Astral chain thread

youtu.be/VcCjXASmUH0

Damn the game looks amazing

Attached: 1560285507350m.jpg (1024x576, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_middleware
youtube.com/watch?v=qRgolbpH6Qg
platinumgames.co.jp/dev-astral-chain/article/39
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HG2zCqN9bOEBhpFI2hIZ6g/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HzCWtPdpFETsyXnIaTo4Qg/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Disaster of the Wild*/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/BlunderEric/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ib4
>lmao ps2 grafics
>lmao weeb shit
>lmao switch
>lmao who cares

With the autism out of the way, lets have a nice thread

I am quite glad to see you can use the legion in different was and that actually they get more skills,
The game had me excited but after e3 I am hyped

>no r34
I thought nintendo games had at least one thing going for them, but where is it?

>pro-police game

Y I K E S

why the fuck does the uk always get the good pre-order bonuses

I think it looks good.

What do people even do with artbooks? I mean, sure you can look through them but do you just put them on your shelf and never look at them again? Do you display them? Same thing with steel books, like do you display those? What's the point of getting a steel book if you're just going to put it on the shelf where nobody can see it. I'd rather display them honestly.

fuck the popo nigga

August can't come soon enough

Attached: 1550531838862.webm (394x552, 872K)

This is looking to be my GOTY.

die

Steelbooks are designed to be displayed

Attached: 7a0gjhbt19j01.jpg (640x853, 107K)

How comes i don't see sexy fan art?

Most people I know put them on their shelf never to see the light of day. It's such a waste of money to get the steel book and not display it.

>dmc
>nier automata
>horizon
>the last of us
>persona 5
>>>>>>>>>>>>overwatch

end your miserable life already and burn that fucking wall, fucking shit taste and waste of money.

braap

Honestly it looks like a slightly better code vein with a neat idea that isn't really realized.

>Art style is basically the same overdesigned anime bullshit but technological rather than organic. The world itself seems giant, sterile, needlessly large and flat with lots of flat even lighting, even if the colors are different. Particle effects everywhere yet still looks boring.

>Gameplay looks like a more shallow version of tons of different character action games like DMC and MGR

>Stole Stands from Jojo without stealing the stuff that makes them fun or interesting; basically just a weapon, not even as in depth control wise as something like Chaos legion. And that game was pretty shit but at least it handled summoning by making them separate entities not just a combo thing.

>Anime story, and not even a good anime story, just bullshit generic nothing. Cut and paste JRPG standards with a different setting. And the setting isn't even well thought out.

100% meh.

They're the same price as the normal game some of the time though, at least for "Day 1 edition" things.
Persona 5 was like that.

I just want the FUCKING soundtrack
The video in op had some fire tunes.

Who's the composer?

I don't wnt to play as a fucking cop lmao

grow up

remember when special editions actually had cool things in them and they didn't cost like $40 more

When I have my own place I’ve thought of having all my art books in stack for random browsing / artistic inspiration

oh yeah game of the motherfucking decade right there

>being unironic criminal scum
Kys

So Co-op is really one controlling the cop and the other the Legion?
Is it gonna work despite the Legion running on a gauge?

How do we feel about this game, fellow Wonderful Ones?

Attached: 1473213446527.png (1996x1096, 870K)

I'm ready for chaos legion 2: police and incest edition

I know what you sick fucks are really interested in.

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-19 222120.jpg (727x539, 78K)

Might be able to hold me over until the eventual port/10

Lmao seeth more niggers

I don't think it'll be as perfect as W101, but it looks pretty fun.

That's just a bonus, not the selling point

I love this trailer. This reminds me of the videos they used to make back in the Wii U days, like for Xenoblade X and stuff.
God this game feels so Monolith Soft, really. That's a good thing.

I hope this gets ported to Switch, I loved this game and I would buy it again on Switch if they changed the 2-screens sections.

Attached: 1530674007144.gif (290x164, 2.97M)

Police dog stand looks pretty kino.

are they trying to win an award for most generic enemy design

I'M SO READY FOR THE MUSIC AND NINTENDO WONT GIVE ME A WAY TO PROPERLY LISTEN TO IT WHILE PLAYING
FFUCK YOUU NINTENDOOOOOOOO

Dunno.

>That clothesline counter you can do with your chain.
Fucking sick.

Game looks like shit honestly. Like typical Platinum middleware that scores a 7 but feels like a 6 because they just end up reusing Bayonetta 2 system once again for the 8th time.

Attached: 1560054568661.jpg (1000x1250, 75K)

You know there's more than just combat, right?

>artbook
Will be scanned and online within hours of release
>soundtrack
Will be on YouTube the same day

Collector's editions are absolutely pointless nowadays.

The xbc2 artbook took months to be scanned.

Right, shitty platinum writing with Rasta kids and awful side quests that just devolve into combat.

Good
After watching the actual dev play instead of the self insert fag game looks fucking boss.
I still fear I’ll be picking up more empty soda can than actually fight anything

Attached: 5C59382D-F009-44CE-BBF1-996E14751D15.jpg (540x313, 73K)

>Being scared of the police
What are you a nigger?

Attached: C4EE4A77-CAF1-4DB7-99C5-8509B6797662.png (433x325, 137K)

I don’t think you know what middleware means

Which one will be able to stop time?

Probably like a super easy mode where a competent legion can do 99% of the leg work

The "select legion" thing freezes time.

Mission structure has me hopeful. I'd rather fully explore a smaller area with interesting things than an open city.

>Platinum boss talking about innovation with cloud platform
>Meanwhile still the same game with shitty graphics on one platform only

Attached: e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43--funny-emoticons-ugly-faces.jpg (390x470, 43K)

It means 6/10 Platinum shit, shit that they make the majority of the time with some being awful like Korra.

Platinum lost all its talent a long time ago. Capcom is back, so why bother?

nip police are based though

Police kills a lot of niggers that's where you know they are the good guys

>Platinum knowing shit about new tech as they recycle shit since the release of Bayonetta 2

I really want to know how long it's going to be since it seems like there's going to be a lot more to the game than just a bunch of action set pieces placed together.

why do you keep saying bayonetta 2 instead of the first game

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_middleware

Before writing a word down, please look it up before using it.

The term has nothing to do with this

Because anons are still angry over "Bayonetta 2 betrayal".

Smaller companies like Platinum absolutely dread newer consoles.
Back in the N64 days you could make a game like Banjo Kazooie with 20 - 30 people
Then then the Gamecube generation doubled that number
Then HD development absolutely shot it into the triple digits and beyond.
Some games are getting into quadruple digits in the PS4 age. Can you imagine the team size required to finance a game on the PS5? Platinum just doesn't have that crazy amount of money. It's no wonder they're sticking with Nintendo's less powerful hardware.

Attached: 1551884768921.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

By innovation he means easy money.
Imagine never having to optimize any vidyas ever nor secure contracts for physical game prints all while still charging 60$
On paper this is Dolla dolla bills y’all
In practice he sounds like an out of touch cunt

First time I've ever seen super sentai moves look actually cool.

Bayonetta 2 made Witch Time basically the entire game and they use that for most games.

Nope, I had a Wii U and have a Shitch.

Sure, in my view it means "mediocre" by the "B-team" though it seems like platinum is only a B team nowadays.

See above

>all false

For fuck sake eric, go away already.

Don’t care virgin

Who? Are you autistic?

Good way of looking like a fanboy.

The only other game they've made that rehashed Witch Time into the core combat was Transformers. Admittedly, the only games they've made since then were TMNT (shit) and Automata (very weak action mechanics), but Transformers was still four fucking years ago. There's no Witch Time in Astral Chain, either.

Then why did you reply?
Better yet, why the personal attack? Are you that insecure?

Nier Auto do have but in form on equipment to have it.

>mid·dle·ware
>/ˈmidlˌwer/
>software that acts as a bridge between an operating system or database and applications, especially on a network.

Freedom Wars ripoff.

>What you hate polices, that mean that you're a black guy!!!
Where did this meme start?

>Needing quad digit employees for 1 damn game
Tell graphics fags to Fuck off them and just focus on gameplay
Pixel shit made by teams smaller an n64 team are raping big games like this

>Shitch
FUCK OFF ERIC
Go shit up a Botw thread like you always do

>Shitch
That was your first mistake Eric. Never reveal yourself until the very end.

It looks decidedly mediocre and slow. Just give me wonderful 102

Literally no one on the god forsaken site but you uses Shitch because it sounds as stupid as it’s spelled and not ironic stupid just retarded stupid.

you must not live in 'murrica

user, W101 was a massive flop, they can't justify a sequel.

For 500 Alex,

He’s a billionaires that’s whole career started with saying “Fuck the police”

Attached: FD7B4D36-6A2D-4CBF-84AF-6F13FFFC6F0C.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Fuck no, sequels are too lazy. The dev gameplay for the game looked good.

The fact that this game has such a quick announcement - release turnaround with almost 0 advertising makes it clear to me that it's just gonna be the typical Platinum Games middleware like Korra or Ninja Turtles.

it looks plastic as fuck and uses the same cheap cell shading as Turtles. It's also a shame that a very uniquely visual company like Platinum went with a fucking generic ass shonen anime artstyle. Very boring.

I'll be waiting for reviews, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Just give me Wonderful 101 sequel and port please

Attached: gross.jpg (294x313, 12K)

>Caring for reviews.
Make your own damn opinion, faggot.

I didn't know people needed to make an entire game just to make an application communicate with the OS.

Except there is, there is slo-mo dodge shit that ruins the pacing.

I will make my own opinions from what I gather from reviews and footage. I'm not risking my money on it

>using middleware as "mediocre" again and expecting people to think you're not the same person
>when the IP count didn't even go up

Attached: 1529514445501.jpg (603x506, 58K)

Ok, Platinum makes medioreware.

Shitch is a common term for it though. Who the fuck is eric?

Who??? Legit, I will mic with you both you you autists.

Shitch is a good name for a shit console. I mean I own it, I think it suits it.

Lol is the title covering her tiny ass?

The fuck are you on about, drone? The IP count DID go up

Stop replying to him you retards.

Attached: yare yare.png (739x707, 766K)

Was a different person fyi. Good that middleware is catching on, it makes sense to describe platinum as a shovelware company.

No reviews and only footage without commentary. If you heard a single word from someone else, you can't make your own opinion.

Says who

>Multi-quoting
Keep revealing yourself, Eric.

Silly BlunderEric, this isn't your hourly Xenoneptunia shill thread

What I can't reply to more retards at once?
You have some kind of special autism.

See above. I will gladly school all of you in a real conversation. Good to know Shitch triggers you manchildren so much.

It just looks ok. Like it's clearly from the Wonderful 101 B-team, but it doesn't have the Kamiya charm that 101 had.
I'm just not sure I'm feeling it this time. I've watched footage and it's just failing to draw me in

Attached: Captain Falcon.png (489x276, 224K)

Brief hitstop-esque slowmo in the middle of a dodge isn't witch time you stupid fucker

Astral Chain does have legit witch time, I already saw it.
That being said, the hitstop slow-mo garbage is awful and ruins the pacing like in most recent plat games.

Where? I hope you don't mean the slow motion when lining up a blade mode cut.

>new ip
>huge collector's edition with expansive artbook
Always seemed like a weird idea to do something like that to me.

Game looks interesting but I'm staying caustious, will wait to see more information before I decide on anything.

GOTY

Attached: detail_img_chara_lappy.png (449x872, 155K)

Oh god, its for every character? I thought it was specific. That's awful if its integrated into the mechanics.

They're dumping a ton of info on the game, shame it's all in jap.

Some of the unused legion concepts.

Attached: AC_Nakajo_04_j6sx9uim_re.png (800x1009, 650K)

Wait, does this run at 30 FPS? WHYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: AC_Nakajo_02_j6sx9uim.png (1103x900, 193K)

You only play as one character in this game

Attached: 1535714730256.png (346x297, 171K)

This looks like the worst part of DMCV, the V sections.
That would be awful if this entire game is like that.

We've seen most of these used already.

Where did you get that

Attached: AC_Nakajo_03_j6sx9uim.png (1214x927, 167K)

Ah, I supposed I mean the different "Chained" things.

A little disappointing they all turned out humanoid except for Beast Legion, especially considering how original the Ball & Chain Legion and the bottom two Legions are.

>Shitch doesn’t even make...
You know what you’re right.
Why can’t someone just plant CP on his computer the call the cops?
Why hasn’t someone swatted him yet?
You’d think someone would be like “You know what fuck this dude in particular”

this looks way better than tw101, I don't know what you spergs are talking about

Why would you think "blade mode cuts" is done by anything other than the sword legion. Nothing I said implied otherwise.

Honestly, that's hilarious that you guys get so buttblasted over a console opinion that you call to doxx someone (which is a bannable offense im pretty sure)

translate it weebs

would get if I had a switch.

They picked 5 out of a bunch of legion concepts and refined them. On there, beast, arm, and arrow are the only ones close to what we got and even they are changed a bit.

platinumgames.co.jp/dev-astral-chain/article/39
New blog post. English version will probably be posted later.

>same game
As what?
>shitty graphics
graphics have been on decreasing marginal returns since the PS2
>on one platform only
and hence we get to the heart of your complaint

Sword too

That's hard to do when the entire mainstream is graphics fags

Is this board 99 percent amerimutt or what? I'm /int/ tourist (i've been here for year tho), police is shit in my eastern euro shithole. And police in USA also seems to be pretty crazy, who the fuck are you defending. Not that i'm against playing as cyber police.

That says Hit instead of Sword, Sword looks different and doesn't have a shield. They might have split some ideas from Hit and Chibi into Sword and Axe.

Attached: Switch_ASTRALCHAIN_E3_artwork_14.jpg (1020x1000, 163K)

This
Seriously 300$ isn’t that much money I’ve brought 4 fucking switches now.
Granted 3 of them were gifts to others but that’s aside my point.
Learn to budget, stop drinking alcohol and buying overpriced shit.
I only make 2,100 a month and 700$ go directly to rent before I get to touch a cent

it's not Hit, but Hito, as in Human

Literally VNs are fucking mainstream now.
Everyone wants COD-GTA V-Fifa money instead of an decent sized niche that you keep happy while keep the budget from being unnecessarily retarded

>I’ve brought 4 fucking switches now.
Not everyone is a retard.
The issue is the Switch isnt for most people because the majority of better games are best played on other platforms, PC included. Spending money because its deemed "cheap" doesnt make it any less stupid to buy something.

I make more than double what you make a month, have cheaper rent, and STILL think I wouldn't have bought a Switch if it wasn't basically free after trading my Wii U. Also, piracy helps, but it doesnt make up for not having any games for over 7 months at a time.

Oh yeah. I love playing action games where every time I hit something it adds the "ZA-WURDO" effect. Fucking love constant hit stop.
Oh, and 30 fps? Jesus Christ, can I preorder twice??!?

Its confirmed 30 FPS? Why the fuck?
WIth the Switch performance, itll be dipping like crazy too.

>Oh, and 30 fps?
wait WHAT

Have to say. Really digging the Biomechanical look of these guys.

Still doesn't look like what we got.

Attached: screenshot-www.nintendo.co.jp-2019.06.19-23-51-03.jpg (2452x848, 621K)

>30 FPS
why would I buy this again?

Attached: disgustface.jpg (524x336, 29K)

I thought the Switch was a "60 FPS CONSOLE" according to the fanboys on this board?
Why do I keep hearing most of the games are 30 FPS and below?

>mfw platinum has such little faith in this game they won't even say a word about Bayo 3 because they KNOW it'll sabotage this trash

Will there be any alternate costumes?

Attached: 1548305195778.jpg (992x1587, 108K)

I'm not really seeing much combo potential. Enemies don't really get knocked back or react to hits.
It honestly still looks like a fucking RPG. Where's the action game part of this action game?

>30fps
LOOOOOL
fucking kusoge, like every single platinum game after MGR.

Attached: rez pls.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>not looking forward to both
Constantly trying to pit Astral Chain vs Bayonetta vs W101 vs DMC is dumb. You can play more than one series. If anything I'm looking forward to Astral Chain more because its new, while we already know what to expect from Bayonetta 3.

Wait is action games defined by combos?

Does it have any multiplayer or is this thing going to be another pirate?

looks awful I'll pass

>drops 4 trophy ranks
At least you cleared the level. Lol

Attached: Astral Chain - dev gameplay.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

>Die
>Game stops, shakes the screen, and pauses all action for 3 seconds to show you that you died
Love it. Absolutly fucking love it.

Attached: astral chain - chain combo.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

Actually, the shake is a effect of the des...whatever was called that machine that "revives the heart though electric shocks" build in the MC armor.

Its defined by responsive and free form action, yes.

>no W101 switch port so I can finally throw away my Wii U

Attached: 1558662504073.gif (498x206, 2.31M)

Attached: astral chain - combos 2.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

I havent seen a single enemy get staggered. This looks like a turn based game honestly

I’m getting this ASAP rocky

I thing he's talking about the lightning hitting the character. It's 3 seconds of hit stop before she falls.

Defibrillator user
This is basic medical terminology

>limited is out of stock on amazon in my country and I never make it in time when it becomes aviable again
fuck my life

And how is combos free form action?

Attached: Astral Chain.png (1200x675, 1.8M)

I knew the word but I completely forgot how write it down and the auto-complete didn't gave me clues.

>xenoblade x
>pikmin 3
>super mario 3d world
The only ones I got were Bayo 1/2 and Tropical Freeze, it's painful.

>soundtrack CD
why do Japs continue to do this?

Attached: download.jpg (780x440, 34K)

This. Collectors editions are always the same cheap shit nowadays. Every game that comes out has one as well. Not every game needs one. It’s easy money for them though to print a poster, art book or soundtrack. If you’re really lucky they will throw in a plastic keychain

I need TMS and Xenoblade and then it can fuck off.

>DMC babies getting mad because the enemies arent sandbags.

It depends on the attack used. Sync attacks have a ton of stagger. There's also skills you have to unlock like the launchers. Arrow legion can time stop enemies too.

Attached: Astral Chain - Sword Sync Attack.webm (896x504, 2.86M)

>the only special edition you want this year was for SRWT
>not available in the west
;-;

Attached: super-robot-taisen-t-premium-anime-song-sound-edition-581415.22.jpg (1500x1500, 358K)

>this faggot

Attached: Chu98OKUYAUnQag.jpg (320x245, 13K)

If they wanted those platforms they would buy those platforms
Why are you so concerned what other people do you Jewish mom faggot?

Attached: Astral Chain - Sword Sync Attack 2.webm (896x504, 2.88M)

>Sure, in my view it means "mediocre" by the "B-team" though it seems like platinum is only a B team nowadays.

Your view is flat-out wrong. It means something else entirely.

I kinda see the XB influence, poor Monolith Nintendo whoring you around so much you will never have a home to come back to.

Holy fucking Shit they have Harlock.

I used to think this was dumb but I have the Octopath traveler CD in my car for whenever I get sick of the radio.
Not bad

SLIME IS CUTE!

>What is play Asia
>What is learning Nip

>that one post with so many samefagging

lol

I hope they implement some of them, that shield thing looks great.

There is way too much slow motion and hit stop in this game. I hope they fix it.

This is definitely looking fun. Do we know what the control scheme is yet? I know you hold a button to move your Legion with the right stick.

Why is it linear and level based with the optional objectives, there's a load of bad design decisions in this game.

How is that bad?

wait what the fuck it is? I thought it was an open world/hub based

Its hub based. The Police station being the hub.

ZR is your main weapon attacks, ZL is most legion stuff. Tap ZL to summon the legion (consumes focus meter while its out), it auto-attacks when you are not directly using it for combos/skills. Hold ZL and use right stick to move legion around, tap ZL when the blue flashes appear for sync attacks, ZL + X/Y for legion skills. Not sure which button is main legion ability, maybe L or Y. Pretty sure B is dodge. X is items. Not sure which button is chain jump.

Attached: Astral Chain - Arm Legion launcher.webm (896x504, 2.9M)

should be open world or non linear, I shouldn't have to replay these optional objectives for scoring, it should be per activity, it works for a game like Bayonetta where optional objectives are just fights, but it isn't just fights.

I already own the normal edition, I would gladly pay extra for the special edition. I will not be fucking learning a new fucking language for it.

Why does that Ora Ora attack annoy me so much? It doesn't go with the long build up flow of the other attacks at all. It's like they shoehorned it in because japanese action needs ora ora ora by law

There's nothing wrong with level based game design, especially when you are going for rankings in a game like this.

Police station is hub, but the city areas are like levels/chapters.

Even the detective stuff is ranked.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18 Cyberpunk Switch exclusive Astral Chain started as a fantasy game.png (749x332, 51K)

but bayonetta is linear and level based with optional objectives.

WE GOT A NIGGER OVER HERE BOYS

Attached: 1508678479275.png (528x440, 354K)

>no collectors edition for US

Attached: 9ELfO4R.jpg (425x621, 69K)

maybe you have autism? it looks like a combo finisher or something

It’s hub based

There is when it isn't just a test of combat skills but puzzle solving and gathering clues by talking to NPCs and analyzing things, the games pace is going to suffer.
Anyone hoping for even a nomination for game of the year just lost it because Platinum don't properly understand what they were doing.
Games going to be fun but not as good as it could be, all they had to do was let you freely move between locations and tackle tasks at your own pace, holy fuck.

Read before replying.

Why do half the IPs here want this to fail? It looks like a fun time.

Where do they want it to fail? Most people seem to be disappointed or confused.
I want to be hyped, but it just doesn't look very smooth

Nah, it is.

I don't know what is worse: portfags, 60FPSfags or open world fags.

Any exclusive game has console fanbabbies that want it to fail. It happened with Bayonetta 2, it happened with Bloodborne, and it's happening with Astral Chain. This is just how the world works. Just realize that they're literal children who can't afford more than one console, laugh at them, and move on.

The only people who wanted this to fail were Platinum and Nintendo.
Plat for not making it non linear, and Nintendo for not marketing it.

I don't even know what point you are replying to but both people I replied to were false.

Doesn't need to be open world it just needs to be non linear, 30fps for an action game, this isn't Playstation but it certainly is going to play like it is.

Nah, bayo is linear.

Attached: Astral Chain - ARM get over here.webm (896x504, 1.92M)

Attached: thighs.jpg (1675x940, 111K)

It'll get a marketing push after Fire Emblem comes out. Hell, it'll probably get its own direct a few weeks before launch.

And that suits Bayo.

Where's PN03 butt guy

we need his opinion on FeMC's ass

It won't, because it's a Plat game, Nintendo don't really know what they have or what they are doing, it's generally very painful.

>the enemy just fucking stands there during the super attack
Christ

You are fucking contradicting yourself.

u mad

It was just grabbed and dragged.

You realize, knowing Bethesda's track record, by the time Doom DOES release, that helmet will be downgraded to a paper mask, if there at all

But being non-linear means being open world.

So that means it'll stand static when your stand does a super attack on it? How is that ok?

They were tweeting out a gif of it each day for like all of april. They're probably gonna try and subtly get it into the consciousness of people. Now they have more material to work with after E3. If Xenoblade 2 can do almost 2 mill, then this can also do fine enough. The fact that it has such a short turn around is great to me.

>should be open world or non linear
Why?

>POLICE BAD
Someone post what Director said about this.

>normal people can't see the legion
Are you fucking kidding me

iRIS my friend.

What? The chimera was recovering from being dragged on, plus is a giant type enemy so it would obviously slow anyway.

I like to look at art it's not a hard concept

No I'm not. You're just dumb, Astral Chain is now going to have a bunch of "that part"s you're going to finish an action sequence and think, fuck I'm here, I have to go here, talk to this NPC, examine this, hack this, talk to this npc, capture this npc, hack this and then examine this, and then answer question c, instead of doing something interesting I'm doing tedious busy work that is only fun the first time.

That's not true at all, open world generally refers to a single contiguous world space, non linear basically just means you can access locations in a non linear fashion, but as far as progress goes it could mean coming back to locations to hunt for additional collectables, or complete objectives you hadn't done before, with the game being linear and score based every single playthrough you are going to have to go through the motions like solving mysteries you've done before, it's going to get retardedly tedious and every playthrough after the first will suffer because of it.

pacing and replayability issues.

IBM - Invisible black matter

It's a big enemy. It doesn't need to be blown around like a rag doll with every hit. The game gives you other ways to keep enemies locked down like that grab, chain binding, launchers, arrow's freeze, etc.

Attached: Astral Chain - quick bind.webm (896x504, 2.84M)

>be police
>get job
>boss says "no crime"
>okay
>see crime
>stop
>go home
>get paid
good

>The game doesn't know how to make animations cancel into one another so the chimera just doesn't fucking stagger when you attack it at the wrong moments
And thats supposed to be acceptable?

Or the chimeras...unless there is a massive spike of corruption in the area in which case they get infected and turned into monsters. Besides, why you said this loke it was wrong?

You can see it through your augmented reality aug.

That's a lot of slo mo and cutscene attacks.

I fucking give up, you only want to shitpost.

I hope the plot is kino and isn't just chimeras are good boys and police chief guy summoned them here

Does the game have pause combos and actual action game mechanics?

>Me pointing out how enemies lacking basic kinetic feedback is shitposting
Don't you dare post in this thread again. You were NEVER interested in discussing the game. You only came here to shitpost. Leave, you worthless urchin.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (441x463, 27K)

Trailers make it look like you're the baddies, but I'm hoping that's just like Bayo 2 trailers which had little to do with the actual story, if I recall correctly.

have you not seen the gameplay? we don't know how deep it goes but it has a bunch of interesting and unique mechanics.

>it makes sense to describe platinum as a shovelware company.
Then why not call it "shovelware"?

>it has a bunch of interesting and unique mechanics.
So no. It doesn't have actual action game mechanics is what you're saying.

literally go watch the gameplay demos from the treehouse stream autismo

Have you tried watching some gameplay?

Yes I have and it looks like a xenoblade game.

What, you wanted them to announce it three years in advance before they even show gameplay footage? Get the fuck out of here.

gameplay posted earlier today btw

ok faggot, thanks for letting us know you're just a blind retard
please consider adding a trip so your samefaggotry through this and future threads can be filtered

And that is bad?

Attached: 001.jpg (1200x1756, 295K)

>japanese
That was the direct equivalent by the way.

>insult insult insult
Hey maybe it's time for you to leave. You're too angry to talk like a normal adult.

>Octopath Traveler

Attached: Unquestionably Erect.png (399x499, 250K)

um, can you shill somewhere else? this looks like shit

>Still no collectors edition for the American version
What the fuck

It always amazes me how the blind still manage to post on Yea Forums.

Do you just want all enemies to be punching bags? The big enemies/bosses don't stagger as often, you still have to dodge/parry while doing combos. Even DMC bosses don't have your "kinetic feedback" on every attack.

Fucking obviously is this even a question?

Oh wait you weren't actually posting. You were just taking the chance to advertise your shovelware porn because you're that one guy obsessed with it. Fuck off shill.

But that is the same vid in OP post.

Attached: 1551998538800.jpg (562x600, 37K)

>eric is STILL seething that xenoblade 2 succeeded
AHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1514158996649.png (3168x2816, 2.07M)

see

When's the soundtrack anyway, it has a few nice themes.

You give a non statement you get a non answer.

Damn I hit the nail on the head. How about you go back? Nobody here cares about porn, we play GAMES in this thread.

Attached: Saltynetta.png (680x680, 123K)

>open world generally refers to a single contiguous world space
No, that's a "wide open world". An open world game is a game where the entire / majority of the game map is available right from the start.

A "non-linear" game is a game like a Metroidvania, where you can acquire progression items out-of-order. For instance, in La Mulana 2 you can get the Pepper at the start of the game, even though you don't need it until ~halfway through the game. It can also describe when a game opens up in "stages". For instance, in La Mulana 1 you can go complete Mausoleum or Temple of the Sun at the start of the game in any order.

An action game being non-linear is fine, but there has never, to my knowledge, been a non-linear action game. DMC1-5, Bayo 1/2, W101, MGR, as far as I can recall there are exactly zero non-linear elements in any of them.

Oh wait, you're just ACfag, I'm sorry for your loss.

Oh god this fucking loser again. You're that jackass that would play Janny Jr. in all the media create threads when Xenoshit 2 was new. Nobody was allowed to say anything bad about it

Dude Xenoblade is an MMO-style tab-target game. They play nothing alike.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HG2zCqN9bOEBhpFI2hIZ6g/

This is just pathetic

COPE

Attached: 1512958763374.png (1016x884, 278K)

You sure do have a lot of boogeyman voices inside of your head, Schizo

have you ever played a xenoblade game?

protip it's a rhetorical question

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HzCWtPdpFETsyXnIaTo4Qg/

Greatsword Legion is the coolest.

Exactly. It's a fucking huge problem that this action game looks like a goddamn MMO in terms of actual combat fidelity

>not by filename
lmao

I actually got all my friends to avoid Waifu bait chronicles 2 by showing them this sperg's posts.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Disaster of the Wild*/
Is this really a thing you want to do, Eric?

Kys

He clearly changes the filename to avoid being spotted on Fireden

why hasn't this been called the worst game of 2019, fallout 76, and universally reviled by this board yet? it's a nintendo exclusive, cmon eric

No, you just made that definition up, open world is a single contiguous world space.
>majority of the game map is available right from the start.
Your definition is so retardedly subjective that Breath of the Wild, TES IV, GTAIV and below do not apply.
Non linear can be a game like a Metroid like but isn't exclusive to that, those games are built around the way that progression is earned and how locations are unlocked, often not through story progression but from player abilities.

>An action game being non-linear is fine
So you're retarded if you can't read and see that I said that this is indeed a true statement, I never said that action games should be open world, or non linear, I just stated that Astral Chain suffers from being a linear game in the vein of MGR/Bayo because of detective sequences which test a players reasoning and memory skills over dexterity or logical puzzle solving, there's probably more to it if I think about it a bit more.

Try and use your reasoning and memory skills to not fuck up again.

What the actual fuck is wrong with this autist?
>been posting this shit since December 2017
He's being going for two fucking years? Is he actually mentally challenged?

Attached: Squirtle worried.jpg (293x349, 65K)

Axe? It has heavy attacks, guards, can set its weapon as an explosive mine.

Attached: astral chain - dev axe.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

Is this game Blunder of the year 2019, hold up I'm going to alter that image posted that shows blunders since 2017.

I mean sure i guess that's possible but only a like 4 posts in that first page could even be remotely like an inane "COPE" fag

Pokebarneyfag has been relentlessly shitposting threads for every nintendo exclusive game since Sun/Moon came out. I honestly feel kinda sorry for the guy.

Attached: 1513174062519.jpg (1848x3896, 1.19M)

>a bunch of random posts compared to you posting the exact same shit since 2016
What are you diagnosed with, by the way?

>Axe
>it's a sword

Attached: 1497477700109.png (836x632, 413K)

I'm talking about the mental fuck that posted this and this I guess he's been trying to defend nintendo games from a boogeyman for two fucking years? That shits not normal.

Looks fun.

"Axe" is the Japanese word for "broadsword".

>on one platform only
KEEP CRYING

He's a headcase called BlunderEric. He's obsessed with Xenoblade 2, and he shilled it for over 2 years. When people stopped talking about it he started going into every nintendo thread to try and advertise it, like he did this thread. It's been confirmed that he has schizophrenia so just ignore his disabled ass

I was under the impression blunderfag hated xenoblade.

and this is why I don't play weeb trash lmao

"Blunderfag" doesn't exist. The autist who calls everyone Blunderfag or Eric has been called "BlunderEric" for about a year now. He's the sperg that adores and shills XB2

Because of retards? Okay retard lol

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/BlunderEric/
Holy shit, is it normal to boogeyman someone who likes xenoblade this hard? You sound a bit like the schizo here.

This is a normal part of the autism cycle, ACfag did the same thing. Eric's going through his
>IT'S JUST ONE GUY STALKING ME HOW AUTISTIC!
phase.

cope tranny

Should I play W101 while waiting for Astral Chain? I got it back when club nintendo ended, but only played like an hour of it and didn't really like how it felt or its camera angles.

>pacing and replayability issues.
they said you can go back and replay any part of the game and try for better scores user. I'm sure that means you can just do bosses and parts of the game you deem "fun".

Your mom has the best pussy in town.

>a minute apart
And you're trying to call that other guy a schizo?

Christ

I'm guessing you're this BlunderEric character then? Seems like your name is popular on Yea Forums based on your link. You must sperg out like this all the time.

>Your definition is so retardedly subjective that Breath of the Wild, TES IV, GTAIV and below do not apply.
What? Literally every one of those games applies.

It's one of my favorite games, it's a lot of fun, if you have it and like action games go for it. Just make sure to buy the block and dodge moves as soon as you finish the prologue.

>middleware
why would you pretend to be a different person while using this same term again after you got btfo for being retarded the first time

Wierd how this game garnered so much shitposting.
It's just seems like a classic 90s supernatural cop anime.
What's the big deal?

I dunno, Eric brings up a lot of responses too. Are you that guy? He also seems pretty autistic.

I mean you're only proving him right. A lot of people call you BlunderEric

What other games on the wii u are worth getting? I want one for w101 but getting it just for one game feels iffy.

Nintendo exclusive, so there's a lot of seething snoys who desire nothing more than to see it fail

Kill all shitskins. They're all criminals

subs when

Except your character can do a ton more than V himself could and your puppets are also more versatile

>Eric brings up a lot of responses too
Well it should considering how you post on a fucking daily basis from what I see in that fireden link. I assume you're always posting about some invisible "eric"

It's pretty autistic tbqh

Almost everything good on the Wii U has already been ported to the Switch. The only good exclusives left on the Switch are Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and Xenoblade X

1. so people reply to him going "why are you still using this word"
2. because he has mental issues and he literally is incapable of understanding that people can tell it's him from his speech patterns

>Nintendo girls thread had ACfag sporting for the thread.
>astral chain thread has these autists. (Kr just one autist)
Some times I wonder why I still come here.

English not your first language or are you mentally retarded?
>An open world game is a game where the entire / majority of the game map is available right from the start.

Hey Eric. Japanese humor.

Yes, he hates xenoblade 2, at some point he started to falseflag. That is just one all the shitposting strategies he has used in two years.

How long do you expect it to be?

Probably a bit shorter than Nier Automata. The main story probably won't be super long but the side content will make up for it

No, Eric is a real person. The problem you are seeing is that you are looking at it at a different point of view. Eric is literally trying to trick you. Look at the IP counter, 314 post with only less than 100 posters seem a little too low compare to other threads.

Here's the thing: Eric is an infamous shitposter that hate Nintendo for whatever reason. He call the switch the Shitch and try to play it off as if it's his first time saying or act like someone else. The main reason why he is mainly know is because of Xenoblade Chronicle 2 spam, know as Japanese humor. He no longer do it, but because of his action, people started coping him and it that's what cause a lot of people being assume that he is a boogeyman. He's real, but you only see him in consolewarring threads or Japanese Media thread. This is why there is so much problem in Nintendo community threads here in Yea Forums, because his action, it's hard not to call anyone Eric.

>No balls, no sheath
Preorder cancelled.

Look at the unique post count there literally is just one retard monitoring this thread all night

He no longer does it because now posting that webm can get you banned.

So it's basically Crackdown with stands?

Glad to see Obrona's still getting work.

Wait, all those are actual enemies we have seen in the trailers and gameplay vids.

So all the enemies were planned to catchable, sad...

Seems like the dodge offsets in this footage

>wants open world trash
Go back to your ubishit or shit of the wild. We are discussing pure action combat faggot

But it's more like BotW with its runes. It doesn't actually slow down time like Bayo's Witch Time does.

I'd rather have it release soon with development going smoothly in secret with no teasers at all than to wait a thousand years for Bayonetta 3.

Attached: 123412967898.png (577x632, 124K)

>obvious bait that newfags are taking
I fucking hate you all

Agreed, this game is unacceptable. Needs more fluid animation, more qte, cut scene, and a brighter color palette. They also should've gone with a more realistic look and no monsters. It should've been about real cops vs real terrorist.

Plays more like mario kart to me

>ZR
>main weapon attack
Well shit, I just hope the game is purposefully designed around the limitations of just having that as the sole physical attack button as well as the fact that the index finger can get autistically tired.

This controller layout may make more sense once we actually get to play it though, since like you mentioned you hold ZL and move the right stick for the Legion.

Attached: [Canzah] Kaiji 2 - Backslide Arc - 22 [TV 720p 8bit AAC] [3780E9EF].mkv_snapshot_05.31.png (1280x720, 852K)

>index finger can get autistically tired
Shoulder buttons for attacking works fine for soulsborne/sekiro. On switch controllers ZR (trigger) is more comfortable to press than R (bumper). But yeah, these controls are set up so that you can move and attack with your character at the same time as moving the legion.

Read Zetman.

Attached: 1543494997836.jpg (283x400, 159K)

god I can't wait to pirate and then emulate this game

wow never thought of it like that. You can always count on the japanese to do things a little differently than boring trash western games.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x124, 150K)

Man that UI is sexy. And the gameplay looks slick as fuck.

Attached: 61qZI5jWbbL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 54K)

Originally this wasn't an action game it was more of an RPG before they made it into a GitS style action game.

There's no way a platinum game has attack mapped to a trigger button. They aren't that incompetent. Doubt there's one attack button too.
I'm seriously concerned about how much hitstop those blue flashy moves have.