PC Game Controllers

I'm looking to get a controller for my PC but I don't really want to get a console controller.

PC has to have some good ones that try something different or do the basics better, after all there is a big fucking market for colored keyboards aimed at vidya. Is the Steam controller any good? What are the best alternatives?

Attached: gamepad.jpg (474x474, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/353370/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

xbox one controller is literally marketed as a pc controller, and has built in windows support

This, get the elite controller. I actually have a hard time playing without the paddles now.

What's special about the paddles?

You can map them to any button you like. I don't have to move my finger off the thumbstick to reload, jump, crouch, switch weapons etc. The nice thing is I can map them on my xbox and they will stay the same when playing on my PC. It has internal memory for it as well as 2 different modes so I can map one for shooters and the other for another type of game. Microsoft really out did themselves with the elite controller. It's hands down the best on the market.

>PC has to have some good ones that try something different
Well there's the Steam Controller and yes, it's very good if you have the right expectations. It will need a lot of getting used to and configuration for every game but if you can get warm with it it's the best controller ever.
My only gripes with it are some nitpicks about the hardware and it being tied to Steam.

A quick look shows that shit is $150. I'm okay paying for quality but that price seems ridiculous. I was thinking with it being an open platform and Best Buys having a literal aisle for gaming keyboards and mice somebody besides the console makers would have some good controllers.

xbox one

It depens on what you are looking for. The xbone controller is the most standard pc controller, and most games are built around it's layout, steam controller is a good compromise between having sticks for movement, and aiming with something better than a stick (gyro), it also has the same face-button layout as the xbone, 8bitdos are best for sidescrollers (it has a really good dpad), the sn30pro in particular has thumbsticks and gyro, but it has a the nintendo layout (you can set this however you like in steam)

Mine came with the xbone elite version. I bought that in 2014 and I still use the controller today. $150 might seem steep, but the controller has lasted me for 5 years. As stated before in my opinion it is hands down the best controller, period. And for a whopping $30 a year it has been a great controller and still works like it's new.

The elite controller hasn't even existed 5 years ago.

Oh damn, you're right. I just had to check my Amazon history. It was January 2016. So I guess $50 a year. Still not a bad deal in my opinion.

I've tested out many and this is what I came up with user.

For 2d platformers and 2d games that need a nice dpad.

Snes ibuffalo

Compatability
Xbone

Fighting games
Hori fightpad PS4
Hitbox

there's the Astro c40 controller for $200 bucks, yea kinda pricey but it has some cool gimmicks. Although, it doesn't use USB-C which is kinda retarded

Considering I bought my Steam Controller at about the same time I got far better mileage with more features out of it so far.

Attached: 1549222524405.gif (500x500, 1.03M)

8BitDo SF30 or SN30 pro controllers are pretty rad, I personally use the SF30 pro

Attached: 61SNXLSv7eL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 67K)

Is there anything the pad does particularly worse than analog?

You mean the touchpad? The right touchpad is generally better than an analog stick imo as both are mostly used for camera controls.
As for the left touchpad, I don't ever use it as a stick replacement, there is a left analog stick after all. I just use that.

Considering this.

Are the sticks and d-pad decent?

>Steam controller $120
>Elite controller $150
>I get more features out of mine
>Oh, you mean that feature? I don't use it
>I bought it the same time as you did
>But I got more mileage out of mine because I said so and arbitrarily defined mileage to suit my definition
Sounds like you're being disingenuous and arguing just to argue. If a $30 difference is a tipping point in your budget, you shouldn't be spending that much anyway. I'd also argue that the braided cable, carrying case and multiple thimsbticks that come with the elite controller more than make up the $30 difference anyway. But let's be honest, you're only interested in posting memes and being disingenuous so it doesn't really matter what I say.

user, the SC is 50 bucks.

Not when it came out in 2015.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was always 50 bucks or less.
steamdb.info/app/353370/
Talk about being disingenuous.