Metroidvania

>metroidvania
>linear as fuck
How can this even compare with more modern entries in the genre that allow you to explore areas in any order? This is really regressive.

Attached: 3483368-screen+shot+2019-01-03+at+3.27.18+pm[1].png (942x531, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXEWcgYhKHY
reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/5iyc6j/whats_the_deal_with_china_against_skeletons_in/
store.steampowered.com/app/838310/Bloodstained_Curse_of_the_Moon/
youtube.com/watch?v=xi7Wzl3YHjU
steamspy.com/
steamcharts.com/
steamcharts.com/app/692850
steamcharts.com/app/838310
youtube.com/watch?v=PwzM10w9pis
youtube.com/watch?v=irMPqha2YtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Worse than that, it's ugly as sin.

>caring about graphics in an indie game with so much SOUL

>game made in 2019 with multiple years of development time, multiple studios and handouts from idiot jabronis
>looks like absolute shit
>game made in 2013 on the 3ds, castlevania mirror of fate, made by 3 spaniards on a shoestring budget
>manages to have better graphics, artsyle, even gameplay

what went wrong?

OLD GAME

>mirror of fate
dude lol

>better gameplay
Yeah sure.

Not him, but it's undisputed that the older games look much better than Bloodstained.

Which is absurd, since that's the one thing that modern should be much better at. Visuals. Graphics. Even if it's not straight up in polygon quality, at least artstyle.

But no, it's complete trash.

And let's not even get into "Old VS New", then, let's just compare recent made games.

Hollow Knight had less than a 100th of the kickstarter budget as Bloodstained and it still looks a hundred times better. Same for Blasphemous.

There's just no excuse. It's shameful.

How many of these gay ass threads are you going to make?

>mirror of fate
>better gameplay than anything
cmon son

>BUT HOLLOW KNIGHT
every time, you guys have done it, you've successfully drove me off that game and ill never play it even though i was interested in it before because you fucking niggers have been so goddamn obnoxious about that game
congrats

Yeah and Hollow Knight has fuck all itemization and customization, only one weapon, like 2 spells and the character itself is just a marshmallow with a cape lol.

Never understood shitposters. Are there no videogames your interested in playing so we shitpost because were bored?

Attached: 1555672305683.jpg (800x600, 62K)

and its still better than bloodstained, just like mirror of fate!

i can't believe it!

IGAvanias were never good

It's a good game user.

Also it costs only like tree fiddy, just get it.

Attached: anime_disappoint.jpg (625x625, 46K)

I don't even like Hollow Knight as a game, but it is undeniable that it looks much better with a hundredth of the budget.

Same for Blasphemous.

How do you fuck up that bad? It's so embarrassing.

>Blasphemous
>pixel shit
dude just stop

>mirror of fate
>better
You fuckers aren't even trying anymore

Why are people so desperate for a tortanic they have to shitpost like this? Are your lives that empty?

>A Castlevania fan is now trashing on pixels
You should feel embarrassed

>post count goes from 8 posts and 6 posters to 16 posts and 9 posters
Seek mental help, Bloodstainedshitposter-kun.

Attached: fashion.png (641x992, 967K)

i like how he calls them IGAvanias like he wasnt director on sotn for 5 mins then produced mediocre to shit entry after mediocre to shit entry (aos was good). guys a literal nobody

if i was konami i'd do the same thing too, take the series off of him and give it to literally anyone because anyone can do better

holy fuck that looks retarded lol

40 bux well spent

You're a tiny minority and you're mentally ill. Feel good?

Attached: bloodless_brotn.jpg (2560x1440, 2.23M)

Metroidvanias are garbage backtracking simulators.
The more linear, the better

>I need branching paths constantly to match my ADHD addled autism fueled psyche
Hollow Knight is shit and so is your taste.

I HATE THINGS

Attached: wacula.jpg (1103x653, 180K)

>someone insults a game you like, your first instinct is to flip out and say "N-NO, UR MENTALLY ILL!"

got some bad news for you old friend

Is this really as linear as OP says? i was thinking about getting it, but linear Metroivania? come on

Attached: 1551890162640.png (640x720, 1.02M)

user, look at how many posts are in the thread and then look at how many posters there are.

If you're still trying to TORtanic Bloodstained then you're mentally ill.

Attached: Bloodstained_is_good.png (319x336, 142K)

>that allow you to explore areas in any order?
You're thinking of the open world garbage that you love because of your horrible taste.

Metroidvanias, by definition, wall off areas based on your ability to traverse "gates" that require specific upgrades.

The definition of the genre is the exact opposite of what you said, you idiot.

He's a shitposter, user. It's like any other Igavania. In fact, there is an item specifically for breaking sequence if you're good at combos.

Not him, but metroivania games have ALWAYS allowed for some degree of freedom. Sure they wall areas off, but you can still explore several not blocked areas, that's kinda like the point of the genre.

believe it or not people can have different opinions than u

you should take a rest

>Hahaha, your tastes do not represent that of the average consumer's
Woah, you really blew him the fuck out, pal. This is, after all, a board only to express accepted and popular opinions. Retard.

So you just decides to accept whatever some dude on a mongolian finger painting forum said? come on

How many Castlevanias have been released? People mostly remember SotN and another one and that's it... hardcore fans will gobble whatever but truth is, Castlevania games have never been that good.

What the fuck were you expecting?

It's pretty meh tbqh, i love HK so it might be a bias but fuck the environments is boring, the enemies is boring. Dodge is useless and can't dodge to the direction i want but only back for some fucking retard reason.
It's just a generic game, at least the girls is cute.
Also like OP said it's linear as hell, metroidvania my ass

Attached: 1522935416232.jpg (2048x1560, 686K)

I'm still playing through it but so far it's like all the other igavania's, as in only one path is available to you at all times, you can backtrack to earlier areas for collectibles etc but that's the extent of exploration, maybe it really opens up late game, I dunno

He's right tho.

There is nothing sane about making a thread just to rage about a game you hate

Yeah, because no game that uses the gate system is completely linear. This is the OTHER way that OP is full of shit.

Is this the inevitable falseflagging thread every game gets after becoming decently popular because it's good?

you expected quality from kickstarter waifushit?

You triggered by good games?

That's exactly what it is. If you see a post with Hollow Knight/HK and it's related to Bloodstained, you can be sure it's some faggot shitposter.

Do you assholes ever like anything?

Attached: Pyra Reaction 1.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

So it is pretty linear, MIGHT pirate it then

>Compare to a similar game in a genre is shitposting
Next you gonna say competitive is bad and communism is good, retard.

Why did Hollow Knight succeed so hard? It sold millions and even super contrarian autists still admit to liking it.

Attached: hornet_inspect.png (1072x752, 124K)

>anyone that says anything bad about my latest girl game is clearly just one person making the topics and posting mean things!

you got me

>Why did Hollow Knight succeed so hard?
Unironically soulful, you can see the devs put a lot of thought into everything by playing the game.
I hope Silksong will have that level of quality or even better.

Attached: 1556204426637.jpg (523x565, 131K)

tell that to op

I liked Return of the Obra Dinn. Or if you're asking for metroid-likes in specific, Axiom Verge.

I love anime girls!

If you truly hate something, what is the point of you to deliberately seek the things you hate? If that isn't mental illness then I don't know what is.

Attached: 15.png (500x460, 25K)

I was going in to this thread expecting to find out that the game was completely linear, however it turns out the op was lying and was instead choosing to compare it to a different game of the same genre that has completely different exploration paradigm with its own merits and drawbacks.
The game looks good and I am now in fact convinced I will purchase, with dlc. I can't wait to go enjoy.

Silksong is confirmed to be soulless.

Attached: silksong_soulless.png (871x347, 183K)

>Game comes out and is fresh on everyone's minds
>OP goes to try it out, dislikes it
>Other people see the thread and pitch in about the reasons why they dislike the game (such as me saying it's ugly as shit)
Nothing wrong with any of this.

>the character itself is just a marshmallow with a cape lol.
This made me laugh even though i like hollow knight

>millions in budget
>3D instead of 2D
>can only color swap the same outfit
what exactly did the money go toward

Attached: 1560752162209.png (760x839, 760K)

>why are you discussing video games on the video game board, especially a game that just came out?!

It's impossible to fight bosses out of order in Bloodstained. Make of that what you will.

Attached: shrug.jpg (1150x1266, 134K)

>inb4 the silk is impure with Hornet's soul

other developers for fixing up their shit.

I don't think I've played a Metroidvania that wasn't linear as fuck, they're just filled with a bunch of wrong routes.

Some armors change the sprite such as the Valkyrie dress

Dumbest quads ever, never post again

Metroid-likes and Metroidvanias are basically 2D Zelda in that way.

There are monster transformations like in Order of Ecclesia, e.g. a playboy suit girl, but yeah the default outfit is kinda ugly, basically a slutty version of Alucard's garb and you're stuck with it for the whole game.

Go polish your game instead of shitposting.

Me here, that does suck.

play la-mulana

Really, Bloodstained is just emblematic of everything wrong with modern "retro" games,
They have completely lost their way, true gamers knows this.
youtube.com/watch?v=gXEWcgYhKHY

There's a world of difference in normally discussing the games and finding common ground as opposed to going to a thread of a game you hate and going ballistic like "WOW FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK EVERYONE PLAYING IT, ITS FUCKING SHIT, MY FAVORITE GAME JOURNO SAID THAT IT'S SHIT, NO I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT, ITS SHIT, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHITSHITSHITSHIIIIIIIIT"

unironically this

Nice autism, all I said is that it's ugly as fuck, which it is.

>71 posts
>30 posters
He's going all out!

Say whatever you want about the game, but fuck off with shilling your shitty youtube channel

That's almost 3 posts per poster. Incredible.

no one that dislikes the game ever said that. grow up

What a little bitch.

>30 x 3 is 71

Attached: JCN0c8Q9[1].jpg (443x443, 19K)

Wow people actually talk? What the fuck

Attached: 1560813193582.jpg (398x384, 54K)

Then you shouldn't be offended to not identify yourself as these raving lunatics

Not even him, I just like his channel.
You know he is right.
Shitstained completly disregards the legacy of classic gaming for dumb gimmicks.

I wasn't quoting anyone specifically with my example, you would be surprised how many people are genuinely like that

>Blood stained? More like ASS FUCKED.

Were you even trying with that one?

>Almost

imagine being this fucking delusional and childish that you call other people lunatics for not liking a game, especially after the big temper tantrum you threw

>linear?
lmao 30% game is linear, then you need to read guides where to go or how to get to somehwere, because if fucking hard or time consuming to know where to go next

Just because you come here to ask for help where to go next doesnt make this game linear faggot

Dilate

You sound like you're deflecting people trashing this ugly game by creating strawmen. At least you aren't pretending the game looks good, I'll grant you that.

Is this the new "Have sex, dilate, seething, cope" alternative?
I'vr seen this in the last 20 threads I've read, people always bringing up the post numbers and unique IP's as if having double the posts to IP's says anything.

People are not supposed to chime in for 1 single post and then leave, fucking retard idiots, it's called conversation, one person can easily have +3 posts because that's how people talking to each other works.

Does this have a new game plus where you keep all your stuff and levels?

Stop shilling your channel retard. It's 2019 and you don't have a 12 year old xbox 360 controller

>90 is almost 71

Attached: 1510549330622.png (478x523, 14K)

I really do not like all the backer portraits and the stupid cat and dog. This game could've been AMAZING but in the end it just became a DUDE IGAVANIA REMEMBER SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT meme for redditors.

Attached: 1553995907355.jpg (398x342, 49K)

>brainlet couldn't figure out how to get the double jump shard
fucking lmao

tons of people beat the game on the first day, no guides or threads were available for googling shit

>He read guides
Absolutely disgusting

It also has a bunch of charms and item combinations you dumb nigger.

that was never the case

sections are always locked behind items

The portraits and cute cats and dogs are nothing. Zombies and skeletons getting replaced by formless blobs because muh China money triggered me way harder.

What temper tantrum? Why are you making shit up?
If you don't identify with the asshats hating games for the sake of hating, then you shouldn't be complaining

>ugly anime style
>everything looks greasy like a beaner
>shit controls
>bugs everywhere
>Igarashi is so full of himself that he self-inserted as a boss

Attached: 1503096373903.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

I'm assuming there is a shard that lets me break certain parts of the ground. But is it mandatory or should I start checking all my shards to see if I already have it?

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019-06-20_12-16-43.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

>How can this even compare with more modern entries in the genre that allow you to explore areas in any order?
It is as linear as any other metroidvania. What did you expect?

>Zombies and skeletons getting replaced by formless blobs because muh China money triggered me way harder.
Is that really why they did that?

Only part where you might need a guide is getting the water movement shard, since it's required for progression but isn't a quaranteed drop. What a fucking dumbass design.

Haha that looks like SHIT

u lead a righteous cause. if only mariam was real and could see the holy war youre fighting. shed date u for sure

Charging more than double than most indie games.

Have sex.

Can anyone here who finished the game please tell me if these fuckers still spawn for you at the world trade center?

Attached: 20190620150147_1.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/5iyc6j/whats_the_deal_with_china_against_skeletons_in/

>thought this game was like 20 dollars
>it's twice that
what

Game looks like it was made by a three man team.

It's unmissable, you'll know it when you get it

imagine not being able to afford video games

Attached: 2b_disgusted.jpg (334x363, 88K)

>Game looks like it was made by a three man team.
You make it sound like a three man team can't make a good looking game.

Just pirate it retard, it not worth the price.

>It's unmissable
Of course it is, the game is linear as fuck. All the areas are locked until the story gives you whatever ability is needed to proceed further.

Compare this to HK where you can explore areas and fight bosses in any order once you get the wall jump ability after fighting Hornet for the first time (basically the end of prologue).

>tons of people beat the game on the first day, no guides or threads were available for googling shit
They asked here. Tons and a lot.

Hollow Knight was literally made by a 3-man team and looks great, that means nothing.

>once you get the wall jump ability after fighting Hornet for the first time
You get the air-dash after Hornet fight. Wall jump is from Mantis Village.

>All the areas are locked until the story gives you whatever ability is needed to proceed further.
That's metroidvanias for you.

According to a previous thread, they are a rare spawn in the early part of the tower.

It's so extremely obvious that money has put in devs own pockets

Well that then. I beat it the last year and remember having access to like 5-10 areas after Hornet and getting lost all the time.

Nah he did it all for free. Even his staff used to donate food leftovers to him

>devs get paid for making a game
Unthinkable.

Attached: L9MlEPw.jpg (807x659, 37K)

Hollow Knight: Zoomer the game

Holy shit, it looks so fucking ugly.

Attached: 54.png (297x492, 227K)

This is a Castlevania metroidvania.
Not Hollow Knight metroidvania.

In that case, they are the only rare ones in the game. Fuck.

Please tell me how you fought Olrox before fighting Slogra and Gaibin in SOTN without using glitches. Bloodstained is the exact same as every other modern Castlevania.

Yes, IGA's main investor that gave the project 10 fucking million was chink, for starters.

Are you retarded?

>looks like absolute shit
this fucking meme is getting real fucking tiring it looks fine

>SOTN
>game from 1997
>modern metroidvania

Attached: fac612be32e1de2df5413f26dc3d0610[1].jpg (720x303, 27K)

this
nono zoomy hk is a 6/10 while boodstained is a 7.5

"Fine" would be perfectly acceptable if this game was developed on a $5,000 budget by some literal whos.

All these denial and pretending the game is better than Hollow Knight reminded me of PoEfags trying their best to shit on D:OS2 and then process to get BTFO so hard

this isnt about having different opinions though is it faggot? its about constantly shitting on the game at every opportunity just to piss people off

Tortanic was such a great time. Do they have panties replacement mod for Miriam's spats yet?

>Classic gothic staples like skeletons and ghosts will become less common as China swings their money around
God damnit.

if you think this aesthetic is achievable @ 5k idk what to fucking tell you, it's got some issues but it certainly isnt ugly

could they have made it better? yeah probably but right now im enjoying the game and 6 hours in the gameplay is rock solid sotn tier stuff so i say its worth it

TORtanic was one of two events that made this board so shit and insufferable. Now any game with anay recognition has peopl trying to scream it's shit in hoping to replicate it.

Game looks nice. It's uneven and some scenes are too busy, but the art direction isn't bad and they use plenty of appealing assets. Mentally ill bandwagoners should try to come up with their own criticisms instead of desperately latching on to whatever meme they think has the most momentum.

Attached: 1560606483772.jpg (640x645, 69K)

I doubt that, Yea Forums has been like that for a very long time. I feel your conviction has very little actual substance to it.
You gonna answer the question or what, user? I want to play this game with panties, not spats

How long ago was Tortanic? 2011 or 2012?

While I agree some aspects could be improved, this is some incredibly low bait.

She wears spats?

Attached: 84F109453FE2C6DF8509D771C7543DD7D03D9609[1].jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

I remember it like yesterday.
Fallout 76 almost reached titanic level of fuckery, but the fans just ate it up like idiots so it never became as fucked.
No one liked ToR at release and the ones moderating the servers sure as hell helped it get worse.

Like there was always the brand of contrarianism that we know today. But since TOR you have people thinking they can tank a game just by saying it's shit often enough.

Those are bloomers.

those aren't spats

Spats, spandex, high cut leggings, granny short shorts, elastic tubular clothe wrappings, whatever the fuck she wears under her dress that isn't panties.

It's still censorship no matter what you call it.

No?

see I've only seen relatively small clips so I assumed. But regardless focusing on semantics doesn't change the actual substance ofe topic. Regardless of what is under there or what you want to call them, it does NOT change the fact that it is covering up more than I want it to, it does NOT change the fact it is not lewd, it does NOT change the fact that I want it to be lewd, and it does NOT answer the question of whether or not it's been replaced by panties through mods yet. You gonna address the substance of the topic at hand or what you semantics-obsessed fuckheads?

OOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: macho mayne.jpg (614x474, 75K)

Hey, that's pretty good way to make fun of people calling it censorship!

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THERE'S A MOD YET

Attached: 1558361555903.png (680x750, 135K)

Yeah I think 2011-2012 was the point where Yea Forums's decline became inevitable. Shazbowl was the last big hurrah. Sometimes we get some sparks of the old Yea Forums though, but it's rare.

There is no mod what I know. Check nexus.

Ha, I love those guys.

Based dumb DMCfag.

It was also around 2010-2011 when Yea Forums became more mainstream and was mentioned on TV.
Take that as you will.

>Mirror of Fate

This is a flat out lie.

Does anyone know where to find dreadful rags?

It's literally like Dawn Of Sorrow. Sometimes there are branches where you can decide between 3 bosses.

>manages to have better graphics, artsyle, even gameplay
Did we play the same game?

Miss Bloodstained lady looks like that one character from the bloodborne porn game

Archer enemies drop them. Barbatos or whatever they're called.

THANK YOU. Fuck you guys try so hard to derail a subject at every turn. No wonder people see this place as a shithole, can't discuss anything meaningful without people focusing on some barely relevant thing to try and prove someone wrong.
I didn't see Bloodstained on Nexus's games list but I just ctrl + f'd. I must not have had the name loaded, I'll look again.

We were on Fox News way before then.

Location? There's like 5 of the archer dudes

Imagine this game with better graphics and presentation then it would be one of my favourite Medroidvanias.

>that boot clipping
5 mln budget lmao

It has the best water area and -music of any Castlevania games. Fight me.

igavanias are absolute garbage and they ruined castlevania. and dont call it metroidvania. thats insulting to metroid. igavanias are side scrolling big room rpgs, which sounds superficially similar to metroid until you actually play it.

that said, did this game come with the classic mode that was promised. he said there would be a classic mode where you could play the game like castlevania

How much fucking spoonfeeding do you need? It's the first archer enemy you meet, in the garden area. Just look up Barbatos in the archives, it will list all the areas they spawn in.

What is the difference between hard and nightmare?

Or rather, are there any differences aside from not being able to level up?

People watch fox news? I'm not american, so I don't know. I just know more webpages started to talk about Yea Forums around 2010.
But that report from 2007 was pretty good.

Nightmare removes the ability to level up I think.

>take out the speed book
>put on the speed belt
ah there we go....

They delivered on that you buffoon.

store.steampowered.com/app/838310/Bloodstained_Curse_of_the_Moon/

Attached: 1545430278275.png (756x679, 309K)

Yes and no. Stupid people do, and for a while Yea Forums was literally full of hackers. Also important to note that this was before all the "internet culture" garbage started. Words like troll and meme weren't part of common parlance. In very many ways things were better.

Is hard mode worth playing? I heard it adds more enemy moves and changes their placements which sounds very good.

I was there, so I know.

Excuse me, "literally full of hackers, to them."

>Yea Forums was literally full of hackers
Script kiddies aren't hackers.

Every hacker is a script kiddie to some extend.

no you stupid prick. the main game is supposed to have a classic mode. this is like a prequel or something that was promised AFTER he promised classic mode. in fact, theyre even two separate items on the list on kickstarter

I corrected myself.

No it wasn't. It probably had some but they were of no consequence to the course Yea Forums took. It was full of "tech savvy" kids, a few who knew basic network programming. Peoples' view of Yea Forums came strictly from appearances and their own ignorance of how these "hacks" worked, as well as just plain ignorant of how publicly available their information actually was. You're either heavily nostalgic for old Yea Forums or you just weren't there. Zoomer
t. 2006fag

This game is legitimately really unpleasant to look at. Shan't be playing it.

>this thing is like this because I say so
>but this other thing is the same but at the same time it is not because I say so
Just play games and stop being so fucking sentimental about each and every work written in 1 and 0.

>the main game is supposed to have a classic mode.
It has it. Kind of. Mostly like an easter egg.

Nah

nevermind niggers. i looked it up and they cut most of the kickstarter modes, including classic mode, to be released later as a 10 dollar dlc. as if i didnt already hate iga enough

You seem to hate shit easily. Must be a fun life.

Dude, I mistyped and corrected myself. Calm down. Literally anyone who knew anything about computers were "hackers" to these people.

>castlevania mirror of fate
dude shilling the same video you did yesterday LMAO

So there's gonna be paid DLC as well? I thought it was just gonna be free ones.

Attached: 1542152832085.gif (382x379, 387K)

Regardless of your correction you are fundamentally wrong. Troll has been prevalent on the internet and especially on Yea Forums's Yea Forums, and meme most certainly was used a lot. Troll isn't used so much anymore, but meme took off insanely. Even in the times of like 2008-2010 facebook memes were a thing.
The difference is, people were more sincere in their actions. It wasn't ironic, post-modernist in nature, it was taking things lightly and making fun of people who took things too seriously.
Things were different and better back then, but for entirely different reasons. The reasons you gave are just plain fundamentally incorrect.

The game is not linear. There's several cases of people getting to bloodless far before they're ready for her and other cases of people complaioning about dead ends.

sorry i dont like what you like. though what you like isnt inherently good and disliking it doesnt make me bad

seems that way. theres already articles saying backers are pissed off and its curious it hasnt been posted all over Yea Forums by now

>sorry i dont like what you like. though what you like isnt inherently good and disliking it doesnt make me bad
And I said nothing of such either.

I imagine that anything related to the kick starter will be given to backers for free but some stretch goals might also be released as DLC to buy for non backers

Attached: 1507910327385.jpg (933x1200, 400K)

all dlc will be free though you lying cocksucker
youtube.com/watch?v=xi7Wzl3YHjU

why do so many shitty accounts use Rampage avatars?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1053x804, 125K)

that was for backers

The true Metroidvania redpill, is that all Metroidvania games are linear, as there is always one singular most optimal path to beat the game, and any "non-linearity" you experience is you getting lost as to where to go next.

That was free for me

Attached: 1559733029213.jpg (1024x966, 78K)

looks like he relented. the dates are paid dlc pissing off fans on may, then in june he says itll be free.

hes a fucking faggot for even trying to jew, but i do admit i was partially wrong as it is NOW going to be free.

you know, all you assholes had to do was say "classic mode is coming later" instead of this fucking ordeal

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooh

Play Hollow Knight.

>it was free for me!
>Yeah, man. I just had to pay more than you paid for the game 4 years ago and I got it for free!

Reminder that all anime tools have sub animal IQs.

Is it a bug or is there no music in the first village?

>game looks like shit
>but it plays just like DS Castlevanias

Im conflicted, the game looks so bad and 3d really doesnt work but the gameplay is there and its very enjoyable

So, about these shitty backer portraits placed throughout the game. How much did these faggots pay for one?

It's odd to mke that people dislike the graphics. It looks great to me.

Feels great and plays great too. Just like SotN.

Attached: 20190618164105_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.81M)

>mirror of fate
>better graphics, "artsyle" and gameplay
let me lmao at your life

>Pay more 4 years ago
I paid 25$ 4 years ago, the game came out and its 40$. I dunno pretty sure 25$ is less then 40$

>Just like SotN
god that makes me sad when i see people use it as a positive

Here is your (you) for the bait.

>dude it's just like this game that released 20 years ago on limited hardware
God forbid anything be improved.

>How much did these faggots pay for one?

Attached: Capture.jpg (364x432, 21K)

I think a single good shader mod would fix most problems. The game reminds me of Sonic 4 and how overly "clean" things look. Still, some areas have some work put into them but most of the game looks bad.

Like I said, I love the gameplay but the looks is just horrible for how much money and time this took which is sad becaue they really did care about some details

So nobody knows what this weapon is and how to get it, right?

Attached: D9hNT-sXoAA0kma.jpg (1200x675, 146K)

Holy shit FUCK bats

its the dilator. you only get it after the operation

That is preciusely what I was looking for though and I didn't even know I'd like this game. SotN is one of those games I replay every couple years so this is unbelievably welcome for someone like me.

There's definitely somethign wrong with zoomers though if they can't enjoy something like an "Iga"vania.

t.seething poorfag

Game looks horrendous. Going from the old beautiful Castlevanias to this is a whiplash. Fuck that.

You would have had to pay $60 to get tha backer DLC, chump.

Ennui is a terrible thing.

post good graphics from old castlevanias you've played.

Game is not even close to looking as bad as you dumbasses are saying

>$1,500 or more
They may ruin my immersion but at least now I can laugh at the sad pathetic fucks every time I see one.

Attached: 1552253463997.png (251x242, 92K)

its the zoomers who like igavanias. ask any kid what their favorite AND first castlevania is, they always say symphony of the night. the fucking xbox release is what did it

I blame the Switch.

epic

Can someone tell me what does the B button do in this game?
I'm 20 hours in and still it has no funcion at all, is tha tnormal?

>60 dollars for an indie game

people have been sucking SotN's cock since always

If you want to be specific, a true classic "metroidvania" is Faxanadu. SotN is a "modern" metroidvania.

My first castlevania was the first game on NES, second was simons quest (which is still my favorite original game). CV4 was good for the times but it was still just a simple platformer. SotN blew all the originals out of the water for me because it was actually fun and had replayability.

>I think a single good shader mod would fix most problems
Along with a bunch of texture packs.

Attached: 20190620171904_1.jpg (1920x1080, 577K)

>be hyped for Bloodstained
>shitposters keep saying that old Castlevania look better
>look them up
>they are all 2D retro pixelated mess
?????

Attached: 1495283552392.png (100x100, 12K)

If you think that's bad, people had to pay nearly $4000 to get their pets in the game.

>Hold up and Miriam will strike a sexy pose
Neat

I wish the castle was bigger.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FUCKING RETARD I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SHIT

>we could've had pic related
>instead we get this

why

Attached: 1561044709970.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

>Blood stained? More like ASS FUCKED.
out of all the problems with this title, the worst has to be adding a period for no fucking reason

Attached: Came here for a giggle.png (816x587, 142K)

Aradia mod when

my disappointment with sotn began with rondo. already i felt like there was something wrong with it. something different in a bad way. it was directed by iga. the next game was all iga and i was extremely disappointed with how different it was. it was like a spin off that took over the mainline. like if pokemon trozei took over the mainline series and the monster collecting rpg games died.

i didnt like it for how different it was and i didnt like it as a game too. i feel like im in bizarro world with how many people like it. its like waking up in a world where everybody loves snorting concrete powder and they look at you like youre crazy for not loving concrete powder. its concrete powder, youre not supposed to snort it. what the fuck is wrong with everybody?

worst part is that people love snorting it so much that the only reason anybody would have for disliking it is some kind of personal fault. so something is wrong with you for not liking it. thats the worst part for me. i live in clown world but IM the clown and the clowns are all normal

Attached: heh nothin personnel.webm (1000x700, 2.86M)

what newgrounds game is this

Well, they actually did make a proper Bloodstained CV clone though which is very reminiscent to 3, if you ever played that one.

While I did like it, I don't like the on-the-rails linearlity of the original games. Which is probably why I liked 2 so much because it felt more like an adventure and less like mario with a whip.

Attached: bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon---s03-1527191794821_1280w.png (960x540, 115K)

not hollow knight

>Be sure to return what you borrow.
Does he come to kill you in ng+ if you don't give the books back?

>how did he get that key?
>why isn't his MP draining?
>oh.. it's a hacker.

Where the fuck do you get that time stop shit?

There is actually an item that makes you not use MP.

>arcade emulation
>AAA meme games
>32:9 monitor
>calls everything trash and a piece of shit because it doesn't fit his personal preferences
Again, how do you people come across some of these straight up weirdos. Do you just let YouTube autoplay or do you just click on every random shit that piques your curiosity?

Attached: 1560187707518.jpg (550x550, 49K)

So where's the final boss located?
The Glacial Tomb?

Attached: 1561007532682.jpg (850x1202, 222K)

Yes, you need to kill Gremory, then deal with Nihilistic-chan.

>how did he get that key?
Millionaire's key is located in Den of Behemoths I think
>why isn't his MP draining?
Gebel's glasses, reward for 100% shard completion
>oh.. it's a hacker.
No just autistically working on 100%, git gud

Where the fuck do you get that time stop shit? By telling the librarian to go fuck himself

Attached: 1528543038793.png (1810x1342, 1.3M)

We were never going to get 2D sprites. That costs FAR too much money to do. 3D is the standard these days because it is cheap to do.

this
>but the badges
are shit because you have paper mario badge slots and some badges are basically obligatory

Don't bother posting them unless they're not wearing shoes

Gonna be honest man,
Someone posted it in a thread yesterday and it was so hilariously retarded I needed more people to see it. The comments with some weirdo white knight threatening to debate people on discord makes it even better

Ah fuck, gotta go kill Dio to get timestop? Is it 100%, or do I need to refight him until it drops?

So she's in the Glacial Tomb too?

Attached: 1560978723602.png (758x1019, 675K)

>Want on my Switch.
>$40.

Send help.

Attached: 1529076594762.png (924x1105, 799K)

Yesh, use Gremory's shard.

It's 100%, he also lets you take all the books once you beat him, although that resets on NG+

>2179 hp
>1319 mp
and you're at what level? Steam time is 17 hours with a lot of farming and I'm like level 34.

Attached: 1475566108380.jpg (1080x608, 78K)

What's the point of the little Maria girl In the sannctuary?

Where do I get Flying Beef, Orichalcum, Cashmere, and whats the best place to farm Ectoplasm?

Are the areas in the first level that you can't reach supposed to be for NG+ or did I miss something?

>Miriam doesn't have tit physics
>or hair physics
>only one uncute/unsexy outfit
>granny panties
>tattoos
who designed this trash

Attached: 1545335145046.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>soul
>bloodstained

it's called bloodstained, m8. you can't get much less soulful than that. the aesthetic is cheap and ugly in every aspect. i like the winged pigs though, they have a smidge of soul.

>he also lets you take all the books once you beat him, although that resets on NG+
Thats kinda shit. Is he hard as fuck?

You level up faster in hard mode because the enemies are higher level and give more experience.

The indie game argument does not apply to a $40 game. It is on the level of a AA game at least and does not hold up well against that tier. If it had been $15-$20 (which is absolutely all it is worth) then it might have been acceptable.

these are all important elements and it took a half retarded animu shitposter to put it into words.

You must suck balls because I'm at 16 hours and just hit 50, man. That dude must be much higher level because I'm nowhere near stats like that.

Do weapons carry over in ng plus

>every thread
is this the only criticism you can cling to

There are hair physics. It's one of peoples' chief complaints about the long hairstyle.

>using a genesis controller to play PC games and getting mad when it's not supported
Is this a real person

>wow, what is this 3D shit, this game looks awful, hollowknight looks sooo good guys

Literally the only reason I haven't bothered to complete it aside from the abhorrent map system is the ugly calarts style that makes my eyes bleed

83, you also get tons of stats from food

Speaking of which can't find this last damn recipe, an user said it was at twin towers but I spent an hour searching it.

I'd say Bloodless and 8-Overlord are the hardest bosses in the game, with O.D. being second

And Gebel being the hardest to do no damage on since You have to kill him slowly

Attached: grandma needs food badly.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

even shit like dead cells cheats and uses 3d models with a strong filter over them

Anyone know where this weapon is?

Attached: D9hlX5UX4AAw3ZB.jpg (1200x675, 146K)

People were saying everything carries over except progression based shards. So shit like double jump and the ray bounce go away.

Pardon, but Iga is a motherfucking anal destroyer. All the other bosses pale in comparison.

>people replying to this as if the poster actually agrees with the video and isn't just making fun of it

there really is no reason this type of game shouldn't be able to operate using a directional pad and six (count them, SIX) buttons.

I was so excited when I saw the long hair option but was instantly disappointed when I saw it flopping all over the fucking place like the scarf.

Playing totally blind so a lot of time was lost just wandering around. Had to look up how to get underwater though and had to ask someone here how to board the train.

Actually, a lot of "sprite" indie games use extremely poorly rendered 3D models. It actually pisses me off because I wanted fucking progress, I want fucking sprites so good it makes Metal Slug 3 look like dog shit. But instead all we get is lifeless 3D garbage non-stop.

Of course. Now give me that damn fake mustache.

Attached: 20190620101829_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

There is no reason for you to not own a modern controller for playing PC games

People kept saying the Stone Mask was one of the best items, what does it do exactly?

Poke his butt with high jump repeatedly for the mustache

I was playing blind too. I'm only on Yea Forums now to look for shit because I'm at over 99% map completion and I just want to farm out stats and shit before hitting the final boss and NG+.

>Metal Slug 3 tier sprites
user... SNK recycled those sprites from DECADES of hard work. Please be reasonable.

Covers Miriam's ugly face.

Early game Luck boost, IIRC. And Luck is the god stat in this because everything comes from enemy drops, so you want a Luck rating through the roof for everything but boss fights.

>basically a slutty version of Alucard's garb

Excellent.

Final boss doesn't go straight to NG+ and is required for 100% map completion friendo

Oh shit, really? Well, guess I can go kick their ass then. How to activate NG+ then?

The final boss is pretty damn difficult.

Attached: 1561021117161.png (1296x2130, 1.17M)

It's widely considered the worst game of this year for a reason.

Anyone who says they like both Hollow Knight and Bloodstained is officially lying. Both games' fanbases despise each others' games

>I'm so tired of people telling me that game is great! That's it, I'm never playing that game!

Attached: 1462485112738.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

After you beat the game, when loading your save file there will be another option

Hollow knight is a shitty fucking game, dilate tranny.

So how do you get to Benjamin when he is trapped under the rocks?

Attached: 1345697945937.jpg (634x423, 28K)

Technology has advanced. Things only get easier to do with time, but no one with fat stacks of cash is doing 2D sprites anymore really.

Dimensional Shift.

O.D is cute!

The final boss is easier than the first phase which is a joke, also Baal isn't immune to time stop

Ignore it for now, you'll know it when you get it

Post YFW you didn't back Mighty No 9 2.0 AKA Shitstained

Those are some plump milkers.

Go get a better weapon. After I crafted the second best GreatSword in the game, the fight is PISS easy. Also, go grab the guard shard from a werewolf.

Some areas look great others look like a complete disaster - outside the boat with the rain for example

The game got stupid easy after I grinded the pink fairies for a while. You get a familiar + tons of fairy medicine (potions that only the familiar can use, ON YOU). It's basically 0 gold auto heal. Never died to a boss after that.

Also, how come True Arrow is still so OP? I'm already past the train thing and it still one shots most things. Literally zeo reason to use any other shard.

Jesus christ Yea Forums wanted this game to fail so bad. This game is great in almost every way. You guys need to get out more. Huffing each others farts all day in this echo chamber has given you all a bad case of schadenfreude.

Attached: ecclesia-skull-boss.jpg (650x494, 86K)

>dodge is useless
Exposed yourself

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FIGHT ALUCARD? WHAT STEPS DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE?

Attached: 1412182028030.gif (500x394, 432K)

>It's widely considered the worst game of this year for a reason.
i doubt this

Borrow his books.

the music is pretty mediocre, most of it is meh, and about 7 tracks are decent

I feel like such an idiot for selling that game. At least I kept the OST CD it came with

Not there myself but what I've read is that you have to not return books you've checked out. I assume be spergs out or something about it.

>Ugly game gets commented on how ugly it looks every time it gets brought up
WOW.... I DID NOT EXPECT THIS!

>Not knowing every CV becomes impossonle to find a few months after release

Sorry user. Hopefully it gets into the next CV Collection, if there is one.

>indie game
>40 dollars

>just unlocked double jump
>found some gear i can turn with magic that presumably does something in another room
>only places i remember not being able to get to with single jump are fucking miles away

i understand why people refer to vanias as "that bit" the entire game now

Low cost, quick cast, generally useful. I didn't replace true arrow until Ruinous Rood which is completely overpowered.

Borrow his books and keep checking back on him as you progress, he'll eventually have the Tome of Conquest, borrow that and then go to Glacial Tomb

I don't know what triggers his progression, but I think it's map completion.

You are fucking slow

Attached: 17 hours.jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

>game got stupid easy after I grinded

Attached: 1553042446156.png (599x462, 427K)

If you are using that weapon that it's an exact copy of Heaven's Sword from SotN, you have the exact same setup I did for most of the game.
And yes, Fairy is very broken in this game.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that gear. Does it do anything?

Fuck you i liked both. They are both amazing games.

I like Pyra's asshole!

Shitch user.

I've already 100% my map, but I'll check to see if he has that Tome of Conquest.

What exactly do you do in this game to chain back-steps?
In SotN and OoE you just used a shield, and in the Sorrow games you did this totally awkward jump cancel.

It did fail. There is literally nothing good about it. See Everyone now agrees SOTN is a shitty fucking game and ruined CV forever.

>>only one uncute/unsexy outfit
There's 3.

>it's another Igavania where all the enemies are pushovers and there's only one or two bosses that are an actual threat
Damn it you stupid jap hard mode should be the default for these games quit making things for babies

Attached: 1534281578528.jpg (1695x1271, 1.12M)

Just checked. you've got over 5 hours on me. Still I'm only level 37

I thank god every day my taste isn't this awful.

Does anyone know if the codex version comes with the DLC?

Attached: 1510940381480.png (494x765, 399K)

There's a reason why Blunderstained is dubbed "Mighty No. 9 2.0"

you shouldn't lie on internet pedro

>Over 2000 reviews on Steam
>93% are positive

The game is doing just fine. A few shitposters on Yea Forums is not indicative of a failure. The fact is that the vast majority of people interested in the game are extremely happy with the end result.

Stay mad my dude.

Attached: 1560822032872.png (562x1011, 352K)

Attached: WAKE UP.webm (1920x1080, 1.9M)

While I do prefer the original Castlevanias to the Metroidvanias, I wouldn't mind Bloodstained if it didn't look like utter dogshit. Symphony of the Night was a good game.

the shitposters are trying a little too hard now huh

Attached: 1555617831105.png (411x412, 296K)

fuck that guy I killed him like 6 times for his shard and still not sure what the fuck his attacks are since they hit from a mile away

>Miriam's back tattoo is 3d glass
>but the game goes out of its way to not let you see it

Attached: Back.png (736x1430, 511K)

>I wouldn't mind Bloodstained if it didn't look like utter dogshit.
This. Sadly Shitstained will forever be remembered as the next Mighty No. 9

Nobody ITT has anything positive to say about it. Enjoy your unfinished game with the rest of the game coming as 200$ DLC

It's definitely the Tome of Conquest that triggers it. Thank you!

So why doesn't this spiked armor stop the spikes?

So what's with the guy that's trying to pit fanbases against eachother across this entire board?

It's not just hollowknight vs this, it's literally any game this board talks about. It seems like somebody wants as many people to fight about nothing as possible, doesn't it?

art style always trumps graphics. Which is why ps1 games look better than gmod graphics for instance

>not playing a game because of the fanbase
All fanbases are retarded user, not sure what to tell you.

because you need the aegis armor
why would more spikes stop the existing spikes user

>everyone i don't like is one guy
Oh sweety...

There is somebody doing that. I wish more anons realized it and just ignored the blatant faggotry.

Mirror of Fate is one of the ugliest games I've ever seen.

Hold up on the controller.

I'm sure those 50,000 copypasta'd responses that show up like clockwork are different people

Yeah let me just look at it from two miles away even with the glasses

>His ZA WARUDO literally destroys you
I'm so glad I get to experience this, holy shit.

To be fair there are probably a couple of different people doing it. They usually group up on discord with the intent to shitpost and cause problems.

S E E T H I N G

Attached: Capture.png (437x556, 294K)

Probably budget reasons. 2D HD sprites are actually more expensive.

where are the other costumes? I only have valkyrie

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Discord trannies were behind the shitposting, just as usual.

I heard that maxing out passive shards causes their bonuses to be active all the time even when not equipped. Is that true?

hollow knight really doesnt have that much effort put into the environments. there's tons of repeated elements that they cleverly cover up with some random assets. it's pretty impressive honestly

I was able to dimension shift through that attack

The sequel won't have these problems. Trust me.

>shitty tatoos
RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Only for Detective's Eye

I'd honestly rather have the entire game look like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

I just want to know what this guys endgame is. Pretty obvious from the way he types its one guy sperging out but why? What does he have to gain? They are single player games so it doesn't matter if people play blodstained instead of hollow knight.

It's Unreal. Let's mod it.

I just refunded this game, I hope the developers don't touch another igavania game.

Attached: taokaka-stance.gif (357x362, 86K)

So what, you just wanna see it in the menu?.

In that case, I do agree it's kinda weird you can't rotate her all the way. Would be nice if there was a character viewer on top of the bestiary for Dominique and Zangetsu and Johannes and the like.

It's literally glass.

Some men just want to watch the world burn, user.

I was reading it was compiled on a new version of unreal so people can't unpack the pak file to mod it; Stuff could possible still be replaced at runtime at least.

That's correct, specifically the Rank. From what I can tell, you can max the Rank and improving the Grade will continue to up the effects.

>Castlevania game with female protagonist
Yeah the series is dead to me.

Can anyone link me to that h game that looks like bloodstained? I never managed to download it

>Techniques: 100%
Miriam blowjobs

This. A model viewer would be a nice addition.

Is there a way to make this game look less ugly? I put everything at max settings and it's still hard to look at

We all fuckin' did. Worst game this year by far.

Dude just sell the game like the rest of us did. It's universally hated here for a reason.

You didn't play Order of Ecclesia?

Got the Codex version first but i like the game so much i decided to get it on Steam, which enemy drops the augment STR shard?

I have this complaint about a lot of games which I constantly see described as really pretty - Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, (althoug not described as good, never as bad for some reason) Salt and Sanctuary. All of them have disgusting lighting.

I haven't played this yet, but the last Metroidvania to get everything right for me was Dawn of Sorrow. Perfect game.

>castlevania mirror of fate
>good in any way

WOA woa woa woa.

Where do you find the amount of players in game on Steam?

are you gay? most of the male protags looked like women

Go to Bloodstained community hub and look in the top rightish

I recognise this sort of typing but I forget what other games had that sort of shitposter during release.

youre about a decade late to say that retard

Honestly feels like a PS2 game.

How the fuck is it only 30 fps on the Switch?

Attached: C2E081428C845C9FD7BB38875C4EACF1BA950CBC[1].jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Worst DS game to be honest. Levels were so linear. Getting out of the castle was a mistake.

How many shards "max out" the effects of a shard? 10? I wanna know when I can start selling these things.

>Everyone now agrees SOTN is a shitty fucking game and ruined CV forever.
No, new vanias are superior than boomer basic vanias

It's the shovelware console, it's where developers dump their trash and gullible consumers lop it up. Sorry you had to find out this way, user.

Because the switch is basically an oversized phone.

Kys boomer. Classicvanias were boring trash with artificial difficulty.

Attached: Wide Hips And Soft Breasts.png (381x855, 450K)

>that tattoo texture
>that beard
Was the budget really in the millions?

UE4 is a bloated piece of shit engine that requires you to have the latest graphics cards to run properly.

Demon, mid-game enemy.

Xenoblade 2, KH3, DMC5...

>tfw you didn't back it or even follow its development for so many years
>some user casually drops the Steam keys for base game + DLC in one of the day 1 threads
>holy shit, I'm the first to activate them
>have lots of fun playing the game
thanks user

Attached: e931fde4256ad1d1ef31e05e374176ed[1].png (500x463, 213K)

>worst game of this year
I don't think anything topped Anthem yet for that title.

Okay, I see that. Isn't there a more detailed tab that has highest players ever, etc?

It's amazing how Night of Revenge is turning out to be a better game with better content.

Attached: 1561005514578.png (1194x1200, 706K)

Literally what

stop same fagging.

I believe you want steamspy.com/ and steamcharts.com/

I forgot to mention that Ace Combat 7 also had this style of shitposting. It's pretty much "sink, speedboat!"-tier.

>anything involving the nuns

Attached: Jesus Christ.jpg (887x1097, 77K)

Welp, that was fun. Brute force Greatsword does the trick like always. Took me 3 tries to beat AlucarDio, what about you guys?

Attached: 1390592385382.jpg (845x756, 88K)

>steamspy
>Bloodstained is number 1
shitposter blown out. Is this FFXV -kun? He reminds me of FFXV-kun

ace combat was shit just like DMCV and DEMAKE 2 and KH3

That's fine, I just didn't like the way it looks and sounds, enjoy anyon.

dont care about graphics but the artstyle combined with that cellshaded look just doesnt have much soul

Oh, it is!

Attached: 1553189742528.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

>26,231
steamcharts.com/app/692850

>954
steamcharts.com/app/838310

Curse sold 100K in a week, and the max players is tiny. How many sales are we looking at for Ritual? I figure that game was a money bit for the publisher meanign they have to sell millions to make that back.

26,000 players means it was briefly in the top 20 most played games on Steam, up there with like World of Tanks. For a tiny studio like Artplay that's fantastic.

>we all fucking did
Sure, you samefagging discord trannies. None of you touched the game, fuck off, you aren't going to TORtanic 2 this. Everywhere else on the internet people are singing its praises.

Can anyone recommend me a game with tons of discoverable monsters/equipment and has a cut girl as a protagonist? Thanks.

Probably just a shitposter trying to imitate him

Still mad about XV sucking so bad it got cancelled?

Attached: 1549514549512.png (161x155, 34K)

>Game was marketed as a METROIDVANIA
>Retards are still outing themselves as never having played most of the classics
Nigger, most of the old metroidvania games were more or less linear. Escpacially the castlevania and metroid games.

And apparently only 10 minutes, good lord this game is easy.

>most of the old metroidvania games were more or less linear
It's like the genres are supposed to evolve or something. Is this concept really that hard to understand? Metroidvanias will never be the same in the post-HK world. Every new game will be held to this high standard.

Most people fail to realize these games and Metroid-likes are just Zelda if it were a 2D platformer. The progression gating using items/abilities that change the gameplay to allow new areas to be reached are the same concept.

>LOOK, I AM SHILLING MY VIDEO AGAIN

Why are Hollow Knight fags so insecure?

Hollow Knight has one weapon. It's a metroid-like not a metroidvania. Metroidvania means leveling stats, itemized builds for different desired results such as luck builds, attack builds, INT builds etc. There are dozens and dozens of weapons in a Metroidvania and tons of different magic you can use. Hollow Knight should be compared to 2D Metroid games more than Castlevania/Bloodstained.

>please fight about bloodstained and hk
You're trying pretty hard

That slime wall trap is still the best one for me.

>Mirror of Fate
...Excuse me what?

I fucking hate Bloodstained. But this is a fucking shit bait and you know it.

It's literally the opposite of soul. It has no art direction, no identity.

They're not, this is clearly some group of discord fags trying to stir up shit between the two fanbases

Random question; how many of you use the minimap and how many have it turned off?

I'm debating turning it off but it's nice just having the game indicate when a chest is nearby and whatnot.

>soul is just graphics
this is a soulless opinion
do you see any lootboxes user? games as a service? nah, theres a ton of soul in this

Attached: 1361340224910.jpg (279x284, 24K)

Most of the scenes are pretty fucking legendary.

Attached: 損失.png (377x491, 255K)

>play game
>its exactly like the rest of castlevanias made by iga
>maybe a bit better, with the bigger map and the combat being more fun with spells and combos
>shitposters trying hard to convince that it is actually shit
>mfw

Attached: ham.jpg (500x450, 40K)

I turned it off as soon as it obscured a single bat from my vision and I just play it like the old school and hit the map button and plot a mental course.

It never really got in the way, so I didn't see a reason to disable it; Although, I did just open the full map usually if I wanted to find where I needed to go.

>MORE LIKE ASS STAINED
>WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??????????

You can turn it off?! Holy shit, I need to do this, it's so huge and invasive and you can't really make it any smaller. Really fucking stupid if you're playing on a big screen.

Anthem is actually a good game, unlike shitstain. Only normies push the ANTHEM BAD meme.

I'm the one saying
>soul is just lootboxes
here.

Swapping between a gun, a sword and boots with the quick slots is fucking amazing.

You can resize it, the zoom, and the transparency too; There is a button on the map screen for it.

>Great swords
>Spears
>Knives

Attached: disgusting.jpg (400x300, 65K)

Yeah, go into your map and hit the button for the Minimap editor and there's a button to disable it. You can also shrink it, move it and make it transparent.

>Constant threads for 3 days on Yea Forums
>each thread hits 500+ posts
>26,000 players max on steam, with 16,000 average

Did not expect this. I expected another MN9 flop.

I know, but even the smallest size is still too massive on a big boy display.

I fucking wonder what would happen if SotN came out today
seeing Yea Forums seethe over it as much as the do for this game would be fucking hilarious

>It's like the genres are supposed to evolve or something.
You are saying this about a game that was created soley for the nostalgia factor? That said, it has improved on some things, some of those is adding a crafting system, loot drops and a larger emphasis on the RPG mechanics.

>Metroidvanias will never be the same in the post-HK world.
Why are you trying so fucking hard to pit the two playerbases against each other? The games both have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Oh right, you are either an autist like Barry or a failed shitposter, pick your poison faggot.

Have any of you guys seen the new release trailer yet? I'm starting to wonder if that weird little flute solo at the very end of the vid is a teaser to the third character. Remember how the warp gates have a green guy playing a flute? When they showcase the DLC, on the part that shows the 3 characters, there's red, blue and green person. I'm starting to wonder if we get to play as the flute guy.

It's so close to SotN, it's almost like we get to experience it for the first time with Yea Forums.

Eventually one of these "original creator revivals" was going to be good.
It just took being cucked like an anime fan on prom night a few dozen times.

Attached: shotgun pepe.jpg (320x320, 15K)

This guy makes a LOT of good points. You really should subscribe to him to learn more.

youtube.com/watch?v=PwzM10w9pis

Hollow Knight is a great game, user, it's just not the same type of game as Bloodstained/Castlevania. Comparing them is folly because they're not trying to do the same thing.

Side question for anons, does anyone know the max Familiar level? I assume it's 99, just curious if anyone knows for sure.

Anyone knows why i got shit fps with a config far above what's recommended?

It's not funny user, stop

Yeah, it's 99. Good luck reaching it though unless you are playing on hardmode.

>a crafting system, loot drops and a larger emphasis on the RPG mechanics.
All of this was already included in the DS games.

Attached: gfs_114017_2_20[1].jpg (257x383, 27K)

Some people never get over the Hold Caulfield, all people are phonies except me phase.
And all those people have youtube channels now so you can see their narcissism.

>We

>Hayter: You know, I can do many kinds of voices.
>Iga: Just do the Snake voice

youtube.com/watch?v=irMPqha2YtQ

Turn off the ingame V-sync and ''Framerate smoothing''. You could also try to move the game to a faster drive since it seems like it relies heavily on UE4 content streaming to loading new areas.

>steam boots
What can I do with these?

Attached: steam_boots.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

>People are actually annoyed that Alucard's original english VA is in the game

Attached: 1412301906926.jpg (152x201, 29K)

oh sorry, i read your post wrong, my mistake

HK is better because it's truly non-linear and there's no stupid grinding shortcut to overpower any boss in the game, you either git gud or get fucked. IGAvania's are for babbies and shitters. I mean, familiars with near infinite auto-heal, what the fuck is this, why the fuck is it even in the game?!

They are the final component for leveling up the kick mastery shard

Stomp around loudly and hit slightly harder. That's literally it. Use them to upgrade the passive shard.

Into the vault they go! I am rolling magic right now anyway.

The crafting aspects are new in bloodstained, but I think there were an upgrade system in the last DS game. The RPG mechanics has always just been artificial barriers and useless fluff in the older games though. At best you could exploit a handful of enemies weaknesses and either instantly kill them or make them take massive damage+stun them.

>its exactly like the rest of castlevanias made by iga
Except this one looks like garbage lmfao

>allow you to explore areas in any order
Literally a walking sim, huh?

nonlinear≠good

>what the fuck is this, why the fuck is it even in the game?!
Have you ever played any other castlevania game, namely symphony of the night?

I've noticed that shitposters can only critisize the graphics

its as if you have never played it and only looked screenshots and youtube gameplay videos

Attached: 8ffdc7854d78e87260a1f1f964a7525e--please-consider-bait.jpg (236x236, 10K)

>Anthem is actually a good game, unlike shitstain.

I honestly can't tell anymore if you're just underaged or if this is a concerted effort from a discord tranny group trying their best to sink a game that doesn't confide to their indie game circle jerk.

Either way, saying something that retarded warrants a serious mental health checkup, user.

Attached: Video games.jpg (1600x1640, 324K)

>Familiars with infinite auto-heal
It's not infinite, you have to supply them with fairy potions.

Please just stop posting, you attempts at shitposting are just getting embarrassing now.

which is absolute bullshit and breaks any reason to use the fucking fairy, unlike in SotN, where she was broken
she still a cute tho

Gameplay seemed fine from the little I played of it. I'm not gonna waste my time playing the ugliest Metroid-like released in the past 3 years, though.

She also points out breakable walls/cielings/floors. And also they kind of made it not overly OP because she takes FOREVER to hand over the potion.

>you either git gud or get fucked
HK is piss easy because every level has the same difficulty. Like Terraria, but without the house building shit.

Except you can grind like 30 fairy potions in only 5 minutes and with only Luck 20.

Why the fuck IGA dont used the U3 instead.
>Very cheap than U4
>Solid documatation
>Good graphics works. See the Guilty Gear made with U3

Attached: GGXRD.jpg (1280x720, 369K)

Oh man, she takes literally a whole minute to slowly waft over to your ass and heal you 20HP. absolutely GAME BREAKING.

>>Good graphics works. See the Guilty Gear made with U3

Support for U3 ended, and if you want to make a GOOD U3 game, you have to basically re-write so much of it. So yes, you can "do anything" in it, and have great looking games, but it's not easy.

She seems to heal for 50% HP with Fairy Medicine and 100% with Fairy Elixir.

Supposedly UE4 has some really good Jap translated documentation which is why they're obsessed with the engine. I also think a majority of them think the engine is easy mode in making their games look good. Too bad it's bloated garbage.

>from the little I played of it

Attached: haha faggot.jpg (367x451, 30K)

You know what this game really reminds me off?
Order of Ecclesia. But without the tasteful long hair and bareback.

What part of common parlance do you not understand. I'm talking about the rest of the internet culture shit that came after. You're entirely missing the point of my statement. Every fucking middle aged sadsack wasn't walking down the street memeing.