Why are western Smash fans like this?

Why are western Smash fans like this?

Attached: wojacker.png (1115x754, 619K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/6129Bakainu/status/1138505071698878465
streamable.com/z2dql
youtube.com/watch?v=ygr67F5lSwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can easily flip the reactions and western to eastern.

How much you want to bet OP's mother is disappointed in his existance.

It's mostly because android 17 is getting crippled by the sword here.

No, you can't. The east was happy to get Banjo & Kazooie as well. Over the years it became a cult classic within those communities and they had been asking for Banjo too.

>western fans are happy with the character chosen with the western audience in mind
Damn, who could’ve imagined that

MORE HUMANS

MORE SWORDS

Dragon Quest is not popular in the west so of course people are not going to be hype for it.

Because DQ is just not that big of a franchise in the West. Even in these days where it's easier to get informed about Vidya, DQ still pulls sales that are like 85% Japan/15% The rest of the world.

Can you provide some source to this m8? Genuinely interested.

Japan was always insanely excited for Banjo, Reddit

>Westerners don't give a shit about Dragon Quest
>Knee Jerk reaction to anime swordsman
>Compared to never-ever bear and his hype train bandwagon being the only thing left after Ridley and K. Rool
>People outside of the bandwagon who actually want banjo in were likely small children when Kazooie and Tooie came out, for nostalgia bias
>Western character naturally appeals more to a Western audience than an eastern/Mostly Japanese Character

Gee, I wonder why. Gohan does seem like he'll be pretty fun though, depending on how his spells work. Hoping he's not as Robin-y with the spells as I'm assuming.

Attached: 1555467745954.png (1200x653, 202K)

>be OP
>make pic related whenever there's dicks to be sucked

Attached: 1560767632907.gif (413x243, 51K)

based furfag

Probably more the fact there's so many sword shitters in smash it's not interesting anymore.

OP, dragon quest is just not that popular outside of japan.
I'll play more dragon quest though, ok?

>by the numbers, cookie cutter, boring JRPG series vs epic boomer nostalgia series

i wonder why one is more popular

Attached: 1525658497565.jpg (508x767, 75K)

Not really, East likes Banjo too.
The only "pure western" fan service we've had is Ridley and Dark Samus and that's because Metroid was never that big in the East to begin with.

I mean dq is great and all, but I just can't get excited about yet another fucking sword character

This is like saying Seinfeld is a generic sitcom because everything that came after tried their best to ape it. Conversely, Banjo is just a somewhat non-standard 3D platformer, but by your metric, "by the numbers, cookie cutter, boring".

From my experience, even when it comes to more niche spots like retro gamers, DQ players of the West have always been rather quiet. I never really was heavily & unanimously suggested to play a DQ game or to emulate one. Even games like Live a Live i've frequently heard more talk about. Maybe i'm just inexperienced but DQ has rarely been the talk of the town anywhere in the West from what i've gathered, I never expected so many DQ fans actually existing.

>Metroid is not very popular in Japan

Talk about shit taste. They make some great games but honest to god their taste in vidya can really fucking suck.

Although I guess that applies everywhere, considering one of the biggest selling franchises in the US alone is fucking Madden.

Just search バンジョー日本人反応 ("Banjo Japanese Reaction") on YouTube. They're reactions are pretty much on par with the crazy Western ones.

1) I've never played a DQ game outside of builders because it isn't very popular over here and most people haven't even heard of it let alone played a game
2) I was really hoping for Banjo and seeing Hero right off the bat made me feel like Banjo wasn't going to be in and also felt like a kick to the dick especially Hero being the second Jap shill pick in a row
I don't mind a DQ rep and I understand how influential the series is in Japan though

Why are nuchan Yea Forumsposts like this? It's just the same FOTM bullshit that doesn't offer anything but cringe.

If Banjo was announced first and Hero second I guarantee the Japanese wouldn't have been as generally happy to see Banjo

if we were talking a single game from 20 years ago, you'd be right. but we're talking about a long running series of incredibly boring games spanning decades. banjo is a standard 3d platformer that is only looked back on fondly because nobody has played it since they were 12.

I played it the day after the reveal and it was still as fun and charming as it ever was

Spells are cast from an MP pool, and they have to be selected from a menu mid-fight.
That's pretty cute.

>another anime swordsman
>"WHY ARE AMERICAN"

Attached: 1546397901436.jpg (640x640, 181K)

Am I the only one who wants Bomberman?

>why do people act indifferent to characters they've never even seen
Moron

>critically acclaimed game on a nintendo console
>japanese folks not being interested

Attached: 1555734081308.png (239x271, 98K)

twitter.com/6129Bakainu/status/1138505071698878465
this one is cute

streamable.com/z2dql

Nobody gives a fuck about Dragon Quest, it's the most generic JRPG and thats saying alot since JRPGs are basically even more tedious VNs.

Attached: 1558665421973.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Are those men, or older women? Or drag queens?

I was excited for both, as well as Joker and almost every base game character aside from Incineroar, honestly, and even then I thought he was cool.
Feels good to actually play games other than Smash.

why would you be excited for ANOTHER black haired sword faggot

Why the fuck isn't Rex and Pyra part of the roster? And why was Springman relegated to AT status? I thought Smash was mainly about NIntendo characters?

He's our first black haired sword user though.

Men using anime avatars

I don't, and never will give a single fuck about dragon quest

They introduced too late to be a part of the development phase.

t. Never played a single DQ game (cause they're all so boring and generic lol)

Attached: 1554687882642.gif (580x326, 2.49M)

Because you can pretend he's Android 18 this time.

>people are not allowed to play old games because they're old
Okay, retard

>Only memorable character from the series is a fucking generic enemy which is just a smiley face
lmao

Attached: J4O3toq.jpg (1943x1077, 129K)

i played banjo when was a kid but idk why the hero likes me more.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygr67F5lSwY

>don't worry we're not adding another anime swordsman, we're adding four

not at all my nigga. that would be so hype my dick would explode.

Would people give shit to a Western made character making it into the game playable if they used a sword/bladed weapon? Or would they get a pass or less flak in comparison to any future characters made from Japan using a sword/bladed weapon?

i just dont want to fight anymore anime twink hitboxes

Non-Anime Non-Swordsman > Non-Anime Swordsman > Anime Non-Swordsman > Anime Swordsman

Depends, is it Marth again?

From what it looks like, he'll have 4 spells per special that you can switch between mid fight, but you are limited by MP. It's kinda like having special moves back, but you can change them in the middle of a match. Good thing about this is that you could probably just stick to the spells you like and ignore the ones you don't, so the only way the hero won't be pleasing is if you just can't stand all of his non specials.

How did the japs feel about XI btw

> A JRPG series that has stood the test of time and has numerous consistently good games vs A series that died after its 1st entry only to be followed by shit

It was #1 trending in Japan over smash and Dragon Quest

Me personally, I'm more excited to play as the Luminary.

Dragon Quest's Hero came at a bad time. Most people have a nasty hate for sword characters because they tend to oddly be the type of character to be lazily designed. You have four marths (which should of done what Hero did and just been 4 skins with 2 color pallets each), three links (all of which should really have their own moves, at least different b moves) and even Ike looks like a marth clone, with the hair, similar armor design and two similar B moves. There is no reason Fire Emblem cant have as many reps as it does, but it was wildly mishandled. The Legend of Zelda also suffers from essentially having 3 clones and causing a lack of representation from other fan favorites. Hero actually looks like he could be fun, a mix of Robin and Link maybe. But people tend to want Banjo Kazooie not only because he is a fan favorite with veteran gamers, but because its a unique looking character with an interesting possible move set. Smash Bros has always been a series about mixing up vastly different IP's which tends to be an issue when a lot of them share very similar styles. At the very least Dragon Quest has that 90's Dragon Ball aesthetic so I find that helps make them have their own look, compared to FE, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, etc etc.

Ironically, Hero is looking like he has the most effort put into him over any other character next to Mii and Pokemon Trainer.

Because they're black and nerdy and incels.

Honestly I didn't care about either

>Hyped over a character from a series with one genuine good game

Banjo fans are the worst.

well doesn't DQ have a small western fanbase too? same thing

Because DQ isn't very popular in west?
>wojackposter
lmao

hmmmm maybe just maybe we are sick and tired of seeing anime swordsman added as fighters in the game? And to add insult to injury it's a shill pick AND called "The Hero", you can't get any more generic than that

FE characters fill the roster out because they are popular, and also a side effect of "EVERYONE IS HERE" Like 3 Links.

(I never even saw Toon Link as "Toon" link. Just the natural replacement for Young Link. Like BotW Link replacing vaguely TP Link)

Street Fighter gets the same guff from "Too many shotos" Where they play different. If you try to play Akuma like Ryu, you would not do so well.

Just normies complaining to sound smarter than they are and not seeing the significance of DQ finally in Smash when it's a Nintendo 3rd party Legacy series for Japan.

The Hero is just an Anime Swordsman. It's THE Anime Swordsman that started it all.

FE swordies fill the roster because they are easy to make. I say this as a fire emblem fan. If Sakurai truly loved the series we’d be seeing more diverse reps like Tiki, Hardin, or Hector instead of the latest sword lord in the series.

>JRPG
>good

Attached: 442947.png (1600x1200, 69K)

That’s technically square Enix’s Fault that they suck at advertising Dragon quest in the west

Japan loves Banjo so you can tell that was advertised pretty well

Why are Yea Forums posters like this?

Attached: 1555192496977.png (362x376, 25K)

>Blaming the country instead of the makers for garbage marketing

That’s like blaming Brazilians for not liking Nintendo when Nintendo stopped selling their shit their

Because Americans (at least from what I've seen) only cared about "muh first" rather than setting groundwork and allowing things to thrive. It's why when you get combining robots people only say "Voltron" or "Voltron ripoffs". Or when you get a live action transforming hero you see them use the term "Power Rangers".

Guh-huh!

Attached: banjo.jpg (721x775, 179K)