In 2015, people born in 98-99 were widely hated on Yea Forums for being "fake 90s kids"...

>In 2015, people born in 98-99 were widely hated on Yea Forums for being "fake 90s kids", and were firmly considered new school

>But now in 2019, people born in 98-99 are widely beloved on Yea Forums and calling themselves "boomers", or claiming MW2 and Halo 3 are "peak boomercore"

What happened?

Attached: 1560661040678.png (2830x1247, 1.28M)

98 fag here and 100% positive i have better taste than 90% of Yea Forums-users

Attached: atoast.png (1385x1040, 517K)

Do you like pussy?

I was born in 94 so I can't really claim a lot of 90s as my childhood because I was so little. I remember 9/11 though

>What happened?
The passage of time

the generational mentalities of today are entirely based on technology exposure, the only meaningful cultural difference is being able to remember the world pre 9/11 and in another 10 years pre recession

99 fag here who gives a fuck

It's all about relative perspectives. Back then, people born in 99 were the young ones and they were worse than previous gens. Now we've gone a step forward and the true worst ones are the newest kids, so retroactively the previous group is favored. This just goes to show how much worse the gaming industry gets every single decade. Somehow getting worse than the xbro 360 era is baffling but we've found a way.

I'm 95 and no one cares
who even talks about the mid 90s
nobody, that's who

Game design does not age.
People born in the late nineties were shitting up my threads with CAWADOODY and HAWWO, when they should have been asking us what made games good.
Surprisingly enough, a lot of anons who self-identify as mid-nineties kids (94-96) have shown excellent taste in older games, and understand why pre-90's lads have the opinions that they do.

Attached: 45401924.jpg (248x322, 65K)

I was born in '89 and I remember getting shat on online for not growing up with 80s cartoons, but I've watched 80s cartoons are they're complete shit. Like 'you'd have to be a complete retard to enjoy this awful toy commercial' tier. Nostalgia dictates opinions too much. I don't shit on zoomers because of that. They probably feel the same way about my 90s shit..

Attached: Sats.jpg (368x356, 13K)

>was 11 when 9/11 happened
>spent all day being frustrated that there was nothing on tv and playing spyro the dragon instead of watching history
Kids are dumb.

People from the mid 90s have gotten a significant amount of exposure to both worlds, including myself ('94). I started with an SNES, but due to computers advancing I grew up playing a shit ton of emulators just because it gave me tons of games for free and since I had exposure to an SNES prior to getting a PS1, 2D didn't bother me at all. However, come middle school I still had a 360 and I played CoD and Halo. As an adult I've come way back around to mostly playing older titles, and exploring titles from the early to mid 2000s more since I can emulate them now or at least hack 6th and 7th gen consoles. and I'd say I have a very well rounded interest in vidya. I don't see the newer gen getting this exposure. I still existed at one point with no internet, and then with dial up, and finally DSL. I existed without Wifi, and without smart devices. I had a reason to seek out older shit. Now with the advancement of the internet, and the F2P trends, I have no idea what would inspire a kid now to go backwards. To even bother understanding how game design has gone down hill.

Time.

Time is a cruel mistress.

‘99 gang says fuck you

83 here. Pol invaded and brought a bunch of dumbfuck teenagers in to shit the place up.

00'fag here, I have better tastes than all of you.

Who the fuck calls MW2 and Halo 3 "boomercore"? Literally nobody.

Yeah seems like an endless cycle, lol.

I remember back in 2002, older millennials were bashing shows like Rocket power, Pokemon, Spongebob, etc. as being the downfall into shit era, and missed Power rangers, Xmen, Pete and pete, etc.

But then years later younger millennials took over the internet and shows like Rocket power, Pokemon, and Spongebob became beloved "classics".

Oh, you mean when you were 8? I highly doubt you actually read what people older than you thought.

Remembering 9/11 is the cutoff. 98cels will disagree.

Cutoff for what?

For being a zoomer. There is no in-between.

So people born in 1997 aren't Zoomers?
Awesome.

I did actually. I remember reading the jumptheshark.com website because it was funny, and people there were going "Man the new nick shows like Rocket power and Spongebob SUCK".

Rocket Power was and still is considered dogshit, but I'm pretty sure Spongebob was beloved back then as well.

>new games bad older games good

It definitely had fans, but I do remember there also being haters of it even back during the pre-movie episodes. They were saying it was a squeaky-clean politically-correct version of Ren and stimpy or Rocko, or that Nick overplayed it too much (little did they know that would only got worse).

Every generation is getting worse, so the older ones join forces to shit on the newer ones
Fuck zoomers

97 is debatable, but 98-99 seems pretty firmly early zoomer

literally down to age range. Average poster is 16 to 23. Guess when those people were born? Why do you think 3rd and 4th gen games are no longer talked about here, while 5th and 6th gen are lauded as "golden age" or "most soulful"? If you're im your 30s and still here, you're in the minority.
I just want to be free

Who was calling it a "squeaky-clean politically-correct" version of R&S and Rocko?
It wasn't as overtly subversive, but it had its own shocking moments.
I still maintain Spongebob telling Gary not to drop the soap is the most adult joke any kid's show has ever made.

I didn't know anyone who hated SpongeBob back then. It got quoted a lot back then and it still gets quoted now, even by people in their late 30s (my bosses).

>Older generation doesn't like younger generation
>Younger generation gets older doesn't like the new younger one
it's really not hard to understand
Just wait until everyone posting on Yea Forums is 70 years old

Attached: 1560309384115.jpg (790x1054, 131K)

At least you're willing to follow your own rules.
I personally believe people born in the late 90s are harder to classify, because there's more diversity in the group.
Some people born in the late 90s are Zoomers, but those born in the late 90s who had older siblings or were taught good taste can be boomers.
I really think the official Zoomer cutoff should still be 2000, seeing as how it marks a shift in the "ballpark". I don't think you can say the average person born in '98 is similar to the average person born in '03.

There is absolutely nobody on this shithole of a board that's "beloved".

Attached: 1473084650085.gif (436x359, 3.14M)

>Millennials are boomers

this
including OP you fucking faggot

16-23 year olds were too young to consciously remember the 5th gen poser zoomer

>same shit from the last thread
>three fucking posts
>genuinely thinking '98 & '99 fags are "beloved"
obsessed
it really doesn't matter in the end OP

What is the "5th gen poser zoomer"?
There's the 5th generation of gaming, and then there's poser Zoomers, which are probably Zoomers who are also posers, but a 5th gen poser Zoomer? That's a new one.

This wouldn't even be possible without that 1980-90 boomer crowd that actually post good content.

i'm a '99fag and i grew up with mostly '90s and early 2000s cartoons which i still love, a lot of them were genuinely very good, much better than most of the 2010s shit

Omg he can vote

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png (1354x784, 869K)

nice reddit meme

I was born in 83 and think halo is good. I was having sex in 96 though so im not like the old school incels.

Sure

This place goes further downhill the longer we stay. The real problem isn't that we're surrounded by children, it's that they are all newfags and the gatekeeping is gone. Yea Forumshas been Yea Forums 2.0 for years and it gets worse with every passing year.

>wah time changes as time passes, what happened?

Neck yourself

Dunno how guys can claim games from the year they were born or earlier. I even have brothers 8 years older than me but I dont hace strong memories of games til I was like 7.

I grew up playing tons of games that came out before I was born.
As long as you have good taste, it doesn't matter when you were born. Words to live by.

It's not that, it's for some reason, at least an American phenomenon, a strong disdain for the younger generations. Also the scepticism of age with anonymous posting.

nigger I'm 23 and went through primary school on 2nd and 3rd generation
never had a Gameboy because poorfag but still

91fag here and yeah well i'm the 10% motherfucker!

Attached: 2018-05-25-140805.jpg (960x544, 53K)

Once upon a time PSX and N64 babies were considered "zoomer trash." Time moves forward, get over it

>Primary school
Well you're in europe which is far behind the times

What the fuck are you talking about, retard? There has always been a "kids these days" thing for as long as I can remember. It's certainly not a new phenomenon.

You werent 7 years old looking out for vintage gems. You may have had a previous gen console or hand me down but be real. Kids get into retro shit in their teens. I know there are 30+ year olds forcing their old games and media on their kids now though. That makes me cringe.

you are my hero. i was mad as fuck DBZ wasnt on morning tv for like 3 days

But they weren't called zoomers

If you're getting caught up over the meme lingo of the zeitgeist instead of the actual sentiment maybe you're zoomer trash too.

You missed out on all the good stuff!

the old fags left and the new fags took the shoes

What about mike stoklasa

>>But now in 2019, people born in 98-99 are widely beloved on Yea Forums
Fucking lol. The largest and best demographic of gamers are 25 to 35 year olds. Anything else is subhuman

Attached: 1489709936722.gif (175x131, 1019K)

That's the largest demographic on other sites. Yea Forums tends to skew younger.

Nope

>Remembering 9/11 is the cutoff
False. You need to remember the world as it was before 9/11. People born in 1995 wouldn't even be able to understand 9/11 and its impacts to the world. Fuck those zoomer chodes.

If you don't remember the fall of the Berlin Wall, you're a Zoomer.

Jay has much better taste.

No kids outside of America really gave enough of a shit to remember 9/11. It was nothing more than "Huh. Planes crashed into buildings in America"

You mean you're a millennial

>Born 1992
>Started going on Yea Forums around the early 2010s, when I was still below the age of 20 myself
>Most people on Yea Forums are now younger than I am

You have great taste in anime that’s for sure.

Millenials/zoomers/boomers/gen x are primarily american concepts ok?

I definitely don't mind being born mid-90s since my childhood was around the time that all the major kids' channels had secondary ones with older and weirder stuff on them. I also had my dad's old consoles that I played when I was 4 or 5 up until I got my own consoles/handheld during 6th gen.

I legitimately might be able to trace most of my taste in music back to the first game I ever played being pic related.

Attached: 220px-Castlevania_2_cover.png (220x300, 109K)

>But now in 2019, people born in 98-99 are widely beloved on Yea Forums
>What happened?
Aside from you making up complete and utter bullshit?

Nobody gives a fuck about you either. I love how entitled fucks like you are when you're posting on an american website. I swear the world would be a better place if all the shitskins just dropped dead

youve lost the timing. we've entered a digital amnesia phase of the internet. its why everything you read/watch today is +/- 10 years. sometimes reposts

this jay is based and hates women

Attached: jay.jpg (610x605, 137K)

>tfw barely missed the 89 cutoff, get blamed for millennial shit, get blamed by millenials for gen x shit, and now zoomer faggots claiming this site is their's
Just Fucking kill me already.

Attached: lol.png (416x299, 45K)

The gen x cutoff was 80-81, not 89. Even people born in like 85 are considered early millennials, because they were 14 when Britney spears and Backstreet boys were popular.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A ZOOMBER

What is actuality and what is perceived can be 2 very different things user.

Uhh... We call ourselves "zoombers?"

Attached: 1557817972117.jpg (1439x1346, 587K)

Zoom-boomer

2001 user here, who wants to know my story?

Zoomer

bump

84 here, i'm just tired. Tired of not playing video games.

Attached: Adolescence.gif (750x751, 20K)