About Daggerfall dungeons

About Daggerfall dungeons.

Attached: Dagger Dungeons 2.jpg (1876x2152, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/live-builds/
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168
youtube.com/watch?v=PznHexNQlYg&list=PLe4GPzW9S9fMuiTijElp5adpU4dYqwVP0&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=9D9XMCKmSGY&list=PLe4GPzW9S9fMuiTijElp5adpU4dYqwVP0&index=15
desuarchive.org/vr/thread/2142320/#2160140
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
youtube.com/watch?v=O2uYM2ykS1I
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZGFBZOffcY
youtube.com/watch?v=xDkO7Y_eIvQ
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYtcIFEuCo_sWbJnFwNwOToqQ2eitmi3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1560987253956.jpg (1750x1306, 397K)

Is Daggerfall Unity ready yet?
I've never played Daggerfall, but I would be interested in playing that.

source

It´s 0.7 but you can already play it. I think it would be complete in few months.

Attached: 16.jpg (1920x1200, 309K)

Great, thanks!
I'll probably just wait until it's done if that's the case. I have a huge backlog as it is

Attached: Immersive-Movement-Daggerfall-Unity-_-VR-Daggerfall_-Some-early-tests.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

Attached: walking orc.gif (493x511, 1.13M)

But they're just full of nothing right? I mean it's the very first game in the entry it can't be all that.

Do you know what texture pack that is?

>first game in the entry
>in the entry
>first game

You're a mess.

What’s the point of those rooms that have no connection to anything else in the dungeon?

-Enemies
-various types of traps
-underwater levels
-Side quest

Daggerfall´s dungeons have more content than Skyrim desu.

Attached: 19.jpg (1920x1200, 177K)

Those textures are really sexy.

Read the text.

Daggerfall would have been such a good game...if it had decent combat (even Morrowind tier) and less copy and paste shit (even Oblivion tier).

Make me you commie

>torches and light sources in abandoned mines and dungeons
always bugs me
should just be pitch black and the player reliant on their own light sources

the whole port to unity is opening it up to modding
some really cool stuff could come out of that in a few years

Yes, it´s "King of Worms overhaul mod" you can download here in the forum.

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 01.14.50.54.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

looks way better than the other 3D models I've seen of NPCs for Daggerfall

Attached: r2iXgWF.png (1241x814, 170K)

That doesn't look interesting, challenging or fun. It's just a very poorly designed procedural algorithm. There are vastly better ones available for free in modern roguelikes.

looks breddy gud, it amazes me how shitty Bethesda devs actually are when amateurs consistently out perform them with limited tools and no budget.

Attached: 1560823648224.jpg (640x869, 223K)

I mean theres monsters, treasure, bodies in various forms of decomposition, traps...what do you want?
Daggerfall dungeons aren't fun rides with a convenient exit at the end, they're horrible holes in the ground where adventurers go to die
You don't try to 100% them, you do what you came there for and get the fuck back out as fast as possible

Attached: 3dtrees2.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Honestly don't even bother with daggerfall. I played it back in the day and I played the unity version that is released so far, it's boring as hell. Not even a functional working game. Now if they mod the fuck out of it in say like 5 years from now, maybe it will be passible.

An image can't convey what playing daggerfall feels like. The music and ambience makes it surprisinlyy immersive and __fun__

youtube.com/watch?v=PznHexNQlYg&list=PLe4GPzW9S9fMuiTijElp5adpU4dYqwVP0&index=5

youtube.com/watch?v=9D9XMCKmSGY&list=PLe4GPzW9S9fMuiTijElp5adpU4dYqwVP0&index=15

Wow maybe it fucking would have that if Bethesda's serial incompetence didn't chase away the one guy who wasn't a retard and they continued iterating on Arena/Daggerfall instead of degenerating the series into theme park YOU THE HERO garbage that culminated in Skyrim and whatever abomination TES6 will be

never seen this box art before, very cool

We're talking about a game from 1996 being remade 23 years later. In most cases you'd be right, but come on.

There will likely be a mod for that like there are for the other TES games
That being said these dungeons are crawling with intelligent monsters and ordinary human adventurers

if you want giant infinite dungeons just play minecraft.

>The music and ambience makes it surprisinlyy immersive
>posts the most generic sounding fantasy score ever

TES has never been good

The old ones are shit because they're procedurally generated copypaste shit

The new ones are shit because they're linear, shallow shit

>minecraft
>infinite dungeons
Why not recommend fuckin nethack or something

How is the combat different to morrowind? They're both dice rolls.

The game is free my man. If you can get out of Privateer's Hold, just try it for a bit and you'll see for yourself

Attached: 1425614033384.png (1600x1000, 110K)

Comfy

Attached: Comfy Daggerfall.jpg (3188x1722, 513K)

So how long will it take until I can get fucked by a wereboar in Daggerfall? I expect great things from the modding community.

Attached: 1547267705337.gif (540x540, 558K)

>Minecraft "dungeons"
Yeah nah

Attached: shit.png (532x536, 111K)

nice quads

lol it's been run through a deepdream filter, user

Karl Stop!

Attached: Karl-Danny-protagonistas-ficcion-Netflix_1252384765_170496_1440x600.jpg (1440x600, 99K)

Cheers. How is the modding scene so far?

They have operable levers for elevators, false doors, multi-layer rooms that can be accessed using your climbing skill. Not sure if there are traps though.

Attached: Daggerfall to Skyrim Comparison.jpg (621x929, 134K)

Honestly Bethesda games were always horribly jank as shit, but it's surprising to see how they went from innovative if wonkydick to uninspired over the years. Arena and especially Daggerfall pulled off some real crazy shit, and their Terminator shooters were pulling off fully polygonal environments with building interiors, vehicles, multiple floors without load screens and shit a year before Quake.

Should add a fifth column and extrapolate TES6 so we can check back after its released and see how close we were

Wait a fucking second. Daggerfall Unity has VR support? Sold.

There was a furfag experimenting with it like half a year ago but haven't seen any progress since
But since it's Unity it should be relatively easy to add

Attached: TES Dungeons 3.jpg (1064x3386, 648K)

It's not totally accurate, someone mentioned that the numbers for people in largest city is off and I'm not sure how joinable factions was decided because the UESP wiki states that there are 39 factions for Daggerfall so maybe temple orders weren't included or something?

You forgot the gate on TES6's dungeon that requires premium currency to open

Better to be laughed at by nymphs than struck dead in a split second by an ancient lich.

So that's a RPG on the same level that does these things today then?

desuarchive.org/vr/thread/2142320/#2160140

Attached: Daggerfall Night.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

mod makers have no time constraints or publisher pressure

>that nipple pixel
hnnnnnnnnnnngggg

nah i'm just talking in general with some of these mods, Bethesda is shit but not because they had the constraints of the time. why aren't half these mod ideas in their games? because they're shit. they already steal mod ideas, why not steal some decent ones?

VENGEANCE

they also don't have a budget, or an office. the problem is the developers, programmers literally talk shit about beths programming constantly

it's mostly finished, you'd have to be a diehard DF fan to know what is missing at this point.

>Watch the sky.

Attached: Jumping increase.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

Fuck this thread is really makin me want to play Daggerfall one last time. I've put in at least 60hrs but never actually finished it

ah yes, back when cities were actually cities and not just small towns

is there a mod that gives them different layouts than squares?

>programmers literally talk shit about beths programming constantly
Programmers talk shit about everyone's programming. I've seen people spend years shit talking Microsoft's "technical incompetence" only to go on to work for Microsoft and produce the exact same "technical incompetence" themselves. This aspect of programmers is why the open source community is such a clusterfuck. There is so much infighting and epeen bullshit.

Attached: daggerfall1.jpg (800x500, 84K)

So outside of getting fucked by monsters, what sort of mods do you guys want to see?
I remember seeing one guy coming up with a mod to procedurally generate physical roads linking all the cities or something, it looked pretty cool.

Attached: 12899358359389.gif (240x244, 74K)

quality > quantity
daggerfall is one of the emptiest worlds ive experienced in vidya

pleb

Will this look better with RTX real-time ray tracing?

A roads mod would be cool.
A mod to change how cities are laid out, to make them all a little more unique
I dunno what else, to be honest

I wonder how this game would look with ray tracing.

I don't know if thats where you're coming from, but on ground level you'll never realise all towns are squares.
Smaller villages don't have walls and are arranged more "organically" though

pleb is thinking that this copy pasted thousands of times is immersive

Attached: 38488865-1487625933.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

How is Daggerfall?

Reality is full of vast empty spaces, it's quite immersive
It's not for wandering around every square inch looking for the obligatory Unique Content™, it's about feeling like you're in a fucking huge world and not a themepark tailored around you the big fucking hero

It's more like a roleplaying sim than some swashbuckling action-packed bethesda RPG. If you want to get dropped into a cold harsh world where nobody particularly cares if you die, it's great.

Attached: jump in Sentinel.webm (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Is there a place to get dagerfall for free? I've always wanted to try it out.

God why isn't skyrim this size, what happened Todd??

Dude, have you ever been outside in your entire life? What do you think a flat forest land is like?

Bethesda has a download on there website and one of the wikis has an installer with patches for download

Arena and Daggerfall are free off Bethesda’s website

I'd recommend getting the unofficial patch. Much more stable

Here is TES II Daggerfall original version. With the final patch.

And here is Daggerfall Unity. pre-alpha 0.7 version. You can find overhaul and many mods in the forum.

I recommend to try the original first.

Attached: Daggerfallgameplay.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Oh nice

I might give it a try

if you think that screenshot looks anything like real life you're just flat out kidding yourself. dont know how many layers of nostalgia goggles you have on. most of the world isnt even meant to be explored by walking it you just do some bullshit on your map

user it isn't just shit talking, it's literally shit like "the program I used has a setting to fix this on its own how the fuck was this allowed to ship?" or "did they have an untrained intern do this?" the point is bethesda is next level bad/lazy/incompetent

Attached: 1377479160048.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

TES died for people like this

morrowind and oblivion are better games, sorry the truth hurts

Daggerfall is procedurally generated by enormous amounts of literally copy and paste. Skyrim is not and if it had been you people would be whining about all the copy and paste.

I enjoy them
I'll probably enjoy TES6 in some macabre way, hope you can do the same because you definitely aren't getting anything like Morrowind

Imagine procedural generated world with 2019/2020 technology.

Isn´t what Todd want to do with Starfield?

I'm just waiting for the games to be procedural but generated by a powerful AI. We're pretty close to this reality, we can fake speech that sounds realistic, fake dialog that responds realistically, build unique models with AI.

i've done a fair share of beth modding, there's one guy who writes maxscript and probably was the lead on writing their vm. He knows what he's doing, I can vouch for that, as for the rest of those guys, I'm not sure what's going on there. I suspect it's just an episode of Todd and Friends™ and they can't admit they're way behind technically of most studios because there's no incentive to push themselves. Just look at Emil. He STILL has a fucking job.

>Imagine procedural generated world with 2019/2020 technology.
I hate to say it but right now vanilla Daggerfall is a better game than NMS

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x900, 246K)

>actually invoking uv "fixes" as programmers with expert opinions
Do you know what that mod actually does? It just introduces texture tiling. That's not fixing anything. It's as retarded as those people that batch execute increasing texture size and applying a sharpen filter and then claiming they produced "HD" textures. The closest you ever get to someone knowing what the fuck they are talking about talking shit about Bethesda is the ENB dev saying a lot of the rendering shit takes shortcuts that results in less than ideal outcomes but conceding that's probably because they were optimizing for underpowered consoles.

their games make so much money because of fanboy bullshit

god i hope so, i am desperate for another shitshow from Bethesda. watching them crash and burn (finally) with 76 was glorious.

Imagine the AI generated waifus
Just imagine

Attached: 1263286322044.gif (200x150, 1.44M)

have sex

a chinese port house did the SE version for next gen, its shaders and lighting look better than fallout 4s for a reason todd.

This thread just makes me realize how much I hated Oblivion for little reason. That game still had lots of RPG elements and charm

Don't pretend the people behind NMS really have the technical skills to actually implement procedural game play that makes sense. It would have to be a AAA game with a huge budget, probably why it's not happening right now is because the tech is a 5-10 years out

Starfield

Attached: 1559677558928.png (1000x1109, 1.95M)

>watching them crash and burn (finally)
Highly doubt it, even after the failure of 76 and their E3 showing they knew exactly what they were doing with it.

The physics were pretty fresh and new back then, I remember playing with the chains in the starting prison way longer than I should have
God that fucking character creator though, probably the worst thing I have ever seen

Attached: 1186539786949.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

>they knew exactly what they were doing with it.
don't stop there, I'm all ears, what are they doing with it?

more to do with making a boring open world games cheaper and makes the right amount of money

It was ambitious but holy shit those are the worst fucking faces in any video game ever

>Imagine procedural generated world with 2019/2020 technology.
youtube.com/watch?v=O2uYM2ykS1I
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZGFBZOffcY
We don't have to imagine it. But once you get over the "Wow! It's so big!" factor you realize it's all just a big load of nothing and doesn't really make for compelling gameplay. Bethesda made the right decision when they dropped that shit with Morrowind. It's an infinitely more interesting world to explore than either Daggerfall or Arena despite being a fraction of the size.

I mean, we can theorize about procgen being used for gaming in GOOD ways all we like but nobody has really done it or even come close outside of DF, a lot of which is...superfluous to gaming to put it lightly.
Procgen keeps being used as a crutch to replace actual handcrafted content instead of augmenting it or being the basis for actual compelling stuff. I can't see how it could be more expensive than traditional game dev considering how much you can get out of a system once you get it set up.
Nobody is really interested in embracing it fully except for people who probably couldn't make a good game period.

How it was literally just a rust clone with a Fallout skin with twice the bugs. And the purchasable atoms shit. all that junk about it.

Can anyone recommend an informative (dude is already an expert at the game) Let's Play of Daggerfall?

Attached: 1323544133176.jpg (358x330, 26K)

Any pics of the unity version of Dibura's temple yet? Wanna know if they high res'd the nips

I would probably play daggerfall forever if only the side dungeons weren't so big. Is there a mod that trims them down?

>DF
I should mention I'm talking about Dwarf Fortress here, not Daggerfall.
I mean Daggerfall I think really showed a glimpse at what procgen could do but it predates most modern game design both good and bad and is too barebones for a sim. Of course given the circumstances and the time it came out, it's amazing.

>its shaders and lighting look better than fallout 4s for a reason
They literally just ported Fallout 4's lighting engine to Skyrim.

Well the real golden grail would be to have a system of entities that all interact to make the world and then events span out from that. A game like mount and blade could gain a lot from having AIs setup like that, and not just "AIs" that are in games now but real ones that learn from what's happening in the world and will react to what you and other AIs do. With the tech that's being made for recreating speech you could have a voiced game without any voice actors and you couldn't tell, even better when they start creating unique dialogue just by themselves.

She is cute.
youtube.com/watch?v=xDkO7Y_eIvQ

wrong! we know this because fallout 4s lighting and shadows brake constantly and even if that is true the fact that some chinks can get it more stable than beth themselves really says a lot my guy

SMIM doesn't create tiling retard

>467196294
>he doesn't know what A UV map is

Good idea, I'm going to email Taleworlds and urge them to look into procgen for Bannerlord.

>Taleworlds agree
>adds on 20 years of devtime
Yea Forums would explode

Constantinople must be reclaimed by any means

Might be worth something when they get that VR patch out.

Build a base and drive vehicles around in VR and leap through space.

this is a decent one youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYtcIFEuCo_sWbJnFwNwOToqQ2eitmi3

Attached: 1556692282252.webm (640x480, 336K)

metal

Fuck off, you flaming faggot. I studied this shit in university. I tried that mod. Saw what it did. Uninstalled it. I'll take blurry because low resolution but properly fit textures over "just tile it! it looks less blurry that way! LOL!" any day.

Is this new project something with a modern camera or is it still DOS-y?

hahaha holy fuck, sure you fucking idiot, what's a UV map then?

it's NOT tiled its literally just re angled onto the 3d model

At the very least it looks like it's becoming a robust foundation for modding and its still being actively developed for a while
If it can soak up a fraction of disenchanted Skyrim modders it doesn't matter how inept Hello Games is at making meaningful gameplay mechanics and the game will have a long tail indeed
But yes VR makes everything better

It plays basically the same as later Bethesda games aside from no third person (for now)
They even added some more modern QOL stuff to it iirc though you can still play in purist mode too

Thank you for shilling Daggerfall. Its nice to have a break.

Best RPG

Attached: 1513178624215.jpg (726x604, 104K)

Please respond
Is that a no?

Fucking roads mod when ?

Attached: 1534178249869.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

>I studied this shit in university.

Attached: yretery sdiwids.png (607x743, 406K)

Daggerfall dungeons made me feel like a Minotaur. No actual monsters were any real threat to me, the only challenge was finding where the fuck do I go. Multiplying how big the dungeons are sounds like a horrible idea.

>You're paralyzed

Does anyone have that clip, I think it was from a Keighley's GotY show, where a Fallout 4 dev admitted that the source code still had references to silt striders and bull netches in it?

Either you really put in a lot of work autothrowing fireballs at the wall or you didn't go deep enough

a UV map is how a texture is aligned to the surface(s), and if you'd take 5 seconds to look at the texture on display in the image it would be quite clear that no, it does not tile. if you went to university for this, then i'm going to assume you flunked out or your instructor gave absolutely no fucks to the complete lack of effort you put into both your schoolwork and your life

To be honest I think Oblivion had the best balance between map design and complexity

>Daggerfall's map looks cool, but like a complete nightmare to navigate
>Morrowinds is a lot better, but still has a lot of convoluted corridors/routes/twists that make the place a bit maze-like.
>Oblivion's is a somewhat linear path, with several optional corridors and rooms.
>Skyrim is a fucking joke
>TES6 will birth new memes upon release

I enjoy exploring, but I want to explore an interesting location with a thought out design, not endlessly backtracking a shithole maze once I've already killed everything because I can't tell which corridors overlap each other on different levels and which ones actually connect.

Oblivion's design makes it feel like a place people would actually design/build/live in rather than the convoluted mazes of the older entries and the "HERE COMES THE ADVENTURER!!" Parade Trails of the newer entries.

That's why I'm not against objective markers in games, having a literal glowing adventure trail is crossing the lines, but just having a rough marker of where I should be headed is nice so I don't have to waste time exploring every nook and cranny of a dungeon (unless I want to) especially if the game doesn't have the best map design or even art design if every part of the dungeon looks exactly the same.

>Add a toggle for the markers
Boom, now everyone's happy
Except you, probably

>it's NOT tiled
Look at the post in the background. The tiling is obvious. It's sticks out like a sore thumb. That is what the vast majority of the UV "fixes" are. Just remap it so the tiling is more aggressive.

Attached: 992-0-1480240743.gif (670x376, 142K)

I just let them sex me up and then leave before I pass out. Raises the nymph skill too to boot

i'm pretty sure you're now just posting images from a literal UV tiling mod considering i've seen those exact purple performance metric numbers in that mod's images, not SMIM

you can't even post a gif right holy shit

you're right

Attached: 1433164563841.jpg (1427x806, 335K)

Razorfist arcade streams of Daggerfall.

It's doing the same thing. I never said I had an issue with SMIM's better meshes, but their vanilla UV "fixes" are mostly just remapping for more texture tiling. I HATE obvious texture tiling and fuck anyone who claims that shit is fixing Bethesda's "incompetence". All it does is substitute one failing (low resolution textures) for another (obvious texture repetition) and only one of those is due to technical limitations.

Daggerfalls theme is so fucking powerful.

They were all boring and samey but Daggerfall's had the distinction of being miserable hellholes which might not be conventionally fun but suits the simulator nature of the game well and feels threatening unlike doing milk runs in any of the later games.
Of course more variety is always nice, I wish Daggerfall made more use of the wide open multistory areas outside of the handcrafted MQ dungeons

this is "texture tiling", you're talknig out of your ass

I guess It's a good thing there's not tiling in SMIM

You guys have either never used that mod or are just fucking blind if you didn't notice the texture tiling it introduces.

you literally used a different fucking mod to showcase what you think and even then you did a bad job

Can you attack the nymphs? Go full Columbine?

Ummm, or if you could actually use the mouse to look around? LOL! I can't believe the retards that actually defend this shit.

Attached: 35166318_179254216262552_6423307956934148096_n.jpg (1080x607, 720K)

I used a screenshot of a mod that does the exact same thing because the mod author for SMIM isn't stupid enough to showcase his texture tiling and call it fixing things on his mod page and I didn't make and keep a screenshot of the texture tiling for nearly a decade just in case this argument should come up. It never even occurred to me that someone would actually pretend SMIM doesn't introduce texture tiling. It does. It blatantly does. That's how it works. It doesn't just pull increased texture resolution out of it's ass.

>Tripfag redditor trying to fit in by being slightly edgy.
Pathetic

or maybe because it isn't there, and now you're trying to save face on an anonymous internet image board, you haven't actually shown a good example because i bet there isn't' one, even without the tiling the modders all have done a better job than them, the fact that the vanilla game even has such awful texture seems is a fucking joke.

>cherrypicking: the image
60% of morrowind;s dungeons are the same as the skyrim pic but half the length
why didn't you pick one of those, and the blackreach network for skyrim?

the real reason skyrims shit is so linear is because they had less than half the tilesets to work with than oblivion did, so getting lost as fuck is super easy and that local map is still fucking useless

wew
that fag got BTFO

Jesus christ you guys are autistic

it's the first dungeon you get sent to in every game
dumbass nigger

Forests with no visible large creatures are really boring, just like daggerfall forests which have even lower graphical fidelity and are just a bunch of copy pasted trees, and don't even have any animals or humans unless you treat for a while and get smacked by a bear or a thief.

what fucking website do you think you're on?

It's not introducing tiling, it's just setting the texture to the scale it was created to be at. Bethesda is just retarded and set the scale to be zoomed in to twice the size of what it should have been.

Good thing there are tons of themepark "RPG" games with forests literally teeming with easily killable apex predators in almost comical numbers you ADHD brainlet

>a system of entities that all interact to make the world and then events span out from that.
that's one reason STALKER is so great

I'm not. I can empathise and have a social life, I just happen to like the earlier ES games

Handcrafted > Procedural trash

People who like Daggerfall are autistic manbabies. The game is boring as fuck because you'll encounter most of the game within the first few hours. Trash mobs and mazes for the sake of not having good content inplace is not acceptable.

Enderal has the best dungeons.

not him, but my only real problem with daggerfall's dungeons is the map being completely horrible. if it had a really good map system, where you can make your own markers, and notes, it would be great. the 3d view is fucking donkey ass.

this dopey retard didn't even notice that those are PLANKS OF WOOD. now they just melt into each other and make no sense at all. good approach, terrible implementation. perfect for a bethesda game.

Backdrops are fucking amazing.

Why can't I hit for shit? And the movement is way too "floaty". I don't like moving the camera and there's momentum to it so it keeps moving for a moment. Really fucks me over in combat where I want to turn and get precise movements but instead I'm fucking turning 180 degrees.

>We're pretty close to this reality
LOL

I wondered if this UV fix would cause tiling. I bet if you look at two sides of the post you see the same details, vs. the original UV mapping where each side was unique but more stretched out

does anyone remember boilerplate's build?

BETHESDA HIRE THIS MAN

>ctrl+c
>ctrl+v
>ctrl+v
>ctrl+v
>ctrl+v
>ctrl+v
wow what a dungeon

Is this how skyrim dungeons are made?

It's how every Bethesda dungeon gets made, Fallout vaults are the fucking worst

You're retarded. Tiling isn't always bad and is used fucking everywhere, it's not noticeable at all sometimes, almost every 3d game has tiling.

>Daggerfall
>Number of people in largest city : 216

Excuse me ? There are like thousands of people in the largest city of Daggerfall (Daggerfall itself). 216 is, like, the number of buildings in a mid-sized city.

Attached: daggerfall.png (1920x1046, 2.95M)

To add to that, posts in skyrim go through the floor and ceiling, so seams are usually out of players' sight anyway.

huh

that's a seam error on a solid block of wood you fucking dolt

This texture discussion is completely retarded I wish it would stop
It's like a SNL skit, drawn out too long and wasn't funny to begin with

Honestly? Probably some obscure indie game. Triple-A games spend far too much focus on checking boxes, spending time, money and resources on making their games look great, be fully voiced with famous voice actors, along with a bunch of other unimportant garbage which the masses eat up. The most recent big release which had RPG elements anywhere close the quality of older games is Divinity Original Sin 2, hopefully their Baldur's Gate III turns out good.

You should stop playing it.

Attached: 1560965420318m.jpg (1024x640, 79K)

I unironically have better times playing on DOSBox. nuDaggerfall is just eye candy, everything else just feels "off".

Can someone give me tips on leveling up?
I recently beat Elder Scrolls: Arena, and I started Daggerfall after.
Had a hell of a time starting out trying to figure shit out. Easiest way to level up once you start out? And any other beginner tips would be good.

You know how I can tell you never played Daggerfall?

You can, you absolute fucking retard. Daggerfall is actually the first game to do this.

They're also rarely diversity hires and shitty pajeets who were only hired because they'll work for 2 rupees a year.

>procedural dungeons that aren't interesting in the slightest
>shit combat
>terrible quests
>extremely generic setting
>boring npcs
>generic music
>easily exploitable
>useless skills
Am I missing anything here?

doesn't change the fact that it's misleading and nonrepresentative

how the fuck is it misleading? the morrowind and the skyrim ones are both the first story dungeon you get sent to, to collect some retarded mcguffin.

>you'd have to be a diehard DF fan to know what is missing at this point.
Except that items like the skeleton's key aren't in and guards aren't responding to theft or breaking in houses.
They're doing a good job and are progressing fast so it's good, it should be soon ready. What's weird is that they're not focusing at all on their roadmap, at this rate, they'll finish 0.9 before 0.8.

Check the documentary.
Skyrim is also copy and paste. But by manual labor.

>Add a toggle for the markers
that doesn't work if the game isn't designed to be played without markers. That's why in Skyrim you need both a mod that remove markers and one that adds indications on where to go in the text of the quests.

Nice capital city

I'm pretty you can too in Arena.

Those trees are great though I imagine there's a lot of clipping.

wow cool randomly generated garbage
none of it counts as real content
no soul put into it

I wonder how many people got killed like that because they just wanted to see the capital. I surely did.

Imagine being a brainlet who thinks huge open spaces with nothing in them are immersive. I wonder if Skyrim would be more immersive according to you if it had massive patches of snow.

Imagine not knowing that you can skip it entirely if you aren't interested.