I can't wrap my head around the lack of a proper fishing mechanic

I can't wrap my head around the lack of a proper fishing mechanic.

It reminds me of Pacific Rim where Japan didn't have their own robot.

Attached: botw.png (511x630, 517K)

finally an actual legitimate BotW complaint
BotW2 better have some real fucking fishing

>only the criticisms I agree with are valid
nintendweebs, everybody

It's the same reason why there's no underwater swimming. The game was insanely rushed.
Wind Waker was the same way. BotW has A LOT in common with Wind Waker.

Objectively correct.

post your "criticism", fucking do it

But fishing feels so much easier to do than going underwater.

wasn't Gypsy Danger a joint US-Japan project?

It would have still required work.
You'd need to make a fishing pole, fishing animations, special fish that can only be caught with poles, a fishing NPC, etc.
Keep in mind this is the same game that has 900 versions of the same half-dozen puzzles (korok seeds).

>The game was insanely rushed.
it had a dev cycle of 5 years

not that guy but...
>majority of the side quests in the game are fetch quests
>durability is way too harsh
>all of the "tests of strength" shrines are completely the same
>the story isn't very good and any sense of urgency is dashed after you find out you have been in a coma for a century
>divine beasts aren't very good dungeons

Attached: 1516238071433.png (359x366, 193K)

>no underwater swimming
>rushed
But user, there's no proof of there ever being underwater mechanics.
If they add some then that would be cool, but you're talking out of your ass, since they would have said since the game is so heavily documented upon in terms of what they wanted to add and what they didn't

Not him but I think the combat was terrible. There are quite a few poor design choices they made, I think because they didn't initially intend for it to be open world - or they did intend it and weren't sure how to handle it quite yet. There is really nothing to strive toward in the game, which to me is a pretty extreme weak point. Most earned rewards in the game are almost inconsequential. You never really need rupees except for...inconsequential rewards. The only time I can remember actually having a literal need for rupees was when I had to shell out for the outfit at the goron place so I could walk around without cooking, and even then you technically don't need that because you could just eat cold shit. Which is fine, I like the choice, but its just one example of how rewards are useless. Clothing is the only lasting reward. The conversation about the weapons has been done to death and most fans of the game (which I am one) will shill that its great and think it provides challenge but it doesnt. On one hand, its fucking dumb and irritating that your weapons just crumble to dust like its nothing in no time. The game compensates, you are literally never without a weapon. Which is what everyone who defends this method will claim, the game provides weapons. Yup. It does. So why even have them be so fragile? If you always have one, then there is no challenge in them being so frail. So why?

Well, because the combat sucks a fat dick and they needed something to add depth and that was their awful solution. Luckily you have the slate powers right off the bat to make the combat a little more bearable. Then the game has the balls to make the master sword unbreakable, but needs to charge. Its like they fucking KNEW how bad the system was. Well we cant have the MS explode, but itll break the game if it doesnt explode. Oh wait, it still doesnt break the game because you just have 50 other weapons to use, so we come back to why they break at all? Bad combat.

Japan did have a Jaeger. But it was destroyed and/or scrapped before the beginning of the film.

Attached: Tacit Ronin.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

>durability is way too harsh
I agree with everything you posted but this, although I wish they let you store weapons that are about to break and let you fix them using items you have at your disposal or at a blacksmith

1. The open world killed any sense of pacing or progression. When you balance your entire game around being done in any order, you throw out all semblance of progression, because every dungeon now has to be designed around different players having or not having different pieces of equipment and being at different levels of experience with the game. This was the main problem with ALBW too, and it's the reason even Ubisoft sandboxes make you go through story missions in a linear order.

2. Weapon degradation systems are not inherently bad, but in a game where you have no system in place for weapon repair, every enemy in the game has to drop a new weapon, which is why every enemy in the game is humanoid. In a game like BotW, which is easily a 100+ hour game, having only like three different enemy types is incredibly fucking tedious.

3. The shrines and Divine Beasts are all incredibly samey. Yeah, there's a handful of different shrine types (although, fuck "Mechanism" shrines), but the fact that they all have the exact same interior design makes them feel interchangeable and not the least bit memorable. This is an especially egregious problem because shrines are the bulk of the side content, and this is only compounded by the fact that several of the side quests in the game reward with you with the ability to do another goddamn shrine.

4. This is probably the most minor complaint, but it's one that's worth mentioning because it was ultimately the one that annoyed me the most: fuck the weather system. Anytime it rains, the game is effectively telling you, "Tough titties, fuckface, but you won't be doing any exploring today."

You should have been able to buy baseline weapons at blacksmiths.

>i agree with everything you posted except this thing
>although i wish they let you mitigate the thing i just said i dont agree with

>although I wish they let you store weapons that are about to break and let you fix them using items you have at your disposal or at a blacksmith
Also a decent idea but I just didn't like how frail most of the weapons in the game seem to be. Its cool when im exploreing out in the wild and I find this cool new weapons. It isn't cool however when it breaks not even two minutes later.
Just double the durability of most of the weapons in the game and in turn just spawn less weapons for the player to get.

Attached: 1477911164313.jpg (419x419, 33K)

Attached: 1490339301443.jpg (650x919, 45K)

No gf

why would they add boring fucking 90s fishing when you can

>bomb fish
>electrocute fish
>roast fish
>arrow fish
>bait fish

use your fucking brain before bitching, standing there with a faggot rod is a downgrade compared to actively fishing with weapons, bet you never fished in botw by choking spears at the fish like humans actually did in the past, FAGGOT

Kek I just don't hate the durability system, but I prefer playing through using sneak strikes and really thinking of fun ways to kill all of the enemies faster. I just hope BotW 2 adds a system like I suggested because It's better to have an inventory of weapons I enjoy and not shitty royal series weapons x100
If anything I hope the new game has a lot more unique bosses and weapons that come from killing them or performing other tasks
Master Sword being fully upgraded has amazing durability that should be applied to every other weapon. Dragon Quest Builders I felt did durability right since you could just make more weapons, and it's annoying that you have to clear a major test of strength if you ever want any ancient ++ weapons

They could easily just make dungeons with varying levels of difficulty that are technically possible to be done from the beginning, but very hard if you don't do easier ones first. I assume they think a bunch of idiots will stumble upon a very hard one and quit the game.

Attached: 1528838795174.jpg (736x931, 144K)

no idea why a new paragraph started suddenly instead of putting a period.

You're a fucking idiot.

Attached: 1498941734953.jpg (768x1024, 393K)

>weebs
Rent free, DilateStation.

Attached: 1560948435888.png (1080x1920, 626K)

Attached: 1490339865357.png (1290x1843, 2.06M)

>90s fishing

Attached: 1513712243397.jpg (1440x1080, 238K)

He's kind of right. Making a fishing rod out of sticks and wool thread would of course have been nice, but of all relaxing outdoor activities, why just fishing? You got hunting in the game all ready. Camping is nice when it rains. I wouldn't exactly call the lack of fishing such a negative.

>You got hunting in the game all ready
Yeah I do got hunting already.
This is part of why I find it baffling.

>"Yo man I got it ALL, man. I got Mortal Kombat. I got Guilty Gear. I got Smash Bros."
"Oh. Where's Street Fighter?"
>"No Street Fighter."
"... Really?"
>"Yeah no Street Fighter. Not even any."
"... Is there a reason why not?"
>"No comment."

Because fishing has been a part of the series since game 4. Sure, most Zelda games didn't incorporate fishing mechanics, but here the absence is notable because killing and eating fish is still a gameplay mechanic.

>insanely rushed

Devs save things for future titles for longevity

You must really enjoy fishing. I can relate, cought one once, but it chewed through the line sadly.

Your analogy sort of falls apart a little since nintendo never advertised botw as a game where you could use any hunting activity to get food, and probably never bothered to put fishing in since it would have taken time. Of course, this means we never got that fishing-competition from Oot and TP.

Has it? I don't remember the handhelds having fishing, and LttP, MM, WW, and ALBW didn't have fishing.

Fishing with a bomb is way more fun than regular fishing.

Its a nod to the timeline, you can't fish in the Dark timeline games.

You could fish in Link's Awakening

This method is too easy to get fish with.
And being that there's a method that's too easy, they didn't make any really VALUABLE fish that are challenging to get.
There'd be no point putting something shiny behind such a weak barrier of difficulty.

I loved BotW and I agree with every word of this post.

It really bummed me out since BotW would have been the perfect game to chill out and do some fishing with, they could have even made an entire minigame out of it utilizing the HD rumble and gyro.

Bombing a river is humorous the first few times but it's not something you can derive lasting enjoyment out of.

Attached: 1190529516495.jpg (200x154, 7K)

MM 3D has an added fishing hole

It's stupid, and not as fun as regular fishing unless you're an edgy retard. Definitely not a good excuse not to include actual fishing.

Cool. It was a damn shame how fast the Russia and China Jaegers went down.

Yes, how else do you think this shit works?

>they didn't include my random-ass feature that doesn't fit but I wanted anyways
>this means the game was extremely rushed
Classic Yea Forums.

Just speed up Link's strafe and dodge a little, even if it means removing the witch time.

The Zora armor or something should have made you immune to slipping while climbing in rain or something.

Not that guy but
>The open world is almost barren, there is barely anything to do that's not Koroks and Shrines. Although the world is massive and vibrant ironically the desert is the only place that has anything in it that's actually interesting to do to pass the time. Wind Waker had a better open world than this game and it was 40% sailing on open water.
The dungeons are boring, and too few. There's barely anything inside of them, they feel more like a random side quest from any of the other Zeldas with how much they have inside of them. It feels like how Half-life 2's puzzles were in that they were just a tech demo of the new engine that valve made at the time. Literally every other zelda had better dungeon puzzles than this game.
>The story is worse than any of the other zeldas, hands down. There's barely any character to it and they could've went so much farther with what was present in the game. The only moments in the game where it felt like it was actually telling a good story were the empty places that just told the story by visuals. Those being the Battlefield outside of the fortress, the lake hyalia bridge, and Hyrule castle itself. You could see in small areas where former soldiers died fighting the machines and it told a massively more interesting story than "Ganon is bad and nearly killed link, everyone is dead, but not really, go to the cul de sac remains of the villages that still exist for some reason and spray some frebreeze on ganons turds he left inside the power zords we built to kill him.
How do you fuck up something like that? You make it boring, the entire game is boring, Everytime you find something that you think is going to be interesting it's just a korok seed or a shrine.
>Oh fuck look at that massive fucking dragons! I can't wait to see what that's all about
>Oh it's just something you shoot at to farm for mats for armor you don't need
>Oh wait this one has weird shit growing all over it.
>Oh wait it's over in two minutes.

(cont)
>Oh ok well this bridge looks interesting. Maybe I can find something here that's interesting
>Oh wow look at all the ruins, must've been something that happened here.
>Well all I found was this spear and a lizardboi, was hoping to find something like a journal or something to read, guess I'll guess I'll go look for something else.
>Oh wow look at all these robot corpses, there has to be something here.
>Dude you can see where the final stand was, that's fucking depressing. Well this was cool to explore, if this is cool there has to be something else interesting.
>Oh no it's just the first thing I've found that's actually being interesting. It's just an empty field with a few still living robots pissing about with an empty house that's suppose to be someone's house.
The entire game is like that, thinking you're going to find something way more interesting than what the game actually has in it. It's a glorified tech demo of a game. It's barely outside of an alpha build in terms of what it actually has inside of it. The only reason it has any saving grace is that the core of the game is based on solid foundations, so it at least feels good to play it just has nothing of any substance to it. N64 games had better overworlds than this game, they just weren't as large. SKYRIM had a better overworld than BoTW, fucking Adventure's of Link had a better overworld than this game.

Don't bother. BotW apologists never actually reply to criticism. They just whine when someone talks about the game with anything but lavish praise bordering on fellatio.