Yes, yes let's get to the real issue. How many good Star Trek games have you played? I mean personally

Yes, yes let's get to the real issue. How many good Star Trek games have you played? I mean personally.

Attached: 1297637721980.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pvlkjs3Im14
youtube.com/watch?v=i-d2LuCaGD8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kk72RMv9d0s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Command
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Legacy
armadafleetcommand.com/get-files?cw_action=fileview&file_id=1749)
youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA
youtu.be/x-pj8OtyO2I
sbs.com.au/guide/article/2018/10/02/they-felt-they-had-too-many-women-star-trek-actress-gates-mcfadden-recalls-being
youtube.com/watch?v=rL30X9sCBrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Attached: When The Walls fell.jpg (319x240, 35K)

None so far. DS9 deserves a decent game.

>tfw couldn't bare to see the gameplay of star trek "games"

Dominion Wars was okay. Good idea but limited by the technology at the time.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

>tfw no game about the Federation dealing with a Skorr Jihad.

Attached: Quest.webm (960x720, 2.52M)

Attached: darnok.gif (396x293, 1.8M)

DS9 got an entire expansion in Star Trek Online.

Pulsar: Lost Colony is the closest to an actual Star Trek game I've played

You didn't like "Benjamin Sisko's Punch Adventures, Guest Starring The Most Badass Promenade Music Ever"?
youtube.com/watch?v=Pvlkjs3Im14

Attached: 35467-Star_Trek_-_Deep_Space_Nine_-_Crossroads_of_Time_(Europe)-1459202971[1].png (640x480, 8K)

>Every episode that's supposed to make you sympathize with the Bajoran actually makes you hate them more

what the fuck is this

tell me more

Attached: 1518134597020.jpg (538x391, 36K)

Attached: 1478337490569.jpg (800x729, 72K)

It depends. I can see the Bajorans being shitheads because after decades of Cardassian abuse, they just decided to be assholes to everybody just in case they decide they want to take over from where the Cardassians left.

Don't forget that when Cardassia left, there were other powers like the Romulans, the Klingons and the Dominion just salivating to get Bajor and the wormhole spot.

The only episode where I simply fucking hated the bajorans was when the guy that got time stranded due to the wormhole started preaching to go back to their old caste system and everybody just went along with that Bullshit.

Fuck that episode.

>Not the school episode
>Not the coup episode
>Not every episode with Vedic winn

>That episode where the matriarchal refugees come through the wormhole and demand to settle on Bajor and the Bajorans tell them to get fucked
Based

That was on tonight

Attached: Enterprise D Bajoran ship Galor Class ships.webm (960x720, 1.59M)

Attached: 1557100489636.jpg (500x449, 30K)

youtube.com/watch?v=i-d2LuCaGD8

>tfw no section 31 game

That's great.

Attached: 1509297320841.jpg (914x514, 237K)

Fuck spoonheads.

Attached: Ensign Ro.jpg (960x1440, 96K)

Miles it's okay they can't hurt you anymore

Do you think Captain Maxwell got to kill more cardies in the Dominion War?

Most definitely.
Maxwell and O'Brien were the best chance the federation had

They probably put him in a Miranda Class for the crime of being right.

Attached: Miranda class destroyed.jpg (694x530, 103K)

kek

Next generation>ds 9>enterprise=original show>>voyagee

Dukat did....

that was a damn good episode.

Kira's mom.

>the canned episode idea that was made into a book where Quark and all the ferengi on Bajor were sent to concentration camps

I'd argue that DS9 and TNG are complementary. Both get better by the other's existence.

The only one I actually completed was the SNES port of Starfleet Academy. I really should go back and see what else I missed.

DS9 will never get a good game, because they'll insist on making it all about combat. Where is my DS# management sim?!

STO is really good but most of the faggots here will probably skip it because it's a MMO and keep making these threads instead of playing an actual good trek game

Attached: screenshot_2019-05-24-00-52-39.jpg (1366x768, 223K)

Vedic Winn isn't the WHOLE culture. She was clearly shown to be using her position to fill her ego and to "assure" herself that the prophets actually cared about her when they never even bothered to acknowledge her existence.

Attached: screenshot_2019-05-05-23-20-45.jpg (2049x1152, 1.6M)

It sounds like something straight out of Ecco 2. I love it.

Attached: 1547052584500.png (325x370, 81K)

Attached: screenshot_2019-05-09-00-34-18.jpg (1366x768, 334K)

That's because it's the same composer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kk72RMv9d0s
Set this to 1.25x speed.

Exactly the track I was thinking of, actually.

Star trek looks like a very comfy show n series.

Where should I start?

Will there ever be a star trek rpg? Mass effect 1 comes sorta close but not close enough.

TNG or TOS.

Attached: Ten Forward.webm (960x720, 2.07M)

just watch voyager, discovery, and the JJ abrams movies.
anything else is trash

Attached: 1545373743034.jpg (500x500, 116K)

ME1 is more Babylon 5 than Trek.

What the hell man

Attached: 1546583141653.jpg (385x290, 41K)

TNG, then DS9 and if you still need a little bit more, you can try TOS.

MAYBE Orville if you can make through the first season.

That is just cruel.

Attached: 1536899048962.png (474x348, 252K)

wow someone went full retard
ME is more star wars without jedis than anything

the actual best star trek game
zoomers need not apply

Attached: B13079F3-6CB3-4D53-A67E-EC475A6A0966.jpg (1065x1314, 800K)

Was the first season that bad if you watched it as it aired? I initially dismissed it because I thought it would just be space family guy but hearing it mentioned and then seeing a comparison between its first season and STD's first season I gave it a go and marathoned the first season and the part of season 2 that was out at the time and thought it was alright

>best female character on the show leaves
>only to come back as some gross romulan nobody likes

Attached: 1552952497454.jpg (500x645, 61K)

I’ll vouch for STO. I play it like a SP game and to go through the story missions and it’s good enough. The early chapters are really cartoony and poorly written, full of cliches, but as you progress the stories start feeling a lot more like trek and you run into a lot of familiar faces voiced by the cast you know and love.

I really liked this episode.

It's F2P right? How bad are the microtransactions?

Todd Howard, his boasts hollow

The Star Trek game on the brick gameboy is decent.

If you plan on getting into raiding and PVE, it’s shitty without micro transactions and it’s a really long grind to become “meta”, but if you’re a casual player like me that only logs on to do some story missions it’s completely unnecessary and you can get by on just items you get from missions

The Orville is losing its comedy with each new season, which is a good thing.

It improves with each new season, seems like MacFarlane actually likes Star Trek and is trying to do an actually good series.

no MTX unless you really want to.
Like he said, it's made to be played like an SP game with side-grind. You can grind forever if you want to, or not t all and just play the episodes.

You'll probably spend more time dressing up your characters than anything.

Also it’s a dead mmo and the only ones left playing are diehard trek fans so if you like using MMOs for the chat box and feeling of socializing, the chat around earth space dock is pretty friendly

>Watching Cuck Macfarlane shit

The Orville was never funny, stop lying.

Yes, I’m not ashamed to admit I made my entire bridge crew waifus with liberal abuse of the waist, hip, and bust sliders

Errr, the Stellaris mod? Can't really think of any others. Online is mostly good for the erp.
To be fair, though, Star Trek died around the same time gaming technology got good enough to make nice games, so there's very little overlap and most of the decent games are shitty-graphics 90s stuff like Starfleet Academy.
Although Bridge Commander was okay.

Completely agree, hence why I said it becoming less and less humorous is GOOD.

The jokes feel tacked on. When it's an actual "moral" episode, it's pretty decent.

What are you getting mad about exactly?

>and you run into a lot of familiar faces voiced by the cast you know and love.
As someone who played STO regularly ever since it went F2P and eventually dropped it completely once the Discovery shit started getting added, this was honestly more of a negative than a positive. The game had, by necessity due to its initial budget, set itself 30+ years after Nemesis and cultivated a decent sized cast of complete original characters, some of whom even had pretty damn good characterization and voice acting. After the game switch to fully unionized voice acting so they could bring in the older cast members, all the original characters started getting shoved to the side and sometimes outright replaced so they could retcon in older characters, the original characters got worse recast VAs because of union rules limiting the number of non-union VAs on a single project, and it's honestly a much more hollow experience where characters just got trotted out for shallow nostalgia pandering to sell lootboxes.

I just want a Starfleet Command 4 or a revival of the Starfleet Command 3 online

NIGGA NEED TO PLAY STAR TREK 25TH ANNIVERSARY AND STAR TREK JUDGEMENT RITES

I had a star trek game where you controlled some ships and went around the galaxy doing shit, but the game was either insanely convoluted or was buggy as shit since most missions always failed no matter what I did.
It was still cool though

found it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Command

anyone managed to do anything in this game?

The Original Series (Kirk) and The Next Generation (Picard) are the two greatest entry points. TOS exemplifies the excellent character dynamics while TNG uses the sci-fi and intellectual aspects more.

what do you guys think about The Orville?
It is cool when they aren't pushing leftist propaganda.

>muh rape gangs

fuck you
Starfleet Command was a great series. You were probably just too retarded to figure it out and just thought WOW COOL STARSHIP

Now this was a buggy piece of shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Legacy

well, I was 9~10 at the time and didn't speak too much of english and had no manual.
Like I said, it was really cool but I would always get fucked or lost real fast.
Is there a way to play this on modern computers?

I feel like there’s a GOG version but I’m not 100% on that.

fuck if I know.
The multiplayer was fun, especially in 3.
It's nice to fit on the biggest tractor beam you can and shove someone into a planet/asteroid/black hole or just drag them along at like 1/2 or 3/4 impulse and drop antimatter mines until they die

TNG>OG show>ds9>Voyagee>>>>>>>>enterprise

So who was in the wrong here?

Attached: journeysend.jpg (475x363, 40K)

IT'S FAKKKKKKE

She's the best thing in STO, really builds on her characters.

>actually was about to let his owns son die to the wormhole aliens and barely even gave a fuck about it
>killed members of his crew because his old idol did some fucked up experiment that killed them and even though everyone called him out on that he let the madman keep experimenting and put the whole station in danager just for his selfish needs
>was content with letting his son die to the wormwhole aliens but got mad as fuck when they told him that if he married it would not be a happy ending
>"We wuz black writer in racist America!"
>his whole character is litearlly just him being a bitch to the wormhole aliens
Reminder that Sisko is the worst "captain".

Reminder to keep Bajorans OUT of the Federation.
Reminder that the Federation is like root beer.

>Benjamin Sisko's Punch Adventures
How was Sisko such a fucking unit? He was a destroyer, a beast. How did he frequently take on multiple Klingon warriors in hand-to-hand combat and even take down genetically-engineered battle clone Jem'Hadar with a fucking axe that he had never trained with?
Fucking Emissary.

>her half-romulan daughter from the future past comes back and leads the Tal Shiar
Star Trek writers are insane.

This was the shit right here.

Attached: 220px-Star_Trek_Voyager_Elite_Force.jpg (220x266, 20K)

Wesley

I'd like to see a single-player Trek RPG. Starting out in Starfleet Academy, getting assigned to a ship, going on away missions, increasing in rank and when you take command of your own ship? That's when the main storyline starts.

Fuck it, I want this. Maybe CDPR could do it.

Obsidian would unironically do it best. They could play to their strengths and pull the setting apart. It would be like KOTOR2.

It would also be buggy as fuck if Obsidian did it

That would just be star trek charm, fren.

The only likeable Bajoran.

She was too obsessed with Riker dick to do her job properly. Also, bitch had no respect for Picard.

Was this written by Niven?

Give me some goddamn gamepad support on PC and I'll play it. None of that joy2key bullshit, can't be fucked to bother with it. I got rid of my PS4 because fuck Sony so my only option as far as I know is KB+M, which I'd just rather not.

Attached: 1531531235757.png (680x382, 369K)

>TOS exemplifies the excellent character dynamics
this is probably why it's one of my all time favourite shows desu.
I just fucking love McCoy, and in the final frontier the three of them had nice interactions as well.

She had the upmost respect for Picard. He was a father figure to her. Did you not watch season 7?

tfw no Orville game

That’s the one episode that made me like them

Four.

no he wrote a different episode. The Slaver Weapon.

Attached: Slaver stasis box.webm (960x720, 2.68M)

Where they belong

Attached: Kzinti.webm (960x720, 2.46M)

This. Ferengi really do need help concentrating.

Didn't even try, did he?

>stealing must be a habit with you
Even in space racism exists.

I think the story is that Gene didn't like the script he turned in and then just had him adapt one of his other stories.

Attached: Space Rambo.webm (960x720, 2.96M)

More so since they became a Bundy of communists at the end of ds9

Humans in the Federation are extremely racist, user. They constantly mock, insult and dismiss the cultures and values of every other species. Their ultimate goal is to make everyone like them.

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force /the expansion and 2 were great. Spent a long long time with that one. Armada was good as well.

Bridge Commander as well

>makes star trek fanboy show
>the first season is terrible
Thats actually pretty meta.

>we will never have a live-action type of show that is like the animated series.

STO would be the best if it didn't have the stupid dilithium mining microtransactions blocking access to half the ships.

The ground combat was dull and overall the game felt very mediocre.
Still, fun time while there was still an active thread in /vg/ I don't know how many years ago.

Would be cool to have a live action show of the Known Space series.

Not officially a star trek game but Stellaris has a great star trek mod.

Just like the series. It had the star trek feel to it. For all it's flaws, I still really liked it.

>fuck spoonheads
Only if they're fertile.

Attached: I assure you I'm quite fertile.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Is New Horizons really that good?

I very much enjoyed fighting on the dyson spheres, even though the combat got really repetitive after a while

Attached: 1473333246396.jpg (650x632, 177K)

Did the Maquis even do anything wrong?

No, they just wanted to be left alone

idk, when I first played it I was NEET so I spent all day on it and grinded up a tactical, science and engineer to max level on klingon and federation
After they took away the pvp zone Carrot and changed endgame gear from those borg tokens to some grindy thing I lost interest because it took so much effort to get new stuff on one character let alone 6 and a lot of people were getting bored of the game and the Yea Forums guid was empty on both sides

Fit as fuck. And Dukat's halfbreed daughter. The original, I mean, not the one that fucked Garak.

They didn't adhere to the deals made by their federation overlords

What's your ideal Star Trek game, user?
Who's the ideal developer of it?

Attached: ensign_pretty.png (475x532, 339K)

How com the Federation even bend their asses so much to the Cardassian?

Left alone to loot, pillage, rape and murder. Scum.

Yes, yes, well done, 25th Anniversary. Well done ... Yes, yes, HOWEVER

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Nobody leaves paradise.

Maxwell, Ro, and the Maquis are chads. It's rather telling that a ton of them were Starfleet officers who resigned because they didn't agree with the likes of bitchayev and the rest of the brass. They couldn't live with enforcing an unjust peace on people they agreed with.
It's just too bad that Eddington had to give them a bad name.

Also this unofficial one on MAC back in the day

Attached: RESCUE.jpg (640x480, 76K)

The Federation was overconfident and in the last lazy years of its golden age

>have to go to and find the exact place where the next mission is taking place
>fail and you get ambushed by one of the various enemies of the Federation and get blown to smitherens
Was this copy protection back in the day? Something you had to look up in a game's manual?

Scared of war

That’s just because you didn’t leave them alone. They just wanted to farm cabbage

I'm not sure you can have just one ideal Star Trek game
You'd need a good story/diplomacy/character game like a Starfleet Academy or Bridge Commander and you'd want a more shooty starship combat game like Starfleet Command and then something on a larger scale like Armada or Birth of the Federation

Even Miles admits that he would join the Maquis if he was in their shoes.

For me, it'd have to be something that Star Trek never got, at least in single-player form.
A proper open-world RPG where you play a character throughout their career, whether they want to join Starfleet and captain a ship, take a crew post, become a pirate, merchant, etc.
I'd also take the trek version of kotor complete with early-era bioware squad friendship/character development.

Is there any news on the picard show?

They know their betters.

It looks like it'll be as bad as STD.

Cardies got beat back by retarded fanatic bajorans, dirt farming maquis and bored Klingons.

All part of the plan.

The Obsidian Order are nothing more than the poor man's Tal Shiar. They aren't the masters of 4d chess that they think they are.

And that led the spoonheads to letting in the Dominion later on. The Feddies should have mined the wormhole after first contact with the Dominion.

The Feds should have respected the Dominions borders and not kept invading their fucking space. But that's the Federation for you. They don't respect the sovereignty of any other nation.

Tain made the ultimate rookie mistake. He trusted an intelligence officer.

Attached: Romulan Cardassian teamup.webm (640x480, 438K)

And yet you have fallen perfectly in to my trap of reading far more into my pro Cardie posts than was ever there.

Attached: 1499712785011.png (320x240, 139K)

More like he trusted a Romulan. Never trust a Romulan.
Never forget the defector episode in TNG.

This was pretty good.

Shut up, Dukat.

Cardies are only good at monologuing

Four.

Attached: picard.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

>Survive all of TNG in the death trap that is helm
>Get killed in the second to worst TNG movie by stuff exploding around the console so a named character can take control of the helm
What a way to go.

Still probably the 3rd worst way a helmsmen died in the TNG movies.

(you), his arms wide

The Stellaris mod is pretty good

Attached: vlc_G7sYGOMfkN.jpg (2336x1314, 351K)

You'd think all consoles would have been shielded against explosions. Or maybe the crew using them made to wear masks, gloves and body armour.

I know this is bait but Voyager has a lot of legit good episodes. It gets better once they ditch the Kazon too.

It's also decent to have on in the background while doing other things.

Starfleet ships are OSHA nightmares.
>Cargo is just stacked and never secured.
>Worf had a barrel smash his spine and Riker nearly had his skull caved in by shit just fall off pallets.
>Consoles are filled with explodium.
>Every time the ship takes a hit consoles explode burning your face.
>Ships are filled with rocks.
>Whenever the ship is hit rocks come flying out of the walls hitting people.
>Spacial anomalies can have you phase through the floor and you become part of the ship.

Attached: Flight Controllers.jpg (1225x1225, 258K)

If you have watched all of trek The Orville is shit. It's just a bunch of plots ripped from shit trek already did with shitty jokes. The costumes are also god awful and it looks worse than some fan films. Seth McFarlane is also terrible as the captain. The whole thing comes off like a bad fanfic

>It's another the holodeck someone fucks up and puts everyone there in danger episode
>it's another the holodeck fucks up and puts the whole ship in danger episode
>it's another the holodeck created a sentiment being that not threatens the whole crew episode
You would think that having a holodeck might not be a good idea considering how dangerous it is.

>no mention of the black dude who got raped by nagilum
Never forget.

except that whatever moral dilemma they are in is usually just lifted from an actual star trek episode. it's so unoriginal

Zap

Attached: rites2.webm (320x200, 182K)

Armada 2
Voyager elite force

riker is such a twat

Quite a few cuties in there. Especially Brent.

>All these years pass
>Voyager still has the best game

Attached: 1475093180271.jpg (800x1015, 427K)

Attached: trek threads.webm (960x720, 2.91M)

Star Trek threads are always a refreshing reminder that Yea Forums still has taste.

As DS9 reveals, all Starfleet equipment has a safety backup and another backup for the backup

Klingons barely get out of orbit before being set on fire

It's good if you like Stellaris' normal gameplay. Federation is the most fleshed out but you can play as other races and the lore friendly galactic map is pretty cool.

That was still Pulaski's if not any Star Trek doctor's finest hour as a doctor because she actually TRIED TO SAVE someone's life who wasn't a main character.

If it was Crusher, she'd just take pulse and declare the guy dead.

All I learned from DS9 is that their computers have 0 security and everyone can hack into everything.

Why was Starfleet crewed by almost nothing but humans?
Why does all of the federation use human designed starships?

Well knights of the old republic and mass effect were both good star trek games despite not actually being star trek

No one else wants to do anything.

Attached: Enterprise D space.webm (960x720, 516K)

The whole federation doesn't use human designed starships, you're thinking of just Starfleet which is an earth organization so yeah.

The Federation is actually a human supremacist group.

Because the Federation was created by humans and humans are still the majority of applicants to Starfleet, probably because the Academy is on Earth and space travel is an incredibly large part of human culture now

Do you want Klingons in charge of your warp core and transporters?

so why was it nothing but humans dying in the Dominion War on the federation side?
Why not make some planets cough up long overdue membership dues in the form of cannon fodder ships and crews?

Well the real world reason was budget for designing more ships.

In universe reason is that the Vulcans who have the next largest fleet in the Federation only have mostly science vessels. During the dominion war it's more likely that major members like Vulcans, Andorians and Tellerites contributed to the war effort with resources and research and man power more than ships.

It's also likely that Starfleet just designed the best ships and sold them to other Federation members.

The Dominion was distracted by invading Betazed to try and kill Troi's mother

>Make Starfleet Great Again
>Vote Janeway 2380

Attached: 1f3c1bd47773ad8313a82e25891f5ba9.jpg (543x900, 83K)

>Janeway is the smartest captain ever and ever single character in the show idolizes her and treats her like Jesus or something
>only ever makes bad decisions, never actually shown to be smart or capable and lectures and becomes disappointing by her crew by stuff she does herself.

There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway

To be fair Captain Archer was basically Jesus himself and the biggest Gary Stu there is.

Throughout known space, all women fear The Patriarchy

Attached: 7jzx098na3221.jpg (4486x2596, 1.68M)

Janeway made the Borg her bitch and the mere mention of her name makes half the species in the Delta quadrant quake in fear.

VOY Borg were a significant step down from TNG Borg, so that's not much of an accomplishment

Attached: rites_000.mp4.webm (320x200, 2.06M)

>be the most annoying guy who wants to fuck a 2 year old radiated space hamster
>actually has some of the best episodes in the series
>has the only actual character arc
>gets to be best tsundere buddies with Tuvok, the best Feddie
>actually gets really competent, knows what's beyond his paygrade, calls security when necessary
>retires to fuck a shitload of pussy to repopulate his race, entire crew honors him, even Tuvok gives him a little dance

Neelix why did you make me like you so much?

>hey Xindi aquatics come help me kill the Xindi reptilians and insectoids or you're all pussies
>no way fag
>hey no wait, my crew figured out how to sabotage that 27th century alien tech you guys have been suffering from for at least 100 years in like two days, I'll teach you how
>ok deal

Attached: Xindi-Aquatics.png (1600x900, 1.47M)

>some bullshit with Archer looking at his personal file from the future
>writers put a bunch of bullshit in there because it was never really meant to be read
>forgot that cameras are much better and anything on screen could be read by dedicated fans
>now it's all canon because it was right there on the show

I still cringed so much when that Asian girl that was "gifted" with linguistic could "hack" a key door password code because in the end math and numbers are just another language xD

>best episodes in the series
>only actual character arc
>competent
is this bait?

Attached: 1519574718921.jpg (1254x1009, 199K)

Birth of the Federation

Attached: 2-02[1].jpg (800x600, 101K)

>enraged Klingons offering money to Romulans to get them to stop fighting

I understand

DS9: The Fallen was a pretty good 1st/3rd person shooter

Roll em

t. Marc Alaimo

Attached: Frakes.jpg (680x936, 159K)

CIA, when the planes fell

bros...

Attached: MRess.jpg (550x480, 30K)

Sulu tapped that

Attached: 1479833015499.jpg (1112x1142, 694K)

They lost almost everything... They want a cease-fire. Very dishonorable. Demoralized kliniggers.

Attached: 16-16[1].jpg (800x600, 96K)

Who in their right mind would engage in an open relationship with their cat?

Hikaru Sulu, I just told you

Attached: 1557968450744.webm (960x720, 2.25M)

They exist. Some of them are brilliant and very aggressive like real Klingon.

Attached: ST2E-EN01308[1].jpg (357x496, 100K)

To go where no man has gone before.

Attached: 1478639129641.jpg (1200x1200, 943K)

yes, a lot of fun. faithful to the star trek lore. ton of contents

>When a Cardi aboards the ship

Attached: OBrien.jpg (475x357, 28K)

tfw no Caitian shipmate

Attached: 1551732309948.png (719x847, 683K)

>when Keiko doesn't leave the ship

Star Trek Online might be clunky but it's a really good fan service game

I fell in love with it (PS4 player) when they had the fucking Peace Planet in it from STV.

Step up your game, son

Attached: 1473347345405.jpg (700x700, 157K)

Denzel, his grin wide.

Attached: 10.jpg (859x1920, 331K)

Being Miles O'Brien is suffering

Attached: 29.jpg (860x1584, 305K)

>not the best one

Attached: tumblr_nonvo31cBb1tjd8fao1_r1_1280.jpg (857x1920, 355K)

kek

Attached: 61.jpg (857x1920, 352K)

>Keiko marries a vampire

Attached: legacy-of-kain.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

Attached: 87.jpg (859x1920, 349K)

Attached: 88.jpg (856x1920, 443K)

Attached: 108.png (856x1920, 1.21M)

This is true

When did Poor O'Brien become the ultimate cuck?

lurk moar

Attached: 137.jpg (856x1920, 380K)

That explains why all their kids are japs.

Weak potato genes no match for mastercrafted Japanese genes folded one hundred times

oh boy

Attached: 114.jpg (856x1920, 359K)

My penis always sympathized for Kira and Leeta

DS9>TNG>Orville>TOS

>without jedis
Biotics are pretty damn close.

TOS had so many babes on the show. Janice Rand and young Dr. Pulaski were my favorites.

>biotics

Attached: image.jpg (400x508, 48K)

TNG season 3, then all of DS9. I never really cared for the other series.

Randy Pitchford, his USB stick left behind

I really liked Pulaski, I liked her cynical take on things and how she had a relationship with Data none of the other cast members had.

I'd play JOTAR.

Fucks sake I was sitting on the toilet having a piss and some other stuff when I red this, had a laugh and the vibrations made the piss splash like a tiny shower on me and the floor.

Who Star Trek Armada 3 (Sins Mod) and New Horizons (Stellaris Mod) here?

this tbqh
Systems Alliance = Earth Alliance
Cerberus = Psicorps
Reapers = Shadows
Asari = Minbari, but corporate
Turians = Centauri, but less obnoxious
Krogan = Narn, but less eloquent

IT'S REAL!

Attached: it's real.jpg (480x360, 9K)

what about vorlon?

Can we all agree that DS9 matured the series as a whole, added much needed world-building and a dose of realism?

Also that Ezri Dax is best girl.

Attached: file.png (640x480, 674K)

bix nood

Attached: tenor.gif (498x249, 1.99M)

Don't forget star trek armada 2 fleet operations mod and star trek armada ST vs SW mod (armadafleetcommand.com/get-files?cw_action=fileview&file_id=1749)

>It's a Keiko episode

Attached: 1403245950821.png (814x623, 180K)

WE

>It would be like KOTOR2.
So your crew would never do what you tell them to do, you wouldn't get a Starfleet uniform until halfway through the game, and some fucker from Section 31 would constantly be popping up on your comm screen to give you shit every time you don't pick the "be a dick" options?

Kreia literally and figuratively and practically did nothing wrong and you know it

>by end of interrogation he saw 5 lights, kept saying he's seeing 4 just to fuck with cardie officer questioning him
not my favourite captain, but he can be badass too in his own way

The only redeeming quality of Enterprise was that Hoshi was a qt

Their purpose is to be a balance to the shadows. There isn't really such race in ME. If we reduce the Vorlons to just a mythical race no one knows really anything about and enhanced the younger races maybe the Protheans. The Leviathan would be more like the First Ones.

too bad her character became useless after season one when the universal translator started working

Yep

Attached: Cute.jpg (250x355, 18K)

Going from being a complete space slut to someone pure you want to protect was some whiplash.

while ezri is cute, she is merely a girl to the woman that is jadzia

>it's a loli Keiko episode

Attached: 1485222192347.jpg (694x530, 79K)

I want to FUCK Mirror Ezri

Attached: 1432577043053.jpg (835x763, 35K)

Jadzia was unrelenting boring just like every klingon-adjacent element in DS9
Ezri was at least cute and that one scene with Garak was perfect

>STD
You know, you'd think the PR people would've noticed that unfortunate acronym before they officially named the show.

Finally Keiko has an ass flat enough for O'Briens taste

Attached: 1557974470526.png (976x668, 796K)

Kino episode.

What VOY ep should I watch tonight?

Attached: daydreaming.jpg (600x451, 34K)

Scorpion Part 1 + 2

>body armour
Apparently doesn't exist in the Federation, nor does any kind of personal shield system. Even during the Dominion War, they just sent people out in regular clothes.

Real Life.

>Spacial anomalies can have you phase through the floor and you become part of the ship.
That one isn't really the ship's fault.

>Do you want Klingons in charge of your warp core
Maybe. Can they build a warp core ejection system that actually works when you try to use it?

Just put the ejection tube forward-facing and call it a weapon.

The Orville is trash and will likely only get worse.
>"Oh no it's my ex-wife cheated on me with a date-rape archaeologist, lets use his pheromones to secretly drug our ambassadors so they fuck each other"
>countless episodes about the male-only (turns out they just persecute women btw) alien's marital issues, an episode where an engineer shows up is of course his ex-boyfriend, who then immediately begins a relationship with the chief of security
>"the pilot pulls a Geordi but with better source material" episode
>robot dad fucks Sisko's 2nd wife episodes
>Seth's conflict with the Krill is defined by sexual tension with a school teacher turned honey-trap spy
>time traveling ship poacher of course fucks around with Seth
>"Earth will be destroyed by killer robots if I don't cuck you"
I don't know who the target audience is for this show is, 16 year old girls?
Trek has romance, a lot of it as bad as it is in the Orville, but I mean hell there's a fucking appropriate ratio. Sci-fi, ship battles, strange anomalies, other types of relationships, and exploration should take as large as or greater slice of the pie.
90% of the episodes are bad rom-com/drama, while the other 10% are something more akin to Trek. Shit is cruel and unusual.

Attached: 1526430548782.gif (200x170, 2.9M)

obrien always gets the girl

How about we take some respite from all this animosity and enjoy some Hasperate together

Attached: Gul Dukat.png (1221x1200, 1.76M)

Yep, Still play this myself (With Dominion Mod)

I wish this would get an update. Mix of Civ and Homeworld would be ideal imo

>best female character on the show leaves
not exactly an achievement, given how little personality others had. Only likeable one was Pulaski, and she was out of show after just one season. Rest was just bland and single dimensional, save for some guest characters like Lwaxana and Guinan.

I really want BOTF2. Not fan-made one. Official one, pretty please.

>oh shit boss the warp core is about to explode
>oh shit, uh, I mean great, er, fire the extra large photon torpedo

I wish she came back.

Attached: b5_01.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

They're in a permanent state of "WATCH OUR SHOW YOU FUCKING BIGOTS"

And by "Hasperate" I mean "repeated fornication with Bajoran women".

Attached: dukat.jpg (600x375, 43K)

>4 thrusters
>can go forward and backwards the same speed
>basically nor armour
>heavy armament
>even according to older races the most manoeuvrable ship in current known universe
STARFURY GAAAAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 306161-1515308273_lrg.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

Hell if they could just fix that damn memory leak they hard coded in id be happy. Its a pain in the ass having turn load times go from instant to a minute each after just a few hundred turns

Looks like an X-wing ripoff

its overall more like if a X-Wing had a baby with a Tie Fighter

And what, Babylon 5 itself is a Home One ripoff because it's also long and round?

I still can't believe they got rid of the Foundry in Star Trek Online. Fucking morons. That and the fact that they started using the game as a vehicle to advertise the flaming garbage that is Discovery.

>I still can't believe they got rid of the Foundry in Star Trek Online
REALLY?! Why? I thought it helps STO to stay alive for a bit longer.

Now that the good ship Trek has sunk into the ocean, STO and STD are just clutching to each other for legitimacy in a cold world. Just wonder who's going to let go of the door first.

CBS always had a say in what content STO could use, I really wouldn't be surprised if they leant on them to get them to add STD content because it's the only other outlet they can get at

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Really makes you appreciate Rick Berman's hold on the franchise

>STD content
I mean, I know people like to ERP, but that seems like it's going too far.

>really wouldn't be surprised if they leant on them to get them to add STD content
I don't play anymore but haven't they been doing this for a year or so now?

Attached: sto.jpg (1000x520, 158K)

To force people to play the new Discovery shit, no joke. The player created missions were doing too well, so the company canned them. Their excuse was laughable - "well, we only have one person working on the Foundry system right now, and it's becoming too much of a hassle to maintain with each patch." Meanwhile they have everyone and their dog working on making the game more and more like STD with each passing day. It's not even the company's fault; it's fucking Paramount shitting the bed and insisting everyone else prop up their dying show, regardless of its reception.

What you call shitposting, I call a day's work

*CBS rather

Is it me or did STO actually have better graphics when it first released?

Yes, they did.

I started watching Enterprise and it doesn't seem too bad, what do people not like about it other than Archer and Hoshi being Mary Sue?

The Star Trek Armada 3 mod is bretty gud. Ages of the Federation looks like it'll be fun too, though the AI seems to be a little on the braindead side in the current beta.

pretty much ruined the series. DS9 was just drama, drama, relationship drama and once in a blue moon an actual episode with action or adventure.

What happened? Why would they intentionally downgrade their own game?

>DS9
>the show that had more and bigger action scenes than the rest of the series combined
>just drama

lol what the fuck ds9 is literally 90% war

Is STD cancelled yet or what? Watching the first 2 episodes of that shit was enough for me to not bother with the rest or with news of it. I had to force myself to watch ENT at least once from start to finish (after many, many tries) so I ain't doing that again.

Attached: 134234234556.jpg (428x467, 32K)

Not yet. Season 3 might kill it though

It's getting a third season. And a spin-off. And potentially a second spin-off.

Is it doing that well or does CBS has no other properties worth exploiting and are just pushing more out and hoping it sticks?

Attached: 134234234555.jpg (450x360, 24K)

Exile and beggar, at Nar Shaada!
Kreia, her rants unending.

I can only assume Patrick Stewart was bored and needed something to do

Attached: star-trek-picard-trailer.jpg (640x926, 106K)

He is. Have you seen his Twitter?

I tried to watch season 1 but the main character totally killed it for me. Burnham has literally no admirable traits.
Then I let someone spoil me how S1 and S2 went and I am happy for not touching it

>executive producer Alex Kurtzman

Attached: You are not of the Body.png (510x385, 203K)

I don't use the Twitters

it's not doing well, CBS has literally nothing else to give though.

The cantankerous old fart on that moon they were going to blast apart for energy earned some positivity towards them from me. Another good character piece with Kira.

downgrade? how so?

Little of both. It must be doing at least decently for them to think about direct spin-offs, but the other 3? 4? unrelated Trek shows coming are clearly because Trek is easily their biggest property right now.

Attached: 1546738601775.jpg (692x530, 105K)

Before they announced the Picard series, Stewart was tweeting about his beekeeping hobby

There is a recent rumor saying that he is fired.

Nothing wrong with keeping bees. He could make a bundle selling his own special brand of honey to nerds

As great as that'd be, it's just more clickbait started by youtube faggots like Midnight's Edge. Kurtzman was interviewed just a couple of days ago giving updates on the state of the upcoming Trek shows.

It's crazy how "angery negro" makes for such a good captain.

Eh, it is tolerable as I recall. Just play the actual missions, be competent enough to do so at elite, plus a bit of doffing and Admiralty gets you plenty enough Dil to get any ship you want. If you have the lobes to play the market, it's even easier, plus you can get lobi ships as well.

Daily reminder the federation a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA

isn't he the guy that produced flop after flop at Sony Pictures in the last 6 years? Nice hire CBS. They somehow found a jewish guy even worse at star trek than Abrams

DS9's background and recurring characters were even better than the main cast.

Blink of An Eye

The federation should have committed to destroying the Cardassians, something which I do not see how they could have any difficulty with if they actually tried. "The Cardassians fought so dirty we had to sue for peace" is a bit of a contrived reason to have the Federation bow to such a minor power.

rape gangs

the fucking theme

Have they fixed you learning about the Dominion and the Borg before you are out of the TOS era?
How about having these as endgame crises on the Alpha/Beta quadrant only map?

The Cardassians are not a minor power, even if they are significantly smaller than the Federation. Even if you ignore the fact they're ideologically opposed to simply outright crushing anyone that starts shit with them, they're not a military power. Their ships, while capable of standing against the dedicated warships of the other powers in a pinch, are designed for exploration and scientific endeavours. It would take them drawing off the majority of their fleet to completely crush Cardassia in a reasonable timeframe, which would almost certainly cause the Romulans to try their luck, if not some of the other lesser powers like the Tzenkethi and the Orion Syndicate.

I liked star trek enterprise

what is sto

>Bajoran genocide
>real

Attached: CC069346-0E6D-4456-88C1-2BEA1DDCD446.jpg (1485x263, 95K)

Star Trek Online

Anyone remember this?

Attached: 74173795.jpg (1024x768, 124K)

muh prophets said its real in my mind

Definitely delicious. I think her character was supposed to be Japanese but the actress is Korean. Could be the other way around. It don't matter. I'd drink her body water.

oh never heard of that. But then again I don't know any star trek games, I'm not sure why I'm in this thread

Attached: DZKfpXpX4AMCzZt.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

>that episode where she ends up topless after crawling through the tubes

Attached: 1548970346235.png (720x541, 186K)

TV sci-fi writers have a shitty sense of scale

Like the planned invasion of Vulcan with only 2000 troops

Yes.

The Federation can definitely build warships when they want to, though.

Attached: USS_Defiant_firing_phaser_cannons.jpg (851x625, 31K)

>that scene where Ezri trash talks the Klingon Empire so hard she convinces Worf to kill Gowron

That's the one scene I can't see happening if Jadzia was still on the show. Just who else would have delivered those lines? Sisko?

Attached: 1433216651376.webm (300x236, 1.32M)

Very much seconding this. If for some reason you want to play what's become known as the Star Trek Text Game, you'll find no better version of that type of game than EGA Trek.

Of course the Defiant class was only designed because of the Borg, an enemy that so completely outclassed them a single ship took out almost 50 of their own.

The Romulan D'deridex being just as large and powerful as the Galaxy class, their top of the line, didn't seem to overly bother them even with cloaking devices. It took something approaching the end of known civilization to get them to build a flying gun and even then it was incredibly flawed.

>The Romulan D'deridex being just as large and powerful as the Galaxy class, their top of the line, didn't seem to overly bother them even with cloaking devices.
Well, remember that the Federation had their own cloak that not only made a ship invisible, but allowed it to pass through solid matter.

Reminder that the Cardassians literally did nothing wrong

topkek... OY VEY!

I do. Absolutely rare gem.

RAPE GANGS

Attached: Tasha_Yar.jpg (1024x769, 458K)

That was both an experimental piece of technology that didn't work as planned and also illegal under the treaty with the Romulans. If they'd ever actually mass manufactured them, word would have gotten out and it would have been all out war. The Romulans were also working on a phasing cloak, so eventually they would have negated the Federation's advantage.

The Federations bid advantage is being a lot stronger than they look and being willing to stand down before any conflict becomes all consuming.

and she turns out to be fine.

>comes from a human world outside the Federation
>"how can we show that people without Gene Roddenberry's enlightened philosophy suffer in the future?"
>rape gangs

No we can't just make out like violent crime still exists, we have to make it sound like gang rape is a national pastime

Remember that time Tasha banged Data

>alien infection makes a woman horny enough to fuck him
>he treats it like she was his first serious relationship

JELICO DID NOTHING WRONG

I thought she came from a world that broke off from the federation after the government collapsed?

It was his first relationship, at all.

It's not Data's fault that he has autism.
Or that he's really not the best father.

Yes but you think he'd understand the fact it only happened because of outside influence and treat it appropriately

But then when they're trying to figure out if he's a person, they ask why he has a picture of Tasha and he's all "she was special to me because we fucked one time"

I checked Memory Alpha and it just says it was always a shithole, nothing about ever being in the Federation

There is a difference between "fucked one time" and "first person I ever fucked".

I still remember the first girl I fucked clear as day and her memory is still special to me. Only goes to prove how human data really was.

This.

Attached: admin turned off noclip.png (685x543, 430K)

that was the first time he had sex, he prob never had wanked off before that too so ofc shit like that leaves an impact on an android

Ro is dubs
Data is trips

That episode gave me nightmares as a kid.

Attached: 20190228011208_1.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

also crusher is a very bad doctor.
>someone is hurt
>crusher doesn't know any basic emergency first aid
>just stands there because she doesn't have her magic doctor equipment from the ship
>picard is the one saying he must be taken to sick bay
Also crusher is seemingly immune to some viruses while every other crew member nears death from one

lol this is far from the case now

I liked Jadzia as a character a lot, mostly because she wasn't uptight and preachy like most of female starfleet officers. While defenitely a good guy of story, she was prone to little sins, liked gambling, loved hand to hand combat, and made Bashir's balls bluer than his uniform.

O'Brien was possibly the single normal, not idealized, person onboard Enterprise.
From a hindsight, it's astonishing they even added this character to TNG.

To be fair, the same thing happened in the original series

Games good enough that they might appeal to any gamer:
Elite Force 2 (FPS)
Armada (RTS)

Games that were fun when I was a Trekkie:
A Final Unity (point&click adventure)
Starfleet Command (tactical spaceship battle simulator)

The Bajorans basically represent what the Jews imagine themselves to be.
Whereas the Ferengi are like an amalgamation of anti-Jewish stereotypes.
And the actual true nature of the Jews is captured by the Changelings.

He was perpetually too pissed off to die.

Whose body is Picard's head edited onto?

that's overall issue with TNG, everything is clean, proper, everyone so nice and considerate. TOS characters would joke, banter, argue over important matters. In TNG eveyone is too nice, and arguments would end with establishng was has the moral high ground.

Pulaski felt too much like TOS character, so she had to go away.

I didn't realize that Pulaski was originally in the original series

Except he wasn't, he was a hardcore war hero who had seen some shit.

O'brien just wanted a comfy pre-retirement post until he could leave Starfleet, but he got saddled on the fucking enterprise AND THEN DS9. Just fucking IMAGINE lol, surviving the fucking trenches at the Somme and then surviving the war, only to be thrown into WW2 right after. That's what O'brien had to deal with.

Attached: 1556322355485.gif (411x231, 1.2M)

And I bet at the time when TNG was originally on her rapport with Data was compared unfavorably as being a retread of Spock and McCoy.

>hardcore war hero
He killed a single Cardassian by accident

The most fappable as well.

>alternate timeline that lets her die a hero
>lol jk she got raped-married to a romulan
neat

Pure coincidence, you filthy solid.

O'Brian's backstory was established in DS9. In TNG all you know that he killed some Cardassians during "border incident" and still feels bad about it, and even that is added pretty far into series.

the first, and only good, one

Attached: AZC-StarTrek.jpg (350x687, 83K)

>60 years later and the original series is still the best.
They really don't make them like they used to.

Attached: Boomer.png (380x349, 70K)

>mfw Romulus will forever canonically be destroyed as a nonsensical throwaway plot device used to create an alternate universe that is dead now too
TOS is a mixed bag for me honestly, love the crew dynamic but christ half the episodes plots are just full retard in a way that's painfully obvious

Attached: 1506624810274.jpg (326x264, 16K)

be sure to not watch this then
youtu.be/x-pj8OtyO2I

she wasn't or at least I didn't notice it
she didn't fit into TNG really, because she felt too much as a human being (yes, I'm being sarcastic).
IIRC even actress who was TOS fan, was dissapointed how flat characters were.

Federation does everything it can to avoid war, especially when they know it would for a fact it would be a dragged out affair. Cardassia was one of the top players in the Alpha Quadrant, on par with the Klingons and Romulans. War with them would devastate both sides, and the Dominion War showed just how ugly shit could get for the Feds if they were caught in all out war.

Watch the TNG episode 5x25, "The Inner Light."

This is the best stand-alone episode (i.e. it's not part of some larger story arc) in all of Star Trek. If you don't like it, Star Trek isn't for you. If you do like it, I'd say TNG is the best series.

Temba, his arms wide

Attached: sok.jpg (705x435, 45K)

>she wasn't or at least I didn't notice it
she played a character in TOS at least twice, while I can't recall the details of the first one off the top of my head right now she was the seething blind girl in the episode with the medeusans

Eddington did nothing wrong.

used to think that too, then I took the redpill and realized the parts that made no sense made perfect sense when you aren't a stupid socialist child that thinks the world would be perfect if only the people that disagree with you would all just die. Example:
>James T Kirk violated the Prime Directive ALL THE TIME
Only when his ship was under attack by forces that had proven their ability to destroy other starships. Prime directive only applies to cultures too primitive to harm a starship, otherwise the main Starfleet mission statement is literal suicide.

ED
DING
TONNNNN

well, you can't expect too much of a plot from 60's TV series. Heck, some episodes were unexpectedly hillarious because of that, like one with history teacher who roleplayed Hitler, and turned whole planet into Nazi Germany

6 feet tall, weights a fucking ton.

Why does Voyager get so much hate?
I liked it.

Attached: 1c0.gif (480x320, 3.19M)

ah, you mean actress, not the character

I think the only Star Trek game I've played is a demo on the PS1 years ago, where you were a spaceship shooting other spaceships. Don't remember much about it, though.

>hey what should I say to let this captain know that the Federation is shit
>"hahaa you're just as bad as the Borg"
>yeah, fuckin got em
>wait was that the captain whose main defining moment of characterization was losing his wife in the Borg attack
>oh well, I'm sure this won't make him go on a vendetta or anything

It's even funnier when you realize that the writers made episodes based on which props they could borrow from the studios nearby that week.

Was that the episode where Kirk explained that Spock was Chinese, or was that City on the Edge of Forever?

>the episode where Paris and Janeway breed as salamanders because warp 10 time travel

Attached: Gtmarios+fw+he+sees+luigi+in+mario+kart+8+_6394788a5bf7139122bc58ff4d8a521c.png (1324x992, 320K)

>Eddington always played Sisko like a fool and made him seethe
>only way Sisko could beat him was to threaten to kill innocent people only proving that in the end Eddington was the better man and had better morals.

Attached: __kishin_sagume_touhou_drawn_by_twumi__1a6677ab67160a47cc11acdd13436c52.png (1000x1000, 301K)

no I don't mean shit like that
more like when someone dies or is a retarded purely for plot purposes (looking at you miramanee somehow dying due to an extremely light stoning because Kirk can't have a wife and another kid)
even shit like spocks brain I can mostly handle with enough booze to help turn my brain off
that episode was actually one of the ones I really liked though

that's another example, it only seems hilarious to people who have no idea how Hitler came into power, because it's being intentionally erased from history by teachers that want to repeat it, only with themselves as Der Fuhrer

Attached: 1556206908272.png (1500x1131, 1.31M)

Except Sisko was doing the exact same thing the Maquis did and nobody died

>forgetting that she then got killed again
the absolute mad romulads

But the statement was correct. And it never would have come to that if they had left the Maquis alone.

Attached: treshold.jpg (970x545, 44K)

A shit-ton of missed potential due to it being staffed by Berman's yes-men. There's like a million completely new ideas they could've put into a concept like Voyager and they just made it "TOS/TNG-lite"

Attached: whystartrekwasshit.jpg (821x659, 113K)

I don't watch Star Trek so i haven't played any vidya of it. I came across a clip on youtube of this character and i thought it was amazing, great writing and acting, i thought he was an amazing villain. Then when i tried to learn more about him i read about the "twist" and it fucking ruined it.

Attached: 1547227345430.jpg (300x300, 19K)

WE MADE IT UP

yep. Guardian of Forever episode.
I even thought that's how Mirror Universe came to exist, but canon explanation is that Rome never fell, and they became space nazis because reason

Sure, let's just leave alone a terrorist group that's striking third-party civilians without provocation (something not even the Bajorans did!), stealing Federation resources for their terrorist activities, and even striking Starfleet targets. Let's ignore how their entire basis for existing is flawed because their """homes""" were Federation-governed colony worlds where all of their resources were handed to them by the Federation and they never had to actually have a hard day's work in their life. Let's ignore how it was established before the Maquis even came into existence that the colonists were specifically told that those worlds were on disputed territory and chose to settle there anyway, expecting daddy Federation to take their side even though they were infringing on another species' territory. Let's ignore how there was literally an entire episode centering around Data BTFO every stupid Maquis argument years before ("Things can be replaced, lives cannot.")

>looking at you miramanee somehow dying due to an extremely light stoning because Kirk can't have a wife and another kid
The stones were made of styrofoam because they didn't want to actually kill the actress. Stoning in real life is lethal and brutal, just because you never had your skull bashed in by a rock doesn't mean you're immune.

The idea behind it was great, see but the execution was so bad.

It only took them a few episode until the Maquis crew and the Voyager crew were best pals and no conflict what so ever barely appeared again. Having one of the most stupid captains, stuff like making one of the Maquis the head enigneer over her original crew that graduated at the top of their classes in one of the hardest schools there is. Because she had a feeling that this Klingon half breed with anger issues, that dropped off from school, have zero respect for authority would be the best person to give the position to.

I just hated how Voyager turned the Borg from Omnipotent Machines that never negotiate to just another alien race

I guess I'm just not as big a fan to notice this, so I liked more of the same so to speak.
Watched TNG, DS9, most the movies, Enterprise, and Voyager, albeit on TV, so probably not all of it.
Enterprise was good too, the character seemed decent

>Stoning in real life is lethal and brutal, just because you never had your skull bashed in by a rock doesn't mean you're immune.
>kirk didn't shield his pregnant wife because reasons
>took the same amount of stoning but is essentially unharmed while she croaks almost immediately
I know full well IRL stoning is awful but we both know they did it because kirk couldn't get saddled with a wife and kiddo, contrast that with Mccoy and his fabrini waifu

I'm pretty sure there's a weapon akin to this in Jets'n'Guns. Brilliant design, really.

Am I the only one that loathed the characters Kes and 7of9 so much in Voyager?
At least they killed off Kes but all the wanking off 7of9 was unreal.

>that time a Professor Moriarty program accidentally gained sentience and hijacked the ship using his holographic 18th century machinery.
How the FUCK does a recreational program gain access to the rest of the ship to begin with? At least with the later episode where he "leaves" the holodeck explained it as he just subconsciously kept making projections of the ship and they never left the holodeck at all

Janeway is bipolar and her stance on the Prime Directive changes from one episode to another drastically, one minute she's a war machine willing to sacrifice a populated planet and the next shes unwilling to kill some space worms to save her crew

sandbox jailbreak

there are also minor details, like logistics behind being stranded on the other side of galaxy. It could add interesting dynamics if they had to deal with wear and tear of ship, crewmen shortage, low state of non-replicable supplies and such.
Really, in more realistic scenario stumbling upon Equinox would be like gift from heavens. Free manpower, and possibly bunch of spares. Instead Janeway decide to put in on leash and fly together to Federation, despite fact that Nova class is generally useless in combat and - in linear scale - 500 times slower than Intrepid, so they would likely never make it.

I maintain the single biggest missed opportunity was not gradually building a small fleet of allied ships. Having Janeway be "The Admiral", able to bring people together in common cause, as a metaphor of how the Federation was created in the first place.

Gul Rogan (pronounced roh-GAN) posting is my favorite Trek posting.

Yeah it's all in the game manual. Id say it was copy protection

Bridge Commander and Elite Force 2.
If mods count, Armada 3 and Star Trek New Horizons for Sins and Stellaris respectively.
STO is a trash mmo with mid 00s mechanics and lootboxes/microtransactions out the ass, uninspired or just ugly areas and terrible ground combat to boot.
Oh and should I mention that once you hit lv50 the enemies start oneshotting you unless you buy a t6 ship?

Starfury is the raddest starfighter.

Attached: Starfuries.webm (850x476, 1.82M)

So did Scotty

But why would the holodeck need to interact with the ship's helm in any way, at any time? That would be like giving your iPod the ability to steer your car

Those shitty Tesla cars have all of its controls done through an iPad

Is Britain really this disgusting? Can any brits confirm?

Depends on where you live. London and various cities ranging from the midlands to the north west are hellscapes. Everywhere else is pretty good.

not like the police ever keep the average person safe anyway

like everywhere, big cities draw in wellfare rats. The place changes to appease them, because that's how democracy works.

Attached: Dominion vs DS9.webm (540x380, 2.86M)

Attached: 1553843593534.jpg (680x505, 45K)

top TNG episodes > DS9 > TOS > average TNG episodes

These guys got rekt by the Dominion shortly after the show ended, right?

Atton, playing pure Pazaak.

Almost certainly

What the FUCK did you just say to me, you little shit?

Dominion wiped out Maquis as part of their deal with Cardassia in season 5. IIRC it was not clarified if they were just destroyed their fighing force, or did they wipe out entire colonies, though I suspect latter, as Jem'Hadar had no issue killing everyone in New Bajor

What did the VOY writers mean by this?

Attached: 1560985827615.webm (456x340, 459K)

They killed everyone, Sisko and Eddington save the last dozen or so survivors from a hiding place the Jem'hadar are in the middle of raiding

The only good answer for this thread. I still have my CD in the other room, may even play it again some day. Honor Guard was the shit back in the day.

>that episode where Worf and others are captured and sent to a Dominion work camp
>Jem'Hadar commander fights prisoners to the death for funsies
>Worf keeps getting thrown into the ring, absolutely REFUSES to stay down
>is such a badass he gains the Jem'Hadar dude's genuine respect
>to the point where Jem'Hadar willingly disobeys direct orders to finally finish off Worf, knowing full well it means death
>"I cannot defeat this Klingon. I can only kill him. And that no longer interests me."
>is disintegrated on the spot without another word or even a cry in pain
DS9 kind of hogged all the based moments to itself, didnt it?

If you haven't checked out Star Control 2 The Ur-Quan Masters yet, do so, its free, and still the best sci-fi exploration game ever.

Attached: 1540971428977.jpg (1030x796, 438K)

Attached: 1548703984582.jpg (1200x675, 337K)

this dude totally got cucked

Attached: cuckstillo.png (1044x1044, 1.59M)

I want the animated series to be reinstated into canon
I mean if JJ shit and discovery's plagiarism is canon, why not animated series?

I CAME HERE FOR HOLODECK JOKES
WHERE ARE THEY?

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgment Rites
Star Trek: The Next Generation – A Final Unity
Star Trek Generations (It was Okay)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Birth of the Federation
Star Trek: Voyager – Elite Force
Star Trek: Away Team
Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Star Trek: Elite Force II
Star Trek Online (Ehh...)
Star Trek: Bridge Crew (VR)

>Computer, do a silly thing
>Like, really goddamn silly
>Make it dangerous
>Engage

Attached: Jake.jpg (1366x768, 110K)

It depends on how desperate they got. He went rogue, not exactly someone you want in war.

like what?

Attached: 1415409035103.jpg (427x1062, 182K)

opps wrong one.

Attached: +_f9bbd742ff7a1f4f0314036390785d6f[1].jpg (427x1062, 69K)

As someone who was alive when the series originally aired, you didn't have to make that bet, it was clear she was written to be like McCoy and have her feud with Data in a similar way like Spoke. Also like McCoy, she had a transporter phobia, but I'm going to bet most people here think of Barkley when they hear transporter phobia.
Pulaski was always a touchy character, because Diana Muldaur never really felt like she was a core cast member because of how much of a fan favorite Gates McFadden was and unlike Denise Crosby, she was originally fired because the head writer didn't like her and she didn't want to leave the show. So Muldaur always just saw herself as a temporary replacement which is why she refused to have her name in the main credits and instead had a 'Special Guest Star' every time she appeared. Once the head writer left fr season 3, they brought back McFadden and Muldaur's character was gone.

Pretty sure it said he went on to become the first President of the Federation

I've played a number of them: Birth of the Federation, Armada was okay. Elite Force and Elite Force II were pretty good, but the truly outstanding titles were Starfleet Command I & II...

Attached: 6619-12-star-trek-starfleet-command-2.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

...and Starfleet Academy & Klingon Academy.

Attached: Klingon-Academy-Entry-5.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

good taste!

McFadden left because a producer was sexually harassing her.

Two; the two Elite Force games. Solid stuff and I wasn't even into star trek at the time.

Todd Howard, his lies revealed!

Attached: 1509332396540.png (328x330, 189K)

Given his involvement with the founding of the Federation, it's not a stretch to imagine he'd be a popular choice if he were interested in the position.
I did like that they mentioned that he lived just long enough to see the Connie Enterprise launch though.

>decades of Cardassian abuse

30 million across an entire planet over a period of 70 years is literally nothing, especially when you see the way Bajorans were acting. Gul Dukat was right.

He was integral to getting the various races to align and only under his leadership could they ever work together. He was always written to be the first president, but the series was cancelled relatively early.

I like Saru

Attached: sarutalks-head.jpg (777x437, 63K)

He is quite tasty.

We still never got official conformation for that and even the latest interview McFadden never said anything of the sort. She did butt head with the writer though.
sbs.com.au/guide/article/2018/10/02/they-felt-they-had-too-many-women-star-trek-actress-gates-mcfadden-recalls-being

Until official word comes down, the sexual harassment story is apocryphal.

>Don't forget that when Cardassia left, there were other powers like the Romulans, the Klingons and the Dominion just salivating to get Bajor and the wormhole spot.
The wormhole was discovered by the Federation in the first episode. Deep Space Nine was supposed to be a backwater; a career graveyard on the edge of Federation space.

Bajor was a broken planet and you saw it. The first two season were all about the political intrigue as people fought to seize power and keep the Federation from taking over.

I initially misdread Canadian as Cardassian which made the post funnier

I like DiscoPike.

Attached: 1548284834737.jpg (1267x1080, 673K)

I will preface this by saying I only watched about 6 episodes but how exactly does that danger sense work? Is some sort of dangeron particle emitted by threatening beings and phenomena that his species can detect? What sort of range does it have? Maybe its infinite and by timing short and long pulses of wanting to kill him, a person could send instantaneous morse code message across the galaxy.

I probably put too much thought into this.

are these on GoG or can they run on modern computers with no compatibility issues?

or maybe he picks up on subconscious indicators of aggression

>>I probably put too much thought into this.
Some one should, god know the writers don't.

There was a very old star trek simulation dos game I used to play in the 1980s, it was pretty good. It was supposedly a Klingon Simulator and you get control of a fleet of warbirds and order invasions and shit. They didn't have the trek license I think but it definitely felt like trek.

As long as later episodes never have him react to robots or natural stuff like "a rock falls" then I will accept this.

He loses his danger sense in season 2, most of his species does. seems to have been engineered into them as a way to get them to freak out anything remotely threatening happens so the race that kept them under thumb could keep them that way.

That would be Star Trek Invasion. The only time I've seen fightercraft in Star Trek.

They're in DS9 and STO

Shattered Mirror on the PS2 also had them, but it was a TOS movie era mirror universe game.

Look, I knew an author who wrote a number of Star Trek novels before, during, and after TNG ran, and personally knew a lot of the cast of TOS and TNG. Star Trek used to be an incredibly tight community, and everyone knew each other.

They told me that's what happened almost two decades ago. That's third-hand, "My Dad Works for Nintendo" shit, but I trust their word implicitly. It's up to you if you want to believe it.

I agree. The Orville is just a recommendation if you are REALLY thirsty for more star trek.

The first SFC and Stafleet Academy are, but not SFC II or Klingon Academy.

You can however, watch Christopher Plummer reprise his role as Chang on Youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=rL30X9sCBrs

Attached: ss_9cd600d11dc3b9285d79028208b9b529f06aa2d8.1920x1080.jpg (640x363, 24K)

That's a lie. It's stated several times that Federation systems are tons of safety protocols and locks.

TNG's enterprise was a exception because it WAS the cutting edge tech ship for the federation and it was pretty much fueled with experimental shit. Also, it just happened to board the only other tech just as advanced as itself that could easily hack the ship's program, Data.

I'm guessing if they're not on there by now, they never will be?
I really want to play Starfleet Command 3's multiplayer again

Starfleet Command II had carriers.

Who knows? I feel you though.

Attached: 7447_star_trek_starfleet_command_2_empires_at_war-36.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

But Romulans and Klingons were still around and their politics were so unstable that any excuse could lead them to go after Bajor, hence why they asked for the federation to look after DS9, the only major point of interest at the time, to keep it in a "neutral" position in the quadrant's political scene.

The wormhole was just the excuse to put these same powers to actively look after Bajor.

How do the pilots control Federation fighters? Using a keyboard like in the starships doesn't seem right.

The civilian government barely trusted the Federation to not interfere with their planet, but they utterly mistrusted everyone else. That's how I see it.