ITT :

>ITT :

games that only you played

Attached: 37080-Koudelka_[Disc1of4]_[U]-1.jpg (600x593, 112K)

Attached: Ark Of Time.jpg (400x400, 61K)

This and the first one. Skipped Enemy Zero, it looked too shitty to try.

Attached: D2.jpg (600x315, 22K)

I unironically believe that Koudelka is a better fusion of horror and RPG than Parasite Eve.

survival horror and rando encounters and a slow-ass grid based combat system did not mix well. I had to drop my autistic rule to not skip entries so I could finally enjoy Shadow Hearts.
Definitely not mechanically, no.

Attached: dna_dark_native_apostle.png (343x433, 181K)

I played it but got stuck in a boss and dropped it cuz I couldnt be bothered.

Its not any worse than Parasite Eve's freeze framing before random encounters, and the atmosphere and puzzle solving in Koudelka is much stronger.

I read the manga, does it count

>Mfw no Koudelka remaster ever

Attached: images (6).jpg (600x450, 81K)

Did anyone else play Galerians

Attached: D9DkioHXoAQSiK-.jpg (1219x1282, 189K)

Some of the writing was actually better than Persona 5 at times.

Also Kotomi best girl.

Attached: b6d82afa-532d-4c13-ae23-a7f31e25dd4b_1.bdb04aab14ace741a5115cab3ac4f12e.jpg (450x450, 75K)

I literally beat this game less than a week ago. It was neat but had a shitty ending. Actually, the ending was so shitty that it almost ruined what was turning out to be an extremely interesting and immersive game.

The fuck were they thinking with that shit?

Akiba's Beat got quite a splash on Yea Forums when it released.
The general response being "this game is kind of shit but I want to fuck X" and that apparently there's a long series it comes from that's completely fucking different in tone.

Why is ps1-ps2 the best era of gaming?

Really? I didn't see any threads about it back when the game was released. Not even any "I want to fuck X" stuff.

I haven't played Koudelka, but I have played Parasite Eve so I'll believe it. An abacus duct-taped to a copy of IT would probably be a better fusion of RPG and horror than Parasite Eve.

Yeah I was confusing it with Akiba's Trip: Undead/Undressed.

Beat went completely under the radar. My mistake.

I saw a friend play that in October of 2015 on his PSP. The PSP (unofficial) version really solves basically all of the issues the console version had. It was definitely a creepy game that handled the horror well, though a game breaker can be that first transition from a cutscene into gameplay. Learning that it's turn-based certainly raised eyebrows. That said, it used the breakable weapons to add to the frantic horror atmosphere and the sound design was excellent for portraying gross zombies and monsters, along with the decrepit monastery.

If you hated Parasite Eve then I can guarantee you will hate Koudelka. The gameplay is about 50x worse than Parasite Eve.

The story, setting, and voice acting are top notch, though. The game isn't awful to play but it's got some of the most mediocre, barebones JRPG gameplay I've come across so far.

I did hate Parasite Eve, but it wasn't for the gameplay. The writing was this fucking bizarre mix of buddy cop comedy and jrpg that was completely impenetrable and impossible to stay invested in. The gameplay was just comical/farcical and not nearly as much of a deterrent.

If Kouldelka has decent writing then I'm fine, I'll check it out.

The ending was sorely disappointing IMO but everything up until then is really neat.

Make sure to report your findings either here or on /vr/, user. I like to read peoples' opinions on these obscure titles.

This game unironically traumatized me as a kid watching my dad play

Attached: file.png (767x1169, 1M)

D is weird and shitty looking but I like it
Enemy Zero is VERY cryptic and relies on mono sound to hear invisible enemies around you so it's fucking nerve-wracking and quite possibly the scariest game just by sheer tension alone
D-2 is a weird hunting sim with monsters or something.

I own a physical copy of all three of these games and I will never get rid of them because of how expensive those fucking get.

I have a copy and I hate the fucking thing. Why do I have to have an aneurysm every 30 minutes?

I watched the Game Informer "Let's Play" video of it. It's an interesting game, but unfortunately it's mediocre at best.

The best part about it though is that fucking badass perk you get for playing the NG+. The devs absolutely knew how to reward people for playing through their crazy ass game.

Attached: d358107731.1.jpg (899x1200, 106K)

I never seen someone mention it online

Attached: images.jpg (200x242, 20K)

I loved this game so much.

Attached: 6106fFWvi+L._SX385_.jpg (385x384, 57K)