The cancellation of Scalebound hurt him pretty bad, huh? He hasn't made a game since

The cancellation of Scalebound hurt him pretty bad, huh? He hasn't made a game since.

Attached: HidekiKamiya-768x432.jpg (768x432, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RR4c3wsFsMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

addicted to twitter

he's working on one right now but I hope he never deals with microsoft again

Is this that guy who shitposts on twitter all day?

Scalebound was going to be the game-changer for the company and the director. It was really meant to be their next "Bayonetta", in terms of importance. And that game got cancelled like it did. Definitely not a good look for the director, considering the game ran really bad during conferences and demo booths.
Kamiya as a director is done.

I really want to hear his take on working with Microsoft or western companies in general. He was really vocal about it prior to cancelation.

Reminder Microsoft tried to use Scalebound to make Platinum broke and then buy Platinum.
Luckily a game called Nier Automata happend

He still seems to be in good blood with Microsoft, even after the game's cancellation. Apparently the decision was agreed by both parts.
He still pissy as fuck about Sony though.

But scalebound is being made for switch now

What did Sony do to him?

I don't know.

I have no doubt a spiritual replacement will come but probably for the next Nintendo console rather than switch, platinum have a lot on their plate.

t.insects

I don't know the story but you should know Sony are major cunts

I just found out days ago that NIS and Marvelous are dying because of Sony.

Platinum still broke and in financial troubles way before scalebound. To give you a perspective, Bayonetta was a flop for Sega and platinum

Like bethesda tried to do to obshitdian

>he's mad at sony
>I don't know why

Attached: b61.jpg (2037x1131, 259K)

Can't believe there are still faggots that blame microsoft for the incompetence of this angry manlet faggot. He had over 4 years of development time and at the end of it there was absolutely nothing where anyone involved saw a salvageable game. No one would cancel a 4+ year project if it just needed another year of dev time. The game looked like absolute shit, literally all of it. The premise, the graphics, the design, the gameplay and the performance. Everything was an absolute mess.

Microsoft even pushed out Crackdown 3, a game that is completely awful and was delayed multiple times. Scalebound wasn't even on the level of Crackdown 3 it was so incompetently made. Fagiya obviously tried to chew way more than he could handle and he was also an absolute faggot about it.

>He still seems to be in good blood with Microsoft
i think it's the opposite, that things got so bad that inaba had to come out and take half the blame to save the opportunity for future business.
you know how phil spencer is desperately trying to get japanese content on their next xbox, looks like he burned all bridges with platinum staff after scalebound or else he'd have something to show

Explain the other games Microsoft canceled around the same time

Blocked. :P

As someone who used to work in game development

If you are passionate about making video games, you put a part of your soul in each game you make. When that game is cancelled beyond your control, that's basically the equivalent of part of your soul being ripped out and being lost forever. You can't release the game, you can't finish it, you can't keep working on it. It's just gone along with the part of your soul that you put in.

It takes a lot out of you and you really you have to PUSH yourself to recover from that and get past it.

Explain why Scalebound looked like a 1 year dev time test build after 4 years of development.

Explain why every other platinum game has developed just fine, why would scale bound be any different unless it was somehow sabotaged.

When the last time Kamiya directed anything?

because videogames only come together into something resembling a videogame near the end of development

Wonderful 101, I hear it was super good but I didn't own a Wii U.

after 4 years, I expect it to be ready. Dev time cost money, more time more money need to be spend.

That was 5 years ago and he hasn't made anything since. And Bayo 3 still doesn't have any playable gameplay they can show

Are you seriously asking this? It was by far the biggest and most ambitious game platinum ever made. They couldn't handle it.
So you're agreeing that they are incompetent and the game wasn't anywhere near the end of development after 4 years.

and it wasn't? you're pretending like they didn't do shit
youtube.com/watch?v=RR4c3wsFsMM

He spent like 4 of those years directing Scalebound. Of course he doesn't have another game out yet.

they probably just brought in some midwestern madden dudebros for focus testing and they decided the game looks gay so ms cancelled it.
it's extra funny because MHWorld was a huge success with a similar aesthetic and gameplay a few years later

The Scalebound fiasco and the current hiatus is probably the result of burnout after years of giving it his all, moreso than Microsoft being evil. Heck, M$ seems to be pretty good at building and maintaining bridges theses days instead of burning them, despite their own mistakes and losses. Platinum will probably get to "redeem" themselves on the Scarlet.

Dude literally slept in his office for 4 months making Wonderful 101. Whose knows what he was doing to save Scalebound before it was cancelled.

Hopefully he bounces back strong. I don't like every game he makes, but he always tries to bring a new experience to the table.

It's well documented that Microsoft kept changing what Scalebound was. Before it was cancelled it had become some sort of 4 player bro-op monster hunter. People who don't do game development don't ever understand how vastly different some games are even when they appear superficially similar.

Platinum bit off more than they could chew, and MS simply asked for too much, within regards to Scalebound.

It was meant to be a massively open world dragon flying character action game with a slew of colossal monsters to fight. It was also meant to have a grand and sprawling RPG story/ quests and towns/ loads of characters/varied locals etc. Aside from the character action elements, these aren't exactly Platinum's strong points. Nier pulled through by having a writer with unique ideas, more realistic ambitions and sparse environments.

What we saw for Scalebound when the gameplay was first premiered was a game that had stiff and slow looking combat with awkward dragon commands, a bland, by the numbers main character, slow dragon flying and giant monsters that looked like something out of Lost Planet 1. It also had shoehorned multiplayer, which is something Platinum weren't exactly well versed in either. The graphics were okay though, and sometimes even rather pretty, which seemed to indicate that the game had at least a decent budget.

Which could explain Microsoft's frustration, were it reaching into lofty development costs. (Not that Halo ever stopped them). Microsoft were desperate at that point in the Xbox One's lifecycle, which is probably why they rushed to make a deal with a prestigious, yet niche developer like Platinum in the first place. I can imagine they explicitly wanted the game to be an open world rpg title, in the vein of something like Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim, or later on, Horizon. If they thought that ultimately, a game like scalebound just wouldn't reach an appropriate market share of the Xbox One's userbase, (say, 0.5-1 million), through hype analytics and whatnot, then it isn't surprising they decided to cancel it. Crackdown 3, on the other hand, might have at least seemed likely to sell a fair bit more.

The Switch rumours regarding the game were idiotic. Microsoft remained the sole owner of the IP.