Media franchise worth billions

Media franchise worth billions

Attached: 1560862573361.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/pokemon_sales_slump_to_all-time_low_in_japan_despite_strong_worldwide_performance_of_lets_go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c2do46/wingull_isnt_meant_to_flap_its_wings_in_flight/
files.catbox.moe/3x3zax.mp4
youtu.be/lSxpEvha2pc
youtube.com/watch?v=47Ow07GxFNI
youtube.com/watch?v=JD7wtgYg4tg
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFNbQdfj4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xl-gAq477Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UlMEMIukpzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LnMhJU6RsYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That pop in made me lol

looks worse than any indie game

Literally done buying anything from Game Freak. There needs to be massive changes and they need to quit catering to normies.

Wait why do the clouds pop in WITH the steelix? Are there weather conditions attached to the pokemon models?

Attached: 1472309602420.jpg (300x562, 28K)

How the fuck does this look better?

Attached: NINTENDO64--Pokemon Stadium 2_Feb7 8_36_26.png.jpg (640x480, 103K)

soul vs souless basically

Are these jumbo sized pokemon essentially a cheap lazy workaround for the mega evolutions they introduced before?

>Yo instead of doing work to make these super evolutions for each pokemon lets just scale up the models 20x

>Brilliant!

Oh, come the fuck on now, you can make an argument about the awful environments and the tree but this is just pure contrarianism

Really hope this bombs and game freak loses a shit ton of money and fans. So that they can maybe out source to a game dev who can make a actual good pokemon game.

I think it’s a marketing trick that backfired on them. They were bragging about how they “futureproofed” the series by making hi-def models of all the Pokemon, so they decided to show off those models by having them scale up to ridiculous sizes. The unfortunate thing, however, is that there’s no excuse for cutting all the previous ones out of the new games when they just flat out admitted all the models are done already.

Q U A L I T Y

Attached: 1550538212985.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>alright this is it, we're finally putting a mainline pokemon game on essentially a home console
>come prepared with your best ideas we have to knock this out of the park
>alright everyone, what is our killer twist on the formula now that we pretty much have a blank check to work with

>how about...we make the pokemon really big?

>brilliant get to work

Attached: 1354686838279.jpg (439x311, 29K)

wingulls are a mistake. do those fucks even stand on the ground?

Why do they keep getting worse? What is even going on in Game Freak to keep dropping to these levels? Are they so complacent that they don't even care if the game turns out like shit, because they know it'll sell because Pokemon?

is this a pokemon go update?

>Are they so complacent that they don't even care if the game turns out like shit, because they know it'll sell because Pokemon?
That's pretty much it.

And it will sell incredibly well. This downward trend of the games turning more into garbage each generation will continue because Pokemon. This is sad.

Just wait for Gigantamax forms to get announced, dbz shit eater.

I mean, I will buy it. Because I love Pokemon and I love what it could be. I just hate that my money is going to this crap when they could reach heights that other catch-em-all type games only dream of.

>Are they so complacent that they don't even care if the game turns out like shit, because they know it'll sell because Pokemon?
yep

Attached: 1543037826342.webm (672x378, 2.38M)

Feels even pointless to be outraged by all this, because of the fact it'll sell like crazy and it'll continue on. I just wish we could see Pokemon games by other companies. Actual mainline games and not spinoffs.

jesus christ

just lower your expectations and consume product!

Attached: pokemon new slogan.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

Attached: What could have been.jpg (960x571, 81K)

Yeah. I mean, it's already the second most pre-ordered game at E3. They don't need to try.

That's an understatement. Pokemon is literally the BIGGEST franchise in the world at $90 Billion. Marvel in comparison is only $30 billion.

did someone just say the k-word?

Attached: 1542169105455.jpg (257x291, 24K)

also looks like shit

all you can do is hope for anomalies like HG/SS or B2/W2 which cram in much more content than you'd expect

I still like this shot.

Attached: 1560468876147.jpg (1107x1447, 234K)

this looks just as ugly and empty as swsh. why can't genwunners move on with their lives instead of trying to turn pokemon into something it isn't?

I don't get it, it doesn't do particularly good here in the west. Is the franchise just an insane powerhouse everywhere else in the world?

I feel like pokemon died after gen 1 in America. Or at least became a niche franchise.

the vortex is actually attached to the model, they are that incompetent

dont ask questions just consume product

Attached: 1496357681874.jpg (665x574, 39K)

Most of the money comes from merchandise.

I keep seeing this screenshot and it still looks just as bad as SwSh. Maybe the color palette is a bit nicer.

BotW faggots really need to fuck off though. Just because your game was 90% empty wasteland with a green paint stroke it doesn't mean every other games should suffer the same fate.

>I don't get it, it doesn't do particularly good here in the west.
There it is. The dumbest statement I've seen all year.

Attached: da fug.jpg (337x290, 56K)

>scale up the models 20x
I like to think it's actually the trainer models that are reduced

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

post the image
you know the one

Not really, I'm old and don't keep up with this shit anymore.

pathetic

Attached: luigi mansion 3.webm (1272x544, 2.79M)

Even the guy right beside him can't believe he really just said that

um is the game finished?

Nobody can be that fucking retarded. You're just fishing for (you)s

Attached: 1560816590144.png (529x530, 241K)

>turn pokemon into something it isn't?
A decent game?
>a 5 minute mockup shot is completely telling of what people want in a game
It's just a sense of adventure I want, and I just liked that picture. Calm down with all the crazy levels of hostilities over things that will never be, like SSh actually not being a downgrade of a 3DS title.

>I don't get it, it doesn't do particularly good here in the west.
based retard. western nu-male bugmen are THE market for pokemon. it's actually lost popularity in japan.
nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/pokemon_sales_slump_to_all-time_low_in_japan_despite_strong_worldwide_performance_of_lets_go

Attached: 1551284726798.jpg (780x607, 274K)

This guy has a punchable face.

based

>open-world garbage
>"decent"

have a gif

Attached: 1557009278687.gif (500x281, 785K)

You're entirely wrong and this Merchandising is literally the thing that makes the money to these franchises en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Attached: merchandising.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>why can't genwunners move on with their lives instead of trying to turn pokemon into something it isn't?
Irony overload

Q U A L I T Y

Attached: 1560365940363.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

That's cool, the franchise still seems shit and dead though.

Like shooting fish in a barrel with you lot.

motherfucker looks like he's been munching on laqueesha's butthole

I never even said open world, I said 'sense of adventure'.
>SENSE
Doesn't dictate it needing to be open world even, calm down already.

its like star wars now
they don't give a fuck about quality, just more trash that people will spread their cheeks to receive
similar to apple products too
too much greed nowadays, good companies are long gone

yes
this leads me to believe that they're cutting pokemon because they have separate models for ALL dynamaxed pokemon and couldn't fit any more

Does anyone know what the odds are they'll get their head out of their ass and make sure to get every Pokemon into the games by release or in a patch later? I'm not buying that shit unless every monster is in. Especialy since the games look no better than the 3DS, have less features, and cost more. This is legit retarded and there's no excuse to exclude every goddamned monster.

Not once before this gen did they ever do something so fucking dumb that it made me uninterested in buying it. This though is utter horseshit. Everyone bitching that them at least makes it seem like they could backpedal but would they?

Attached: Sadley.png (600x333, 43K)

THEY'RE STARING EACH OTHER DOWN
MAKE A MOVE TRAINER

Give me ONE reason why there shouldn't be a national dex

>FOUR
>DIFFERENT
>MODELS
How the fuck did GF make it this far without learning how to make animation/texture states?

Attached: 5599328380bbcf49003b3535068fd87b7a5b4e51.png (794x594, 22K)

>Does anyone know what the odds
Zero.
SwSh have to be complete failures for Nintendo to realize something's wrong with GF, but it won't happen because there will be people who buy this shit just because it's pokemon

I'm so glad hundreds of pokemon are gone for these improved animations

Attached: woomy sleep.jpg (168x201, 15K)

Pokefags will still buy it.

They'll probably do it within a year like gen 6 and 7 unless they straight up admitted they have no plans on putting them back in

>joe (serebii) posts about these shitty wingulls on reddit to "quash misinformation"
>even they tell him to fuck off and mock him for his blatant shilling
>he runs back to twitter's echo chamber to complain about receiving "unjustified abusive statements"
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c2do46/wingull_isnt_meant_to_flap_its_wings_in_flight/
J U S T

Attached: 1545018464789.png (744x677, 266K)

>anomalies
Everything from Red to Emerald and Platinum to BW2 was great. Good games used to be the norm

>outside of major towns and cities are wild landscapes with roaming packs of pokemon
>EMPTY SHIT
Yeah, no shit. Using pokemon to zip around long distances would be pretty fucking cool instead of colliding your bike into a floating bird that's somehow trapped inside of a small hallway-like enclosure.

Absolutely wrong friendo

Attached: CD05320B-F9A2-4C8B-AF83-32081F2F27C4.jpg (1024x681, 64K)

Nigga you best be getting me that BREAD

protip: it gets easier when you actually know what the fuck you're doing

Attached: 1558624660019.jpg (870x1199, 108K)

Game Freak certainly is

>Media franchise worth billions
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XE98OUumYc

Heh, totally the first time you noticed this!

GF are the video game example of someone who falls ass backwards through life.

better question is how were they able to fit in all the animations for both Kanto and Johto region pokemon on a 64mb cartridge

>Imperfect emulation
>Over a decade old
>Still looks better than modern Pokemon

Until Pokemon gets some serious competition (probably no time as soon other series have tried and failed to match them) they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Have a gift from /vp/:
files.catbox.moe/3x3zax.mp4

Attached: 1550490305896.jpg (512x384, 199K)

>I mean, I will buy it.

Attached: 1560915699608.jpg (680x813, 56K)

NINTENDO FIRE THIS MAN

lol just buy a switch

Attached: 1546303871891.png (915x621, 726K)

Money.

>SS is made quickly, rushed out and sells millions
>Anime now has new source materials, markets new mons
>Toy line has new source for toy production, also indirectly markets new Pokemon
>TCG now has new source material to pump out shiny pieces of paper
>Movies have new source material, also make millions in box office sales in Japan
>TCPi gets huge profit, gives Nintendo some chump change from it and keeps the lion share
>Repeat steps 2-5 for a year until the next generation of Pokemon games are released

Sometimes I hate capitalism

Attached: comic_lo1.png (645x492, 308K)

Someone needs to commission some youtube voice actors to act this out.

Why would they bother spending any money on a Pokemon game when fans of it will buy it anyways?
See: These retards have no standards and will pay full price for this garbage.

Attached: 1459831271261.jpg (898x809, 92K)

i remember how critical he was of lgpe early on. then he backpedaled harder than deion in his prime as soon as he got invited to play it early.

can't believe redditors are based now

>people trying to point at pokedex entries that way it doesn't flap its wings on updrafts to say this is fine
>ignores the fact the models are a few feet off the ground

My hopes for Game Freak were really low, but I at least expected Nintendo to give them support to get the games up to scratch whether it be an engine or a team to do the technical aspects, but it's becoming more and more apparent that BotW and Odyssey were the exceptions and not the rule for how Switch software development was going to go.

It'll sell millions, GF and Nintendo will laugh all the way to the bank. Take your canned outrage and fuck off, Pokemon's been in the shitter for years and they haven't taken a single hit.
Don't bitch about it when you corporate cum-guzzling fucks are going to buy it and beg for more anyway.

>that happy end

If only things were like that.

Attached: 1478654267954.png (1800x1800, 519K)

why is it so awkward? are they still following grid mapping for where they stepping?

Cute alpaca. Wooloo's the better sheep though.

They would only do it if it would make them money, so probably not as a bulk of these sales are from either adults/kids with no self control or parents getting their child a gift. Considering lets go did very well if you compare it to other remakes (slight under performance at worst), this game will also do well since obviously the fans don't care if the game is good. GF will also 100% not give a shit about complaints since Masuda constantly just says irrelevant excuses or blatant lies about any feature exclusion without even batting an eye to the backlash it causes. Pokemon will be low-quality as long as GF and TPC act the way they are with it.

this.

t. genoner who hasn't played a pokemon game since gen 4

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

>SS is made quickly, rushed out and sells millions

But why does it need to be rushed. There Gamefreak, their shitting money and could easily gain an army of grunts to actually hammer out things or hell maybe even attracted actually skilled higher ups. The whole company feels like it has a critical case of brain drain ever sense they switched to 3d, and it wasn't like they where wowing anyone on a technical level before gen 6 anyhow.

according to /vp/, the national pokedex was cut because giant pokemon use separate models that occupy a lot of space instead of using the originals.

>Temtem, Yokai, etc will have more content than Pokemon
>Pokemon will always sell more and reinforce mediocrity
>Only source of good Pokemon games are the older ones and some of the romhacks

Attached: 1560405320386.jpg (505x550, 21K)

jesus christ I know gamefreak is bad at programming but all this shit is finally biting them in the ass

It doesn't need to be rushed necessarily (probably have to make the game in a certain window to help cell merch), they simply just are trying to spend as little as possible on it. They simply need to reach the bare minimum expectations of the average pokemon fan (very low, most sales are children and manchildren) in order to have a successful game. They just are very greedy and understand that they have a franchise that sells itself.

If you don't want to support it but have zero self control, try getting it used after a week or so the game releases

Literally play romhacks, prism is better than anything gf has put out recently

Because The Pokemon Company is not owned by Nintendo, and could give two shits about the quality of the games. They just want more money, as with all businesses. With the lasting popularity of Pokemon, you can't blame them, the fault lies with the consumers.

Have Masuda's fuckbois pump out some shit game every year titled Pokemon then watch the money roll in.

>They were bragging about how they “futureproofed” the series by making hi-def models of all the Pokemon
This was a lie to anyone that knew better right off the bat though. The models have about 12k polys, that's hardly future proof at all considering most character models since gen 8 started have had about double that.

i’d be willing to do a couple female’s voices

every other Nintendo game at e3 was unfinished and looked miles better than Pokeshit Shit and Shit

pokemon just reached n64-level graphics in all other aspects. 12k polys is enough to last them 20 years at this rate.

12k models are fine considering you need 800+ models and its a cartoony-styled game.

youtu.be/lSxpEvha2pc
The switch models have barely anymore graphical fidelity than the 3DS models.

There are no females in that clip.

Reminder that all the work with both models and animations was long finished in 2016 and Gamefreak just doesn't feel like making a finished Pokemon game anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=47Ow07GxFNI
youtube.com/watch?v=JD7wtgYg4tg
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFNbQdfj4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Xl-gAq477Y

You'll just continue a cycle of regret user.

I told myself I wouldn't buy Let's Go. The week it came out, I caved because I felt I HAD to have the newest Pokemon game. An hour in and a wave of regret came over me. It was so easy and lazily made, after I beat the story I never touched it again. Comparing that experience to when I first got Pokemon X was like night and day. For all its faults, at least with X and Y it was the first mainline Pokemon with 3D models AND cool new in game power ups. It was the last time Game Freak fucking tried. I thought yeah, some of the model animations are kinda stiff but its a step in the right direction. Just imagining what future games would be like now that all the 3D models were made made me really happy. Fuck, I was actually excited when they showed the gameplay at E3, directly after Banjo getting shown and BotW 2 confirmation, I was high on euphoria.

>that huge as fuck Wild Area
>OVERWORLD POKEMON
>random encounters also in
>online raid battles, fuck yeah
>Wooloo being a qt

Then right at the end Masuda killed my fucking hype, goddamn that man. Just don't buy the games user. Pokemon is fucking dead.

Years of slight progresses only to have a huge cut in the Pokedex and bigger Pokemon. All for one low fee of $60. At the same fucking price you could get games where effort was actually put in like Cyberpunk 2077 or Final Fantasy VII Remake.

>pearl
>the one fish with white hair
you didn’t pay attention

there are people that don't realize the games have been the same since fucking green.

What annoys me about that image is that the Gyarados is so big.

Attached: pokemon_size_chart.jpg (1024x342, 88K)

Pokedex heights are and have always been stupid.

Everyone needs to voice their complaints with their wallets. It's literally the only way we'll ever get good Pokemon games again.

If the sales don't match or exceed production costs, TCPi would either have no incentive to continue making Pokemon games, which will never happen, or they would have to find a way to get consumer interest in the games again ie; give the fans what they want.

Isn't a red Garyados supposed to be huge compared to a normal one?

Fucking thank you. I can't believe idiots are trying to justify that image. Point out one bird that hovers motionlessly a few feet above ground before floating to the next designated stop-spot. How can you lack that much logic?

Contextually appropriate Wingulls would be high in the sky, circling overhead. I can imagine a large group of them above the ocean waters, as a trainer surfs below them on a Lapras.

God I wish it were Nintendo proper or Monolith Soft developing Pokemon...

wats the issue with this one?

Literally Onix is a longer snake than rayquaza

wew.

Literally look at that skybox

That Wingull can spit liters of water out of its mouth on command who says it can't hover?

NO AMPHY!

Attached: 643467.png (366x344, 251K)

It's supposed to look like a miniature set you dingus

It doesnt have levitate as an ability.

Sometimes i think SquareEnix is the worst developer in the entire worlds, but then GF comes and amazes me.

Pokemon sizes are all over the place the charizard you ride in lets go is huge

actually looks good. luigi looks way more soulful

At least we are getting great memes from this shit.

Attached: sudo64.png (600x600, 149K)

>Amphy is my favorite pokemon
>Jasmine is best pokegirl
They could never ever top johto.

Attached: 1434827921996.png (1510x1600, 1.43M)

if you were surfing i would accept those wingull being so low to the surface on the water. that's just retarded

give, wingull, a, standing pose

So your saying you dont want something like that

Neither does Beldum but it levitates too.

Beldum shouldn't exist it's a fucking shrine bell.

Yep, but it is still what draws the attention for me most of all in that image specifically, it just looks off.

Maybe in the anime, i know they loved GIANT GYARADOS memery as well as playing loose with sizes as needed, but from what i remember the "canon" difference is basically just that it is Red, because it was forcibly evolved and didn't mature "properly" hence why it is Red, Magikarps Color.

Attached: 1404352214042.png (500x393, 235K)

Shut up loser, Nintendo won E3 and I don't see anyone talking about your shitty cyberpunk game

Why would birds have the ability to hover in air when they already have wings?

That's fucking Chimcho you sperg.

MEANWHILE in Yo-Kai Watch 4 for the Nintendo Switch youtube.com/watch?v=UlMEMIukpzQ

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 181K)

>I will buy it
youre the problem, kid

And yet it still gets hit with ground attacks. What a lousy pokemon.

All these people who want a huge open world game with wandering and large pokemon dont really want the pokemon games, they want a game that emulates the anime, which may have a pokemon skin over top of it, but it's not pokemon.

And now that shit has had consequences. Now we have an open world garbage fest and everything is shit. I hope you're happy.

As I've keep having to explain since so many fucking faggots keep spreading this misinformation:
THIS ISN'T A THING ABOUT LOADING A MODEL.

This happened when they dynamaxed that Arcanine. Steelix was already loaded into the scene.
This is a fucking culling bug. The camera position required them to turn off rendering of Steelix so they could get that front shot of Arcanine without a big piece of steelix obscuring the camera.
Watch the fucking webm. Notice how Steelix comes back only once the camera finishes panning? That tells me that there was some kind of check before and after the camera moved to make sure Steelix's rendering was turned on. Somehow it fucked up the first check before moving the camera and caught the problem on the second check.
This is exactly the kind of weird one off bug that can come up when you make a demo build of a game that gets ironed out before the final release.

>BUT DA CLOUDS!
They're fucking instantiated as child objects of the Pokemon they're tied to. That's not incompetance, that's standard fucking practice. Since their parented object got deactivated, they also disappeared and when the parent was turned back on, they were turned back on with it. That's it.

Attached: that's not how this works.png (500x628, 76K)

How is Satoshi approving this shit?

that's a windchime. the beldum line is based on japanese shrine sound makers.

It’s time

Attached: A439AC79-C26E-42CE-A676-E0EA6E1D6EEA.jpg (626x399, 111K)

To be fair Metagross is already broken shit without being able to negate ground type attacks.

that's disgusting

What Pokemon games should I get after Red/Blue? I still have my Heart Gold, but that's basically all I have asides the original ones, but the batteries died on those.
So I lost my old Pokemon.

Attached: 442.jpg (500x707, 55K)

oh fuck i cant stop laughing
ill probably buy the game anyway and many more laughs will be had

You're thinking of Bronzong. Beldum is just a magnetic meteor.

get ready to be called a game freak apologist, reasonable user

ok my mistake these fucking pokemon are blurring in my brain.

Look at the stripes, for example. In , they're mostly straight lines with a few specifcally-placed zigzags. It looks very artificial, like a painted toy. In , the stripes fade in and out, there are patches and offshoots and so on. The textures aren't the best resolution, but it communicates the idea that there is fur with patterns on it, like a real tiger would have. Sure, the OP model has more polygons, but in terms of art it's way worse.

It's fine, to be fair chimeco isn't part of the bronzong or beldum line either so both of you are retarded

They already flap their wings in pogo though.

London

too bad Level 5 killed the franchise after milking it too hard

It's unfortunate that bug had to occur in a context where is just fueling a marketing fire, though. It just made it look jarring, like at least use a fade in effect or something to prevent models just popping up from thin air

>>Over a decade old
We're quickly approaching 2 decades user

pls be in kanto

this is basically ni no kuni though

Well the point is this should have never happened in the first place.
I bet you that they actually turn off ALL the characters in the scene besides the trainer and their pokemon dynamaxing.

That fade that happens after Arcanine finishes Dynamaxing is likely meant to cover them turning on all the other characters in the scene. Everyone else in the scene got their rendering turned back on but somehow it missed Steelix until that later check.

They could have used fading in for the NPC or Pokemon in the Wild Area actually. If people wanna complain about this kind of stuff that's the place they really fucked it up with.

I've never seen anyone with black outline on their teeth like that. what causes that?

They should bring into Genius Sonority again. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness were made a solid decade ago and still look better than this mess.

eating bullshit

are you speaking from experience?

pls i just want to do funny voices

Except the clouds aren't child objects. Steelix has a different model for each different amount of possible clouds above its head. Point still stands about camera panning but the child object thing is false

Be the change you want to see. Pick a character, record the lines, share the vocaroo. Get the ball rolling, see if anyone else jumps in.

Of course I am a pokemon fan

Attached: 1551537876753.png (921x804, 612K)

NINTENDO
BUY
THEIR
SHARES

youtube.com/watch?v=LnMhJU6RsYU

Faggot, where is your evidence for that?
Is it from some BS you got from Twitter or Reddit where they claimed that despite the fact that all footage shows that the clouds DON'T change at all between turns. There's always the 3 clouds present while dynamaxed.

It's not a separate model. You don't even seem to fucking understand what that means.
It's the same fucking model, just upscaled, applied with a different shader and with the clouds/storm models and particles instantiated as a child object.

Attached: 1560473831126.png (567x650, 127K)

animations don't take up very much space as they're literally just instructions for how to move the bones of the model

>commission someone
>hey i’ll do it
>ok do it for free and post it
so it’s not commissioning

Why not just wait for the datamine to confirm whether or not it's true?

>Maybe you should focus on providing accurate information on your website instead of humiliating yourself on every pokemon related discussion space imaginable.
Joe blown the fuck out.

Attached: 1550634077263.png (193x258, 39K)

>$60
Thats the worst part. You're paying $20 more than you did for the 3DS games to have a lesser version of the 3DS games themselves.

Please understand making games is hard :(

Attached: 4A6FEDE0-51C0-4950-A207-8D26B1C1BB8E.jpg (1280x720, 623K)

Don't forget you need Nintendo Switch Online to battle and trade, as well as a Home subscription to bring your Galar Pokemon over to the next Pokemon games, if they appear in that Pokedex that is.

>people actually expected BOTW quality from Gamefreak
>after LGPE
I blame this misfortune on you retards for letting them do this. your BUT MUH POKEMON 2019 made them even lazier than ever

Attached: 1530243896086.png (134x134, 18K)

Because there's so many faggots claiming it is something it is clearly not based on this retarded notion that GF does incompetent shit constantly based on other misinformation of GF doing incompetent shit.
There's so much legit shit to complain about with this game, but people are going after an obvious bug in the demo rather than the shit that actually is real problems like their lazy ass texturing.
GF isn't incompetent, they're lazy. They never seem to improve their old assets. That's the thing that people should be pissed off about.

Attached: 1554760793355.jpg (680x657, 94K)

i would be satisfied with PBR, Colosseum, or even Stadium quality at this point.

You may very well be right but remember that they've done shit like this before

Attached: 1560394443136.jpg (1056x1200, 248K)

They do and even have a fucking wing flapping idle animation in battle

Attached: Peeko.png (1174x881, 657K)

>franchise still seems shit
you have good taste
>and dead
but you're also retarded, really wish it would die though

Attached: 1528791889769.jpg (357x517, 54K)

lol did he delete not only the post about his entire account? serebii absolutely btfo and wtf i love reddit now

And this is the shit I'm talking about.
People spread this around going "OH LOOK AT HOW DUMB GF IS" without knowing jack shit about what was being talked about.
The 100s of Lillies thing wasn't actually doing jack shit to the game because they were handled properly and were in those folders to make it easier for the game to efficiently load shit. It didn't add "hundreds of MBs" to the game in some way that slowed it down or wasted space at all.
And the encryption/decryption thing is even dumber. That one was brought up by an actual modder of the games but was later corrected by another modder. Yes, the one bit of code would mean it could do that, but there was other code that capped that shit and kept it from happening.

Not to mention all the other complex shit that goes into the games that GF handles.
These aren't easy games to program in the slightest. If they were truly that incompetent then they wouldn't even function.

Instead, they're competent but LAZY. They can make the games function well but they refuse to put effort into doing shit that would actually help like diversifying the animations or updating old assets they keep porting over and over.

Attached: 1551593746616.jpg (4096x4096, 1.86M)

>How the fuck does this look better?
>Soul vs Souless
Pokemon Stadium was partly coded by Iwata
themoreyouknow.jpg

Wasn't Pokemon Sword/Shield confirmed to have had Development started after the release of X/Y? Given that was 6 years ago even if you excuse all we saw as bugs during the demo you'd have to be worried cause of the fact that it literally looks like an upscaled 3DS game.

the last good product Game Freak put out was a fucking solitaire horse racing game.

Attached: pocket card jockey.jpg (1200x800, 187K)

>In terms of the feelings of the Pokemon, it's as if the Pokemon are saying: “This region is cold, so I’ll be staying at home.”
Come on guys do you want your Pokemon to freeze to death? Please understand and keep them in Pokemon Home for the small fee of 10 US Dollars

Attached: Junichi_Masuda.png (269x395, 243K)

Maybe I just imagined things, but I remember when LGPE was just being announced, it was announced as a spin off, but then close to release they specifically set out to say they were actually mainline games. Even if the first part didn't actually happen, the fact that LGPE got marketed as mainline games was enough for me to know whatever came out next was going to be extremely lazily done (and I was right it seems)

The worse thing is they're reusing the X/Y models for all the Kanto pokemon. The only real updates were really just some textures and the fact that Pikachu and Eevee got updated face meshes so they can be expressive for the features regarding your Partner Pokemon.

Do people actually want mega evolutions back? Not to defend these new games but that shit was gay.

I've made better looking RPG 3d characters using Unity assets. This is a billion dollar company...wtf man.This looks like N64 quality man.

Lower your standards, gamefreak is a small indie company

Attached: dae know iwata made all of le pokemon.png (1056x1200, 370K)

very nice bait

I'd say they're pretty incompetent for not understanding grid based movement stopped being a thing since the SNES days and it took them until Gen 7 to fully get rid of it

I don't play Pokemon games, and never have, but what the fuck

A good majority want it because either "content" or it makes their favorite cooler (and mostly safe pokemon have megas so 70% of them are someone's favorite)

>he doesn't know SciresM
welcome newfriend

Cute!

somebody post the picture of the bird that keeps itself afloat just by the power of his anger

found it

Attached: l-40200-this-bird-keeps-itself-in-the-air-by-sheer-force-of-anger-alone.jpg (700x674, 17K)

>Anime has new source material
literally just fucking stall it like they did with gold and sliver
the Orange islands were unironically really good for what they were

If it's been in development that long then it's likely those bugs exist because it was meant to be a 3DS title but Nintendo stepped in and demanded they move up to the Switch instead.

Can trainers be dynamaxed? Asking for a friend

Attached: E4517433-EB9A-496E-BD57-6B560AA6B206.jpg (1272x1557, 149K)

>Can trainers be dynamaxed?
Now we're asking the real questions.

Attached: 1509501908474.png (500x520, 352K)

>Can trainers be dynamaxed? Asking for a friend
I have a friend who would like to know this too.

Attached: we should have stopped.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

user, for fucks sake. That's a really good question.

So let me get this straight:

Gamefreak made a growth gimmick.
And the growth needs a special camera angle.
And for that camera angle to work, they can't have the enemy character model possibly clip into the shot.
Thus they have to temporarily remove the model as the gimmick occurs.
However, they still can't properly time the re-render process, thus the enemy model pops in during the regular camera.

So in the end, not only is Gamefreak terrible at rendering character models, but also their gimmick makes things even more difficult for them and just shows how bad they are as programmers.
Amazing.

Attached: 1359669739686.png (277x305, 130K)

Star Wars at least has a fuck ton of CGI going on. Remember also Pokemon is worth 30 BILLION more than Star Wars, which is already a massive franchise. It's just sad how shit the anime is, the movies are, and especially the games are for how much money they have to spend.

>Monolith will never get to develop a mainline pokemon title with Xenoblade X level world exploration

Attached: 1547103731613.jpg (878x583, 36K)

>Alpha/beta build of game is incomplete and has issues

Attached: image0.jpg (944x944, 67K)

The game comes out in five months. Usually, all work on the game is done a month or two before release to allow time for shipping. There were almost no changes seen between the initial and final versions of LGPE. I have no reason to believe that Gamefreak will actually make significant changes to fix this garbage heap, because the problems go beyond pokemon popping in, n64 tier trees, and hovering wingull.

Faggot apologist

Usually, games receive numerous patches even in the months following launch, especially in the modern day. Last minute bug fixes and additions are very common- What do you think crunch time is for? Even if your anecdotal, uncited figure of 'a month or two' were to be taken as fact, as it is not entirely inaccurate, then we can assume that game freak has at least 3 months to iron out all of the bugs and errors, as well as correct any art issues that are present. Some will, and some will not- But that pop in issue? Most definitely. That's not a significant change, by the way- But, you wouldn't actually happen to know anything about game dev, would you? So, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself. You can be assured that all features in the game are at least somewhat implemented, and at this point, whatever game freak devs are doing, it's making sure that those things work properly, and smooth it all out for a more user-friendly experience.

megas are quite good at giving useless pokemon actual use in high tiers... would have preferred a evolution but whatever, like Mawile Sableye and Kangaskhan went from barely usable in the lowest tiers to running the higher tiers I dont see much of a problem with them

Attached: 1488557047442.jpg (1080x810, 430K)

is it just me or does the "halo effect" on dynamaxed pokemons look like floating turds?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 1.08.22 AM.png (790x600, 506K)

>he doesn't know kazowar
welcome newfriend