Be honest, is Metal Gear Solid 2 in your top 10 games?

Be honest, is Metal Gear Solid 2 in your top 10 games?

Attached: 594B91EB-B179-4526-86DD-29F26C0A2A59.jpg (800x1140, 198K)

Yes, and MGS4 too, paradoxically.

mgs2 was my first mgs so i will always be biased in its estimation

No. I never could get through plant because it was so repetitive and the gameplay really wasn't that interesting.

Yes, but it's not as high as 3.

No
> Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
> Metroid Prime
> Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
> Final Fantasy VI
> Super Mario Galaxy
> Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
> Resident Evil 4
> Shadow Of The Colossus
> Super Metroid
> Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

MGS3 > MGS5 > MGS2 > MGS1 >>>>>> MGS4

Attached: snake.jpg (400x400, 112K)

*ahem* excuse me, best game of all time coming through

Attached: solid snake.jpg (1014x676, 149K)

I'd be surprised if it were even in the top 50.

Maybe not top 10 but definitely top 25.

>5 over anything

only MGS1 is

>solid snake.jpg

Attached: 1536878532505.png (658x569, 501K)

mgsv is a good game but doesnt fit with the other mgs games gameplay wise. if we're going by gameplay only it's up there, if we're going by consistency it's at the bottom with mgs4

Attached: 1446327626153.png (1572x1056, 1.68M)

>1536878532505.png

No.

I used to like the game a lot, but the later games, especially MGSV, tarnished the series for me, so I wouldn't put it in my top 10 now

It's in my top 10 """"games"""", that's for sure.

its up there right behind 3

Yes. Peak mgs.

depends on the rules, if its one game per franchise then 3 is my choice, but other than that its in.

MGSV is so boring, miserable, and in general, emblematic of everything I hate in modern AAA games that I can't place it anywhere but the bottom in my rankings, even when you set aside consistency with the rest of the series and focus on gameplay.

top 3 actually

Attached: greatgame.png (567x604, 519K)

Nah

Even Kojima regrets how he made this game.

No, but its my favorite MGS.

if i'm being honest, i haven't finished it yet
played 1 and 5 and i was too fond of them, i don't think this series is for me

As an extremely impatient person I got through this game without any trouble.

It's my favorite MG below Rising

>Gameplay
Mgs5>Mgs3>Mgs4>Mgs2>Mgs1
>Story
Mgs3>Mgs2=Mgs1>Mgs4>>>>Mgs5
>Overall
Mgs3>Mgs2>Mgs1>Mgs5>Mgs4

Cannot be proven wrong

Yeah i do, only for its themes
I usually go by
Mgs1 - best aesthetic
Mgs2 - best themes
Mgs3 - best level design
Mgs4 - best movie
Mgs5 - best gameplay

2 also has the best soundtrack and that is the cold truth

MGS2 is great, but hponestly, i like so many different games that i feel incredible guilt saying i have favorites. I just really like vidya.

Attached: DqArGDpWwAA28sS.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Fucking based

Nah it was really awesome, but when raiden got his balls checked that's when it went silly.

>Be honest, is Metal Gear Solid 2 in your top 10 games?

No.

Raiden being a bad character and the story being thrown out at Arsenal Gear keep it from being on my top 10 list.

the story was shit before arsenal gear, arsenal gear is when the story becomes interesting

>DDS 2
Are you dumb or are you just stupid

Seethe more contrarian, it’s a great game & even better Sequel.

>the story was shit before arsenal gear, arsenal gear is when the story becomes interesting
It was okay before Arsenal Gear but then everything got thrown out for some stupid bullshit.

I would actually instantly forget Konami if they reveal a MGR2.
Also woudn't say no to a remake of MGS1, i would prefer MG1 and 2 but MGS1 would sell better to the normies.

>forget
i mean, forgive.

everything before arsenal gear was deliberately just mgs1 but shittier
arsenal gear is the entire payoff for it

Nope
>New Vegas
>Fallout 2
>Fallout 4
>Persona 5
>Saints Row 2
>Sly 2
>Mass Effect 2
>Devil May Cry 3
>Hitman: Blood Money
>Metal Gear Solid 3

5 is a pleb filter.
Only weebs and retarded hypefags dislike it

You're boring.

> Westernfag
Kill yourself

>everything before arsenal gear was deliberately just mgs1 but shittier
It felt about the same

>arsenal gear is the entire payoff for it
a glitching AI ranting on about shit and unresolved plot elements is a payoff?

No, I actually learned to hate it because people praise its writing for the few codex calls that have some interesting ideas in it, but utterly ignore the story of the game and the way it is told and its massive flaws there.

Worst of all are the people who endlessly claim its a postmodern piece and supposed to be bad, and that Raiden is supposed to be the player's self-insert.

>and that Raiden is supposed to be the player's self-insert.

this is the dumbest theory. They say shit like him being a child soldier = you playing hundreds of games and they also say that the dog tag easter egg is symbolism

no but MGS 3 is

Attached: boss.jpg (680x680, 62K)

MGS2 and the constant praise it gets opened my eyes to how retarded and tasteless most gamers and journos are especially the metal gear fanbase.

No, why would it be?

Nigger, you're on a westaboo thread, the hack himself would cherish that list, especially utter trash like FO4.

1=3=V >>>> 2 >>>> PW >>>>>>> 4

No, but Ghost Babel is.

I haven't had this feeling in so long. Maybe Yakuza 0? Last time for sure was Okami. What games made you feel like this Yea Forums?

Yeah, MGR2 would immediately put them back in my good graces and I also want a return to the pre-base building style of Metal Gear game, even if it has to be a remake.

>Raiden is supposed to be the player's self-insert.
uhhhhhhhh
did you or these people you are talking about miss the ending or something

Most fanbases are retarded like that. People generally are dumb as shit, get emotionally invested in videogames for very little reason or marketing.
I feel it is similiar, if less severe, with the DMC fanbase and them trying to convince eachother that the story in 5 isn't badly rushed garbage.

a MGS1 remake would be the best for that.
would sells a lot with the normies, MG1-2 would be like making a MGS6 with all the changes and retcon needed in both the story and gameplay.
a MGS1 remake would be easier to make, and probably sell better.

MGR2 could then be made in parallel by plat, both project are the most likely things for the future of MG...We just have to wait.

>Okami
Guilty. Still need to finish Yakuza 0 and get to the Kiwami games already. I actually did have it happen recently, but that's only because I just finished vtmb1 for the first couple times.

Yeah, the whole meta-narrative argument that has been pushed to defend Kojima/his games is something I have grown to resent. Having some interesting ideas and executing them poorly is probably the best way to describe Kojima's work.

No but it gets an honorable mention for almost accurate predictions of the times we live in

Not even close.

>utterly ignore the way it is told and its massive flaws there.
Same with everything made by nips especially anime

That deserves its own thread.

However, I’d probably say P5 is the closest thing I’ve had to that feel most recently.

>did you or these people you are talking about miss the ending or something

you mean the dog tag easter egg?

Nier: Automata after getting Ending E

I liked mgs3 more.
2 was fun but I wanted snake so didn't like it nearly as much.

>Deus Ex
>Thief 1 and Thief 2
>Bloodborne
>MGS3
>Team Fortress 2
>Spelunky
>Metroid Prime 2
>Super Smash Bros Melee
>Ninja Gaiden Black
>Ghost Trick
Not really. It's the second best MGS, though.

mgs4 was decent for all the shit people give it.
All 5 hours of gameplay were solid

maybe. i've never actively kept a top 10 but i like it a lot

MGS4 was okay.

It gave much needed closure to MGS2 and fixed Raiden

MGS2 has been my favorite game since 2002 the first time I played it. I was a fan long before the youtube essays told everyone to like it.

Act 3 was pretty terrible gameplay wise, and the fact that you only had robots in the Shadow Moses section was also lame

> Fixed Raiden
Kill yourself, MGS2 Raiden was a excellently written character & faggots hate him because he isn't a generic piece of shit gary stu like Snake that they can self insert as. Same with Tidus in FFX

I've retroactively grown to appreciate MGS4 more and more. I always liked playing it, but the game made me angry and it felt like such a massive shitshow. Now it feels more like a glorious shitshow that can never happen again, and never will happen again.

It certainly is miles and miles better than Peace Walker and MGSV.