SOUL RESTORED

SOUL RESTORED

Attached: LA Switch Goomba.png (625x560, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCdMGfducg
romhacking.net/hacks/612/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's so happy

now fix the rest of the remake's shitty aesthetic

I like it, it reminds me of the Mother series.

Why is Yea Forums constantly trying to convince me soul means ugly?

I'm pretty sure the original was just a placeholder honestly.

i always thought the new links awakening style looked charming. fuck the retarded haters.

This art style is great. LMAO at all the boomers seething over it not looking like an UE asset flip

Attached: soul's awakening.jpg (667x408, 51K)

that's the first time i've seen a goomba smile

I wish the lighting was a little more matte to bring out the clay look, but otherwise it's alright.

It was pretty believable that they would've left it as "literally the NSMB goomba" because of how much homogenization has occurred in the Mario series where every enemy has to look the same across appearances (including cameos). Happy that they realized that it makes sense for the LA cameos to be a little bit different because of the dream world.

Attached: souleater.png (346x345, 19K)

I don't get the funko pop comparison. That is not how funko pops look like. Looks more like Peanuts if anything.

Attached: g.png (1000x1000, 542K)

WOW FUCKING AMAZING

Attached: 1531687638071.png (918x648, 64K)

>Its being made with the original in mind to a T
>Yea Forums's falseflaggers are chimping out threads everyday about souls
>other half which is like 1% are excited
Can we have a thread without you faglords complaining?

Attached: 1560570095321.jpg (400x288, 26K)

based

Drop the price so that I'm not paying the same price as BOTW as I would be for a 1:1 remake of a GB game.

the difference between the two is one has a happy smile where the other devoid of any soul.

Just don’t buy it then poorfag

I wish they would get rid of the ugly Marco lens blue effect.

I like it. It makes the game feel more claustrophobic.

Hold the fuck up. 60 dollars? For a remake? What the fuck are they thinking with this shit.

They reminded me more of Nendos if anything

OK, that's definitely some soul here.

My biggest issue is that in certain places they just have repeating tiles where it would've looked better if they made it a single structure or had some sort of difference when there are multiple next to each other

Attached: links awakening swamp.jpg (1920x1090, 584K)

Nintendo calls the switch a console you can take with you, not a handheld you can plug into the TV, a nice excuse to charge full price for eveything.

Hey um excuse me sweetie
I need to let you know your behavior is like SOO TOXIC right now
I mean this is just a fun little game for US GAMERS
#girlgamer #girlpower
But seriously like that talk is soooooo 2014
I mean you're acting like a beta male incel alt right goober
We all need to be nice to each other
We're all queens and superheroes because we protest!
Omg daddy Tony Stark would be so proud of me
UwU

Still not going to buy it.

*Breathes in*
KOHOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT

Attached: koholiiiiint.png (1003x571, 746K)

They really need to remake Mother 3 in a style like this

How come Nintendo is the only one that keeps doing upgrades with each subsequent actual gameplay footage shown for their games while everybody else just does severe downgrades?

At least they added the dungeon editor so there's some bonus content

>mother 3
Nah. Too serious for that.

Earthbound, however, would look very good in it.

Why is there so much damn blur at the top and bottom of the screen? It's very distracting

Agreed, Earthbound would look great in this style considering the characters already look like this.Not sure how Gigyas would look like .though

>Link’s Awakening is getting it’s soul back
>Luigi’s Mansion 3 got a soulful upgrade
>Mario Maker 2 will update with playing online with friends

Meanwhile Gamefreak shits the bed

Tilt-Shift

Attached: DGNREMYXoAA-_g9.jpg (745x419, 57K)

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE

I know right?!

Attached: ja.gif (640x640, 2.63M)

It's a technique that makes objects look like miniatures
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCdMGfducg

Okay, I sort of get the stylistic purpose, but doesn't it look terrible in a video game? Being able to see the whole game clearly is really important. Also making everything look like a miniature takes you out of the world.

Shut the fuck up coward? you idiots only cry because nintendo is the only company that dares to revolutionize in the art style department.

unironically what did he mean by this

I think it works in LA because you're only ever seeing the game in a top-down square view like the original, so you can have it on the borders without it being too distracting. Also I think it adds to the dreamlike quality

alright, I can see you don't want to consider anything negative about Nintendo

I mean I guess it's okay but I can't in good conscience play this game. It's too fucking baby looking. At least Wind Wake had style to it. This just looks like it's a cheap pc game for kids where they fish but also learn basic mathematics in the process.

A Link between Worlds already looked like shit when it came out. This will age much better.

The irony is that you seriously need to grow the fuck up if you’re that bothered with a game’s art style damaging your fragile “maturity.”

Do you think you're not allowed to play a game unless it looks "mature?" The sooner you stop caring what people think the sooner you can start enjoying games again.

But dream's are not just other-worldly, but visceral. Especially in Link's Awakening where it is not initially obvious that you are in a dream because the world seems so big and real.

The more I think about it, the less I like this toyetic style they're using. It distances the player from the game world too much. It would work for something more casual, like a party game, but not for a Zelda adventure.

If you're already playing Nintendo games, why draw the line here?

>would work for something more casual
>not for a Zelda adventure
I have really bad news, user...

It works because they're trying to recreate the chibi sprites of the gameboy game.
Personally I would have liked to see it a little more like ALBW with a water color style but I can see why they went in this direction.

Yeah, I think the toy style is something that would be neat if used in a dream sequence in another game for example, but using it as the overall art style for a game that takes place in a dream (if the toy-dream angle was intentional) is a little much. It would line them up for an interesting reveal if they changed art styles when the dream is broken, but I don't know if it's worth that payoff. Plus everyone knows how LA ends anyway.

Attached: SOUL RESTORED.png (717x101, 151K)

alternatively, there's this

Attached: SOUL RETRIEVED.png (717x101, 150K)

Thank you

I mean more casual in a "it's just a fun game that isn't trying to tell a story or reach you on any emotional level". I'm well aware that Zelda is usually easy. But even though there is plenty in LA that is whimsical and silly, it's still meant to be a grand adventure that is affecting at times.

>terakJK
The like/dislike ration on the God of Onions video always makes me smile at the seething snoyniggers.

May the true God of War soul rest in peace. You were too manly for this gay console generation.

Reskins are inherently soulless, doesn't matter what the aesthetic is.

Have you played it?

I can't believe that remake costs 60$.. and that people are okay with paying that for it.

>t. gamefreak apologist
halve dex

I wanted a proper GBC link model or they should let the Cadence of Hyrule team remake it

>custom
Good, Nintendo will allow Funko shit to happen.

When do we get a Link to the Past remake in the style of A Link Between Worlds?

Attached: xdKKmRUK3aAprotKKcjrqf3AX61XxXpu.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

You really crying about some stupid blurring, what are you a glasses faggot?

Seems kinda redundant. Although ALBW is technically a sequel, it reuses Alltp's overworld.

Attached: HIRE.jpg (483x495, 24K)

The reason why links awakening looks like this is to make it feel like toys. It's an interesting design choice because the game is a dream, so it makes it feel less real.

ALBW is essentially a remakequel.
LttP doesn't need a remake, it's fine as-is. Neither does LA, which is why you shouldn't buy this crap.

>Why yes, I do think the top looks superior in every way.

Attached: 1560287627291[1].jpg (1357x960, 103K)

Yes, I rented the game for a weekend, and god damn, I was bored.

Every mainline GoW always started with a bang, something that sold you the game on the first 10 minutes. Even if you touched those games for just 15 minutes, your description of it would be "it was the most epic shit I have seen", 1 with the hydras, 2 with the statue boss fight, and 3 with the Olimpus sequence, and the same thing can be said about most of the spin offs. The new one tough? The first minutes of it are fucking boring. Enraging even, to see the Kratos that represented your wish of just destroying things when playing a game transformed into a cuck that needs to be bitchslaped 14 times in the face to react. Only with the beggining you could already tell how much the soul was lost. I didn't even complete the game, as I am displeased by that type of combat.

nu-God of War is cancer. And so are the TLoU fans who pretend to have liked the classic ones and shill for that shit.

Hear that everybody? Buy it to annoy this guy.

Attached: ALBW_Artwork.jpg (3036x4293, 2.11M)

No one mentioned Pokemon you retard

Yes the game should immediately spoil its twist, great design choice.

>the opening is slow
That's the point. It's a deliberate contrast to the openings of the previous games.
All you're telling me is that you're a pleb who gave up after half an hour.

I am not asking for the game to look like it wouldn't even run on consoles, just for it to not look like I am seeing toys in my screen.

Look at that shit, he doesn't even look able to show emotions, it looks like a fucking toy.

Yeah let's all eat shit, take THAT anonymous guy on the internet!

Look, it's already working!

Attached: 1560758618758.png (817x836, 885K)

Imagine for a second you don't know the twist. No first time player is going to do a leap of logic like that just because of an art style

fuck no

Yeah, why the fuck wouldn't they just make it be a more natural-looking mass of plants?

>LA didn't need a remake
>come across a rock or pot
>have to pause, swap the item you were using with the power bracelet, unpause, move the object, then pause and re-equip the item you had if you want it back
>the rocks and pots respawn as soon as you leave so you have to do this every time
>same thing with the roc's feather, pegasus boots, etc
>have to wait for the screen to move every map transition
The remake is automatically better for having the power bracelet and pegasus boots as passives and the sword and shield always equipped to remove the tedious inventory management shit, and having the map loaded in all at once.

This
Shit makes me feel like I have tunnel vision

you all this will be dumbed down and shallower than the original while also being censored to hell

why buy it

I won't discuss this game with you, you shills would stay here for hours shifting goalposts to defend that shit. My point is that the game is boring, it failed to grab my attention, and I didn't bother to finish it because of it and I didn't care because I didn't bought it so I wasn't obliged to.

>pleb
Nobody that plays God of War, or The Last of War, have any merit to call anyone a pleb. The difference is that the classic ones were at least fun and enjoyable, instead of a shitty flick for people who didn't have father presence in his youth. This game could be even good it isn't and I would still be mad, because they took something that made sucess on itself for being violent and entertaining, and made it into masturbation material for pseudo-intellectuals, corrupting what it once was, instead of making something from the ground up for the scum.

Attached: twitter filename.webm (1080x1824, 2.19M)

Because it's not a fucking gameboy game. This game desperately needed a remake for the visuals alone.

>censored
You fucking what? What can you even censor about this game?

He's just saying he doesn't like it you defensive faggot. And he's right, the blur looks like shit. The art style is fine but the blur and lighting make the game look worse than it should

It's a deliberate contrast to a fucking QTE Action game, who the actual fuck wanted it to go in this direction? Thank the fucking heavens GoW3 was perfect in comparison to this shit or it might have made a lot more people actually mad

>censored to hell
They already covered up the naked hippo and changed the "topless mermaid" quest 26 years ago so I don't know why the hell you're complaining now.

The original game had innuendos and girls in bikinis. Nintendo decided this was too much for white people.
romhacking.net/hacks/612/

>only new games have shitty sections
Old GoW had the bladed spinning pillar, nu GoW has boar carrying. Different decade, same old shit.

It is impressive that you have this saved.

>bladed spinning pillar
>faggot couldn't get good and needs a walking simulation to cool his ass hurt
You can't make this shit up

Attached: 1492535675657.png (550x550, 109K)

>goomba coomba

Attached: 1386231746674.jpg (663x511, 56K)

>soul vs soulless vs soul
a copy will never have enough soul to a handmade original like in left.

Attached: LegendOfZelda-OracleOfHours-Falsia(Day).png (2752x2080, 419K)

Calm down, sweetheart. I'm not triggered like you obviously are.
I'm a 30 year old boomer. I stopped caring what people thought of me a long time ago. I just genuinely dont like the art style because it looks too kiddish. Botw and odyssey looked much better from an art style pov. Mario didnt look like he was made of clay and link didnt have funko pop eyes.

It's funny how the nintendo defense force comes out if you just make a subjective criticism. I enjoy nintendo games but God forbid I dont like the art style in one...one...game. Nintendo fans really are some of the worst neckbeards of any fanbase.

>handmade original like in left.
I'm 99% that was a model port from one of the Mario games

Attached: LegendOfZelda-OracleOfHours-Falsia(Night).png (2752x2080, 417K)

I would want it to look more like clay than plastic, though.

Attached: heroes.gif (385x223, 38K)

Attached: LegendOfZelda-OracleOfHours-Falsia-AnimalCompanionRegions.png (672x1056, 34K)

LA is one of the few zelda games I actually really love and this shit is a day one buy. I'll never understand the people whining about the art style, I have to assume it's just people with the same mindset as those that bitched about Wind Waker back in the day.

Links awakening is made by grezzo not Nintendo, it can't have art as good as Odyssey or botw. This was a good decision when you realize that. I dont know why everyone thinks Nintendo makes all the games with their IPs. I would say about 60% of first party Nintendo games aren't made by them.

No ones stopping you from playing DX, nothing is stopping you from ignoring this game entirely unless the ideas of making dungeons is really that appealing.
Dungeons don't have that blur by the way, so maybe you should buy it to appease your autism AND play some custom dungeons

What? I'm a boomer and I love it. I didn't hate BotW but I am beyond anxious to have a "proper" Zelda on the Switch and LA being remade is just about the best way to guarantee it all goes well. And it looks like it is.

Imagine old GoW starting with blade spinning pillar
Except now you just hold stick to one direction without having any challenge

>Links awakening is made by grezzo not Nintendo, it can't have art as good as Odyssey or botw.
I wouldn't say that, both OoT3D and MM3D had really detailed environments that look good even in HD.
It's just Aonuma wanted the game to look toy-like as a stylistic choice.

Attached: OoT3D Emulated.jpg (4000x5333, 3.9M)

I dunno, the way it is hits me square in the middle of my nostalgia. Amusingly this game taught me the meaning of "nostalgia" because I looked it up after the ghost used it in its sidequest.

I would prefer Mother 1 gets the remake treatment, it needs it much more than the other 2.

The entire trilogy
With what happened to trials of mana its not that farfetched

Promotional material
It wont have that ingame

Graal online classic

Fucking time travelling SJWs

I genuinely don't mind the artstyle, I'm just miffed that they didn't fully adapt the DX photos. I feel like it would've been better suited for a new game than a remake

Attached: Photograph01a.png (480x432, 10K)

>tfw EU LA was uncensored but for LA DX we got the American version

While I agree with you on the rock messages, I really never had an issue with the inventory management. It's not like it's a fast-paced action game where you're constantly needing to swap out items. The game was paced with that inventory management in mind.

There was some fucky bits about the menu though like always having to select a song when selecting the ocarina.

He only complains about the finest hand crafted vintage video games.

Bottom is better for the feel and gameplay of links awakening
Top is better for the feel and gameplay of ocarina of time/majoras mask
If everygame looked the same without it fitting the rest of the games world it would be terrible
Imagine mario with call of duty graphics,it would suck
Imagine call of duty with mario graphics,it would suck
None of you guys understand that artstyles are good depending on how they fit a game.

this makes me wonder what things like wart and anti kirby will look like

The word your looking for is foreshadowing

ITS A KIDS GAME OF COURSE IS CENSORED

i thought it would suck ass but watching gameplay with it didn't look too bad

>Imagine call of duty with mario graphics,it would suck
Actually I'd be willing to give it a shot.

The word I'm looking for is faggot 'cause nothing else really fits your description better

:)

TF2?

You literally get told of the twist in the first 10 minutes

It's funny because both have the exact same shitty stock bloomy UE lighting, but ___ ____ ____ ________ ____ __.

I like the haze affect around the edges, its as if the game takes place in a dream or something

but sea bears foam sleep bears dreams?

Then why refer to it as a twist

I'm really hoping Kirby looks like Dreamland Kirby

Attached: KDL_Boxart.jpg (640x640, 75K)

To be fair they'd probably get a bigger budget for OoT than LA

eat shit you cucks
I like my games in their original state, not censored for americans.

Attached: 1560716921716.jpg (800x907, 162K)

The "censorship" makes no difference.

Unless you jerk it to pixelated hippos.

>#E38D1C
lying bitch

>looking like an UE asset flip
Feels like you do the "Nintendo hire this man" too much with stuff like Mario in that grassy field or Pokemon shopped in BOTW screenshots, people start to latch onto it for the wrong reasons like that clown shit going around.
The tilt shift diorama aesthetic is a great way at replicating the intimate, enclosed feel of a Game Boy screen on the Switch.

26 years late to the party, and blaming the wrong crowd, at this point just fucking end it all.

Some people are simply against censorship in principle. It has nothing to do with wanting to jerk off.

jpg compression probably changed the color, it was originally png