The PS2 is still faster than the Xbox One at handling alpha effects

>The PS2 is still faster than the Xbox One at handling alpha effects
>The PS2 is still faster than the PS4 Pro at handling alpha effects
>The PS2 is still faster than the 1080ti at handling alpha effects
>The PS2 is still faster than the RTX2080 at handling alpha effects
The PS2 is still the greatest game system of all time. Why aren't you playing it right now?

Attached: ps2.png (708x464, 407K)

Source for those big boy claims OP?

wut

>tfw consoles will never have exclusive chips and architecture that makes them unique
>tfw they're all just prebuilt PCs now

no bandwidth limits in vpu0

>The PS2 is still the greatest game system of all time
No.

Attached: Shovleware Station 2.png (4360x2872, 3.17M)

that's impressive, critics haven't just been wrong in the past 10 years, they've been wrong in the past 20.

You'd think people would learn that critics don't know a goddamn thing they're talking about but it seems everyone just keeps trusting them anyway.

It's funny at least, I've never seen anyone care about their opinions a few months after a game came out.

but i am user. i still have my og gen 1 ps2 fat. never had to replace any parts and runs like the day i got it

What are you playing on it?

kill yourself low iq person
All that matters is how much good there was.
Unless someone is forcing you to play those games you dont like?

I really do hope people only post review scores as an easy way to get replies on an anonymous imageboard, even if all of those replies are just calling the OP a retard for trusting review scores.

i gave all my games to gamestop and dont have the money to buy new ones yet

what do you need alpha effects for? rain? grass?

anything with a transparency applied to it, from particles to props, models, billboards, etc.

so ps2 can make better billboards than an xbox one?

>I can name you 60 mediocre games, that means the console was shit

Not really, but at the resolutions that the ps2 ran at (99% 480i) it had comparatively higher bandwidth for alpha effects, but wouldn't be at the same level doing 1080p

with less slowdown

damn... so this... is the power of the emotion engine... woah...

BASED

is there a list of ps2 games with the best alpha effects?

Many of these games are fucking awesome

So forward thinking Nvidia had to copy it by 2007

silent hill 2 is a good example with its heavy fog.

Bingo retard.
>Y-YEAH BUT THIS CONSOLE HAD LIKE TWO REALLY GOOD GAMES SO THAT MAKES UP FOR THE 7000 SHIT GAMES THAT WERE ON IT
Fuck off retard. This console was shit and your blind to it because for the same reason you bitch at Nintendofags for.
All you sonyfags need to be killed for your blatant hypocrisy.

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando, at the moment. it was my favorite series as a kid, and i plan to buy all 4 of them again. probably will get the sly cooper games and MGS as well. after that, i'll look for some jrpgs i missed out on or games that flew under the radar

>The PS2 is still the greatest game system of all time
It's not.
>Why aren't you playing it right now?
Because I'm playing my og xbox instead

Only when convenient

The only reason Last Raven is that low is because normies got filtered

> all 4 of them
You might be surprised to hear Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are also on the PS2, they aren't amazing but you might enjoy them if you want something a little different.

Off yourself for the better of this board, holy shit.
God Hand, Xenosaga, Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and Suikoden are all fucking great. Rest are all really good as well. The only bad game on that list is DMC2.

Just because it has bad critic ratings, doesn't mean it's shit.

Attached: 1543006558494.jpg (500x435, 29K)

The fuck is an alpha effect and why should I care

Attached: seller.jpg (184x184, 10K)

Critics and journos were actually legit back in the early 00's, Nothing at all like the ones today.

an effect that cripples modern hardware and tanks framerate

God hand was shit fag it deserves to be rated lower then a fucking baby game.
Only its soundtrack was good.

transparencies
it's a bit of a stretched truth, as the PS2 is much slower above 480i

i played size matters to death on the PSP and the secret agent clank demo that was out didn't make me want to play it. the mainline series is fine for me

>PS2 could emulate PS1
>PS3 fat could emulate PS2 and PS1
>Sony realized there was a market for retro games so cut that out to make you pay for it
I hate how Jewish the industry became

If consoles want to cut out the middle man bullshit, they need to make their consoles as just motherboards and cpus, and then require the buyer to buy a graphics card and plug it in. Then faggot consoles get to keep their gay exclusives on their custom locked down mobo and OS, pc users don't get held back, consoles don't have to sell at an astounding loss, and Console users can finally have decent graphics it's the only way forward shy of a crash

Did we really need to go beyond 480i/p is the question

Attached: vp2.jpg (1920x1080, 2.08M)

to be honest, the ps2 emulation on the ps3 fat wasn't great. it had a lot of framerate issues in my experience

What game?

yeah, fucked up visuals too. Persona 3 and Silent Hill 2 come to mind.

if you're a beta effect you may care

>PC users don't get held back
>What are laptops and toasters

Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria, a game which renders at native 1920x1080i on PS2

Attached: vp22.jpg (1920x1080, 1.45M)

Thanks

It's the ability to fuck bitches. Conversely, Nintendo consoles are more suited to beta effects.

A nonissue. Games are held back by consoles, not laptops. Hence why even multiplat ports support 4k and unlocked fps, they still look fucking ugly but they're there

>pc users don't get held back
Consoles do not hold PC games back. Nobody is forcing you to develop for consoles as well as PC. Why don't developers just leave consoles in the dust? Oh yeah, because they don't hold us back

Brainlet zoomer here, What are alpha effects? I don't know what they are but there are things about PS2 game animations and visuals that feel better than later consoles and I can't put my finger on what

Wrong, consoles actually push the industry forward. Innovation and advancement hasn't happened and stuck on the PC in decades. Without consoles you'd probably still be rendering flats at 17fps in 2019.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>shitting on Baroque
Fuck this entire list and these "critics"

>A nonissue.
Incorrect. Laptop users and toasters make up a vast majority of PC gaymers.

fucking console SHITS

Attached: xboxvspc.jpg (2133x1423, 819K)

To be fair, the remake is shit compared to the original. It took the good tier atmosphere and music of the original and turned it into something far more generic.

>Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was shit
It's still the best DBZ game to have ever been made. Go fuck yourself with a rake.

the saturn/ps1 version is better, the feel was completely changed on the PS2/Wii version.

will the beggar race ever not be pathetic? These people need to go back.

Attached: baroquecomp.jpg (1104x784, 261K)

>god hand, fatal shadows, and budokai tenkaichi 3
>bad

Professional critics always sucking dick, as usual.

Attached: 1512359647594.jpg (240x240, 11K)

Is this right? I tought in 2002 the Geforce 4 was already available, as the FX5000 series is from 2003.

Also, I had a FX5200, that was a warrior GPU. Modern ones don't last 1/3 as long as my beloved did.

Attached: salute2.jpg (655x815, 85K)

in february, this article says january, plus the card they show is way better since it has onboard ram

They aren't really comparable. Also the article is from January 2002, so written in December 2001.