...So basically it's a cash grab

...So basically it's a cash grab

Attached: acute.png (621x635, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZsHVbJpZ-I
forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/06/13/sequel-the-new-zelda-game-will-use-the-same-map-as-breath-of-the-wild/#70d2c6f819ea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're going with "it was DLC but it got too big so we're selling it as a standalone game".

>Zelda 56 is going to be a cash grab?!?
Are Ninties becoming sentient? Inconceivable.

I don't understand how people are still surprised about sequels like this. If it takes place within a few years of the previous entry, no shit the maps are going to basically be the same.

The actual quote says they're "Revisiting the same world". That doesn't mean it's using the same exact map, you dipshits.

I knew it would be the instant they announced it.
When have they ever released 2 Zelda games so close to each other that weren't cash grabs?

What they need to do is put in a multiplayer dungeon builder.

Let me make trials and I'll buy that shitty game

ahem

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Majora%27s_Mask_Box_Art.jpg (220x160, 13K)

OOT + MM
oracle of seasons and ages

It began life as OoT+ to be fair.

They're basically doing the same shit that was done with the Saints Row games from 3 onward. It was the same Steeleport map in 4 and in Gat out of Hell. Its also the same thing they did with Batman Arkham Origins. They used the same map as Arkham City, they just added some snow.

Its fucking lazy.

Attached: nope.jpg (298x309, 104K)

>within a few years
How much is "few"? Are companies not supposed to make a new game in a series unless it's a reboot?

Lmao are people actually believing this shit? It takes place in the same world, the same setting; NOT the same exact overworld you dumbasses. I wouldn't be surprised if it had you revisit a couple places from the period game, but it's not as shitty as you fags keep painting it out to be. Might as well be saying that ratchet and clank up your arsenal is a shitty rehash because it takes place in the same galaxy.

I think you misunderstood. I meant if the game's setting takes place within a few years of its predecessor.

>2021
Why so fucking long for a goddamn expansion pack

Reddit shills are always wrong until they can't get their $60 back. Only then will you realize.

did it with galaxy 2 and that was one of the best mario games

ROMhack sold as a full game

ROMhack
Could have been one cart

Attached: 1560228691271.gif (480x246, 134K)

ah, why is that a cash grab? Are you complaining about the story? Because the story was basic from the get go, this isn't gonna change that

I feel like it will be a remixed Dark world version. Same geometry but every area changed

if you think the zelda franchise is just a crash grab im legit interested in hearing what isnt

Who knows. We might get another masterpiece like MM then.

Majora's mask may have been a ROMhack/expansionpack/etc. sold as a full game but it was also the best Zelda game ever made. Don't you dare reply to me.

Zelda.. bros!?!?!???

Attached: XSlSb0o.jpg (960x646, 75K)

>doesn't even come out biyearly
>wide variety of gametypes
Zelda is absolutely less of a cashgrab franchise than CoD or Pokémon.

The map was 75% open, unused space. If they went through and added more features to the map it would be fine.

How else are you supposed to do a direct sequel to an openworld game you nigger?

I assumed OP was saying BotW2 will be a shameless cashgrab because it uses the same maps, and I was pointing out that complaining about reused maps was fucking retarded.

teehee

Saint's Row 4 did this and that game was alright.

What a baby

Attached: C20D34DF-74C6-4DA6-B48D-FD2BBDD6C59B.jpg (555x328, 92K)

Galaxy 2 didn't reuse levels until the special world

So that's why botw got an official sequel. They just want to milk it for all it's worth.

Really nullifies the whole "Ode to Satori Iwata" aspect, doesn't it?

Agree

Legitimately. The word is legitimately.

You place the game in a new world/territory and have the characters from the previous game show up. MMOs do it with every expansion.

Majora's mask, oracle of Ages/Seasons are great and BOTW 2 will likely be just as great

THIS. Look how much space is left (warning: nightmare fuel if out-of-bounds disturbs you):

youtube.com/watch?v=eZsHVbJpZ-I

Attached: 1557359356333.jpg (1000x1414, 538K)

Would BotW have been made much worse if the runes were unlocked over time after defeating each divine beast instead of being front-loaded into the plateau?

Repeat after me:
>IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

doesn't matter how bland, empty and rehashed it is. it will get a 98 because of the nintendo bonus + the zelda bonus + the open world bonus, and shills won't allow any criticism of it on Yea Forums.

Stop fucking setting every Zelda game in fucking Hyrule, that's how

I'm not optimistic since BOTW was a complete and utter disappointment

Guess you like believing in clickbait sites better, well, being dumb is your choice.

All depends on how much you can change it up.

Open world was suddenly ok
Ubisoft towers were suddenly ok
Shitka shrines x200 instead of actual dungeons were ok
Now rehashing the entire game and slapping a 60 dollar price tag is ok

Explain yourselves, nincels
Why is it ok when Nintendo does it?

Zelda 2 had a map more than 100x the map of the first game :^)

And it had an absurd amount of reused assets. And it was also the best Zelda game of all time. Clearly the recipe for success is copypaste+darker. BotW2 will be the next best Zelda game of all time.

Those panties are too modern for Hyrule.

>Shitka shrines x200 instead of actual dungeons were ok
that was the biggest complaint about the game though and I doubt they'll return

Who cares about some dead gook

Botw 2 is just a collection of DLC released as an expansion pack
This is fine with me and I got bored in the first couple hours and dropped it

Never expected them to make the same map to begin with. At most the castle taking off will change some of the landscape. As long as there are real dungeons, more enemies, no weapon breaking, and more stuff to do in the landscape then it'll be fine.

Weren't they not even there in the trailer? Like all of the towers and shit were gone.

They were by far my biggest complaint about Breath of the Wild so if they can alleviate that concern I'll be a happy camper. Unless if they fuck something else up.

Goddamn you're stupid as shit.

If they're reusing the map they pretty much have to
What are they filling the map with if not 200 Shinka shrines and 90000 Korok seeds?

When are they going to make a sequel to adventure of link

>Castle taking off
what if it's the same "world" like in the quote but it takes place entirely above said world? Like it's all cloud land.

Not Shigeru, apparently

>Now rehashing the entire game and slapping a 60 dollar price tag is ok

A 1 minute and 27 seconds teaser with no launching date planned, gentlemen, and look what it's already doing to people.

Attached: 1550616199143.jpg (546x604, 61K)

Hyrule is a loss, Zelda leads the remaining Hylians to the lands north of Hyrule and starts a new Kingdom
Oh wait, The kingdom of Hyrule being a loss and everyone moving north is literally what happens in LoZ and Zelda 2.

>Ubisoft towers were suddenly ok

They weren't ubisoft towers, ubisoft towers populate your map with dozens of little unfulfilling errands to keep you busy, BotW actually demanded you explore the world and not just follow bread crumbs on your map.

They need something people can pick up and do in 20 minutes, it is meant to be portable

No they don't "pretty much have to", that assertion makes no sense and is entirely baseless.

Cope

I wish they would flesh out the hylian soldiers and the government and shit. All fans of the games are at least 15 or older just and the lore currently leaves something to be desired

>Now rehashing the entire game and slapping a 60 dollar price tag is ok
This has been okay since like 1999 considering MM is still one of the best Zelda games.
I'm not surprised all you shitposters forget about MM but then again I imagine most of you were still trapped in your fathers testicles.

>whataboutism
Classic Nintendie

They were gone, besides how would they convincingly make link redo all 120 shrines?
Pieces of heart/magic/stamina, hopefully neat mini dungeons like previous games had

>Zelda is less of a cash grab than money trees
what a game-changer.

I’m fine with them reusing the massive map they created because they can fill it up with shit and not make most of it a giant waste of time

So is it just Liberty City Stories?

So Majora's mask, the best Zelda game

A new world with the same mechanics.

They just need proper mini dungeons and neat side quests with actual rewards and it'd be fine

no one is claiming it isnt
its still a cashgrab franchise

>implying it doesn't apply
It does. Zelda is a long running franchise that is considerably less money grabby than most other long running franchises.

Unless if you want to name a long running franchise that somehow ISN'T a cash grab.

I have never once in my life complained about video games reusing assets. What's your argument now?

>started off as a DLC idea and turned into a sequel
Breath of the Wild 2 is basically Silksong
CHANGE MY MIND

They did, it's called Hyrule Warriors

Will this work with cemu?

Oh fuck wait I just realized the plot is most likely going to be the battle and shit before the whole calamity thing occurred

That instead of being an hypocritical cunt you're simply a fucking retard

after spending as good amount of time with the map I wouldn't want them to get rid of it, I just want more of it.
a fixed up hyrule with even more to explore is perfect for a sequel to the best zelda game of all time.
this would finally make botw hyrule the definitive hyrule

Someone post the far cry one. I'm going to need it with people suddenly defending this practice

>They weren't ubisoft towers
In the same way lootboxes are now 'surprise mechanics'
Nice try

This

More like GTA5 to SA

This is exactly what I was hoping for, the world in the original game was way too empty and lacked enemy variety and such things.
Them just taking it and refining it is perfect.

Thanks for funding it by buying the beta test known as BotW1

Attached: 1393132515676.gif (480x280, 408K)

I can deal with this, thank you

Watch the fucking trailer.

There's not a single thing wrong with reusing assets.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT AN EXPANSION IS YOU NEWFAG TRASH?

Betting it will take place in an alternate dimension or something like MM

>its another thread of people assuming they know everything about BOTW 2
It had one not even 2 minute trailer that showed literally no gameplay. Why the fuck is everyone acting like its already out?

"Junk" is right

I played on cemu but am I going to have to play this on an inferior 30fps slow switch

Not saying other franchises aren't worse. But Zelda is bad

Add
Day 1 season pass
hard mode as DLC

>expansion
>60 bucks

BOTW 2 started out just like Silksong, the Oracle games and Majora's Mask. Using a premade engine to create a super polished game with a short development cycle. I genuinely have high hopes for this game. Hell, I STILL enjoy BOTW, even if it was just more DLC I would be cool with it

Is there an argument somewhere in this post?

nah zelda w short hair already deconfirms this.

hopefully

MM wasn’t a different universe it was just link finding his fairy in the forest or some gay shit

You mean gta3 to San Andreas

WoW has been doing it for years user

They'll probably reuse big chunks of the map but have them be royally fucked up from Ganon bullshit or whatever. I also wouldn't be surprised if they balanced the first game's go-anywhere-anytime mentality with a more linear path through segregated areas with increasing difficulty/gear/cast of characters. The vast majority of people who will be playing this will have already hunted hundreds of koroks and sniffed out the shrines, so giving access to the whole map AGAIN sounds boring as fuck.

Attached: 1414165590808.jpg (500x500, 67K)

It is when the asset being reused is the entire fucking world.

>hard mode as DLC
That really happened?
Was it for free at least?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

>Reusing assets but making an entirely new map is the same as reusing assets and the same map

Except Majora's Mask had a completely new overworld.

Are they going to make changes tho? bigger towns? a restored hyrule castle? Turning the settlements into more towns?

And Wind Waker.

It wasn't a "nice try" it was a complete success. They are not ubisoft towers. The problem with Ubisoft towers is the disincentivize exploration in the huge open world by just putting all the objectives on your map. BotW's towers just give you a vantage point to determine where you want to go, but you still have to explore to actually find anything.

Attached: danny is not amused.jpg (245x209, 14K)

Whether it's a cashgrab or not has yet to be determined. Something doesn't have to have entirely new assets to have entirely new content. Considering all the shit that wasted most of the dev time is already done in this instance, maybe we'll have actual dungeons, characters and whatnot to go along with an incredible open world.

This looks like the same thing that happened to SR4, but people will still eat this because it's ok when Nintendo does it.

get ready to find all the koroks.. AGAIN

ahahahaha fucking nincels

Is anyone else legitimately worried about this? It's going to be dull as fuck exploring the same world again, even if there's all new shit in it.

Attached: DDe9jmjXYAAaPQ2.jpg (646x595, 42K)

Except you can still detect BoTW towers and in fact there's a part in the early game where you're supposed to stand on one and mark the others you can see from a distance.

you're fucking retarded lmao

But your the one not coping, everyone wanted BoTW2, and there is no way they'd use the exact same mapa, is either revamped and have new areas added or you travel to another dimension, despite how clickbait and retard sites twist Anouma words

Yeah, it's gonna be shit.

>They are not ubisoft towers
Go up tower to reveal part of the map
Repeating 'it's different' in your head wont make it true

WoW is for whales, not humans

This happens all the time you fucking idiots. How many times do you think games started off as dlc/expansions then they decided to make it a sequel while reusing the assets of the first game?

Attached: 3055255-shing.jpg (960x960, 138K)

We know too little for me to have an opinion either way.

>endless hourly botw shitposting threads finally die
>now it's just endless hourly botw 2 shitposting

Thanks monkey paw.

We don't even know anything about the game you fuckfaces.
You faggots are so fucking retarded holy fucking shit.
It could just be BotW Hyrule but on a much more condensed scale or it could be just the same map with nothing new added.
And other then because it lets you make epic low effort console war shitposts there's no reason to assume the worst.

Attached: 1502328965318.gif (496x350, 541K)

user they could be straight up pulling an MM here, wait and see, shit could also be incredible.

>Nintendo diverging from their LoZ formula by not having Ganon be the overarching enemy of the game
Impossible

Galaxy 2 only reused a handful of levels, like 3-4 tops in a game with at least 40 levels to it

it's like if Odyssey 2 was announced but instead of taking place in brand new kingdoms they announced that they would reuse the same locations as the first game but there were a few tweaks to them and there was one bonus kingdom thrown in, it's underwhelming

Attached: SMO-ND0913-SCRN18.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

based unprovoked asshole

They didn't reuse the world for MM though.

I doubt they'll have it be before Calamity Ganon but they've had several zelda games where Ganon/ganondorf aren't even a thing.

So did this game.

>has yet to be determined
You don't understand, here on Sonygaf, literally everything Nintendo does is bad.

Seeing things from a tower and manually marking them on your map = / = the game just marking everything in the area for you and you can't see everything from the towers.

The level of player engagement with the world is higher in BotW than in something like AssCreed or Spider-Man because of this.

????

I’m not the other user you’re arguing but the fact that they let the player mark them on their map in the beginning means fucking nothing. That just lets them know where to go so they can get their “adventure” started without much time spent determining where you are supposed to go- if that makes sense. Even if you are able to see them from a distance (which is such a retarded thing to get mad at), you still have to go to them and explore the area around them to actually get the map information from them.

I just hope since this is after everything that is TP ganondorf after some link fucked up and pulled the master sword out too fight more shit.

UBISOFT TOWERS UNLOCK AREAS THAT YOU CANNOT GO TO. YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE IN BOTW YOU FAGGOT RETARD FUCK YOU. YES I MAD, YOU CANCER.

Attached: Mad Hyakki.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

>nothing known about the game beyond a 2 minute teaser
>trusting clickbait faggot journalists

Yes it happened, and no, you had to purchase the entire season pass to unlock it.

I have a feeling this'll be more like light world/dark world o the couples games that did it
only there wasn't be any transitioning back and forth with an item or portal

he said before going back to his yakuza games

I'm more worried about all the people assuming they know everything about the game from one teaser and some misquoted interviews

Gat out of Hell had a different map

Console Warriors are retarded yes
It's just mad Basednegroes that they have no games and BabyDicktendo soys that can't take childish banter or ignore bait threads.
That being said, I'm excited for BoTW2, and everyone who isn't just because we'll be getting Dorf is a fag

>People thought they wouldn't reuse the same map after everyone praised the shit out of that empty ass piece of shit

Attached: 375078908359.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

you think that a company so fucking hell bent on preserving their reputation is just gonna cash in on their most profitable franchise and in doing so, most likely wreck future sales of such franchise? You are dense my nigga

>open world game has a lot of empty space
He whoda thunk

Yes but they reused most of the other shit in OoT, up too and including annoying fairy bullshit.

It's just irrational cynashits who would find any reason to bash the game. "Using the same map" means that's their starting point and they are are not doing everything from scratch so as to have a Hyrule with an entirely different geography, they have a starting point which they then change considerably.

Is Hyrule Castle going to be "the same"? Obviously fucking not as it's now a floating island, a pretty dramatic change. Maybe other things are different about it, we don't know as we just have a teaser trailer. On a landmark by landmark basis things could be as dramatically different as that, just in different ways. Only a Snoy or someone who already disliked the franchise would be so disingenuous as to imply that "same map" means an exact copy paste without things being added or considerably changed.

Define what you specifically think that means so you don't sound like a disingenuous and reactionary brainlet. "Same map" is vague enough for people to read it as meaning different things. Death Mountain could be in the same location, but still be altered considerably for some story based reason so it's still interesting to revisit. Not working from scratch, but still far from being a copy paste job.

>UBISOFT TOWERS UNLOCK AREAS THAT YOU CANNOT GO TO
That's wrong
The whole map is open to explore you go up towers to unlock the map layout exactly like in BotW

We only know that they're using botw map as a base + Ganondorf might be in + Zelda has short hair.
WAIT
&
SEE

Attached: 1541077599027.jpg (326x272, 22K)

It isn't really missed because the hard mode is trash anyway. Worst part of the pass.

no it needs to take place below, keep the overworld but add an underground layer that works like a metroidvania, or a huge megadungeon below hyrule

One word "urban" responses aren't arguments.

>what is Pokemon?

they've already turned mario into a soulless rehash cash grab and allowed game freak to do the same to pokemon. zelda is next.

Factually wrong.

>hard mode is trash
Why? I thought the base game was too easy most of the time, does hard mode fuck it up more than make it harder?

>who is Gamefreak?

No you unlock the MAP. You don't get the location of game content or collectibles which makes BotW distinct.

I'm ok with this if they actually fill it in this time.

As long as Ganondorf get's to be an actual character and not a early 00's superhero smoke cloud monster i'm happy.

>When you hate nintendo so hard you fucking spend your life lying on the internet
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF Yea ForumsIRGIN CANCER NEWFAGS

Attached: into the trash it goes.png (314x438, 227K)

They are still Ubisoft towers, but your right about everything else, which is why it's ok when Zelda did it

>negative two years and Yea Forums is already shitposting about it daily
Sure feels threatened around here.

They better expand the fucking map past that grand canyon of a gap the outer map was.

Attached: 1560646267988.gif (250x258, 2.97M)

People would still buy it for full.price even if it were just BotW deluxe with like one or two minor additions. After people defended Pokemon LGPE I'm convinced people will defend anything.

Nintendo just makes it too easy to make fun of their fans.

Okay well what the fuck are they supposed to do to progress the story in a 2d-3D game where you go down linear paths to get some mcguffin. Pokémon is for fags so I really don’t give a fuck if that got boned :/

You know what, I'll take it.

no it's Zelda!!

Attached: SOY.gif (413x243, 51K)

And charge us full price for it :)

Honestly at this point i'm banking on Ghoulnondorf to be TP dorf, because in the trailer that's a fuckton of twili shit holding his shit down. Some link fucked up at some point by pulling the sword out of him, he unstoned and someone sealed his ass.

"soulless cashgrab" because you know Super Mario Bros 3 is the same as Mario 64 which is the same as Mario Sunshine which is the same as Mario Galaxy which is the same as Paper Mario which is the same as Mario Odyssey. All lazy asset recycling cash grabs.

Does this guy have explicit confirmation of this or is he just regurgitating his interpretation of that one interview?

Link to article?

>Pokemon sucks, I dont give a shit
is not an argument for
>Do you really think they'll do a cashgrab lol???!?

>it's like if Odyssey 2 was announced...
actually I'd say a more apt comparison would be if botw 2 was announced and they used the same overworld map which is of course a completely different thing since its an open world game

if only ROMhacks were that good. alas, you're retarded

Attached: sony soy.jpg (1024x500, 118K)

you notice the panties but not the fact that she's wearing JEANS?

Attached: 1542023221978.jpg (723x1023, 215K)

I actually haven't beaten the game yet, I just watched my cousin do it so i'm still making my way through. But my biggest gripe was lack of a real villain storyline.

This right here.

The "underworld" of BotW was the Shrines, but there's no reason to revisit them in a BotW2, so they can get replaced by a cave system or something similar

Say it with me everyone!
REUSING ASSETS=/=SELLING THE SAME GAME TWICE

Maybe so, but Botw has arguably set a higher bar for the following games in the franchise, so I think if Nintendo fucks us with a 60$ dlc then most of us either won’t buy it or with buy it and not buy any other Zelda games. I would (hope) think if I have that opinion, the public relations fags at Nintendo would think the same outcome, but again, you may very well be right

Not necessarily. It's a question of what you do with it, how ambitious they are. Trails in the Sky 2 used the same map as 1, it wasn't even supposed to be a separate game, but it was so large in scope that no one was mad about it.
If there's enough content to make it a sequel, then it's fine. That remains to be seen, of course.

user, even the Mario threads on Yea Forums think that the New series is a cashgrab past the first one, and I'd agree. Anything with "3D" in the title also probably suffers from this.

NuJak is even more reddit than all the other Wojak variations.

>It could just
Ya it could but no one knows.
>There's no reason to assume the worst
Yes there is, BoTW was a dog shit Zelda game so I will assume BoTW2 is a rehash of the same dog shit game until proven otherwise once we learn more.
Nothing I said implies consolewarring faggot. I'm just not a bootlicker who eats any pile of shit Nintendo dishes out then makes excuses for them.

It mostly just makes the enemies one tier harder in the places that they would normally be. So the red guys on the tutorial area are replaced with blue guys. It just makes the game tedious as everything takes way too long to kill.
People are unironically defending the new games halving the amount of pokemon you can use and the graphics looking worse than the 3ds games.
They all have mario in the name so they are the same games. duh user

I wouldn't necessarily count the space left as potential for more. Terrain and it's accompanying amount of polygons eats more space than you'd think. Though I'm sure if they wanted too they could umph up Hyrule's size just a tad

lol if you believe this article

I mean, why would Arkham City suddenly be different in a serious way?

In what fucking way?

>implying it won't be a twisted, dark world version.

Source?

It's a parody of wojak

Attached: sony.gif (680x315, 84K)

Go play TP, ganondorf in that game is the same assclown from OoT from the child timeline who got banished too the dark realm, got a massive God complex and stupidly fucking powerful.

>Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said that the attach rate of Breath of the Wild to the Switch was "unprecedented". By March 2019, the game sold 14.27 million copies worldwide, 12.77 on the Switch and 1.5 on the Wii U, making Breath of the Wild the bestselling game in the franchise.
Mmmm yes, I'm sure Nintendo will treat the sequel to the bestselling Zelda game EVER as a "cash grab". Impeccable logic.

Attached: memedance.gif (128x128, 470K)

>ubisoft does towers
>Nintendo copies them
>ubisoft reuses same map for game sequels
>Nintendo copies them
>ubisoft locks content behind paywall
>Nintendo copies them with master mode

They're aping ubisoft and Nintendo fags literally can't get enough

arkham origins isnt even a legit arkham game

nu super mario bros. is one of the laziest recurring cashgrabs ever, odyssey is yet another mario 64 rehash, mario maker 1.5 is designed to be useless without a subscription to nintendo's shitty online, paper mario has been ruined by miyamoto, and the sports/party spinoffs are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

>falling for unsourced clickbait
reusing the BOTW map isn't the same thing as copy/pasting it onto a new game. And it also doesn't mean that they can't add new locations or tweak the existing map.

Attached: venture bros op is a fag.jpg (704x800, 322K)

>"Nintendo would NEVER try to pass off their games as a cash grab! You guys are crazy!"

I've played TP, it was one of my favorites next to Windwaker back in the day (i'm actually very old compared to a lot of posters.) but I wasn't aware that there was Twili shit in Breath of the Wild. I hope it comes in to play in the second one.

>Zelda sequel will use the same map
Where did they say? Gimme some links.

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/06/13/sequel-the-new-zelda-game-will-use-the-same-map-as-breath-of-the-wild/#70d2c6f819ea

Old news, he just wrote this based off the old "same world" quote from e3.

Literally nowhere, its clickbait bullshit. Its in the same world which is pretty much the only thing that the teaser shows.

Give the source of this claim. Not that clickbaity article faggot.

>warning: nightmare fuel if out-of-bounds disturbs you
I never thought I'd see a trigger warning on Yea Forums of all places

Fucking this. I'm so sick of this place and their alarmist attitudes.

You're an idiot that clearly hasn't played anything with actual Ubisoft towers in them.

Based on the trailer you probably get sent to the Dark World/Realm my dudes

All the people in this thread screaming its a cashgrab got fucking clickbaited by the article OP posted. I bet OP is probably shilling for whatever garbage site this shit was from.

OH MY GOD SO THERE'S GOING TO BE A ZORA'S DOMAIN, DEATH MOUNTAIN, KOKIRI WOODS, HYRULE CASTLE TOWN, AND GERUDO DESERT IN A MOTHERFUCKING ZELDA GAME?!

WHO'D HAVE GUESSED?!

Uhh have you ever played ass creed before? Its the same shit. Platform up a tower, get map

They'll trust journalists when it means they can shitpost about a game so many people liked. Even better when it's a Nintendo game.

This.

It depends on how you do hard mode
If you were playing say, fallout, and they switched all the early game bandits with deathclaws would you want to play this mode?
Because thats basically what botw hardmode is, and it just becomes a game of "oh well, that endgame enemy is now here so I'll just walk around it"

Of course. They wanted BOTW to fail and it didn't, so they're grasping at any straw they can to make sure the next one fails. TORtanic really ruined this place.

>nintendo kiddies will actually defend this

Attached: 1555222827859.png (779x768, 704K)

Nintendo’s Eiji Aonuma revealed that Breath of the Wild 2 won’t be made from scratch, but will instead reuse the Hyrule map from the original Breath of the Wild. Aonuma explained that “one of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story.”

Have they ever treated a mainline console zelda as a cashgrab? This isn't tingle's rosy rupeeland or link's crossbow training, this is BOTW 2.

>reused assets to the point of having THE SAME FUCKING NPCS WITH SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NAMES
>Based Time Travel mechanic replaced with a fucking annoying timer to give dungeons illusion of depth
>Stuck as Young Link
>gay fucking masks that don't do anything
>Literal cunt as your fairy companion
>basically Ocarina but with only four fucking dungeons
>main villain is literal sperg
>hubworld is called Cocktown or some gay shit

HAHAHAHAH EAT SHIT ZELDA FAGS YOUR FRANCHISE IS FUCKING DOOMED!

Attached: majorasmask.jpg (1200x800, 180K)

I'm not OP, I just googled for the article he posted. That one aonuma quote from e3 is the only source for the idea that botw 2 will reuse the same map, and the quote's very much open to interpretation.

>im used to rehashing so it's okay

>but will instead reuse the Hyrule map from the original Breath of the Wild.
This is speculation from the author

>""new"" smash is just a port
>now this
>the only good original game on the console is Odyssey

Attached: 1558734873072.jpg (443x471, 89K)

In BotW you play as Link but with Zelda in your backpack. She's good for shooting eggs and using brap gas to take flight.

Attached: kazooie.jpg (529x768, 74K)

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Lin's Crossbow training aren't cashgrabs. Those are the games that they experimented with. The mainline entries are the cashgrabs, moron

You have a source on that which ISN'T this clickbait shit? Video of the actual interview with Aonuma? They lied about what he said in the goddamn title for christ's sake, I'm not gullible enough to believe anything written after that.

faggot

Attached: 1533909905853.jpg (568x719, 56K)

Everything was different in Majoras Mask right?
They didnt reuse anything.
Welcome to the video game business kid.

Attached: images.jpg (174x290, 6K)

This port bs is still being regurgitated?

And yet Nintentards will buy it because they have ZERO standards, like the mindless husks they are.

Attached: 677566.jpg (225x318, 19K)

Fucking clickbait. We don't have anything confirming that. You're likely going to have access to the full map but a second map that is just as big will reside underground.

>nintendies are in full damage control mode
oh no no no ahahahahhahahahah

>i-it's not a port!!!
>Why ?
>silence

Attached: 1549186320303.png (279x327, 136K)

Trying to go out of bounds is like the cosmic horizon, the expansion of space is so fast that light can never over take it, you would have to cheat the speed of light to do it which is kinda what's happening here just on a far smaller scale.

>brap gas
>not just using her ass as a hot air balloon

>heavily changed the main gameplay to make it less defensive than smash 4 was
>new characters stages and music
>spirits mode is a new thing even if it does suck
What the fuck else do you want from a new smash game.

>Hookshot they said in an interview that they tested but didn't include because it trivialized existing movement mechanics

>dark world mechanic

>Probably a completely revamped overworld with new towns and more dungeons

This is not a real problem please stop freaking out about this.

>literally like triple the content with different gameplay systems and new shaders
The models being reused is the only argument as to why it's a port.

Let's say it is one. Why does that matter anymore? It's got so much changed from Wii U that it's enough to stand out. You jackass' are trying to pass it off like it's on the same level of port as Mario Kart 8 or fucking Doom.

Shiekah shit is eerily similar too twili shit if you look closely with just a different color palette

>I-its a port I swear!
>how?
>silence

That just makes it an enhanced version though, stop being delusional
>new shaders
BRUUUUUHH NONONONO
It doesn't matter. It's just that nintendies have no standards and it's fun to bully them.

Its the same amount of new content and gameplay changes as any other smash sequel. Is it literally just the graphics that make a smash game new to you?

What defines a new game if having old content in it at all makes it a port? I

>wide variety of gametypes
Like what? Doing samey-ish dungeons and puzzles?

NINTENDO

Are you actually going to tell me that Breath of the Wild and Skyward Sword, the last main Zelda console release are anyway alike besides both being part of the same IP?

I haven't played a Zelda game since GBC, that's why I asked you, retard.

Alright, fine.

>Skyward Sword
>almost entirely motion controls, focused on combat that doesn't work
>small, focused overworlds and in-depth dungeons with puzzles that usually just involve using whatever item you found in that dungeon
>filled with dialogue that adds nothing
>incredibly limited game scope

>Breath of the Wild
>no motion controls beyond some purely optional configurations
>one large overworld with smaller "dungeons" dotting the way, usually physics based using the same basic tools you get at the start of the game in order to encourage going where you want
>limited dialogue and "plot"
>game has a larger scope but is less focused on a specific aspect than Skyward Sword

Unironically, Breath of the Wild is the only Zelda game I have enjoyed since Ocarina of Time.

And before Ocarina of Time, I actually didn't enjoy any Zelda.

what games do you like?

Only way I could see this working is by having a clearly defined story unlike Botw.
It worked then because you were discovering the story taking place 100 years prior.
Now that we've done that, a linear story would serve it better.

Attached: Arthas.jpg (125x125, 2K)

agreed that he's retarded, but if you're looking for a good romhack, Nimpize Adventure is pretty good

Me in the middle

Yes and no

a linear story to start the game would serve it better, but there may be open world related events triggered by a part of the story, where you are free to roam again. Maybe searching for something?

It's a reimagining of the original $59.99 you shelled out a few years ago.

They sound very similar to me, and I don't think Nintendo wants to stray too far from the already established Zelda core elements.

The ABSOLUTE RECTAL DEVASTATION breath of the wild leaves in it's wake every time it is mention. GAME OF THE YEAR is coming for the rebound and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.

Attached: Kage_d6bcbe_340471.jpg (692x659, 109K)

>OoT was a cashgrab
If your definition of 'cashgrab' is 'any game sold to make money' then BOY DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU

they'll be going 10,000 years into the past and the terrain will be like the maps depict it in dlc 2

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 124K)

and what isnt?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MODS STOP THIS NINTENDOGAAAAAAAAAAF

>Why isn't anyone responding to my obvious bait?!
(You)

What if there's a time skip when link and Zelda are down there for some reason? Either way I'm sure the towns will be expanded on and new areas created by the inhabitants since the blight is gone and its a tad safer in the world

>d-doesn't count

lmfao

>improving perfection
If it works why fix it?
Breath of the Wild was the best game ever made, and having the same map is only an advantage.

>Fortune

Stop giving these clickbait faggots what they want

have sex

Nice

>enter the kitchen
>enter the kitchen again a minute later

OMGGGGG ITSSSSSS THE SAME THING GUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!1

Quite literally the height of intelligence from faggot op

yeah but the thing in the OP could mean literally anything, what it's just the same map but they have a shit ton of cities and dungeons and hidden areas covering it?

you can make many different pies with the same crust

>but the thing in the OP could mean literally anything
Clickbait misquotes are often like that yes. Wait until they have any actual gameplay to show us or nintendo themselves actually confirm something.

done with zelda, nintendo is committed to selling out the last decent ip they have for quick cash

You're talking about the nintendo playerbase here, they're literally okay with a company that releases the same game twice as two different editions and then releases a third edition of the same fucking game again.

You're talking about a game so early in development that it doesn't even have a proper title like its already released. We literally know nothing other than BOTW 2 is being developed. Almost nobody is okay with the current state of pokemon besides the most deluded of fanatics.

It's common for Zelda games to use the same characters multiple times. It's not common to use the same overworld.

Yeah man, those clickbait sites. They sure were tough on BOTW.

What else you got, dumbo

Attached: itwasokay.png (378x559, 36K)

Does it only use that map or does it use that map and another map.
I'd be happy to revisit that map a few years on, it would be great to see life return to hyrule
>hyrule castle town is partially rebuilt, outside of the walls are far reaching fields of wheat, seasons change and farmers move between planting, tending and harvesting the crops
goron traders travel from death mountain with bags full of ore they sell it on to smiths who turn it into metal goods
>caravans travel across the gerudo desert bringing goods from foreign lands
>great plateau temple is rebuilt and now houses a full abbey including temple services
>lumber camps chop wood and cart it to lumber mills where it's turned into planks that are transported to the various towns in the region
I'm glad that we are going back to Hyrule, the only time I could say I'm glad to be doing so, but it does need another region, even if the maps boundaries are just extended a whole lot.

ALBW did it and it was a good game.

The problem is that we know so little about BotW2 that we can't even make any assessments yet. I enjoyed BotW's overworld enough that I wouldn't mind delving back into it if they changed up some stuff on the map to make it feel fresh.

Ah shit I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case. Now I can just expect a "dark world" version of BotW. If there is also less than 8 dungeons, then this game can just fuck off. Why people do accept 4 dungeons in a Triple A Zelda game is beyond me.

Attached: 1536608849187.gif (420x315, 2.94M)

Wait, were there differences in those little maps? You could be on to something.

MM had just 4 dungeons and it was a great game. Stop caring about quantity so much and focus on quality.

> In fact, according to a Game Informer with producer Eiji Aonuma, it will use the same basic map as Breath of the Wild:
>"One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story," he told Game Informer.
That's pretty loose interpretation of that interview answer.

If there's a time skip then sign me the fuck up. It's no longer exploring the world for the first time but it's now exploring how the world changed. I doubt it'll go as hard as I'd like and would ultimately get put off but the best case scenario imo is that neat shit happens in the same old places in a way that only works well with a sequel game time skip.

>But Zelda is bad
Based on what?

Majora's Mask had awful dungeons. What the fuck are you talking about. Maybe stop talking for other people, retard.

>OoT was the best Zelda for its time, then MM came out and was even better
>BotW is the best Zelda right now, and BotW2 will improve it even more

Like pottery, best fucking timeline boys

Attached: 1560388964441.gif (296x360, 1M)

DUDE

>Majora's Mask had awful dungeons

Awful taste, plus my point still stands. You morons care too much about quantity over quality, that's why we ended up with garbage like TP that had a shitload of dungeons but none of them were any good.

yes, the water levels were different.

And we all know there's a lot of precedent for alternate versions of the overworld in Zelda games.

>nintendogs never played Gothic 1+2

It could work, if they make bigger towns, fix the puzzle systems and allow the player to teleport to new areas. Using the same map can it make it more dense, something BotW struggled with given the korok seeds and shitty shrines.

Oh good...so instead of knowing where the boring unfulfilling errands are from the tower, I actually have to go find said unfulfilling errands. Let's not pretend BOTW's side quests were worth a fuck

While it reused assets and models the world is not the same at all other than "there's a lake to X direction in both games".

Revisiting a world sounds like Link Between Worlds. Holy shit Nintendo, you gooks have rehashed LttP's world, then you remake Link's Awakening. Now you're going to reuse BotW's world? Talk about turbo lazymode on with anything Zelda right now.

>The empty map is even better the second time, 10/10

Nintendo fans have no shame

BEHOLD, Breath of the Wild's Water Temple!

Careful Yea Forums!, We all know how deviously tricky water dungeons are in Zelda games! This is going to require some serious puzzle-solving skills!

Attached: f6f3d651e39da22ac1887f567cbcf1b1c6acbdf8_00[1].jpg (400x400, 19K)

Thanks for the fap fuel

Guy's don't worry, it won't be a cash grab because It's okay when Nintendo does it

Attached: 1560219709864.gif (250x170, 2.75M)

see

I'd rather have 4 good dungeons than 8 shit ones. Hell the 4 or I guess 5 if you count the DLC ones BOTW had weren't even that good.
Of course you have to clickbait it to hell or the article is bad
One of the only things I can see from the trailer is that there was at least some amount of time between the the original and the sequel. Since there was a decent amount of new stuff in the trailer.
>falling for clickbait
user you're better than this.

The main issue with this game wasn't the world itself but the actual gameplay anyway.

Hollow Knight

Everything fucking thing Yea Forums complains about concerning other open world games, they gave a free pass concerning BotW. Shit is off the charts double standard retardation.

>be nintendo
>make your very own generic open world trash
>it's repetitive, tedious and full of fucking nothing
>cut all the qol stuff to sell as dlc
>cut the dungeons and all the interesting stuff to sell as a "sequel", just re-use the map

fuck off you cheap lazy jewish cunts

BotW was entertaining to me because it was a game of constant discovery of different things. People harp on how you have 30 or whatever combat shrines, sure but you will hardly bump into 5 of them in a row, they're very spread out. A gaming section is more like find a little thing here to do for a korok seed, say put the stone in the ground to form something. Then you find a puzzle shrine. Then you wander around and find a sleeping giant goblin guy. Then you wander around some more, you find a rare weapon spawn, then you find a goblin encampment, of course there's repetition in the discovery of things, but it's cycled in a way that stays fresh.

Also the climbing is really nice, they found a real nice way to gamify climbing, looking for resting spots and such. Sure you can eat stuff to recover your stamina but it's you spoiling your own fun of finding climbing paths. Now I haven't played a Ubisoft open world game since AssCreed Unity but not a single one of them (nor FC3 and Blood Dragon) has exploration as remotely interesting as BotW.

What reality do you live in where Yea Forums doesn't have literally DAILY threads about how disappointed they were with BotW? People in this very thread are talking about those same complaints with other open world games like the map being empty and there not being enough content.

>Would rather play a repetitive Ocarina song 16 times for "dungeon puzzles" instead of exploring a kino lost mansion on a ice mountain
MMFags truly are the redditors of Yea Forums

Boy that's the ONLY non cash grab series

im loving the preemptive butthurt but please, save it when we have some information other than a 2 minute trailer of nothing but cutscenes

I sure do love a hot girl in her panties

This is why I don't understand the point of calling some game to be "cashgrab". I mean, duh, of course every single game in the world is meant to be sold and make money.

BOTW 2 could improve on its predecessor enough that it's a genuine 10/10 but it's going to get immediate, fervent contrarian backlash out of the gate just for being BOTW. The game might actually end up a disappointment compared to BOTW 1 but even if it's the greatest game ever made its score won't come close to 97, people won't sing its praises as much and it probably won't make GOTY.

Attached: 1513463327700.png (784x638, 369K)

If it has as much content as three $20 DLC packs, I'd still probably buy it if it was DLC.

Its like a third and fourth version of a pokemon game like black2 or white2

goddamn based

>it probably won't make GOTY
Depends on what it's launching against, if it launches against God of War, Uncharted, Overwatch, Cyberpunk or The Last of Us 2, it won't win Goty.

it'll be the MM to OoT. The fans will acknowledge it as a stronger and more impressive game but the public will still hold higher regard to the original one that brought more influence.

You guys take this statement too literally. He's saying it started out as DLC but then it kept snowballing to the point that turned into a completely new title.

>open world game
>reusing the same map for the next entry
So, they're appealing to the Far Cry audience.

Fuck you, made me kek and I like Nintendo games.

Tell me, cunt: Which discord server are you on? Which one is it where you attempt to organize a team to spread the rumor that the game will use the exact same map in an attempt to start limiting its sales early before it catches on and becomes a must-have for millions of people again? That's why you keep posting this, right? You think you're fighting the good fight and making a difference? You think your shitposting on 4channel is going to cut the game's sales by anything more than maybe ten at most? For fuck's sake, you probably are going to buy it too. You probably don't even dislike it. Probably loved the first and wouldn't even mind if the map really was the same.

You just want to shitpost on Yea Forums and start drama like a little fucking bitch instead of play and/or attempt to talk about video games in any sort of depth.

Deditate.

Everyone thinks it'll be better than BotW but I'm not so sure about that. I fear they might put so much time into the dungeons that the overworld will suffer, AKA Twilight Princess 2.0.

To be fair the teaser didn't leave us with much to talk about unless you want to sperg about lore or make the 10000th hopes for BotW 2 thread

That's not really a real fear, the game is going to have a 5+ year development cycle, even though the assets and engine are already more or less done. then again Nintendo do tend to do retarded shit and Breath of the Wild 2 could be running on a completely new engine with completely new character assets, thus them having wasted a mountain of time on reinventing the wheel.

I'm so glad I sold this piece of garbage console, Nintendo never again

So it's farcry primal but less inventive

Botw1 was Nintendos attempt at a baby version of Gothic.
Botw2 will follow suit in Gothic 2s footsteps and include the first games area within the larger 2nd games area

its okay when nintendo does it

Attached: header (5).jpg (460x215, 70K)

It's a nintendo game.

The map is not the same, I hate underageB& who know shit about videogames.

When you get BTFO so you move the goalposts

This is the first time I've posted on Yea Forums in years, lel. Pretty eye opening to see how quick you guys are to label others as shills

Reading is not your forte, dumbo

Attached: 2019-06-10_2-16-41.png (767x591, 401K)

They're not errands if you don't know where / what they are already, why are you having so much trouble with this, gameplay and sidequests are emergent in BotW by simple virtue of not telling you where everything is right off the top you incentivize exploration and increase player engagement with the world. What you think of the side quests doesn't really factor in, it is inherently better design.

>"buy a season pass guys"
>oh shit that's too much value.

So, I guess I am in the minority here in thinking that re-using assets and maps are a bad thing. From what I gathered, the biggest thing holding Breath of the Wild back was the world feeling empty.

If they take the development time to introduce new temples, new enemies, new items, new character, and a new story, then I think saving time in creating the open world would be a plus.

I also understand that doing this could make people complacent, so I guess all we can do is wait to see what happens.

Attached: 1546377876946.jpg (498x498, 44K)

>(warning: nightmare fuel if out-of-bounds disturbs you)

Attached: 1529592579485.jpg (500x566, 189K)

>Expecting it to be the exact same map after Hyrule castle reveals ganons tower, and other shit starts shooting out of the ground all over Hyrule, and dungons revealing themselves under villages or behind the 8th heroine statue

>Spend a half decade creating new engine
>Hrrr drrrr stop reusing assets, every game should run on a new engine
Gamers are fucking retards.

>open up Yea Forums for the first time in years
>decide to post a vague opinion about a vague clickbait article which clearly dosent match up with what is said
>Never played Zelda most likely to know that Anouma won't let the world be exactly the same

I think you're the only genuine retard here. Stop posting here. It's clear you don't like videogames or in the very least Zelda if you aren't trying to intentionally piss people off.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Aonuma says they want to use the same world
>This means that they're staying in the exact same Hyrule with all the same Koroks and everything

Come on, son.

Attached: ears.png (1397x718, 1.47M)

nothing wrong with reusing assets to cut costs as long as the savings reach the consumer as well.

Do you think that BotW 2 is going to be less than $60?

opne unused space is part of the game, and I hope they keep it, I don't want to walk across a field and keep finding enemies and quest givers, I want to walk across a field and contemplate the beauty of the world they created.

how do they grab my cash when i don't give them any in order to play?

No, because Aonuma stated that BotW2 is a slew of DLC they at first thought about adding to the first game, but realized there would be so much data involved it's more economical and efficient to release all of the new content on a new game.

My mission was a success thanks to retards like you

he said, while posting on the ground-zero for intellectual debate on the internet.

They said that in reference to all the creative ideas they had around the "chemistry" system. LARPing that Nintendo just had DLC sitting around and is shitting into a "new game" is silly and TRYING to find something to be offended by.