Now that the dust has settled, which was better?

Now that the dust has settled, which was better?

Attached: 1550476304588.jpg (600x338, 33K)

This one.

Attached: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (289x345, 48K)

bloodborne

Attached: 1538069053578.jpg (900x600, 93K)

Bloodborne. But Sekiro was still a great game.

Bloodborne. Sekiro was just ok.

Lady Maria of the Astral Clock Tower

Bloodborne
Bait

bb obvs

BB had better level design, atmosphere and setting but Sekiro easily has the best gameplay out of any game From has made so far

>Sekiro easily has the best gameplay out of any game From has made so far
Disagree. It basically devolves into a rhythm game. Spacing and resource management is borderline non-existant compared to Soulsborne. Once you learn to parry, it's braindead as fuck.

Pretty much this. The jump button took this game to a whole other level

>fedora darksouls
>weeb darksouls
They are both good but I may have to give it too BB since you have so much customization, but sekiro has more story focus.

I haven't played either but I can tell you confidently that Sekiro is the superior game based on my vast intellectual capabilities.

>BB had better level design, atmosphere and setting
thats a garbage excuse to give it too BB. Its all based on your personal taste.

Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

BB gets more threads than Sekiro even to this day.

That should give you the answer.

Attached: 1541239739023.jpg (811x1081, 136K)

Bloodborne

Bloodborne still gets daily threads. Sekiro is already forgotten.

No shit, just like any evaluation of the game.

elder ring or whatever

Bloodborne

>Better world
>Better atmosphere
>Better enemy artistic (not combat) design
>Better weapons
>Variety in builds
>Insight > Dragon Rot

Sekiro has generally better core gameplay and boss/enemy combat, but Bloodborne wins out in nearly every other aspect. Unless you're obsessed with that type of feudal japanese environment/mythos, Sekiro is pretty dull.

On a personal level anyway, I enjoy From's games mainly for the exploration of interesting environments and secrets. Bloodborne delivers on that better than even the Souls series at times. Sekiro just didn't offer that as much, with a more tame world overall. Which, if that's what you are looking for, that's cool, but I'm just not really playing for the core combat as much as traveling through an interesting world.

And Bloodborne and the Souls games devolve into "stick to the enemy's asshole and roll occasionally". Sekiro's combat is objectively more complex, but they both become rather simple once you get used to them.

I really enjoyed Sekiro (it actually prompted me to continue/finish Bloodborne) but at the end of it all I enjoyed Bloodborne a bit more. I thought Sekiro was great; the action oriented gameplay style was nuts and super fun, but I like Bloodborne's world and weapons more, especially once I picked up the DLC to play through that.

Attached: y7z3eelbu0j11.jpg (720x1047, 69K)

>3 month old recent game gets more threads than a 4 year old one
What did he mean by this

Attached: 8224EFFF-7D0E-4F37-A0B3-C78F2881A2B8.jpg (950x718, 126K)

>Now that the dust has settled, which was better?
Severance

It's not like action rpgs generally became much more complex than this without becomming more reliant on menu manadgement than the player's skill.

Honestly, this.

Sekiro I guess but neither has shit on the Souls games, even if you include 2.

Sekiro hands down, and this is coming from someone who bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

>I like bb because everyone else likes it!
really sounds like you

Sekiro fans are fags who like that more spam heavy DMC style of gameplay compared to the slower and more methodical Souls style.
Bloodborne was basically Sekiro 0.5
Or maybe they just like being able to stealth instakill all the mobs between bosses making it feel like the only challenge is in boss arenas, I don't know.

The constant rolling in Souls games is kind of silly user.

>I like Sekiro because it's realistic
lmao

It's just that the combat isn't retarded.

>I like Sekiro because it isn't retarded
lol
Stealth kill some more mobs fuccboi
At least you actually have to fight in the Souls games

Do you know how to read?
I said the exact opposite. Despite BB being a 2015 game it still, by FAR, get more threads than any other Souls game or Sekiro, in a PCtendo board of all things.

Really enjoyed both, but I prefer the world and feel of Bloodborne.

Bloodborne's environments and visuals are generally more enthralling but Sekiro's a hell of a lot more fun to play. Bloodborne's vanilla bosses also pale in comparison to Sekiro's offerings, personally can't think of a single Sekiro (main) boss that stoops as low as the likes of the witches, one reborn, paarl, wet nurse, and celestial emissary.

Bloodborne is on a different scale and the better game, but I thoroughly enjoyed Sekiro.
Sekiro's combat is good, but in all honesty, prosthetics and weapon arts are so rarely useful that I can't justify the farming needed to upgrade them and keep them supplied with emblems.
In bloodborne you at least have variety.

>get more threads than any other Souls game
False
>or Sekiro
True

>personally can't think of a single Sekiro (main) boss that stoops as low
DUDE YOU DIE A MILLION TIMES LMAO

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Now that the dust has settled it remains unchanged that I love every single one of those games.

For me, it's Sekiro.
Combat just killed all older From games.
Elden Ring combat probably will be shit too.

I dunno, man, Bloodborne seems to get more actual threads about itself than other souls games. Most souls threads are just bait threads to pit DS3 fags and DS2 fags.

I don't know why you're getting this mad. Obviously combat in any game is going to be stylized and not 100% realistic. But rolliing thirty times during an encounter is just dumb, looks goody and is counter intuitive to anything you could do in battle. It fits in something cartoony like Zelda but really clashes with the more realistic tone of Souls games. Gameplay is supposed to merge with the setting and tone, not clash with it.

I still like Dark Souls and Bloodborne more because of the narrative, character customization and exploration but there's no denying that the combat is lame.

>the amount of threads a game gets measures its quality
Are you going to factor in stream views to your calculations next?

Bloodborne.

But Sekiro's still pretty sweet. Looking forward to the inevitable DLC.

bb+dlc > sekiro > bb base game. they're both great
still probably won't touch either again, sekiro doesn't have the world or atmosphere to draw me back in, bb's controls, gameplay, and performance feel like ass after sekiro

>more threads = better than
noted best game in from's lineup, dark souls 2, due to the amount of discussion it creates

At least there is a variety and each one is unique. Half the bosses in Sekiro are repeats. It's like the Asylum Demon from DaS multiplied by ten.

That's because there's no BB2 and BB3 to get people to fight over. If they gave DS2 and DS3 different names people would actually talk about the game instead of fighting over which is most bad.

lol cry some more retard

It's the opposite, Guardian Ape makes you realize how easy it is to cheese the game. After realizing how to defeat him (which I did on the second try) I never died to any other boss because it became so obvious.

>what are minibosses
If you're referring to the main roster the "repeats" hold enough differences to warrant their own boss title. And I'd honestly prefer an altered repeat of a competently designed boss over an absolute shitter of one.

Just got the game recently and this guy took me a while. I just found it hard to predict the hitboxes from his flailing arms in phase 1 and weird sword swings in phase 2
I just got to Ashina Depths and I can't believe I have to fight two of him at once now

except for the dumb rape ape gank i guess, that was pretty egregious

>If you're referring to the main roster the "repeats" hold enough differences to warrant their own boss title.
If I wanted repeats I'd just play the game again.

For better or worse, Sekiro's not getting DLC by the looks of it. There's an artbook coming out for Japan in only a month and that mod on RetardERA who posted shit about the game in development that ended up being true said that neither From or Activision are interested in pursuing it.

BB literally gets threads from the same spammers who live in BBg

It's just autistic regurgitation of these same topics, obviously done by the same people with threads that rarely go above 30-50 posts.

>Maria sleeping
>I'm new to Bloodborne (but I'm totally actually not), what weapon should I use
>Just a generic picture of Ludwig, "GOTY", or "GOTG", essentially a thinly veiled console warring thread
>More thinly veiled console warring threads in the form of just someone posting Bloodborne, or "Is this the best game ever made", or nonsense to that general effect

Did you uninstall the game?

Bloodborne, but that's because it was the last game before FROM's one trick pony got stale instantaneously. Not excited for Elden Ring either.

Attached: 1561052666463.jpg (3648x2432, 419K)

Fuck off, Guardian Ape is one of the most fun fights in the game. Countering those downward sword swipes for a free stab at the centipede feels great.

>No Sekiro dlc

Attached: images(3).jpg (631x486, 77K)

Sekiro isn't even good, so there's no discussion here.

>Half the bosses in Sekiro are repeats
And they're all sponges that take 10 minutes to beat. Boss battles here are just boring af.

Why are you coping that Sekiro is no longer as discussed as other souls games? Move on.

Attached: 1560942110178.jpg (1038x282, 133K)

wait for the sekiro dlc

based

>imagine being this retarded

>Combat:
Sekiro>BB>DS3
>Bosses:
Sekiro>DS3>BB
>General Gameplay (smooth/free feeling/performance etc):
Sekiro>DS3>BB
>Weapons:
BB>DS3>DS2
>Combat Variety:
DS2>DS3>DS1
>World Design:
DS1>Sekiro>BB
>Storytelling:
Sekiro>DeS>DS1
>Lore:
DS1>BB>DeS
>Characters:
Sekiro=DeS>DS1
>Graphics:
BB>Sekiro>DS3
>Music:
BB>DS3>DS1

Overall I'd rate them DS3>Sekiro>BB>DS1>DeS>DS2.
Sekiro's gameplay and bosses are just phenomenal. The single weapon focus really seems to have allowed the developers to go all out in improving the AI of the enemies, how they react, their intelligence and their general aggressiveness most often exceeds that of the previous games. I also find that aside from the re-use of minibosses, the game never really dips in quality. Wheras Dark Souls 3 starts off really weak, and ends incredibly strong, and Dark Souls second half is full of mids and lows, and Bloodborne's general quality diminishes considerably after the forbidden woods, Sekiro's remains fairly constant.

Atmosphere is a term I find wildly misused to exclusively describe Horror-related elements. Whereas a game like Super Mario Sunshine, for example, has an incredibly strong sense gaiety, contributing to the sunny atmosphere. Fable 2 has a warm, autumnal atmosphere, and Dark Souls, rather pertinently, has a melancholic and solemn atmosphere, like most of From's games. Yet I only see Bloodborne and Demons Souls being praised for their atmosphere, specifically the dread of Tower of Latria, and general terror found present within Bloodborne.

It's always rather bothered me.

Bloodborne, but only because we haven't seen Sekiro's DLC yet.
Excellent summation.

Attached: Vordt2.gif (272x204, 1.46M)

Yeah.

BB is overrated.
Sekiro is probably their greatest achievment in terms of tech. The combat is frame perfect and i can barely criticize the game on any level. Also it has the best final boss fight in all games.
fpbp

based und redpilled

Bloodborne does everything Souls does but worse and Sekiro did everything that BB wanted to do but better.

>Atmosphere is a term I find wildly misused to exclusively describe Horror-related elements. Whereas a game like Super Mario Sunshine, for example, has an incredibly strong sense gaiety, contributing to the sunny atmosphere. Fable 2 has a warm, autumnal atmosphere, and Dark Souls, rather pertinently, has a melancholic and solemn atmosphere, like most of From's games. Yet I only see Bloodborne and Demons Souls being praised for their atmosphere, specifically the dread of Tower of Latria, and general terror found present within Bloodborne.
thank you, dark souls' atmosphere is wildly underappreciated by the community. no other entry in the series has actively led me crestfallen via the world/motifs and dialogue.

Bloodborne

cringe and weebpilled

Attached: Dsj7xxMXgAAw29G.jpg (625x767, 75K)

Just goes to show how memorable and noteworthy the game is.

Dark Souls

DaS3 has more than twice as many people online as Sekiro right now.