Would you touch next gen if it was FIVE NINETY NINE

Attached: dims.jpg (530x351, 36K)

Yes.

Back then most of us were in school with not as much money and gayming was still considered pretty childish. Today you have people spending $200 for some seats at stupid exports tournament

Back then it was also hella expensive for a decent flat screen TV. Today you can get one for like $300.

Only if it's actually worth that price, and going by next-gen specs they seem to be going for cheaper PC-like structures, so in this case not really. But even if it had a more traditional console architecture with unique parrts I'd just wait for a price drop or something.

I barely care for the console price really, but I'll be surprised if it has anything to motivate me to buy one. It has to at least be better than my backlog because I'm not exactly short on games to play.

Attached: ps5.jpg (400x97, 27K)

I'm not going over 500 unless it's got some good launch games. Else I'm waiting for a sale

I didn't even get a PS4 until it dropped to 200, so I'm going to say no.

For a Ps3 you had to buy a flat screen TV that was at least 720p. These normally cost more than $600 back in 2006 for the lowest-end one. This is why that shitty 3D 24" TV Sony had for like $200 was such a big deal when it came out years ago.

Games were also $60 each and they stayed around that price for years. Rarely did you see AAA go into the bargain bin for $10 a pop less than a year later like you do now.

>but much blu-ray

No one fucking used bluray until the 2010s rolled around. It was hardly an improvement over DVD on most bluray adaptations. It was also directly competing with HD-dvd and no one knew if Sony would win. Again, everyone was happy with DVD and its 480p quality, plus movies were being broadcast on payperview in 1080p. Blurays were only being released in 720p, and sometimes "up converted" to 1080p, but none were in native 1080p. The whole bluray deployment was disastrous which is what quickened its death to streaming

>20Gb
>60Gb
Holy shit, are they serious?

No. I'll stick to pc gayming and shitposting.

It was big enough at the time, back then Sony wasn't yet forcing devs to have digital versions of every games and most games were physical-only except smaller indie-like games (most early ps3 games also either didn't need an install, or the install was very small. Until MGS4 anyway, which allowed to install parts of it and delete to make space).

That aside, the 20GB was very short lived (had other lacking things like no wifi), got discontinued in NA 5 months after launch.

Eitherway, those console always allowed to just slap your own hard drive in there with no hassle anyway.

This was before digital games on consoles were a thing beyond small things like Pac-Man Championship Edition.

No, cause Sony betrayed us.

Attached: 46120419694_2498b5d90c_h.jpg (1600x900, 253K)

Oh, ok.
I thought it was PS4 or the new one.
It's reasonable for the time when console games were actually on the CDs.

no any console more than 399 is DOA. it happened with the ps3 (till they cut it to 399) and it happened with xboxone (once again till they cut it to 399).

based

Attached: .png (1004x1116, 567K)

I will buy the next Xbox for 600

Yes.

But not day one unless it's crazy.

I mean, I don't have to buy an Xbox next gen anyway so I'm saving money on hardware there.

Low high end sets are about $1,500.

same desu. that hardware ray tracing stuff has me interested. sounds like another 360 which was years ahead of its time.

That's wrong though.

Assassin's Creed was like half off a month after release and I remember getting cod4 for like 30% off a month after release. Shit got cheap quick enough back then.

Your memory is bad

Assassins creed came out october 2007 and you're claiming by Christmas it was half off? Buying the game used on Craigslist doesn't count Tyrone.

>No, stay, Snoy has cinematic experiences and 2 free games every month***

Depends on the hardware, I have a PC, PS4 and switch. PS4 never gets used, I only bought it for my wife.

The only reason I'd get next gen is if it offered something I wouldn't get on PC. This gen is fucking shocking and I'm glad I got the consoles for pretty cheap.

If I can get games with more giant enemy crabs in ancient Japan.

Never for $600 or $500
Maybe for $400 if the launch titles are actually good/not available on PS4 (they won't be)
The PS4 ended up with a great exclusive library at the end of it's life cycle, but as someone who primarily uses PC, I don't have any need to automatically upgrade to the next gen systems.
A lot of the PS4's good games came out awhile after launch, and with Sony talking about how they want "fewer but bigger" games on the PS5, I'm worried the release schedule will be even slower.
Might just buy the inevitable Pro model.

zoom zoom

Nigger learn to read, it says Playstation 3 right in the fucking image

No

>The PS4 ended up with a great exclusive library at the end of it's life cycle
RDR2 , GoW, what else?

ill pay what it costs when an exclusive i want launches on it

APOLOGIZE

Attached: CellBroadbandEngineArchitecturePS3Board.jpg (2560x1920, 755K)

Hoping not to get roped into consoles next gen.

>[CURRENT YEAR]
>unironically spending money on vidya
LOL
O
L

Maybe if they have some games and not just movies/walking simulators and capeshit.

Attached: 1559306815202.jpg (960x960, 139K)

No. Consoles have stopped making sense this gen. They're just mini-PCs nowadays with much worse quality/price ratio. I'll just build a PC and maybe go for a Nintendo system on the side.

The XBOX ONE was unironically $599 in Australian retailers on release.

Attached: ARRRHRHGHGHGR.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

I usually wait a few years to get it cheaper and with actual games

This. I don't even give a fuck about next gen anymore. Unless Nintendo can make its shit more affordable (and with quality hardware).

now that you mention it I totally forgot that most people still had CRTs when that gen started

No, but didn't we get a SEVEN NINETY NINE figure the other day?
Wouldn't put it past Snoy to never learn.

Also, 599 USD in 2006 correspond to about 760 USD in 2019.

I wouldn't touch the next gen even for free

if its actually backwards compatible fully then i'll just sell my ps4 and buy a ps5

I'm not.
And I don't know a lot of people who are.
It's kinda weird, actually, it really doesn't feel like the end of a generation. I remember when the PS4/XBone were first coming out, I was *ready* for them. I don't feel that way about this next gen. I don't feel like my PS4 is old and crusty, like I felt about my PS3 when the 4 came out, and I'm honestly not sure what makes this situation different from that.

>for the p(l)ayers

>Knack III bundle

>Back then most of us were in school with not as much money and gayming was still considered pretty childish.
Did time itself freeze when I wasn't looking, or did you forget new kids are born and grow up every day?

Attached: 1545453684826.jpg (400x381, 39K)

I am literally the only human being alive.
The rest of you are just super elaborate hallucinations.
Or am I the hallucination?

I bought a launch 60GB model, don't look at me. Best one to own for CFW as well, mine still works too and kept being useful. Best way to play ps2 games, and I can play pirated ones on CFW.

You may just as well be a hallucination.
Not like we'll ever meet in person.

Be glad we were able to come together on here as people of similar interests, and discuss those interests.

>people will pay 600$ plus tips to play the shittier version of multiplats for the few first years of the console.
Imagine being this retarded

In a world were people are ok with buying $1000 phones, is a $600 console really out of the question?