THE HERO

THE HERO

Attached: 1560466926707.png (845x1024, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
youtube.com/watch?v=NCP82vznbj4
youtu.be/HtGYAKHBKFg
youtu.be/MATZR7LGECQ
youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc[Embed]
twitch.tv/videos/437599514
youtube.com/watch?v=paNhRFd0-cM
youtube.com/watch?v=4sZt5U-eD5k
youtube.com/watch?v=yY_wnR7-00k
gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/13/myth-confirmed-square-enix-talks-selling-dragon-quest-on-school-days
nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/joker-from-persona-5-joins-super-smash-bros-ultimate-as-a-playable-dlc-fighter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When 8 showed up I got happy

im sure the one fan of this series was very excited for this trailer

>Best hero from best game resorted to just a smash cutscene
At least Bomberman made it as a trophy.

So is the DQ fanbase still at the welcoming new fans stage or have they finally reached the "FUCK SMASH SECONDARIES" point?

The DQ fanbase takes all fans they can get because the more fans the more chance of Square actually releasing games in the west. Plus most actual secondaries get filtered out by the series anyway.

The reveal was the best casual filter

Just wait until the Smash secondaries adopt some retarded head canon or meme to spout 24/7
I'M REALLY FEELING IT

when the dragon quest 8 hero appeared I got hyped

before that I was just neutral

zoom zoom

Everyone hates the average smashfag, if they weren't fucking retarded no one would care about secondaries.

They're already trying to push official names for the characters on the smash and DQ wikis.

I'm only using Eight and Purple Erdrick.

For real though, Smash secondaries aside, do you think this gamble will work? Would XI in the Switch become the best selling entry on the west thanks to the Smash promotion?

dq monsters is the only one ive played
gonna keep it that way

What do you think a slime feels like, probably really warm and slippery haha.

DQIX sold pretty well in the west. I can see DQXI selling pretty well, since it's being pushed even harder by Nintendo.

Cry more

Really? so far I have only herd Luminary, Erdrick and Solo... with Eight being just Eight. I haven't heard any fan names besides Trunks and Goku so far, which were to be expected.

I remember some retards trying to push the name "Irebun" for Eleven and "Guv" for Eight.

Yes, zoom is a spell he can use, not sure why you said it twice though.

I like to call Eight 'Guv' because that's what Yangus calls him. And I love Yangus. But trying to push those names as official is retarded.

god this artstyle is so fugly
nostalgia retards don't fucking @ me

I'm drunk so I'll blog. 32. Had every ninty console. Also a pc fag. No trolling, as someone who keeps up with game news and plays Nintendo and PC I genuinely did not know who this was or what series. I have a job and a gf so I might be a normie

American?

I can feel the anger.

Why are western fans like this?

Attached: wojacker.png (1115x754, 619K)

British. Work for the civil service. Literally pay the Yea Forums dole scrum

it's literally more popular than banjo kazooie

I never realized dragon quest was such an obscure series

Yakuzafags were saying this same thing a couple of years ago and now it's the opposite

Shane that your series can't alter American Society as DQ does with the Japanese, Banjoke

same only with dq4 hero. god DAMN i had tears in my eyes when they showed the other heroes.

Um reaction videos say otherwise

Enix's shitty marketing which killed interest in the series in the west.

Oh wow, I'm from the UK too and remember DQ9 being advertised really heavily when it came out.

it's not, it's just assblasted tards crying about how steve isn't gonna be in the game and that their favorite character is more deserving, even though DQ is literally the face of JRPGs, dwarfing even FF's popularity in japan.

At least Nintendo's trying to fix it. Again.

When 4/Solo showed up I knew I had a new main

I like hero, but understand that a human wielding a weapon is an oversaturated character category in a game that welcomes all types of characters. I’m just glad Erdick is a pseudo goku so those fags can shut up.

Why are people mad at dragon quest getting repped but not a third rate series like persona?

DQ has sold tens of millions of copies, had dozens of games on nintendo consoles and is a pioneer of its genre

Meanwhile persona 5 is a faggy game for teemage boys and shut ins to self insert as a ladies man in

Really? I'm 32 tho and download all my shows. Not watched adverts in 15 years

The latter demographic mentioned is the most vocal and probably numerous

I think you answered you own question

>Started playing a title from the series because of this announcement
>Love what I played so far

Hero got put in because he's literally Japan's Banjo

Ah yeah that would explain why you hadn't seen it, they had an ad on TV constantly that had Jedward (the Irish lads that were on the X Factor) in it.

Japan loved both reveals.

It's justifiable. DQ revolutionized JRPG's, but those games unfortunately came to the West AFTER Final Fantasy came out. All the innovations that FF took from DQ and built on were what people first experienced in the West so DQ was perceived as generic or dated game when they released. This unfortunate first impression never left the DQ series. It also doesn't help that Square had the first five or six games named Dragon Warrior before finally getting the rights and changing it to Dragon Quest.

i'm not even a huge DQ fan and i was pretty excited.

Banjo overshadowed Hero over there too though

The worst part, the sword thing is just a meme fueled by bad choices in the roster. We have three links, ok, that's not great, but then we have four and a half Marths, which is to much, but it also gives the idea that we have to many swords.

If, lets say, it were just one Link and Marth has just one Echo, the differences between them, Cloud, Corrin, Ike, Robyn and the Mii would be enough for nobody to complain about "to many swords"... their may be some complains towards the FE representation still, but even that would have an improvement, cutting the Marth clones.

yes, but i'm sure the japs weren't asking for banjo as much as they've been asking for a dragon quest rep. from the reaction vids i'd seen, one guy literally started crying while thanking sakurai

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Banjo is from an old N64 game and it hasn't had a good entry since like 2001, it influenced relatively few games and normies wouldn't know Banjo nearly as well as you think. DQ has been going on for over 30 years, with every single game being great, it inspired basically every JRPG under the sun and in Japan pretty much everyone could recognise DQ as a franchise.

They loved hero, but just as us, they thought Banjo was dead before the announce.

Squeenix marketed the fuck out of DQ8. The problem is that they keep competing with their own shit or doing arbitrary things that both make actual fans raise an eyebrow while doing jackshit to actually bring in new folks besides "hey that looks like Dragon Ball". Console JRPG gamers in the west have a radically different set of expectations (aka spoiled as fuck from FF7 and making that the gold standard) and it says a lot that only DQ11 really got people's attention when it's pretty much the same as always but with a lot of quality of life and a new bend on traditional exploration. We're so conditioned to every JRPG running on anime tropes that a more traditional fantasy adventure with an anime bend and touched-up mechanics from the NES days is "unappealing" to the western masses.

>tfw adventure started playing

Attached: the-nut-button1.jpg (490x408, 22K)

Bayonetta didn't seem to do much better, but those games naturally repel more people and the Smash community quickly began to hate the character, so it might not be relevant to DQ.

WAKE UP!
THE HERO!

Attached: Dr. Black RX.jpg (766x1290, 343K)

Banjo had a better trailer. The luminary's trailer made Link and Metaknight look cool but didn't do much for him meanwhile the banjo trailer was pure comedy

To be honest, with FF going full action rpg now, is a great moment for Square (or Nintendo, or Sony) to promote DQ, is their biggest classic high budget JRPG right now, and it's not longer competing with FF. If anything with Bravely Default and other games from that team, but I think they can coexist, with the BB games being more "Old school but streamline"

Does the rest of the series get less grindy? I played the first game and that was the sum of my experience

I think viewing charactets as simply "anime character weilding a sword", "dead 90's icon" or "cereal box mascot" is dismissive and not viewing the larger picture. Like for one if you actually grab the very Roy and Marth who are ar the center of this debate on your hands and try them out you'll find out they play very different. Likewise all anime sword characters bring something new to the table, in this case Hero carries a massive movepool with tons of possibilities for unique playstyles we've never seen before.

In my own personal opinion Ultimate's roster at launch was perfect and didn't need anyone else added, in fact having too many characters can be a bad thing if you want to play the game more seriously than the party game sakurai intends you to. So any DLC characters are really just unnecessary bonuses the actual game doesn't need.

Yes

All me btw

Not even gonna deny it

>It's "THAT JAPAN REP!"
>Rathalos stole Monster Hunter's spot to be "THAT JAPAN REP!"
Christ, really? Hunter's the only anime swordsperson I'd give a shit about and actually play unlike the DQ fans who are clamoring for little Yuusha here.

Hell, get the teams for DQ and Bravely/Octopath to work together do a celebration of everything classic Square.

Shit i remember those adverts. Fucking strange but at least the game was good. Superbosses were gay tho

I was pissed when I heard it was the DQXI hero but if it's all the DQ heroes combined into one character then it actually makes sense and is not a bad addition. They need to fucking get rid of Cloud though. I would pay for DLC that removes him from the game.

Remember when erdrick was leakbait?

Attached: 1545092386953.png (800x600, 500K)

The Banjo trailer was awful, it was literally just a repeated joke that was worse than the first time because it wasn't even Sakurai laughing. The trailer for the DQ heroes was ok but not amazing but it was far better than the abysmal Banjo one.

> Like for one if you actually grab the very Roy and Marth who are ar the center of this debate on your hands and try them out you'll find out they play very different.

So what? I don't have a problem with them because they're legacy characters from before the game was oversaturated with anime swordsmen, but "they play different" is an absolutely terrible argument. That just means even more time was wasted on adding them instead of an interesting character.

>swordies play different
fucking lmfao *shorthop neutral airs you*

It's 1, 4, 8 and 11, I would pay good money for a 9 skin, and I'm with ya on being willing to pay to remove Cloud.

Supposedly, the Switch ports have done fine (nothing exceptional, but far better than on Wii U, and it was already to late to sell her game on Wii U anyway. The fact that she was kind of a upset in the ballot and then a broken character, didn't help her image (right now is believed that most of the votes went to Snake and Goku, among other not doable characters, but still, the fact that she made it into the top 5 was something a lot of Smash fans didn't saw coming)

not really
banjo hasn't really had a game in ages despite being a very recognizable character

not really sure what would be the japanese equivalent
Chrono maybe?

Klonoa

nahhh

I actually don’t have a problem with them at all. There’s a reason I worded it “human with a weapon.”
Im more so referring to the fact that Smash is one of the few fighting games today that allows characters of all types to be playable. Banjo, with how cartoony he is, of course has the more hyped reception then something we have too much of (atleast at face value, as we still don’t know how DQ plays exactly).

That's literally everyone though

I'm not saying that he's Japan's Banjo because he hasn't had a game for years, it's that he's one of Japan's most highly requested characters

Honestly Banjo getting in offsets Hero being "another human with a sword". It's getting tiresome to hear about how tired people are with that.

Fuck DQ and fuck Banjo.

I know, but it fit still. Anthropomorphic animal, intended as a platforming mascot, with two solid games, and a handful of spin offs, now forgotten by time, though it's owners like to sell merchandise or cameos from time to time.

I know Banjo is bigger, but I can't help to find similarities. Maybe Megaman Legends is a better equivalent.

when is he releasing

And here's the thing: Getting Chrom into the game meant making a character that reused an existing model for Robin's Final smash, animations and frame data already in for Roy, and with minimal effort put into to him to ultimately serve the same function as Lucina as an "easy mode Roy".
What makes you think that effort would have gone to a completely different character, who would have required licencing, animators, balance him/her out, make unique and different, etc. All in a time frame. Remember: Chrom serves a purpose, and it shows because in a way he's vastly different to Roy.

Nair is everyone's best move in this game. Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, etc. And even then Marth/Lucina do not combo off Nair as Chrom/Roy does.

Dragon Quest isn't even my favorite series but it's the one I shill the most. Had some success though, I got at least four people to play some games and they loved them.

Am I the only one who wants to use DQ11-kun?

Toriyama's art is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. It's so fucking bad. I have no idea how anyone can play Dragon Quest or watch DBZ and not just want to hurl.

HOES MAD

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18 List of best-selling Japanese role-playing game franchises - Wikipedia.png (1342x108, 11K)

slime is so cute

worst design and worst game of the bunch

Thing is that is a problem with modern gaming as a whole. Video games are less cartoony and more humanoid now, because in tye NES -> N64 era characters were amorphous blobs that couldn't be humanoid without looking awful. Even Cloud in his original game was just boxes with spiky yellow tumors. Times, and videp games, have changed

It's very telling that we had to go back to the 80's to get a cartoony Megaman, as even X looks like shounen anime protag.

>worst design and worst game of the bunch
That's VIII aka western babbies first dragon quest game

>worst game
Shit taste or shit post - which is it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
estimated lifetime revenue of dragon quest
>est. $6.015 billion (as of 2018)

that's almost double the legend of zelda.

>est. $3.436 billion (as of 2018) (including all media)
Retard.

Because westerners either want to be spoon fed their childhood for the 20000th time or want to pretend video games are an artform by making them into movies (instead of making video game only experiences that are artistic like nips do). They all have shit taste

VIII actual puts up a fight on the standard difficulty, XI is casual as all hell and the hard mode is ruined by shit like RNG buffs/debuffs

BTFO

Why does Yea Forums seemingly ignore just how much of a big deal DQ is?

Some people really want weird shit in smash. I often can't tell if Geno is ironic or genuine.

Its genuine
People just want there childhood they didn't play dq as a kid so to them its irrelevant

>Its genuine
Nah, anyone that actually played Mario rpg doesnt give a shit about Geno

I dont think that's true

Speak for yourself. I played Mario RPG and want Geno. Obviously I don’t think it’s happening anymore due to his spirit, but I was a Genofag that actually played the game.

>HOES MAD
HOES MAD

HOES MAD HOES MAD

I'm pretty sure a lot of the demand for Geno started from Newgrounds videos like Rawest Forest.

>I don't know character so I'm not really all that excited for them
>I know character so I'm pretty excited for them
It's not that hard to understand. Although people who try to disfranchise DQ's legacy are dipshits

Attached: 1551591079062.png (917x599, 46K)

Most of it is just the opinion being reflected over and over in the Smash community. I would say the majority of people that scream for Geno haven't played Mario RPG, but they've been exposed to it so much and told so many times what a cool and iconic pick he would be that they join in.

Like he's cool in the game itself, sure, but god he'd be a giant waste. If you want to bet on a dead horse, at least pick one with some potential like Isaac, or hope for something cool like Phoenix Wright or Leon or Reimu or some shit.

Attached: HOESMAD.jpg (751x842, 82K)

>or Reimu
Opinion discarded

Oh it's an absolutely terrible opinion, but I respect it a hell of a lot more than one from a person who would actually say "Who cares about Joker? Where's GENO, Sakurai!"

Attached: 1546911814670.png (1000x1000, 255K)

Why are the NES DQ games so much better than the rest?

>Only 11, 8, 4, and 3 heroes
What other heroes would you have wanted in the alt slots?

Attached: solosofia.jpg (500x528, 39K)

their design is laser-focused on what's essential and what isn't

The one from Monsters, but that's due to playing that game a ton as a kid.

Attached: DQ Monsters.jpg (500x500, 116K)

Female III or Terry I'm happy he's at least an alt color but I want him actually in.

Given the menu mechanic, how hard is this character going to be to play?

Got in as an alt of 8

ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=NCP82vznbj4

If you count the population of japan as a whole hivemind, then yes.

You serious? That's awesome. I was going to do Erdrick, but guess I'm playing my blue boy now

rent free

Attached: a9uIYWR.jpg (2075x2050, 339K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (736x264, 57K)

9, it was my first DQ game and is still my favourite, at least he's in the final smash and isn't totally ignored I guess.

Cope

Attached: 82228C57-C0D5-4601-BF93-DF8FCF6728C8.png (225x224, 9K)

We fucking won.

Attached: 3903EDE3-543C-4803-82E1-5E0A62E2E8F3.jpg (1242x2148, 921K)

HOES MAD

>Female III
Sorry brother, but Erdrick overshadows her and she's never appeared in anything outside of her own games (to my knowledge). Sucks but oh well

Attached: nothere.jpg (1707x960, 431K)

3, not 1.

LOL!

Attached: the %22%22%22hero%22%22%22.jpg (2261x3276, 1.66M)

I like the hero from 9 :)

the part that tilts me the most here is falcon's down tilt
literally looks nothing like it
DQ has more of a leg poke than a sweep

as well as the completely new FX
and there's literally only so many ways you can hold a sword.
People who dont play smash make your kinda posts

>1
I wish

Attached: Dq1hero.jpg (499x762, 102K)

We already knew, though, if anything is appropriate for the Hero character to borrow from everyone.

If all 8 slots were filled and they could fit the costumes faithfully, 1, 5, 9, and 6.

you know who I'd want as an assist Trophy?
Gabo/Ruff

Rise up for the singing of the national anthem of Tantegel

youtu.be/HtGYAKHBKFg

Take that back you nigger. Toriyama's old art is great. It's his new stuff that is shit.

Attached: 1542064764689.gif (803x558, 74K)

HOES MAD
HOES MAD
HOES MAD

Looks like Hero is gonna be the best swordfighter in the game. very cool

More fans than your cereal mascot you dumb Banjoke.

I just finished Dragon Quest 4 since I saw it on sale and I wanted to try a DQ game before the Hero came out. What the hell, west? I thought Dragon Quest is supposed to be bad. This game was fantastic. I think i'll try 3 next. Can't wait.

Attached: Hero.(Dragon.Quest.IV).full.601376.jpg (800x680, 190K)

If you enjoyed IV, you should enjoy V a ton too.

Nice, i'll check it out after 3. In the meantime though, I need to see where all this hype surrounding Erdrick is coming from

>"Smash should only have more mainstream characters"
>Cloud trailer, FF VII's opening song Bombing Mission starts playing
>HOLY SHIT IS THIS STAR FOX OR METROID
Years later and I'm still genuinely amazed at how few people recognized the iconic song.

I must warn you, part of it is nostalgia, especially for DQ2.

How does it feel to have spent every day forcing your shitty meme only get completely ass blasted in the end plantfag?

I'll bet it was an eye opening experience for him.

Attached: 1558143306109.png (256x224, 3K)

Maximilian's reaction to that trailer is still one of the few reactions to anything on youtube worth watching. The first note of the song, and the guy was already flipping out, without giving any annoying fake scream.

For what it's worth, Clemps gave a pretty decent reaction to the Hero too.

youtu.be/MATZR7LGECQ

I'd like to hope that some of that is due to FF7 being such a never ever at that time that people's brains just refused to register it, but a ton of people have never played FF7 I guess. Meanwhile, people like Max start marking out at the first notes, and I can tell he's not playing it up a bit

I can't find this clemp reaction you speak of, do you know where it is?

the japanese dont make nu male reaction videos, and this is a japanese series. cry more

I love that it's not hard to tell that Hero's trailer had way more effort put into it than Banjo's, it's almost funny.

Here are few
youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc[Embed]

I'd chalk that up to DQ having an outright mythology. There's only so many quality gags you can pull out of two games and 2-3 spinoffs for bear and bird

>Banjo overshadowed Hero over there too though

Attached: file.png (1140x775, 454K)

delusion

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DELETE THIS

Attached: 1556374412809.png (1089x893, 169K)

For the record, the guy freaking loves DQ XI, so the reaction was legit even when he thought it was jus Luminary.

twitch.tv/videos/437599514

>Not at least happy with Japan acknowledging Banjo's existence at all
Get your bitching off this board.

Attached: 1551325948412.png (306x308, 17K)

What’s the best way for an american to play DQ1, 2 and 3 nowadays?

Attached: C5C7EAA2-3325-4C53-B4F7-02F8A5E51895.jpg (600x450, 59K)

are you guys fucking idiots or what, why are you dq and banjo fans trying to undermine each other, be fucking happy you guys got in.

the recent smash announcement, pokemon sword and shield being an absolute mess, and treehouse makes me very interested in this XI. Is it fun? I'm no stranger to RPGs

Attached: 600px-LM3PolterpupArt.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Yeah it's fun.

Yes.

It's really good

I was honestly surprised that IX/The Sentinel showed up

Thanks. That was very refreshing.

Its a very high spirits JRPG.

Probably the mobile versions, but you could also play the GBC versions if you want.

Banjoke here, really happy for you DQ bros. My friend is loaning me DQ8 because I like bandana goku the best

Anybody who gets mad that more people like their series and they aren't in a sekrit club anymore with their infrequent localisations is a gigantic faggot.

Well, remember that they did the same thing that happened with K. Rool in his own reveal
Sure, it was cool the first time, but Banjo's wasn't charming at all, i'm sure they could have done way better than that.

toriyamas old art has a bit of character to it, but god damn he is clueless when it comes to faces. EVERYTHING looks like the one memorable character you remember he draws.
If you know dragonball, all DQ characters just look like alterations of the same shit and vice versa same with chronotrigger and so on. Sameface is not something to be proud of when it crosses multi-generational pools and platforms

I think the Rare connection made it worth it. Like if only for that part where DK, Diddy, and K Rool are going nuts at Banjo being memed into existence I really liked the trailer. Plus, got a sneak peek at Grant killing it with those remixes, so that's something I can look forward to

I suppose you're right with the DK characters part, however I defend my stance that Banjo's trailer wasn't as good, but I understand why some people may have liked it more, and yeah, the OST sounds nice so far.
I feel glad for Banjofags too, he honestly should have gotten in way, WAY sooner than this but I guess it really do be like that sometimes.

HOES MAD

Attached: hoes mad x24.jpg (1200x675, 97K)

plantfag stay mad

Dragon Quest 1 protag. He's boss as fuck.

DQ1 Hero
>fucks up everything on his own
absolute chad

IT'S DQ'S SLIME TO SHINE

What's this guys name if he has an official one.

Eleven

based

The Luminary is usually what he's called.

not even gonna lie. I wasn't excited about erdrick's inclusion one bit until I saw that reveal. it was kino af. I'm actually considering to play dq 11.

Would I be a terrible persion if I name him Seventeen, Lapis, Trunks or The Hero?

Ireburn

Erdrick is a Goku. The Luminary is a Trunks. I don't think people would get too mad

youtube.com/watch?v=paNhRFd0-cM

Attached: 1560364909188.jpg (2020x897, 430K)

DQ is a deserving franchise for sure but it's also a franchise that basically never grew up or tried to evolve so I think you're going to see a lot less secondaries than other games. Stuff like MM, Castlevania and Fire Emblem are much easier to leach onto.

I think the trailer was way too obvious. I was able to immediately tell it was Banjo just by them showing those pictures from the rivals trailer. It would have been better if it was a continuation of the last trailer instead of an outright rehash.

Admittedly, I named him Lapis.

Listen man, Shulk and "I'm really feeling it!" are the things that got me into the XC games. And now XC1 might be my favorite game of all time.

>never grew up or tried to evolve
Not only is there a plethora of spinoff DQ titles, each DQ main line game is very unique

this is b8 or hasn't played a game

Attached: C763uriVMAAKR17.jpg (512x688, 71K)

i tried dq 11 first and got bored of it quickly so i dropped it. i tried dq builders months later and absolutely loved it. i still want to go back and play the main series.

>sorafags still seething

Attached: 1560303255015.png (1134x659, 430K)

It's not an insult to the series. I started with 7 and loved it. But "unique" for DQ is still a very simplistic and dated style of RPG. Compare the leaps (and falls) the FF series makes and it's not like I'm saying something shocking here. DQ is such classic in purpose.

happy for dqchads. can't wait to try them out

Attached: congrats to dq and banjo.jpg (1664x1000, 243K)

I do worry about the "stop being turnbased" faggotry though.

holy fuck i thought collecting the crests was the hardest part of the game cause those things were a bitch to find. why is rhone so bullshit? dragon's quest 2 by the way

Attached: DEFEAT.png (96x96, 19K)

>all these anons interested in giving DQ a try now
Thank you, based Sakurai.

Attached: file.png (549x401, 265K)

Incomparable. Banjo didn't create a national crisis.

Don't worry, the japanese sent death threats to Square when it looked like 9 wasn't going to be turn based, so the series is going to stay that way forever.

Erdrick is Gohan. He doesn't have the "spread out" pineapple hair compared to Gohan's upward hair.

Do any of the DQ games have a good plot?

Toriyama is at his best when drawing monsters and non-humans.
In other words, he is at his best as a Furry artist.

why do people do this as though smash has never "borrowed" moves with each other from as early as 64?

100% true

They're competent but nothing noteworthy. They're by design your average comfy fantasy stories.

It's really fucking good, sounded like some classic John Williams-tier stuff

Attached: 1559426711947.jpg (224x222, 17K)

not a dq person but as soon as the rest of the heroes showed up i clapped

based

Why are Smashfags so autistic?

I haven't even touched Dragon Quest but god damn I can't stop listening to this song. I own this game, I think it's time to get into the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=4sZt5U-eD5k

adventure and the main oveture are kino too

Yeah I love the Main Overture, it feels nostalgic and I haven't even played the damn games.

Are you playing the NES version? If so I pity you.

THIS IS NOW A COMFY DQ OST THREAD
youtube.com/watch?v=yY_wnR7-00k

Attached: file.png (440x600, 409K)

no, i guess thankfully not, is it more bullshit on the NES version? im having quite some difficulty on this version.

Which overture version will be available?

Started playing DQV for the first time. I really wished I got to it sooner.

Look, I'm just saying, I'm a huge DQ fan, but DQ Builders is the best DQ experience of ALL TIME.

Eh, it was okay for the first 5-7, but after that it starts to get really desperate for comparisons.

In the NES version:
You can only warp to the town you last slept in, meaning you are forced to boat everywhere.
The encounter rate is insane, expect an encounter every couple of steps in dungeons.
There are a few enemies that can instantly wipe your party with a 100% success rate(did they keep this in the remakes?).
Road to Rhone is pretty much impossible without running past everything, no good spots to grind before the cave.
Nearly half the game is grinding in Rhone right before the final dungeon.
Lots of cryptic shit.

This game is easily the hardest NES rpg I've played and the weakest of the Dragon Quest games. Anyone who beat this game without a walkthrough when it came out has my respects. It's kind of amazing how much of an improvement Dragon Quest 3 is.

HOES STATUS: MAD

probably because the dq heroes are about as generic as the potted plant

probably because theyre paying extra for it

the encounter rate may be different, but most of these are about the same in the version i'm playing.
>There are a few enemies that can instantly wipe your party with a 100% success rate(did they keep this in the remakes?).
i'm not sure if its 100%, but its worked every damn time they've done it to me its worked. i just hope i outspeed encounters to firebane them
>Nearly half the game is grinding in Rhone right before the final dungeon.
i think i'm on this part now

im not using a walkthrough or any aid so i had thought i was quite beefed up by the time i got to rhone due to all the hours spent lookng for the damned crests, but fuck this place.

I usually have doubts when people say shit is popular in Japan but I was in Japan for two weeks back in 2016 and I swear to god I saw DQ advertisements and merch fucking everywhere even though the only game coming out anytime soon was DQ Heroes 2. Posters in the subways, TV ads playing on the street corners, it even had a fucking arcade game. The closest things I have to compare it to are Star Wars or Marvel. The people go fucking ape shit for it.

>he doesnt know

Japan and American collectively prefer Banjo

What did he mean by this?

You say this like SMT wasn't a complete game changer, and then like 15 years later Persona 3 broke new ground as well. Just because you're a fag who doesn't know shit about vidya history doesn't mean everyone is, and it certainly doesn't mean characters don't deserve to be in just because you don't like them.

And before anyone even tries to come at me, the official statment about Joker's announcement says in no uncertain terms that he represents Shin Megami Tensei, so stuff it.

Is this a reference to something? It sounds like it would be a shitty trap song.

DQ is the one classic franchise I could never get into. Even back then when I played every obscure little gem there was, like terranigma, live-a-live, Romancing SaGa 3, Rudora no Hiou and Seiken Densetsu 3, every DQ game I played felt like trash. I guess you really do have to be japanese to get it.

And don't give me the oldfag shit. FF1 is still a fucking masterpiece.

Honestly besides 3 they were the exact ones I wanted, I would have had 1 or 5 instead, I also would have wanted 7 but he's too short, but I concede that of all of them even I knew that 3 was the only lock. What I AM pissed about is that 4 got the shitty male alt instead of the vastly superior female alt, although I doubt I have to tell you that since you're clearly a patrician.

Good luck with the ending, Princess should be close to level 30 before you even think about fighting the final boss.

Nice 'you' farm you got going
But for everyone that's willing to believe this retard; dragon quest is so popular in japan that they aren't allowed by the government to release it on weekdays since it caused a lot of kids to skip school
gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/13/myth-confirmed-square-enix-talks-selling-dragon-quest-on-school-days

dragon quests aren't the best games but they feel super comfy

but one of those was me

Attached: 1544937154469.jpg (296x272, 27K)

>dungeon fighter online higher than fucking FIFA
wut

You mean overture?

If only he doesn't have the shitty clown suit.

Attached: i-dont-know-rick-it-looks-fake.jpg (512x288, 91K)

Dunno if you're still here, but you should finish 1 first before tackling 3. If you're brave, do 2 as well before you hit up 3.

will do, thanks for the advice!

>the official statment about Joker's announcement says in no uncertain terms that he represents Shin Megami Tensei, so stuff it
Please show me anywhere in smash the words "megami tensei" appear.

At most Joker "represents" megaten bynusing tetrakarn and makakarn in his moveset, that's it. He represents P3-5, not megaten.

>erebun
Please don't tell me they mistranslated Eleven somehow

>don't release 7 mainline titles over in europe
>hurr why do people not recognize this anime swordfighter

>only using official videos watch count
Based retard

I wish 2's hero was playable

Based retard

>in japan that they aren't allowed by the government
You know what, I'm not even gonna call you a retard considering the article you posted tries to frame it this way as hard as possible.

I don't have the article on hand, but it was confirmed in an interview that there was no law or sanction or anything like that. Enix just simply saw the effect it had and internally decided to make the move to only release on Weekends for the sake of the public.

They're putting my cereal mascot in the new smash game so I'm going to buy a Switch, Ultimate, and eventually Luigi's Mansion 3. I haven't played on a Nintendo console in about a decade and could use a good JRPG to expand that library.

What's a solid, entry-level Dragon Quest game I could get for the Switch?

Attached: 1501930014931.png (483x449, 355K)

Dragon Quest 11 S Definitive comes out late September exclusively for Switch.
It's a fantastic game.

Fug I'm dumb, I thought XI was the MMO for some reason. Looks good though, thanks user.

DQ11 is the obvious pick, but your next best pick is Octopath Traveller. I can't stand the art style but some people love it and it's a solid JRPG. If you don't mind something that isn't turn-based, Tales of Vesperia Remastered is a good port of a good game.
There's not really that many JRPGs on the Switch right now. There's the FF7 and 9 ports, and I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear which I've never played and are aggressively just okay games that aren't particularly notable.

Just use an emulator and play DQ5 for DS, then wait for XI to come.

nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/joker-from-persona-5-joins-super-smash-bros-ultimate-as-a-playable-dlc-fighter/
>ThePersonagames are a spinoff of the popularShin Megami Tenseifranchise, which has a long and storied history in the world of video games – with many of the games appearing on Nintendo systems.
Again, stuff it.

I am a banjo fan and even I can see how DQ's heroes justify their inclusion. The fact there are still ungrateful faggots like you that would bemoan a fighter with a unique moveset and the ability to essentially play as 4 characters in 1 slot serves as testimony that gamers actually are entitled cunts.

Attached: 62396669_174821713523611_4248810409235372371_n.jpg (480x480, 48K)

>RE
>Touhou
>dead
fuck off

Does DQ4 on android run slower than snailshit for anyone else? I dont remember it being slow when I played it last time, but I just installed it and I swear it's like 10 fps, way slower than even the DS version. Its weird shit, and I have a decent phone.

I wanted 7 to be in. Like slightly mire in. Maybe a skin for young link

Attached: counterargument.jpg (1115x754, 360K)

Maybe he should've used a sword instead of being a pussy-ass spear bitch.

The Yakuza fan wars are almost completely about the remakes, and personally i dont think it's healthy to encourage people to buy literally everything no matter if it's good or not. It's autistic to treat criticism of a new title as an evil attempt to kill the series

People can't swing swords the same way.

Both of your posts are shit, go back.

Wojack memes are soulless and not vidya.
Also not liking dragon quest and banjo kazooie.

Attached: wojackslime.png (1115x754, 738K)

>mot me into fire emblem(awakening) mother 3, kid icarus and now considering dragon quest 11

smash is the perfect advertisement

Attached: D9MNhNTXkAAXw5F.jpg (1200x857, 158K)

When I saw that dash attack was literally just Link's I was so disappointed. Joker reused a lot of animations but I thought fine they're just trying to rush him out because they announced him prematurely. But this is just lame.

Bayonetta's a Platinum game, nobody buys Platinum games, no matter how good or bad they are. They're the mainstream niche.

Pirate 7 or 8 on 3DS? Don't wanna beta test so I'm waiting to play 11 until the finished version comes out on Switch.

Attached: 1560921077456.jpg (957x1518, 127K)

nostalgia

based dumb retard

Not that user but they only said SMT as an opener. Literally every statement onwards is Persona 5.

>each DQ main line game is very unique
DQ is the Tales series of turn based jrpgs

Attached: fubu.jpg (170x164, 8K)

not a rosterfag, with unique moveset and 4 different characters hero looks like a better purchase than banjo, who looks a lot like run-of-the-mill cartoon character with some k rool elements

>unique moveset
He's a sword guy. He's not even special for being a sword guy with magic since there's Robin. In fact he's so not unique that some his animations actually are exactly Link's.
>better purchase than banjo, who looks a lot like run-of-the-mill cartoon character
Oh, it's bait.

>plethora of menu-chosen attacks with off-beat ones like an outright suicidal move among them
>not unique
fuck off banjotard, no-one who didn't grow up with the trainwreck of a console that was n64 cares about your character

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Quest it's inclusion in Smash is 100 % deserved. Both Banjo and Dragon quest deserved their spot but if you are gonna argue that Banjo deserved it more.

>Dragon quest series sales
76 million
>Banjo series
Less than 10 million

I don't even like banjo either fag enjoy your anime sword fighter again

I like how the artists took into, some, account the changes in Toriyama's artstyle through the ages when modeling these characters. Each of the heroes have their eyes modeled different, each following Tory's art at the time they were created.

Where's your argument?

Attached: purple gohan.png (300x500, 138K)

Man, Toriyama's art has changed so much...

Attached: Silver Balls Kamehameha.jpg (396x482, 49K)