What exactly is wrong with game discussion outside of Yea Forums?

What exactly is wrong with game discussion outside of Yea Forums?

Attached: 141261412.png (662x502, 77K)

Do you actually ever see game discussion on Yea Forums?

Late at night sometimes

A lot of people here have lost the ability to appreciate.

whose night?

they actually discuss video games

How do you get stuck on Rom?

no, because statistically most people are low averaged ranked in video games, so they never really touch the skill ceiling in any video game mathematically.

Pretty much the odds of running into them commenting is zero to shit.

Attached: wew.jpg (584x657, 231K)

>sharing experiences with a game
>not complaining about women

wtf?

They are an enviably simple folk who have normal lives and dabble in videogames only once in awhile and thus every videogame experience has little yardstick to be measured against in their eyes, allowing even the simplest of AAA experiences to be masterpieces.

all video game discussion outside of Yea Forums is basically >co-workers start talking about video games

Attached: 1511697880434.jpg (479x479, 18K)

people on other websites are intrusive faggots that whine and try to get spoonfed. this is nothing new

Attached: 1531279234472.png (500x636, 262K)

Also I forgot to add low ranking pleb casual shitters anything that comes out of there mouths usually degrades peoples communities for the dumb nigger shit they say.

It's like a Mcdonalds cashier giving directions to Elon at Tesla, of course it's going to go to shit.

Every site has it's problems, there's no truly good video game discourse in my opinion.

Reddit is super faggy and everything is written with clear intent to preserve your online persona/milk upvotes out of people. Resetera/Neogaf doesn't discuss video games, just social issues.

And nothing else matters really. Yea Forums is my favorite if only because I really do think people who love the vidya the most post here. As negative/off-topic as the discussion is most of the time, it's at least entertaining. And when Yea Forums gets serious for once I can usually rely on good information. I've found half of my top 10s on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1547829535268.png (740x537, 783K)

Just going by your picture, the upvote/downvote system and whatever that "give award" bullshit is
Also usernames
Other places have post numbers and titles which encourage people to suck the cocks of whoever has the highest rank even if everything they say is 100% bullshit
You can't really be honest about anything unless you don't mind everyone hating you and being banned since mods are always faggots

Its based on getting points

>My GF recommended me Bloodborne as an introduction to difficult games.

Woo-wee...

Yikes. Imagine even being in the vicinity of such a drooling retard. I'd legitimately punch him in the face if i ever saw his ugly casual mug.

t. first tried rom because I don't have room temperature IQ

In really off topic threads there's off topic shitposting and also very general video game conversations going on at the same time, the latter often being very high quality discussion.

>i-it's because they don't play games much
Cope. I was getting high scores on literally every arcade game i touched when i was 8.

>downboated, which means OP has a reddit account
Go back.

I see shitloads of it, anyone who doesn't is just looking for off topic shit or has tastes that are unfortunately targeted by shitposters.
Recently been enjoying a certain PC game's threads that I won't mention the name of, as well as lots of handheld threads and the occasional /vr/ thread that made its way onto Yea Forums.

Nothing, it's actually on Yea Forums where you see the issues of a community built by virgin losers who have way too much time on their hands.

Attached: 03ef71a5803bbb414d53020ed36c9f8d--shark-week-funny-funny-sharks.jpg (736x593, 68K)

I remember the idiodacy of Yea Forums in 2010.

They hated every game. That's when this site got bad.

To be fair, most games coming out at the time were the same brown n bloom, ultra realistic and gritty military shooters with chest high walls everywhere.

Why does everyone on r*ddit type like an awkward 40 year old?

>people spent several days on isshin

Attached: 7bvo6wuuqfu11.jpg (900x900, 61K)

>post dissenting opinion
>get private messages about it from people who are too cowardly to insult in public
I didn't know Reddit was that cancerous. It's not even the community, it's literally built for cancer. What's worse, you only get notifications from a thread if someone replies to you or you watch the thread, or if you manually update it. The website isolates you a lot.
Say what you will about the community but I found it interesting that the website itself fosters a certain kind of behavior.

I remember hearing about how some streamer who plays games for a living took 8 hours on Sans. Some people must just inherently have awful hand-eye coordination or something, I can't imagine how else this kind of stuff is possible.

Attached: 1561091451968.png (2492x1956, 2.29M)

I see this people say "SJeW" all the time, what the fuck even is that? Are they trying to pretend that hating them is the same as hating Jews somehow?

I gave up trying to understand these freaks a long time ago.

Attached: liberals dancing on Senrans' graves.png (2915x2368, 2.99M)

godamn. this.

It's tough right because you feel good about how much stronger or cooler you are in and in your faggot anime imagination it's worth something. You feel better than them cause your gud.

But they seem to have had this way more emotional experience than you even if they're shit.

Maybe you resent that they seem dumb and happy, maybe you think they are lying. Maybe they are just trying to get attention - but then you made a thread about it too.

I like v despite it's vitriolic hate because I think that hate comes from having higher expectations and the bitterness of getting ripped off and lied too so much.

Also elitism.

Nothing, it's equally retarded.

In this case it's about attention and le upboats.

This this whole "no self-promotion of any kind" culture on reddit since its beginning.
That permeated all forms of thought. To bypass it they came up with weird, snide passive-aggressive speech to self promote their shit.
Over the years, it evolved into this very fucked up form of extremely self deprecating speech cultural hugbox where people talk in a very weird and depressing lingo.

"Look at this, I made this, I think it's cool, I share it with you, share in my joy"
Became
"Dissertation about how fucked, shameful and pathetic I am, I did a thing, please approve of me, here I even smeared myself in shit to prove I'm humble and kind"
When low-T cucked males and zoomers devoid of self identity get in the mix, it becomes even worse.