What are games like Factorio?

What are games like Factorio?

In b4 dorfs, I'm not that autistic

Attached: fd1f632099404d13bb4a9c2ce3f1284e92058e00078b28baf5e6858887e5c505_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/immersive-engineering\
wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Main_bus
youtube.com/watch?v=QCN3l8wc_-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

try any of the games by zachtronics, such as opus magnum, spacechem, or infinifactory

Looks cool, will check out.

Anything more open ended and less puzzzly?

Oxygen not included

Neat, should I get it now or wait for it come out of EA?

It comes out next month supposedly. It will add 3 new biomes and more stuff. They've said nothing about a price increase so I'd say you're safe waiting. Or get it during the summer sale if it goes for a decent discount.

Factory Town.

minecraft

MC with minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/immersive-engineering\
or one of those skyblock modpacks

There are lots of Factorio like games, but nothing will EVER scratch the itch that Factorio gives you. Try using mods that add a shit ton of more things to do.

>mod buildings look ugly as fuck compared the base game buildings
it's not fair

Satisfactory

What happened to Satisfactory?

Satisfactory sucks ass. I like the idea of 3D shiny Factorio, but making it first person was a mistake.

Did it already came out?

What's so bad about it?

bob's mods buildings with shinybobs mod look fine
angels mods buildings are fucking beautiful

It's just shallow in comparison and Epic exclusive

Factorio is 'tism incarnate, user. So you are wront

You can play it now. Don't know if they're calling it early access or whatever. It's just extremely clunky and unfun. Imagine if every time you had to do something in Factorio, you have to awkardly move things around in 3D space with a shit camera. Ironically, the game offers no satisfaction like Factorio does.

>9 sales

Attached: 1450262012418.gif (117x125, 29K)

I think Farlight Explorers is supposed to be similar, has shitty reviews though.

>In b4 dorfs, I'm not that autistic
Imagine being too retarded for a game that lists all controls on the side lmao just go play Rimworld then.

>dorfs
What's that? I'm not new but not that old either.

Based Cirnoposter.

Attached: 5C348540-6D4C-42C8-8A90-330118CA3428.jpg (370x500, 22K)

Bobs are just the base buildings recolored. Angels looks like ass in most cases.

You seem fairly new to me desu.

Dwarf Fortress.

Attached: to-spoonfeed-a-child-kind-fttern-picture-id174808357.jpg (612x405, 27K)

Yeah but it eases you in. Dorf Fortress has a massively steep learning curve

Attached: 1435682486856.jpg (1944x1944, 594K)

>fortunate engineer plays in the background

Attached: american forces fghting of the biter-cong 1969 colorized.png (2048x2048, 2.22M)

Dwarf fortress is getting a pretty steam release, try that once it's out. See, I'm not THAT new.

It's in EA on epic store. It's good but as others said that SF 3D camera make it hard to op place shit most the time. I already have 80 hours plugged in it. If you are up for EA,gamble I would suggest it.

well there's shit like the electrolyzer and other new buildings which look fine
angels buildings look really great in my opinion but different from vanilla buildings. thing is, with full angels, most of your buildings are gonna be angels buildings. so it still looks kind of nice.

You don't have to prove anything really.

Thanks anyway.

Because DF has one of the worst UIs ever conceived

How do you guys lay out your conveyor belts in this game ? My base is just all over the place and just messy.

When will satisfactory ACTUALLY come out?

Is there any way to netplay the pirated versions? My friends are all HK immigrants and refuse to touch anything chinese.

Literally the only reasons to play it on Steam is if you want to give Toady money for his dying brother or if you're too inept to install a tileset.

cherish the spaghetti, user, once you fall down the efficiency pit there's no return to those simple days

Angels look like something is missing. Maybe someone who knows a thing or two about graphics can explain ,but the buildings on the far right look like much better and have some property that the rest don't

Attached: 78f0d862c6cfe46d51c876063260fda115af8ca4.png (1299x790, 1.45M)

have buses where relevant items converge to

wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Main_bus

Anno scratches the same optimization itch

Attached: Anno 18002019-5-24-9-15-50.jpg (2560x1440, 1.15M)

Zoomer detected. It's the standard UI for any terminal based game. I bet you use the term "Roguelike" all the time, but don't even know what Rogue looks like.

ESPECIALLY Infinifactory

Nah, DF has a bunch on inconsistent hotkeys and it gets really annoying

I'm probably older than you are faggot. Fuck you and fuck your lack off mouse support and massive nested commands.

The other models don't have lighting rendered. Specifically, there is no sunlight

You can install mouse support, underage. The commands are easy to learn, too, unless you have sea urchin tier memory.

I'm sorry your dementia riddled brain couldn't comprehend

Factorio is the mac daddy of these games.

What's the best Anno?

1404 or the latest 1800

1404 and 1503

Imagine being this new

Attached: 1502901830088.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Attached: original.gif (499x374, 1018K)

How confident are you that it's the best? Have you played all eighteen hundred of them?

Attached: 1497815907285.jpg (480x640, 123K)

1800 is the most complex one with more complex decisions and more things to optimise. 1404 is simpler but top comfy.

Factorio is 10 times more autistic than df, you’re just a clueless moron

wut game is this

A classic trait of autism is the inability to recognize that others may not be as autistic as you, one which you're displaying right now

Elaborate.

You wouldn't believe it - it's Factorio.

STOP GIVING ME THE FACTORIO ITCH AGAIN. I JUST SPENT LIKE 70 HOURS IN IT ABOUT A MONTH AGO. LET ME PLAY OTHER GAMES GOD DAMMIT.

They do have lighting its just not the same intensity, the shadows on the originals are harsher.
Also the angle of the buildings isn't right on the mod ones. Compare the cylinders on the top right building to the middle left one.

Woops mean to reply to

LOL how the fuck do you think your shitty potato powered alarm clock simulator has anything in common with dwarf fortress?

Actually it's not the potato powering the clock, but the oxidation of the metal leads. The potato just provides a semi-acidic, conductive environment.

>tfw just booted it up after a long hiatus
optimizing red & green science in early game without blueprints is so comfy

Using third party blueprints is uncreative, boring, and borderline cheating. Prove me wrong.

Yeah I don't use them either. I just have my one self-sufficient radar setup that I use, but other than that I build all my stuff from scratch each game.

>tfw just booted it up after a long hiatus
I hope you beta opted to play the .17 version which is WAY superior to the stable release. It has a lot of changes.

It has z levels now?

Those are cliffs, which only visually represent differing floors. z is still constant

It's very likely that factorio will never see multi-floor capabilities

good call, thanks m8

gonna restart since i didn't get too far just yet

What are some must have mods?
Also would you recommend starting over on a world with shitloads of resources compared to one with less resources? I just got to nuclear power but everything's spread out and annoying to traverse.

I used them once and the fun stopped
I realized living in your own spaghet is better

Makes it way easier to know what the fuck is going on too.

Epic exclusive.

I kinda agree, but even when you create your own blueprints they often just end up mirroring whats already common within the community because thats the optimal solution.

Has the failed mathematician fixed FPS death yet? Also, is it true that the pathfinding is being calculated by A*?

Plus there's no map generation, the map is a single hand-made map, so after you play it once you already know where everything is and how to build optimally. And let's not forget
>Epic store exclusive

Optimizing the production chain and the trade routes for maximum profit in Patrician 3 is pretty fun. But the games requires a fan patch to get it to run on modern systems.

Attached: derpatrizier.jpg (2436x1374, 1.09M)

Laffing at how they broke the trains in the last FFF. Do we have an estimate on when the next stable release is going to hit?

Okay I'm about to start this game, what advice do you guys have for new comers?

Embrace the spaghetti

Attached: download.png (427x434, 206K)

I don't get why people say only autismos play Dwarf Fort once you get past the ui its not that bad..or am I really just that autistic that i cant tell?

fuck yeah spacechem, soundtrack works great for factorio

this is brain power condensed into a video game soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=QCN3l8wc_-Y

I think you've answered your own question there chief

factorio server when

Play the latest .17 version! It's still in beta, so if you're playing through Steam, you have to specify that you want to play beta versions. It is an improvement in every way.

Beat the game once before you try out mods. A lot of them make the game trivial.

Don't worry about min/maxing everything to be perfect on your first playthrough. That comes later

Play with enemies on. It makes the game actually fun

Build a wall. Make the aliens pay for it

Flame turrets are OP

Always password protect your multiplayer lobbies. 80% of people watching the server browser are griefers

Today I launched my first rocket and won the game. My factory was entirely solar-powered except for the trains. You could really see the moment the simple inexperienced spaghetti becomes labyrinthic madness caused by the constant need for expansion. Watching the ballet of conveyor belts, inserters chains and robots was hypnotic. My only regret is not noticing sooner you could completely override the artillery turret's range with the remote.

Build railways. Resource patches get denser the further they are from your base. Just pick one direction and go. I like to build a single highway of double tracks leading several miles west of my base, then having a network of mining outposts out there. There's also a mini base out there to build walls and repair packs. They ship ore and oil to the main base.

You use trains for oil?

After playing 1800 for a while, I say 1404 is still the best. I just miss scenarios more than just endlessly playing Free Play maps. 1800 has some nice additions though, the trains are really nice as is the custom zoos. Not quite as comfy as 1404 however, especially with walled islands.

You use trains for everything
Cargo trains for raw ore, or transporting intermediate products from one site to another, also ammo, fuel and repair packs.
Fluid trains for raw oil, if you have a train network it's a lot easier than using barrels, as you'll have to recycle those. Also fluid trains for sulfuric acid which is needed by later steps

Start a game, enjoy building your first production line and then follow user's advice and watch as it all becomes a hopeless mess of spaghetti.

Once you get stuck you can quickly find some basic planned structures that help you make your factory not a mess, but getting into that initial spaghetti is half of the fun

Did you have any beacons / modules?

I tried solar for a little bit but when I started beaconing everything my power requirements were too much for it.

The rule of thumb for swapping to solar power is always build more pannels than what you think you need, because you didn't build anywhere near enough in the first place. Solar farms should be gigantic as you move away from steam, a lot of your map will just be covered in solar panel farms.

going green sucks

Yeah beacons require you to plan ahead in how much you're going to actually use/produce and it's a bitch on your power supply.
First thing you should do with your beacons is tackle raw production. Get your furnaces boosted so that they don't use up that much space anymore, boost your mines and oil drills.

If something is producing faster than you can supply materials to it, you'll want to smack it full of productivity modules untill it matches the supply. Speed module is a trap in general as it's always better to just make more assemblers (and if you got good designs you should always be able to expand your assembly lines)

Yes it does, but its the only way to go when you're doing megabases due to the UPS loss of steam and nuclear. If you're playing small, then try to transition into nuclear asap and save yourself the hassle. Or just bot and blueprint your solar farm and let them do it. Plop a radar down so you can keep building your blueprints via the map, letting the factory expand itself. The factory must grow.

You should have robots to build your solar park, i hope you aren't building it by hand. If so, RIP

>Speed module is a trap in general as it's always better to just make more assemblers
here is my green chip production
amidoinitrite

Attached: green_chip.png (1549x617, 1.85M)

Are those upper beacons even hitting the assemblers?
My general idea of designs is, if it's yours and you put love and effort into it, and it does what it has to do, you did a good job. I hate to min-max production stats on anything im always starving on copper on my green plate assemblers myself either way

thanks for the encouragement dawg

Attached: its_connected.png (678x459, 589K)

This is how i open with green, i don't bother with beacons in a vanilla game as i tend to quit once i launched the rocket, this manages to do it for the entire game.

Attached: green.jpg (1920x1080, 968K)

Question, why do people balance their bus? Isn't the point to have all material you can shoved down a single lane? which means priority splitters pointing to a single lane?

The copper and iron bus is 4 lanes long, i'm only taking things off the left and right lane, if i don't balance the bus then i'm going to be starving for resources (first assembly line takes 50% off iron off the lane, next one has 25% left, next one 12.5% while the other lanes are clogging at 100%, why wouldnt you balance?)

The entire concept of this is that, as long as you are overproducing, you will balance out your assembly lines and they'll all get their fair share of materials, the downside is that you'll be starving for resources at the end of the bus untill your assembly lines at the start of the bus have hit overproduction

production modules in the actual module slots are better but speed modules in beacons still help
especially for huge factories, having one assembler doing the work of 20 helps a lot with avoiding fps death even if it's more resource-intensive