Why are all 40K video games so fucking awful?

why are all 40K video games so fucking awful?

Attached: spacemarine.png (1274x487, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LOi3CzZjV0M
youtu.be/F6NJRz7bmM0
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
youtube.com/watch?v=jlJPnElXKM0
youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY&list=PLDNCCj46C34AgW7314tDcizn8qFcoENLO
youtube.com/watch?v=4VXUDlcr0qI
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584049706
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they had a good run ten years ago

Because they try to be too close to the table top, and keep things balanced, instead of getting as crazy as the fluff.

Attached: You gonna get - wait for it.webm (1280x582, 2.9M)

Attached: Raped.webm (1280x582, 2.93M)

Attached: Emperor's Finest.webm (1280x584, 2.83M)

those videos are so fucking kino

Attached: Flashlight.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Attached: They Shall Know No Fear.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

whats not acceptable is that the movies and pretty much everything else is absolute shit as well

Traitor Guardsmen!

Attached: 1487076379812.png (184x208, 38K)

Attached: Maximum firepower.webm (1280x582, 2.69M)

dawn of war 1 is amazing though

This ain't even worth a 'bait' pic. Here's you're (you) OP, now go back o sucking cock.

GAMES WORKSHOP

Attached: Heretics Assemble.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

Attached: Drop it like it's hot.webm (1280x582, 2.88M)

Some are fun like Armada.

I just want an Ork looter shooter with vehicles.

Attached: Mad WAAAGH Orks at the borders edition.png (943x297, 46K)

All I want is a videogame implementation of the Warhammer 40k table-top game. Is that too much to ask?

honestly yes.

Because good game developers want to realise their own ideas.

i thought there were tabletop simulators

Why are they so huge?

Games Workshop are tyrannical about their IPs

Mutants probably.

Because they all focus on the boring ass mary sue space paladins

Give me a game about the fucking orkz

dawn of war.

because 40k is trash only liked by unironic edgelords

Huge guts.

My understanding is that they're nobles and psykers who led a (failed) revolt on a planet. If they're nobles they'll have benefited from gene treatments.

I am still sad about how Dawn of War 3 flopped and died immediately. I really loved DOW1, and it is sad to see the franchise handled so poorly.

Imagine a tactical turn-based RTS on the scale of the tabletop game

Attached: 7EA2C7B0-47C1-49E8-A699-8B53CC67BD9C.jpg (750x1085, 419K)

>have awesome lore and universe
>repeatedly hire the cheapest chinkshitter shithouse devs to rape it in the butthole at every available opportunity on every available platform to ensure you have maximum market saturation of incredibly bland/mediocre to outright awful games to sell on the name alone to the autistic W40K core.

Is there a canon fire rate for standard bolters? I always imagined something like ~600 rounds per minute, but in the latest Astartes short they’re firing at insane rates.

Why'd someone put this much effort on a 'mere revolt band'? I understand animating something organic, which chaos and nids usually are would be harder by fuck ton, but they could just opt for dark eldars or something similar with this story.. Shame.

None really, he's definitely taking liberties with their firing rate I feel though.
Either way the series is fucking kino.

>Videos show marines walking through hellgun and autocannon fire and never getting hurt or anything
>Meanwhile on the tabletop my tiny elf girl wipes out a whole squad in a round of close combat

Attached: 44f.jpg (400x358, 122K)

A lot of lame and retarded people with their heads up their assess took over the industry and that brings little hope for a good WH40k game.

It's clear there's something in the vault and it's probably chaos related.

It already exists. It’s called Sanctus reach

Sanctus reach.

It's more fun writing fanfiction than trying to create a 40K game that has balance.

40K is basically creating game where everybody is Superman levels of power and strength and there has never been a good Superman game.

That’s one of my few complaints. That auto cannon in the crawl space should’ve done SOME damage, even if it’s just minor dings. Hell even the lasgun emplacement left scorch marks.

Mechanicus is great, if a little simple

The fire rate is clearly adjustable.

low budgets and not really interested in making stellar game.

Considering the number of spess mehreen it's pretty clear it's very least minor demon on power scale

It could also be some iron man, which I think would be even cooler

I’m behind on lore. Is Rowboat Girlyman actually enacting meaningful reforms?

>iron man
Man of Iron
But it in fact might be some form of Abominable Intelligence

You already know about the good ones, there's no reason to address your little outburst any further.

Because GW is fucking retarded and don't know how to properly milk a franchise.
Just one (1) W40k RPG or FPS km a reputable studio will blow this IP through the fucking roof but NOPE LET'S JUST MAKE SOME MORE INDIE MOBILE SHIT.

How strong is a minor demon that it requires this many Space Marines?

Give Final Liberation a try, a pretty good and underrated game imo.

The scale of the tabletop game is minuscule compared to Dawn of War.

The nurgling one that infests everyone and makes them into nurgling that infests everyone

>>Because GW is fucking retarded and don't know how to properly milk a franchise.
A big studio will always seek to milk their own IP rather than bothering with an established one.
Fantasy being dead is a boon for devs because that means they can do whatever they want. 40k is still going, devs would not get to do anything meaningful on a galactic scale.
And its better this way.

Those videos really show how ridiculous the warhammer 40k universe is. Those two bad guys in the video are low tier kiddy psychics compared to the strongest psychic beings in the 40k universe and they nearly took out an entire space marine troop all by themselves.

Maybe it's still too niche and will never be more than what it is.

Not when Epic 40K was a thing, also the camera in DoW is trash and far too zoomed in for large scale stuff to be anything other than a mess.

And it will attract retards of all sorts who will whine non stop about all the shit that is popular to whine about today

I don't really understand what happened in Did he get caught off guard or something? Like he was about to do something then stopped and as a result he gets knifed. Also what's that field around them?

That's a different tabletop game. Also camera zoom mod and limit remover mod.

I love Space Marine but if you replaced all the 40k elements with anything else I probably wouldnt.

But being able to just hammer niggers as a Space Marine in a simple shoot-n-slash was enough for me to love it.

>A big studio will always seek to milk their own IP rather than bothering with an established one.

Thats incorrect. In fact, MOST large IP games are handled by proven devs.

40k has tons of potential for video games but for some reason GW is content with letting in wallow in fucking grid-based turn-based dog shit when the people want
-amazing RTS
or
-Space Marine on steroids

dawn of war 2 is great if you're me

Is this out in full or is it still being teased?

Attached: 1546649406790.gif (612x612, 164K)

He got caught off guard and knocked the space marines gun out of his hand but it was too late and the space marine shoved his combat knife into his skull. This caused a psychic feedback that disabled the 2nd psyckers abilities and the other space marine knifed him as well

As I understand it, psychic feedback from the force shield dissapating threw the other guy off guard and then subsequently let go of the marine in front.

it's weird they don't do a TLoU/nu-GoW sort of action game especially when Space Marine proved the formula already

Still being developed. It's just one guy and he takes somewhere between 3-5 months per part. I don't think he's said how many there will be either.

So that's what it was. Man if that's an issue they really should stand further apart.

space marines plot armor kill kill kill stab stab stab

Dawn of War 1 was fucking great, even if the gameplay shit the bed with the expansions.

He was right about everything.

I am having difficulties finding a game from a big IP that was made by big, established devs.
In any case I don't see GW refusing a dev the IP. So the most logical conclusion is that the devs don't feel like getting into 40k.

the description on his channel says 5

Should it though? The auto-cannon was hitting them in the shoulder guards from the side, pretty much the worst place to shoot to penetrate their armor. He may have gotten some kills if he was firing to their front and just contenting with torso armor.

Attached: 1442358968181.gif (800x708, 2.94M)

Holy shit. Aren't those Bolters with 75mm APHE rounds? How are they blocking that with their shields?

That wouldn't have helped as they are linked in some way. Like they each have a missing limb that the other has or some shit.
youtu.be/F6NJRz7bmM0

If you watch carefully none of them even got hit

.75 caliber so about 19mm.
But that is not that uncommon.

Because psychers and shit

>75mm
.75 cal is not 75mm

I would like to at least see a "real time", 40K Total War game. (not that crazy considering they allowed the fantasy warhammer one)

There are different patters of bolter, so there is probably a wide range of firing rates.

Attached: ra9rPrh.webm (960x462, 106K)

>pathetic marine flees from psykerchads at incredible high speed

Attached: d78ceww-6a0b63a7-8b09-430a-914b-e2d5291120d1.png (3200x2000, 3.51M)

Because

1. Games workshop are cheap bastards

2. They would never make a true tabletop replacement game because it would cause the mini game to suffer

>two stage trigger
It's the little things

Attached: 1508607017597.jpg (811x537, 87K)

>why are all 40K video games so fucking awful?
because us fantasychads are stealing all the good game juice

Attached: BIypfYX.png (515x515, 238K)

They may be siamese twins or some shit (as noted by that user one is missing the left arm and the other the right arm)that were linked psychically, the death of one caused a loss of concentration in the other.

How's Space Hulk: Deathwing guys? I see it on sale right now and it looks pretty lit.

Attached: space.jpg (1200x675, 254K)

he's literally running towards him

God damn, ASTARTES' videos give me a fucking boner.

Attached: 1502111756274.jpg (388x372, 64K)

Just make xcom with 40k boom done

That wouldn't even work though because Space Marines are so strong though. Unless it's not with Space Marines.

Middle of the road not great not fully terrible factual 5/10 repetitive with poor multiplayer and dumb AIs.
Pretty good ambient design tho.

I'm sincerely shocked that there hasn't been a real attempt at 40k film yet.

Ultramarines doesn't really count.

Is there not a single studio that sees potential in the franchise? It's not like good special effects actually cost all that much,Hollywood is just good at creative accounting for tax reasons; inflate the budge enough that no film is ever profitable, despite these studios getting enough income to keep running.

Do they think there wouldn't be enough of an audience? That it doesn't have broad enough appeal? I'd have thought that in the wake of Game of Thrones people would be crying out for grimdark sci-fi as a counterpart to the fantasy not that I'd want it to turn out as a political drama

It had a lot of potential but it's pretty bad. It's hard to explain with how much is wrong with it. You don't feel like a Terminator. You feel like a wet paper bag because the weakest genestealer still fucks you in the ass and 1 hit from the big boss is enough to kill you outright. Weapons feel weak but look great. If you have ever played Space Beast Terror Fright it's essentially a reskin of that.

This retarded post need to be deleted. There are plenty of strong enemies which Space Marines have to face. They are not even strong just medicore. YOu are stupid fucking faggot.

Ai is retarded both friendly and enemy. You need 4 players to do higher difficulty Co op and online is dead so unless you have 3 friends you're fucked. Guns feel good though and environments are extremely well done.

>t. canon traitor

Space Marines on their own are tremendously overpowered

Space Marines in 40k, pitted against Chaos, Eldar, Tau, Orks and Nids, are in even playing fields

>this big ass guy was running and they didn't even notice him
Is their armor specially made to be silent too?

Too big, fascistic to the extreme, not a good guy to go around.
Doing an IG movie would be just a war movie with a future theme of which there are a thousand already.
In general its such a kitchen sink made of Dune, Starship Troopers, Judge Dredd, a pinch of fantasy elements. Terminator, and Gundam that anything would rightfully appear derivative in a 1h30minutes format.

are you okay?

Attached: 1540701584584.jpg (623x414, 197K)

Necron focused game WHEN???
dark crusade was an expansion pack not a full game

Attached: 1542068684157.jpg (2550x3300, 861K)

It can be. Maybe those are Raven Guards descendants.
Mk6 Corvus power armour was built for stealth.

Fire Warrior was good.

>one of the biggest memes of the early 2000s
>now is hated
HMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: 1207409077755.jpg (400x400, 292K)

Noticing 1 guy running is kinda hard when you're being suppressed by 4 space marines all moving about as well

no im not okay. You are stupid.

What about a Smaller scale total war style game?

maybe they'll release the DoW3 necron stuff standalone after AoE4

Running something into the ground is good way to make people hate it.
Retards who think repeating something ad nauseam is the height of humor are the usual cause.

>DoW3

Attached: 1536854905512.jpg (535x464, 77K)

im not even him

ever thought of joining the world eaters?

I think 40k is fucking cool desu.

>Necron focused game WHEN???
Mechanicus

>total war

Attached: 1553907709723.png (629x670, 515K)

They announced that they gave up on the game and will not support it

Well just in the overall map style and troop movement. Have it more focused and zoomed in.

>play as some martians worshipping a dead c'tan in the ground and a dead corpse in a chair
no thanks

>tfw the best video game we have to most accurately represent 40k is Ultimate Apocalypse
Figures that a mod is something that tries its best to represent the franchise

Everyone that is fan enough to know about W40k is a broke nerd, and big companies won't do a game about fantasy fascism that works, racism, xenophobia, and utter grimndarkness

I mean even in DoW2, they turned the space marines from dick, hateful zealots into rightful paladdins of righteousness and wisdom. Not even DoW2 could keep the gray areas of the whole factions right because "muh gud guys and muh bad guys"

in W40k everyone is evil. EVERYONE. you just choose what kind of evil suits you better. But americans can't into ambiguous morality. That takes freethink that died mid 2007.

Attached: disdain for plebs.jpg (400x462, 26K)

An Horus Heresy trilogy focused on the nature of man when?

Why couldn't they just do what they did for Warhammer Fantasy in Total War? That games pretty fucking gud.

that's why i'm saying sequel, same engine, drop the 3, half decent this time, $40

Total Warhammer 2 is already the best Warhammer Fantasy game, now we just need a total war game for 40k and Age of Sigmar and we’re set.

>"Dead corpse in a chair"

Attached: 1454699649128.png (499x468, 25K)

isn't there a space marine chapter that's dedicated to altruism and assisting others?

>CUSTODES PLEASE KILL ME I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THIS
>shit and piss leaks out of rotten guts onto imperial throne

Attached: 1552088038860.jpg (824x1207, 395K)

Two reasons.
Fantasy is dead, meaning you can do anything going plot wise it just works.
The other reason is that retooling Total War for Fantasy is easy, its pretty much the same thing.
Comversely 40k is futuristic and would require more work to do the same. Would logically meant adding some manner of naval combat, some manner of real stronghold and siege mechanics, and balancing this kind of thing would be far more work.

Never played a 40k game or read really much of anything about it lore-wise, but Dark Eldar being turbo-edgy appeals to me. Are there any games or good expanded universe stuff with them?

Except papa Smurf talked to the big E. He's alive, and powerful.

The best videogame about 40k so far has been Final Liberation, it even has emperor titans in it.

Yes, and the universe is so big that anything can go, but one chapter doesn't make up for the whole Imperium.

Chronicles of Riddick had the kind of dark sci-fi style I'd like to see for a 40k movie

At full auto a modern assault rifle will empty its 30 round magazine in less than three seconds. The magazines on those bolters, given the size of the bolt rounds, can't be holding more than 30 rounds. So, like modern assault rifles, you're trained to fire on semi-auto. Continuous fire is more effective for suppression than a higher volume with pauses to reload. You want them to never feel safe putting their head up or moving out of cover.

Add to which Marines are crack shots with all kinds of implants to assist with accuracy. They don't need to spray. As they show in the video, full auto is reserved for particular targets who have defenses that need to be overwhelmed.

Dawn of War Soulstorm has playable dark eldar in the campaign, I don't think there's much else about them, maybe there are some books focused on DE.

The Lamenters were until recently reduced to a handful of Marines because sacrificing your troops for the sake of the people when replacements are hard to come by is stupid.
But it does exist, kind of. Its just depicted as a waste.

They appear in DoW Soulstorm. There might be a book or two.

>Creative Assembly actually working

Their engine is more stagnant than the Melee scene

Attached: awful cat.jpg (225x225, 5K)

BAZINGA

>mfw these enemies are considered to be low level in the 40k universe

Attached: 1550448732360.jpg (474x348, 22K)

Dawn of War
Dawn of War 2
Space Marine
Gladius
Inquisitor
Mechanicus

These are all good and there are a lot of other mediocre ones you're retarded.

because it's a shitty franchise with even shittier fans

>Warhammer Fantasy fans complain endlessly about the good 40k games and no good fantasy ones
>40k fans laugh
>40k fans complain about the good fantasy games and no good 40k ones.
>Fantasy fans laugh.
I can't believe we went full circle...

>all the good fantasy games
It's literally just Total War and Vermintide though. And they'd be good games without the license.
Fantasy is FUCKING DOGSHIT.

Warhammer in the 2000's

>Faith is my shield
>It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself
>Mankind prevails
>We will hold no barrel against these daemon scum
>Unthinkable horrors may be answered by unthinkable solutions
>Honor in duty. Honor in rightful death.

Warhammer in 2019

>"Xeno" is a derogative term
>What if the Emperor isn't really that good?
>Well, I BELIEVE that Daemons aren't that bad at all
>I think we should open the Segmentum Gothic to these people and their cultures
>I for one, welcome Tau culture. It's not indoctrination, you just don't understand them
>I wat human x daemon relationships to be legal! Want myself a daemonette xD
>Why are you opressing me? warp rifts are a myth

This is why

Attached: 1503550284625.png (622x669, 457K)

fantasy has an extremely shallow pool of games

Before total war and vermintide the only good game that came to mind was Shadow of the Horned Rat. Mark of Chaos was extremely mediocre

>tfw I really want to make a kill team around these dudes

It's too hardcore and intellectual for wide audiences and the VFX need be top tier at least. tv show is imo a good fit for adaptation

Dawn of war 1 and the expansions was a pretty good rts..(never played the last expansion though)

Has anyone played Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus? It has gotten good reviews, I'll probably get it when its on steam summer sale.

>"Xeno" is a derogative term
>What if the Emperor isn't really that good?
>Well, I BELIEVE that Daemons aren't that bad at all
>I think we should open the Segmentum Gothic to these people and their cultures
>I for one, welcome Tau culture. It's not indoctrination, you just don't understand them
>I wat human x daemon relationships to be legal! Want myself a daemonette xD
>Why are you opressing me? warp rifts are a myth
where the fuck are you getting this

From your mom's diary

you could have an unaffiliated anti-hero character trying to survive in a bad situation

think hangover 2 but with space marines and tyranids

because a game that uses its budget as a title is always gonna be shit.

Citation needed

Total war is one of the only vidya franchises worth a shit anymore

It's only morally grey for centrist retards.

wait no give it back

>It's too hardcore and intellectual for wide audiences

Sounds stupid but it's actually right. A setting that it's about exaggerated everything almost into parody but completely believable in itself but also treating themes of recurrent horrors, philosophy, xenophobia and religiousness from both sides (the good, the wrong and the need) isn't something that can be filmed, discussed or worked today by anyone, lest be banned by the thought/fun police

I mean, people is getting dumber in the world. They won't catch a joke or a satire. If anyone is going to do W40k right is gonna need some balls and love to it.

Attached: do i.jpg (523x521, 97K)

There's no centrism, only what suits the subject

And I say fuck Slaanesh, fuck the Eldar, fuck the greenskins, and fuck the Tau

I refuse to accept it's only one guy, he must've used contractors or asset packs.

You're telling me one guy is doing top-tier modeling, texturing, animation, vfx, particle simulations, lighting all alone?

Absolute horseshit.

It's the Kojima way

> I'm gonna say the 'H' word!!!!

This is Mechanicum

that'll never happen since gw thinks it'll cut into sales of the tabletop game

No don't do it Monkeigh

Mechanicus, Gladius...

Attached: 26AE4E24-E734-43C9-A5C6-6891F840CCF3.jpg (256x256, 17K)

>HUFF... HUFF... DESPITE BEING...

Why are genestealers so retard strong in melee? The claw thing is dumb

They were made to be the foe of Terminator armored Blood Angels in Space Hulk 1.0, like 25 years ago

>You're telling me one guy is doing top-tier modeling, texturing, animation, vfx, particle simulations, lighting all alone?
His modelling and texturing is anything but top tier, his animation is solid, but extremely basic, his greatest strengths are in his storyboarding/layout and post production.

Absolutely doable by one person over the course of months, people have made entire animated films solo over the course of years which is a LOT more work than creating 2 minutes of 40k bliss.

> Into 40K
> Broke

Bitch, have you seen how much GW charges?

Yeah... that's actually why

that was a fuckin rapier lascannon, that shit should have killed them

It didn't even hit them.
It did make them stop though

You have a good point

I'm a 40klet
Are these guys a specific class of psyker?
They're pretty big lads. Do they have an equivalent in the official lore?

>tfw will never be a genetically modified super soldier doing nothing but purging
life is pointless.

just play it on tabletop simulator, they've ripped a lot of models from DoW1/2 on the workshop

Attached: 1495514952362.jpg (500x308, 54K)

YOU WOULDN'T DARE

Cause the warhammer fags have battered wife syndrome and buy anything with the name warhammer in it.

This. Even fuckin /tg/ isnt entirely safe from the cancer of heresyposting

kys zoomer

Because 40k sucks

Its because when they started out they were really up their own ass, and never gave out the license to fucking anyone. WoW was going to be a Warhammer game, but they told blizzard to fuck off, so they just expanded on warcraft with elements of warhammer fantasy.
Now, they regret that massive fuck up so they give out their license to anyone so all the games that get made tend to be complete ass.

Space Marines aren’t actually good guys?

That was two multi-lasers on one mount
They're the creators OC. Weak augmented psykers that bodyguard the nobles that started the rebellion.

What's good then?

Source: Your ass

Attached: 1500485264392.jpg (854x537, 108K)

>unaffiliated anti-hero character trying to survive in a bad situation
I wish we could get a Rogue Trader movie that would just be Star Trek but without the characters pretending to be good people or that they care what happens to the planets they visit. And maybe playing a bit too hard with powers that do not have their interests at heart either.

Only if you're on their side

youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
At 1:24-1:29 it clearly impacts our boys in blue.

i guess i was confused, it looks like the rapier mount.

Cringe

This is how TTS is shaping up to be. And newfaggots eat that shit up.

His run reminds me of how this cop ran. It's not bad, it just looks a little funny. youtube.com/watch?v=jlJPnElXKM0
But damn, I like how he's just fucking going for it at full speed.

They run the gamut from being honourable warriors to goal oriented to being complete dicks.
Then there are the Minotaurs, who are essentially the weapon of the the High Lords and so brainwashed doing anything other than their jobs is a foreign concept to them. Also in game have a special rule to make them more effective against Space Marines.
And then the Marines Malevolent, who are so repellent noone likes them and who consider that the best way to save a planet is to slaughter everyone on it that did not make it out by themselves. Great guys.

Depends on the chapter 2bh. Lamenters, Space Wolves and Salamanders are good cunts. Iron Hands and Dark Angels are neutral and then you've got guys like the Minotaurs who are just cunts

I always felt Bolters should have a slower rate of fire than that.

> naval combat
Already exists in total war, was removed for Warhammer and chinkdoms
> stronghold and siege
Again, they already exist. Unless you mean different from "shoot artillery at walls to make breach and run inside"

The only thing that would be an issue in a 40k total war is the scale. How big do you want to make it? I think the current Total war army sizes are fine, but the maps need to be larger and more geographically diverse to make the best use of the capabilities of units in the setting.

Mountain biking

I'm sure its possible but the work versus adapting Fantasy is much greater.

Because the fanboys are passionate and can make stuff like astartes ans helsreach, but GW are a bunch of retards who are sitting on a goldmine and have no idea what to do with it.

19mm is a huge round man.

Space marine was good but it seriously gets on my autism
>on a forgeworld and where are the mechanics? Not even corpses
>player character and half the marines never wear helmets
>everybody calls you "space marine", even the goddamn orks

The AP Changes were a mistake. Marines need something to prevent them from being bodied.

Just make it the imperial guard instead

Fluff accuracy and crunch balance are too different things, you knife eared cunt.

all i want is a horus heresy era game

Attached: 1515415902777.jpg (645x649, 94K)

Shit she's been walking through terminators since 4th edition. Archon too powerful.

its two fire modes. notice the 2 stage trigger.

Nah what's weird is that they haven't done a more open world ARPG along the lines of Witcher or Gothic for either WHFB or 40K instead of these trash Diablo clones they've been putting out. I mean imagine a Kal Jericho game where you work your way through an Imperial hive world uncovering a conspiracy involving a Chaos cult or Genestealer cult, complete with dialogue choices, etc. Or a WHFB game along the same lines but you play a Withchunter.

There's some strategy, card, and board games on pc

The only zoom mod available when i played only moved camera back a minute distance. That was years ago though so maybe that's changed, modders were saying at the time that that was the best they could do with the camera because the engine wouldn't let do anything more.

But not 75mm large.

Nah.

>in W40k everyone is evil. EVERYONE
No they are not. That is the irony of WH40K; the Imperium is actually not evil at all. When there exists a force in the universe that can corrupt and destroy entire planets just because you manage to read its name in a book, then the extreme suppression of knowledge, and oppression of ignorant people's baser drives is actually completely understandable.

You can make an argument that it is not efficient. That maybe the Imperium does not need to be as iron fisted. But you absolutely cannot make the argument that the Imperium is evil when Chaos, the Dark Eldar, Tyranid cults, and Orks exist.

You have the morality and moral understanding of a child.

Too bad what was a brilliant game was ruined by grindy and monotonous Diablo style boss fights. I wasn't a fan of American accents on everyone either.

>But americans can't into ambiguous morality
No thats eurotards. Were the best in the world at that.

Attached: nagasaki-explosion.jpg (926x520, 265K)

based

So nothing then.

Instead of slow paced dialogue focused games, why not an Eversor game.

MR EMPEROR GET DOWN

>t.fulgrim

Attached: 1560094307461.png (667x603, 439K)

Coming from that analysis of the scenario and comprehension reading, I can deduct you're a fucking hamburger, have social anxiety issues and need to stop using the internet.

Everything the Imperium does is evil, but necessary. It's the lesser of evils. Unless of course, you're on the other side of the table, and believe the opposite.

It's funny because like, you DO get the lore, but you don't GET the lore at the same time. Like you get "stealing is evil" but not why or when.

Where are you from? For research purposes.

Attached: willem.jpg (960x717, 72K)

Nothing to my taste now, maybe one day

Attached: 1538322613958.jpg (1024x514, 154K)

No one is evil in the warhammer universe as long as you side with them however everyone that is your opponet is evil, that is because of how their universe works everything that each faction does is absolutely need to ensure their own survival as a species.

Aren't you a smart one

It's morally grey because what the Imperium is morally abhorrent. No respect for individual rights, humanity is ruled by a corrupt (though still better than Chaos) theocratic oligarchy that forcibly conquered human worlds, even human worlds that wanted to be left alone. Scientific progress is regarded as heresy, it's supposed to be the worst nightmare of someone who loves 20th century-style liberal democracies. And what makes it's horrifying is that what is needed to survive the hellish galaxy.

Thousand Sons successors confirmation soon

Attached: Bloody Magpies are back.jpg (1325x1833, 511K)

I want Hairgel to make an official comeback just to style on every other space with his chiseled stone face crafted by the Emperor Himself

im enjoying it, desu. im reading horus heresy and playing dow 2, and im loving it. God bros, id love to be a space marine purging the galaxy for the emperor.

Attached: 1560113460792.png (662x478, 22K)

There is no need for confirmation.
More pointedly, ambiguity is best in that regard. Even if its really, really likely.

Dark Eldar could literally stop murderfucking and adopt the asceticism of their Craftworld cousins, or the Amish-style way of the Exodites. But the thing is they're megalomaniacal vampires who think themselves the hottest shit in the galaxy, who think they can keep partying without consequences. That's not "evil by neccesity" it's "evil because it feels goods and we do what we want". That's why I love them.

Not that user, but that's a pretty poor take on the Imperium's justifications. Since they are the human faction they do represent the survival of humanity which is objectively GOOD.
But the overall theme of the Imperium is a decaying, corrupt, entirely inefficient mega-power. Everything they do, just to survive, is done in the worst, most cruel, most wasteful, most iron fisted fashion possible.

Attached: Emperors_Thirst.png (1587x868, 1.83M)

>467168345
nice bait at least try

Dream 40K Game:
1.) Totalwar style overworld map with multiple planets in multiple sectors.
2.) Battlefleet gothica style space battles.
3.) Dawn of war style ground combat.

This is literally the only thing I will ever want.

what genre?

i forgot about SBTF, that game is pretty cool.

But I like being evil in 40k. It's awesome. The Imperium does evil shit all the time but takes a bigger shit on mankind's enemies. Fuck you, Eye of Terror.

That's why 40k is so great, it doesn't pretend to be anything, it is what it is.

You can tell that Relic ran out of time and budget.

>I think it's bad
>that's why it's grey
Hey retard pick one

Inquisitor Martyr? Because I thought that game was kind of mediocre. Primarily because I don't like the camera controls.

I thought Dr. Manhattan killed you, Rorschach.

>most wasteful,
wouldn't go that far

>Gladius
>good
really?

Not really, DE tech is far more advanced and they get fucked far less than craftworld eldar.

There's a pretty solid OpenXCOM mod.

How is the imperium inefficient?
They struggle because their civilization was curbstomped and they barely survived only to then have all their infrastructure become infested with actual demons from hell.
Not because of poor middle management

Gork is better than Mork!

>they get fucked far less than craftworld eldar.
It doesn't matter who you are, eventually Slaanesh will get his due. Everything the Dark Eldar do is trying to stave off that inevitable fact. Dark Eldar have a 100% get fucked rate when the chips are down.

its kinda both. without the Emperor to directly keep them in line, the council of Terra is a body of unending bureaucracy with literally 10,000 years of bullshit lying around to be sorted. And without a powerful figurehead actively sorting shit out, corruption, incompetence and nepotism have fucked up most major ruling bodies

Tenplar Battleforce scratches my itch, but ut's no Space Hulk.

Because most of them end up in low budget Indie studios contracting with Gamesworkshop. Gdubs is too cheap and lazy to want to create a Warhammer 40k masterpiece. For now, the only good-tier 40k games are gonna be Dawn of War 1 and 2, and if you are willing to accept the fact Space Marine is a Gears of War clone; then that works too. Otherwise, enjoy buggy, poorly optimized FPS space hulk games and boring turn-based games with zero depth. Also, fuck that chess game.

I imagine the sjw's crying all over twitter about how dark the lore is and that The Emperor is sexist.

Right, I just thought there was something about by being a gyrojet type round, even if two-stage, the rate of fire on full auto had to be a bit slower than that.

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

—Uthan the Perverse, Eldar Philosopher

Attached: 1471159803346.png (440x400, 80K)

Human wave tactics are rampant, nepotism is extremely widespread, the Age of Apostasy was caused by rampant incompetence, officers in charge of morale execute soldiers as a matter of course and often get killed themselves, equipment is dependant on the benevolence of a semi autonomous faction, dogma has become so encroaching any attempt to deviate from the norm is grounds for execution or being accused of heresy.
The Inquisition alone is a shitshow of competing politics.
I'm pretty sure in a recent piece of lore a guy was spirited away by Custards before his execution because they had divined he would be useful elsewhere. He did his thing then they sent him right back for execution. And that guy was not even a heretic, he just had minor proposals and complaints.

That already exists.

Who are these masked guys?

What is this from?

If the first stage of the two stage gyrojet is a conventional ballistic expulsion then why would it's fire rate have to be slower?

'Oomans are pink and soft, not green and tough like da Boyz. They'z all the same size, too - No big'uns or little'uns, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos there's no way of telling 'cept for badges an' ooniforms and fings. Anuvver fing - when they do sumfink, they try to make it look like somfink else to confuse everybody. When one of 'em wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, 'arf of 'em believe it and da over 'arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguin' wiv each other over who's da Boss, da Orks can sneak up an' clobber da lot.

—Snotgrub's view of humanity and its failings,

Attached: 1560982534813.png (500x500, 106K)

When one of the few resources you have is man power using that resource is not inefficient. What is the alternative?
Has a point about it being inefficient having government run all important shit through Terra but again there isn't really any alternative.

Also just look at Martin Luthor for an irl example of why "minor proposals and criticism" is a recipe for disaster

>lascannon
What fucking shit are you on? It was a twin-linked multilas. That it was eating through the armor at all was impressive.

>Also just look at Martin Luthor for an irl example of why "minor proposals and criticism" is a recipe for disaster
Disasters that could have been avoided if the Church didn't chimp out?

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY&list=PLDNCCj46C34AgW7314tDcizn8qFcoENLO

watch the full video, that webm cuts a lot of shit out

What do I look like, a physicologist?!

It's a fair point though, maybe I'm mis-remembering discussions on it. I just recall getting the impression that Bolters would have a lower rounds/min than a normal firearm.

>finished DOW crusade and soulstorm, DOW2 and chaos rising
>mfw adeptus mechanicus graphics, dialogue and gameplay

Attached: 1411872505873.jpg (250x233, 23K)

Yeah it totally the church's fault German nobles kept defecting to confiscate church assets and a bajilliion protestant sects popped up

>k*auts destroying europe AGAIN
>MUH CHURCH

How does it feel playing a Tzeentch Slave Race?

There is a difference between using what you have and throwing people into the meatgrinder without ever considering the alternative, which is actual strategic acumen.
A sorely lacking quality.
Now yes, criticism can lead to disaster, but the point is that they were about to execute a guy for voicing concerns. Which when extrapolated to the galaxy leads to a whole mound of dead bodies because whoever is in charge does not like the guy voicing his opinion. Which is very inefficient, and widespread, behaviour in the Imperium.
Then they did execute him after elevating him to the rank of Warmaster for a while. Because Imperial Justice decreed he had to die for flimsy reasons.
Dictatorships work, but they do so very inefficiently by throwing resourses away massively without concerns, up until the point it becomes unsustainable.

Your most basic green marine clocks in at 3 times faster than usain bolt without much effort.

Attached: 1477000120064.png (1898x508, 108K)

Game needs lots of work but def has the potential to be fun imo

This is fucking amazing

OI GIT STOP WHISPERIN' AN' TALK PROPA! I KANT UNDASTAN' YAH O EVEN 'EAR YAH YA ZOGGIN GIT

Attached: 1550907224212.jpg (1471x1469, 669K)

>pic

Holy fuck, do we have a Techpriest version of pic related?

Attached: regice running.gif (750x563, 961K)

What's the best game, story and lore wise, for a newcomer to the warhammer 40k universe? Something that explains what's going on and who is who.

But boss, he ain't a shouta.

>The only thing that would be an issue in a 40k total war is the scale.
Then you're either stupid or don't actually know how 40k works. Fantasy tabletop is literally blocks and lines of dudes. Neither in fluff nor tabletop does 40k do big ass idiot boxes of guys to get blown apart by actual guns. It is, and always will be always, modern squad and platoon tactics of individual dudes moving about meters apart from one another from cover to cover.
So, like always, 40k total war will not work for the exact same reason there will never be a total war for any time period past WW1 except even worse since you have to also mix in viable melee combat.

BFGA2 has a necron campaign but it's really slow and drags on with far too much repetition. At least there's Trazyn.

Attached: cwmleq062jd21.jpg (1312x657, 141K)

Probably Dawn of War and is expansions.
The manual was pretty neat.
And every faction but the tyranids has a little focus. DoW2 actually gave something to the tyranids as well.

hopefully the campaign update is good

Its grey because its fucking necessary for humanity to live idiot. Because story after story after codex blurb have vindicated the imperium in that every last horrific thing they do actually saves worlds.

The Imperium has trillions of citizens, but a tiny fraction of them are part of the Imperial Guard and a fraction of the Guard can be moved around the galaxy by the extremely limited numbers of warp-capable starships the Imperium can either build or maintain from thousands of years ago.
Saying the Imperial government is 'inefficient' isn't expressing the sheer scale of tangled bureaucracy and useless dogma it contains. Positions in the Administratum are often hereditary. Offices and and departments linger on thousands of years after their function has ceased being relevant. A planet receiving reinforcements on time or 10 years too late depends on some scribe filing the correct forms and petitions to the letter. Planets can be entirely forgotten or over-tithed by multiple times what they can support because of the mistakes of individuals in a system that requires millions of accountants, notaries, scribes, and bureaucrats to function.

Games Workshop wanted a cut of the games market to compete with Blizzard. Instead of ensuring any form form of quality, they just shit out as many games as possible and hope getting their name out there will encourage people to their toy- im sorry TABLE TOP GAMING line.

Then it's not bad
And therefore not grey
Only retarded centrists who can't commit to any position struggle with this

DE have three really good books. It's the edgiest thing going when all the characters are some shade of evil as fuck. The political side was also done really well.

BFGA2 gave you an entire campaign, fucker. Chaos didn’t even get a campaign if I remember right.

I thought they're just adding Chaos
It doesnt fix the fact that enemy armadas just whimsfully attack your borders from beyond the void continuously, so you pretty much just have to cut your losses or wait 4 turns for the enemy to arrive while your 3 available fleets actually advance your status
Meanwhile, as necrons, you've got 2-4-2-2-1-1 in terms of buildings ships, so you start repeating your fleets very easily--most of those variants just being more guns on the side or front, or a hanger, so it's not like you get many more fun toys to play with as you're just trying to get FLAYED ONES FEASTING, anyways

Attached: 6796760-79.png (1183x569, 721K)

>
youtube.com/watch?v=4VXUDlcr0qI

This always bothered me. The plasma shot going over to the lasgunners breaks the 180 rule and its hard to adjust to the flip in action.

user...
go look at the news

Chapter Master could have been great, but no.

Yeah but I'm saying those issues are not caused by inefficient systems but by the destruction of most of the empires infrastructure.
For example using scribes is not inefficient in a situation where computers can be possessed by the devil.

If the new is Chaos is getting a campaign my point stands that Necron had one and Chaos didn’t.

Even if Chaos had one originally my main point was Necron actually was a focus.

Attached: youre gonna have a bad time.png (1292x631, 861K)

>punish your son by killing his dog
>surprised when he plots revenge for years and destroys everything you've worked for
what a faggot

yes and no. The loss of the MOI in the cybernetic revolt certainly did slow down human progress, but they were still just as limited with warp transportation as they are now.

Not really. The empire lost most of its colonies because of slanesh being born and the warp going nuts.

>Wow son you did such a good job on your model volcano I got you a puppy. Now I need to go and work on the car, the brake pads need to be replaced. Finish the experiment on your own son, I love you
>FUCK YOU DAD I CANT BELIEVE YOU WONT WATCH ME FINISH MY RELATIVELY MINOR OBJECTIVE WHILE YOU ATTEMPT TO SAVE US WITH AN UNPARALLELED SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH FUG YU

Motherfucker disarmed a marine with a backhanded swipe

Alpha level chad, shame about the whole dying thing.

I referred to the revolt because you brought up non-demon possesable scribes being better than outlawed/flawed AI bots

The system itself is broken and corrupt and the reason it cannot be fixed is because the vast majority of people in power are either afraid to change what they believe has worked for 10,000 years (it hasn't, the imperium is just too big to properly feel its effects) or because they are religiously dedicated to tenants that have little to no bearing on the current situation.

OI GROGS LIK ME WUD 'AVE GOTTEN KRUSHED N STOMPED IF YA TALKED LIK DAT. YA REALLY OTTA SKREAM YA' WORDZ OUT YA' GIT OR YA GONNA GET KRUMPED YA GIT

The Fall of the Eldar was caused after they created slaanesh while partying too hard for defeating the necrons
After that, Mankind grew into the Dark Age of Technology, spreading them across the stars, and then the Men of Iron rebelled during the Age of Strife to isolate them

Attached: Eldar_War_Host.png (923x1202, 2.77M)

Would you fuck a slaanesh Daemonette?

Attached: 6742778D-5D63-4194-8BA7-EDE1EB2F23B5.jpg (900x732, 92K)

You have that out of order, the Dark Age of Technology happened during the zenith of the Eldar empire, and the Age of Strife happened directly because of the birth of Slaanesh fucking up real-space by making the eye of terror and covering everything in warp storms.

>boarding party
>no shields
>no chainswords, power sword, power axes, chain axes, etc
>fighting psykers
>no Librarians

Attached: 1560725139276.png (600x450, 455K)

They're only fighting the equivalent of a PDF.

No.

Because they have trouble gaining anyone outside the hard fanbase, and for obvious reason.

>Warhammer: CRUSH, KILL, DIE, DAKA, WAAAAAGH
>Normies: Oh hey this sounds like a fun ga-
>*Warhammer slams down a giant, thick lore book, as big as a truck tire*
>*Warhammer drops down like 20 more books of the same size*
>Warhammer: YOU ARE GOING TO READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND EVERY LITTLE THING! ALSO BUY ALL THE TOYS!!!!
>Normies: Umm..er...yeaaaaahh, I think I'm just going to go play Skyrim...bye.

That and /pol/ turned it into their power fantasy example of "perfect world where I can shoot anything without consequences".

Huh, I could have sworn it was earlier, but , double checking the wikis, you're right

Attached: OXENedk.jpg (714x500, 41K)

>/pol/ turned it into their power fantasy example of "perfect world where I can shoot anything without consequences".
what
I know there are people who do that but it hasn't marred the reputation of the franchise so far

Slaanesh's birth just caused the Eye, warp storms everywhere was because of unregulated psykers during the height of Dark Age

Attached: 1542503408263.png (793x397, 91K)

>Space Marines are so strong though
So are Orks, tyranids and leldar, don't get stupid with me, son. You could also play as imperial guard.

Attached: 1367213194944.gif (300x278, 1.05M)

Dark age of technology is M 15
Fall of the eldar is M 30

Except you're wrong. Humanity was finally developing psychic powers but in the wake of the Eye opening everything went to shit and the warp went into overdrive fucking over all the new conduits on human planets.

Yeah, you're misremembering discussions. What you are remembering is the mass of stupid faggots who think bolters are like grenade launchers with huge explosions, and think that because a bolter is too much to handle for a regular human it is also going to have unmanageable recoil to a titan of a human being, much less a titan in power armor.

Bolters would not be useful if they were just grenade launchers with unmanageable recoil for a Space Marine. They are supposed to be an update to the idea of an assault rifle, that makes sure the target is either dead, or is so crippled so as to be dead, with every landed shot.

The bolter depictions in the Astartes shorts are perfect.

Attached: 40kMechanicus.jpg (2048x2048, 852K)

Both psykers were focused on the other marine, there was an audio cue to accentuate this. The second psyker was so preoccupied with the first muhrin he couldn't notice the second, but still reacted extremely fast once he did - just not spezz muhrin fast.

The Necrons had been gone for eons before the Age of Strife. Eldar society had been at a comfortable zenith for untold millenia, during which time they have such a grasp of their tech that they largely isolated themselves to their own corner of the galaxy, around which Golden Age human developed and grew. With the exception of Exodites most Eldar never left their part of the Galaxy, and never had reason to.

The Men of Iron of rebellion is vastly overstated in regards to it's significance for the Imperium. It is a vague event whose only real solid outcome from it's occurrence was a general ban on AI across human society. The warp storms that isolated Humanity's worlds for 10,000 years during the Age of Strife was a much larger factor for Mankind regressing.

The war with the Men of Iron was still during the Dark Age of Technology, dark being the "unregulated" rate in which technology sped towards arcane and abominable technologies by the Imperium's standard. That took the entire galaxy to put down, too. Not just humanity. It became an existential threat to all life, let that sink in.

It's redundant, especially when the black templars exist. Also youtube and leddit ran it into the ground, as they do.

What are you expecting with just 40k?
Most video games cost millions.

That's a pretty meaningless statement. PDFs vary wildly in quality based on the planet. A Terran PDF soldier would annihilate 99.9% of full fledged guardsmen running around.

But boss, I'm a mekboy. I just make rokkits and stompas.

What? No. You don't understand the 180 rule. Fuck off back to smelling your own farts on Yea Forums. There are multiple orienting shots in the edits and action immediately preceding that.

The "PDF" of Terra are still direct part of the Imperial Guard, where as PDF is largely planetary managed by the governor and left to its own devices for supply and upkeep. You're comparing a militia to the marines.

>from dick, hateful zealots into rightful paladdins of righteousness and wisdom
That's a perception issue on your end, not anywhere in the fluff. Space marines are as varied in character as any other person in the setting.

And then all the stupid toaster fuckers died horribly.

MMMMMMM
BUT OF COURSE WARBOSS MATE. US GOBLINS ALWAYS KNOWS BESTIES.

He's cracked down on the High Lord's retarded impulses, has made some ground into streamlining the Munitorum, has the Inquisition on a loose leash, convinced the Custodes to leave their rooms, and a bunch of other shit. The only monster he hasn't been able to crack down on is the Ecclesiarchy. Faith is a hell of a drug in these dark times and Big G can't risk a civil war on top of all the warp fuckery currently fucking everything.

They would be doing the fucking

What chapter is this supposed to be?

Literally only happened in your head, fuck off back to 8gag and stay there. In b4 the cover of that children's book as "proof".

not only that but even Bobby G is starting to question his own atheism

Fuck your corpse in the loo and rambutt gorillamom.

Based

The point still stands even if the example given was off. A PDF quality varies extremely on the resources available to the planetary governor. They can exceed certain Imperial Guard Regiment's capabilities.

this, final liberation always made me want a hero's of might and magic style grand RPG game set in 40k

>Yea Forums bitches about their being no good warhammer games
>Constantly begging for a good game for 10 years
>They could make one themselves
Whats stopping you?

Attached: 1542351305629.png (350x401, 167K)

i have to read all the books first and they keep making them

Explain how, cockbite. Seriously, you centipede retards are more paranoid and hypersensitive than a tumblr hambeast off of her meds.

Copyright

TTS has been pozzed from day one

But what if we could combine both?

Attached: 1540906981598.jpg (1050x381, 97K)

>Whats stopping you?

The cease and desist orders that will obviously come.

>player character and half the marines never wear helmets
That's common for named characters and veterans.
>everybody calls you "space marine", even the goddamn orks
That's the colloquial term for the adeptus astartes, nobody in the imperium really speaks high gothic.

also, I lot holt, pulls his gun on every one

>Apply for the rights to make a game from GW like every other phone making game dev has

Attached: 1542267011299.jpg (720x687, 67K)

I'm thinking delta for sure. taking all your power to hold back one marine and needing two of you to start to crush him is really low, the telapush is neat and all but it just push's them back

Read about what happened with Chapter Master.

>Everything the Imperium does is evil, but necessary. It's the lesser of evils.
Also increasingly ineffectual. One of the better aspects of the setting is the fleeting feeling that humanity is collapsing sooner rather than later.

this, they LOVE giving there IP to small fires

I'm surprised nobody has made a Horus-Heresy mod for Dawn of War. There was one, but it was abandoned.

*blocks your path*

Attached: CBB18A6E-79D9-4DCB-A5B7-5D912C233683.jpg (650x823, 134K)

>video game chapter
>their greatest hero is called Azariah Vidya
You can't make this shit up.

Attached: 1545789279244.jpg (1353x1008, 593K)

AoS is trash fuck outta here

chapter master did not get the rights before hand, and that was before GW was handing it out like candy.

in fact.... a chapter master game would be fucking perfect for the phone now that I think about it.... one of the few types of game that would be good in fact.

Ah good, a AoS player, now I can post this awesome 40k art.

Attached: warhammer40k.jpg (1222x642, 766K)

>How is the imperium inefficient?
In almost every conceivable way, from logistics to battle formation, to ideology. Are you familiar with the setting?

Attached: 1445984144484.jpg (744x893, 287K)

What was the point of AoS? What was wrong with the Fantasy universe?

>Chapter master dev is retarded
>Revealed he's making a GW game despote not getting permission from GW
>Paranoid 24/7 about GW C&D that never came
>Next dev picks it up
>Is also retarded & paranoid and abandons it
No user they are retarded

Attached: 111111111111.png (1334x750, 936K)

Yes, you do seem to spend a lot of time imagining SJWs on twitter.

Fantasy had run its course, played the minutes to midnight for too long, had received next to no updates to a lot of models and rules, and generally was not selling well.
In part because of bad decisions from the management, but its was hardly the worst thing to happen.

Attached: 1551668506539.png (746x742, 608K)

Attached: 4567567.jpg (768x826, 275K)

the CEO at the time wanted to put space marine's in fantasy, so instead of fixing the few things wrong with fantasy (bloated army size for example) they blew the whole thing up to make a new setting where they can have space marines. and just tacked the warhammer name onto it just to fucking make fun of us.

Thank god Kirby was fired ... not before he almost killed GW though

Attached: Thisisreal.png (1100x900, 493K)

Gross

>When one of the few resources you have is man power using that resource is not inefficient. What is the alternative?
Using that power efficiently. This is self-evident, you're not a four year old so you should stop feigning stupidity to force a point that doesn't exist. Being fat doesn't make you a child.

Fantasy took a lot of models and time to play a game so GW changed the rules for quick games with few models and sunk the setting along with it.

Inferior to this alpha specimen.

Attached: Duke_uses_poison.jpg (800x4600, 356K)

>If, during your hero phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you can re-roll failed hit rolls for the Averland

Attached: 1518925159588.png (977x910, 182K)

what's this

Excellent rules

Extremism is the direct result of abnormal cranial activity, or lack thereof.

>The plasma shot going over to the lasgunners breaks the 180 rule
It doesn't.

I swear either /tg/ or Yea Forums had a thread a while back where they put together some decent looking scripts for a trilogy regarding the Imperium's first encounter with Tyranids. Hell if I can find it in /tg/'s archive, I might just be retarded though.

Attached: heresy.jpg (500x661, 137K)

Age of sigmar, its a new kiddy version of AoS where all the dwarves are now called "Dee AURFSS" or some shit and have top hat's and all the rules are

Attached: tothis.jpg (1280x777, 207K)

A Stormcast eternal, a being created from souls and serving Sigmar after he ascended to godhood once Fantasy was completely broken by the End Times.
In general a picture from Age of Sigmar, the successor of Fantasy. Now in order to prevent fags who cannot stop foaming at the mouth when this game is talked about, let's keep it at that.

>the Dark Age of Technology happened during the zenith of the Eldar empire
This always bothered me. How come both races were at their absolute top at the same time without violently crashing into each other?

What's their story Yea Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20190616-215013_YouTube.jpg (2280x1080, 699K)

The flying gigachad-manlets are actually cool looking

Attached: C7TOiqHX4AEQNKw.jpg (906x1200, 197K)

Huam wave tactics are efficient in that scenario

Wait are those space marines with beards?

That's not extremism brainlet, it's just forming a coherent opinion

Who said they didn't crash?

That's right timmy, soon ALL of your old fantasy units can be space marines!

Attached: sigmaar.png (500x500, 186K)

>retarded, angry mongoloid can't even explain how.
This is probably a reoccurring theme with you.

>There, we added girl space marines. Now buy our fucking models

Attached: 1317856138815.jpg (896x1378, 406K)

Human wave tactics are never efficient. Effective maybe. Last resort, sole existing option. But never efficient.

I never gave age of sigmar any attention. Why are the dwarves in power armor now?

This shit better not be official art.

The very idea that fantasy players believe themselves mature cracks me up.

Lore wise during the early ages of AoS, chaos destroyed everything and anything, the dwarves experimented with some technology and built even bigger Bioshock Infinite-esque flying cities to flee from chaos

Attached: Skyport_life.jpg (851x478, 139K)

Those rules cannot be for AoS since they have rules for bretonnia

Why

:^)

Attached: 1543740571025.jpg (1241x1690, 472K)

it is
everything is in power armor now, skaven, people, wood elves

>75mm bolter
Don't give the imperium ideas.

why isn't there another dimension called order that's made up of positive emotions to fight the chaos, there could be hugs and kisses rituals to summon angels instead of death and betrayal ones

Those were legacy rules. More accurately joke rules added to the rest of the rules for the sake of levity in a set of rules meant to bridge the settings and introduce the new concepts.
Effectively retards getting angry at nothing.

they all go to the same dimension. its just negative emotions tend to eat the happy ones

given that Imperial Guard regiments are made up of the top 10% of PDFs as part of a planets tithe it would be exceedingly rare to find an example of one without it being hilariously one sided , the best PDF might be better than some penal regiment being tossed into a meat grinder

whereas the worst Cadian or Catachan regiment is likely better than the best PDF in the galaxy

Oh shit, they had this in a very early edition. Guess we gotta put up with everyone fucking bullshit now.

Attached: 1341013658666.jpg (303x500, 42K)

In the end the curbstomp and the infestation was their own fault, though. Or the emperor's, rather.

That's still just the warp.

Fanbook, not actual canon. Please stop baiting.

Throwing something expecting it to be a waste with acceptable losses is not efficient.

The Immaterium is full of everything the sentient life thinks and believes and do. But life itself is chaotic, and their thoughts spiraled into this. Also the Eye of Terror; Thanks Eldars.

Still there's "positive" energy as miracles do happen. Have faith, brother, as the universe conspires to make anything you believe in.

oh now there "joke rules" I can't count the number of times a AOS fag back at the start told me its a "Beer and Pretzels" game and I should be happy AoS does not have points

>get you soul ripped out of your body in the most excruciating way possible by a star god
>forced to fight against an unknowably powerful force of benevolent beings
>finally get the courage to fight back and actually manage to win
>no way to reverse the process and escape your metal prison so you go to sleep for millions of year
>get woke up by some retard human/machine monstrosity
>they did this to themselves willingly
imagine how mad this fucker is

joke rules have been a part of gw since it's inception

Not what I'm talking about. AoS fan's will defend whatever GW gives them.

;^)

Attached: 1555700768542.jpg (538x511, 26K)

Really enjoyed it, and I'm not even a W40K fan
Great atmosphere, fun game

Mechanicus, but Mechanicus is super easy, not punishing at all

The curbstomp might have been chaos but who the fuck knows really.
The destruction was the eldar fault
Really the emperor fucked up by not telling any of his sons what he was building.
Horus was probably right in suspecting the emperor was going to kill the legions after they had served their purpose

PLAY BFGA2

CHOMP CHOMP LOOK AT THESE IMPERIALS CHOP

Attached: BFGA.jpg (911x1133, 150K)

Yeah it is. What would guardsmen be doing instead that's more useful?

horus was literally shown the future he himself made happen

>Throwing something expecting it to be a waste with acceptable losses is not efficient.
There are so many people in the Imperium the equipment they're fighting with is more important than the man itself thanks to lostech being a thing. When all you have is a hammer everything looks like nails, and that's the Imperium towards the safety and well being of its soldiers.

Doing what Cadia did for the longest time, use terrain to their advantage. Create killboxes.
Fortify positions. Bombard enemy positions.
Use gorilla warfare.
Anything other than throwing bodies at the enemy. Must I point out that Krieg, well known for its human waves methodologies, does it out of penance for old crimes? Does the least efficient manner of warfare possible to expiate in blood their rebellion?
Why do you persist in the belief that last resort or strategical stupidity is efficient? The setting is a meatgrinder, throwing bodies is not to be taken as a positive but as a sign of the issues the Imperium has. Which are rampant incompetence, poor equipment and tactics, and having to resort to anything to try and hold positions rather than moving forward.
Effective is not the same as efficient.

Power armour, not a space marine. Go on show me the listing for that one.

>Use gorilla warfare.
It's hard to use guerilla warfare against tyranids. Granted, a Catachan division turned an entire valley into a spike pit for an invading hive fleet, but not every regiment are Catachans.

Chaos campaign soon

It's not about the other side of story, it's about the cooler side of story

May Papa Nurgle bless thee

literally doesnt matter. If they just had a straight game/movie with no lore explanation and assumed ppl knew what the broad lore it'd be fine.
yeah the lore is stupid packed but the broad strokes are so easy to understand immediately. Emprah god, chaos corrupts, orks ork, eldar old, dark eldar dark old, so on so on.
the badass war and gunfighting should be the focuss and all the nuanced parody of real world politics wouldnt be lost for the smarter crowd but wouldnt get in the way for the dudebros. its such a simple fucking task but GW and everyone they hire is incompetent trite

I'm not talking about that

good game as long as you play on hard mode (the games version of action points can be generated to an absurd degree and at the end game you'll be wiping out all enemies in less than a single round on normal) It's fairly barebones though.

sigh, fully automatic bolt pistols
The only 40k I can think of that got bolters right was Fire Warrior.

You know, I kind of came to an odd realization a while ago. I listened to the TTS podcast talking about the very first 40k book ever, called Draco (or Inquisitor), and they constantly poked fun at the various levels of awful the book was. They made a bit of a running joke about the sweat goblin of an author wrote the screenplay for Stephen Spielberg''s A.I., and generally laughed at it as well.

But think on this- this greasy little smut writer was in a position to tempt Speilburg into making 40k properties. We wouldn't have had the Avengers and the quest for the Infinity Gauntlet, we would have had the Horus Heresy and the fall of the Imperium.

I haven't paid attention to 40k in over a decade. There a new game coming?

Yea Forums does paint 40k minis, right? RIGHT?!

Attached: IMG_20190503_115219_254-1.jpg (1080x559, 324K)

>Except papa Smurf talked to the big E. He's alive, and powerful.

what if he was lying to keep the Imperium together

he was the ultimate statesman and he may have realized that telling the truth would crush any hope left for humanity

Tell me what you make of this user.

Attached: here ya go.jpg (603x1023, 320K)

This is how it feels when you go through a raid with a team of experienced players where everyone knows his role

never forget our niggas the lamenters, they are real niggas

I'm painting them right now, as a matter of fact.
My blood angel termies look like shit help

He spoke with a demon of Tzeentch hiding behind the statue

Primaris hats are very nice

There are mods for X-Com 2: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584049706

Full auto Fuller auto single is trigger discipline

>my tiny elf girl wipes out a whole squad in a round of close combat
This happens in Lore too

Attached: 1559633209923.jpg (1080x651, 93K)

>fluff accuracy
In fluff, space marines get shredded by things like multilasers, plasma, and autocannons. Full stop.

They are immune to Small arms(Unlesss a weak spot is hit) and are resistant to most Anti-vehicle weapos. the auto cannon and Multilaser are Anti-infantry

>Autocannon
>Not a anti-light vehicle killer

Attached: 1551078780473.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

It's mostly used as Anti-infantry

Correct, doesn't stop it being anti light vehicle though.

I kinda want to but that would only be for my shelf and shipping prices being what they are I need to buy a pretty large amount to not get completely ripped off.

I'm still mad at GW for killing off my Averlanders. I spent years painting that shit, and right when I was almost done they destroyed the whole setting and the rules.

40k has some cool aesthetics, but it's pretty boring and simplistic despite how rule heavy it was.(Haven't touched 8th) Only good thing is I now have fun playing tabletop once I stopped playing GW's shit, but I miss having the ability to play with lots of people. I wish tabletop games were slightly more popular so more games could be sustainable at once.

pic related, one of my regiment's standard banners currently gathering dust since his homeland was destroyed.

Attached: 2013-01-27 23.08.02.jpg (3264x2448, 2.63M)

so, how DID the catachan manage to fight off the 'nyds?

I dont even care about 40k but this astartes thing has been awesome

Vietnam war tactics

tomb kangz r baste
space kangz r shit

Space Marine is great.

Why the fuck doesn't 40k just rip off the gameplay of fucking Gears of War? It fits fucking perfectly.

They did? Space marine?

because gw loves money but hates to make it

same thing now lmao

>Gun focused cover shooter with light melee
>Melee focused hack and slash with light gunplay
>same thing

Space Marine was like 9 layers removed from Gears of War.

The first sounds infinitely worse than the second, though.

Good thing spess marhine is the second then

okay I'm sorry I was wrong.

So why do they only license them to shit tier developers?

What about BFG2?

Because they are the only ones who come knocking apparently.

god i wish that were me

Rember that one time the Tau tried to hold a feast with Anrakyr and got necron’d? I rember

Frank Horrigan and Hrank Forrigan trying to defend Vault 02 from the Enclave

Are these at least optional rules?

They were never more than joke rules.
So yes. Not that they are a thing anymore.

Men of iron rebellion is said to make horus heresy look like small skirmish

Why did he slap the back of that one guy's head?

He reacted and knocked the marine's gun out of his hand. Really good combat reaction all things considered. It just wasn't enough to stop the marine from knifing him.

"faster you faget"

genre lives on high margin shovelware whether it's tabletop or digital, bongs have meme'd it into cult popularity
>try DoW games
>it's any generic casual RTS with a warhammer skin
>playing total war ever

>"S-Sir, there's some heresy in this direc-"

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"

It was a jumbo sized head pat

Because video games are only as good as the source material. And 40k is shit for kids with too much time on their hands.

Astartes Taking cover just looks silly though. shoulda been guard :(

>2019
>no one has made a simple 40k marine fps like doom or quake

Space marines don't kick that much ass relative to the setting.
Chapter master or even a Primarch is needed for true ripping and tearing

I was going to say that kids don't have the means to buy a $1200 unpainted model but then again $1000 smartphones are now a thing so I don't even know anymore.

thats false though. Lore wise a marine can destroy an entire detachent of regular human soldiers or even Eldar.

hes had a stun baton thing, but yeah still impressive

because 40k bad

define good guys mate. They are all not exactly kind and morally sound. Space marines are weapons of war fighting to ensure the survival of mankind. In that way they clearly are the good guys.
However its also why they are not particularly "good" as they will do anything to get the job done. They will slaughter innocents if it is necessary for the survival of the many.

Attached: ghz3pfjke5py.png (301x344, 6K)

>Indieshit

Christ, imagine being a Warhammer Fantasy fan and having to put up with this shit

Fantasy chads have the only great warhammer game out now.

> that one model that made you get into the hobby

Attached: adprmec30535.jpg (523x540, 24K)

Two great warhammer games

Well, fuck me

I cant enjoy 3 kingdoms because it's not as good as warhammer

>DoW
>Mechaniccus
>Battlefleet Gothic
>Spehss Mareen
>Deathwing (with friends)

And how goes your paint progress?

>2d
>stratagy
>pixel
>indie
The 4 Horsemen

Maining Skitarii for the sheer joy of painting them and Ironjawz because AoS Lore gets better and better every year and the combat system is better than the 40k.

Spending about £60 a month so I'm not that serious about it, my mate blows £600 every time there is a huge update. I dread to imagine his bank account after the Apocalypse rolls out.

R.I.P wallet. Painting some Vargheists at the moment. But good choice with Skitarii.

Stop reading meme lore you fucking brainlet