Some new Tales of Arise info

>They can't reveal Alphen's age yet but compared to previous protagonists he's older.

>Since he can't feel pain his allies are worried about him gravely injuring himself, and put him in heavy armor.

>The Flame Sword is one of the key items in the story.

>Alphen being the only one who can use the Flame Sword is important to the storyline. However if he were to keep using it, it would burn his hand and injure him. They'll talk about how that ties into the game design later.

>Shionne is being pursued by other Renans because of her curse, and runs into Alphen.

>Because she is Renan she can use weapons like guns.

Attached: tales-of-arise-closeup-screenshot.jpg (1070x529, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2019/06/19/tales-of-arises-producer-gives-more-details-on-main-characters-alphen-and-shionne/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it, do I have to play the previous tales games before this one?

It's set in a completely new universe. It's like FF where you have to play previous titles to understand the story.

*Don't

Give me a kino romance story, Tales.

>The Flame Sword is one of the key items in the story.
>>Alphen being the only one who can use the Flame Sword is important to the storyline. However if he were to keep using it, it would burn his hand and injure him. They'll talk about how that ties into the game design later.
Yes, we know.
We've all played Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

>xenoblade 2 invented flame swords now
fuck off xenokek

I actually think there's gonna be a romance this time. I'm excited boys

>flame sword important to the story
Check
>flame sword connected to the female companion
Check
>weeb sit
Check

>Alpheb is older
Does this mean he won't be a bitch and actually kiss the heroine?

Just like how we all thought there was gonna be a romance between Sorey and Alisha. For all we know Alphen might be a homo.

Where’s the source? Or are you just pulling this shit out of your ass?

I tried berseria yesterday as my first tales game and the combat is unbearable. I just finished ys origin and I feel like I’ve stepped 20 years back

>romance
It seems to have an edgy tone. There won’t be any romance, comedy, etc. Only edgy, gloomy shit. The skits will be super serious and not fun.

It was in Famitsu
siliconera.com/2019/06/19/tales-of-arises-producer-gives-more-details-on-main-characters-alphen-and-shionne/

They said it was going to be a mix between serious and light hearted

When did anyone think there was going to be a romance between them?

You'd be surprised, the mods at Abyssal Chronicles thought that there was going to be a love story and even after Sorey rejected Alisha in public and didn't want to see her again, they still believe that Sorey likes her, or was too innocent toi understand (despite the game being it clear that he did understand but he just wasn't interested).

Lots of people did before it released due to screenshots. Which makes me believe that there was originally going a romance. But that's another story.

Name literally one single game which does it all faggot

She inflicts pain on anyone she touches and he is a person who can't feel pain. This doesn't sound like an edgy premise for a romance, in fact it can be quite a heartwarming one since she was probably denied human warmth for her entire life.

>lots of good elements for a romance
>likely nothing's going to happen
oh no no

You forgot Shionne is voiced by Mythra

I mean, we have a higher chance of getting actual romance since Baba is gone from the company.

>Since he can't feel pain his allies are worried about him gravely injuring himself, and put him in heavy armor.
>his armor is a full body retard helmet

Attached: 1542099024143.jpg (277x205, 15K)

Before Zestiria released a lot of promo material featured them together.

Then the the MC can feel pain again and drama ensues. It’s so predictable or they will subvert us by dispelling her curse and cucks MC with someone else

When has the MC gotten with someone other than the main heroine sans graces

They fuck and dispel each other's curses.

The hall of anal devestation would be legendary.

Who's doing the art this time?

Attached: d1s2wqx-9c68052f-62bc-481b-9fb4-4b0dfdd1d9c4.png (703x805, 253K)

"Can't feel pain"

Cut to when he can feel pain for his friends and shit

Iwamoto

I can't wait for Tales of Kino. They literally couldn't design this game better. It just need gameplay that doesn't need 12325436 "combo" mashing

Why are graphics/models of this like in GE3?
Also...
>pink-haired heroine
Shit taste.

Choose

Attached: IMG_0950-600x381.png (600x381, 419K)

fuck off she has an amazing dress and use guns, she's 10/10

>pink
>worst color
>worst anime characters
Fact.

>>They can't reveal Alphen's age yet but compared to previous protagonists he's older.

told you bro, tales is getting westernized

Wew Alphen is probably 30

And she's from the moon as a bonus, not to mention the sword
12/10

Probably not 30 but 25-27 doesn't seem too unreasonable

In case of Tales games it's a good thing.

>main characters are angry all the time
>only serious plot allowed no jokes
>one of them will probably die at the end
>no pet character, no loli party member

good

Attached: ''old'' men.jpg (278x209, 20K)

Or... Japan finally decided to go back in times in which their protagonists had fully grown dicks instead of strangely shaped pussies.

Attached: then-now.jpg (1700x1199, 738K)

God i hope not
kek

Jade a best

Sounds like a vast improvement over the complete cringefest Tales were in the last decade.

eren is based though, he is about to commit genocide

Which Tales girl looks like they fuck black dudes?

>Tales game has an old man character
>he's actually legitimately an old man
Rowen was great.

Attached: 1540295581664.png (898x497, 517K)

He was a piece of trash and among the worst shounenshit protagonists for 10 years, nothing will change it.

Velvet for sure

Attached: 3c6f33e9266e81f1457463e044776c55.png (773x1033, 372K)

Actually Tales has been nothing but edgelord shit for a decade, that is the main problem.

he's actually my favorite of the bunch, extremely underrated character

Attached: 523dd431b46ec1a21d3dbe9e149eb048.jpg (426x640, 88K)

Considering the story it makes no sense for Sorey to hook up with a human. The head writer shot the idea down.

the only super edgy one was the last one, what the fuck are you on about

B- but user Sorey had to learn how to kill other humans and Ludger sacrificed himself.

This is just an old anime trope.
It's been done hundreds of times.
Guilty Crown, Code Geass,Darling in the FranXX, Bleach, etc.

>Or... Japan finally decided to go back in times in which their protagonists had fully grown dicks instead of strangely shaped pussies.
I hope you're not an idiot who thinks that the image you posted is true, or that we haven't had grown protagonists over the years.

They're in Smash Ultimate Fighters Pass!
>Colette is possibly leaked by a Japanese user on twitter who said that the DQ hero has no female alts.
>Lloyd was leaked by Mii Swordfighter's glitch that is shared with Duck Hunt (which they leaked a playable Banjo)
>Every DLC fighter has to do with multiple entities (P. Plant summons Petey in its final smash and it can be seen watering Pikmin in the panorama only, the DQ hero has slime in his taunt and he can summon the other DQ heroes in his final smash, Joker has his Persona and he can summon Morgana in all of his taunts as well appearing in Joker's victory poses and his final smash along with the rest of the Phantom Thieves, Banjo and Kazooie are a duo like Duck Hunt and he can summon the Jinjonator and the Jinjos in his final smash)
Lloyd and Colette will might share one spot and they might function like the cut Diddy and Dixie duo in Brawl.

Attached: 1560896356954.png (640x960, 281K)

I'm expecting this plot point or something similar to it to replace the traitor trope.

but the traitors are the best characters in their games

MC is the traitor

How much of a bitch will Shionne be?

Super Tsundere, then super dere.
It makes the most sense.
Imagine never being able to be with people then you meet the one guy you can be with.
She's gonna be cold at first then become the best tales waifu of all time.

But for some reason I don't think this game is gonna be a happy ending.

Richard also killed people on cold blood during graces f

I hope not. These past few endings have been depressing as fuck.

So basically Tear?

Alphen is so hot bros. Hope the female lead is a good enough for self inserting purposes

>A dark skinned man is an opressed slave looking for freedom from the light skinned girl's nation
What did they mean by this?

Attached: Tales-of-Arise_06-15-19_001.jpg (600x337, 85K)

Not much edge when you think about it..

>asbel: friendship personified. Zero edge.
>Jude: dumb kid who follows chick to save the world in the hopes of getting laid. Zero edge.
>ludger:"I'm Baba's self insert" low edge
>sorey:"I'm basically Jesus Christ" low edge
>velvet:"I pretend to be all about revenge but really, I'm just a dumb bitch" medium edge.

Richard has "muh lambda" brainwashing for his nonsense. In the postgame everyone kinda glosses over and laugh off him slaughtering his uncle.

Bruh why is Alphen so black?

I'm surprised we haven't seen any anime visuals yet

>I pretend to be all about revenge but really, I'm just a dumb bitch
Velvet literally was all about revenge and she wasn't at all dumb. She was very self aware, she just didn't care how her actions effected other people, for the most part.

So XB2 ripped off Guilty Crown then.

>shitting on Touman and Chadren
Extremely gay.

The oldest character in the party is always the best. Prove me wrong.

This game looks so fucking ugly

looks like the same skin color as kongman

Attached: Kongman4.jpg (480x600, 109K)

Shionne is getting DAHNA'ed for sure.

>No Reine
>No Pascal
>No Judith
>No Fractured Milla
No thanks

Well, we did have a romance with Emil and Marta.

Attached: __emil_castagnier_and_marta_lualdi_tales_of_symphonia_knight_of_ratatosk_and_etc_drawn_by_daybreak__ (450x499, 237K)

>that look
Nier the Father?

>In the postgame everyone kinda glosses over and laugh off him slaughtering his uncle.
can you blame them? cedric was a massive cunt

>ludger:"I'm Baba's self insert" low edge
Despite being voiceless at first and being able to pick his responses, I never considered Ludger a self insert character. He's not really a blank slate.