Will gamefreak fix this before they release it?

will gamefreak fix this before they release it?

Attached: 76qdqq5f7c431.jpg (950x720, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JayroachSSB/status/1139246840719691776
youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3I1fx1GOuc
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJgt6Sp7VI
youtube.com/watch?v=seKaU-qQuts
youtu.be/uQqiOt2UNA4
gonintendo.com/stories/338119-pokemon-sword-shield-the-second-most-preordered-title-at-gamest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol

No.

The real question should be whether the game is fun or not. Graphics do not matter. Indie games show that gameplay and whether or not something is fun is all that at the end of the day what matters.

keep seething pokemon is oging to be good

>game "that's $60 + tip" freaks fixing anything

>will gamefreak fix

Attached: laughing animals.gif (600x370, 2.68M)

Hey retard, the reason people keep bitching about the shit graphics is because improving the animations and graphics was the cited reason for gamefreak cutting pokemon.

Honestly the fanbase deserve it for accepting the low quality and low effort garbage shat out by GF

>Gotta catch some of them, not all
it won't have soul.

Graphics matter based on a principle of budget and gameplay
Since they're charging $60 and they're going to exclude significant amount of pokemon (at least at launch), I would say that graphics do matter since they obviously aren't spending too much of their budget on anything else (unlike the 3DS, when they had to make 3D models for every pokemon).

the only chance it really has would be if it turns out they were basically done with most of the shit they had to do with the game, then they theoretically COULD go back and fix graphical stuff and apply any polish they need to. HOW LIKELY it is they would still do that is a different question.

please understand

>every game is an indie game
if SwSh is this shitty it should cost what an indie game costs

>indie game
>game made by the people behind the worst's most successful franchise
>somehow it's ok for the latter to be at the same level/even worse than a game made by studios with a budget from a fucking kickstarter

Attached: hold it.jpg (262x193, 12K)

Goddamn it, I'm tired.
*world's most successful franchise

Unless they fix the whole no national dex thing I ain't buying. I can overlook a lot of shit as long as I can raise my favorite new mons and bring my old ones into a new game. Fuck 'em with their lazy asses sitting on a 90 billion dollar franchise and can't even do basic shit right.

This might be a good argument if it wasn't coming from an incompetent company that owns the most high selling franchises in the world. Its true, that not all games need to be photo realistic, masterpieces when it comes to graphics, but generally the idea behind that is that it makes up for it in gameplay or is aiming at a particular style or retro theme. I dont think anyone says to themselves that "Wow that tree is a homage to the N64 graphics" but rather "Holy Shit Gamefreak, can you do ANYTHING right?"

No, worst most successful franchise is more appropriate.

Oh look, yet another thread where anons display a lack of knowledge about game development

Attached: 3C2ABE39-CD59-4114-BA56-286384F356D8.png (360x333, 184K)

Literally every aspect of the mainline titles has gone to shit or is stuck two decades in the past.

Nintendo is not an indie studio. There is no excuse for how bad these visuals are.

Fuck off retard
Pokemon makes enough money for each game to be a technical marvel.

Does the whole game look that bad? If so why so you all keep posting that one tree?

They have to make 3D Models on the Nintendo Switch too you fucking Snoyfag

Please guys stop being so mean, GF is just a multibillion dollar indie company after all.

They don't have to make them completely from scratch, asearlier models can be used as references. They also don't have to make them for every pokemon. Maybe the cost is similar in total because HD models take more work (or less, if they cut a lot out), but their budget is also higher.

Pffft

Attached: 1560405851468.png (1056x1200, 1.36M)

The feeling of being at these flat grass plains and walking by these identical N64 trees....is really going to be breathtaking.

Yea Forums, reddit and all the gaming websites will shit on this game all the way up til release and after, but said faggots will still buy the games day one. pokefags have battered wife syndrome and will eat up ANYTHING even if they know it's shit. GF knows this which is why they're not even bothering

>(at least at launch)
they have already said they arent adding more

user, you're a fucking idiot, you know that?

I know it's going to sell +15million but god damn I'll still be depressed about it. I hate mindless sheep so much.

>hah! they don’t know but I do!
>but I’m not actually going to list any reasons or provide any kind of evidence to back up my claims

ok you make game then faggot

Attached: 1558809936741.png (880x848, 40K)

Official statements that I've seen boil down to an unspecified number of pokemon won't be included, and they aren't sure what they'll do after launch
That's a really great argument.

There's been plenty of footage showing pop in, framerate drops, bad textures, and poor animation. OP's image is just the current one making the rounds.

>That's a really great argument
It's not an argument, it's a fact. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about so just stop posting.

No, you don't know anything.

they have 0 plans to add more. theyve said this. you can also look up the tiny amount of pokes from older gens already man

Attached: 1423711767098.png (1372x940, 23K)

People have provided enough logical reasons in any of the hundred previous threads bitching about the same thing, including myself. If you haven’t learned to look past your naive mindset yet then it ain’t happening, and I’m not going to spoonfeed you some more, especially when it comes to more amorphous things like budgeting speculation, visual fidelity, development priorities

Attached: 901E3345-6BD1-4299-AF9C-D22A4B6B57C3.gif (500x456, 183K)

They will fix that specific tree and nothing else.

Attached: 1560297495877.jpg (600x665, 227K)

>GF
>Doing something

lol,they are going to work on the gatcha shit because that doesn't even need work, just make some animations

>visual fidelity
k

They don't have to make anything from scratch because they're reusing the 3DS models

Its the same models you massive shithead

I said about as much, although I'm sure there's some work to be done with optimizing for HD and finer detail, and with overworld assets. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a challenge to throw all of the Gen 7 models into Sword and Shield.

Please understand
We had to cut many Pokémon to achieve these graphics

Nope. I'd recommend not giving them money.

Even if that were 100% true you’re a huge idiot if you think the polys being the same means they just plug them into the new game

The only changes are main characters, taking LGPE as reference, the 2 main characters have modern models, as anything in the past 2 decades should be, while gym leaders still use texture swaps to simulate eyelids and emotion, just like a generic npc.

Typical, trying this hard to imply it takes any effort at all. Nintendo always squeezes the last bit of power out their consoles to make their games look as best as possible, meanwhile GameFreak just dumped their literal 3DS assets on a switch project.

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

>gf
>fixing anything

ampharos is cute

Can someone post that fake game with red gyorados. The one with really nice upscaled graphics. Thankz.

No, don't buy it please

This is the least of the game's problems. Low poly trees don't bother me, just make the game good please.

It would be nice, but knowing how incompetent they are, it’s probably better that they don’t try to.
>We’re fixing the trees but removing even more Pokemon to make room for the hundreds of redundant copies of the new nicer looking tree model

But there are no logical reasons other than incompetence.

Small indie company please understand

Attached: 1547393736184.jpg (1977x1930, 1.02M)

herro royar prayer, Masuda here. we have fix tree but due to time constraints, we have remove Trevanant and Sudowoodo from the game.

>keep seething pokemon is going to be good
>Pokemon game doesn't even half half the Pokemon

>Xenoblade 2 was made by 40 people because 160 of Monolith's staff were working on Breath of the Wild
>they had to make all the assets from scratch
>100 people made fucking Let's KANTOOOOO, and all the Pokemon in that are reused Sun and Moon models with the only new models being Pikachu and Eevee
>and 150 people are working on Sword Shield, with a shit ton of premade Sun and Moon Pokemon assets for like 800 Pokemon already

No one would really care about the graphics if it wasn't for the cut pokemon. If you have to cut pokemon because apparently the animations and graphics are too time consuming, you better have some pretty fucking good ones.

Attached: 1560837674519.png (1243x463, 90K)

Except the gameplay is already fucked, they cut the roster in half. So on top of shit graphics, the gameplay won't be as good as normal either.

Monolith Soft and Nintendo's Team 1 would make such a good video game. Can you imagine cruising across these lands, exploring every nook and cranny, finding rare Pokemon in small corners tucked away in the map? Or randomly running into trainers whose teams are scaled to your level and time spent playing the game? Hordes of Tauros running across an open plain, Wingulls gliding in uneasy circles above the ocean, Pelippers diving into the water from above, Kalina tumbling down from huge trees overhead...

God, this is the game that Pokemon lovers deserve. Not this easy, boring tripe. It would be GOTY every year.

Attached: 1561001084328m.jpg (783x1024, 62K)

Even twitter normies are starting to catch on

twitter.com/JayroachSSB/status/1139246840719691776

I still don't know why people want that so much, I'm still seething over Breath of the Wild killing everything I like about Zelda.

>having the Johto region with Breath of the Wild sizes and graphics.
I wouldn't even mind if Kanto were missing.

Today I shall remind them
youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE

This series hasn't had any soul since gen 3 (maybe some of gen4). They made a little comeback with X and Y, but sun and moon were such a travesty.

Overall I'm liking the design aesthetic of a lot of the game, but come *on* gamefreak.

Cutting megas and Z moves was the right choice though, but introducing another gimmick to replace them was just fucking dumb. Why make the improvement of removing a major wart on this series and then undo that?

I like that we are getting traditional random encounters AND the lets-go encounters (you see the Pokemon before the fight begins). Wingull's lack of animation in the overworld though... And why are they out in the middle of the fields instead of at a coast?

Oh my God, if I see this fucking tree one more time...

You Pokéfags are the worst. It's a tree, who gives a flying fuck?

Attached: Pepe.jpg (228x221, 7K)

Everything you liked about Zelda was shit.

Gen 2 is my favourite gen, but a brand new region that really took advantage of all of the possibilities for geographic and geological differences would be ideal. Snowy area, volcanic area, beaches, rivers, ponds, lakes, young woods, old growth forests, mountains, caverns, fissures, parks, etc. The world would feel a lot more live and "full" compared to BotW with hordes of Pokemon inhabiting it.

Im a gameplay>graphics fag, but this is over the line. Gamefreak has no excuse to not put out quality work or something that reflects an ounce of effort. Its Ok to have questions like:

They are fucking loaded and their games still look and run like shit, Why can't this well funded dev accomplish something that other developers who arent billionaires can?
Why have they made so little improvements from their previous games? Why is their new big feature uninspired and mandatory for gyms?
Why does this game look so much worse than other games on the same system?

Attached: product.jpg (1200x1125, 218K)

How can you unironically use a Pepe meme and still be so unaware of the power of symbols? Dense.

wtf that shit look like ocarina of time nigga haha

Man it sure sucks I don't play Pokemon for graphics or I'd be able to care.

WE
*rips old assets*
WUZ
*can't be asked to add all Pokemon creatures*
POKEMEN
*60$ plus tip*
N' SHIT
*adds terrible designs like literally just a fucking sheep*

>You play the on the twitch TV
>reddit spacing
checks out, bucko

Attached: 1512135077587.jpg (801x762, 88K)

pepe doesn't have power holy shit
liberals assigned pepe a political identity just to yell at it
hes literally a strawman fallacy and is posted just for reaction images elsewhere

Yeah crazy! Maybe that’s why it has the OoT UI on it! retard

It’s a fucking paragraph you dense motherfucker

I love how "formatting your posts to make them more legible" is now classified as "Reddit spacing" and is apparently something to be ashamed of. Good job giving yourself away as either 1) a teenager, or 2) a manchild. Try learning to not type like a retard and maybe all of your posts won't be about attacking those who write clearly.

>"Pepe isn't a symbol!"
>Proceeds to talk about how Pepe is used as a symbol
Memes are symbols, dumbfuck. They're well-known and understood representations of an idea or a feeling

Play these links at the same time for the maximum next-gen Pokemon experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3I1fx1GOuc
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJgt6Sp7VI
youtube.com/watch?v=seKaU-qQuts

Attached: ocarina-of-time-randomizer-n64-adult-link-dark-tunic.jpg (720x533, 98K)

Aight so I’m not defending this obviously ass-looking game, but the problem gamefreak has is they have a shitload of staff that only know how to make pokemon games and basically zero staff that know how to make huge open world games. In fact, in all of Nintendo only monolith have staff like that, and they have to spend time helping the Zelda team. Suddenly ramping up a dev team to do a completely different kind of game is not at all easy, decisions like that are how you ended up with technological disasters like mass effect andromeda. This shit needs to be slowly ramped up over like a decade. But the problem is this shit wasn’t even remotely feasible on a 3DS, and now they suddenly have more power than a PS3. They’re basically in the same position the rest of Nintendo was when the Wii U came out and they suddenly had to learn how to write shaders. Sword and Shield are going to be ugly and there isn’t much they can do about it, but the games that follow will probably look way better.

Attached: 1560267898259.png (653x334, 10K)

Putting "fag" at the end of any word is the laziest possible way to develop a term, and ironically isn't as convenient.

>"i'm sure they'll fix it next gen"
I know you're not defending how things are but they have no incentive to improve. They clearly don't even want to work on these games anymore, only doing so because they know they'd go under without it.

>Everything you liked about Zelda was shit
t. open world cuck
>who cares about gameplay, I want to walk around KANTOOOOO

>babyspeak is better

Not posting the official pokemon version.
youtu.be/uQqiOt2UNA4

Fucking PS1 games have better animations than this trash, fuck off bootlicker.

That's not what I said.

Do you?

There’s some truth to this. If people buy it anyway then that’s a lack of incentive to improve. However, I have SOME faith that not everyone at gamefreak is a complete moron; presumably someone higher up is vaguely aware that this shit is not sustainable indefinitely. And it probably isn’t, and I also have faith that, should sales dip, they’ll start thinking about some kind of reboot. And I say this as someone who doesn’t even like Pokemon very much and hasn’t bought one for about ten years, I just think it’s very hard to have everyone in a company be that complacent.

What's your point? Am I going to be criticized for typing this in english as well? What about breathing? That's popular. Fucking retard.

The game is already done
They're just waiting for the better launch window to get those sweet holiday impulse buys

No, they don't have to. Preorders are at an all time high and the game is going to sell. Not even the score matters if the games makes high sales and the brand name alone can power through several bad games.

Attached: vlxp4ux40e531.jpg (1280x4320, 545K)

Gamefreak is a joke, they operate on an assumption that the fanboys will buy their games anyway so they just give no fucks and shit out low effort games that are a generation behind

Bet 90% of basedfags will still buy S&S

Shut up nigger, jewbook bans and removes posts with fag in it even if it's censored

>Preorders are at an all time high
>citation needed

Real question, who should Nintendo give mainline Pokemon to from now on? I feel like HAL would be a good pick, but they are balls deep doing Smash.

back to work wagie you have textures to enhance. :^)

answer quickly user!

Attached: jepperz.png (1300x608, 1.16M)

gonintendo.com/stories/338119-pokemon-sword-shield-the-second-most-preordered-title-at-gamest

No. Why? Nintards will buy it anyway.

>thinking this game will be good given they've released three bad games in a row

Attached: Woodcutting.png (1322x1096, 836K)

Thanks for providing me a source that does not prove your argument in any way whatsoever. I don't think you know how facts or numbers work.

In order to back up a claim like "pre-orders for Pokemon SwSh are at an all-time high", you need to compare it to previous pre-order numbers for other Pokemon games. Not use a list that ranks Pokemon against other E3 game pre-orders over a one-week basis, without any numbers. Dumbass.

You all bought US/UM and you'll buy this shit as well
Switch owners will buy literally anything

Games don't usually use reflections at all and they all fake it by using baked cubemaps, this is a pretty common concept. So you'll see any static geometry reflected in the baked cubemap, but not any dynamic objects.

Real reflections require a rerender, that's why working mirrors are so uncommon, they're not worth the performance hit.

Where do you think pokemon would be now if it was managed by nintendo instead? Do you think we'd be here?

NINTENDO

We would be a hell of a lot closer to it. I think Pokemon will get there some day. I hope it does. I hope SwSh sell like shit and this incentivizes the revitalization of the franchise

They'll improve the stuff people are complaining/joking about so as to assuage the naysayers but on release there'll be something else that looks funny.

look at this dood
oh nononoNONONO

Attached: 1560963361682.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

OHNONONNONOO DELET THIS THIS IS GAME FREAK'S FIRST CONSOLE GAME PLEASE

They're not going to learn. They've reached their graphical apex with XY and back then people excused that game's shittiness by saying "they'll learn". Guess what, they never did, they just kept dumbing the games down while making marginal improvements that sound outright laughable when you consider we're talking about the world's highest grossing franchise in all media. People were excited that they will abandon the grid based world design for good in SM for god's sake, in 2016.
It doesn't help that they relegated their B-team to work on the new Pokemon game, while the best guys are working on a brand new series on Switch not many will give a fuck about. Not that it would be that much better, but perhaps it would be less glaringly incompetent.
We already got a soft reboot in LGPE. Game Freak can be as daft as they please because people will buy these games anyway, hell, even now when they literally confirmed they're cutting Pokemon with no apparent pay-off they have legions of shills and naive motherfuckers who defend them night and day. Just look at /vp/, a lot of threads there are ironic shitposts, but when they're not over the top, they're the perfect representation of the mindset of an average Pokemon fan.
If there's backlash, we'll get the full dex in the second set of sequels at best. At worst they'll just ignore everything and that's what's likely going to happen.

Attached: pokemon xy hd.webm (1920x1080, 1.66M)

It's Pokemon.
The gameplay has always been painfully mediocre.

BUT THAT'S DOLPHIN EMULATOR, AND IT'S UNFAIR BECAUSE GENIUS SONORITY HAD MORE EXPERIENCE

Attached: sniff.jpg (583x875, 166K)

>I aaam the greaty mighty poo~

>empty open fields and restrictive corridors
Why can't they do something in-between?

Is this porn

I heard they're cutting a lot of pokemon creatures in this game, can anyone confirm if all Pokemon GO characters are going to make it??

nope, galar is too cold for them

It's actually a side story from the Majora's Mask manga

no but there's a lot of water

My only problem is that they’re stating that graphics and HQ animations are the reason for cutting pokémon, but if the animations are shit and the graphics are shit then that justification is null

Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon

"graphics bad" is somewhat too vague, the more specific reason to complain about this is that it's jarringly inconsistent. the character model basically looks fine and modern, but you can't have a 2011 character model running around in a 1994 level. if the graphics were "stylized" to look retro maybe you'd have a point.

Just like Game Freak then

Pray that i don't alter the deal further

SMALL
INDIE
COMPANY

Corporations aren't your friends. You don't need to suck their dick user

>Real reflections require a rerender, that's why working mirrors are so uncommon, they're not worth the performance hit
Or they can just use screen space reflection like any other modern games.

The original 150 are all that matter anyway

I thought you wanted the early 3D aesthetic in more games, Yea Forumsee

The only possible way that Pokemon would fail is if a new game played literally worse than Sonic 06.
And I doubt that'd actually fail anyways, with hordes of drones still defending it.

>gamefreak
>putting in effort
lmao

actually cope

But indie games still look good even if they aren't realistic, this just looks terrible