What characters should get CUT for the next Smash?

What characters should get CUT for the next Smash?

Attached: 8FB23635-A023-44FB-A2CF-F10EDF51F10F.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76926959
youtube.com/watch?v=j_WDbgOku9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty much like half of the roster will, so say good bye to the likes of Ridley, Banjo, Cloud, Ryu, Olimar, K Rool, etc.

Marth and Ike. Nobody likes faggots.

Corrin

Cut everyone but Mario and Luigi

Yep. It's gonna be a hard reboot. All the one-shots and dead franchises are gonna get toned down/removed

>Ike
>Roy
>Corrin
>Joker
>Lucina
>Robin
>Chrom
>Shulk (replaced with Xenoblade 3 protag)
>Captain Falcon
>Lucas
>ROB
>Duck Hunt
>K.Rool
>Dark Samus
>Zero Suit Samus
>Banjo
>Dark Pit
>Palutena
>At least two pokemon most likely Greninja/Incineroar and Jigglypuff
>At least one Mario character so probably Piranha Plant
>Shiek

Out of that list cut Lucina, Roy, Chrom. Keep Marth, Ike, Robin, and Corrin because their movesets are unique enough to not feel like a waste.

Anyone with less than a million sales. So Ike and Roy. Their movesets can be reused by someone else doesn't have to be FE related.

Seeeeeeeethe

Why do people want to cut swordies again? Does it really matter how many there are? It's not like they are taking a slot from another character. And people who play swordies are just gonna play the last remaining one since they're all pretty similar

>You forgot Ness due to dead franchise

They will cut ZSS sooner than Ridley, and they won't cut K. Rool or Olimar either.

Keep marth, ike, robin and corrin. Use Joker moveset to Chrom and Itsuki if they can't get him next game

Not Swordies, just Fire Emblem trash.

All FE characters except Marth and Roy should be cut.

Fuck off. Corrin and Robin dont deserve to be in smash. Keep Roy.

This. Who gives a shit about the self insert protagonists

Attached: 1540747380448.png (735x1032, 74K)

>Captain Falcon
>implying they will ever cut one of they original N64 characters
Retard alert

95% of the sword faggots

They will never, ever cut out anyone from the original roster no mater what

nobody

Preferably none.

If I had to cut one though, definitely Olimar.

You forgot that Dark Pit exists, subhuman.

Here is the list of characters that should objectively be cut in the next game:
>Jigglypuff
>Dr. Mario
>Young Link
>Toon Link
>Pichu
>Roy
>Chrom
>Corrin
>Palutena
>Lucas
>Zero Suit Samus
>Shiek
>Falco

Attached: 1537199988942.png (500x500, 215K)

Good thing Smash is a game first. How a character plays is more important, fuckwad. Why cut unique characters. Rosterfags, I swear to god.

What makes Roy more deserving than Robin?

He was in the only good smash game, Melee

Ideally no one would be cut - but if there were going to be massive cuts in the next game regardless, here's how I would prioritize it.

Attached: keep - cut.png (1064x1480, 1.45M)

We can all agree he's a shoo-in right?

Attached: D9b8BFyVUAApgee.jpg (960x1200, 113K)

I agree

Ike
Chrom (sadly)
Lucina
Robin
Corrin
Zero Suit Samus and/or Dark Samus
Lucas (for Porky)
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Piranha Plant
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Joker
Snake
Cloud (probably)
Lucario
Incineroar (for Snorlax)
Pokemon Trainer (maybe)

I said toned down. I'm being generous because I'd like to assume not EVERY "outdated" character is gonna get purged

At least Dark Pit is fun to fight against and play as.

Olimar is just a twisted bastard that enjoys not allowing other players to have fun.

>>Lucas
>after how many people bitched about him being missing in sm4sh
>>Banjo
>after he "broke the internet" and how he would just print Nintendo money if included in smash is if there even is a smash six

Attached: 1560215666566.png (425x633, 256K)

wait I screwed up, Ice Climbers are supposed to be in the keep part

>Young and Toon Link
>Jigglypuff
>Dr Mario
Based
You forgot Dark Pit and Dark Samus

Attached: DQuQKXpX0AUQ6bc.jpg (800x480, 72K)

>Cutting Jigglypuff
>Cutting Dr. Mario
I don't give a shit about the rest lol

I actually forgot those two existed.

Every square enix fag since they can't be bothered to play nice and have more than the bare minimum in terms of content

Sakurai stated multiple times the original 12 will always be there

>Captain Falcon
>Jigglypuff
retard

Why do people have it out for Corrin so much?
Compared to the rest of the FE cast, he is unique.
Robin and Corrin are the only ones doing FE justice, the rest are the unga bunga swordsmen everyone hates.
Ike is essentially just a Cloud clone, he can go.
Marth and Lucina are echoes, pick one to stay, the other as alts
Roy and Chrom are echoes pick one to stay the other as alts
But complaining about echoes is pointless since the can literally be removed from the roster in Ultimate and have been confirmed to not take up slots.

Attached: 1560270228272.gif (171x172, 962K)

cut all brawl, tr4sh, and Ultimate newcomers. They should just make melee HD actually.

Hell i'm pretty sure phil spencer basically gave banjo away for free, dude would be super easy to get for the next game

Just turn Marth, Roy, Chrom and Lucina into echoes so they don't take up so many slots.

He also stated multiple times that Villager will never be in and Ridley is too big

Zelda

Attached: tumblr_psycmwqywj1sxxxg5o1_1280.png (900x975, 448K)

And Ken? ;)

>Jigglypuff
Depends on if she still gets added to Pokemon games
>Dr. Mario
He still gets games so no
>Young Link
Sure. He's redundant and Young Link never appears anymore in Zelda
>Toon Link
Nope. He still gets games. He stays.
>Pichu
He still gets games. He stays.
>FIRE EMBLEM trash
I agree. Kill them all
>Palutena
Agreed. Nobody really gives a shit about her and Nintendo has no interest in another Kid Icarus
>Lucas
From a japan only game that sold average and was forgotten about 10 years ago so I agree.
>Zero Suit Samus
Yep. Not even a character, she's a fucking 5 minute long stealth section from a 15 year old GBA game. Never should've escaped Brawl.
>Shiek
Same deal as Zero Suit. Agreed.
>Falco
He still gets games

It's because of the timing Corrin was released. Since the character took up a DLC slot after Cloud and Ryu, people expected a more exciting 3rd party pick.

Instead a lot of fans see them as a walking advertisement for Fates rather than a unique character.

Only autists want to keep Jigglycunt. What a useless waste of a character.

I honestly think it’s 50/50 at this point
>either deliberately leave him out and constantly laugh at Waluigifags by rubbing it in their faces due to their behavior
or
>add him in begrudgingly with him having a mediocre move set
Either way once he’s in people will instantly move on to another meme character because the majority of Waluigifags don’t actually want him in seriously and just want a “le joke character XDD” to shout about until the next Smash game is out. Makes us real Waluigifags look like shit

>MUH ORIGINAL 12
Ok you don't seem to understand the point of a reboot. The point is to establish a NEW original core group of fighters since the original 12 don't really accurately represent Nintendo or it's history anymore.

I would try to avoid cutting anyone if it can be avoided. What I would try to do instead is make echo and clone characters alt skins like the DQ Hero to trim the roster and open up possibilities for newcomers with new moves sets and play styles.

>Mario/Dr.Mario
>Samus/Dark Samus
>Ylink/Tlink
>Pikachu/Pichu
>Peach/Daisy
>Marth/Lucina
>Roy/Chrom
>Simon/Richter
>Ryu/Ken
>Villager/Isabelle (maybe)?
>Fox/Falco/Wolf (maybe)?

I think it’s a better solution than outright cutting content from the game, but it trims the clones and bloat from the roster and maybe opens the possibility for new alts.

Only dipshits that don't understand why he was even added want him cut

But Roy was the same and those same fans begged Sakurai to bring him back for the SmashWiiU

>cut all dead franchises
>cut all FE
you can only choose one.

>Shulk (replaced with Xenoblade 3 protag)
Why? That's like replacing Marth for Lucina, or Ness for Lucas. You could argue that's a good decision at the moment but it sure won't be with that logic when the next game in the series comes out. If there's going to be only one rep in the series it should be the original main character

I hope to God Sakurai is finally resigning from the series so we can finally get rid of the FE trash

His “father” used him as a bomb killing his mother and an entire village, he found out the same asshole killed his father and kidnapped him.
That SAME asshole wants to genocide millions because it’s fun.

And yet he still fights for him and believes he can change.

He’s literally the lowest IQ protagonist in the history of videogames.

Attached: 1533208415083.png (1280x720, 2.35M)

There are 80 characters. There's no "avoid cutting characters" anymore dude. This is breaking point. Sakurai made it absolutely clear that Smash cannot continue to grow the roster any more.

What they need to do is look at who is non-essential and remove them. Characters that are just one-shot costume changes like Shiek and Zero Suit need to go, for example

Nah meleetard won't play melee HD due to muh latency, muh broken stick, etc

Roy's an odd case. Keep in mind that when he was released in Melee, nobody knew what the hell Fire Emblem was.

His game still hasn't been released in the states or remade. Instead, the "Roy's our boy" meme has popularized him into a respected character.

I'm not sure why, but generally speaking casual Smash players tend to love him.

>Royfags
lol

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

>Ness for Lucas
So that thing Sakurai was gonna do in Melee. Shulk is a retired character. He's never getting his own game again. He's had time to shine in Smash, so why would he NOT be replaced? Why does Smash need to keep him forever

None

Literally nobody should be cut
Third parties have the highest potential, especially Microsoft-owned Banjo-Kazooie

They can cut anyone, I just want Bomberman

Attached: 1553064594225.jpg (300x168, 20K)

Ok so you want smash to make no money? Cause it's too expensive to keep adding newcomers without subtracting some

practically another marth
Put to slash down marths, leave just the original one

>So that thing Sakurai was gonna do in Melee
But didn't because it'd be fucking stupid?

>Every character I don't like

Jigglypuff was added because of her popularity in the anime at the time. Literally the worst reason to add a character.

If you're refering to her function as a joke character, a joke is not worth wasting resources that could go to an actual good character. Especially when we will be losing so many characters. Jiggly's not even in the top 50. Sorry.

Incel autist

He didn't because Earthbound 64 got cancelled. Then He didn't cut Ness in brawl because replacing him with the now Japan-only Lucas would be illogical

FE.
The dead franchises are the best characters (Ness, Duck Hunt Dog, Pit, Banjo, Megaman, etc)

Making them alt skins doesn't really help when all that effectively does is cut down on colors since we are locked at 8. They still have to take time to model the character. If you really don't want based echos bloating the roster than just go into options and make them share a space with the origional.

If it makes a better game then yes,you do realize what ultimates main selling point is?they need keep it that way to not end up like masuda and gamefreak
Every character is someones main

Robin's literally an avatar. Needs to go.

People said Smash 4 was the breaking point. People said BRAWL was the breaking point.
Sakurai is a workaholic perfectionist, and will do everything in his power to avoid as many cuts as he can. The worst that will probably happen is that they won't be able to get all of the third parties back again, like Snake and Cloud

Smash can't keep the dead weight anymore dude. What do you expect?
>Hmmm sorry new important mascot we invented, we can't add you to Smash cause we need to keep room for Corrin. Corrin was added to advertise Fates
>So even though we aren't selling Fates anymore (in ten years from now), we need to keep room for him because...????

Woah someone in a smash thread being logical?

No one
Ever

Honestly if we were to keep one of the marths as retarded as it sounds it should be Lucina, she's the most wellrounded and balanced of the 4.

>If it makes a better game then yes
Boom. Smash fails to make money. Every third party pulls their character out. Smash then dies and never has a new game.
You happy?

It doesn't matters, they will never cut the original roster, they never have, never will, and have stated this multiple times.
Ultimate has so many characters because it's 4+, sharing assets allows them to just focus on new things and some mild lightning/filter changes to make it look slightly different.

A reboot means steering clear of the past 2/somewhat brawl games where the roster grew to insane numbers, because a new game means they can't reuse assets again or it would just be too jarring.
They would have to redo every single character, and then some, for a completely new game.

There's absolutely no reason to ever think that they will suddenly stop having the original 12 other than you disliking them.

Attached: 1551329850329.gif (400x361, 916K)

Once a Smash character is added, remaking them is easier than building a new one completely from scratch.

Marth is gay.

You are going to be so disappointed,,,

>they will never cut the original roster
They've never rebooted Smash Bros before. Anything is possible.

You're wasting your time with cutfags, they seethe at the idea of someone not wanting their main cut.

Suck a fucking dick nigger NOBODY uses Puff it’s a TERRIBLE SHIT NIGGER VOMIT Pokemon

Then why do characters get cut?

I get autistic with people who want to cut the Fe, xenoblade or KI characters just because they are too "anime" for they tastes.
I realy don't know why it gets me so mad.

the jews

>Wanting to cut one of the only magesxin Smash

Dr Mario, Dark Samus and Dark Pit should be PALETTE SWAPS FUCK OFF WHAT A JOKE OF A SLOT IT DEVALUES THE ENTIRE ROSTER

Attached: A21C5D52-F137-4003-A972-43C75626C9D0.jpg (800x450, 82K)

>NOBODY uses Puff
What is competitive Melee again?

>Tunic of the wild Link
wanna know how I know you have shit taste?

You do realize Jigglypuff was originally cut in Brawl but the only reason she actually made it was because the game got delayed because of Sonic right? That's why she's virtually non-existent in the Subspace Emissary.

No reason.

Except they considered cutting Jigglypuff before, she isn't safe for the next game.

Except they wont ever do that, dumb faggot. Of they reboot the core is still gonna be the original 12. No question abiut it. Especially with popular characters like C Falcon

>never will, and have stated this multiple times.
Are you new? Pretty much every newcomer in the last 5 years has been a character Sakurai said would NEVER happen. What he says doesn't count for shit.

You have the be literally autistic to want them to keep recreating the same characters over and over again instead of new characters.

Dr. Mario is classic Mario incase they ever decide to reinvent Mario, same with Dark Samus. Dark Pit is to satisfy Sakurai's autism.

>Sakurai
He won't always be around to be the head of development

I have nothing against echoes, but people seem to complain the most about them and clones.

None. People who argue for cuts are dumb.

People want to cut FE characters because they're the same insipid samey looking trash with the same looking moveset and amount to nothing more than a mild pallet swap

>Once a Smash character is added, remaking them is easier than building a new one completely from scratch.
*as long as you don't change the engine or don't move to a console that needs better assets/animations/physics/etc

Smash will get rebooted at some point. 100%

Wrong.
Sakurai didn't even know Mother 3 was Japan exclusive until Lucas was basically finished, otherwise he would never have included him to begin with.

Forgot to include pit and dark pit

>Dr. Mario is classic Mario incase they ever decide to reinvent Mario, same with Dark Samus
>Dark Pit is to satisfy Sakurai's autism.
Just make either Pit into classic Pit and you literally save Dark Pit's existence in Smash

>Except they wont ever do that, dumb faggot
source?

>There are people who actually want Rob cut from Smash

Attached: 1555885567437.jpg (750x594, 55K)

Attached: If Smash 6 is a soft reset.png (1255x739, 1.32M)

>all Pokémon except Pickachu and Jigglypuff(part me wants to keep Mewtwo but he hasn’t been fun to play since Melee)
>all 3rd parties except Banjo Kazooie(he’s practically a Nintendo character) and Snake(too much fun to play, can’t get rid of him)
>All anime characters except Marth
>Miis
>Isabelle
>Rosalina
>Ice Climbers, replace with baby Mario and baby Luigi or some other new duo, either way the ice climbers gimmick has run its course
>replace young Link with Majoras Mask Link, he uses he masks like the Pokémon trainer cycles through Pokémon
That would trim a lot of fat, go ahead and start calling me a faggot though.

Wheres you're source that they will? I have a whole franchise saying they wont, how about you? Fucking nigger

>Cut
All main characters from franchises that haven't released games in the last 5 years
>Can't cut
OG 8

I don't want him cut but do we really have room for character with no future when the roster shrinks to like 50?

>What is competitive Melee again?
A 20 year old game only still played by neckbearded virgins who have nothing in life going for them except hours spent learning glitches in said game?

a fucking joke

Those people are slotfags, they are retarded and are only right in dlc.

Holy shit what terrible opinions.

So your claim no one plays Jiggly is bullshit?

>Wheres you're source that they will?
Sakurai himself saying Ness and Jigglypuff almost got removed. Why do the OG 12 need to stay

Shit I forgot, lose Daisy, Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer and Palatena too.

>Shitcina and Robin staying over Roy
lmao. Awakening is already irrelevant and they've failed to leave their mark in the smash community as amything other than wasted slots

>50
Cute. You'd be lucky to get 30 characters if they ever did a full reboot.

Nah, people who argue to keep remaking the same characters over and over for eternity are dumb.

I don't think many will get cut, necessarily, but a few of the veterans will get bigger changes.
Not gonna include echoes or third parties in this, since they could go either way, but my cut predictions are:
>Young Link
>Sheik
>Zero Suit Samus
>Falco
>Wolf
>Pichu
>Jigglypuff
>Greninja
>Roy
>Ike
>Corrin
>Palutena
>Miis (as they are now, anyway)
>Piranha Plant

Picked the above based mainly on which characters are considered "older" or where you'd expect some level of cycling into newer characters (pokemon and FE in particular).

Banjo had ONE good game on the N64. His cameo here is nice and fun and all but there's no reason it needs to be permanent.

Attached: A2C46CA2-391F-4B5E-A585-7726FBEDA0D8.jpg (125x101, 3K)

Yeah, key word "almost". And then they didnt get removed for the next two entries. You still have no evidence.

>Melee

Take a bath

>remove all the shitty fluff and just focus on 30 absolute essential core Nintendo characters (so no anime trash)
>This also means they have room for Brawl/Melee levels of single player content
I'm down with that.

Absolutely seething

Attached: 1557045586773.jpg (300x300, 67K)

>God doesn't exist
>Where's your source that he doesn't???

Sakurai is willing to cut them, as he's directly stated

Roy is a Smash original character along with Ness, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ice Climbers, and Lucas

>part me wants to keep Mewtwo but he hasn’t been fun to play since Melee
TRUTH

>one
This meme isn’t going to catch on stevecuck, let it go.

You are the one that needs to prove shit you little faggot. We have 5 games where they haven't cut a single of the OG characters. You have yet to give a single reason this would change. You argue like a woman.

Is Smash the only franchise so full of content that people think that removing content and giving nothing else back is a good idea for a sequel? Or is it just shitposting?

But you're the one asking for evidence of a negative here?

>I don't think many will get cut, necessarily
They need to cut a huge amount if they're gonna add the usual 18-ish newcomers.

Probably less than 1% of the Smash audience. So yeah, no one. Unless you have actual autism and literally can't use the term "no one" unless it means exactly 0.0%

Roy is popular in the Smash community and Robin is not. Roy is from a good game and Robin is not.

Keep Marth, Ike and Robin. Remove all the rest of FE.

Lets be real, how insanely is the autism fallout gonna be when the next game adopts the traditional fighting game roster style and only has about 30-40 characters?

Attached: Gengar.png (750x400, 404K)

>it ends up being ONLY anime trash

>I want less characters in my game despite them already being made!
Cutfags are retarded.

Attached: 1531329408663 2.jpg (503x333, 82K)

Except I see Jiggly's all the time in Ultimate plus the fact Jiggly is in the top 5 of Melee

Why did Smash 4 cut characters?

FE only gets to have 3 slots if the roster is 50, if it’s 40 it should be just 2.

>and giving nothing else back
Ultimate is literally just Smash Online and Classic mode because there are too many fighters.

If Sakurai doesn't have to add in 80 fighters next time we can get actually cool game modes again.

It's going to be glorious

You watching Avengers
>We have 20 MCU movies where they haven't cut a single of the OG characters
>therefore it will never happen and they'll just keep using the same characters forever
You're a fucking idiot

Obviously nobody WANTS characters cut but its just inevitable.

The only reason Ultimate has so many characters is because of Smash 4, and Smash 4 itself was built off of Brawl (which was actually built off of melee too).

If they rebooted the series and started from scratch theres no way they would have anywhere near as many characters as Ultimate currently does. Its just being realistic.

Keep Marth/Ike/Robin, cut the rest
alternatively, Marth + another rep + a villain

Roy makes zero goddamn sense as an FE rep

No, a negative is a lack of something. Sakurai taking action and cutting characters is a positive.

If they won't be in a new mainline game then remove them. Easy as that.

Marth + forced shill is all we need

Because they had to split the dev time between the wii u and 3ds versions.

Yeah we're missing so many good modes from Brawl...like what exactly? Is the removal of 40 characters real worth a decent adventure mode?

It wont. The next Smash will increase the roster like every other Smash and everyone who isnt a retard will be unsurprised. What reason is there to believe that itll be smaller than Ultimate? Just speculation about Nintendos capability. People who think they can't. But they said the same shit going from Brawl to 4 as well, and 4 to ultimate.
Regardless of cuts, the end roster size WILL be larger than Ultimate, I guarantee it

The most important mode of Smash Bros is smash. Only dipshit casuals miss the bells and whistles in single player mode, which they ultimately end up playing for a week at most.

No one in the real world cares about melee you fucktard

I want every character moveset to be entirely new started from 0, Mario should drop the FLUD shit Sunshine is garbage, his moveset should be based around Cappy.

Luigi needs to use the Poltergeist.

25-30 characters max, ideally just 25, but all new with exciting movesets.

>he thinks and fe1/3 rehash that never left Japan is good
>He despises the game that saved the series
>He'd take a cancerous swordie over a based mage.
Are you actually a smoothbrain?

Mario

Yeah, you're asking for evidence of him NOT doing that

>What reason is there to believe that itll be smaller than Ultimate
Because Sakurai flat out said that the game is becoming too fucking expensive to develop

Robin actually uses more than a sword, Roy does not.
Robin actually implements the durability mechanic, a major feature of FE, Roy does not. Despite his sword having limited uses.

Okay, but here's a question: who in the world thinks a reboot is a good idea? What would a reboot even bring to justify cutting such massive amounts of content?

Robin is dogshit
>muh moveset
Fuck off. Awakening is a shitty game that should be forgotten

Every Fire Emblem character, all no name anime swordmen & half of all Pokemon creatures.

It’s weird because he sucked ass in Melee but he was still a lot of fun to use for some reason. He just felt odd.

Just look at the thread we're in right now, everyone's already seething to the mere thought of cuts and desperately trying to justify their mains staying or getting characters they don't like removed. We're not even done with the DLC for this game and they're already thinking about the next one's roster.

>What reason is there to believe that itll be smaller than Ultimate?
Logic?
The fact that more content means more time, effort, and money, which caren't just keep increasing exponentially forever?

If anything all forms of competitive online play shit should be cut, Smash is made for local play.

The platforming action levels
Boss Rush
Break the Targets
Also they can make a bunch of new game modes with the freed up budget

Just because you don't care doesn't discount it, autist
I don't even give a shit about Melee but it's clearly relevant

He says false shit all the time and goes back on it

None. There's four distinct fighters in that image. The others Lucina/Roy/Chrom are Echoes of Marth. It's a 4-in1 thing that doesn't take a real roster spot. No echo should ever be removed. Idiots.

Mario should be cut

Half of the roster should be cut, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1545508933306.png (894x894, 1.12M)

actual game modes. Why do you think a smaller roster would cause a shitstorm? Fighting games have smaller rosters all the time

You'd lose a big chunk of the playerbase at this point

That seems like a downgrade from what we have now.

keep coping luigifag

"Saved" the franchise by turning it into a hideous Shitsona esque waifu bait flesh golem? Id rather it be dead and remembered fondly. Kill yourself you nigger.

>ignore the most popular game in the franchise because I don't like it!

to be sold as later dlc mostly

>It's not like they are taking a slot from another character
Development resources are still limited and they still take up time. Sure, they might not take up "slots", but adding them in isn't free either

Because what else can they do with the franchise besides rework the gameplay and start over at this point?

Ultimate has pretty much every character people have wanted since Smash's inception. This is the peak, the series will never have this many characters again.

It's really annoying that Nintendo can't into online, or just refuses to. I LOVE beating people IRL but playing with the half second of delay online is like shoving splinters under my fingernails

Why?

You're not wrong. ATM Smash's roster is like 30% dead franchises and 30% advertisement shill shit. There's so much bloat.

remove lucina, corrin, chrom
4 reps is ok, and robin is big fun

>keep pikachu, mewtwo, and cycle in 6 new pokemon
>keep miis and add minecraft player where you can upload your own skins
>replace joke characters with new joke characters
Smash Ultimate: The Final Chapter is looking pretty based

>who in the world thinks a reboot is a good idea?
People who want Nintendo to continue existing as a profitable business?
People who want the next Smash Bros to take less than 10 years to develop?
People who don't touch half the characters anyway?
People who realise that the actual gameplay has gone downhill and needs an overhaul?

No you are

>People who don't touch half the characters anyway?
Fucking THIS. I guarantee that there are like 20+ characters that almost nobody touches. like Ridley

>and remembered fondly

Bruh literally no one cared about FE before Awakening. Best case scenario you'd just get 12 people bitching for mroe FE games like they're doing for Advance Wars

See Cutting characters to devote more time to single player modes is retarded.

Thats the same "argument" You people used to say Smash 4s roster would be smaller than Brawls. Like I said. And it wasnt true then, nor is it now. You're gonna need more than that.

Smash is more than a fighting game. Well a fighting game fan might accept cuts for balance your average casual wouldn't and would hate to see their main go.

Give marth an alternate roy skin,
Cut Lucina,Ike,chrom
Robin can stay seeing as though he represents new fe and has a moveset that is faithful to his game (fuck corrin)
Cut Toon link or Young link (and give whoever makes it in an original moveset)
and that’s it, honestly I just want fucking character revamps especially for link and mario

Jigglypuff won't get cut
She's easy to program and she's from the original n64 game

Oh, so a development limitation. Good to know.
It happened once, so I guess that means it will never happen again.

>Cutting characters to devote more time to single player modes is retarded.
says who?

The only way to take Smash Bros at this point is make it a 3D Brawler similar to Power Stone. The 2D gameplay has gotten stale.

This move will also kill the competitive smash community which is a big plus in my opinion.

There’s a reason it’s called Ultimate here and Special in Japan.

Smash needs renovation.

>splitting the time needed for development because of two separate consoles won't happen again
Yeah, it won't.

>Wii Fit
fuck she's so much fun to play, go suck a "honest" dick you faglord

>American cutlet begging japan for some representation

Which smash characters have foreskin?

>if a game isn't exactly what I want, no one else is allowed to have a game they would like

the very definition of a manchild

>People listing like 3 clones to be cut and saying that it's enough
Oh lord. You people have NO IDEA how bad things are gonna get.

Welcome to the FGC, fuckers. This is what you wanted after all.

Attached: Laffing.png (327x316, 208K)

Here is a truth without opinion but only objectivity I say

Attached: 43242.png (1006x823, 934K)

And the people who did remember it did so fondly. Now its a shitty franchise where each game is getting significantly worse reception. The characters suck ass, the design sucks ass, the gameplay sucks ass, everything awakening on except Valentia sucks ass. Robin is a boring character in awakening and he's boring in Smash
>Durr he shoots a generic set of projectiles that are only aesthetically different from others in the game dat mean he should stay
Fuck off.

Replace all of them with the Three Houses 3 lords. IIRC one has a sword, one has an axe and one has a bow right?

>People who want the next Smash Bros to take less than 10 years to develop?
Ultimate came out 4 years after Smash for Wii U. Shorter than the dev time between Brawl and Wii U.
>people who don't touch half the characters
Right let's make decisions based people who don't even play the game
>People who realise that the actual gameplay has gone downhill and needs an overhaul
This is the best playing Smash ever made. Do you play Smash or are you just a rosterfag?
I'm really impressed at how shit this post is. Well done

Wow you are dumb as fuck. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't happen.

Just think about what you are saying. You're saying that Smash 6 will have, what, 100 playable characters, all with their own trophies, stages, music, story modes, etc. And then Smash 7 will have about 125 characters? And by Smash X they should have over 200 characters?

Are you even listening to your own logic?

>Zelda, ZSS
>Clones
??

How about you look at it from Nintendo's viewpoint instead of pouting like a manbaby. One of those character`s game was really successful and one of those fighters covers a spot no other fighter really fills at the moment, and it is the same character.

>Ultimate came out 4 years after Smash for Wii U
And it only added like 6 characters, on top of being a glorified port

What do you mean by discount? It literally is played by less than 1% of the worldwide audience. It couldn't be less relevant.

>Wow just because a Unicorn hasnt teleported behind me and stabbed my taint with its horn doesnt mean it isnt gonna happen in the future!

Did you retards seriously think we'd just keep getting newcomers forever? Did you fucking expect Smash 10 to have like 400 fighters?

Attached: 282036.jpg (558x614, 18K)

That is a mistake but now it's too late

Attached: 1401300016564.png (469x361, 110K)

I don't anyone gone, but if I had to, they would be:

>Joker
>Incineroar
>Isabelle
>Richter (I would include him as an alt for Simon along with other Castlevania protags like they did with The Heroes from DQ)
>WiiFit trainer
>Lucas
>Roy (and Chrom by proxy, even though I do like Chrom)
>Dr Mario
>Jigglypuff
>Greninja
>Lucario
>Either Toon Link or Young Link
>The Hero

lol

Says everyone who realizes single player modes don't contribute to a fighting games longevity. Even if you consider Smash a party game, people are DEFINITELY not playing homerun contest at the party.

Jigglypuff was the original advertising/character-of-the-month selection

Prove me wrong

>THEY DO WHAT I SAY!!!
Off yourself retard.

>>Durr he shoots a generic set of projectiles that are only aesthetically different from others in the game dat mean he should stay

>Meanwhile Roy who is literally just Marth 2.0 is okay

Seething Nostalgiafag

>isabelle
Nigger WHAT? She's one of Nintendo's most used mascots.
>Lucario
Lol Pikachu 2 is never getting removed from anything

The rest I agree with

II actually wouldn't mind this. Them going back to the 64/Melee style of gameplay,with actual aerial momentum, techskill, maybe a story mode like Brawl, etc but cutting a lot of characters.

>Chrom, Lucina, Corrin for FE because Fates/Awakening pandering is over and Robin is the only fun and unique character to come of it
>Maybe keep one of the Marth clones instead of Roy and give them a unique moveset. Probably Lucina.
>Toon Link is cut and Young Link gets a unique moveset with different items or masks
>Pichu, Lucario, and Jiggs because they're derivative or shit
>Either Greninja or Incineroar
>Dork Pit and Palutena because fuck Sakurai
>Cut Mac or rework him so he isn't nonexistent in the air and stupid on the ground
>Miis lol
>Doc is reduced to a costume and Mario gets the best of both versions
>Piranha is cut for an actual character
>Joker is cut because P5 shilling is over
>Echoes busted down to costumes

Yes, Smash is the most important part. Not some arbitrary list of slots that need to be filled.
Smash 64 and Melee were actually Smash games, even without 80 characters, believe it or not.

Ok but how do you translate directional attacks to 3D? Now you've got 6 different directions + neutral you have to attack in but a stick can only represent 4 directions + neutral

Ultimate upped the roster from 58 to 74 base roster. That's 16 characters not counting the 5 DLC.

And yet far more people play Roy in Ultimate, and far more played him in 4 too. Unique doesnt mean good. Marth is a good base regardless of opinion on cloning.

>Body type made sense to be a Kirby derivative
>Already super popular before smash

Less justification than a lot of other characters, admittedly. Whether she should stay depends on if you think being in smash means you should stay forever or not.

>25-30 characters max, ideally just 25, but all new with exciting movesets.
If Nintendo want to sell this without people sperging out they're going to have to at least include create-a-character or something dumb like that

>far more played him in 4 too
(lol

What is the point of this post? Like what's your actual argument?

>cutting characters
children

Jiggly fell in line more with being a clone character they could easily push out, half her moves in N64 are Kirby's shit.

More people play Roy because he's easy as fuck, that's it. Robin has the highest skill floor of the FE characters which is why they're the least used.

To make room for better characters, yes. Hording holds the roster back.

They did. If You actually knew people you might realuze this. No one wants to play as the slowest character in the game whose only positive trait is shooting projectiles and who gets destroyed once he's hit one time.

Only children want absolutely everyone in there for some Mortal Kombat Armageddon style mess

>Ultimate came out 4 years after Smash for Wii U. Shorter than the dev time between Brawl and Wii U.
Because it's literally a deluxe version of Smash 4. It literally uses the same assets. Not a new game.

>Right let's make decisions based people who don't even play the game
I GUARANTEE that the usage statistic would show that the MAJORITY OF PLAYERS stick to a handful of characters, try out a few every once in a while, and have some they don't even get around to trying.

>This is the best playing Smash ever made. Do you play Smash or are you just a rosterfag?
Melee has the best physics/speed and everyone knows it.

I'm really impressed how much time you wasted making empty points.

>Lucina
CUT
>Roy
CUT
>Chrom
CUT
>Robin
CUT
>Corrin
CUT
>Dark Pit
CUT
>Dark Samus
CUT
>Zero Suit Samus
CUT
>Dr. Mario
CUT
>Falco
CUT
>Wolf
CUT
>Daisy
CUT
>Bayonetta
CUT
>Jigglypuff
CUT
>Pichu
CUT
>Lucas
CUT
>Young Link
CUT
>Toon Link
CUT
>Game & Watch
CUT
>R.O.B
CUT
>Duck Hunt
CUT
>Wii Fit Trainer
CUT
>Villager
CUT
>3 Miis
CUT
>Ridley
CUT

Also cut either Greninja or Lucario they both look the same.

Replace all the cut Swordies FE garbage with Isaac/Felix, Crono and Tidus.

Waluigi needs to be in too.

Attached: E4A18772-DB04-47A7-9995-4FD7A37BA0A6.png (645x773, 10K)

full moveset reworks is the only way I think anyone would accept a Smash game with DEEP CUTS
that and making the next smash mechanically unique in someway, reinvent the series so that it's totally new
but it would be a shame to let Ultimate and EVERYONE fall behind. It's not a perfect game, but it's fucking beautiful having everyone
I'd love if they just did Ultimate Ultra Super Arcade Edition with more characters and reworked movesets for the bottom tier characters

>Robin has the highest skill floor
DUDE DOWN THROW INTO UP AIR SIDE B INTO UP AIR XD SO MUCH SKILL

This

>You can't complain about unique characters because they're unique, so it doesn't matter if they take up dev time
>You can't complain about clone characters because they don't take up dev time

I hope DQ stays in the next game, while I'm not a fan of the series I understand how big it is and it deserves to be in smash for at least 2 games

> MORE CHARACTER GOOD
Fuck all those WHO think this way, more characters are the reason we lost all this in Ultimate

> Trophies
> Break the targets
> Home-run contest
> Masterpieces
> Event mode
> A proper Stadium mode
There is barely any single player content in Ultimate because they spend all the time on the characters. This is unacceptable, we need cuts so we can get stuff like trophies and proper single player back.

Attached: 1553393195003.png (1280x960, 477K)

>Ridley
>CUT
SEETHING

Nobody played Roy in 4, what are you on?

That alone is more complex than anything the other FE characters have to do. Not even mentioning the tome and leven sword management.

The only characters that are hard cuts for the next smash are Cloud and the Hero due to SE's jewery.
If they come back at all it'll be as DLC, because that's how they can squeeze the most profit out of them.

Yeah because the only way that the development of a game can be negatively effected is if they make it on two consoles.
There's definitely no other ways. That's definitely the only one. Fucking why did they try to make Half Life 3 on PC AND Gamecube? If only they knew what you know...

Yes yes nice memes but he LITERALLY looks retardedlt big in-game, it just doesn’t work.

Each franchise should only have no more than 4 or 5 reps

Ok so lets say the next game is a reboot with a flat roster of 30 characters. Remember: this is a reboot. They're picking EVERYONE from scratch. There's no veteran special treatment here. Who do you think they'd choose?

>Mario
>Luigi
>Bowser
>Yoshi
>Pikachu
>Charizard
>[shillmon]
>Link
>Zelda
>Ganondorf
>Kirby
>Dedede
>Olimar
>Isabelle
>Fox
>Falco
>Samus
>Ridley
>Donkey Kong
>Diddy Kong
>Wario
>Spring Man
>Inkling
>Marth
>Little Mac
>[Xenoblade3 protag]
>[NEW FRANCHISE rep]
>Bayonetta
>Cloud Strife
>Pac-Man

You're trying to force the one time scenario of 4's development onto every future smash release.

By being creative.
You know, Sakurai's favorite thing in the world?

Half of that was copy-pasted DLC characters from 4, mate

>It literally is played by less than 1% of the worldwide audience
Got anything to back that up?

>Captain Falcon
>Duck Hunt
>ROB
>K.Rool
>Dark Samus
>Zero Suit Samus
>Palutena
>one shot

Yeah because development resources are the same as a unicorn.

FIne. Whatever. Believe that Smash 9 will have 200 characters. They'll just never cut characters haha

>Melee has the best physics/speed and everyone knows it.
Melee has 6 viable characters and these days only matters to tourneyfags.
>try out a few every once in a while, and have some they don't even get around to trying
Nothing you said refutes my point that it's a stupid idea to cede game design choices to people who don't play the game. And your argument is even worse because it fails to realize that EVERY character has someone who mains them. You say "Nobody plays X" I'll show you 1000 who do.
>Because it's literally a deluxe version of Smash 4. It literally uses the same assets. Not a new game.
>it's a port
Let's not resort to delusion now

>Jigglypuff
>CUT
no

I hate cutfags. The only cuts we'll have are 3rd party that are hard to deal with. I doubt Cloud or Snake will get back in. The only other option I see is reducing Fire Emblem by making current characters alternate costumes, like Olimar and Alph.

Attached: Baby Grinch.jpg (304x366, 31K)

Sorry did I ONLY say one shots?

>things nobody touched more than once
yeah, i'd trade that for the important part of the game to be better too

This, cut Snake, bring Bomberman. Nobody gave a shit about Snake until 1998

Cut
>Lucina
>Chrom
>Corrin
>Robin
>Daisy
>Piranha
>Joker
>Dark Pit(costume for pit)
>Doc Mario(costume for mario)
>Lucas
>Dark Samus
>Greninja
>Lucario
>Toon Link
>Young Link(Or merge Toon as costume into one char based off Young Link)
>Little Mac(or redesign him so he actually works)
>Pichu
>Richter
>Cloud
>Bayonetta
Keep the rest

>Today, I'ma playa one.

Attached: luigi-evil.jpg (600x849, 85K)

>Waluigi
Wanna know how I know you are trolling?

Pichu, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake are all drastically different from their last appearance. 58 includes the DLC characters

Well, you seem to be saying that characters shouldn't be cut because SMASH is the most important part of the game.
I'm saying that yes, you are correct about the latter, but those two things are not mutually exclusive. SMASH can still be SMASH whether it has 18 or 36 or 75 characters. The number of characters (and hence the cuts) is not important.

If any of you think Ridley or K. Rool are done you're going to be disappointed.

Well, you seem to be saying that characters shouldn't be cut because SMASH is the most important part of the game.
I'm saying that yes, you are correct about the latter, but those two things are not mutually exclusive. SMASH can still be SMASH whether it has 18 or 36 or 75 characters. The number of characters (and hence the cuts) is not really important.

>Nobody gave a shit about Snake until 1998
No shit?

So... what is your point? How do you convince someone to buy any Smash game over Ultimate if all you can do is tell them "It's still smash, but with less content!"

Lucina
Roy
Chrom
Corrin
Daisy
Dr.Mario
Dark Pit
Greninja
Lucario
Miis
Young Link
Ken
Richter
Joker

I'd consider WFT too because that character is pretty irrelevant right now, but she's unique and based.

Not trolling, Waluigi deserve it’s own 2D Platformer/Brawler series and to be in Smash.

Solid zoomers deserve death Imagine not knowing about Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

I'm not sure if Snake is actually hard to deal with now that Kojimbo has fucked off for good. They aren't going to do much with Metal Gear in the future so might as well lend Snake out for crossover appearances. If you can get Simon back you can probably get Snake back as well.

Watch Dragon Quest get as much shit as Castlevania.

If we assume Sakurai is going to be a cuthungry monster.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-20 Smash Ultimate Tier List Maker - Create Smash Ultimate Tier List.png (1252x587, 1.47M)

>Anything that takes up dev time needs to be complained about
>Anything that doesn't take up dev time needs to be complained about
No winning with you niggers.

Rosterfags are huge faggots.
>Gameplay doesn't matter, series representation is more important!
>By which I mean to represent the series I like and stop including ones I don't
Fuck off.

There we go.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x1103, 1.19M)

>the people who care and yell the most are usually the people who barely or don't even play the fucking game
Mark my words, almost nobody is going to be playing Banjo about 2 weeks after he drops. They just want to chase the next hype high.

Attached: 1547452111868.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>Melee has 6 viable characters and these days only matters to tourneyfags.
Nope. I hate tourneyfags but I can agree that Melee had the best balance of speed, momentum, and reactivity. Ever since Brawl, the gameplay has been too floaty and weak.

>Nothing you said refutes my point that it's a stupid idea to cede game design choices to people who don't play the game. And your argument is even worse because it fails to realize that EVERY character has someone who mains them. You say "Nobody plays X" I'll show you 1000 who do.
Uh I am talking about people who play the game. Are you being autistic and saying that you aren't really playing the game unless you play as every character? Because THAT is stupid.
Even more stupid is the idea that they should keep developing things just because one or two people use them. You would not be a good game director.

>Let's not resort to delusion now
How is it delusion? Like you said, it took them a record time to make Smash U, and it isn't because they gave everyone cocaine and suddenly became like Bradley Cooper in Limitless. It's because they reused assets. I thought that was pretty obvious.

It's funny how you people think Smash is going to get some reboot that sacrifices a ton of characters to change up the gameplay. Most smashfags only care about the roster and don't give a fuck about the gameplay, because they're fucking shallow. Just look at how obsessed they are about predictions and leaks. People go apeshit over characters from games they don't even play, just because of the meme of everyone asking for those character for years. All they care about is chatacter hype. Only competitive fags care about the gameplay. Sakurai knows this and he's not going to piss everyone off by going through with it despite always talking about cutting characters.

haha epic, fuck anime, am I right? ex dee

We shouldn't be wanting clones, you idiots.

Lucina, Lucas, Dark Pit, Richter, Daisy, Ken, Isabelle and Dark Samus should be skins, like Alph/Koopalings are

Some characters are too iconic to Smash Bros to be cut regardless of relevancy. They're extremely popular and among the highest played in any game they're in
>C. Falcon
>Ganondorf
>Ness
>Roy
Are gonna stay in a reboot purely off of this. Other than them, the relevant icons or "series reps" would be
>Mario
>Link
>Samus
>Marth
>Pikachu
>Donkey Kong
>Kirby
Then we need a villain for each of these core franchises
>Bowser
>Dorf already here
>Ridley
>New FE villain possibly Black Knight
>Mewtwo
>K Rool
>Dedede
Then core supporting characters such as
>Luigi
>Zelda
>Peach
>Diddy Kong
>Meta Knight
And so on. Leaving rougly 10-15 slots for brand new wild cards or iconic 3rd parties like Simon, Sonic and Pac.

copy pasting marth with small changes probably doesn't really take too much of their time

>Trophies
These are probably gonna stay cut even with less character, Nintendo doesn't want to make 3D models that do nothing.
>Break the Target
It's fun but no one ever replays them more than once.
>Home-run contest
>Proper Stadium Mode
Those decisions are independent of the character size.
>Event Mode
That's basically what WoL is.
>Masterpieces
No one cares.

The only thing I will give you is All Stars.

Characters aren't the only content

Rosterfags I guess just don't understand the wealth of expression and personality each new character brings and more characters literally means more ways to play Smash. I think adding Steve to Smash is a stupid idea but I would still play him because he would be a new way to play. So when they talk about who "deserves" to stay in it's retarded because all they're doing is taking away gameplay from people who actually enjoy playing the game.

You're trying to say that they only had development issues once, and this proves they will never have development issues in the future.
Pure delusion.

Pretty based. I disagree with one or two cuts but I could live with this

make marth, lucina, roy, and chrom into 1 fighter

>FUCK UNIQUE FIGHTERS I WANT ROY

>I hate cutfags
Then you hate reality.

t. Zoomers

>Ike is essentially just a Cloud clone, he can go.

How can Ike be a clone of Cloud when he came first? Also getting rid of Cloud would get rid of all the hassle that Square-Enix caused in the first place.

>How do you convince someone to buy any Smash game over Ultimate
Uh, by making a good game?

>unique means good durr
A character with no moves is unique too.

Cutfags are actually just Steve and Reimu fags trying to crash the ship with no survivors because they’re autismo

not counting echoes because whatever very little dev time consumed

first party:
>pichu
>young link
>roy
>wii fit trainer
>mii fighters
>robin
>corrin
>incineroar
>falco
>toon link
>phirana plant
>dr. mario
>sheik (I believe she will finally be replaced by impa)

third party:
>joker (first character on the chopping block)
>Hero
>cloud
>really any of them could go, third parties don't matter as much as first parties

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 55K)

>"keep" category has a wide array of colorful characters
>"cut" is dominated by swords and capes
ARR ROOK SAME

Well then it's a good thing that characters like Robin have moves, you fucking roytard.

Jigglypuff was going to be cut in Brawl
But faggot Sonic saved her ass

Doc and Roy are essentially echoes though.

>please please dont cut out my counter sword dancing up b slashing character!!!

I kept Marth. Fire Emblem either needs an axe and spear rep to go with their sword rep or only one rep for the entire franchise.

This is a good list except for jigglypuff/isabelle. Jigs is a shit character but the originals are untouchable. Isabelle is also in hardcore shill category

>cutting Robin, Ike, and Corrin
>cutting Joker and Bayonetta
>cutting Shulk

None of them, just port it, tweak the engine and add more content. Casual zoomies aren't going to buy the game if it cuts like half the characters, that's always been the main appeal.

>Rosterfags I guess just don't understand the wealth of expression and personality each new character brings and more characters literally means more ways to play Smash.
Literally everyone understands this.
But it seems like you don't understand that there are limits as well. Devoting more time to recreating old characters means less new characters, less new content, and longer development times.
That's not even counting the cost of balancing all those characters on the actual quality of the gameplay.
"More" is not always the answer. Just sometimes.

>Compared to the rest of the FE cast, he is unique.
yeah and I don't like him
and robin is also unique and better

>currently have a character that actually uses tomes and sticks to the weapon durability
>cut him
You make zero sense.

>b-but ROY!!
Why are Robiniggers alwaya trying to deflect onto other characters? Robin is a huge waste of resources, face it.

>Even more stupid is the idea that they should keep developing things just because one or two people use them.
The idea is that generally for game sequels you give people improvements over the previous game, not make it worse. Making the game Melee again is making it worse.
>You would not be a good game director
I'm not the one thinking "get rid of stuff and give nothing else back" is a good idea for a sequel.
Every existing character got touch ups, new animations, balance changes, etc. They added a (too) long adventure mode and made 1000s of event matches with the spirits system. Yes they're bringing over existing assets because it's stupid to reinvent the wheel for every new game but almost every character got touch-ups. It's a new game

Read the reply chain, roytard.

disagreed, especially with modern roy

But it's literally the opposite. Autismos want to crash the development of future Smash games just so they can have their complete lists of characters (half of which they don't even use).

Marth and Roy were only added to push fire emblem in the west.

Robin or Marth, which one do you want to keep? I'm only allowing one FE sword user and Marth is more iconic.

i don't feel like any of the original 12 will be cut

>You're not allowed to complain about FE characters under any circumstances

I'm sorry I have standards above "oooh waifu me want fuck"

Attached: 1555519211169.jpg (767x730, 70K)

i kinda hope we keep a Mii character for the next game even if it's more of an amalgamation of Mii game stuff

Nobody will.

Attached: D7h6ey_XsAEJJ-c.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

>people ITT wanting to cut R.O.B

why?

mii chracters are trash. shittiest movesets, worst looking, take up most of the development time. Also if it wasn't for these shit heaps, we would get costumes for characters instead of them like blue crawfish toon link

Cut all FEs except the Melee duo. Cut all official echoes if we're making new models and textures/anims here. Cut half the Pokemon. Cut all non-Nintendo important 3rd parties(IE keep Simon, Sonic, Megaman etc but not Cloud,Bayo etc). Cut Lucas, fuck him. Cut wii fit. Cut Isabelle. Cut some Mario chars like BJ and Piranha. I think that oughta be pretty good

>half of robins moves use tomes and magic
>HURF ONLY ONE SWORD
Fucking autist.

Getting rid of old shit to make room for new has been the standard until Ultimate.

Brawl and Smash 4 had over 15 unique newcomers at launch each. Unless if you count echoes (lol) Ultimate has had 6.

of course I'm going to want to get rid of shitty characters who had no justification in being in the game in the first place like Palutena, especially if it means I'll get a character I'll like in return, at the very least someone that deserves to be in the game.

Smash Ultimate is the best in the series. How do you make a game better? What do you give to justify taking away content?
Them and the stages are the most important content. Not only, but they're the ones that matter most.
The development for these existing characters has already been done. Bringing them into a new game represents significant less development time than creating a completely new character. That's also why echo fighters don't take as much time either. Balancing is important but it can also be a pipe dream. There will always be a best character and worst character in the game. Chasing it too much just results in shit like the endless Symmetra reworks in Overwatch

Robin is boring and shit. He's a cut, end of story.

>is one of the only people in the Smash roster to use magic as the main focus of their attacks
>actually utilizes the unique durability system Fire Emblem is known for
>is the main character of a game that was many, many fans first FE game, and the game that saved the series from cancelation
>is a cute girl

Even if Smash went down to only 12-15 characters, Robin would deserve a spot.

Attached: 3b64cb49594e078d9f304436cf395ae7.jpg (235x296, 13K)

Shit character nobody wanted, we could have got someone like Isaac or Ray instead

somehow I don't think cutting Miis will give your favorite characters more costumes but whatever you say
also brawler is a fucking blast to play so idk what you're on about with "shittiest movesets"

Attached: be careful who you call ugly in middle school.png (250x151, 45K)

>Roy
>Doesn't need stats when you got sick strats in his game
>One hit killed a dragon with his legendary holy sword
>Absolutely fucked his milf teacher

>Robin
>Gets possessed by a dragon. Can't even kill it in one hit.
>Probably cucked/fucked by Chrom(?,) aka discount Roy in Smash
>Responsible for the worst timeline for FE including Fates which ended up in Nintendo splitting the game in half and Three Houses looking like shit

Get fucked, Robin-fags.

Attached: 1550303130485.jpg (860x1429, 254K)

>>all 3rd parties except Banjo Kazooie(he’s practically a Nintendo character) and Snake(too much fun to play, can’t get rid of him)
Literal subjectiveness.
Ryu and Ken are far more fun than projectile spamming stage control.

nobody who owns a switch knows what the fuck a ROB is

>Bringing them into a new game represents significant less development time than creating a completely new character
this only applies to ultimate which heavily reused assets. If you keep going down this road, you get shit like pokemon sword and shield which still uses assets from X/Y

>and the game that saved the series from cancelation
Judging by Awakening, Fates, #FE, and Three Houses? The series would be better off if it had been canceled.

Why?

> Smash Ultimate is the best in the series
Imagine unironically believing this. Fucking zoomers I swear

>Make echoes alt skins
That's practically what they already are. I'll never understand this idea. Like, do you guys honestly think that Dark Pit or Lucina took up practically any dev time? The only difference between Daisy and an alt skin is that she has a slot on the CSS.

>The idea is that generally for game sequels you give people improvements over the previous game
Exactly, and you can't seem to get it through your thick skull that "Number of characters" isn't the only way to improve a game.
My god, how do you play like any sequel where anything is different? Do you have an aneurysm when the bad guys change or the protagonist is a different character than last time?

>I'm not the one thinking "get rid of stuff and give nothing else back" is a good idea for a sequel.
Err, no one's thinking that. The purpose of cutting characters would be to spend that development time/energy on improving the gameplay and content and modes. E.g. things other than the one thing you have your mind set on.

>Every existing character got touch ups, new animations, balance changes, etc. They added a (too) long adventure mode and made 1000s of event matches with the spirits system. Yes they're bringing over existing assets because it's stupid to reinvent the wheel for every new game but almost every character got touch-ups. It's a new game
And so your vision for the future of Smash is to just make little touch ups every time? Please forgive people if they want to see more from their favorite franchise.

>4 moves
>Half of 15
Robinfags are retards

the point is too much development time is wasted on these shitty non-characters

Stop with the originals bullshit. Jigglypuff is worthless.

MG1&2 weren't anything special

If Joker gets to be in smash literally anyone can be in smash.

As far as pokemon goes
>pikachu is pikachu
>jiggs
I feel like not being cut in Brawl sealed its fate as part of the roster forever.
>Mewtwo
Almost certainly staying. Still wildly popular. People bitched to high heaven when it was cut.
>Pichu
Probably gone, nobody outside of Japan was begging for it to return (and they almost elusively asked for vets to return anyway), redundant with pikachu.
>Trainer
Hate to admit is as a squirtlefag, but I think we'll go back to the smash 4 model of solo zard.
>Lucario
One of the only post gen 1 pokemon to become immensely popular. Still shilled to high heaven, probably staying.
>Greninja
Another of the only post gen 1 pokemon to become immensely popular, but it's not as big of a deal as it used to be and didn't get a shot in the arm like lucario did in gen 6 (Ash-greninja was introduced in the anime before the games). I'd give it a 50/50 shot.
>Incineroar
If the roster gets any significant trimming I just can't see the cat staying. It doesn't have the massive popularity that the others do. Still, seems like a waste to throw out after one game, but they've done it before. Not much else to say.
I was agreeing with you. Having a couple is fine but having them all lined up like that really demonstrates why people complain about them.

>That one delusional Robinfag in this thread desperately trying to convince people not to cut him
lmao at your life my man.

Fucking wanker with no personality and feels like a stiff piece of dogshit to play as

ftfy

Attached: ssb6 returning characters.png (1012x587, 1015K)

t. Zoomer

>Like, do you guys honestly think that Dark Pit or Lucina took up practically any dev time?

"Echo fighters aren’t simple reskins. First, we give them their own taunts and victory animations. Then, we adjust their abilities and parameters as necessary. Many people also overlook the artwork. Each piece features a given character in their standing pose, and each one undergoes a slew of tiny revisions–but it doesn’t end there. We then have to create a total of eight palette swaps for those artworks. I don’t think there are many other games that feature artwork that changes colors like that."

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76926959

>Still seething
and they say we didn't win

it's more apparent now than ever due to how much reused content was used for ultimate from 4. Hell, something even look worse like DK's fur or Shulk's face

Fuck off, your waifu is shit, Robin is dogshit.

holy shit i didn't realise roy and femcorrin were the only ones with different expressions

tbf he also uses magic for his jab enders
that's...that's only 6, so not much better

This is how the reboot's roster would look like, I believe.

Attached: RosterReboot.png (528x220, 199K)

>Three Houses looking like shit
I don't think so, Tim. Three Houses will SAVE this franchise for both the Awakening fans AND the traditional fans.

Considering how you assholes complain about Hector or Lyn not being in the game, you practically "lost"

Oh no... palette swaps...
Probably took like a week or two

>As many FE chars as Mario chars in keep
FEniggers are a god damn plague. Fuck them

yes, but there's a clear precedence set. If it was up to me, jigglypuff would be the first to get cut after joker/incineroar

ken and richter should have priority over marth clones

I think we'd have a different 3rd party instead of Mega Man but yeah, this is pretty accurate

>Literally the first sentence says they aren't just pallete swaps
>MUH PALLET SWAPS

Yes, mate. The thing is, back then it was only 30 characters, or 50 characters. We are now passing 80, which means that, going by your expectations, Smash 6 will have over 100 characters. Then Smash 7 will have, what, 150 characters? When does it stop? When do they try to improve other things than just the number of slots on the select screen?

>
>3 FES, Robin
In a roster that size only Marth deserves to be in.

>Mario, Luigi, Bowser
>Marth
???

And yet people still like them, outside of the bubble that is the comp community Miis are considered fun additions that are enjoyable to mess with
it's why they weren't cut or just ported to Ultimate, but instead reworked (especially Brawler)

> TWO ANIMAL CROSSING SHIT
> No Xenoblade
> No Punch-Out
Fuck off zoomer

Any clone or echo. Especially Falco and Ganondorf. If he can significantly change their moves to be different from the original character, than they can stay. For example, have Ganon be his Wind Waker or LttP version. And give Falco some unique aerial skills and have him focus on that, rather than just being Fox with slightly different gun and timing.

>should cut
>Inkling

Attached: De8X_DzUEAIEkzq.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

>getting rid of Ness, C.Falcon and Jigglypuff

Attached: Vomit.jpg (680x680, 85K)

All that matters is characters and multiplayer.
Single player in smash has always been a swallow collect a thon,
Having classic as just the arcade mode is all that's needed, autist.
Sorry you have no friends or locals to go too.

>cut wolf over falco
no, only reason this even happened was because wolf was rushed to high hell in brawl

Those are dumb oldfags, they don't count and aren't apart of our victory.

>isn't the only way to improve a game
L I K E H O W
I'm all for improving the game outside of adding more characters but the only thing cutfags can do is pretend cutting characters will MAGICALLY lead to a better game. Or they suggest stupid shit like more emphasis on single player. What improvement to the Smash experience would YOU bring? What MORE do you want to see from the franchise?
I've been playing since 64. Melee is a dead game for people still bitter about brawl.

>no PacMan, Banjo and Kazooie, Ridley, K. Rool, and breaking up Pokemon Trainer again
Shit sucks.

Oh sorry, taunt animations...
Could still do in a week

>Implying Nintendo cares about Punch-Out
But yeah, I forgot about Xenoblade, though I don't know who between Isabelle and the Villager they would cut.
Also Xenoblade IS zoomer-core contrary to animal crossing, little nigger.

>Inkling, Isabelle, fucking Robin
>Over actual Icons like Simon
Kill yourself

>I'm sorry I have standards above "oooh waifu me want fuck"
t.splatoon poster

Take a bath you stinky rosternigger.

Oh yeah and peach. So even if you're including "Should keep" as "Keep" then it still falls flat. Fucking retard.
>Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser
>Marth, Ike, Robin

They almost cut Jigglypuff in Brawl, faggot.

You can thank Sonic for saving her.

>nintendo is going to cut characters that they own the complete rights to after the shit show that was roy and lucas being forced to return in smash 4
the only cut characters will be third parties

>Boomers think all they're old shit won't get cut when the reboot happens
lol you idiots brought this upon yourself

>all of these post wants to cut human characters
Surprise surprise most smashfags are furries, no wonder most of them are autists

I would cut all of this in an upcoming Smash reboot. They are a waste of development time and should have never been added

Attached: my-image.png (957x266, 370K)

Literally just Chrom, Lucina and Corrin.

I was a bit so-so on the starfox characters. I think two of them should stay and the third should be an alt color, but I don't really know which way it should be (other than the obvious "keep fox")

I doubt there would be 8 worthy newcomers without scraping the bottom of the barrel, unless the next smash comes out well over a decade from now.

>Falco
>Still gets games

Kek we will never see another Star Fox game as long as I live. Screencap this.

>get rid of Captain Falcon but keep G&W

Attached: 1555174650155.png (303x311, 181K)

Xenoblade is a part of the Xeno series, which began in the 90's, AC is zoomer baby crap compared to it

Here's my radical idea:

>Cut NOBODY (because we have enough space for every character, and every character is loved by at least one player. Yes, even Dark Pit)
>No new Echo Fighters for future games (I'd say include them if there's strong enough differentiation between them and their base character, but if that's the case, they may as well be a new fighter)

Also, R.O.B. is GOAT and haters can sit on his gyro spinner.

Attached: ssb4_rob.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

>Believing that K. Rool and Ridley deserve a spot in an almost guaranteed reboot when it took them five games to get in
>Believing they'll both keeping Squirtle and Ivysaur for a reboot
The only point you guys made is about Pac-Man.
I know you fuckers are not that bright but come on, you're making it too obvious.

>Cutting characters based on if they are relevant in games or iconic rather than if they bring anything unique to the table based on moveset.

The only characters that should ever be looked at to be cut should be the ones that are pretty much just clone characters with tiny changes such as Lucina is to Marth. Characters like ZSS and Rob being cut would be direct hits to the diversity of play styles the character roster has.

Splatoon? The franchise that already outsold every FE combined? KEK.

>Cutting Marth and Robin instead of Chrom
Literal empty-skulled fucking nigger

>muh sales
Typical of Splatoon posters for not being able to read.
Rent Free.

G&W is the oldest Nintendo character in the roster, he is at least iconic in that sense.
Captain Falcon is really only remembered for Smash Bros nowadays, same for Ness and to an extent Banjo

>Smash Ultimate is the best in the series.
Wrong.
>How do you make a game better?
Improve the gameplay. Change up he way you play. Make it more intricate. Get creative.
Things you can't really do if you're goal is to just recreate the past but with more characters.

>Them and the stages are the most important content. Not only, but they're the ones that matter most.
Nah, gameplay is the most important. The actual fighting systems. Then modes. Then characters and stages.

>The development for these existing characters has already been done. Bringing them into a new game represents significant less development time than creating a completely new character.
That's not true. Bringing Jigglypuff from 64 to Melee required a complete overhaul of her moves, a new model and animations, fucking new everything. Same with Melee to Brawl, and Brawl to 4.
Everytime you change game engine, you need to rebuild the characters. everytime you move to a console that requires higher fidelity, you need to recreate the characters. Models, animations, physics, everything.

I'm now beginning to understand why you have this irrational belief that there will never be cuts. It's because you fundamentally don't understand game development.

I don't feel that strongly either way about inkling. I don't think it's a fun character to play as or against, I don't feel it adds anything interesting to the roster. and it's only really there to rep a mediocre series. But I wouldn't kick up a fuss if it stayed.

>m-m-muh moveset
No one cares retard. Robin isnt unique.

>Ganon who is still essentially slow Falcon still on the roster
>Better have Falcon instead of a completely unique character
How's that 0.5 int treating ya

Reminder that cutting the Captain himself is the most egregious thing you could do

Attached: Falcon.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>>is one of the only people in the Smash roster to use magic as the main focus of their attacks
Uhhh how about just get a better character with actual personality, and give them the magic attacks?

>>muh sales

So you're arguing that FE fans, at no point in time, have ever cared about sales?

Captain Falcon is also consistently among the most popular characters because he's fun to play. He is never getting cut

Ganon would get a complete rework to be unique in a reboot

>jrpg characters
>personality

don't worry he'll stay as a mii costume

Which is ironic, because even doing this, Sword and Shield has had to cut hundreds of pokemon.

>Roy is from a good game
Binding Blade was an absolutely awful game. It was a shitty prototype for FE7 and Sacred Stones, packaged alongside a narrative that was just a discount version of Marth's story. Did you even play it?

>Roy is a mandatory unit but spends 99% of the game being worthless
>even by the standards of FE6's abysmal unit selection, Roy is still bad
>100% of the game if you don't unlock the real ending
>which is locked behind gaiden maps
>reinforcements that move immediately
>terrain bonuses for thrones are insane, making bosses far more tedious than they should be
>ridiculous thrones on top of every map being a seize map
>which also requires you to lug Roy's useless ass around for the whole game

Attached: 1490656484273.jpg (468x414, 57K)

Only because gamefreak is retarded and bloats the game to 5x the size it's meant to be
FIFTY LILLIES

Here I solved the FE rep crisis
>Marth
OG lord, represents old Japan only Fire Emblem. Staple character in Smash

>Roy
Represents the west's growing interest in Fire Emblem and the GBA era. From Smash4 onwards he's been given the semi-clone treatment and is a fan favorite character in Smash

>Ike
Represents Fire Emblem's Gamecube/Wii/DS era. Fills the big 2handed swordsman trope since Cloud is undoubtedly getting cut next game

>Robin
Represents modern Fire Emblem and the main character of the game that saved the series. A unique mage character that displays the game's magic and durability mechanics

>precedence
You mean how Jigglypuff was literally cut from Brawl until the last moment due to sheer luck?

I have constructed the core roster, these are the original 12, main or origin point characters of their series, their rivals, and/or immensely popular characters. No third party is safe IMO. I debated on Wii Fit and mewtwo but ultimately I don't think they're core.

Attached: smash core roster.png (2164x628, 1.75M)

This would be the only way I'd be fine with a reboot, characters like Samus and Ganon need a complete kit reboot.

imo

Attached: Z4B6TJq.jpg (952x851, 750K)

yes, hence creating/upholding the precedence

>zelda

>Zelda
>Ganondorf
>Ganon
>Skull Kid
Those would be the magic users in a perfect roster

>What MORE do you want to see from the franchise?
I'd like to see them take it to the next level. Add 3d elements to the fights. Powerstone style.

This is the most based roster yet

Attached: 1560010307784.gif (287x344, 72K)

I don't see how mewtwo isn't core if Ridley and K.Rool are.

Also Pit is really out of place there.

NONE if possible, if necessary however here is a tier list of what should be removed in priority

>top tier
Stingy 3rd parties, no point in keeping them if they cost a leg

>high tier
echoes and similars (like pichu or young link), much effort for little reward

>mid tier
retro picks, joke characters and low usage, basically anyone who isnt actually popular

>low tier
easy to get 3rd parties, why break a friendly relation?

>bottom tier
1st party mcs and unique 1st party movesets who are popular, because it would undermine both the "giant crossover" and "all-star cast" aspect.

I don't think Little Mac, Olimar, or G&W are safe, but other than that this is the best core list posted so far

Moveset ideas can be used on other, better characters.

I believe Sonic and G&W are in the "Up there" tier.
One for being THE third-party character, the other for being the first Nintendo character.

ridley and k rool are the main rivals of metroid/DK. Mewtwo isn't

>pit is really out of place
how?

olimar is definitely safe. I do think Little mac/G&W were a stretch, though I still think their removals are unlikely

>Represents the west's growing interest in Fire Emblem
His game wasn't even localized.

none cutfag

>shulk
into the trash it goes

I don't understand your points. Either of them.

>Improve the gameplay
How?
>Change up he way you play.
How?
>Make it more intricate
How?
>Get creative
How?
The core appeal of Smash is that it's extremely simple to pick up, the controls for each character are the same, but what each corresponding move does varies DRASTICALLY. So unlike other fighting games, you don't have to memorize a 10 string combo, you have to memorize the hurtboxes and knockbacks and effects of each move at your disposal, as well as the properties of your own fighter. If you want to change THAT core experience, then you might as well just ask for a Smash spin-off game, but it won't be smash anymore
The transition between 64 and Melee is MUCH more massive than the transition between Smash 4 and Ultimate. Sakurai and his team are clearly honing in on what they want Smash to feel like to play. For their future games, they don't have to build everything from the ground up over and over again. That's insane.
Smash Ultimate is the best playing Smash game in the series.

>mediocre series
You mean one of Nintendo's best selling series?

Mewtwo does represent an "antagonistic" side to pokemon though. I'd say he's probably the 2nd safest pokemon pick alongside jigglypuff.

Except that solves nothing cause we know a new shill always gets added

Fifty shades of grey sold a metric niggerton of copies but that doesn't make it high art you fucking retard.

>sales = good
Guess you should include a FIFA character.

Pikmin still gets games. Olimar is safe

Fox should be the only Starfox character too

People hate Corrin's character as well, easily the worst main character in all of FE.

Popularity is something to consider for a Smash character though

Marth Roy and Chrom should get cut

Pretty sure Heroes has made more than both Splatoons put together desu

Yo holy shit. I'm not here to argue the artistic value of Splatoon 2. I'm just saying that they won't cut the Inkling from Smash.

Lucina, Ike, Robin and Corrin stay

Marth, Roy, Chrom become Lucina skins

Half the shit in smash is either dead, or sold like shit to begin with.
"Popularity" literally means nothing.

I never said Inkling wasn't safe, only that I think it should be cut. In reality it probably won't be, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

I understand liking it the most but an Ultimate 2 would literally have only like 6-7 newcomers and the novelty of "everyone is here" would wear off. That's not nearly as exciting as a new experience.

I mean kudos for offering a new gameplay idea but adding a third dimension fundamentally changes the Smash experience. It may as well be a different series. Also complexity does not equate to quality

Attached: 3F7499F5-51A4-41BD-971F-10012F61A142.png (780x439, 503K)

>keeping Roy for any reason, let alone above some of the characters
Roy was literally the original shill pick.

Dumb Meele nostalgics

You said it in a shit way.
Because sales literally means nothing.
Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, F-Zero, Star-Fox, Banjo Kazooie all sold like shit and are just as important as Inkling is.

How Smash Bros should be seen
>Haha I wonder what batch of crazy characters sakurai chose this time

How Smash Fans see Smash Bros
>ULTRA GIGA HALL OF FAME IF YOU'RE IN THEN YOU'RE THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN GAMING YOU'RE IMMORTALIZED

People dont want to believe that Smash Bros isnt obligated to add your favorite in every single game

>Lucina being the base character instead of Marth
Get the fuck out of this thread you fucking autistic cuckbaby faggot holy fucking shit kill yourself nu-fe waifufag niggerfaggot

Keep everyone on top

Drop everyone on bottom

Attached: KEEP & CUT Roster.png (528x550, 475K)

the marth of a first party series constantly getting games isn't going anywhere. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see more characters from the series next game

That's from whaling about 10,000 FEtards. Not popularity.

Even then the consoles that were bought because of Splatoon made more money than Nintendos entire mobile division.

not him and I doubt he actually played it, but Binding Blade is one of my favorite FEs alongside Thracia.
I think 7 is an overrated turd with an overbearing tutorial, too few deployment slots coupled with instances of multiple forced deployments (Eliwood and Lyn are just more Roys) and significantly less replay value

Shit I forgot to move Ike to the top

jiggs is safer due to being in the original 12. Mewtwo is the safest after pika/jiggs but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee

Lol bait

>>ULTRA GIGA HALL OF FAME IF YOU'RE IN THEN YOU'RE THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN GAMING YOU'RE IMMORTALIZED

This is literally how Smash has always been advertised.

The fire emblem cast needs to be completely purged, including the at

>SALES, SALES, SALES
>W-wait! No! That doesn't count
>A-actually people bought Switches for Splatoon, not for Mario, Zelda and eventually Pokemon. No sir!
Yikes. Why don't you people argue in good faith? Cringe AND Reddit.

Dude, I'm not going to create a design document for you right here and now.
SUrely you understand the basic concept of creativity, right? Look at Sakurai's previous works. Look at how other vidya series evolve along the way. None of them just keep adding characters forever. It's not sustainable.

>The core appeal of Smash is that it's extremely simple to pick up, the controls for each character are the same, but what each corresponding move does varies DRASTICALLY
Exactly. Now take that core idea and produce something NEW.

>For their future games, they don't have to build everything from the ground up over and over again. That's insane.
To the contrary, it's how development works over time. Again, look at other series that have lasted over 20 years. How many of them still use the same assets? And how many of them have had to continuous reinvent themselves, gameplay-wise and content-wise?

You're very short sighted.

And yet its still better than anything Awakening on. Really makes you think

One of the few resonable cut lists, but i dont think Sakurai would cut the retro character and Rosalina should stay unless they make another puppeteer character

>it should get characters because it keeps making new MCs
We're past that point retard. You either keep the OG or you replace him. Smash doesnt have the space for two

Liking a game and having it was a favorite is not the same as saying "Game is good"
I, like you, also enjoy Binding Blade and Thracia. But those games have some serious issues that shouldn't be ignored.

>jiggs is safer due to being in the original 12.
Oh my god, the cycle continues. Is this just the same autistic guy, ore do all autists literally think alike?

Like you actually played FE6 or Awakening.

Gove ONE good reason Splatoon is a bad game that doesn’t simplify to “I just dont like online games!”

Fuck you faggot. I have played it and did all the Gaiden chapters. Kill yourself

>gacha from a free to play game is sales

The fact that you guys always desperately try to include Heroes despite FE having over 15 games is telling.

I didn't say it would keep getting characters, I said I wouldn't be surprised given fire emblem's status. Either way shulk isn't going anywhere

You're the retard I'm talking about.

implying you've played a single FE game

I have played them. Not like that's a hard thing to do, I don't know why you're acting like it is. Probably because you suck dicks f

the original 12 are not getting cut at this point, there was a chance with brawl regarding ness/jiggs but that chance is gone now

Then Xenoblade will never get another rep. Enjoy your dead ass Wii character who will never do anything again

They do a far better job of facilitating ironman-style playthroughs than subsequent games in the franchise, which are in my opinion the most fun and least frustrating way to play Fire Emblem.

In the reboot:

Characters in rework get their moveset done from zero

Characters in slight rework get a few new moves, how much depends on the character

Characters in cut are cut
Everyone else stays

Newcomers are:
>Ganon
>Skull Kid
>Tom Nook
>King Boo
>Dixie Kong
>Springman
>New Pokémon
And a few more

Attached: my-image (2).png (957x620, 849K)

Multiplayer focused controller shooter with terrible balancing, and shit net code.

Says who? The reboot will cut dead characters like ness and falcon

youtube.com/watch?v=j_WDbgOku9w

Show me a commercial that doesn't emphasis the characters.

Yup. Seething. Well, FE is coming out on the Switch which has a fair install base and basically zero competition, just the conditions Splatoon had.

Thats Sakurai philosophy but hes out next game, so the new guy might actually cut jigglypuff

>Keeping chrom over marth
Leave

Ridley took this long solely because Sakurai couldn't think of a good implementation of him at a playable scale. Now that this issue is solved, there is no reason to ever remove him, and in fact he should have higher priority than ZSS. K. Rool is also the main villain of his franchise and when there is going to be a new DK game he is almost certainly coming back, which kills the relevancy argument, the only reason why he hasn't appeared in a prior Smash game, for good.

Yes, and that's why I love them, and they would be in my top 3.
However there's just a ton of serious jank in them that's annoying and alienating to people.

I'm screenshoting this and will post it when it gets half of Splatoon 1's sales at best.

>Also complexity does not equate to quality
But taking the same assets and tweaking them over and over does, right?

Attached: pokemon-sword-and-shield-reveal-legendaries-dynamax-release-date-and-more.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>but hes out next game
lol no

>claims to have played these games but can't provide any arguments as to what makes FE6 a good game besides deflecting to other titles
>didn't even elaborate on said deflection, just "Awakening bad"

There wont be as many cut as you guys think

Going from 70+ characters to half of that is marketing suicide

>controller
>shooter
that's all I need to say.
"M-muh gyro controls" no fuck off retard, its still shit.

>keep Belmont
Fucking why >K. Rool is also the main villain of his franchise
DKC doesnt have a main villain. It has villains of the week. Myamoto even confirmed that Krool isnt essential

Definitely remove:
Dark Samus
Daisy
Lucina
Young Link
Chrom
Dark Pit
Corrin
Incineroar

Maybe remove:
Falco or Wolf, not both
Roy
Lucas
Shulk
Ken
Richter

Don't want them gone but they probably aren't coming back:
Snake
Cloud
Piranha Plant
Joker

No one cares about Marth anymore he is completely irelevant. Chrom and Lucina are just better versions of Marth, keep one of those

considering a good half of the roster is fluff or leftover advertisement picks that are no longer relevant, I wouldn't say it's out of the question

>the original 12 are not getting cut at this point
>there was a chance with brawl regarding ness/jiggs but that chance is gone now
The way you keep inventing narrow rules is very symptomatic of Aspergers Syndrome

>cutting the player character of Animal Crossing, the poster boy of Fire Emblem, and a literal 2D sprite who represents an entire line of old handhelds.
Are you retarded?

Go for it. Splatoon gets regularly outsold in its genre by other shooters, FE:Fates was the best selling SRPG of all time. And keep shitting your diaper and screaming "mobile income doesn't matter!". Nice of you to only focus on one point because it spins your narrative.

>Toom Nook
>King Boo
>Springman

Oof, no wonder smash is becoming third party fiesta when this are the kind of first party picks left

Lucina is easymode marth
Chrom is just lucina with aether, why not keep Dolphin slash instead?

That doesn't mean they aren't good games, they're just flawed ones with a somewhat niche appeal. That being said, Roy isn't a very good FE rep.

Most normal people (i.e. the people that actual buy the games) don't know what number of characters Ultimate has. They'll be fine.

DQ Hero is like Robin but better. If SE stays for the next game its a 100% chance of them leaving.

>DKC doesnt have a main villain. It has villains of the week.
That only applies to the Retro duology. The Rare trilogy has K. Rool in his entirety. DK 64 has K. Rool. The Paon games have K. Rool. Almost every DK game has K. Rool.
>Myamoto
He literally doesn't do or decide anything inside Nintendo anymore

>muh relevancy
Some of the picks in smash 4 and ultimate have beend franchises. Little Mac had a poor selling wii reboot, K Rool hasn't been in a game for 10 years, Castlevania is dead just in general, Ridley is from a series they haven't done anything with in 10 years aside from a shit remake where he was shoe-horned in.
Play more video games.

>Cutting an avatar that doesnt even have a name or a personality and replacing him with the 2 main characters of the franchise
>Chrom and Lucina are the poster boys of FE now
>A 2d sprite from an old console thats not even a real character

>FE:Fates was the best selling SRPG of all time
the audacity of FEtards is unreal, final fantasy tactics sold more

Hm, what? What do cutfags have to do with Steve let alone Reimu?

have been from dead franchises*

>Microtransaction heavy game makes more money than one game with only one expansion

Stop the presses!

So this is the power of FE Heroes..

I could take or leave Roy, wouldn't loose hairs if he was kept or gone.
But that being said, I see him more as a Captain Falcon tier character, where he's basically a smash original.
To the West he's recognizable as "The Fire Emblem" guy due to smash, and I think that's fine alone to keep him.

>buy ultimate
>wow so many characters
>buy Smash 6 hurt feelings edition, roster has like 20 characters
>wtf last entry had so much more
Normalfags are retarded user, but jesus christ if you think removing so many wouldn't have some backlash.

This, Chrom and Lucina were a mistake

I'd be fine with that if they gave him more of a moveset rework and included more references to his game or Elibe in general.

>Go for it. Splatoon gets regularly outsold in its genre by other shooters,

Other shooters are on other platforms, show me a shooter on Wii U and Switch that sold better than Splatoon. Hell there are barely any wii u games period that outsold Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 was the best selling switch game in Japan until Ultimate

>FE:Fates was the best selling SRPG of all time.

With a smash shill AND two different versions. It's still not even in the top 15 best selling 3DS games and only sold about half of Splatoon 1, a Wii U game. Even if 3H sold twice as much as Fates it still wouldn't reach Splatoon 2's sales.

>And keep shitting your diaper and screaming "mobile income doesn't matter!". Nice of you to only focus on one point because it spins your narrative.

I'm sorry that I don't think mobile revenue from a free downloadable phone game is the same thing as purchasing a game. If FE was prolific you'd be able to point at one of your 17 games and come up with an example.