$400+ for mid level cards

>$400+ for mid level cards

What the fuck happened.

Attached: 1561000452933.png (879x692, 239K)

>_60
>Mid-level

Mid level ends at the _50, the _60 is in the high-end performance range. And it's actually always been that way.
Having said that though, I completely agree with you, the prices are absurd.

The magic of fiat inflation.

RTX.
Should've stayed a professional card line.

because Ayymd has gone jewry. Otherwise, Nvidia would respond back to them by lowering the price of RTX cards.

>What the fuck happened
AMD fucked up yet again

>buying a video card if you currently have a 1070 or 1080

Literally no point until the 2200 series rolls out in 2-3 years unless you are playing above 1080p, and even then the difference in framerates for most 2019 games on high is negligible / straight 100 fps with a non shit cpu.

4k meme.

1440p is the sweet spot and it's cheap to hit it.

graphics is second tier for nivida and amd, it's all about compute units for data centers. You are competing for silicon with multi billion companies who needs to analyze meta data stolen trough facebook so they can label you a racist and have the police on the door

Attached: 3fe9604aa89c0f77db81f718c0b46bae.jpg (600x1133, 57K)

the crypto meme happened

>And it's actually always been that way

Attached: 1552224189944.jpg (600x449, 48K)

>xx50, xx50ti, xx60, xx60ti, xx70, xx70ti, xx80, xx80ti
>but xx60 is midrange
sure

> _60 is in the high-end performance range
imagine being this much of a retard
the x70 series are high-end, x60 is mid-range and x50 is budget

I see they are following the Dragonball naming line

*isn't

>x50 is budget
APU is budget

Really thinking about taking the 1440pill for my next upgrade. It seems like the perfect pixel density for 27 inch.
I have a 4K TV but it's not like getting a 4K display is the expensive part, it's pushing 4K to it.

You guys are fucking retards.
Nvidia themselves state as follows:

10/20/30 - Entry level
40/50 - Mid range
60/70/80 - High performance

It's been that way since they changed the naming convention.
Just because you're gamers doesn't change the facts.

APU is non-gaming tier dipshit

$200 for the card + $200 for the added gift cards and game launchers and skins for world war z

I have a 970. What do you recommend? I feel like I need to upgrade my i7 6700k first, but definitely needs an upgrade sooner or later.

Attached: gmod videos.gif (300x200, 2.44M)

Reminder AMD will btfo Nvidia with Navi and Intel with Ryzen 3 and singlehandedly save the PC market by the end of the year.

Attached: 1552568223644.jpg (284x297, 64K)

People keep posting this yet AMDs gpus have been the best this generation for price/performance...if you were lucky enough to get them for RRP

>RX470 utterly unmatched in the sub $200 market, destroys the 1050ti
Ruined by shitcoins
>V56, next gen HBM2, amazing value for RRP @ 1440p undervolting monster.
Ruined by shitcoins but by this time so was nvidia.

Attached: rare remorse.jpg (2048x1536, 327K)

When was the last time they put out a 10-40?

Doesn't matter, the naming convention has not changed. Officially the 60 range are "High performance".

Is a 2070 good enough for 1440p/144hz or should I bump up to a 2080 or 2070 super?
Or should I go AMD? Never had any experience with them.

We've all heard this nonsense before. What ends up happening is that you're stuck barely hitting 1080p 60 FPS by the end of the GPU's generation.

I bought a 670 at release for $400 back in 2012. You people are massive babies.

1060 has no problem maintaining 60fps at 1080p and that's a last gen card

I agree with you, it's dumb.
But that is the naming convention, there's no need to confuse the issue.

>all range are "High performance".

are the supers different cards? Can I NVlink a super 2080 to a regular 2080?

maybe

>by the end of gpu generation everything requires rtx otherwise your games look like quake2

These prices really arent that bad.

Many poorfags still use gtx960s and it still plays most games at 1080p just fine.

I don't see any need to upgrade, this card legit does everything I could need, including hardware NVENC. These new cards don't interest me in the slightest, if they want my money they best make a 1610/2010

Attached: 710.png (389x516, 30K)

>What ends up happening is that you're stuck barely hitting 1080p 60 FPS by the end of the GPU's generation
Complete BS.

depends on what you plan to play
for some games even a 2070 would be overkill, for others it's not enough

>tfw i7 7700k and a gtx970

>he lost his hyperthreading
lel

My Sapphire 380X is still going strong

lack of competition.

>being this poor
>Not just buying one of the old ones that will surely be reduced in price
>Implying 800 dollars is Impossible to come by

What are you complaining about?! Just buy it!

The 580 was a long time ago. Nowadays the 2080 is mid range.

>super
What's this now?

Building my first pc. I just want to play my weeb games, with the most taxing probably going to be the FFVII remake. Which graphics card is recommended? Due to the prices, I am concerned about overkill.

I bought the 1070 for $400 at launch which was which the 10 series equivalent to the 670. so wtf are you trying to say? if you said muh inflation it might make sense but you didn't

The x70 series of nvidia cards is on the same tier as the xx60 series. The 680 was $500

>what the fuck happened
buttcoin

jews and price fixing
same thing that happens every night

Attached: pinky and brain.jpg (660x480, 38K)

>What the fuck happened.
No competition

>Navi
>good
I sure am glad AMD swooped in with marginally better than Nvidia's hysterically high prices and marginally better than Nvidia's near-stagnant performance.
Totally based, PC gaming is saved!

Ryzen 3000 looks killer but Navi is a fucking flop at its prices. The RTX line's adoption rate has been so awful Nvidia commented on it during one of their quarterly reports and AMD doesn't anywhere near the mindshare or even any kind of halo product at all. The 5700s will rot on the shelves.

>My Sapphire 380X is still going strong
Blocks you're path

Attached: opengl_logo.png (440x192, 11K)

Companies think they can keep charging crypto bubble prices for cards and sadly they're pretty much right because we're a captive market.

>with the most taxing probably going to be the FFVII remake.
With the visuals that Square is aiming for, a 1080GTX. For most weeb games though you could get away with way WAY lower specs. My favorite weeb games all run at 60fps easy on my shitty 950GTX

7 Remake looks nothing special. Looks like a regular UE4 game to me.

Pc coming tomorrow, playing my 2008-2015 backlog at 60-fps will be pure sex.

What else are you going to do, buy a console to play your console port trash? They have you by the balls.

Yup this.
The market adjusted up for buttcoin, and then AMD and Nvidia found out that people ARE mostly willing to pay the high prices for videocards afterall, so after the GPU mining bubble bursted it only dropped down the pricing a bit, but never returned to MSRP. People still bought them so now it's the accepted new norm. PC gaming which use to be a relatively cheap hobby (since you can do more with your PC then just gaming) is now back to being fairly expensive again due to GPU pricing being basically doubled across the board.

I mean you can run basically any game at good enough settings with a $150 card, NVidia cards are just unreasonably strong

>1080GTX
Bullshit, the game runs on a ps4, that's the equivalent of a 750ti

Why are there no £60 graphics cards anymore

A fucking dog shit GT 1030 is £75
and then you get a huge increase in power around £125 with something like a 1650

I guess when I think of weeb games I'm thinking of Ys, Rabi Ribi and Dojin titles. You know, shit that runs on integrated graphics.
Heavily scaled down and at 20-30fps. Just like other PS4 games.

Keep in mind that next gen is coming next year so minimum requirements for new games is about to jump up even for Compile Heart JRPGs. Shouldn't be a huge problem for you but definitely don't do a low-end build; aim for something mid-tier at the bare minimum.

Not figuring out it's best to just buy cheap and OC the damned thing

Thanks for the responses. It is appreciated.

I'm planning on building a new PC when Zen2 hits (Getting the 3900x since I visualize tons of shit and can use the threads), but the pricing for GPUs is kinda nuts. I've got a shitty GTX950 right now but I just have a hard time justifying spending the kind of cash they're asking ON TOP of the already expensive CPU I'll be getting. Not really sure what to do on this one, might just hold on to my 950 and wait a bit more.

The good thing about performance at a given price point remaining largely the same is that I don't need to rush to upgrade. As long as a large enough group of people cannot afford to buy a better graphics card then games will continue to be optimized for their lower specced computers and I will continue to have good performance with my current parts.
I have no particular need to give AMD or Nvidia one red cent, but they absolutely depend on others giving them money. I'll just put my faith in everyone else being hopelessly fucking poor and wait them all out.

I hope the Zen 2 stuff turns out good but I don't see it matching or surpassing the 9900k like AMD claims.

>970

Wait it out. Or if you really need to/the 970 dies, get a 1080 on the cheap.

Not him but will a 970 cut it for 1440p?

For most AAA no, even at 1080p chugs

In single threaded? No, probably not. But if you're interest in in anything beyond gaming and a few other specific use cases, the 3900x will probably be your better bet. While I would like even more IPC+clock speed, I would better benefit from more threads personally. I'm a 4c/4t corelet right now and I'm always maxing out my shit due to VMs, background encoding, etc. Shit is really fucking annoying. After a decade of 4c/4t I'm really looking forward to 12c/24t.

GPU prices are out of control, then start some gay ass boycott like #dontupgrade and give the gpu manufacturers shit on social media.
I remember 560ti's and 6950's were $260, we need to get back to that level.

The rendering quality of this card is absolutely awesome.

Attached: quality.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>Xbone and PS4 already completely 4k capable
>PC gamers with $2000 rigs are convincing themselfs that 1440p is good enough
Lol

30~40 = Low

50~60 = Mid

70~80 = High

Check your facts straight.

Attached: 1509333916007.jpg (181x220, 12K)

I have a GT 710 too, and I can't run most of the graphic heavy games released this year. Hell, it shits itself up even with Nioh.

user, we are poor. Coping won't make your framerate go higher.

Still using my 8gb rx480 on release day.
Man I picked a good time to make my computer.
They keep arguing about this or that card being low or mid range, while I'm enjoying my games at 1080p max settings on the cheap cause what you can do at this resolution pretty much capped long ago.

I'll start caring about 1440/4k when either my computer dies or games stop supporting 1080p, and I don't see either of these happening any time soon.

Attached: suntory.png (480x269, 93K)

And just to cut off people that will inevitiably bring up
>HURR DURR, BUT TITAN EXISTS AND IS HIGH END
Those products are really more in a category of their own known as "enthusiast". Product lines where money is no object and shit can cost basically whatever. The remaining product lines and software that use the hardware do not tune to the existence of enthusiast products. This is the case for both GPUs and CPUs going all the way back to the utterly fucking retarded Pentium 4 Extreme chips.

I doubt they will stop supporting 720p any time soon.

Get a job maybe?

>Got my R9 Fury for $260 in 2016
>Still good enough for 1440p60 in most games
Feels good.

Hell, even 1060s were in that range before everything went crazy.

Nah, your 6700K is fine and will be for a while if all you do is play video games.

You don't actually remember crypto bubble prices if you think those are anywhere even close.

>using some of the first ddr4 with a ryzen cpu
>marked right on the side it's meant for intel
>half of it registers as dead (in use) but it only works if i have all 4 sticks in
>runs fine for over a year now and everything just werks

Attached: mouse.gif (300x250, 49K)

Cryptoniggers

>Mid level ends at the _50, the _60 is in the high-end performance range. And it's actually always been that way.

The number names have been lies since the 600 series.
Nvidia's high-end always has 384-bit memory width, while their mid-range has a 256-bit memory width.
Nvidia has not released a high-end graphics card for gaymen since the GTX 580.

so is a new 2070 for $480 worth it

Pascal. There's a 1030.

Yay more cards I have to constantly advise people against ordering