It's DoA, right?

It's DoA, right?

Attached: battle_pass_beta.png (970x550, 781K)

Other urls found in this thread:

isartifactdead.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=IHtfIc_P2KU
youtube.com/watch?v=yXAtTkQi8Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=i3aMwO3dEtY
youtube.com/watch?v=i0rFrUuvA4o
steamcharts.com/app/1046930
youtube.com/watch?v=eTL7Cyz9nb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's not really that good. tried it on my phone (google pixel) and it used 55% battery in half an hour

no it's dota

It's the most notvideogame ever made.

It deserves to be. No other DAC clone has managed to compare. It'd be better if they made a direct copy.

It will be fine since its on mobile, but its crazy how much the team behind this is talking about updates and feedback. Not only more than Artifact got, but probably more than CS or Dota 2.

No clone can compare to DAC? Isn’t League of Legends TFT doing really well? It’s jot even fully released yet either

That's the power of waifu design. waifu autochess would be ez money

Attached: 1561014117327.jpg (1191x671, 73K)

Its crazy buggy. Units AFK, 2 of the characters actually didn't function, an item was super bugged, they hotfixed it, and it was still bugged and required a second hotfix.

TFT is doing well simply because it's League. I can't believe it's taken Riot this long to throw something out considering they have a Blizztard-tier fanbase who will slurp up anything.

Any big project is a huge undertaking from how poorly managed Riot is. This is a small project that is a ripoff of a ripoff, a team of 30 people made this in 6 weeks. Valve's team is 25 and they probably made it in a similar amount of time.

Dota 2 is almost 7yo
CS:GO is already like 7yo
both without counting the betas.
Those are old products who are long past their prime and are there for the money, not for the fans and content updates, its like TF2 past the Love and war update, on Auto-pilot and slowly fading into "dead game" status. as much as tf2 is.
Not Exactly "DEAD" in the literal definition but slowly going that path of no updates except localization files and some hats from time to time until they eventually dissapear.

>30
What the fuck don't they have like 1500 employees and Valve has like 300? Do they have 1470 people working on League alone? And it's still just a worse Dota 2?

Icefrog vs Riot reminds me of that Iron Man scene where he screams at the scientist.

Attached: 1552537455744.jpg (1600x1000, 343K)

most of riot does literally nothing. They are incredibly inefficient and instead just hang out in their little cliques and pretend they are in highschool. If you don't have a group you are ostracized until you leave the company.

I am saying in the entirety of Dota 2, there was almost no presence of the team on social media of any kind about future stuff, feedback on stuff, or anything like Bruno and Finol are doing for this.

Riot does all the esports shit inhouse, so probably 1000 of those jobs are esports and random ass jobs. They have a job whose sole purpose is getting 5v5 games of League going on between people at Riot. Plus all the MUH LORE shit at Riot was expanded a few years ago with a lore re-do so they probably have a dozen writers doing nothing most of the itme

Best UI is droda autochess on mobile

ironic that a mobile game has better UI than a pc game

>has a fundamental misunderstanding of how business works and how something can fulfill different purposes
>throws a Marvel capeshit on top of it
what the fuck happened to this site

>actually excited for something new from Valve, despite being DOTA related shit
>give the game a try
>it's boring as fuck

Attached: JeffTang.png (297x325, 246K)

played a few games of it tonight
its alright

isartifactdead.com/
>81 players

Attached: 1534900335334.jpg (744x1052, 341K)

It's the Artifact team. The Artifact team is a bunch of newbloods at Valve helmed by old blood Finol.
I feel bad for them because it's clear Garfield was the main reason Artifact failed and they were just along for the plane crash. The Artifact team did the same thing and communicated well, they just couldn't do shit because of Garfield's vision (Don't balance cards, heavy monetization, tons of RNG).

still waiting for an autochess clone with cute girls

shit UI

>have to click on each enemy players screen to see their unit comp
>no summary screen of all players, unit comp, current gold
>cant preview units abilities before buying them
>have to click into unit buying screen to level character up
>doesnt tell you the % chance of each type of card per level
>2 and 3 star units look the same visually to 1 star units

never played an autochess game before and playing underlords just made me want to try the original
how long before valve nukes it and goes all in on underlords

honestly i think the epic game's version made by droda will win

has mobile and pc version
all the normies already have epic games launcher installed from fortnite

As someone who has no idea how to play autochess, the tutorial really sucks. It just tells you how to buy units and give them items. That's it. Doesn't even give you a clue as to what the fuck the game even is and it felt like it was never going to end.

>you can lock your unit selection screen so it doesnt change for next round
>you get interest based on how much gold you bank, no benefit after 50
>you get bonuses based on units with same type or race
>you can rank up to get more units on the board and better chances at better cards
>3 of the same unit can combine to be stronger

of the same unit can combine to be stronger
Is that how you get the 2 and 3 star units? Sounds like something they should've mentioned in the tutorial.

It's literally shartifact 2.0

It's fun, but soulless.

All can be worked on, and some units do change from 1 to 2 to 3. Its mild right now but easily can be changed. Riot went a whole different approach which many people don't like and might not pan out for 1-2 years.

I don't like that you cant see what items you have, and also see the DPS meter, and also see the unit synergies at the same time. The flipping through tab bullshit is dumb

it really depends what drodo's autochess will be like when it releases on PC

but at this stage id rather play autochess with an emulator on PC than underlords

It is, and you're right, it is.

Soon 100k on steam alone
And it's only been half a day since the release

The game's fun. The 'Global Item' mechanic they added is a great addition, though some can get a little stupid (Final Flash is retarded as hell). The one that makes all Humans into Heartless is more in line with what they need to go for.

Any of the non-doomsaying spergs out there know what version 'autochess' underlord is running?
I know they started working on it before some of the new pieces where added but it genuinely feels like they didn't looking into any of the balancing the Chinese one has had sense launch and it still the range OP autochess from like march.

Its pretty much what coat of paint you like your chess at this point
Ive been playing dota 2 for a long while, so underlord/original DAC feel more at home to me. And the less rng depended item dropping and swapping appeal to me greatly

I'm trying to remember. I think the newest piece is Tiny, which would make it a few months old I think.

People kinda forgot that despite dota2’s smaller fanbase, steam users are in the couple millions. A valve made, endorsed, and advertised right on the store’s front page IS huge

Its custom. Druid rework, no Wisp isn't in yet, some of the numbers/balancing is changed.

>Artifact got fucked
>Valve desperately releasing a standalone based on apopular custom game to fill that void
Its already dead.

Do we know if it counts mobile?

Attached: tiny.jpg (257x196, 7K)

>mobile and pc server connected
chinks are so fucked lol
and i dont even play this game

It's about to hit 100k concurrent.
China is gonna hit this shit like crazy

Definitely not, only pc steam

I don't think any games do that. Its just getting towards Russia and China hours.

It's boring RNG garbage just like Auto Chess.
Only improvement is the controls because it's a standalone game and not a mod.

What the balance in this version is complete shit.
>let's add a bunch of 1 tile away abilities
What a horrific idea

Also
>no courier = no soul

Wow, I assumed it would count mobile because it requires a steam login. If not these numbers are gonna be nuts. TFT has twitch views because nobody can fucking play it but Underlords has players

>drow has massive range and barely moves
>Give her a 1 tile passive

Full retard

Couriers were only in as a stupid design limitation. The Yo button has infinite soul

>no reward system to keep zoomers playing
this is the one reason i think its going to be the bottom of the bunch

They need the notifications up top to notify you of when a winstreak ends so I can yo the shit out of it.

I downloaded it earlier to see what all the buzz was about and I thought it was pretty shit, but I would probably think all of the other autochess games were shit too because I just didn't enjoy what rng laden gameplay there is. It felt like more than half of the time I spent on it was just sitting there watching shit fight each other and waiting instead of actually doing anything. The tutorial for Underlords is also garbage, it never even explains how to upgrade the heroes until you've already done it, nor does it explain that some of the heroes have secondary abilities that aren't listed, i.e. Booty Hunter can go invisible and basically teleports to enemy units. I'm probably just too old for this shit anymore.

Psss

>315k players in queue for TFT which you can access only with a PBE account
>60k peak for Underlords on release day
oh no no no dotabros what happened

Attached: file.png (943x195, 63K)

I think the plan is to add them over time. They don't even have the actual Underlords in yet.
The psst is really good

I think they have learned this lesson with the Artifact and will add a progression very soon

I wouldn't be shocked to see battlepass like next week

Valve's audience actually cared about more than Just Dota, they have brains, so they ignore these shit cash ins, League's audience is like Blizzards, no matter how bad the product they will lap it up and ensure it's a success, although at least Blizzards is starting to see the cracks, League's more than likely never will.

TFT beta has a reward pass already, and Valve already said they are having a battle pass for Underlords.

>day time in china
>underlords gets its peak playercount
Really makes me think

Attached: rsQ0Ewn.png (751x399, 107K)

>Release a new game after 1 week of development for PC and Mobile with Crossplay

and there are people who still think Valve will ever release another single player game.

based dotard
keep sucking gaben's cock maybe he'll make a decent game someday

>keep sucking gabens cock
I stopped with Valve and steam years ago.

Did valve rush becahSe the lol version is running already?

Attached: file.png (943x195, 48K)

They rushed because the sooner they have a product the sooner they can monetize it. The company has gone to complete shit. now I kind of wish that Valve did go into developing a game for Nintendo, at least then we could have had something of value from them this decade.

seething

Watch when CIS hit the day

based enjoy your shit cash grabs

>cash grab
I never paid for anything

The Valve version was running already, and said last week that one week later, aka yesterday, would be open beta launch. Both games are rushed to hell based on how many bugs or UI oversights they have

>taking LITERALLY no damage

Protip: If you wanna fuck up meta mage corner camping fags go scrappy scaleys

Attached: Fuck mages.jpg (729x673, 124K)

Dota's characters are actually good, why are the only spinoffs shallow meetoo copy cats instead of something good like an RPG or an RTS based in the world with the races and characters?

>I didn't buy microtransactions so that means the game filled with them is okay

just like any F2P game

I love Witchdoctor so much. Don't get me started on Tiny

That requires people to actually make new shit instead of re-purpose stuff. If Valve got off their asses they could probably put out a huge game but its very unlikely outside of this upcoming VR game

imagine wanting an RPG with the soulless Dota 2 character design

Attached: file.png (724x619, 282K)

Earthshaker is the definition of soul

God faggots always bring up Wraith King. Yes it's a fucking tragedy but there's still ghosts (LMFAO) of Skeleton King's greatness in him and the rest of the 100+ roster are still amazing.
Pugna is my personal favorite.

Attached: 1543080388281.png (540x575, 406K)

Attached: file.png (320x302, 96K)

HoN's character's have soul, DotA's are fucking claymabominations

>game where you run a clinic as witch doctor
>katamari damacy but slowly building up a living pile of rocks
Valve are the worst.

Are we getting loli pugna?

MORE

After introducing the 'persona' concept they fucking better.

Attached: 1540420467518.png (967x1503, 529K)

>make character skins like this in underlords
>game suddenly prints money

Dota designs and voices are god tier.
Only problem is the lore but they're good enough to be forgiven.

youtube.com/watch?v=IHtfIc_P2KU
youtube.com/watch?v=yXAtTkQi8Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=i3aMwO3dEtY
youtube.com/watch?v=i0rFrUuvA4o

Also, considering we're getting original underlords voicelines this is gonna be even better

Attached: void brando.jpg (774x1032, 232K)

Valve are too creative for their own good. They'd rather make Giant James Bond Villain Walrus Man than a typical loli/waifu.
Both lamentable and respectable.

Attached: 1538789465368.jpg (1000x1095, 603K)

That's what Invoker sounds like? His voice doesn't match his appearance at all.

Invoker is an old as hell mage that is so fucking ascended that he learned hundreds of spells when the best wizards only learn 4 at most, hence the usual 4 active spells at most other characters have.

He's such a big brain he grew to smug levels never before seen, the voice fits perfectly

It counts mobile users. Check it yourself - launch underlords on your phone and look at your steam status - it will show that you play Underlords via phone.
Theres more - if you dont completely close the game on your phone it will show that you still playing it.

not counting
>limited himself to only 10 spells
>they are not even his strongest spells
>just so his enemies can actually fight a bit to entertain him

Attached: 7cf.png (237x319, 111K)

The chink version is unironically better.
Runs better, uses less battery, finds matches quicker, etc
I don't know how valve keeps fucking up. Like they fucking panicked when the chink studio refused to let valve buy them and broke off to do their own thing. Valve is just a trend chaser now instead of making their own things. Sad really, can't wait to see them copy GOG2.0 too.

>111k ingame
>in the top 4 on steam
>dead on arrival

Attached: 1550675648898.jpg (598x600, 68K)

>valve would never lie about their own games numbers and pay streamers to try to hype it up
you shills learned nothing from artificat

delusional

They've always been a trend chaser aside from half life. All their other games.

>chink hours
>its alive
>western hours
>dead

Attached: 8f2ba60e39ac07246d1fd3421313d632.png (640x722, 462K)

left4dead was new
portal was new
counterstrike was new take on arena

WOW JUST LIKE DOTA 2.
Yeah we know Dota as a brand is dead in NA.

Valve didn't make CS, they bought it from the devs
Same goes for Portal, it was based on an existing game called Narbacular Drop and Valve just hired the devs

Half Life and L4D are the only original things Valve has made

>WOW JUST LIKE DOTA 2.
not really

Attached: file.png (543x167, 90K)

I thought Turtle Rock made L4D?

No, it's dota, idiot.

>pay streamers
No one is streaming the game, its dead on Twitch but so is Dota 2 outside of tournaments

>play with the ai to try to see what this game is about
>every round some faggot pirate ship stuns all my guys
epic
why do bugpeople like this?

It dips into low 200,000 territory during NA hours. That's pretty fucking awful compared to peak Eastern times.

Garfield sabotages every game he gets to work on so that it doesn't compete with his own games.

Yeah. Pretty much.

Yep, Valve took over development and changed a bunch of shit. I'd say L4D2 was entirely Valve.

That is normal, even years ago. League's NA population can't even support splitting the servers so everyone gets better ping.

>What is Pokemon Go and that new shitty Harry Potter reskin

I hope so

>tower defense for yellow monkeys
I honestly don't understand this meme.

chill the fuck out retard, you can start making these threads in a week or so

>Plus all the MUH LORE shit at Riot was expanded a few years ago with a lore re-do so they probably have a dozen writers doing nothing most of the itme
Has the game's lore improved since Graham McNeill started working as their senior writer? I mostly love the guy's Warham novels so I'm curious if he turned this shitshow around.

What am i supposed to do during the automed battle segment? Sit there like a cuck and twiddle my thumbs as i stare at a game playing itself for me? Who the fuck likes this garbage?

More like Garfield is a hack and keeps trying to get a magic 2.0

Keyforge is as far away from magic as you can get though.

you're meant to evaluate the behaviour on your board and try to improve positioning in between.

Treant Protector is the definition of soul.

Attached: comfy pepe.png (342x329, 186K)

Pathetic. I could literally play this "game" with both hands tied behind my back using my ass sharts to direct the mouse every few seconds to place the units. What a stupid fucking game for stupid fucking insects such as asians.

>Riots Teamfight tactics #1 on twitch with over 100k viewers
>Valves Underlords barely has 10k viewers
wtf happened to Valve? Is this another Artifact?

valve is 300 counting the cleaning lady and the doorman. People who actually works with games is like 60. May be more, but I remember back when Dota 2 was being released they stated that they had 60 people working on it.

>RTSfags BTFO'd by chess

>a F2P game with no P2W features or asking the players to pay to progress
Nah but it will also never be more popular than a League product. For streamers, some of them prefer League because they play it and other prefer League because its community is not only larger but also more open to just watch streams. Dota people literally only like Dota, and I can't think of a single non-primarily Dota streamer who is mainstream in other categories.

It's beating fucking Fortnite. You know what else was beating Fortnite when it released? Realm fucking Royale.

That is the power of shills and influencers. Say that again when it has kept that position for a month. I promise you, nobody will be streaming it.

NA can't into competitive video games.

>Next big fad after fucking BR and MOBA will be a fucking game that "plays" for you
I'm genuinely wondering, are those fads engineered to make the players as braindead and unimaginative as possible?

Attached: 1555259269660.gif (245x246, 1.97M)

Also Apex Legends

How will be this game gonna get monetized anyway, hats?

Different cosmetics for heroes and effects probably just like in Dota 2. Possibly profile pictures too, but I don't see Valve doing that.

Attached: 1558654348616.png (436x432, 284K)

>2 bh on opening
>lock

I hope my cosmetics for heroes in Dota 2 carry over to this
It only makes sense that what my Drow is wearing in Dota 2 is what she's wearing here too

The silhouettes are definitely placeholders

This game would be improved tenfold without assassins.
They're literally only there to highroll wins you shouldn't get.

git gud

Attached: roughpicturebook01_sample[1].jpg (400x565, 83K)

you can highroll with anything

Yeah, they definitely are. I just imagine that they're trying to find a way to connect the mobile phone audience to the game and have custom avatars for them too without them needing to have a Steam account necessarily, as that would lessen the chances of people playing the game. All people who have smartphones don't have Steam accounts, ya know?
But on the other hand, I slightly fear that it'll be a "play for this long to earn portraits" kinda deal. But Valve has never done that with any multiplayer games they've had. So it would be out of the norm for them.

Attached: 1519253463182.png (230x230, 62K)

So is there like a community meta yet? Or generalized terms for things?

I keep dying to bots. Whats the strat to this game

Sorta not really. A lot of stuff is viable. A lot of terms from poker and other card games. Strangely not many mahjong terms though.

Never reroll if you aren't level 10.

The silhouettes are underlords.
You pick an underlord, depending on the underlord, you gain an effect, sort of a "commander"
These things will start getting rolled out next week and the week after with stuff like the battle pass.

Attached: wMNzp2g.png (644x467, 594K)

Don't waste gold rerolling, make the strongest board you can each round with what you have. Be mindful of leveling up when you're within 1-2 gold of getting another interest point especially at 10, 20, and 30 gold. It's probably worth it to get the interest and then level next round.

>someone has a 3 star unit on round 12
game is a fucking joke

>he now has 3 3 star units on round 14
GAME IS ACTUALLY A FUCKING JOKE

>things that didn‘t happen

>Underlords
>Underlord isn't in the game

Attached: 1542710408281.png (1282x876, 1.07M)

is this game worth playing now
any sort of progression

I just played a game of dota underlords the game that is mobile game of the year released by valve on all platforms for free on the toilet while shitposting on /vg/
good day

it has ranked already

Why would i make it up? He rerolled all his gold and lucked out getting all the goblins early.

Ranked is up.
Battle pass soon

Lots of little things to learn and get better

>simply because it's league
Not exactly, it's only accessible on the beta testing client which you need to qualify for, sign up for and download, and it takes about 4 hours to log in because of the sheer mass of people trying to get in. Once it hits full release you'll be right about that though.

>install game
>see the mobile UI menu
>uninstall game
I'll wait for TFT

artifact is lying about its own numbers with the 10 people playing it?
WOAH, the game must actually have billions of players but we just can't see

ive never played any moba and im not really familiar with autochess in general but im pretty good at strategy games it seems like this valve one is the best
like visually i can actually tell the units apart and everything is pretty clearly communicated through like highlights and color coordination and shit
although lategame balance seems like its just "stack aoe magic/stun guys, frontline everything because they build ult from tanking damage and watch them nuke the entire board", theres like no strategy and unit positioning matters way less than just rng and ai targeting

the league one is an absolute mess in comparison, character portraits are difficult to tell apart because they all have fucking identical composition and uniform lighting, the icons arent color coded or drawn with scaling in mind so everything has to be busy and text labeled
also the balance seems completely clownshoes, like item stacking is stronger than any character synergy but the rate at which you receive items is completely random and you can actually get ZERO items from the ai waves which is hilarious

Attached: ihaveautismo.jpg (804x537, 74K)

Not even this guy but this literally just happened
This nigger got extremely lucky

Attached: jSHg0ts.jpg (1360x768, 217K)

dude this game is fucking free
for anyone
on any device

valve trying to win back the hearts and souls

And it's working
steamcharts.com/app/1046930

This isn't counting mobile

1200 of Riot's employees are women paid to sit around, call people toxic and file workplace harassment lawsuits.

This happened way less often in DAC, Underlords has something weird going on cuz i see dumb shit like this in every game.

that doesnt seem like all luck it seems like both nobody went goblins other than him and he actually stayed low level to reroll the low cost units while everyone else saved and leveled

that is how it works right, the rarity of units is based on level and not rounds

>china hours

Attached: 1557052756495.png (710x577, 45K)

Are you even factoring in hitting 9 of each of those units out of each individual pool? The odds are low as fuck.

I was going for mechs too
Some other dude too until he saw the first x3 and just gave up on life

There was a vlog of some dude that visited riot games and reported that 99% of the staff literally roll their thumbs 10 hours a day.

that's fucking euromillions level of lucky

Attached: 1355739283325.jpg (1100x1380, 240K)

Ended up between me and him but he had like 70 health over me as he was at 100 health for like 30 rounds
Lost to my doom muting the wrong target

Lucky ass nigger

Attached: 1551216205156.jpg (1085x1217, 186K)

underlords keeps climbing bringing in new players to stomp but they're too bad so im winning with scrappies and getting rank ups because they just added that please someone help me bros i dont wanna smurf in another game

Not him but hiring mod teams and giving a serious budget to their concepts is a really good thing that more companies should do (instead of taking the lazy way out and doing paid mods)

Ripping off mods and making your own clones is a pretty big low and reeks of desperation and greed.

over 100k and rising damn

They tried to get the team behind DAC but they refused

Yeah man I need my grind wheel to run on.

Yeah and when they told them to stick their shit deal up their ass Valve decided to rip off their mod.

try using more skill next time

>Yeah and when they told them to stick their shit deal up their ass Valve decided to rip off their mod.
At least according to valve the deal they struck was for both of them to make one and to "support each other"

I already read what Valve said, drone. Don't bother defending their ripping off a mod.

Illiterate retard

Sorry don't you have more public releases to copy paste?

>mod literally made inside their game
tell me why they aren't allowed to rip it off

Games are way too long when you already know the fucking outcome.

This
A match should be 15 minutes max

>literally one unit away from a 3 star
>game doesn't give it to me
>15 rounds pass
>still don't get it with active rerolling
>lose
okay

thanks bros

I don't give a shit about the legality of it (and yeah no shit it's legal), I'm talking about how it's pathetic, and creatively bankrupt.

I don't know why it would be. Played it for hours yesterday because it was so addictive. Looks like a fun game, not sure if it's competitive or fair though

i'm not here defending valve but they have done this since forever. Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Portal and L4D all came from mods or other small projects that they bought up

Valve has always done that. The whole MOBA genre was born out of a mod. How underage are you?

See . Does the distinction between "giving a budget to a modding team" (which was the case for Portal, L4D, and AFAIK for CS and TF as well) and "ripping off a modding team's mod or even their upcoming game" need to be explained?

>The whole MOBA genre was born out of a mod.
This has nothing to do with anything I said, you dumb fuck. Learn to read.

So it's "whoever gets clock into timbersaw first two rounds wins" again?

literally what can you do against people that just get early level 2 axe and are fucking unkillable

I got 3rd and 2nd when I played scrappy so not really

get an assassin and hope they can deal with your opponent's damage dealers before they take out your tanks, then you can gang up on him.

though if it's early in the game, it might not really matter if you lose of not, since axe doesn't scale very well.

mages BTFO warriors. There are probably some other counters as well but I haven't played a lot yet. Also losing early game doesn't matter anyway if you just save your money for that juicy kike interest

No cute and funny pugna no play.

Attached: ppmauipo.png (1280x1509, 465K)

>round 15
>literally no 2 stars

dont fret too much, comback is easy
you can even chain loses streak for gold, save up, get good synergies and counter
played a game where i was at 25 hp after 15 round, yet still climb back to 2nd place

Just you wait.

Also, i predict 4 Underlord's updates for each DAC\TFT update ratio

Attached: chrome_2019-06-21_11-08-44.png (369x702, 235K)

It has everything to do with what you said. Valve has been getting mod teams to work on games for them for years. There's nothing uncreative about that. It's thanks to this that we have some of the best games out there.

>round 18
>lvl 6
>28g
dude spent all his money on rerolling, I did that too once in the mod with mechs. Can werk pretty well, but then you still need to levelup and get that tinker

just buy out the shop. units sell for their original price, so if you don't need it, you can just sell them the next round. You can even buy out units after the battle starts and keep whatever interest you originally had.

It's make matching a lot easier.

wait, you keep the interest after the battle start ie you have 10 coin, you buy a unit, and still have the +1 coin next round?

I fucking love Valve designs. If they get Slacks to do some official Dota lore then I'd cum many buckets.

How do I git gud with this game?

it's luck

Yes

So basically I pray RNG won't fuck my ass?

Fuck, com stomps my shit when it gets to round 20+. I want to play with real people, but damn it seems my luck really sucks dick when chinknames appear.

Learn about common builds, positioning, eco breakpoints
then get lucky

One thing I don't know is if random heroes are shared with other players - like if someone is collecting Axes, does that mean I am less likely to get Axes?

I survive way past round 20 vs medium bots. And I don't even do any synergies, I save gold until I have 50 and then keep rolling for heroes I can combine.

>One thing I don't know is if random heroes are shared with other players - like if someone is collecting Axes, does that mean I am less likely to get Axes?
Yes
If the pool sizes are the same as in DAC then it's 45/30/25/15/10

>never reroll before lvl7/when absolutely needed
>dont worry too much about losing earlier. save up, get the loss chain and interest gold, and fight back
>learn the units and their synergies. you can just try doing the simplest ones (brawny + warrior + savage or the meme Druid + assassin + savage rush) and consistently get to top 3

45 axes shared among all players, 30 of each of heores that cost two coins, etc?
What is DAC?

Also if you win the interest counts that +1 victory coin.
So if you have 9, win match
+1 victory bonus
+5
+1 interest from 10

Nvm DAC is dota auto chess I'm retarded.

yes, pieces also go back into the pool when sold or the player dies
dota auto chess, the mod

Learn the game mechanics. Learn to plan ahead. Save gold, save levels, abuse every system in place.

After that? Pray you get lucky. Kinda like poker.

So you can basically keep some of heroes you don't plan on using to cockblock the #1 player. I like this.

>okay let's put my ranged units at the back then, tanky/melee at front
>niggers just rush out for clash, forgets there's a backline and said ranged units gets raped by teleporting/jumping shits
>melee gets wiped out due to no support

How random the unit cast a spell?
I'm sure puck is a dragon and it say she start with full mana.

Attached: 1545150470870.png (292x302, 113K)

Yes
Can be useful for techies for example

only if you have 3 dragons

>core leveling stages
>4-8
level to 5 for 5 gold, where you do it depends on whether you want units
>9
level to 6 for 5 gold, i usually make sure im at 10 gold on round 8 so the income tick can level me while staying at 10g
>17
level to 7 for 10 gold which is 1 tick of income at the 50g cap, keeping you at 50g for max income
>21
most people level to 8 here, i usually start pre-leveling at 18 or 19 while staying above 50 unless im having a bad game
>26-30
level to 9 somewhere in here, whatever works best

This is just a general guide to income that serves me well 90% of the time. If you're having a good game and win streaking early then you'd want to level sooner to try to keep the streak going usually.

If you're having a terrible game and hitting no units then going under 40% by round ~15 then you need to roll more aggressively and sacrifice some income.

The rest is just figuring out what comps are best and making the best of what you get offered, then deciding on a build by id say round 15 at the latest. I usually have my build in mind by round 10 though.

everytime a unit deal/take dmg, they gain mana. they cast once full
dragon synergy require 3 (iirc) unique drags on the board to start with full mana. esp bonker if you have DK

remember apex legends?

It's for assassins

good thing her fellow hunters also have massive range and barely move

Imagine listening the the VaIvedrones trying to shill a literal mobile game for the PC.

Attached: Dota Underdead.png (372x316, 180K)

> make a thread shitting on the game
> people proceed to actually talk about the game in your thread
> ahhh ahhhhhhhhhhh shills imagine listening to shills valve

>knock off of a chink mod made by a chink for chinks is popular with chinks

you don't say

Imagine living in the cultural cuckdom of Europe

underlords confirmed game for insects, if you play it you turn into a chink.

It's not very creative, but not pathetic either. The genre seems to be gaining popularity, literally nothing wrong with valve offering a game in that genre to public.

ching chong ching ching... oh no!

>Ask friend what it is
>"It's a dota version of auto-chess"

What the fuck is auto-chess?

RTS without the inputs.

>Dota's characters are actually good
They're so utterly uninspired, they all have the same fucking names, half of them are glowing, the other half where a helmet and have a shadow for a face. By far the least interesting set of characters in any game, the only reason you like them at all is because you've sunk hundreds of hours into the game.

It has nothing to do with rts

A misleading name of a custom game for dota 2. You buy heroes, place them on a chess board, and then they fight against heroes of other players, in rounds.

So like mafia wars or something? Why does it have "chess" in the name?

TFT is the most soulless shit I've ever seen, how can people even enjoy this shit

it‘s the evolution of cards games and the next gaming trend of the upcoming months/years. you better get used to it

The lol version actually looks like the more interesting one since you build items and there are breaks where everyone gets to pick out of a pool of characters that come with an item attached with the lowest health players getting first dibs. Underlords was clearly built as a mobile game first.

Get out of here Gaben

8x8 board, putting pieces of on the board.

Rubber banding mechanics are fucking dumb

I've played 1 game of autochess, not underlords, on the android version and it's not really my type of game but the LoL one just looks so shit and even more of a cash grab than valve's version

I still dont know what any of this is, was this auto chess thing so popular that it warranted its own games? I thought it was something like a shitty HoMM combat or something

>DoA

122k players and counting baby

Chinese people no speak English good hence the name auto chess

Are those traits you listed supposed to distance tft from being a mobile game?

But a fucking mobile game rushed in a few days has more soul, right?

It has nothing to do with chess either and more akin to an rts.

RTS
>Farm resources
>Use resources to make tech and units
>Build units and form a team to fight another team
>Each individual unit has different skills that you use with personal inputs
Auto "Chess"
>Farm gold
>Use gold to buy units
>Build a team to fight another team of units
>Each unit has idividual skill that are used at random thus "Auto"

The only thing AT ALL it has in common with chess is it's units are called pieces and it is on a grid.

>a f2p that just got released has some players
give it a week and not even 10% of those will be playing the game.

>match 3 same units
>put your tanks in front
>position units in corner
>wait and save gold to level
WOOOOOW DUDE SO HARD

What do you think Riot's one is?

That's it. I didn't play it when it was in Dota arcade and i won't play it now. I just didn't find it that Fun. Like I'd rather just Dota. But this is why they built the arcade they wanted people to make games for people and that's fine and fun

Dead game, it can't compete in popularity neither with TFT on PC or autochess on mobile. Why bother?

an actual PC game and not a crappy mobile game ported to PC

yes if you abstract everything but base ideas away things sound similar good job

Didn't underlords not even launch with a pc interface and they had to slap one together because people complained about it being a mobile game?

Wonder how much time, money and staff was poured into Source2 so it could become the ultimate dota engine

>match starts
>every hero has 1 ability
>every hero can equip 1 item
>they just run at eachother and autoattack
>when the mana fills up they use that one ability
>you have zero control over them they just attack the first thing they meet with few exceptions
>rinse and repeat for about 30 minutes
>match ends
Am I missing something? This shit is incredibly boring and bland, there are hundreds of much better and deeper turn based tactical games out there. I played 1 match and I was bored to death by the second set of loot rounds. There's a tonne of similar games (build a formation and have it fight) in WC3 or SC2 custom games that are much more fun than this shit.

Attached: 1535050858506.jpg (233x246, 17K)

And if you don't abstract it it still has very similar ideas and mechanics.
You know why? It is based off a RTS.
WC3 defense>pokemon defence> autochess

Which is not even a third of how many people there are in the QUEUE for Teamfight Tactics, which in fact is still locked behind a pbe client accessible only to current league players and streamers. Imagine how many players there will be when it launches officially. Good luck valve, at least the game has a single player mode so dota autists can still play after it dies.

Yes, the game is literally a super rushed mobile game and only VaIvedrones would willingly eat that up.

>Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing all the interactivity that actually occurs in buying, selling and placing dudes, managing interest, rerolling, and planning when to level up, etc.
If it was all non-interactive, the winner would be very random. I am sure I can reliably place above you, thus there must be some element of skill more than you think.

Don't (You) me.

I'll (you) you for replying to obvious b8

Its Schrödinger's bait.
If nobody responds to it and corrects it, its a legitimate argument that all the shills are ignoring.
If someone responds to it and corrects it, its a le ebin trowle, haha get baited newfag.

Why are people talking about The Frozen Throne?

Attached: 1559425416073.png (500x500, 135K)

TFT is not The Frozen Throne in zoomer language.

>VaIveshills STILL shilling this mobile game here
Yeah it really helped with Artifact, but this time for sure you can fool people into playing your shitty game.

Attached: __hecatia_lapislazuli_touhou_drawn_by_uranaishi_miraura__14fc219f02570875cfe6f85584f76d83.jpg (1400x1977, 969K)

>the interactivity that actually occurs in buying, selling and placing dudes, managing interest, rerolling, and planning when to level up, etc.
Amazing engaging gameplay right there, definitely not something you have to do in just about every fucking game in some capacity. Truly makes this mobiletrash fun and engaging.
>I am sure I can reliably place above you
Probably but since you seem to enjoy this trash you definitely place below me in the evolutionary ladder, insect chink.

Its not an rts, its not a card game.
It's a drafting game with some minor tactical positioning and even more minor economy management.
Its like drafting in a card game, but someone else plays the deck for you. And sometimes they fuck up bigly.

I feel like this could be fun if the balance was better. The amount of viable builds right now feels pretty restrictive. Savage is fucking OP

Savage is garbage. If anything is OP it's hunter or Mages

Compelling non-arguments.
I accept your surrender.

And yet it's outrageously popular for god knows why.
I hated Auto Chess when it was still a dota mod and fucking hell I hate it now.

it definitely does

Whatever you say, Chang, I'm sure it's an amazing game just like Artifact.

Attached: 1538519259681.jpg (627x567, 89K)

subscribed

Isn't it school time in Sweden right now?

It was dead the moment valve has to work (put money to hired third worlders) since the original creator didn't accept working for (expired) food tickets.

Wait... you sound familiar. Is that you "40k is actually a good number for a card game"?

get a better phone

Not the same guy, but 40k is good for anything.
A fucking MMORPG can live well on 40k.

Stop being one of those OMG ITS NOT LITERALLY THE MOST PLAYED THING THUS ITS DEAD DEAD DEAD retards.

>dota version is the hyper casualized version built for mobile
>lol version is the more complex one

Shit is weird

Attached: lol items.jpg (1910x963, 410K)

give it a couple days

and 3 star units look the same visually to 1 star units

Of course, how else will Valve sell cosmetics?

They'll change the look of the upgrades during beta. Theyll sell backgrounds and banners and other shit as cosmetics

Auto chess meme will be forgotten in a year.

Post proof riotcuck

WTF i love mobiles games now

Thanks based Gabe and Valve for opening up my eyes

>TFT is not even open beta yet
>already has 10x more players than DOoa Shitlords

is Valve gonna pull another Artifact?

>2 and 3 star units look the same visually to 1 star units
this isn't true.at all, they all get larger and several have different models for each level. I presume this is intended for all of them eventually. the rest of what you say is spot on, the UI is very lacking in info for the player

>It's up to 145k players already
We got too cocky Riotbros. I thought having the most Twitch zoomers watching meant we won! Wasn't that they case when Apex Legends destroyed Fortnite forever?

just looking at that UI makes me fucking puke

Valvecucks will literally eat any shit that Gabe gives them

This but Unironically

Nice proof retard.

i know LoL has one but didnt EPIC make one as well? is it dead too?

The lol game had 390k people waiting in the queue and you can't even play it yet unless you are actively playing lol or a streamer

OH NONONONO

Attached: 40d32e59e5b60dfa2d8491496143c9bf.jpg (1297x713, 621K)

>Twitch zoomers love watching whatever flavour of the week game their favourite variety streamer is playing.
Clearly you don't remember Apex Legends

nice cope

Sounds like most 3D phone games then

>tfw playing TFT, DAC and Underlords all at the same time
Eat shit

The epic one is being made by the devs that made the actual mod and they have already released it in mobile. But they are too late to the party now on pc for it to ever succeed unless they literally turn it into fortnite.

aesthetics will be most important for a game that is just staring at characters doing stuff so lol will probably win since it has the highest quality waifus.

its a problem when gacha mobage has more actual gameplay and strategy, and less reliance on pure RNG, than your game. valve are fucking ded man.

150k playing

Chink gambling den game is here to stay. May as well get on board.

it's actually fun

menwhile TFT que is almost 400k and its not even in open beta yet

I dont know why riots even trying.. Not even 8x the viewership that BASED underlords has. They're finsihed. We won, valve bros!

Attached: viewership.jpg (358x293, 44K)

Nice try. You remember what happened the week after that, right?
>15k is actually a good number for a card game!
And the next one:
>9k is actually a good number for a card game.
And the next one... Oh right, you stopped posting after that. I'm glad you are ok since I kinda feel bad about you. Good luck with the new game.

It could be great, but there's so many minor problems with it. You can tell they've rushed the everloving fuck out of it.

I wish fights were actually against the other player, and you could interact with each other during the round. Would give some meaning to potential cosmetics, and would make the game feel less lonely all the time.

Having watched both Underlords and TFT, both games will be played a lot because both Valve and Riot fanboys are equally retarded. I think Underlords will at least pick up a sizeable AC audience because it's not as infuriating as TFT with it's stupid as fuck roulette and has more distinguishable units.

>unga bunga valve smart
>valve people no spend money
>we no fall for grab cash
>ooga booga no cock gobble
>wipes cum off lips
k

>You can tell they've rushed the everloving fuck out of it.
They know they can't compete with Epic in terms of money, skill, and man hours (say what you want about Fortnite but that thing is basically updated weekly if not daily). They also know they can't compete in the last two with Riot. Valve has been doing nothing but selling hats for so long that anyone with a passion for making games (and usually therefore the skill) has by this point left. You can tell this easily by games like Artifact.

Trying to compete with Epic and Riot to the hot new thing in the state Valve is is fucking retarded. 2019 Valve is not the one that gave us Half Life and L4D, they might as well be a completely different company at this point..

Attached: 1548954969629.jpg (234x250, 10K)

Tru I was chatting with someone while they were playing it and they immediately half way through a sentence started using moonrunes. Fucking bugmen.

>TFT is launching with a twitch prime bonus

Valve is fucked

Valve hasn't been a game company for almost two decades. They're a service.

>he is going all in
For all I know you are that guy, and you are masturbating to the abuse. Seek help, Artifact-kun.

twitch is giving streamers money for "bounties" when they play certain game. Riot and twitch have a partnership and streamers can make lot of money from it, thats why they play teamfight tactics

Underlords currently needs a LOT more meaningful decision making to have staying power.

Not sure what they can add, but I can see TFT currently turning out to have the higher skill cap.

People can also ONLY watch. You need a ptr account and even then the wait line is like 10 hours deep.
Anyone can just go in and play underlords.

>more meaningful decision making to have staying power.
Underlords currently has passive buffs for different tribes which is a lot more interesting and has more play potential than 90% of TFT, spatula and its derivatives being the only thing coming close and those are just giving an extra tag to a unit or making the unit free.

All the cope in this thread from the Underlords/Autochess manlets.

Attached: 1550467289440.jpg (120x120, 4K)

get beefy/warrior and then druid/savage (temporarily skipping ahead and then saving them, if necessary). save like a kike until you've got 50 (cap for interest), then spend down to 49-51. Queen of Pain is the best solo demon. having two of the same unit is only technically suboptimal, don't worry about it until relatively late in the game.

recognize the game for what it is; a battle royale card game. actually taking the #1 spot is as much luck as skill, but reliably getting to the top three is very achievable with just a little bit of good sense.

meanwhile it could be something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=eTL7Cyz9nb4

This thread isn't about artifact

Underlords is really only missing voices and a map that isn't so dark and moody, and both have already been confirmed to exist already.

99% of DotA's charm lies in the voices, right now it's way too quiet.

Pokemon GO has more gameplay than Underlords.

why are epic's chink bots promoting riot's game
its weird

Its too simple, too slow, lacks content and matches take at lest 3x too long.
Its like a bad card game where every move takes few times more than usual and then you have to wait for your cards to end those shitty animations before you can make another move.

Isn't Riot owned by Tencent? Odd that companies under the same umbrella would develop games in direct competition with one another.

That and Riot has a partnership with Twitch.

>Auto chess was popular in China
>DU is popular in China
Really makes you think

Can't help but wonder what the mobile numbers are actually like since it apparently topped the chart above PUBG

>Gayben pandering to investors and the chink market
>No original games or IPs down the line, just piad mod """""games"""""""" based on free mods

Why do people defend this garbage company?

the only way to unequip items from tft is to sell the unit

The pool is same for everyone, you need to check if other players going for similair pieces and change focus or wait for them to sell it.

It counts mobile

>its fine when gaben does it

Who named these fucking things?

>it counts mobile
>phone version doesn't require a steam login

Because they are so desperate for an identity that they find one in a software distributor.

I don't think anyone has for a long time.

>try to connect to LoL PBE with an old account
>"pbe account disabled"

Attached: 1542740548932.png (367x321, 125K)

if you had it on max graphics youre just dumb

leave and don't come back

Has crossplay though. Theres some in there.

People get defensive over a $400 purchase of a console, how do you think they act over their accounts with $3000 worth of licenses tied to them?

up to 176k players now. i hate valve with a passion but gotta admit game's fun and will probably be a success.