What is this game's legacy?

What is this game's legacy?

Attached: 1530941956038.png (640x883, 1.53M)

It was a smash game on the wii u

worst smash game is its legacy

It was alright while it was recent. Fun like any other smash but there's no point to revisit since Ultimate came out. I wonder if that's what's gonna happen to ultimate in 5 years

Bayonetta ruining it when anyone with a working brain knows it was Cloud that broke the game.

I think they will have a smaller roster for the game after Ultimate so it will be remembered as the one that had the most content.

Being the footstool to bring us Ultimate.

Ultimate will be remembered as the Budokai Tenkaichi 2/3 of Smash.

Trash Ultimate looks like shit. its character models, rigging and shaders are absolute ass.
Smash wiiu graphics are at least acceptable.

Samus ass.

Attached: REw2Y0v.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Sdi and just adapt memes

Attached: Justwigglearoundorsomething.png (343x431, 295K)

Attached: RMqsG0u.jpg (1280x720, 485K)

You mean her boobs, which now are gone.

The sad thing is that they had no faith that Smash could survive if Wii U was the only platform, and accomodating 3DS is what led to the limitations that crippled PMT and IC from having a shot. Sm4sh's legacy is that it was the clearest sign that Nintendo had no faith in being able to force interest in the Wii U.

Attached: FS2t6XU.jpg (1280x720, 476K)

Now ultimates version.

Attached: 1543426215113.jpg (1752x1219, 519K)

I'll never forgive soccer guy for this treason.

I feel like Ultimate will be ported forward at least once.

Bayo being busted as hell.

Disgusting

One of the most popular franchises on a console nobody bought.

looking 10x better than smash ultimate

How long before underageb&s start pretending it was good?

It gave us some really cool characters like Pac Man, Megaman, Villager, Ryu, and Shulk (not as much of a splash was made as Ridley or K Rool, but still pretty nice). But everyone's always going to remember Bayonetta most prominently, because the game went out on the worst possible note at that EVO grand finals match. The game's legacy is presenting the character with the lowest skill floor of all time.

It added Pac-Man and Mega Man which were very important, and Cloud opened up new possibilities for third party characters.
That's it, though. No reason for anyone to ever touch the game again, at least Brawl had a campaign that you might visit again.

hj

Best looking and custom moves and better theme song than ultimate. Anyone who thinks ultimate plastic weird lighting looks better just looked at it for too long to care

Added Pac Man, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.
Lots of leak faggotry
First Handheld Smash
Introduced the Smash Ballot which brought a whole new type of cancer to Smash discussion
Overall 7/10

Attached: 1540480874623.gif (480x270, 1.97M)

I don't remember if the Smash 4 lighting did this, but it looks all blocky and fucked up in ultimate. It looks really bad in camera mode.
Locking you into one menu theme until after world of shit was a huge mistake. I never want to hear that song again.

the reason it looks blocky isn't just because of the bad lighting but because the models are actually much lower quality too. they're way lower poly especially in areas where it matters most.

Most forgettable Smash game
Worst first party character additions

>Added Pac Man, Megaman
This alone made it good.
That said, Ultimate refines everything 4 did and makes it unnecessary and not even worth looking back.
>64 was the first
>Melee is fast with it's own interesting physics
>Brawl had Subspace
>Ultimate is the most refined and the greatest roster yet
What does 4 have?
It was a good game that helped evolve the franchise but in the end it's also the most uninspired and generic the franchise has ever been.

It's not bad, but there is no reason to ever go back to it.

It was ported to the Switch as Smash Ultimate

Legit shit, 4 had no redeeming factors. Brawl at least had content.

Attached: 1403499864027.jpg (500x500, 105K)

Being ported to Switch. That is all it'll ever be remembered for.

Mega Man+Pac-Man, introducing 8-player mode, the weird experiment of 3DS+Wii U crossplay but differences, Amiibo fighter training

Being overly reliant on defensive play.

Not including Steve

Attached: D6682DFC-0395-4485-AA60-869E94AB3E14.png (480x1080, 10K)

wow just like every smash game

Its better than Brawl from sheer content alone, but Ultimate really puts into perspective how mediocre Smash 4 was despite doing a lot of things right and adding awesome characters.

Smash 6 will include Steve and it’s gonna be the best game in the franchise by default

It added more than 4 new stages and actually had side content

in your dreams. all you're getting is a mii costume.

That proves that Sakurai is ok with having Steve represented in smash

I mean it's the same game as ultimate with less content. If you're a Jew and want to just get a hacked wiiu, you're getting much the same experience.
Better graphics too.

First game to introduce 8 player smash so it'll always have a place in my memories since I usually play Smash with 5+ people.

It was a nice bridge between Melee and Brawl. It also gave a lot of attention back to the Smash series which was almost considered dead, or at least never coming back to it's Melee glory, in 2012.

It was a good game, but Ultimate is objectively better in every way, so there's not much point in playing it anymore.

I cant wait for you smash faggots to say how much you secretly hated ultimate when the next game is released, just like with smash 4

Literally just a beta test for Ultimate.

Nothing. Ultimate is the last standalone Smash in the franchise.

What will happen? It will get ported. It will keep getting DLC, or an expansion pack, etc.

It will basically follow the SF5 model of self-sustain with updates and content.

They have all characters. They simply can't just cut them anymore, or reboot the franchise, or anything. Ultimate is the plateau of Smash.

FE should get censored in as many things as possible so people can realize the games are actually complete trash

Bayonetta 3 ft. Super Smash Bros.

i only play it for the mods and because i dont have a switch yet. the thicc mod is kino.

Attached: 58e50004dce8a.jpg (2560x2048, 1.03M)

>WASTED SLOT REEEEEEE
>THE LITTLE MAC AND SHULK RENDER ARE SAME FACE FAKE LEAK

Banjo vs. Steve and Grinch had fucking nothing on the Smash 4 pre-release bullshit.

And one of those "wasted slots" is my main today.

Attached: 50aba8e40def931b7d058d4b195f065f.png (860x1075, 594K)

It had an ambitious plan to allow character customization for special moves, hampered by the Wii U dying quickly and forcing them to shove the game out the door.

And also hampered by the dumbfuck decision to make most of the moves random unlocks. People bitched about Ultimate's character unlocking, but that takes less than a heavy weekend binge to finish up. How the fuck were people going to enjoy custom moves if you could legitimately go 50+ hours and still have dozens of them hiding behind unlocks?

Attached: 1457607817735.jpg (436x436, 31K)

The 3DS was what was planned first, Iwata just convinced Sakurai to do a Wii U version as well (by just announcing a Wii U Smash and telling Sakurai after that they want him to do it).

WFT is a better addition to the cast then 80% of the newcomers that have come since and I fucking hated WFT at reveal

Holy shit this game had so much leak faggotry it was astounding. Every other day there was a new fucking leak. Ultimate has fucking nothing on it in that department.

Either way the game was shit. It's easily the worst Smash. Terrible newcomers aside from Pac Meme.

Attached: 1407093914732.jpg (500x574, 57K)

I miss For Glory.

>It's another random Young Link 100hp stamina battle

I JUST WANT NO ITEMS AND STOCK BATTLE I'LL HAPPILY WAIT AN EXTRA 10 SECONDS TO NOT GET STUCK WITH FUCKING MEMERS JESUS CHRIST NINTENDO

Attached: 1559168529090.png (370x320, 146K)

If Smash 6 doesn't do everyone is here again there will be a massive split about it.

Not being the superior version with smash run.

60k viewers GF at EVO

fuck you I always hated Tr4sh even Brawl is better

>4 had no redeeming factors.

Pac-Man, Megaman, Ryu, fucking Cloud. Smash run (only in 3DS), a fuckton of customs. And most importantly having SSE. Objectively is at least better than Brawl.

Smash Tour

Attached: Shrug.gif (572x339, 2.05M)

every Smash game becomes so horribly dated so quickly
the graphics and the menus are so bad

There are a lot of similarities to Ultimate. Ultimate is basically Smash 4 but not trash

>played the 3DS version for 3 years
> STILL don't have all of ROB's customs
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, I'VE PLAYED HIM SO MUCH THE STATISTICS TELL ME HE'S MY MOST PLAYED IN SMASH RUN, GIVE ME ARM ROTOR 3

Being a game people pretended to like solely to spite melee players

Attached: 458.png (800x800, 319K)

>Most importantly having SSE
Zoomer or just retarded? SSE was brawl.

A game that shouldn't have existed

Clearly a typo

Is either of that good or bad? I don’t play fighting games or smash

Not clearly when he even emphasizes that it's the most important thing it had and then shits on brawl in the following sentence.

>It will get ported, l keep getting DLC, an expansion pack, etc.
This means that in due time, it WILL be poasible to play as Steve in Smash.

That's why it's a typo, dumbshit. I ate the not

I honestly wish this happens. I love that we have so much fucking content. I don't care if the next smash is the exact same game plus an adventure mode and 5 more dlc characters, i'd still buy it.

It was the best Smash game before Ultimate.
If you think Melee is better take a shower.

I mean they're the same game, soooo

Smash 64 for starting the series
Melee for its gameplay and competitive scene
Brawl for its single player content
Sm4sh for being an easy entry barrier for new players
Ultimate for people getting tricked by a dr seuss character

literally this

A typo is just a simple spelling mistake or grammar error, not incorrectly praising a feature that was in a different game as Smash 4's most redeeming quality and then shitting on the actual game immediately after. It changes the entire meaning of what you said. If Smash 4 doesn't have SSE then how the hell can it be better than Brawl?

Attached: 5bf5d5b2811a5.image.jpg (400x400, 18K)

I'd take pre-patch Bayo over Cloud any day because at least Bayo took 5 minutes to learn, while any retard could and did pick up Cloud.

A half step made completely irrelevant by its successor

i feel like Melee and maybe the original are the only ones people ever go back to. and i think its probably gonna stay that way, cause the franchise has pretty much expanded as far as it can, and now it’ll just always be about new characters/stages and updated gameplay

It's only generic in retrospect. Which is a shame since it was so great during its hay-day

the truth is, the combination of bayo and cloud ruined it.

bayo was far more broken, but people at least needed to be decent to make use of her, she killed any competitive scene this game had.

meanwhile, cloud was the best character purely based on hitboxes and number values. any brain dead dipshit could play him well. He killed the online and the fun for more casual players.

with both of them fucking it up, there was nobody left.

so it's okay for a game to be shit as long as it has good characters? plus who the hell was actually hype for pacman?

>Implying Megaman wasn't fucking amazing.

And of course since they're free in Ultimate, they're not the definite top 2, which is surely pure (((coincidence)))

you're a bad consumer.

Everyone keeps saying that but there isn't any reason to realistically do this.

They can just build off of Ultimate for the sequel and keep adding characters. The whole appeal of this series is the crossover of so many different gaming franchises so it'd be kind of dumb to cut down the roster outside of third-party licenses ending.

Smash4 actually had NEW content in it. Not just shit recycled from the last games. As far as I'm concerned, most of what made Ultimate so great, was because of Wii U

no i believe everyone will be in if there is a future smash game. this selling point was welcomed and cheered by everyone. this is literaly NO reason at all to cut anyone
this

Sakurai would murder someone before that happened. The series would be rebooted with a significantly smaller roster.

Except I don't make it a secret. Outside of roster bullshit Ultimate is extremely lackluster. At least as far as a "new game" goes. Spirits suck. That lack of overall new and even old content like stages or modes sucks. The way music was handled sucks.

That's not true. Sakurai always had interest in a handheld Smash and already had experience with the 3DS with Uprising. But Iwata came up and asked if he wanted to do a game for 3DS or Wii U. Obviously he ended up choosing both.

this so much

how was the shit show for smash 4? was it kino? are there archives?

Its roster contribution to ultimate
what not to do in the future
thats it

released before undertale

And you're a smasher. See I can label arbitrarily too!

why? It's Sakurai the one who doesn't like sequels.

why? I'll buy what I want. I like ultimate so much that i'd be willing to buy it a second time on a new console, specially if it comes with bonus content. fucking fight me.

>First HD Smash game
>Kino new additions such as Mega Man and Palutena
>DLC fighters were introduced, even more kino additions such as Ryu and Cloud
>Smash 3DS being the first portable smash. good for smashing on the go, but it's not nearly as good as playing with a GC or pro controller
>Had 6 FE reps when nobody asked for it.
>Bayo
>No Adventure mode whatsoever, have fun with your shitty board game
>Released on a failed console
Good riddance.

Blatant favoritism towards FE and Uprising that somehow still has people denying it ever happened.

better game then brawel but nowhere near the hype brawel created.

they keep porting Ultimate to new consoles with maybe minor upgrades until the end of time.

The 3DS Smash was better

Attached: 4A609CF8-E6AD-47DC-8771-53477B24E69C.jpg (768x1024, 117K)