Hey lads, got any advice for someone that wants to start streaming shit...

Hey lads, got any advice for someone that wants to start streaming shit? I’d mainly want to stream Smash but I’d also play random games like Battlefront 2 (2005) or Dead Rising on my Xbone. What shit would I need to stream Smash Ult? I have OBS on my shit Windows laptop.

Attached: 283B6E97-68AC-4CEF-AF50-9B5E6F87A45E.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Elgato-Game-Capture-HD60-PlayStation/dp/B01DRWCOGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get a capture card user

Don't bother unless you're the first to hop on a trend (and you're good at it) like Fortnite or have some wacky personality or other gimmicky. Otherwise its a waste of time.

This
What are you streaming for, OP? Fame or just because you want to cultivate a small but tightly knit viewing party?

Definitely just for a tight knit party. I could give less of a shit about “fame”. This is just to cure some boredom now that I graduated from uni.

fuck you

Get a non-shit Windows laptop since streaming for large amounts of time will eventually cause desyncs with your HD.

I do have a decent Macbook and desktop but I know OBS has issues with it.

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 17K)

Already have one you dingus. This in my free time.

Get another one

This, also make sure you don't have chink tier internet

Dont bother unless youre a cute virtual girl

Unironically

Virtual streamers are the future

dont bother. It won't pan out and everyone will hate you

He is :^)

If anything, I could test the waters and do random shit via my Xbone using the twitch app. Won’t cost me a penny. I have plenty of games to stream. May even be tempted to stream old school COD (I have BLOPS 1 and MW2)

Attached: 218DFE2C-4DFC-4C65-B442-23875EBFBF32.jpg (576x768, 78K)

That sounds horrible

Here is my unironic advice. When you start streaming, first make sure everything works right, then get EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO WATCH.

All of your internet friends, your family, basically everyone. And have them be active in chat. If you can get 20 or so viewers and they're all talking in the chat and having a good time, you won't be at the bottom of the page and you'll get more people to join, then more people will join and so on.

Seriously, I can not stress this enough. Just get EVERYONE to watch. You just need a solid base number of people to start watching and you'll snowball and attract more and more. You just need that first bump though. Don't be one of those faggots streaming to no one at the bottom of the page.

Being a streamer requires you to be a sort of people person to be successful. You need to network and make friends basically. Join a Discord server, make a lot of friends, get everyone to know you, then tell them about your stream and you'll surely get people who will want to watch. If you're someone who finds yourself becoming popular/well known in online games/MMOs, streaming could totally be your thing if you're willing to work at it, but you have to be willing to work at it. It isn't as easy as "play game = get money" like retards will have you believe. It's hard work.

>Definitely just for a tight knit party.
This is perfect. If you can get a small group of people who are willing to be active in chat, you'll become more successful. If you want to stream Smash though, you might need a better computer and I would get a capture card. I can't tell you shit about capture cards really, I used a Hauppauge HDPVR 2 but I doubt those are sold anymore or are any good.

Attached: unknown-23[1].png (640x363, 327K)

Good news is that I have a shit ton of discord peeps and my uni bros.

The only shitty part is I can't tell you ANYTHING about capture cards. I'd just look up what Capture cards other Smash players use. I was trying to look through ZeRo's Youtube channel and Twitch channel to see if he has written anywhere what capture card/setup he uses but I couldn't find anything.

If anything I was half tempted just to message Alpharad for tips. He’s chill.

Alpharad kicks ass. I did some minor googling and it seems like this is the one a lot of people talk about and use. It has a lot of good reviews too. It's the Elgato HD60 S:
amazon.com/Elgato-Game-Capture-HD60-PlayStation/dp/B01DRWCOGA

You might need a better computer than a shitty laptop to use it though. It does seem to have system requirements and it requires a couple of USB 3.0 ports that your Laptop might not have. Check out the reviews before getting it.

Don't play any of those, play a new game thats niche and that no one pays attention to but would be welcome to a streamer.

The only thing somewhat new I got is MK11. I’m not really trying to pander to trends or niches desu, I’ll just stream what I normally play.

How to obtain ez e-money? Youtube seems dead because of the demonitization fiasco.

Attached: 1560743352466.jpg (749x748, 28K)

Sell some shit online
Google 4 hour work week