When did Halo go from baby's first FPS to essential boomer-core?

When did Halo go from baby's first FPS to essential boomer-core?

Attached: gaylo.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyMUrP-L_I8&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=RUUa112HA78&t=735s
youtu.be/ZJNmRDWBqJw
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtube.com/watch?v=svdR8_w1N0Y
youtu.be/JyL-J-piB8o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Casual toddlers grew up and think it's okay to shit up the board now. We need to gas all Halo/CoD/WoW subhumans.

When 2 decades went by. And Halo was never baby's first FPS, it was always the essential dudebro FPS. For a generation that got started on something like Doom or Goldeneye, but treated video games as a social occasion instead of holing up in their room playing Quake or UT. Now they're approaching their 30s and feeling nostalgic.

for the same reason every generation has nostalgia for the "good old days". fucking boomers

Attached: the chad boomer.webm (640x800, 1.48M)

Halo 1-3/Harvest, Reach, Oynx is canon and everything after is fanfiction

Halo is the GOAT coach split screen shooter
Gen Z faggots fuck off
>in4b GoldenEye
Eat my ass boomers, the n64 controller is shit

Halo was always a good FPS. By console standards, at least. The "baby's first FPS" crap was just obnoxious retards being obnoxious retards.

>Reach
don't get this
Reach has all of these super personalized Spartans with KEWL armor AND Spartan III's before Halsey learned of them

I miss Captain King.

Attached: 1192349476074.png (800x800, 57K)

as soon as COD 4 came out and took over the limelight and now it's faded into obscurity and is going super hard on the nostalgia in infinite

Halo was the console's version of unreal tournament. Sure 2k4 was on xbox but it was dogshit.

This. Most everyone that played halo back then grew up on goldeneye, perfect dark and turok. The only idiots who said "babys first fps" were dumb weebs that only played single player chinese cartoon games.

I'm a huge fan of Halo 1 through 3
My first multiplayer fps was Quake 2 on PS1

>console fps
Your kind doesn't belong here casual toddler.

My nigga. Mine was descent

I hope he got to fuck her after this

It always was boomer core, also Infinite will probably have wildlife and Retriever Sentinels.
youtube.com/watch?v=hyMUrP-L_I8&t=1s
7:34

Mainline games are canon, everything else is debatable that includes spin-offs since it wasn't the same Bungie team that made Halo 1-3 and they were no longer part of Xbox Game Studios so after Halo 3 what Bungie said no longer mattered.

Attached: chrome_wCegUZKEHM.png (277x290, 208K)

It's almost 20 years old

>console shitters rewriting history
You all need to kill yourselves out of Yea Forums. Not even trying to be rude.

bump

When did CS go from baby's first FPS to essential boomer-core?

Attached: 1560964598587.jpg (800x967, 151K)

2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1

Anyone who thinks Halo 2 had a better campaign than Halo 1 and 3 has a mental illness.

Anyone who thinks Halo 1 had a good campaign has mental illness

Apparently this is addressed in the Kilo-5 books but I never read them

Halo 3 was my first big boy game.

Anyone who thinks CS is a good competitive fps has mental illness

Anyone who doesn't like playing Master Chief is a low testosterone beta bitch.

Attached: halo-infinite-armor.jpg (1600x900, 150K)

Multiplayer:
3 > Reach > 2 > CE > 5 > 4
Campaign:
Reach > 3 > 2 > CE > 4 > 5
Story:
2 > Reach > CE > 4 > 3 > 5

Campaign
3 > CE > 4 > 2 > 5

Ive read them and no it does not cover it. Reach was always a shitty addition to the lore because it straight up clashed with the books.

The only attempt to "correct it" was apperently Reach came with something small called Halsey's Journey that kind of tried to explain the inconsistencies but still failed to explain it beyond a simple hand wave that doesnt work.

Why is Master Chief a fatass, now?

I don't like Reach but games > books in canon, Reach was shit because it clashed with Halo 1-3.

This is the most accurate description of Halo fans I have ever seen on this board. Every Halo fan I know skipped Quake and instead got started with games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Ive never met a Halo fan who's first FPS was Halo

>fatass
Found the beta.

What does that mean? Seriously, it looks like they fattened him up from Halo 1–3 and 4–5 from that picture.

You both hit it right on the money.

They bulked him up in Halo 4 and 5, they just got rid of his Halo 4 and 5 armor and replaced it with armor close to his Halo 2 and 3 armor.

Attached: Master Chief Evolution.png (2934x1080, 3.39M)

Marty's genuine born-in-1955 boomer soul is imparted into his music. 30 year old boomers gravitate to it on principle.
youtube.com/watch?v=RUUa112HA78&t=735s

Attached: Martin O'Donnell.jpg (900x900, 87K)

What criteria does Halo fall under that makes it "babies first FPS" other than "it came out after whatever shooter I used to play".

He went from fashion to heroic with the physique to match.

Attached: 0b37b936fc91d75449039f65b1b8fe8d.jpg (736x1012, 153K)

The eternal quakefag is lashing out on csbros tonight, good timing.

He legitimately looks fatter than in Halo 3. It might just be a higher-poly model.

>infinite vs halo 3
How are graphics getting worse? I don't understand.

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK FUCK HALO FUCK CS FUCK HALF LIFE FUCK ZOOMERS

its not over csniggers

About 20 odd years ago

For clarification of your point, the armor itself has been the same since Halo 2 in canon. Halo 4's change was originally explained by 'nanobots' until they got a colossal backlash from what a fucking stupid ex machina that was and changed it to being a mere different in 'art style'. Halo Infinite's change difference is also due to 'art style'.

deal with it, you can never undo TF2 chads getting the last word of your thread

BALLIN
BALLIN

Because it was always kino, only retarded boomers thought otherwise becuase muh doom (IQ too low too appreciate good story telling, lore, and world building). Now the previous boomers are dead or in retirement homes.

half life, cs,cod and halo. the cancer that killed fps.

>Halo
>good story telling

Attached: 1362858296477.gif (250x250, 993K)

That was never changed, in Halo 4 it was canonically changed by nanomachines, you got it backward, originally it was art direction and then it got fan backlash so it was changed to nanobots, in Halo 5 he gets GEN2 that looks like his Halo 4 suit, it's not the same suit in Halo 5 even though it looks like it.

Could be

Go back to Mexico.

its not about age halofags. its about what it did to gaming. i mean the cancer of CS is 20 years old but still a bad game that ruined the genre just like halo.
real fps gamers dont respect it.

When it's older than most of the faggots posting here.

wrong

It was always a good game, on PC

The only good part was the Race mode, everything else was just as shit or even worse in some instances since Gearbox fucked up the port

It actually played at 60 fps lol that alone makes it the best version of the game. And you can add AKs to it lol youtu.be/ZJNmRDWBqJw

when there are still people playing 1.6 and source

Ive literally met people who thought Halo was the first fps period.

Valve cuck

>multiplayer in reach
you armor lock faggot

We call them retards there was an entire trend back in like 2007 where people said Goldeneye 007 was the best FPS and they were deadass wrong. It's not even the best N64 FPS

>It actually played at 60 fps
the animations were all 30FPS locked though, not sure if any other game has done that before or since

they day COD4 launched

Best MP shooter of the N64 coming through

Attached: Donkey Kong 64.jpg (500x344, 66K)

It would be perfect if they gave it a tone of green between 3 and 4, not quite so muted that it looks nearly grey like 4's but just maybe a single shade darker than 3's and brighten the shade of the visor a bit, Infinite's looks almost bronze or copper rather than gold, and it looks better closer to gold to my eye.

Shut the fuck up you fucking dumb nigger don't you fucking ever come back yo this fucking board do ou fucking hear me? You consume so much fucking soi little bitch soi

Halo, CoD, Counterstrike and the n64 shooters are not boomer-core nor are they zoomer games. They are exist in the inbetween era I dub Xoomer.

Csbabby mad because people shitted on your game on its 20th anniversary

People actually started playing it on the PC and liked it. That's why.

Early on it had a bad reputation associated with stupid kids with xboxes.

Can we agree that n64 shooters, cod , halo, half life , cs, serious sam and all >2000 fps are garbage?

TF2 > QTF > TFC

Eat more soi go back to your soitch and jannies if you ban me you just proved you're all bitches

>Doom threads always reach bump limit with hundreds of posters
>Halo threads never reach bump limit with under 100 posters
Times have changed.

Suit looks great though plus it's his new GEN3 armor he really didn't use it for very long.

Fuck off zoomers

This site hates Halo and Metroid, we're lucky to even get a thread that reaches bump limit we're even more lucky to get a good Halo or Metroid thread that reaches bump limit.

I don't know, I was defending Halo on here back in 2006.

Attached: 1556126845419.jpg (1440x878, 965K)

S

"oldfags" never had an original xbox and it didn't help that it was popular with normies
I always thought the hate was unwarranted

just be glad the faggot hasn't showed

>4 > 2
>Reach > 2

Attached: 6c9.gif (390x293, 2.95M)

>metroid
What?

this so much. during high school my friends and I got together every weekend to play melee and local halo multiplayer. good times.

Just recently played Halo 2's campaign, the campaign is bullshit and poorly made, Brutes suck as enemies, the first High Charity level takes forever to give you Plasma grenades, it's too linear, and there is almost no cover. Halo 4 had its problems but I rather play that campaign over Halo 2's plus the Arbiter levels really sucked.

Metroid threads die very fast as well. I wish Metroid and Halo threads would last and not have an endless wave of shitposting from one or three guys.

You can't be serious? Time for your swirly

>rather dumpy looks fitter than the vast majority of people today

I deserve some recognition i btfo cs today valve drones.

It wasn't 2004
Unreal Championship was good but Unreal Championship II was better

damn English accents are ugly

What version is the one on Xbox a port of?

>and 3
1 > 2 > 3
3's was boring

that armor is not spiffy, especially not the helmet
I don't like the relief arch on the torso either

I watched it to jack off to the chick on the left in the short shorts.

You're boring

when does this happen in jurassic park

>Multiplayer:
>3 > Reach > etc.
opinion discarded

Of course, you don't, luchador.

Halo 2's and 5's armor looks the best, hands-down

>5's armor looks the best
Excuse me?

I can only imagine you did so on mute

everything else is just that bad
to be clear, 2's is the best

Nope, watched the full 15 minutes just to stare at her.

I like 3's better and I like Infinite's the best.

>why do people older than me like an important game that came out when they were my age or younger

I really wish that everyone who thinks that Halo is good would have their throats slitted. Kill yourselves, underaged zoomer faggots.

I love how Halo always pisses off Quakefags.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to come in here and share your opinion user.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

based

>be the only non shit game available on the only console anyone had at the time (besides chinks)
>becomes popular

wow, such wow

Halofags latch onto Metroid because they know their series is bland and generic western shit so they try to make it seem more interesting by pretending it's some sort of sister series to Metroid, an actual good series

Multiplayer:
3 = 2 > Reach > CE > 4 = 5
Campaign:
3 = 2 > ODST = CE > Reach > 4 > 5
Story:
3 = 2 = CE > ODST > Reach > 4 > 5

Because while halo was indeed casualized shlock, it was still at least competent at what it did, and was still better than what came afterwards. Say what you will about halo, at least it's not just corridor shooting and chest high walls like CoD and that style of game that dominated the late 00s and early 10s.

You also have to keep in mind that it was the first major FPS for many consolebabbies of the time. Sure, there was goldeneye and the turok games before that, but that was basically it.

how is a dudebro fps not baby's first fps?

Mine was Tribes

Halo is anime though.

Attached: TEs36cpdUsljJ8uyQuA_x_2FvybelTwPSbcwQz3uh4E.jpg (800x1201, 71K)

>pretending it's some sort of sister series to Metroid
link literally one example of this

I genuinely enjoyed the open-area levels of Halo like when you first crash on the ring, or the one where you're on an island and can drive around the entire perimeter, or the one where in the snow where you drive a tank through to the end and then back.
However, the levels that took place in repetitive narrow corridors like on the covenant ship or the flood levels were utter bullshit and I don't know what they were thinking designing those, or how anyone could possibly think they're fun.

Also played a lot of online back in the day because I played the PC custom edition version.
I also remember trying out the PC version of Halo 2. It was alright I guess. Main thing I remember was that the vehicles no longer had the fun physics of the first game where you could whip them around and do crazy shit. It was bullshit how the PC of 2 version added ridiculous amounts of weapon recoil to "compensate" for the advantage of mouse controls over a controller.

Quakefags like to shill Doom 2016 and Eternal in Metroid threads and pretend Doom is a sister series to Halo, this guy is even more angry that Halo Infinite is more popular than Doom Eternal.

An American Hero right there. Tap that ass patriot.

Attached: 1429231833675-4.jpg (1046x769, 131K)

*sister series to Metroid
Sorry about that.

>Doom is a sister series to Metroid
this makes even less sense

Halo was the first FPS so of course it's the most popular

Attached: 1537833583258.png (470x495, 27K)

How are your 40s looking?

My first FPS was halo since I was a poorfag and only played gameboy shit and flash games until my parents got an xbox. While I wouldn't say it's the best FPS gameplay/mechanics wise, it had so much else that many other FPSes lacked, the soundtrack, art direction and atmosphere that many other games did not. I know video games should prioritize gameplay over everything else (that's not to say Halo's gameplay was bad, everything people keep whining about from the 2 weapon limit to the partially regenerating health was done to combat the console/controller's limitations and enough was done to make up for it that it could be overlooked considering that. It's sure as hell not Halo's fault that every other shooter that came after just aped what they did without taking care to make it work well) but if done well they considerably enhance the experience and fun you have when playing the game. Hell take away all the best parts of your favorite game's art style, music and narrative and replace them with some generic shit and it would probably look much worse in your eyes as well even with the great gameplay. Halo was an amalgamation of great ideas and talent that bungie had back then, it died because they were done but it was making too much money for microsoft to just let it go.

Attached: 1519941389805.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

Quakefags are that delusional, they also like to compare Doom to Metroid and Halo because Samus and Chief wear helmets and kill shit so that makes them the same as the Doom Slayer, not understanding Master Chief's and Samus Aran's characters at all.

Bump

I'm glad that dumb meme pic hasn't been posted in this thread, I was so sick of baby zoomers using that pic.

Which one the stupid Baby's first FPS one or the retarded Doom Slayer is married to Samus one with a baby Chief which came from reddit?

Damn, I'm sorry man.

I am a 22 year old zoomer and Halo was my first FPS and my favourite game.

youtube.com/watch?v=svdR8_w1N0Y

Attached: 1552544244057.jpg (1600x900, 237K)

i guess Marathon doesn't count because it's not a full face helmet?

Infinite looks like a cross between Halo 1's armor and Halo 2's armor

I like it. Faggots complaining about Infinite's "bulky" armor can fuck off. He was always supposed to be a walking tank. Armor actually looks like it really does weigh 2 Tons now

>powers energy shields
>provides HUD radar, shield charge, physical health, grenade count, weapons interface
>boosts physical strength and reaction time
>can partially house an advanced AI while the rest resides in the "wetware" of the user

>can't power a shitty flashlight for more than a minute or two

Attached: iM5v1Tb.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

the light is powered from the semen his suit extracts, it's only a small amount of fuel and there is a refractory period

>tfw always genuinely loved Halo 1 but had to conceal my power level in my autistic elitist pcfag circles

Attached: 1167748288880.jpg (600x800, 90K)

If Cortana can read Chief's bio-signs and everything, does she know when Chief has a raging boner?

baby's first fps

m8 she could probably count the exact number of sperm cells in Chief's scrote in under 2 seconds. Why do you think she went into total yandare mode in 5? She was obsessed with Chief.

The year it came out. Halo was always essential boomercore.

>yandere cortana
hnnngg

Attached: 96f.jpg (700x394, 175K)

People age user
Halo is not the game for kids anymore, since they are 20yo
Wait until Fprtnite has the same fate

>it had so much else that many other FPSes lacked, the soundtrack, art direction and atmosphere that many other games did not
Classic PC FPS did have those though.

youtu.be/JyL-J-piB8o

To them no, they even think Halo was inspired by Doom, not the game that came before it, Marathon.

Agreed, the armor is sexy as hell.

I'm suprised that faggot hasn't posted it myself.

Not true. Halo 5 uses "Gen 2" Mjolnir armor. It's already confirmed that Infinite is Gen 3.
Halo 2, 3, and 4 are all the same suit though.

gaylo is objectively shit and cunts like it because its literally babbys first FPS gaem

t.oldfag

Attached: nigletwat.jpg (560x400, 40K)

>actually wearing a suit of armor again instead of 4 and 5's retarded undersuit with bits and pieces of armor attached to it
thank fuck.

Yandare Cortana was always meant to happen, it was supposed to happen in Halo 1 but got pushed to Halo 3 but Bungie still didn't do it so 343 did with Halo 5.

What do they think about Wolfenstein 3D?

what is the best top tier Legit Gamer FPS and why?
educate the children.

>Quakefags like to shill Doom 2016
Ultra shitposter Quake fag here. I have been bitching about it non stop for 3 years.

They never mention it.

smmfh

Then they must be nuDoomfags.

shooting thick ropes on ur mums ugly mug

Attached: asioan doctor.jpg (492x600, 104K)

It might come down to opinion but it just felt a lot more cohesive to me. Quake was definitely nice and had that as well but for god's sake I hope you're not talking about doom when the soundtrack for that was just them taking a bunch of existing metal riffs and barely changing them.

1v1 me in N.O.V.A. 1 fgt

copy this for the future. its perfect bait, combining shit taste and unoriginal status quo thinking. just wrong enough so children around reach's launch wont notice.

closer.

Multiplayer:
3 > Reach > 2 > CE > 4 > 5
Campaign:
ODST > Reach > CE > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5
Story:
ODST > Reach > CE > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5

based

Is that the phone FPS gameloft did?

CASUALS GET OUT

Condition Zero. They really fucked up the whole game with that shit.

Mexican fingers typed these posts

Mexicans rabidly defend nu-Halo though. They're its entire playerbase.

I loved Halo and my first FPS was Zero Tolerance on the Genesis.

When my dad stopped drinking, he needed something to do. So I introduced him to video games again(we'd played starfox back in the day,) and it just so happened that Halo was one of the free games for that partciluar month, so I grabbed it, knowing there was 2 player couch co-op, and ended up having a blast. Having another person there makes the game much better. I wouldn't say it's essential by any means, but it was decently fun and we had a few runs on all the difficulty levels.

I don't get this meme

But that's an autistic quake fag that bumped an anti-CS1.6 thread for 10 hours alone. I doubt he is a Halo Reach fan

Ill take your word for it

Can you repeat this in English?

My dad was into UT2000. He couldn't even jump over the pipe that explodes at the start of Halo. Using a joystick to aim and another to move was just too much for him. It was pretty hilarious to watch. He got rather pissed.

Ahem hem hem.

Doom 2016 is a good game.

When the kids who played it grew up. Before Halo, Counter-Strike was the FPS everyone shit on and before that it was Goldeneye.

Nah, shitting on Halo was very popular in the 2000's. Halo, Madden and Call of Duty were the trifecta of dudebro game franchises, admitting you enjoyed any of them back in the day was equivalent to a cardinal sin. It got the "babby's first FPS" moniker because it was the Xbox's killer app.

can you imagine typing this out

>thinking reach had better multiplayer than 3
>thinking reach had good multiplayer

Reach has native mutators so it wins over the other console locked Halo

Marathon is a mac doom clone anyway. And halo as we know it (the xbox game) would not exist without doom and microsoft being pissed doom had a greater install base than windows and creating a game division.

Nobody hates metroid. There just isn't anything to talk about without an original 2d game release or a metroid prime release.

literal zoomer here, fpbp

Wrong, Marathon was inspired by Pathway into Darkness (another Bungie game) and Microsoft created a game division to counter Sony since they were trying to gain a monopoly in the game industry, you fucking Quakefag.

Lmao at the idiot shilling the idea any one thinks of halo and metroid as "sisters" to doom. At best Halo and Metroid Prime are Dooms bitch daughters.

Halo and Metroid (not the Prime subseries) are better than Doom, Quakefag. They were so good nuDoom had to take inspiration from them.

Yeah shit like muh arenas, muh cinematics and muh platform jumping. All the reasons why nuDoom will never be called by the name it has on its own cover. first post had it right, all Halo/CoD/WoW posts should be purged off this site.

Guilty as charged

Halo was baby first FPS because it introduces HP regen and 2 weapon limit.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 12K)

this is why the boomer forced meme is fucking retarded
you have given children and newfags positions of seniority, and therefore wisdom, authority, and tradition
what little meaning is in "boomer" was entirely ironic and you've taken it too fucking far

When zoomers grew up.

I rather play as the Chad Noble 6 than the Virgin Master Chief

Attached: B312.png (786x715, 934K)

Who? I never heard of this non-canon bitch, a chad doesn't die like a bitch on the battlefield. He even played like shit being a Spartan III isn't an excuse for shit gameplay.

Time splitters 2

It's 2007 and you're waiting in line to get your copy of the much anticipated and soon to be critically acclaimed video game: Halo 3, the last of an epic trilogy and flagship of its console, the game where you'd finally be able to "Finish The Fight," coming off a cliff hanger ending from one of the greatest multiplayer games you've ever played, Halo 2.

Bill Gates is waiting at the end of the line and hands you your copy of the game personally. You'll go home to Doritos, and Mountain Dew Code Red. You'll play endless custom games (Fat Kid, Cops and Robbers, Tower of Power, Swat, Smear the Queer, Zombies), Co-Op, and matchmaking/MLG sessions in the most advanced online experience console gaming had to offer, sharing gameplay clips and pictures, trying to rank up during double experience weekends, getting that "50," as well as all the achievements so you could have that cool Hayabusa Kitana armor. Remember that pesky double kill with the spartan laser in Free For All achievement? This was truly a game everyone was playing.

The best of all, you'll connect with people you'd never would have otherwise. They'll become your cherished Xbox Live Halo 3 Friends and you'll play with them off and on for the next couple years, sometimes even in other games, creating countless memories. Even if you meet other friends online in other games, you'll mentally separate them with your "Halo 3 Friends" who have a merited a personal background and thus a stronger connection that people you'd meet in other games don't compare with. The thought of such a time coming to an end or even it's possibility was unimaginable.

Eventually, you'll play your last Halo 3 Ranked Slayer game and you'll put down the controller to never pick it up ever again. You'll never meet people like this again and soon they'll fade to internet friendlist "ghosts" that "haven't been online in X days..."

Buy the MCC and play it because it's fixed and we need you. Recreate new memories.

Attached: serveimage(17).jpg (3504x2336, 3.25M)

>boomer CE Elites
- looks like a shark fucked a fighter jet
- cross map snipes you with the plasma rifle
- rushes you at full shields, rushes you even harder when you try to run or hide to regenerate
- energy sword is key-coded to their hand so no one else can wield it
>zoomer Elites
- look like retarded dinosaurs, can't close upper mandibles without gouging out their eyes
- misses with the needler in CQC
- no object permanence, if you hide behind a wall they can't comprehend your existence
- anyone can just pick up their energy swords
- Halo Wars 2 Atroix/Banished shit cucks them even harder

Attached: Halo5.jpg (694x450, 53K)

It's always been good, people just stopped complaining about it because it's not as popular or good anymore and is a shell of its former self. Hating Halo was always edgy and people grew up. It can still always be "babby's first FPS" because it's made for consoles and has shield regen and a two weapon inventory, but it's designed very well for being what it is. PCfag cringe has died down a bit since even they're releasing they haven't been "superior" since the very early 2000s

Based TF2 chads

exactly
t. 27 year old who still plays halo after work most days

What I really hate about Halo 2 is that all the weapons are balanced around multiplayer so in the campaign you're stuck in these tiny hallways using weapons that feel like peashooters because they were all designed to fight other players and not enemies with inflated HP values.

I like Halo 1 because it still has the spirit of a Bungie game. It feels closer to Marathon/Oni/Myth than it does to its sequels.

>Halo started on console
Are you sure you're not the toddler here?

I preordered Halo for PC before it even came out for Xbox. Then I bought an Xbox day 1 for Halo.

No but seriously, the game was a massive disappointment. Old Yea Forums had it right.

Prior to release Bungie promised Halo would be a Tribes / sandbox hybrid which looked fucking awesome. Then when they switched to Xbox they turned it into a linear mission shooter with some of the most repetitive level design ever seen in a video game up to that point.

Most people my age hated it, but I do remember seeing how enthralled children under 10 were with the game at the time. I guess these are the current Yea Forums posters.

Halo was a fucking strategy game before it got moved to consoles, don't be dishonest.