So let me get this straight. The reason this game is hated on Yea Forums now despite no one here fucking playing it yet...

So let me get this straight. The reason this game is hated on Yea Forums now despite no one here fucking playing it yet, is because "muh pc" and "casualty shit"?

I'm sorry but what happened to just playing a game for fun?

Attached: doom_eternal_logo_edited_by_kiteazure_dckiqo5-pre.png (1038x770, 849K)

casual games arent fun

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

Fun is not a legitimate reason to play something you fucking autist.

Attached: 263E2128-B1FD-44A6-8EB0-27C5850A5627.jpg (582x626, 75K)

Attached: b8.png (1597x1600, 532K)

Uh oh you used the "fun" word

Attached: 1557173288907.png (360x360, 84K)

the only thing i don't like is that they're ditching first-person only in favor of zoomed out action shots trying to personalize doomguy and turn him into more of a character. the first game does a perfect job showcasing his emotions and general ideals so i don't know why they have all this third person cinematic shit going on.

Attached: 1475975057626.png (360x414, 46K)

>muh pc
Wasn't this the game that rustledd jimmies when it made fun of PC culture by calling demons "mortally challenged" or something?

Yes it is.

I'm genuinely excited for this game

Attached: 1560957194211.png (275x213, 127K)

No, it's a cop out when you can't name a single good thing about the game.

But being fun is one of the most fundamental reasons for a game, or any leisurely activity, being good.

I can't say a game is fun now?

fun is a conclusion, not an argument. I can tell you eating shit is fun but that doesnt mean anything if I dont describe any of the things that might make it fun like the taste or texture

No.

Of course you can. It’s a legitimate reason for enjoying an activity.

I get where you’re coming from, but things can be fun without someone having to explain why they had fun, or even know what made it fun for them.
Ultimately if someone plays a game for fun, and has fun, then it had elements in it that led them to that conclusion.

Then name those elements. If you just say a game is fun that says literally fuck all and just shows you are braindead.

>The reason this game is hated on Yea Forums now despite no one here fucking playing it yet, is because "muh pc" and "casualty shit"?
>muh pc
>casualty
What?

Attached: 1480311142669.jpg (239x219, 17K)

Calm down, love.
What game though? Doom Eternal? I haven’t played it because it’s not out yet so I can’t.
And why would I even need to justify me thinking a game is worth playing because I think it’s fun? If someone thinks a game is fun, then let them think it’s fun.
Why do you feel the need to insult people who can’t justify why they enjoy something to you?

Are you lost, fuckboy?

Lost in your eyes

i didnt played it yet how can i like it?
i personaly didnt like doom 2016

it runs like shit and the soundtrack is terrible

>If someone thinks a game is fun, then let them think it’s fun.
>Why do you feel the need to insult people who can’t justify why they enjoy something to you?
Not that user but if you can't properly articulate your thoughts why bother sharing them on a discussion-based platform. Just stick to twitter or something of the like.

Attached: 1331113495438.gif (215x194, 566K)

fuck off Druckmann

>implying Yea Forums is filled with properly articulated thoughts
Those sentences make sense to me though.

I've seen some complaints that Eternal is shit because it's not for PC gamers for anymore and the Switch is the reason it's "dumbed down". And they call it casual shit. No fucking idea why.

take my (you) just fucking take it

Attached: 1528870247138.jpg (665x786, 100K)

>doom 2016
>runs like shit
Wow, your pc must be awful. Even consoles could manage 60 fps.

I don't hate it, I just refuse to see it hailed and its predecessor as the savior of FPS.
D44M was decent to good.
This one is apparently more of the same.

>implying Yea Forums is filled with properly articulated thoughts
Other people acting like/being idiots isn't an excuse for you to act like one.

How was I acting like an idiot?

Says the mental midget.

It seems to be more platform based. I like that. I like innovation.

>I've seen some complaints that Eternal is shit because it's not for PC gamers for anymore and the Switch is the reason it's "dumbed down".
Oh, well that's because Bethesda has said in the past that the Switch has influenced some of the design choices of their games, although they didn't give specific examples. Personally I think the new vibrant hud and the inclusion of large, neon floating objects in Eternal is the result of making the game more playable on the Switch's small screen, both of which I'm not particularly a fan of and look like the result of 2016's arcade mode seeping into the main campaign.
>And they call it casual shit.
I'd say the bountiful amount of health, ammo, and shield you get from glory killing enemies and using the chainsaw/flamethrower is pretty casual.

These complaints make sense user.

i mean i can run ace combat 7 and MGSV at high at 60fps but doom runs like absolute dogshit on my toaster

so yeah

I didn't say you were, I was speaking in general.
???

Attached: DD3899F3-CC04-45A6-B8E5-D9A7F9695228.jpg (1096x1200, 156K)

What was the point of saying that then? I’m aware of this very basic piece of life advice.
I had just commented on the fact that you had implied that Yea Forums is a place for well articulated discussions, which it isn’t in practice.

neat

>I had just commented on the fact that you had implied that Yea Forums is a place for well articulated discussions, which it isn’t in practice.
I just think the perpetual thought of "Yea Forums is just shitposting central" is one of the main reasons it IS that way.

If you make posts that encourage proper discussion (like explaining why you think something is fun) then you might create proper discussion. If you just want to post basic shit like "I think Doom is fun and that's that!" then you might as well use something like twitter instead. You'll get a better response at least.

I thought it was a FPS and all the third person shots were just concept art

part of the cutscenes are third-person, theres one where he shoots himself out of a railgun

If you’re policing Yea Forums to get anons to start proper discussions, then okay.
If you’re not, then what is the point of even bothering to tell me to fuck off to Twitter? I’m beginning to think the assessment of you being a mental midget was accurate.

the evolution of doom now comes with cut scenes... could be worse and they probably have plenty of time to fuck it up even more (or less)

Well there were some cutscenes back in Doom 3 too. People like to forget about that entry.

eh most complaints leveled at it are pretty superficial (arenas, not fast, MUH UI)
I hate it because of the incompetent game design.

Its not like the previous 2 didnt

Since when has Doom ever been considered hardcore? It's simple to play and beat.

>dat HUD tho

It seems to be more arcade-y now.

I'm surprised no one posted this, holy shit.

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 361K)

no, I don't know where people that idea from, same with quake sure it can be played at a super high level but there is no barrier to entry so to speak
In what way? the gameplay is still the same, actually they are doubling down on the obnoxious gimmicks this time

That would be a good thing though.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Fuck zoom eternal

Attached: 1560808930430.jpg (1864x1746, 618K)

fire = mario?
this pic is just a bunch of random nonsense probably made by some butthurt boomer

No u

Attached: anatomyofmario-1602.gif (512x448, 8K)

see, youd have to be an ultraboomer to see flames and first think "mario"

Yeah, this looks fucking stupid and doesn't mesh well with the other art and realistic graphics. What were they thinking?

dumb zoomernigger

That's not fire. Those are rotating fire traps which makes no sense in this world.

You're literally retarded. They are not flames, they are rigid and spinning around just like in Mario... Watch the fucking gameplay video.

Can I still get this?

take it from someone who regularly plays casual games and more in-depth games

When a game becomes casual, you remove or significantly reduce any kind of meaningful challenge or depth in the game. This causes you to soon start experiencing it more as a chore, instead of a game, because the longer you play, the more repetitive the game becomes as you'll end up doing the same few actions over and over, since those are the only ones you need to do to succeed without needing to think about HOW to succeed. You can't even mix it up to entertain yourself, because the casualization has removed any alternate gameplay actions you could try to do.

Basically the closer you start to see that the game could be played by an AI on "autopilot", the more casual it is and the worse long-term longevity it'll have, as a serious video game player. A notable examples of this in my gaming experience is Heroes of the Storm. I have played LOL, HON, WC3 Dota, Dota 2, but HoTS is the ONLY game of its genre that has made me fall asleep in my chair in a multi-player match

Platforming has no place in a doom game

Zoomer who just recently really got into old Doom here. The problem with new Doom and the reason its so divisive is because of how different it is to the Old Doom, not because it was made "casual" or anything like that. Most people only played on Ultra Violence difficulty and its really not that hard. Basically, Old Doom was like classic RE. You were meant to be constantly searching for resources and secrets. Killing demons wasn't really the main focus, it was more about exploration and simply making it out of the level alive. You could avoid many of the fights in the level if you knew exactly where to go. New Doom is more akin to something like DMC. Instead of just trying to make it out of a level, now you're meant to kill every demon in sight, and you're not allowed to move on until you do so much of the time. The trade-off of more arenas and linear level design is that the combat on its own has much more depth and in general has a lot more going for it. Old Doom was about survival, new Doom is about killing things with style. Also Its funny that Doom was created to move away from arcade-like game design and new Doom seems to be embracing it. Romero actually said they got rid of lives specifically because they didn't want Doom to be like an arcade game, so they just had you start over at the start of a level instead. And now the new Doom has a literal arcade mode and Eternal has fucking 1ups. Its the exact opposite direction Romero wanted the original Doom to go in.

Nigger nigger pumpkin eater

What games would you call casual? You mentioned multiplayer games as ones that are not. Would you say that singleplayer games are more casual or can they be engaging?

what the fuck are you looking for in a doom game you fucking zoomer
oh no these fire traps... they don't make sense... they're too video gamey... that's too fun... it breaks the atmosphere... the consistency... the world building... the lore... the story...
oh no doomguy moves too fast and has fun movement abilities, this is so awful, where's the slow paced atmospheric doom like the one i played on the xbox that was all dark and mysterious and filled with atmosphere and lore...

>Basically, Old Doom was like classic RE. You were meant to be constantly searching for resources and secrets. Killing demons wasn't really the main focus, it was more about exploration and simply making it out of the level alive.
yeah like doom 3 right? now that's old doom, that's classic doom

I am saying that the art styles don't mix... DOOM 2016 looked great without all this cartoony shit.

Eternal's 1-up system is not a start over of the level like arcade games. From the Stadia footage you can see that the extra life refills the player's health, although this does make it look fairly easy. Never really played the arcade mode for 2016 but as long as it's separate I'm fine with it being in.

I get that you're being cute but I haven't played Doom 3 so I wouldn't know. From what I gathered the problem with Doom 3 was linear level design and the weapons not feeling good.

Oh there are certainly multiplayer games that ARE casual, the difference is that which games give you plenty of actions or options you can perform, AND if the game requires you to constantly have to think to defeat your opponents

Of course singleplayer games can be engaging. Like I've said in my previous post and above. It's all about how much the game gives you to choose to do, but most or more importantly, does the game REQUIRE you to REALLY think about how to overcome its challenges to progress?

Also have you experienced a point in a game where you've reached this comfortable level, not just early, but maybe late in the game, where you're confident that whatever you do, you'll succeed? If the game is it not able to present a new challenge to you that makes you mix it up or rethink your strategy or configuration, it's reached the point where the game has become casual to you

So you see a game can be casual itself, but it doesn't mean more in-depth or complicated or complex games cannot become casual as well. The latter is casualization through familiarity and expertise.

As to your first question, well, it's kind of subjective, but unless you're mentally handicapped, usually the games people bill as casual are what I would call casual.

Examples that come to mind are,
- Dynasty Warrior games
- Solitaire games
- Hidden Object games
- Virtual Pet games
- Gacha games
- Some JRPGS, like the Neptunia games
-

Doom 2016 and Eternal don't feel like Doom games; if anything, they're more akin to Quake. But I still had fun with 2016 and look forward to Eternal.

No
It's the HUD
The chink vibes
The hook world colors
The pathetic item design
The sketchy art style mixture

It looks like a mod

here look, there’s a black background, that’s mario. watch the gameplay video again, you’ll shit bricks when you see it

platforming is alright, this is retard platforming though.
Doom should just be running and shooting, they really went out of their way to fuck it up

Attached: 1447210025313.webm (570x432, 2.48M)

>chink vibes

okay now you're just making shit up

>You were meant to be constantly searching for resources and secrets.
That’s not true, doom was made to be played fast - that’s why there’s par times on every level. If it was supposed to be a survival game you wouldn’t have been allowed to play continuous and harder difficulties would give less ammo but they don’t, they give lower grade ammo at worst. Secrets were specifically there to give you an early advantage not to be an essential find to win.

Attached: nofun.jpg (700x739, 320K)

fuck you

Colors up the wazoo
Flashy shit
mobile tier marked paths
Ridiculous features like the head cannon flame thrower or climbing
Obvious out of place stuff like dodge and floaty jumps
The hook, that only pushes forward

excellent, yet simple bait.

Attached: just fuck my shit up.png (666x666, 624K)

I figure they wanted to have a way to show off his face

Does your asshole ever jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth?

I don't know
Probably not, because I only crap solid facts

bait or retarded?
I can run it on ultra settings while recording with obs without any issues and my pc is not the best
and the soundtrack is universally liked
shit taste confirmed

makes sense I guess