Nintendo Switch Thread

Do you buy your games as physical or digital and why?
How big of an SD card do you recommend?
What controllers do you like and use the most?
What are you playing now?

Attached: Switch Image.png (1920x1080, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=97&v=QN_uxjjVGmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I generally buy physical so I can sell, trade and share my games. Plus it's easier to get physical for a lower price earlier.
Depending on how much digital content you intend to buy, 128GB is the bare minimum I could recommend, especially with how low cards up to 512 GB currently are.
I only own a pair of Joy-Con. I would have bought another but I missed the Walmart price glitch due to a power outage at my nearest store.
I just played some Crypt of the Necrodancer and Captain Toad. Really I don't give a shit about any of this. I'm just waiting for Mario Maker 2 even though I still haven't bought it yet because I'm debating buying a pair of vouchers.

Fuck it, I tried.
Sorry your thread tanked, OP.

Bigger games - physical, some indie/lesser titles in eshop, especially if the box version is much more xpensive cause it's rare.

I always get physical unless there's a sale or exclusivity for digital

This. Too bad i bought too much indie garbage, should have tried them on pc first. Like pikuniku, it's a fun game, but kind of cheesy and short, same for gris, nice looking game but i beat it like while i was waiting for a pizza

>Do you buy your games as physical or digital and why?
Physical, I like to have them that way.
>How big of an SD card do you recommend?
Bigger the better, I've been fine with 64gb.
>What controllers do you like and use the most?
I think joycons are fine, I play in handheld mode for 97% of the time so I've been using those. I have a 8bitdo stick in the dock that allows me to use ps4 controllers, those work fine as well.
>What are you playing now?
Atelier lulua, then probably a few vns. In August omega labyrinth life. And maybe that senran pinball game as well

Attached: 74833371_p0.png (1200x1200, 917K)

Honestly, that joy con grip with joycons is pretty comfy, i don't know why people are shitting on it.

Physical always unless it only exists digital. Even if it goes physical later after having purchased digital, I will fucking buy it. Reason being is because digital holds literally zero value once it's been purchased.
Anything higher than 128gb will suffice unless you're digital only, in which you pretty much need a bare minimum of 200.
Pro Controller in light of it's crappy D-Pad, though I usually stick with portable.
Playing FFVII from the very beginning.

I prefer physical mainly because for a variety of good reasons. Ive more accustomed to it, and i can resell it if I'm in need of cash in a yard sale or eBay

Physical. I only buy games after completing them, and even then it's only if I REALLY liked it.
256gb is serving me fine for now.

Depends entirely on the game. Smash and Mario kart I downloaded. I kinda wanna replay xenoblade 2 while I wait for fire emblem but idk. There's a lot of early shit in that game that just makes me sleepy. Like grampypons bullshit

I want to get a grip. Skull & co. or Satisfye?

I only bought SMO and BotW physical, I got MHGU digital, hollow knight, downwell and minecraft.

will usually try to get the best price but I prefer physical

Cartridges are soul. Digital is soulless.

I used to be sorta a collectorfag and only buy physical, but I ended up downloading one Switch game and now I just download all my games. I don't like having to go outside, wait, or deal with shipping prices. When MP4 comes out though I might buy physical if it's actually good

Physical, always buy physical if possible on switch
I dont have one yet, hasn't effected me in the slightest because i buy physical copies.
Joy cons in the stock controller thing, sometimes this xbox one look-alike switch knock-off controller
Haven't touched it in a while, was playing FFX and senran dating sim or whatever because of curiosity. Not worth $10 unless you have a foot fetish. I own XBC2 and Torna, i want to play them but i always play on my PC when im in the mood to play something

I have a mix of both. Sitting on 21 physical and around 12-15 digital, only counting games that already have physical releases, and not counting limited run indie releases.

I have a 200GB microSD card, and that's already feeling pretty full, with about 20GB left. If you're planning to own anything close to the number of games I have, prepare to invest in a 400GB or 512GB card.

Both, More because i don't have a local vidya store and waiting for shit to arrive in mail is annoying, that said, i get "important" releases physical, digital is more impulse buying because i have no games to play and want something NOW and even if i did go to the ""local"" store there is a heavy chance it wouldn't carry it, especially since i play games during weekends and guess when the mail doesn't deliver? Physical is objectively better though, not gonna argue against that but Digital is more practical to "buy" for me out in BUMFUCK NOWHERE.

Entirely dependent on just how much you gonna download and shit, i would say like 64GB would be the minimal if you gonna make much use of the eShop.

I like the Pro-Controller and im kinda lulling on games right now since im going to get DQ11 next month, im actually polishing off some 3DS titles instead.

Post your Switch collection and the top five games on your current wishlist.

I live in El Salvador. I wish to support the local market, but they sell the games at 70 bucks. If I were to resell them i'd get 20 bucks for them, i'd be spending about 50 plus the effort of reselling. Because of this i buy digital shit on sale at 30-40 bucks.

About the card, i got 64 and its already full. Get as much as you can.

I only have 1 joycon pair, the analog sticks drift, impossible to clean and no nintendo customer service available until Mexico. They cost 90-100 bucks, so i haven't bought another yet.

What's your take on skins, ye or nay?

I've stuck with digital since I move around a lot. I've ordered some LEs, but I don't intend on opening those.
256GB+ minimum for going all digital.
I'm on handheld mode most of the time, but I prefer the Pro controllers since the analogs don't break as easy.
Nothing, really though I'm looking forward to Nep.

Attached: IMG_20190619_211135881.jpg (3264x1632, 579K)

>impossible to clean
It's difficult but not impossible, I cleaned mine, 8 months later they started drifting again so I'm scheduling another cleanup, you can also buy a replacement from mercadolibre for 200 pesos at most.

Almost always physical unless the digital happens to be cheaper.

Idk, I haven't needed to use an SD card. I only maintain software data for Puyo Puyo Tetris, Splatoon, and Smash. The rest I delete and redownload when need be.

I like the joycons in the square controller a lot surprisingly. Its what I use for Smash despite growing up on the gamecube.

I'm playing Cuphead and Cadence of Hyrule atm.

>Physical
Overcooked 2
Owlboy
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Rayman Legends
Splatoon 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Undertale

>Downloaded
Cadence of Hyrule
Cuphead
Donut County
Night in the Woods
Picross S
Picross S2
Puyo Puyo Champions
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Stardew Valley

I rent most of the games I play. Like, I've played nearly every Switch essential title, like BOTW, Xenoblade 2, Octopath Traveler, and SMO. Only time I buy a game is when its gonna last me a long time (in the case of splatoon or smash). Most of these games I got as presents.

Physical exclusives and fighting games, digital (occasional) multiplat and indies.
I personally use a 256 GB Samsung EVO Select.
It's been serving me well so far.
See pic for my list.
Just finished wrapping up Gunvolt.

Attached: Controllers Switch.jpg (2062x2318, 583K)

Physical as much as I can unless digital is too good. Hollow Knight is either $35 at Best Buy or $7 on the eShop. No brainer.
I believe I have a 256GB in mine and I hardly put anything into it.
Joy cons are fucking GOAT. You dont have to keep your hands close together like regular controllers. And even with my big meaty hands they still feel fine.
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, Dragon Quest Builders, and I need to get on FF12 but Phantasy Star Nova is my main JRPG I'm playing now.

Physical, because I always prefer to have a copy of the game.
I got a 400GB SD because I found one at a pretty good price and I never want to worry about storage for this thing ever again. (Absolute overkill, especially since I prefer physical copies.)
I use it a lot in handheld mode, but prefer the pro controller.
Darkwood and MK8.

>switch
>games
>buy
I don't understand.

Oh and as for top five games on my wishlist:

Animal Crossing
Astral Chain
Bloodstained
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Anyone can pirate, now go away.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=97&v=QN_uxjjVGmw

this game looks shit but damn the characters are all 10/10.

If I use the joycons and TV, I usually just use them without the grip. Xenoblade 2 worked well enough with that

Guys, anyone living in Europe, how do i return a game in eshop? Is it really THAT impossible? I bought pikuniku and want to return it, i don't have much indies except for bigger games like cuphead, yooka laylee, owlboy, etc, i just hate the idea that this game is what 2-3 hours, didn;t play it yet.

Attached: samoyed-dogs-puppies-1.jpg (680x518, 62K)

I always go physical, but I did buy a pair of the game vouchers. I'm a little annoyed by them since they're digital only, but I convinced myself it's okay since Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing will make more sense to always be on the system.

I bought most of them physical at first, now I just go digital.

On a system like this it's such a pain in the ass to carry the carts around.

Give me a Switch game to play. I really don't know what to play. Beat Zelda, LGP, Mario, etc.

My switch screen broke. Any good replacement

Celeste is an amazing 2d platformer

Physical where possible. Because I dont trust that nintendo has any idea what it's doing with online account systems and also until very recently i had that best buy discount going for me.

is cadence of hyrule worth 25 bucks? I like rhythm heaven
should I get mario kart or is the next one just around the corner?

Attached: 1560493303684.png (400x400, 51K)

Anyone?
I don't think there are any "hidden" gems, really, have you tried monster hunter?

bump

inb4 tranny game

Verlet Swing

unpopular opinion here I guess, but almost exclusively digital. Love not having to worry about carrying cartridges with me, have whole game library available anywhere. Have lost 3ds's in the past and all it took was a phone call to have every digital title available to redownload on a new console. I'm basically a pessimist fag that thinks physical games are going to die out and just embracing our digital future sooner than later.

>Physical
>Haven't gotten a microSD yet but I can see myself doing so in the future
>Mostly use Pro Controller, it's the most comfortable one for me
>Not playing anything at the moment, waiting on Mario Maker 2 mostly

Nah it's cool, I'm always anxious that I may lose a cartridge, I've never lost one, but who knows what's going to happen?

Is there any way to use headphones while playing docked? Plugging headphones into the PS4 controller is the comfiest thing.

You're not a pessimist, you're a realist.
It's pretty obvious that everything will be digital.
Yea Forums denies it because on Yea Forums "i don't like thing" usually means "i will mentally construct an alternate reality where X thing that i don't like isn't happening in order to create a safe space for myself".
The fragility and delusion of the average poster here is absolutely pathetic.

And all of this is coming from someone that LIKES purchasing and collecting physical releases, i'm just not compleely retarded and don't just close my eyes and pretend digital only isn't happening, or that me and 10 other neckbeards getting everything physical will somehow prevent it.

Big ass cable I guess, or one of those 3.5mm plug to bluetooth adapters.

We have exactly the same problem, earbuds into the PS4 controller is literally the best shit ever.
To answer your question: i haven't tried it personally but apparently all you need is an adapter for bluetooth buds.

Sucks. My headphones are wired and I think the port isn't accessible while docked.

I usually choose whichever option's the cheapest.
>How big of an SD card do you recommend
I have a 128gb one but bigger is always better, I guess.
Depends on the game I'm playing. For some games I prefer the Joy-Cons and for other I prefer the Pro Controller.
Hollow Knight. Got it on sale and I'm now a little over five hours into it.

>the port isn't accessible while docked
Yes it is.
It's on the upper side of the switch, not the lower one.

I have wireless turtle beach headphones for my PC. I just plug the Bluetooth dongle into the side of the dock and it works fine.

Attached: EED3AE2A-A574-4023-BF4D-2137B13A314E.jpg (759x847, 76K)

The only thing I feel I'm missing out on is collecting, would be nice to have the boxes for my titles to display on a shelf or something. Also it's cool that Nintendo's got a home console (sorta) with actual cartridges again. Suppose I could just buy empty game boxes on ebay or something, but that would be kinda weird I feel

I remember the first time I accidentally discovered the PS4 could do that. Shit was life changing

Hard to go back to any console desu especially because my TV is 11 years old and the sound is shit

Yeah plus i flat out don't like turning my TV volume on, with the earbuds in controller system i can raise the volume and still get every single sound detail from both the soundtrack and sound effects of every game without being obnoxious and bothering the people living around me.

Why the fucking christ doesn't every other company adopt this as an industry standard?
Who the hell still listens to music on a boombox and such?
So why should trying to listen to what's going on inside a game be any different?

Does the jack work if you connect dualshock 4 to the switch? I know that the gamepad itself works if you buy a usb thing, i'm just not sure if i should buy ds 4 or just stick to grip+joycons

PS4 and Xbox both have this. It's just Nintendo being retarded and behind as always. Apparently the pro controller was originally designed to also have it but for whatever reason they removed it before release.

Jesus Christ user
Wait for Black Friday and go buy a TV. You can usually get 4K 50 inches for around $300-400 these days.

Physical unless I'm overseas over a release date and I'm too impatient. I just prefer having a physical copy for sentimental value.
Big as possible. Better safe than sorry. Currently using a 128gb card.
Pro controller
FF7
Travis Strikes Again

Or if your standards aren't that high you can get 1080p at basically any size for like under 100

I honestly would have bought pro controller and play more on TV with my switch if it had 3.5 audio from the controller. Now I just play most games on handheld mode

I know. I just don't want some smartshit spyware TV with no RGB/component inputs.

WiiU gamepad had this.

Physical, unless there's a good sale.
I thought a 128gb would be fine, but I would recommend a bigger one.
Handheld mode, lets me lounge wherever I feel like.
Mostly of Binding of Isaac, with Shovel Knight in between. Also have Hollow Knight waiting.

>game was $3
I still felt I wasted a money on this garbage. I fucking hate sports games.

I wouldn't mind buying digital if it wasn't so damn expensive. I can get brand new games for €45 from a UK webshop. It's more expensive to use the super special discount vouchers, let alone the normal store.

Attached: 1539303196546.png (600x900, 437K)

Yah that's one shitty thing about Nintendo digital, on other consoles at least big name titles eventually go on sale for super cheap. The recent sale was the best we've had for big nintendo titles, and even then it was only like 15 dollars off

I go physical all the way because if I'm paying 50+ bucks for a god damn port, I want a tangible fucking object, E-Shop shit is ludicrously expensive compared to almost every other digital storefront.
Bought the Pro Controller and it felt great for like 2 months but now I'm liking the smaller, more compact Joycon holder thing actually, not that the Pro Controllers abysmal D-Pad does it any favors.
Bought FF12 yesterday and regretting my purchase immensely.

I wanted to buy Cadence of Hyrule, but it didn't get a physical release and I don't really buy digital games on principal. Such a shame.

Attached: gayy.jpg (675x1200, 94K)

I used to be more of a physical fag but now I'm leaning towards digital now because my copy of BoTW somehow died (it works, but I have to keep the cartridge pushed in for the Switch to read it, as soon as I release it, it crashes and can't read it anymore. It's not an issue with the switch as I tested other cards) despite me mainly leaving it in the switch and not really switching it out recently, so I'm kinda paranoid. I never really had physical games break on me like that in the last several years so it kinda hurts.

Physical. I can't imagine anything more cucked than buying digital for consoles, since it's almost always the same price as physical.

Eventually.....it's going to be all digital. Probably the PS6 gen.