Terrible Alts in games

Post just the worst ones you know of.

Attached: Link (4).png (1478x1604, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dybCYC0C7oM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it would be easier to name good alts since most in smash games have been trash.

>smash is all games
wow get a load of this guy

Attached: Cloud_Advent_Children_SSB4.png (509x509, 105K)

To be fair, SSB4 Cloud looked half done

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Edgy
youtube.com/watch?v=dybCYC0C7oM

His face is still fucked up in Ultimate. Besides that, it's the best rendition of the original character.

It's not that bad, but 100% agree,

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 124K)

It's so flat. Seriously, I don't understand what happened to his face when every other "anime" character looks fine. Maybe it's just the angle.

why the FUCK did they remove the best costumes

Attached: C587F57F-E95D-4F77-AC08-546087433C85.png (1371x1255, 1.22M)

Looks fine to me
I'm convinced samurai hates Zelda

Because the BotW team was probably pissing and screaming to use the tunic of the wild as the base

Pac's my main, but his colors are awful. Doesn't stop me from repping Purple, though.
I've heard that it's under rule to keep Pac yellow, but come on. Give me my ghost colors, or even Ms. Pac-Man.

Attached: Pac-Man_Palette_(SSBU).png (2048x256, 242K)

Has there been any talk about new colours/skins for characters? I don't even care about paying for them at this point. Literally two games and my main is riddled with the same fucking colours? Talk about being lazy, god damn. The least they could have done was allowed me to choose different ducks.

Attached: 1415187655474.jpg (600x400, 44K)

Yeah I hate the half assed color swaps. Same with Sonic and the Pokemon. Why can't I have a blue Pikachu?

not TERRIBLE but
>replacing Fire Mario colors
the builder suit I can live with but why is it impossible for a character to have two white alts?

Attached: ss_5.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Attached: 1547255304160.png (2048x348, 732K)

Ultimate Link just has mostly bad skins in my opinion.
This one isn't near as bad as the OP pic, but still not good

Attached: 1550057342318m.jpg (944x1024, 90K)

Literally dealing with billion dollar IPs. Dont forget that even Pokemon in Smash was originally a huge endeavor, seeing as GameFreak had to approve everything. Probably less so now. That said, Incineroar got some colorful alts, dunno why Pikachu or Jigglypuff couldn't unless its just legacy/laziness.

Fire Mario getting cut is dumb.

If I recall correctly, TPC is super anal about the colors and other stuff regarding Smash. There's also a rumor that they were literally going to remove everything Pokémon if Sakurai didn't add in Lucario.

Why do half of Megaman's alts have to be a gross yellow?

Attached: 1000px-Mega_Man_Palette_(SSBU).png (1000x125, 142K)

I like this Link Alt.

Attached: Link (5).png (1478x1604, 1.75M)

all of Link's designs in Smash Ultimate are garbage

The Fierce Deity one is the only one close to being good because it represents something better than the BotW design

Attached: elijah hood.png (295x306, 160K)

But it's still not good compared to how it looks in 4. Also I think this one is good

that's because BotW Link has garbage clothes.

I'm still mad they didn't make Young Link's final smash Fierce Deity. It was too perfect and yet they just reused the old final smash the other Links had in previous games.

FUCK, Even at the very least put the mask on and then do the regular final smash with diety flair!

Attached: think of this ape.png (409x440, 82K)

>Close to being good
>With painted on pants
It's trash like the rest.

Attached: 20190621_020233.png (630x608, 318K)

furry yoshi looks fucking awful up close, is indistinguishable from the regular palette in motion and implies yoshi to have some type of fur texture to him which is absolutely disgusting to me
i personally liked nigger yoshi too so this double stings my ass

Attached: haha.png (600x600, 312K)

yeah he is a fucking waste, a blatant shillpick

Looks like a fucking Mii

>link wearing pantyhose

Attached: 15498765093.jpg (324x586, 36K)

>5 Smash games and still no orange Yoshi

Attached: yoshiseesaw.png (238x673, 236K)

I don’t usually blame nintendo for alts but

where the fuck is this alt

Attached: FAFB3606-1CB4-4FC9-B8BC-087480AD2F3C.jpg (600x785, 106K)

not really about a particular alt but i miss wario's lost 4 alts, mainly sailor wario, i hate that samurai forced all costumes back down to 8
its even weirder because they cut wario's costumes down in 4 yet little mac still had a full 16, 8 and 8 for regular and wireframe and even that got cut down in ultimate

Attached: wah.png (768x172, 114K)

show me something worse than this piece of shit and I'll be impressed

Attached: AHRjzfO.jpg (299x487, 27K)

agree
it's one thing if it's consistent

Fuck off

What the fuck, Sub Zero?

Attached: zp9i8ojn9ca11.png (740x690, 1.18M)

I'm not wrong

Attached: Jiren_Color_2.png (435x755, 358K)

>I disagree
>but I agree

>no tuxedo
>no big boss fatigues alt
>none of the alts get face paint

Attached: 23451905.jpg (639x502, 38K)

The villager's dark skinned alts trigger me. Not because I hate darkies but because they were so lazily done, they just took the existing alts from 4, slapped a new skin tone on them and called it a day. It doesn't fucking work like that

Attached: Villager_Palette_%28SSBU%29.png (2048x256, 475K)

Why does Ultimate Link look so angry?
Look at this little fucker. he’s showing all the anger he can ever express

Attached: BC3416B6-756E-4C7E-9BE9-91F1F3201F72.jpg (605x409, 80K)

Sakarai hates Zelda

Red DK is one of the best alts in the game.

>removed 8 alts
>6 with wire frame and 2 with regular mac
>still no NES punch out mac
>removed major circuit alt

i swear to fucking god sakurai has a rage boner against mac

based

Attached: 1550823661417.png (1095x650, 339K)

The worst part about links alts is the fucking colored skins in sub for actual pants. They put no effort into him. Can we get TP Link back in the next game or at least have his costumes

You deserve it for playing the bland toast character of Smash

this is pretty based.

mac with the shit kicked out of him would have been great, i wish samurai added the battle damage he wanted to implement in brawl

Attached: tj """"henry"""" yoshi.png (680x552, 96K)

Link in Smash just always looks angry, I think
I doubt we will, but I can see them having him as a skin

Clearly, you have not seen Mermaid Man

Attached: Mermaid Man.png (523x918, 956K)

>Legs painted dark blue

I hate Link's costumes in Ultimate so very, very much

are all his colours this awesome?

has this whole thread never heard of spandex?

I'm mad they didn't make Young Link based off MM at all, such a waste of potential, imagine being able to switch between Deku, Zora, and Goron link and having a fierce diety final smash, that shit would've been so cool

Attached: 1532429368432.gif (225x225, 1.09M)

the one I pick

yeti kong is based

Not only do they demand to approve every color-swap, and refuse the majority presented, they blanket refuse to allow shiny colors to be an option. Something about it feeling less rare and special.

Stopman: The Iron-Fist of Justice

Attached: Timestop.png (517x912, 913K)

>fans make better alts than the "ultimate" version of Smash

Attached: pXl968l.jpg (640x480, 66K)

Screw that, where is my smooth-shaven Snake with MGS1 Sneaking Suit?

Attached: 71MAyPa1V9L._UY606_.jpg (436x606, 17K)

I only see 7 Snake's here.
Why does the second row only have 2?

So the guy from DQ has four distinct models, but this fucking sakurai can’t give us a shiekah suit and barbarian costume?
what a hack

The costume its recoloring has bare legs, and those sections are just colored to match his clothes on these alt skins
And it looks stupid.

>t.

Attached: 1554073030746.jpg (977x1200, 124K)

Only trapfags want sheikah link. And it's clear they didn't give a fuck about Link in this game

>i wish samurai added the battle damage he wanted to implement in brawl
Mac is visibly beat-up and has a bandage or two on his face after matches in 4/Ultimate if he's at a high percentage

Sheikah Link is for both trapfags and normalfags
You don’t think it just looks cool?

>And it's clear they didn't give a fuck about Link in this game
Right, that's why he's the best he's ever been in any Smash game and is actually high tier rather than being at very bottom like he was in every past game.

I will never understand the jap obsession of ruining a perfectly good design with those shitty shorts

Just give him and Simon a full pair of goddamn pants

I would've been content with him just having the gear from Majora's Mask.

Attached: Young_Link_Gilded_Sword_1.png (1920x1080, 407K)

>Just give him and Simon a full pair of goddamn pants
Yeah but then they can't do this, pants restrict your movement far too much and, to be blunt, this is just plain badass.

Attached: jNI1zem.png (828x777, 578K)

They made his final smash the same as Zelda's and his alts are the worst they've been. Even Smash 1's alts which were just simple tunic recolors are better

Zelda from smash 4*

Post costumes you want if Sakurai ever decides to make bank by adding alt costumes as DLC

Attached: Ganondorf_(Hyrule_Warriors).png (421x655, 351K)

Attached: zeld.png (2170x600, 1.11M)

>Cloud's palettes barely fucking changes how he looks, with extremely faint tints on each costume
>Luminary gets three other fucking characters and then gets great palette swaps on top of that
Why is SE so autistic when it comes to FF? Luminary has clearly shown that they're clearly able to work with Nintendo on some things
Doesn't matter, you'll get a high ride like that

Attached: 1541987237668.png (2048x256, 322K)

>Changed his final smash and made outfits you don't like
>HOLY SHIT ERMERGERD THEY HAAAAAAAATE LINK >:((((

If they hated him they'd have left him fucking terrible and bottom-tier, but he's a high-tier Chad now, get fucked.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 73K)

NINTENDO

Do we have one for Richter and K.Rool yet?I think its because they barely own it themselves.

He's high tier because most of the high tiers are """zoners""" that just throw out projectiles every second.

Attached: masked.png (630x487, 566K)

It's the same reason TPC refuses to let Pikachu be colored in any extreme way. You have to have it resemble what came before.

Can't remember if anyone made any for Richter.
There was one for KRool when every one making them though but don't have it.

Recolors are not alternate costumes.

Smash, DBFZ and any other fighter can fuck off with claiming they are. Lazy piece of shit developers.

Attached: 13F2AB31-ED80-4187-985E-A7A39699CD37.gif (740x416, 1.86M)

They didn't even get the color of his shirt right.

All the tier lists have a pretty diverse top and high tier, did you even look at any of them?

Underrated

It's not in Cloud's personality at all to be wearing bright colors by choice, those are already a little fruity for him.
Representationfags are secondaries who don't care about Smash at all, that's not news.
Link's bomb is pure ludo.

>talks about Cloud wearing fruity colors to be out of character and then says he hates representationfags in the same post

Because they're based on weapons that he has in smash:
Mega Buster
Rush Coil
Leaf Shield
Metal Blade
Air Shooter
Slash Claw
Flame Blast
Top Spin

>sakurai
>lazy
dilate

Yes.

Attached: 1560826255298.png (500x368, 24K)

The fuck? How can Square not own FF!?

People who only use recolors that are references to something are the most obnoxious kind of person, usually

At least you stand by it, I guess?

Anyways, they should've just given Cloud colors for every party member. If you don't count the first AC skin as a separate color, then he has just enough for every non-Yuffie, non-Vincent character.

one from a while back

Attached: croc.jpg (2048x487, 328K)

My point is that I'm not screaming like a little bitch over the most trivial and worthless stuff in the universe.

Afaik SE's rights are all over the place, especially regarding FF. I'm pretty sure this is why Sakurai could only get two tracks from one of the best video game OSTs ever made.

I think DQ suffers from this less, especially because it's Enix and not Square.

someone who doesn't care about tiers could argue those are more pointless than Link looking dumb

personally I don't use Link but I could understand that viewpoint

What about PP and Joker?

Pretty sure they own FF, just not the rights to the music used.

I think it’s just the music rights that are screwy. They’re owned by the composer and not the company, which sounds great in principle and is probably how things should be. But it fucks stuff up for smash cause getting the rights to a si gle ff song is supposed to be absurdly expensive.

The SOLDIER alts are fine, as they're distinctive enough, and the blue and red ones are even based on Class 3 and 2 Soldier uniforms. Cloudy Wolf alts suck though.

believe it or not, that brick wall is actually Snake

Also the official Art is a gray area.

A MATING PRESS IS A MATING PRESS!

I wish I could play as lopoly Cloud.

Honestly now I'm wondering if they Really do own Geno or if that's just all hit air.

You don't have to care about tiers to acknowledge that they just made him better

Weren't out when these were made. So someone will have to make them new.

>that description of the white color
the first half is why I play white Marth, because the edgy black one was taken.

Pac is not wak.
Can't be anything but normal yellow.

Ms. Pacman will be part of the free update to give every third party character an echo.

Who would Joker's echo be?

Fuck. I had one in mind for everybody BUT Joker, I forgot about him. There's literally not an existent Persona character who also uses knives.

If I cross my eyes, the tits turn into yoshi's nose.

IF YOU LIKE AC CLOUD OVER REGULAR CLOUD

YOU ARE GAY

THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE

Fuck. I guess I like dick now...
Any anons wanna hit me up with some advice for my new gay life?

i agree

speaking of final smashes, am i the only one who's bugged about Pit's FS in Ultimate, it's just the dragoon, and it's from exclusively uprising, instead of being the Three Sacred Treasures, the weapon he's had since the first NES game

also i think DK's final smash should've had more jungle beat finesse to it, like jungle vines around the screen, or have the DK bongos appear on the bottom of the screen for some kind of reference (they even remodeled the bongo's so they should've done that

Attached: Pit´s_Three_Sacred_Treasures.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

I think the worst part about this and Link's other tunic alts is how they colored the skin of his legs to match the pants. Like he painted his legs or something. I get that they think it'd look a bit silly otherwise, but I honestly think it'd actually be less ridiculous if they just left his legs bare like in the default green tunic alt.

jerk off to Cloud, presumably

Attached: Amano_Cloud_&_Aerith_II.jpg (786x1000, 640K)

Which one?

I don't know, you're the gay one

Amano's art matches Cloud terribly but Aerith looks pretty good

You can always tell the player is shit, when this alt is used

Tunic of the wild looks terrible
What an embarrassing costume

There was that "Thunderbolt Project" collaboration with Fragment from a while back. One product that came from that was a Pikachu plush that was completely black.

Fact: Smash Ultimate is the most popular fighting game ever since online has happened. You may not want to call it a fighting game, but that is irrelevant to my next point.

Fact: Cloud, according to Sakurai, was the most played character online in Smash Ultimate's initial release, where it was at peak activity

Fact: Cloud's AC skin is the most popular alt skin for Cloud because people haven't actually seen the movie.

Therefore: AC Cloud is the most popular alternate skin for a fighting game character EVER. How does that make you feel? That this terrible outfit is the most popular.

Cloud attracts niggers and hispanics for some bizarre reason

Not an alt but Other M Samus looks like a fisher price piece of shit, should have just added the Samus Returns design.

Is there one for R.O.B.?

Koromaru?

>Tunic of the Wild
They shouldn't have bothered with this fucking shit. Especially since 3/4 of these recolors need pants and they just decided to paint Link's legs instead. Jesus fuck have him wear Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword Link's outfit or something.

I've been wanting this since brawl
I would've been okay with just this tho, still dont get why they didnt do it

Attached: the_legend_of_zelda_majoras_mask_3d_conceptart_KNUjn.jpg (760x950, 170K)

Good call, actually.

>Snake: too many options
>Sonic: Metal Sonic/Shadow
>Megaman: Protoman/Bass
>Pac-Man: Ms. Pacman
>Cloud: Zach
>Bayonetta: Jeanne
>Joker: Koromaru

No one see any problems? Alright. Good to go.

based

Koromaru don't got no limbs

It's a small thing but it pisses me off White DK doesn't have a blue tie. He's literally Super Kong otherwise.

Attached: 220px-Super_Kong.png (220x222, 62K)

That's not true. He has four, just like Joker.

>Koromaru with Joker's proportions

Attached: DameDesuYo-Shingeki-no-Kyojin-Season-3-Part-2-53-1920x1080-10bit-AAC_00_22_05.532_0001-1024x576.png (1024x576, 793K)

becuz BREATH OF THE WILLLLD OMG BEST ZELDA GAEM EVAR MAKE EVERYTHING BOTW OMG BASED

i dont like breath of the wild if you couldnt tell, especially link and zelda's design

That's because he actually wears pants. It's his "of the wild" outfit that's the problem.

even when i bothered to look at people's speculation about Link's possible new moveset i really wasn't happy. i don't think the paraglider thing is a good idea for a recovery. and i'm glad they stuck with classic link moveset for the most part at the very least. I'm even more glad that Mario didnt get an Odyssey Cappy moveset.

the problem with making characters modern instead of more iconic is that they get dated really easily. when smash 6 is out, people are gonna remember how dated BotW link was. same with Crafted Yoshi.

Check again. Mac gets battle damage. Even in 4.

They could literally just have Breath of the Wild Link wear one of these outfits. That solves any potential autism with THAT LINK COULDN'T USE REMOTE BOMBS. It's stupid.

Attached: skyward-1024x575.jpg (1024x575, 60K)

it actually does in animal crossing

Here's an old one for Corrin that got posted once

Attached: Corrin Mains.png (2048x459, 455K)

the problem with BotW link design is the genericness of his outfit, Blue is used so much in the game that he doesn't stand out or anything from the rest of the characters, the green tunic and hat is a indistinguishable trademark of the character.
i dont know what they were thinking with BotW link
pic related would've been perfect desu

>You know who you are
not a corrinfag so I don't get it

I pick that skin when I play Corrin and I don't get it either

And one for Ridley

Attached: Ridley Mains.png (2048x484, 745K)

that looks incredibly impractical

I know door-kun lost the ability in Portable but he could equip any weapon in the base game/FES and he has the evoker as well. Also I think one of the first persona party members had razors or some shit as their melee weapon

Two games in a row have had this trash fake fierce deity shit. Just put the real thing in.
Also fuck this trash tunic, why not just reuse the one from the last game. Fuck botw was a mistake.

gimme the snake and lady pal ones

worst thing under the sun

Attached: 758E29CB-3DC6-4CC9-B71A-E48714501090.jpg (1024x569, 142K)

Yes, but then we run into the issue of it doesn't make sense for Door-kun to use Eiha, or rebel's guard, or a grappling hook, or a gun with bullets, and he's never shown to be as nimble as Joker. If you go out of your way to change all these things then he's not an echo anymore.

I fixed him, you're welcome

Attached: fixed link.png (1600x1600, 1.79M)

NINTENDO

That's pretty close to pic related, I can get behind this

Attached: 1560736187906.jpg (761x809, 112K)

Got anymore? These are pretty alright.

Why is the Fierce Deity costume so stylish?

Attached: Fierce_Deity_Link.jpg (601x883, 102K)

>We need an excuse to reuse the Adult Link model for MM without anyone complaining
>"Hold my Beer,"

>Goddess Sword is in the game
wait but that's the master sword
are there two???

The shade of blue BotW Link has is very distinctive in-game, it's not used anywhere else. Reminds me of pic related.

Attached: 7437B475-914D-446D-9B00-972E08701E3D.jpg (640x352, 28K)

Eh, green Champion's Tunic looks kind of weird weird since the design is so different from his usual outfits, it's just a shirt.

The Goddess Sword breaks in BOTW, so I'm assuming it's a replica
That's true, but it's a lot like the Kokiri Tunic in that regard, but blue instead of green

If they implemented battle damage more widely than just one or two characters it'd be pretty much a necessity to have a Senran Kagura character get in.

That's all I got, don't know if anyone else has Snake/Palutena

Here's the mains chart, hasn't been updated though

Attached: what your smash main says about you.png (2743x904, 1.23M)

Attached: snek.jpg (1891x576, 310K)

I will now buy your game

>No MGS1 clean shaven Snake
>No Tuxedo Snake
>No outfits of Snake with sunglasses
>No MG Acid 2 Snake
Literal waste

Oven mitts tho.

>gap between colors 2 and 3
Why?

No one who likes Robin actually likes Fire Emblem

Attached: 1528088539438.png (500x521, 186K)