Unpopular Yea Forumsidya opinions

Unpopular Yea Forumsidya opinions.
Your opinion should be unpopular by Yea Forums standards, not just unpopular amongst the general gaming community.

I think Yume Nikki is only barely above average, like a 6/10.

Attached: unpopular.jpg (428x428, 19K)

Crash Bandicoot: N-sane trilogy is fucking great and the "pill-shaped hitbox" that people keep complaining about is barely noticable.

Grinding is literally never good and usually indicative of a really shitty combat system

I really don't see the appeal of the Bethesda RPGs + NV. NV has better dialogue overall to make the quests interesting, but they're all dingy and dull to play

The first tony hawk pro-skater game sucked without being able to manual.
In fact, Tony hawk wasn't all that spectacular until the games hit the 6th generation and you could pull off crazy combos and see more then 25 feet in front of you. That's where the real good shit was.

Attached: millenials.jpg (768x1024, 197K)

All I wanted to do was play video games

all TES games are shit, but Oblivion is the best TES shit.

RDR2 is actually one of the worst games I've ever played. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

DMC3 is a step down from everything DMC1 was and ruined Dante

why do you think oblivion is the best?

Based

>fear 1 is shit but fear 2 is great
>dmc1 is shit but 3, 4 and 5 are great
>deus ex is shit but hr and md are great
>Half life 2 is better than 1
>every sonic game is hot garbage, as is any piece of media associated with the character
>fighting games other than smash and mortal kombat are shit
>2d zeldas are boring
>triple a/big budget mainstream games make up the majority of worthwhile games throughout history
>rockstars only good game are midnight club 1 and max Payne 1 and 2
>from soft has never made a good game
>I'm totally fine with an increased emphasis on cinematic gaming
>cheating in multiplayer games is hilarious and a lot of fun
>shitposting about politics is more entertaining than actual discussion

Attached: 1560642635519.png (1216x746, 1.01M)

Not him but it's my favorite because I think it strikes the best balance between DND-style RPG stuff and actually being enjoyable to play, and it easily has the best quests. Plus Shivering Isles exists.

BFV is a great game and I'd buy premium if it meant the content would come a bit faster

fortnite is actually pretty good.

Golden medium between Morrowind and Skyrim

Bethesda RPGs aren't actual RPGs. People like NV because it's an actual RPG using assets from Fallout.

it still handles itself in a boring way

Unpopular opinion threads are only good for practice shitposting and trying out bait to see if they're worth making a dedicated thread for.

Nuts & Bolts was not a bad game.

Attached: iim4vUP[1].gif (500x281, 2.41M)

>prior to the late 7th gen, PC elitism was complete and utter unwarranted self importance
>Mario 64 and Banjo were a blight against platformers; 3D platformers will probably never evolve because of the wonky standard they created
>the "it gets good at 100+ hours" thing is just players trying to rationalize the massive amount of time they've sunk into an MMO/grindfest RPG
>I'm conflicted with the Disgaea series. On one hand it has great music and artstyle, on the other hand it's a mindnumbing grindfest and I can't fathom why anyone would like it outside of for the waifus
>playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon postgame is synonymous with masochism

>the wonky standard
That being what exactly?

i never played the postgame in PMD, but why do you think that? catching them all really not worth it in the mystery dungeon games?

God of War 4 is actually a good game both technically and story wise.

The wonky standard that 3D platformers should focus on collecting things rather than simply having more interesting ways to go from point A to point B. Mario 64 and Banjo are fine games they're just not very good platformers. Mario 64 has great maneuverability but the levels don't take advantage of it in any way.

I think the general consensus is that it's alright on it's own but putting Banjo-Kazooie in it was fucking retarded

Ultima 7 is a terrible game

Controller is better than using a keyboard for about 90% of games that are worth playing.

There is literally nothing wrong with 30 fps. In many ways its superior to 60fps. 120fps and 144hz are just placebo

Mobile games are the best games ever made. You can literally play the entire steam library and ps4 on mobile with Xbox OR ps4 controller.

I dont really care about censorship since most of it is just weeb trash anyway. I'll start caring about censorship in video games when it stops being primarily about an anime girl's nipples being slightly less prominent.

Denuvo is a good thing for the industry and Video game piracy is bad. Not necessarily because it hurts companies but because you don't deserve their products for free.

If I see a game that I want I will buy it. Moral stances against video game companies is unbelievably pants on head retarded.

DmC is a perfectly good entry in the DMC series and is greatly improved if you take the writing as self satire

Naughty Dog and Bethesda are hands down the best developers in the industry

Fallout 76 is an excellent game, and the best in the series, due to the refined combat and variety in mission locations

More racial, gender, and queer representation in vidya is objectively good.

Dwarf Fortress is mediocre.

MGS1 has aged like shit, Peace Walker is the peak of the series

Horizion Zero Dawn is one of the best open world games ever made and overall a better game than Witcher 3

Old games that took specific autistic skills to be good at weren't usually like that because of engine constraints, horribly designed UIs, bug oversights and overall spaghetti code

Much of the perceived 'depth' of games pre-2005 is simply due to a lack of smoothness caused by poor programming ability and User Interface