Which mods will rejuvenate this geriatric scrotum of a game into playability in Current Year +4?

Which mods will rejuvenate this geriatric scrotum of a game into playability in Current Year +4?

Attached: 1560796401680m.jpg (1024x683, 138K)

You are too young to enjoy it. Skyrim is the game for you.

This game requires patience and the ability to read, if you don't have those abilities go play Skyrim like I said.

Git
gud

make the text a little bigger so it's easier to see
otherwise that's it

If you have to ask, then this game is not for you. Stick to Skyrim or the Witcher 3.

I can tolerate the Great Wall of Text. My issues are
>dice roll combat where you miss at poiny blank
>no fast travel
>getting lost
>N64 eyesore graphics

vanilla is perfect. code patch and mgexe if you want it to run better

play a different game instead, you don't deserve to touch morrowind

>Morrowind's skill system
Holy shit what a disaster, what the fuck was Todd thinking

what exactly is wrong with it?

OpenMW, Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords and Province Cyrodiil are literally all you need.

Attached: TES Chapter III Map.png (643x768, 909K)

Still not as bad as Oblivion’s where you were better off putting the skills you actually wanted to use as minor skills.

>dice roll combat
it's an rpg unlike your precious souls shit
>no fast travel
there are numerous form of fast travel
>getting lost
are you retarded?
>n64 eyesore graphics
grow up

It's an RPG my friend, based on DnD type rolls. Trust me, when you get super powerful you will legitimately miss how difficult starting out was. There is fast travel via Silt Striders, Divine/Almsivi Intervention, Mark, Recall, and Mages Guild teleportation. You're meant to actually explore Vvardenfell, not go from fast travel point to fast travel point. Getting lost can be frustrating die to some NPCs giving bad directions occasionalmy but it plays into the exploitation. I once got lost and found a Stronghold, looted it and found boots that gave me levitation. You can download a myriad of mods for graphics so that's not even an issue at all.

Fair Magicka Regen is the only mod I recommend but you dont even really need that

>three HIGHLY unfinished mods are all you need

fast travel isn't a problem if you have like 500 drakes on you at all times

Skyrim sounds more your speed OP.

>don't like Telvanni
>every single modding effort is put into exclusively Telvanni
>from Rise of House Telvanni, Uviryth's Legacy, to the Telvanni part of the mainland being the first to be fully completed

Fuck off

What ISN'T wrong with it?

thankfully not an argument, as there are games, even whole series, with actually good systems in place

Attached: itsfucked.png (1089x620, 74K)

>>dice roll combat where you miss at poiny blank
Spec into what you want at the start and don't run into endgame areas
>>no fast travel
SiLt StRiDeRs
>>getting lost
There's this cool key that opens something called an inventory it has a "Map". "Map"s are used to find where you are in relation to the world.
>>N64 eyesore graphics
Still objectively better than Oblivion and Skyrim

They're still more finished than any of the official content since morrowind's release

Yeah, Morrowind's leveling system is not great. Ideally Bethesda could find a way to implement the Perk system with Stats but that would take effort on Bethesda' s part so it won't happen.

Add onto this that you should level endurance first to ensure you achieve your maximum potential health. Bethesda is crawling with roleplayers, but clearly they never hired any rollplayers or they wouldn't even consider this shit.

>wanting to play another generic Todd Howard RPG but from 2002
It may be old but it's still shit-ass Bethesda and Todd. Just play any other classics you've missed. Gothic 1/2, Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2, you know, real games

>gothic
lmao you're too transparent

>telling someone who can't handle Morrowind to play real CRPGs
user, if he is complaining about diceroll mechanics why the FUCK would he want to play any of those?

Or Tribunal.

Apparently Bethesda never anticipated someone starting a New Game with it installed. Enjoy your assassin attack at level 3.

This aspect of the leveling system is not as bad as people make out. No Bethesda game has ever been balanced around the assumption the player is going to min-max. You will still be an untouchable god in Morrowind even if you casually play and wind up mostly getting +2 or +3 on level ups. Attributes just really aren't that important to a character. Skill level is what matters most.

Attached: 1530634047747.png (859x774, 93K)

Im gonna start a new playthrough and I wanna keep the game challenging throughout and also actually have to think a bit more. My ground rules so far are. No glitches or the like obviously. Must sleep as soon as possible after a level up no saving points for dem optimal levels. Can only equip better gear at higher levels like no glass till 20 for example. No exploity shit like alchemy for infinite stats. Finally no theft or crime in general unless it is directly required to complete a quest. Anything else?

Just play Rebirth, it balances the game and makes it more challenging.

>no fast travel
There are many options for fast travel.
>getting lost
Literally git gud.
>N64 eyesore graphics
Shit taste.

Morrowind's skill system is one of the reasons it's great.

>Planescape Torment
>real game
Nigga, that piece of media is basically an interactive book.

Level your skill up to at least 40
>no fast travel
Quit being a faggot. Stiltriders, boats, scrolls, mages guilds, and the daedric temples exist if you absolutely insist on sucking dicks.
>getting lost
Read your journal.
>N64 eyesore graphics
Remove penis from mouth.

big dick mod
hard dick mod

>Can only equip better gear at higher levels like no glass till 20 for example.
This is the only thing in your list that is potentially going to make the game a challenge. And even then, probably not. Morrowind is not a hard game. You don't need to cheat or abuse exploits or anything to breeze through it.

What are your favorite retexture modes?

I'm going to play it for the first time soon, without any mods. Any advice for what class I should pick for a first run?

Come, look upon the heart

upon the heart

suicide mod

My advice is stealth based classes are shit, don't even bother. A warrior build is great for a lazy, casual play through. Mage build is great for ridiculously OP broken play through.

Whatever you choose, pick at least 1 weapon type and 1 armour type as your main skills. Mysticism is also great to have.

just go melee nord if you want a straightforward game, then when you know what you're in for you can start branching into magic or alchemy

Even if you don't want mods you should at least get the Morrowind Code Patch as it fixes a lot of things about the base game that are poorly implemented. That or get OpenMW it has the MCP native to it. I think a standard warrior will be good for a first time run. Here's a cookie cutter character, Dunmer works well too

Race: Nord (Nords are immune to Frost and 50% Resistant to Lighting, that's huge)
Class: Anything you want but just make sure Axe is a Major skill
Specialization: Combat
Favored Attributes: Agility and Endurance
Sign: Lady (A 25 point boost to Endurance and Personality is huge early game, especially Personality)

Use axes, medium/heavy armors, when you have money train up with skills you'd like to use but keep tone weapon type so you can get a better grasp of combat.

You swit.

Attached: 1554234350643.jpg (917x640, 53K)

this post has SOUL

Just go custom. Make sure for your major skills you have one weapon preferably melee and an armor. Dont go athletics or acrobatic at all because it will cause you to level really quickly but only in speed its weird. Finnaly whatever you choose try and get your race to fit with it as it matters dont wanna end up like those miss webms ay m8? Finnaly try not to google anything unless your super duper lost. It will make finding even a single piece of daedric armor feel that much better.

Ooh
Ooh

Don't fight with low stamina
You're going to miss a lot until your weapon skill gets up, so pick a weapon type that you start with higher skill in
Buy some fucking training

Is there a more memorable video game antagonist?

Attached: 5548763.jpg (540x540, 91K)

Attached: 1527279205836.jpg (600x2169, 407K)

Yes many.

Also how could he not know that there were weapons that could defeat him/his plan? I haven't played Morrowind since 2006 so I'm probably not remembering the explanation.

Ur knew about Kagrenac's Tools, he was counting on the Nerevarine bringing them to him and him being able to kill the Nerevarine. Ur seemingly needed Kagrenac's Tools to speed his plans up.

Been a good long while since I last killed ol daggy but if memory serves he wasnt sure what you were going to do when you got there. I dont think he expected you to destroy the heart. And while near the heart dagoth was immortal so as far as he was concerned you were no threat.

Thoughts on Julan Ashlander Companion?

spec high into the weapon you want to use from the beginning and watch your fatigue
>no fast travel
silt striders, mark/recall, almsivi intervention, divine intervention
>getting lost
retard
>N64 eyesore graphics
mgo or some such

>Don't fight with low stamina
Generally it's a bad idea to do ANYTHING at low fatigue. Fatigue acts as a multiplier for the chance of success at most things the player can do. Basically, at 0 your chance of success is multiplied by 0.75, at 50% fatigue it's multiplied by 1 and at 100% fatigue it multiplied by 1.25. Sometimes 100% fatigue results in a multiplier of 1 instead of 1.25. Whether it's picking a lock, mixing a potion, casting a spell, trying to persuade an NPC or whatever, if you do it with low fatigue you are more likely to fail at it. If I remember correctly failed attempts don't contribute to skill level increases so there's just nothing to be gained by trying anything at any time other than max fatigue which makes the game kind of a pain in the ass because you'll be walking a lot of the time to preserve fatigue.

Getting a constant effect 4 fatigue regen essentially eliminates fatigue as a mechanic. That and 1 point in slowfall constant are the only constant effects I ever get.

>1 slowfall
My nigga

Attached: 1554233023692.jpg (690x960, 82K)

>no fast travel
This isn't an issue. Also the game has methods of fast travel, they're just implemented immersively instead of letting the player click a map icon.
>getting lost
Jesus.

Attached: 1552755167079.jpg (572x621, 104K)

>>getting lost
>Jesus.
To be fair, these sorts of games did used to come packaged with physical maps for player reference. I replayed Morrowind for the first time in ages recently and I got a quest requiring me to travel from Balmora to Tel Vos. I had no idea where Tel Vos was or how to get there. It wasn't marked on the ingame map. It wasn't a topic I could ask anyone in Balmora about. Was I supposed to just wander around aimlessly until I happened to stumble upon it or someone who could tell me where it is? Fuck that. I opened a browser and looked at the map. What I worked out to do to get there was take a silt strider from Balmora to Vivec, walk from Vivec to Ebonhart, take a boat from Ebonhart to Sadrith Mora and then another boat form Sadrith Mora to Tel Vos. Yeah, this is great immersion and all but without a map and some knowledge about the various travel systems in the game it's going frustrate the fuck out of you.

age has nothing do with your enjoyment of a game.

Game is overrated garbage.

haven't seen this before, literally crying laughing right now

>Yeah, this is great immersion and all but without a map and some knowledge about the various travel systems in the game it's going frustrate the fuck out of you.
I guess, it just depends on the person, really. While you find that frustrating I actually like that I sometimes have to go out of my way to find out where certain areas are located on the map.

On a slightly related note, I played through Morrowind for the first time around the beginning of last year and I don't remember ever having an issue finding the general location of quest-related locations (most of the time you could ask the quest giver about the location or read about it in a book nearby said npc). I think the only time I legitimately got lost was when you had to find a specific cave in the ashlands for the main questline and I kept walking past the entrance for whatever reason.