Sonic fans hype up some piece of shit game

>Sonic fans hype up some piece of shit game
>comes out and nobody plays it or discusses it at all

Every time lmao

Attached: tsr.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

only when Whitehead does it do people love it when Sonic comes back.

It's not a bad game, it's just not all that remarkable either. It is very much dead though.

Attached: TSR is dead.jpg (1035x289, 109K)

>is shit tier compared to mk8 on switch
>CTR comes out in the same quarter and beats it on other platforms due to being from a more popular series

Sega's fault for delaying it

Dude, it's Sonic. After all these years everyone just knows that any new Sonic game is fucking trash automatically. No other character in history of gaming has had a fall from Grace this hard. Every single Sonic fan I've ever met and talked to always has some kind of mental illness, I'm not even joking. Any normal human being knows to just stay away from this garbage fire of a franchise... And before anyone brings it up, Sonic Mania was fucking trash too. Even at his best he sucks.

seems like transformed is still going on Steam, lol. what were they thinking removing Sega for Sonic.

Pretty much this. It's fine, and enjoyable, not bad at all, but there just isn't really much to discuss unless they were to expand on the game with additional content or something. It's essentially just Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed if it were with only cars and Sonic characters, which is fine by me, but not everyone.
Sonic games getting delayed is always a good thing. It's either they delayed the game for extra polish, or they rushed it out for the holidays.

i legit forgot this game existed until now. sonic fans wouldn't stop shilling it and trying to force some "rivalry" with crash for months, too.

they really don't actually care about playing the games just whether or not the character they fap to is in this one.

It would have been a good idea if the CTR remake wasn't a thing but this game was meant to come out last year when it had no competition lmao

Those were falseflaggers who probably didn't have any intention of buying it regardless of quality.
In actuality, most Sonic fans didn't care because it wasn't a main game and because they want Mania 2, and it's pretty much because they skipped the previous racing games from the studio or didn't play much of them, or they play it and just don't post/talk about the game constantly because there's other games that come out. Or because they wanted Sonic R or Riders to get a successor.

Sometimes it feels like Sega has honestly been trying their hardest to kill Sonic as a franchise for years now but no matter how hard they self-sabotage, their fans still eat it up. They're like George Costanza, trying so hard to break up with the fan-base but no matter how despicable they act, they can't get the Sonic fanbase to take the hint.

Attached: alright.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Look at this Sonic fag doing damage control

I mean, it's funny how people don't think it did all that well, when in reality, it actually doubled the sales of Transformed and topped charts in the UK, the first Sonic game to do so since the original Mario and Sonic.
I don't think they really even cared about competition, otherwise they'd have delayed it yet again to come out later in 2019 to avoid CTR, and plus, SEGA is publishing that game in Japan.

Anyone who thinks it sold poorly due to crash racing is dumb. The team mechanic is stupid and it failed to stand out in any other way. They gambled big on the team mechanic and it didn't pay off.

>Every time lmao
Every multiplat game lmao. Actually every game now

>Mfw

Attached: 1552115483503.jpg (500x426, 10K)

It's disappointing, 5/10. I loved transformed, S-ranked the whole game and thought that this would at least be an okay replacement. Unfortunately the handling is garbage even at max handling for anything OTHER than racing meaning that all those little minigames are cunts to complete, I straight up refused to even bother aiming for platinum past world 1. The very minimalist difficulty settings gives me no incentive to do any race harder than normal; transformed had the flashy rank medals as well as tying stars gained to the level of difficulty completed to poke the completionist in me but what does TSR have? Some very tiny stripes that says you did it and nothing else, fuck off. The team mechanic is not as fun as the developers think it is, not enough to justify being a core part of the game anyway. Not even getting started on the shit roster.

The core racing is functional and being able to give teammates items is a neat idea, that's the best thing I have to say about the game but overall I have to push myself to actually play it and that's not a good thing.

Attached: 1422904718036.png (665x663, 1017K)

I mean, seems like most people enjoyed the team stuff, actually. I myself would love to see them expand on it and the transformations in the next game.

I'm in the opposite boat honestly, I prefer stars being tied to objectives rather than difficulty. It means less gatekeeping, which is the one thing I didn't like about World Tour in Transformed. It also means that you can progress without needing to challenge yourself too much but still have the option to do so.

>sonic colors sucks
>sonic generations is average
>sonic lost world sucks
>sonic boom sucks so much sega of america has to relocate
>sonic mania is average
>team sonic racing is average

Nobody cares about sonic anymore because sega doesnt care. Everyone associates modern sonic games with garbage now and its why they can barely crack a million sales

When the stars are basically just "win the race" and "do something during the race that helps you win the race anyway", they're basically pointless and may as well not exist. Gatekeeping is not a bad thing because it encourages you to git gud so long as they don't set the bar stupidly high which I think Transformed did wonderfully. TSM has done the opposite where the bar is set so low that there's no challenge at all unless you choose to increase the difficulty for which you get absolutely nothing, so whats the point.

yeah it's almost entirely because it looks underwhelming as fuck compared to the previous version of the game from 6 years ago.

They took out the features of that game people liked the most lmao.

Oh my gosh i forgot sonic forces. That game is so fucking aggressively bad i tricked my brain into forgetting it until now. FUCK. Yeah sonics been dead ever since sonic colors

fuck you sega i just want jet set radio 3

I guess that's true. But honestly, I still can't finish that mode in Transformed, because it basically requires you to finish every mission on Expert, which isn't worth the effort. I only bothered getting AGES and Reala at some point this year because I had to go back and grind stars, and once I did, I had no motivation to actually finish the mode (especially when I saw what you get at the end)

That's what I was saying as seen as we saw this.

The irony being that too many people on Yea Forums act like this is a good character.

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fsonic%2Fimages%2F6%2F69%2FInfiniteConceptArt.png%2Fre (271x500, 125K)

The only true hype was for Mania. With STR people got mad for not having Sega characters and how the roster was ridiculous small, others didnt gave a crap about it, and others were shilling with silly wars with Crash game.

>>sonic mania is average
wanna run that by me again

Attached: 340.gif (500x375, 1.16M)

People were playing transformed a lot when it was released. Turns out Team sonic racing is WORSE than previous games already released, so nobody bothered playing it.

I still think it's about on par with the first one, but edges it out a bit since I prefer the driving controls in Transformed

They would probably remake JSR1 again, instead of porting Future or making 3.

the graphics are a bit ass so if they do they got their work cut out

sonic continually refreshes its fanbase with new children who grow up and become the new adult weirdos.

That's why on Yea Forums now the general consensus is sonic heroes was "good", shadow the hedgehog was "underrated" and sonic 06 is "not that bad." Wait around long enough and you'll see "sonic boom wasn't that bad."

It can never be too bad to keep existing.

I agree that all new Sonic games are trash unless proven otherwise, but Sonic Forces was a success according to Sega's investor report. Furries cannot stop lapping up this crap

sonic boom the game was broken and only those who are going to meme the show like this generations memes of phinias and ferb is gonna just be dumb knuckles. not any love for the wii u game.

just wait a few years.

>sonic boom the game was broken
And Heroes, Shadow and 06 weren't?

What killed it for me the most is the Online. On the PC version at least its fucking unplayable, connection issues even trying to get into rooms constantly.
Almost a month after release and Sumo have not patched and said nothing in regards to fixing bugs, I used to like them but now unironically fuck Sumo.

Attached: 1551905251895.png (771x579, 913K)

I'm told it takes more than 2 minutes to go from one race to the next.

For real anybody making online games should be chained to a chair and forced to play rocket league for a few hours.

It can be even longer than 2 minutes.
I really want to know what fucking absolute retarded mother fucker decided that from the point of the first player finishing the race that the rest of the races should be given TWO WHOLE MINUTES to finish while all the people waiting get to do is see their character drive around like a retard with NO MUSIC and only sfx. Then after that it takes at least more than am minute for it tally scores and a absolutely necessary "vote for some idiot who did some random shit the most" that does NOTHING.
AND THEN YOU GET PUT BACK INTO THE LOBBY TO WAIT SOME MORE.

Attached: 1541291252540.gif (360x360, 2.51M)

I need to add that this could be the absolute most fucking amazing racing game that ever existed but it would literally not matter because no one will put up with this shitty online.

>that all time peak
ouch

Boom was far more broken than those other games. Not saying those games are underrated kino or something, but at least I can call Heroes, Shadow, and 06 Sonic games. I don't know what the fuck Rise of Lyric was trying to be.

The characters in this game dont even stand on their cars and emote and shit that the all star games did, absolutely soulless.

>release game in 2019
>it doesn't microtransactions
dumbass sonicfags lmao

They do still have little animations in their cars, though, but not as many yeah

They should release these only on one playform so the multiplayer isn't segregated. A big plus for MK8 is that you can find people to play online nearly instantly.

Oh they got microtransactions in other games, that's for sure.

Attached: 9c1g3fpwc6e21.jpg (1080x2220, 1.34M)

I think the point of them standing was it was really noticable and flashy and probably even viewable to other racers, meanwhile staying sitting is very easy to miss.

this is what rocket league got right, you can start searching for a new match immediately upon hitting the final scoreboard, leaving to go back to the main menu doesn't even interrupt the search and you can kick a ball around in training mode WHILE searching for a game at the same time.

There is functionally no downtime when playing RL.

I don't ever recall seeing Sonic standing in his car in Transformed though, unless you botched a stunt (and that same animation is in this game). Hell, some characters jump out of their vehicle when you perform your Ultimate move. Like Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails

Yeah, this shit seriously killed any chance of an online community.
>Wait a minute for race to start
>Dc
>Try again
>Get a race in
>wait like 4 minutes for next race to start
>Another DC
>After an hour only get like 5 races in
Fucking ridiculous.

>Fucking loved all star and all star transformed.
>Waiting for next in series
>Sonic event which was pretty abysmal
>They tease Sonic racing
>Excited but confused that the name is just sonic racing.
>Maybe its just to make the title easier to say
>Fast forward to when more info is released
>They made it sonic only removing all the different interesting tracks and all the good things bout all star racing.
>Only 15 characters
>Team based so your using 1/5 of the cast at all times.
>Powerups are just wisps which gives an uninspired and boring feel to it.

The team racing mechanic could have been fucking amazing with a whole sega roster...
Damn some people might enjoy it and find it fun but it just aint for me. Picking up crash remake instead cos thats looks more fun.

My favorite thing is when the "host" disconnects it crashes everyone's game on PC.

>comes out and nobody plays it or discusses it at all
I'd love to play it, but in true SUMO Digital fashion, the game fucking shipped broken. I don't know why you people praise these cunts.

Attached: WOAH!.jpg (480x440, 23K)

06 and the PS2 version of Heroes were jank, but Boom was genuinely busted.

>im part of that 971
i dunno how to feel about this

Attached: 1543451906870.jpg (819x1200, 166K)

I'm prob one of the 0.1% that actually played the story to the end and the finale has to be the most laughable attempt at some sort of menacing racing final boss.
It's a giant egg racer while still with a bunch of other racers so what happens is it gets fucked by its size by all the items and finishes at or near last place even on the highest difficulty, and they don't even bother playing Green Light Ride for it.

Attached: 1537326556406.jpg (500x493, 57K)

>game is pretty decent itself, driving is fun on its own
>car customization absolutely terrible
>half the unlocks are gold versions of other parts with no other difference
>stages are functional but 99% from nu-sonic stuff and barely any hazards or anything to differentiate them from each other
>can we stop with the wisps already? Sonic did have power ups before them, you know, and sonic colors wasnt that great
>speaking of wisps, most of them are straight copies of mario kart items
>the only thing that changes how carts handle is weight class, tho mk does this too now
>one entire type is useless(tech) because like 3 tracks have 2 seconds of offroad sections
>game is 1000% more item heavy than mk8, so every race is you being blasted every five seconds
>because of this, the only worthwile characters are heavies
>roster is poor, there is a problem when the best character is that zavos faggot
>not doing team shit literally gimps you because you have no way to recover from losing placement otherwise
>feels like half a game, and with no dlc planned this is all we get
I'd give it maybe a 6, when you're not being raped it is pretty enjoyable, but as is it feels like MKWii again but with less interesting tracks and characters. A good base but just not able to compete with anything, currently.

I'm was unsure if I should get it since it's on sale atm on PSN and I like sonic but I remembered I got CTR preordered so I bought persona 5 and dragon's crown pro

I had bought this day 1 on PC and was liking it, but the more I played it and the more I heard about how badly the online was done, the more I started to have doubts about if it was really worth 40 dollars. Then I got to a mission in the single player that crashed my game every time I started it, and I finally felt justified to go through with refunding it. I do like the team stuff, but something about it just seemed incomplete, and having all of the character upgrades hidden behind a goddamn gacha machine where you have to mash A over and over to unlock parts one by one is so astonishingly retarded I can't understand how nobody stopped it from getting in.

I tell myself that I'll get it when there are patches and content updates, but I know there won't be.

>Iizuka kills another perfectly good sub-franchise with another 'bright idea'
RIP Riders and RIP All Stars Racing

Attached: 1549326664456.jpg (750x896, 405K)

If they ever return to All Stars, I would rather have a game of a different genre honestly.
If they continue making Sonic only racers with Sumo, just merge elements of All Stars Racing with Riders.

Mandatory post

Attached: 1219784882919by0.png (800x600, 587K)

>tfw the cycle being 'broken' lasted for all of two games + Mania
Just sell the whole franchise to Evening Star already, it's the only hope.

Attached: 1553092504214.jpg (437x501, 46K)