Just built a new pc

should I install Windows 7 or 10?
>inb4 linux
no

Attached: 60693.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=AIC5JpBSQ-Q
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/what-s-new-for-windows-threshold-display-drivers--wddm-2-0-
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
drive.google.com/file/d/14uDvffFTKjfCFCxJgvJ4sqG7WQam2SAc/view?usp=drive_open
donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/
howtogeek.com/225844/how-to-make-windows-photo-viewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/
github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxit_Reader
invidio.us/watch?v=Co6FePZoNgE
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8570w-mobile-workstation/5257502
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Windows 7 if you're retarded

win10 and then install epic games launcher for a speed boost

install windows xp and bonzi buddy

win 10 obviously
and ofcourse epic launcher too

dualboot 10 and loonix. Use Valve's Proton to play windows games in loonix. Compare the performance, and use what you want. Some games run better in loonix, others run better in windows, many run similar.

win 10 so you can play those sick exclusive games

I don't know which one you should install but Im just reinforcing your idea of not installing Linux.
Fuck Linux and fucking Linux virgins.

"staying" with 7 is fine, but on a new PC it's dumb

there's even a lot of newer hardware that doesn't even work right on 7.

If you're aware of the workarounds to get modern processors to work with windows OSes other than 10, I'd say go with 7.

Is 10 still free?

>Some games run better in loonix, others run better in windows, many run similar.
And the rest (99%) only run on Windows

lel no

it was never free, unless you're talking of the free upgrade (I never even had win7 so that wasn't an option)

install gentoo

middle finger for you

Multiboot is the idort of /g/

Windows is always free

Attached: 1518396615733.jpg (640x563, 35K)

If you have a Windows 7 key or above it'll still activate windows 10 for free actually. I do it all the time.

More like 15% desu. Proton has changed the situation quite a bit.
Also fuck you.

Attached: 1560530115265.jpg (558x640, 35K)

7 runs better but is gonna stop being supported soon

Win10 (from kenguin.net

Attached: artin - 2.jpg (477x608, 277K)

protondb.com/

Not quite. Most of the popular games work fine. Total average of ~50-60% of games work for the most part.

Explain further, please.

of course goyim, it's free to play forever heeeheehee

>tfw all semi-recent CODEX cracks are broken on Wine (usually doesn't let you save, or DLC isn't recognized) and you end up rebooting to win10 to play them even though they'd work if you bought it

Attached: 1554046431212.jpg (403x401, 191K)

You can still go with W7 at this time, only mongoloids are vulnerable to security risks.
If you must go with 10, install Enterprise LTSC and no other version. A very bare-bones W10 is still leagues uglier than W7, but LTSC will keep retards safe.

SteamOS.

Attached: 1560986024367.png (467x433, 233K)

Windows 10 LTSC comes at 2-5gb of system partition (i shit you not) and around of 250-500mb ram on idle and doesn't has any of the ms bloat like with LTSB because it got stripped completely, or if u want xbox game pass shit and UWP then install the normal windows 10 which is like around of 20gb system partition and 3gb-4gb ram on idle (i have 16gb so it's just uses alot for the cache probably)

depends.
i'd personally go dual-boot WinXP and Win7 and just not put any sensitive/valuable information on that PC so it's not a security risk.

When youre installing Windows 10 and it asks you for a key, you type in your key.

install them both

install Win10 _and_ Linux.

Threat Win10 like it's a console and only boot to play games if absolutely needed.

Windows 10. It used to be a good idea to install Windows 7 because a lot of software and games broke during the jump to Windows 10, but 95% of that is fixed now. Windows 10 has a lot of great features, and all of its annoyances can be turned off or configured to your preferences easily enough.

If you use win7 in 2019 then your knowledge of computers is so low it wouldn't matter if you updated to win10, except for a few UI changes.

you can't disable all the telemetry, and what you can disable will get turned back on without your permission on the next update

>all of its annoyances can be turned off or configured to your preferences
oh my sweet summer child

>tfw support for Win7 is coming to an end soon
I don't want to make the switch!

Attached: 1560666072962.png (398x326, 239K)

>tfw constantly need to review every settings every major updates because they silently get re-enabled
I barely use windows (only to use to play games now and then) but god it's still annoying. It even re-enables devices I mean to keep disabled.

windows 10 has better performance in games, so I'd imagine the option is pretty clear. Also, DirectX12.

Attached: kawaiicar.gif (350x220, 1.75M)

What settings would you like to change that Windows 10 doesn't allow you to change?

there are zero (0) reasons to downgrade to w10 if your hardware still supports w7

windows 10 and disable every "feature" it has in settings
works on my pc

>/g/ tier response
My point stands and you just proved it

install LTSC

Windows 10 has 5-25% better performance in games, as well as DirectX12 support. If you are a dumb nigger who doesnt actually play games and who just shitposts on Yea Forums all day I'm sure windows 7 suits you fine.

dx12 support hardly matters (and it's also getting backported to win7)

but even if games don't use dx12, a lot end up being "win10-only" anyway, especially anything by microsoft ported from xbox

Except it doesn't, it eats far more hardware resources and dx12 is already a dead meme.

doesn't change the fact that games run better on windows 10

You are objectively wrong. WDDM was completely rewritten and gives either a minimal (5%) or fucking MASSIVE (25%+) boost to every game.

10. 7 is really slow in comparison, game mode really does wonders, when I updated to 10 from 7 I gained around 15fps in every game and the boot time when from over 40 seconds to around 10, I'm really happy and I'm definitely not turning back

Look, I hate Linux.

I dropped out of IT college because I was forced to learn Linux and I hated it.

But anything after win 7 is putrid garbage OP. And Sadly, win7 doesn't work on modern processors. It isn't even recognized by the hardware.

I'm gonna build a PC next year, and I'm seriously considering Linux as an option. Microsoft and Windows are seriously that bad nowadays.

Maybe Linux is not a meme anymore and it is actually decent? I can't be worse than windows 10.

cancer is always free

>But anything after win 7 is putrid garbage OP
retard

>Sadly, win7 doesn't work on modern processors. It isn't even recognized by the hardware.
Works just fine, you don't receive security updates though.

>I'm gonna build a PC next year, and I'm seriously considering Linux as an option. Microsoft and Windows are seriously that bad nowadays.
Lol.

I take it you seen my post as some offensive argument when I was actually agreeing with you and just correcting something.

I just felt like it detracted from the main part of my post friend :)

t. complete tech fool

you can't even install windows 7 on modern hardware you imbecile. the BIOS doesn't recognize it.

Weird my new generation ryzen processor worked just fine on Windows 7. Might have been a registry edit, can't remember.

Imagine playing popular games.

not linux, my dear friend. Gentoo

Attached: gentoo.png (836x368, 103K)

is there a source for this performance claims? all i find in google is games just running same or worst
youtube.com/watch?v=AIC5JpBSQ-Q

fucking kek
gnufags get dabbed on

The WDDM was completely written for Windows 10. To put it simply, WDDM is what the OS and GPU use to talk to each other. Windows 7 is using such a disgustingly outdated version of WDDM that claiming it has the ability to run games faster is simply asinine.

I remembered the issue, USB ports didn't work during the installation of Windows 7 on my zen architecture CPU. There are both patched installers of win7 that fix this, as well as just using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard setup. Funny that you're gonna call someone a tech fool when you can't even figure basic shit like that out.

Maybe, there is a patch to make it work, but that's a Band-Aid solution to a major problem which is the drop of support for it, which means sooner or later people are gonna have to migrate.

When I look into the horizon all I see has hope is Linux, which I fucking. The worst part is that if I ever install Linux I'm gonna have to ask for help on Yea Forums and I'm gonna get so many meme answers I might as well just kill myself.

Fuck you Microsoft for not making Windows XP 2.

maybe you used wufuc for the processor, otherwise W7 needs USB3.0 drivers injected into the installation media

>Band-Aid solution to a major problem which is the drop of support for it,
Major problem? It installs and works fine with no performance hit, I tested with benchmarking software because I was worried. The only issue you get is a lack of security updates which plenty of people ignore anyway.

You think you know shit about computers but you don't, evidenced by your hate for linux and windows 10.

Already knew about that, tech fool.

Patching cancer doesn't heal it.

I used a patched windows 7 installer which enabled USB support during the install process on my CPU. The alternative was getting a ps/2 kbm setup but I don't have any laying around and didnt wanna pilfer through yard sales.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there something with new chipsets / mobos that makes windows 7 incompatible? There are no USB drivers for windows 7 so it doesn't actually know how to recognize usb or some shit and you can't use USBs unless you install a PCI-E to USB 3.0 or something unless you got your hands on used / older hardware.

At least, that's what I ended up having to do, the only issues I have are with my audio interface and midi keyboard periodically needing to be reconnected after a while.

>dx12
unnecessary and unused. become a Vulkan chad

I hate everything that isn't Windows XP.

8.1 is tablet garbage.

>installing security updates
>ever
lol
Yeah anyone with a brain ignore those.

Look at the /g/ wiki, there are windows debloating guides

At this point you're calling Windows 7 cancer you realize, right? That problem doesn't exist on Windows 10 which you claim to hate so much. Also not an issue on Linux...

Seems like windows 7 is the bad OS after all. weird.

Attached: hentaifingering6.gif (240x160, 889K)

you think you're way smarter than you are.

You are a retard.
Some security patches fix vulnerabilities even a s-kid can exploit.

Attached: oh no no no no.png (512x212, 10K)

There is not a single thing 10 did differently from 7 that is positive.

>just replace cancer with 10,000 kilotons of gamma radiation lol
>issue fixed!
You're hilarious.

Windows 7 is okay, its not good just okay.

Unironically?
Install mac os

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/what-s-new-for-windows-threshold-display-drivers--wddm-2-0-

>paying for Windows 10

You'd have to pay me to use that shitty botnet.

7 is better imo but losing support

pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

>Just bought a new house
>Should I install internet or some pidgeons with sanscript messages?

Windows 10 is such a bad OS that I get 144FPS on modern games with mid-end hardware, as well as a robust overlay system baked into the OS that offers more useful features than steam could ever hope to have with none of the performance hit.

Attached: 1557841176109.gif (329x302, 71K)

The bios doesn't care which operating system you're using, it just load an OS, it's up to the OS to work properly on the machine.

You can install w7 on ryzen by adding the usb drivers for the motherboard on the installation image, windows 7 works on ryzen but it's just a bit slower to write/read data on SDD's, you won't notice it on games.

script kiddies aren't going to hack you, you fucking idiot.

They may have hacked you before the security update happened, but nowadays they wouldn't bother, they would be trying to exploit the latest version of windows.

Bet you think Internet Explorer is the worst shit ever too.
>actually believing in memes unironically

And you don't? You sure act like if you were way smarter than you are.

lmao 7fags have completed their transformation and fully inherited the XPfag mantle

Attached: 1551632931185.jpg (762x677, 67K)

Win 10 LTSC
anything else will either be outdated or bloated dogshit.
You could install debian if you're not a fucking loser, but this is Yea Forums so stick with 10

The pidgeons won't spy on you.

you don't have to. Most businesses will continue to use 7 for a long time. Consumers only really have to change OS when a game developers stop supporting windows 7 all together

I at least do actual research on OS before I install them instead of trying to spew the same talking points from a /g/ post I read when the OS first released. So I'd say I'm smarter than you.

Not him but what's with all the people talking about Ryzen lately? thought Intel was king?

>thought Intel was king?
if you like publicly accessible backdoors maybe

>Most businesses will continue to use 7 for a long time

Windows 7 EoL is the end of this year, user. No businesses larger than local mom n' pop shops are gonna be using it past then.

>At least I do actual research
>BEWARE OF THE SCRIPT KIDDIES
lmao

>yeah I'm the smartest
Yeah I know, which is why I told you that you were projecting your own insecurities on me. You're not smarter than anyone even if your mom tells you otherwise.

Linux with windows xp vm for ancient games.

This.

Cant you just install 10 on a separate partition and activate it using a 7 key?

>At least I do actual research
>BEWARE OF THE SCRIPT KIDDIES

That wasn't me. I've been doing an okay job of keeping track of you, not surprising you get confused as soon as you try to reply to two people at the same time. Read a book once in a while, your brain could use it.

Linux (not Arch)

Attached: serveimage.png (2560x1440, 2.32M)

I'm not going to use Windows 7 for excel sheets you retard

consider this:
windows 7 has a much easier time running older games than windows 10, no need for as many fixes/patches.
newer games that would make windows 10 seem preferable are usually just soulless AAA titles with politics. take your pick

>this is your brain on high intellect
If you dress like a retard don't be surprised you're mistaken for one. I'm sure this happens quite often to you.

>keeping track of you
I don't think about you at all. I'm living rent-free in your head.

>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
This is kinda tl;dr but is this link explaining that I could be using my case / mobos regular USBs or is this like the tutorials I followed from before.

I'm btw

What's the alternative, and is it a good alternative? Is it better?

I built a new PC and found out that my motherboard doesn't support win7 somehow
had to settle with win10

>windows 7 has a much easier time running older games than windows 10, no need for as many fixes/patches.
maybe 3 years ago

>If you dress like a retard don't be surprised you're mistaken for one. I'm sure this happens quite often to you.
Cute.

>I don't think about you at all. I'm living rent-free in your head.
I don't think you understand how these imageboard things work. Or conversation in general. Not surprising from a windows 7 power user.

Attached: candyass.jpg (706x540, 41K)

>Not him but what's with all the people talking about Ryzen lately? thought Intel was king?
Legit not anymore. AMD has staged a genuine awesome comeback, like back with Athlon64. Zen started it but Zen 2 has shaped up to be really fucking good. I mean, part of this is apparently Intel's fuckups too (although again, that's like Pentium 4), processor design-to-production takes literally 4-5 years, so AMD's current stuff is based on where they thought Intel would be right now, and AMD believed all of Intel's optimistic
>"advanced 10nm++ deployed 2019!!"
stuff. Also before all the massive security blunders and performance reducing patches Intel has had to do which AMD had less of since they didn't cheat on memory boundaries remotely as much.

Finally, Intel have been raging faggots about pricing and artificial feature segmentation for maximum product lines and shekel squeezing. Whereas AMD only differentiates by physical stuff, like how many cores they can squeeze on. Their chiplet approach has proven more scalable too.

So now here we are, Zen 2 about to full launch, and Intel is on the back foot for once. AMD equals/beats them on performances and slaughters them on performance/$. Competition back at long last. Intel may recover but that too is good. Fucking finally.

Attached: 7658211.gif (400x300, 203K)

Most respectable tastes

too hard, thanks but no thanks

>not having an arduino with windows 10 plugged in to your monitor's VGA port just to use MS Office

>windows 7 has a much easier time running older games than windows 10, no need for as many fixes/patches.
Gonna need a citation on that one, chief.

Better performance in for literally the same price is why intel is king. 5~10 fps more which can be noticeable in some cases. Intel is actually cheaper in some locations. AMD makes no sense for gaming. Hopefully they finally do something right next month with the new ryzen, if not, I hope they finally go away.

not mine i just took the coolest thing I saw on GIS for "linux rice"

This
How the fuck is that even a question.

I thought you were keeping track of me? I don't like w7

That used to be the case a long time ago but you're hard pressed to find games that wont run on Windows 10 anymore either natively through the OS or through some kind of emulator like dosbox.

You said
>But anything after win 7 is putrid garbage OP

Implying that windows 7 is better than 10, which is objectively false, because it falls flat in every measurable statistic.

looks like some i3 rice, not actually used tho so no clue, debian comfy

>it falls flat in every measurable statistic
Other than the "not being a Soros-run SJW government botnet" statistic, you mean.

>hey guys, i'm on windows 7. look how cool and unique I am, aren't I so quirky??

Attached: 1557272210055.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

Seething.

Yeah it's always i3-gaps on Arch for some reason. That's just the kind of person that shit appeals to.

I use KDE on OpenSUSE with Yakuake drop down terminal and that's about the extent of my rice.

Because windows 7 doesn't have a slew of security exploits allowing the same people you're scared of access to it?

So we can agree they're both equally compromised. Windows 10 runs better, starts up faster, has a newer version of WDDM, and receives more future software support. I wonder how that classifies as putrid garbage? To me it sounds more like "direct upgrade." Maybe english isn't your first language?

I called w7 cancer, looks like imageboards are a bit hard for you to follow, and you're as good of a tracker as you thought you were.

yet another retard believing he has triple digits IQ

I even outright said I hate every OS that isn't Windows XP.

install Windows 10 LTSC and shut the fuck up
>iso
cdn.digiboy.ir/?b=dlir-s3&f=SW_DVD5_WIN_ENT_LTSC_2019_64-bit_English_MLF_X21-96425.ISO
>activator
drive.google.com/file/d/14uDvffFTKjfCFCxJgvJ4sqG7WQam2SAc/view?usp=drive_open
>mouse fix
donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/
>windows photo viewer
howtogeek.com/225844/how-to-make-windows-photo-viewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/

>recommended software

>music
foobar2000
audacity
album art downloader
>video player
MPC-HC if you are fucking autistic
potplayer if you just want to watch your video files
>Downloads
soulseek
qbittorrent
>misc
7-zip
GIMP
openoffice/libreoffice
sharex
foxit reader

make the taskbar look more like the xp one
click on taskbar>taskbar settings>use small taskbar buttons
combine taskbar buttons>never

>windows 7 has a much easier time running older games than windows 10
not true, see pic
also the few games that I couldn't get to run on win10 don't run on win7 either

Attached: SIMCITY_VWukB1jAHU.png (1366x738, 617K)

>make the taskbar look more like the xp one
let me dust off a classic for this one
>Y I K E S

Attached: 1537145676523.jpg (244x206, 8K)

No, fuck off shill.

If your hardware supports 7, there's literally no reason to downgrade to a shit OS like 10. If it doesn't then you're shit out of luck and you just gotta go with 10.

You can torrent windows 10 lbtc which is basically the enterprise version and doesn't have adds or cortana, it's just a less shit w10. The activator is kms_vl_all on github.

Unfortunately while windows 8.1 looks decent nobody really supports it and you may miss a lot of basic drivers from your motherbord, some programs may not work, etc.

Lmao either you're lying about that quote being from you or you replied to me after I didn't quote you, again showing you don't understand how imageboards work. Please go back!

Arch's always been a light weight style from the people I've seen using it, all min-max shell script types with a million keybinds. I went max pleb and just did XFCE with chicago95 on debian-sid, comfy as fuck.
not mine but away from desktop

Attached: loonix.png (1920x1080, 278K)

fuck off shill, I was talking about ryzen and intel

>foxit reader
You fucked up. Foxit is closed source with telemetry, not much better than Adobe Reader. Use Sumatra pdf for your pdf needs.
>MPC-HC
Dead project. Use the windows port of mpv.
>ShareX
Are you seriously installing a program to take fucking screenshots you mong?

>literally post the free iso and a keygen
>lmao fuck off shill
why are win7 contrarians so delusional?
you can even use most of the shit i listed on the other version of windows, fucking tard

No, at that point, go Linux.

You live a very sad life. Literally just click my replies until you find it, it happened less than half an hour ago. come on kid

someone redpill me on this "install epic games launcher" meme

>Use the windows port of mpv.
what are the benefits of using mpv over mpc-hc?

ARM

Attached: screenshot.13.jpg (633x608, 192K)

its a virus
so people are telling you to do it so we can laugh at you

>Windows 10 LTSC comes at 2-5gb of system partition (i shit you not) and around of 250-500mb ram on idle and doesn't has any of the ms bloat like with LTSB because it got stripped completely,
It still has some bloat and you still have to try to disable a lot of telemetry shit, but it's WAY better than standard Win10. It's also based on Enterprise so you get all the Group Policy Editor goodies and similar stuff, and you can still manually install the Windows store to play Forza because let's be fucking honest, that's the only reason to install it.

your a shill and you got paid to do it

>no xmplay
no buy

>Foxit is closed source with telemetry
source?
>Dead project. Use the windows port of mpv.
does MPV have the same shaders, upscalers and other meme gimmicks that MPC-HC has?
>Are you seriously installing a program to take fucking screenshots you mong?
snipping tool is fucking garbage, sharex has better cropping, and you can make gifs and other cool shit

win7 is really out since it's eol at the end of the year, your choices are 8.1 or 10
if you want to do 10, i recommend installing win7 using verified media, use daz loader to make it validate, then get a free upgrade to 10 (google it, you can still do it, you just can't use the free update link anymore). pirated legit copy of win10 that will pass all validation if you do it right because microsoft grants you a valid license in the process.
otherwise, you can go with 8.1 if you want to avoid 10.
this tool works with both 10 and 8.1 but requires you to rerun it every couple months: github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms

but it's literally from Epic Games. Is it really fucking with peoples computer?

Install Windows 10 and then do nothing but play MCC on Steam and look at lolis on it so the NSA and Israel watch you have the time of your life.

so? Origin was from game devs too and it literally destroyed computers.

access files he shouldn't
that's virus enough not to use it

Strictly speaking, none. You get most of the same features but you don't have to install a bunch of different plugins and fuck with ffmpeg settings because it's all done through a single config file. Also, cleaner interface. 99% of your interaction with your video files consists of opening the file and pushing fullscreen. One button screenshots, frame advance, and basically anything else you want.

Only disadvantage to mpv really is the fact that you don't see any of the controls unless you already know they're there and that's a pretty quick learning curve since, again, there's only maybe five buttons you're ever going to push.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxit_Reader

They've been caught installing malware on people's systems twice.

7 > LINUX > 8.1 > 10

didn't know this

I see. Makes sense now.

>paying for software
>ever
you probably buy your games too lol

Attached: 1520464523618.jpg (645x729, 48K)

it used to copy all of your steam data every time you launch it and save them in its folder
no it doesn't ever delete previous copies also it does it no matter what you picked in settings

Linux has been making big strides in the past few years.
invidio.us/watch?v=Co6FePZoNgE

Prob will take the linux pill once I can justify the money for newer hardware and wait it out until ReactOS gets to win7 levels of compatability and be able to ditch microsoft entirely forever.

yes goy
bill gates himself gave me money to spread cracked isos and windows keygens on ukranian jellyfish hunting message boards

I switched to foxit reader from sumatra pdf and I thought it was better, but i guess ur rite, they're kikes.

>fuckbar and aidsshitty
>not Winamp Classic
>he doesn't whip the llama's ass

Doesn't sound like its better than mpc-hc

I prefer an honest player than one that hides shit from me

Oh and I'm not sure on shaders for mpv, but it does have the same scaling algorithms if you put them in the .config file. check the mpv thread on /g/ for more information.

Honestly same boat. I use sumatra because it's open source but shit is kinda ugly compared to foxit's smooth interface.

>Yakuake drop down terminal
You, I like you. I was so happy to find there are legit Quake style terminals available. Bound that shit to my Thinkpad button and never looked back.

Attached: 1424289091151.gif (200x150, 395K)

>sharex has better cropping, and you can make gifs and other cool shit
shit, i'm gonna install it just for that. I use snipping tool and the built-in screenshot of firefox, but no gif options.
i'll check it out but I mainly use mpc for watching bullshit anime and porn. sometimes I use streamlink when I don't want to watc live streams in a browser, but that's not make or break for me.

>Linux has been making big strides in the past few years.
big if true

maybe I will as well, windows isn't even worth pirating anymore

Imagine paying for Windows.

How the fuck does a civilian get ltsc

They don't hide it, it's all in the manual. There's just no static HUD. The HUD in this screenshot fades out almost immediately after you stop moving the mouse.

F to fullscreen, S to take a screenshot, period and comma to frame advance, P to play/pause. Automatically closes at end of file too. There's a bunch of other hotkeys I don't remember but they're all in the manual.

2020 will be the year of the Linux desktop. For real this time. 2019 has been HUGE. All the major game controllers work flawlessly now, proton works with like 90% of my steam library with a few glitches here and there (A Hat in Time has a blinding glitch in Act 1-3 and some textures in Monster Hunter World don't load properly). But those are probably pretty easy fixes. Of course I use AMD so I don't have to bother with driver shit. Nvidia is a fucking shitshow on Linux.

Yes I'm using windows right now because I'm using autohotkey for gachashit while i watch cartoons and it's going to take me a while to learn how to do it in python.

Attached: Untitled.png (1066x630, 667K)

You don't without exhorbant amount of money. Microsoft doesn't want people to get it since they lose money from most of the telemetry gone. You are going to have to pirate a version of it.

>Nvidia is a fucking shitshow on Linux.
there goes my desire to get Linux

fuck Linux then

7. Are you retarded?

Is there a way to make the "environment" of Win10 look like Win7? For example, if I click the Start button, I want to see a list of recent programs, or a list of all my installed programs, not click the Start button and look at a huge page filled with a bunch of bullshit.

It's entirely an Nvidia problem.

If i pirate it how do i get updates so i get all the new gpu drivers etc

Classic Shell. Not updated anymore IIRC but still works just fine.

openshell.
Better yet install 7 because W10 is an absolute abomination of mixed UI elements

yeah, the uninstall button

AMD open source drivers are the best on Linux, but Nvidia's proprietary driver isn't THAT bad.

It wasn't long ago when that it was the best on Linux.

?
you have to manually unpin every single one of those shitty tiles tho

Attached: HMNROUM4Mh.png (1051x675, 202K)

this is true but 7 is eol at the end of the year
you might be ok running 7 eol if you only use it for steam and don't run much else
running pirated games on an eol os is just asking to be added to the botnet, though

Yeah when I say it's a shitshow I mean the process of installing it. Because on a lot of distros that aren't arch you have to recompile your kernel because Nouveau (the open source Nvidia driver) is built-in instead of compiled as a loadable module, so the Nvidia installer will fail because it can't blacklist it.

Arch Linux, to its credit, actually properly support switching between Nouveau and Nvidia. But Arch is literally just everything bad about Linux condensed and magnified.

Install Windows 10 LTSB (10 without cortana and the other metro shit), then go ahead and tone it down even further with the multiple trojan removal software that are around (use the open source ones).
Windows 10 is actually fast as fuck once you remove all the shit that microsoft sprinkled over it.

So take two minutes out of your day and unpin that shit, fuck. Better than installing and configuring an entire new shell

You can literally hop on microsoft's website right now and download it for free... if you don't mind reinstalling every three months you don't even have to pirate it.

you can buy a key for 5 bucks on ebay if you care about it being "legal"

What's the recommended way to activate Windows 10 without getting pozzed by chink malware nowadays? I haven't installed windows in like 10 years.

>installing win 10 at all

Windows 10 IS the chink malware.

So, how do you get the gamepass if your windows isn't original?

>2-5gb of system partition (i shit you not) and around of 250-500mb ram on idle

is this really true? smaller then windows 7 holy shit

In English, doc.

>2-5gb of system partition (i shit you not) and around of 250-500mb ram on idle

is this really true? smaller then windows 7 holy shit

>Connecting to the internet
Lol

>using legit copy of windows
>ever
are you niggers for real?
I havent installed legit winows on my pc even once since I have a pc
it's like paying for winrar desu

>using winrar

>He forgot about the time an Eve Online update deleted boot.ini from people's computers, bricking everyone's C: drive

Win10 is better for gaming and is incomparably better for development.
It's genuinely the best Windows ever made.

was a 8.1 chad but since my HDD died I have to move on to 10

Don't listen to this faggot, he's the type of retard that doesn't even know what telemetry is. Go 7 if you value a smidgen of privacy. Go 10 if you don't care.

If you care about privacy go Linux.

Unless you play a few specific games Linux is in a pretty much justwerks state right now.

I use a genuine key from MS Store on the laptop I work on.
For my gaming PC, I bought one from a reseller for about $40.

I'm willing to pay for software when it's reasonably priced (unlike anything Adobe).
Cracking Win10 is triply autistic, especially when faggots scream about privacy. I would just run it without activation if I didn't want to pay for the license.

Both have anonymized telemetry. Win10 is just honest about it.
Also, there's literally nothing wrong with anonymized telemetry. You are mistaking privacy with statistics.

Is it supposed to work in reverse? I bought an old beater PC with Win 10, and it let me activate 7 with the key on the sticker.

>legit copies
lmao
My friend builds PCs and he makes me call microsoft every time his shitty kinguin keys don't work.

lol that means he's selling them to multiple people.

people pay for windows?

Yes, that's what kinguin does. He's certainly not doing it, I'm usually in the same room when he buys the keys because he knows he'll have to call (so he has me do it)

Doesn't 7 only have telemetry if you update it to a certain point?

>anonymized telemetry
How do you determine if it's anonymous though?

STOP RUNNING UNSECURED SYSTEMS

If you give a shit about privacy, run Linux. If you don't want to run Linux, then you don't give a shit about privacy. Sacrificing security makes you a grandma-tier dumbass.

dude trust me :)
t. microsoft

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

It's their official statement. They can be easily taken to the court if they are openly lying in the agreement.
Of course, you can choose not to trust this statement but by that notion, the only thing you can trust then would be open-source software you had personally fully reviewed. Which you won't be doing anyway.
Also this.

What is the best it just werks version of linux? Linux mint?

Ubuntu.
Desktop Linux is retarded, though. I just ssh to mine.

Are you retarded? Type in your windows 7 key when installing windows 10 and it will activate fine

Attached: 1533702108503.jpg (480x468, 12K)

Oh yes, they can be taken to court and fined a pittance, and they'll go right back and do it again.
Naive user.

10 LTSB

More like half

Don't forget your tinfoil hat, user. Evil corporates are extremely interested in your personal porn preferences!
They are also going to tell it to CIA, FBI, your mom, and school teacher!

Runnin' a stolen outdated version with cut functionality is retarded.

>decide to finally check out 10
>put it on old hdd
>dick around and try to activate it using some oem key from an old busted laptop in garage
>it actually werks
well fuck boys here we go

Attached: 1550786561614.png (580x750, 609K)

10 they aren't supporting 7 anymore.

Win 7

It's not the porn that you should be worried about. It's the profile they've built of you, that's what you should be worried about. From toddlers with tablets to grandma on her Gateway, we're all profiled neatly away.

7 Ultimate x64.
Ignore wontworks10 shills. They'll seethe themselves to death once DXVK12 finishes and all the shitty Windows Store exclusives can be ran on both W7 and Linux.

Debian GNU+Linux

7 is objectively worse than 10, though.
I was kinda like you when I didn't want to transition from 98 to XP.

>objectively worse

Attached: 1508990442262.png (1378x1116, 3.69M)

I was with you up until misc. paint.net is better than gimp, sumatrapdf better than foxit.

>Cares about spying when he's on Yea Forums and probably using Chrome

Unironically, 8.1

Yes, objectively worse.

Just install Ubuntu. Ignore the l33t Arch ricers if they mock you.

>not using pale moon, the hipster broswer of choice

Attached: 1548635323517.png (933x1352, 2.41M)

Isn't there an issue with newer motherboards having no support for Win7?

Attached: 1544320016800.gif (240x320, 3.27M)

Read the thread.

Just use linux.

I tried staying with Windows 7, but I ended up with hardware that was rather incompatible with it. I couldn't load up my MOBO's bios with windows 7, so I had to settle with 10 instead. It's alright, I just installed a few things to make it more like 7 visual wise, and fucked about with settings so Microsoft won't steal my shit.

Win10 LTSC.

Runs way faster than 7, hogs less resources as well.

Why should I use it over waterfox?

>7 is objectively worse than 10, though.
No, it really is not.
For starters, 7 is a program. A software.
You buy it, you install it, you enjoy it.
It's also optimized for desktop / laptop devices, and thus looks and works great. Compatibility with software and hardware is great, as expected of 2010's 64-bit OS.

Now let's take a look at Wontworks 10.
>a service you subscribe to.
>made to be "jack of all trades" and work on "all" devices = tons of sacrifices and bad designs.
>literal ads and Candy Crush shit as stock software.
>Goes full retard if cut out of MS' spyware and forced updates.
>Updates can literally brick your system.
>MS constantly tries to dictate what programs you main, and delete "undesirable" software.
>Shit compatibility; suffers already with DirectX9 (NINE).
>Ugly as fuck UI. Inconsistent UI.
>TWO (2) different GUI systems working on tandem at the same time. Both which can break down individually, and render ½ of system inaccessible.
>Many once basic settings and controls are now hidden behind tons of extra clicks and "you just gotta know this!" ideology.
>Worse performance through and through.

I had to deal with multiple W10 devices for a couple years. It was an endless nightmare. Later on I just upgraded back to W7 Ultimate, and waddya know, SHIT JUST WORKS AGAIN.

Attached: wontworks10 tan is kawaii! v2.jpg (1024x1024, 198K)

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the differences between standard 10, LTSB and LTSC?

not that guy, but Aside from SP1 I never update win7 and have been doing fine. You pretty much stop just about every virus by having a good browser, adblockers, anti anti-adblockers, and noscript. Oh and not run anything suspicious. Still haven't patch my intel card ever since that big scare with multiple exploits as well and still virus free.

>just bought a house, should I put a horse and buggy in it or a car?

>10
Maximum botnet
>LTSB
Less telemetry still botnet
>LTSC
Literally who cares

That rundown was too quick, I need more info.

I bought windows 10 at a microsoft store and it was like $30 cheaper than buying online, plus they gave me a student discount because I had my card from uni on me.
Keep that in mind if you're gonna buy

LTSC is free.

>voluntarily using Chrome
>ever
shiggy diggy faggy

I've used PM for years now, ever since Mozilla went full retard.
Feels good to have an actual desktop browser with tons of control.
It also always cracks me when zoomers wonder why they can't access Flash sites and games with their Google spyware browsers.

Attached: PM in 2019.jpg (1920x1200, 538K)

They're all the same OS it's just the long term service versions are made for enterprise use and don't have the windows store, candy crush etc installed by default. They get shilled here as being better for privacy but to use them you need a pirated iso cobbled together by some pajeet and they still have the same telemetry going on in the background anyway. The only reason you'd want to use them is if you absolutely need windows 10 (you don't) and also only have 4GB of RAM that gets filled up by regular windows 10 due to all the services running.

You are spilling bullshit, user.
I'll give you the inconsistent UI, but everything else is objectively false.
Windows 10 has more functionality than Windows 7. It has incomparably better hardware compatibility. It has better performance. "Ads" in the start menu are there because you can officially download and use Windows 10 for free with marginal customization limitations. On the activated version of Windows, they can be toggled off and that toggle isn't hidden anywhere.
I'm running the skip-ahead Insider branch - as in "the most unstable version ever" and never did an update "brick" my system. Sure, shit happens - but shit happens with everything. It's an incredibly rare occurrence but Windows being "The OS" means even a 0.01% probability of shit happening will affect enough people to make some noise.
I had more issues with macOS and even Ubuntu updates than with my Windows.

Most "issues" with Windows are caused by retards who have no idea what they're doing. When the user is at least somewhat competent, it's a very stable OS.
Meanwhile, Windows 10 is de facto the best gaming OS and the most versatile dev OS. It's also the best OS for user-level multitasking and has a functionality-oriented UI.

Never pirated an OS before, will even a complete retard like me be able to do it?

Attached: 1497766561008.jpg (640x480, 55K)

>10
Regular version
>LTSB
Corporate version. Essentially an outdated 10 Pro with some functionality missing. Only receives security updates (not functionality ones) and allows for more flexible control over Group Policy.
>LTSC
Same as LTSB but a newer release.

based buddy

Yes, most drivers can be "slipstreamed" into a working Windows 7 ISO using Asus EZ installer or similar tools, but if your computer uses USB 3.1 (ie z390 motherboard) you're fucked and are forced to go to 10 or install a PCIe card just for 2.0 which is a shit workaround.

>telemetry
Keep using that buzzword like you know what it means

Windows8.1

>a service you subscribe to.
No.
>made to be "jack of all trades" and work on "all" devices = tons of sacrifices and bad designs.
True but you get that with everything.
>literal ads and Candy Crush shit as stock software.
Stop reading Verge articles.
>Updates can literally brick your system.
This has always been the case with every OS.
>MS constantly tries to dictate what programs you main, and delete "undesirable" software.
Untrue unless you're downloading actual hacking tools, at which point you know how to get it to stop doing that.
>Shit compatibility; suffers already with DirectX9 (NINE).
Also untrue.
>Ugly as fuck UI. Inconsistent UI.
Opinion but also who cares
>Many once basic settings and controls are now hidden behind tons of extra clicks and "you just gotta know this!" ideology.
They moved it, fucking deal with it you baby
>Worse performance through and through.
Completely false.

I'm beginning to think you have never actually used a computer and are posting from an iPhone.

>You are spilling bullshit, user.
No, I am not, and you know it.

>I'll give you the inconsistent UI, but everything else is objectively false.
Explain. It does not take too many seconds in Google to find a whole library's worth of people reporting numerous, severe issues with W10. And my personal experiences will not magically get any sort of happy ending and silver lining; I cringe every time I need to "fix" someone's computer, and they say they got W10.

>Windows 10 has more functionality than Windows 7
More useless mobile padding and spyware channels =/= improvement.

>It has incomparably better hardware compatibility.
Except when you literally cannot use most of pre-2010's hardware, because MicroCock decided to pair up with device manufacturers and force folks to update their peripherals as well.
>It has better performance.
Show me the evidence. I am almost certain that most W10 victims just FEEL like their system got "faster", because it was their first time doing a clean installation, which obviously perks up the machine for a time being. Once you start filling your drives full of data, things slow down to a crawl again.

Just a week ago, had to deal with my buddy's new gayman' PC he'd bought. It got fucking M3 SSD, yet it took the system over 2 minutes to get to the password entry screen from a cold start. I managed to reduce it to "just" ~1 min by making their user account into a local one, but it still pales in comparison with my 9 years old W7 PC, that has a mere SATA3 SSD, and boots up in < 30 secs, every time. Usually way faster, as I tend to use hibernation over shut down as well.

>"Ads" in the start menu are there because you can officially download and use Windows 10 for free with marginal customization limitations
And that makes it all "OK", and excuses the shitty UI?

>they can be toggled off
Yup, you literally ARE saying that ads are OK.
Fucking kys.

>"works on my PC! :^)" argument
Does not work on many, many other folk's devices

Attached: w10 auto updates ruin SA lifes.jpg (680x630, 121K)

If you download a windows 10 iso from Microsoft right now, and install it on a fresh system, you will not get candy crush ads. The Verge wrote that shitty article because the fucking Dell they bought shipped with a bunch of crapware like literally every pre-made PC ever and they don't know the difference between an OEM vendor recovery disk and an actual copy of windows 10.

they added the exact same telemetry shit that is in 10 to 7 and 8 years ago

Are you actually going to invalidate any of my points, shill?

>No.
Yes.

>True but you get that with everything.
Does not make it right.

>Stop reading Verge articles.
I don't. How about (You) start building and maintaining PCs for the living?

>This has always been the case with every OS.
Absolutely false.
Is this seriously what post-XP zoomers believe?

>Untrue unless you're downloading actual hacking tools
Negative. People have reported their entire Adobe CS packs and game folders disappearing.

>Also untrue.
Broken record.midi
You clearly know jack shit about game development as well.
The whole reason MS is busy pushing DX12 on the unwilling devs throats is because W10 by its very design is getting less and less legacy compatible, which includes DX9 as well. Some games have even retroactively REMOVED their included DX9 modes in recent weeks, because it no longer aids folks on W10.
Thank god for Vulkan though.

>Opinion but also who cares
I do.
Anyone with half the brains or degree in visual designing does.

>They moved it, fucking deal with it you baby
Oh I will deal with it, alright. By not using your software ever again.
You also seem to wanna ignore all the basic functionalities and options MS has REMOVED altogether.

>Completely false.
nice record loop, m8.

>posting from an iPhone
I tend to forget that some people are masochistic enough to do such travesty these days.
You also clearly seem to fail at recognizing phone posters.

1. False.
2. W7 lets you uninstall and block EVERYTHING. And this is making MS so damn mad.

Attached: W10 is a SERVICE.png (970x292, 87K)

Only in the later updates which you can choose to not install or uninstall if you actually have them. Remember that in Win7 you can actually uninstall certain updates.

>Dead project. Use the windows port of mpv.
It's feature complete. That's why it's """"dead"""". It still gets regular updates for bug fixes and filters.

Bro they still use xp at my work and it's srs bsns

>Remember that in Win7 you can actually uninstall ALL updates.
FTFY.
I've also had all updates disabled for almost a decade soon.

delusional neet.

If it's a service that I subscribe to, what happens when I stop subscribing? FUCKING NOTHING BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUBSCRIPTION, JACKASS.

>Is this seriously what post-XP zoomers believe?
Bitch you never used windows 98 or windows XP, much less Windows 2000, ME, Vista, or 8.

>record loop
Sorry, what am I supposed to say about your blatant lies other than they're completely untrue? Stop getting your information from the fucking Verge. I read all those articles too, they're bullshit.

>Unironically using Adobe
Found your problem.

>No businesses larger than local mom n' pop shops are gonna be using it past then.

The opposite actually. Large businesses can contract Microsoft for extended security support. The DoD does that. Upgrading 150,000 workstations across multiple work sites is not a small task. Joe Plumber with like 3 computers can just use an ipad with a credit card reader for a bit if his shit goes south.

>windows 10

7 obviously.

My new build has the dreaded intzl + nvidia combo, how fucked am I if I want to go Ganoo Linux instead?

I built a new rig a few months ago and I had same dilemma. I installed Win 7 first, but it caused a bunch of problems because Intel no longer supports Win 7, (The CPU and mobo) had all sorts of weird conflicts and basically forced me to upgrade.

10 is a disgrace of modern recicled, boring styled, advertisement greedy technology

You "subscribe" just by using the software.
You need to accept the rules and responsibilities when you install the OS, and when you create your account.
MS holds all power over what goes on on your PC once it has W10.
The only way to "unsub" is to uninstall and stop using the OS.

>Bitch you never used windows 98 or windows XP, much less Windows 2000, ME, Vista, or 8.
It's cute when some 90s kids try to tell me what I've done or not.
No mate, my first own PC ran W3.1. I think it might've been some sort of a x286 derivate, no idea. MY second home PC was 386 running W95 (yeah, really), followed by a mid-90s Thinkpad with W98.
The new millennium I greeted with the notorious ME. I got familiar with the on-desktop error messages really fast. Actually lost tons of data thanks to that babe.

I actually used 3 PCs with WinXP afterwards, before upgrading to W7 Ultimate in 2011. And that's what I've used on all my computers ever since.

>y-yer lying!
>pls delet this!!
t. (You).

>muh Verge
I didn't even know of that yank site before you started shilling for it. But now that I checked it out ... waddya know! Some neat, unpleasant stories
about the true face of W10.
That your only """argument""" that you gonna use to debunk all my claims?

Attached: w10 deletes user files.jpg (1080x1355, 570K)

You are doing literally everything wrong.

Not at all.

Haha at least I had a good deal

This. It's not even an insult in this case, it's the actual term for someone that does this.
Unlike this person, here he actually is retarded.

>create your account
MS does not have access to my account. It is entirely local. You don't know anything about the installation of this system and you need to stop talking. What happens when I unplug the internet? NOTHING. Because you're talking out of your ass.

>Actually lost tons of data thanks to that babe.
No shit, so the original point that windows has always had the risk of shitting itself is correct? Yeah I fuckin thought so. Bitch. That's why backups exist.

Only business and legitimate retards buy windows, it's always free.

>Explain
You have no idea what you're talking about. For instance
>More useless mobile padding and spyware
You have no idea what you're talking about because Win10 has pretty fucking robust functionality. It starts with user-friendly battery management, hotspot, gestures, virtual desktops, HDR support; and ends with dev stuff like PowerShell, Hyper-V, and WSL.
Of course, you don't know this because you have no idea what you're talking about.
>Except when you literally cannot use most of pre-2010's hardware
Except you have no idea what you're talking about as I had installed Win10 on pre-2007 hardware with literally no issues.
Win7 has close to zero hardware compatibility on its own. Win10 works with almost everything out of the box. Only older office equipment tends to consistently have issues with Win10 out of the box. That being said, downloading the latest available driver (even if not for Win10 specifically) had never failed to resolve the issue.
>Show me the evidence.
Well, you can google it for instance.
Windows 10 is great at managing resources. Were you to know shit you're talking about you would've had an experience of putting your PC under a heavy load like, say, I have - I have to run servers, clients, emulators, IDEs, etc - and Windows 10 is pretty fucking great at managing resources. Setting up a similar dev environment on, say, macOS will cause the machine to throttle itself to death. Win7 is not only utter shit (worse than macOS) for development - it's also worse at dynamically managing system resources compared to Win10. That being said, you have no idea what you're talking about so, of course, you don't know that.
>And that makes it all "OK", and excuses the shitty UI?
>Yup, you literally ARE saying that ads are OK.
>Fucking kys.
Those aren't arguments. You're being retarded.
>Does not work on many, many other folk's devices
Works with no problems on several degrees of magnitude more other folks' devices.

You can just download a legit ISO and activate it with any kms tool of you choice.

The argument I'm going to use to debunk the headline you posted is that that particular update was only pushed to retards using the Insider Branch and was pulled before it hit the general population. Why the fuck anybody would willingly beta test for Microsoft is beyond the scope of this discussion.

Use Linux or W10. There are no other options. W7 is not a fucking option. Get over your baby duck syndrome.

You don't even need to activate it, really. You just get a little naggy shit in the bottom corner.

iirc unlike normal windows that just nags, ltsc doesn't fuck around and will actually lock itself up after three months or whatever it is

>he has to emulate his pc games on his pc

Attached: 1532268366132.png (500x500, 467K)

>MS does not have access to my account. It is entirely local.
>uses W10
m8 ...

>You don't know anything about the installation of this system and you need to stop talking
Sounds like I know a bit too much, and it is making you mad.
Why are you mad exactly? What's your relationship with Microsoft Windows 10?

>What happens when I unplug the internet? NOTHING.
That's a bizarre comeback. Not sure what you're referring to exactly. The blocking of all telemetry and updates? Yeah, that will require some more extreme actions, and it will absolutely make the system go nuts. Eventually even self-destruct.

>No shit, so the original point that windows has always had the risk of shitting itself is correct?
I got a feeling that you also have problems following and especially having a regular conversation. That's what triggering can cause in less civilized people.
Also, correct if I'm wrong, but you also seem to be defending unstable, risky operating systems, that can destroy not only themselves, but your essential files and documents? Really?

>You have no idea what you're talking about.
Still not explaining anything.

>My mobile device addons and copy of the terminal are totally going to compensate for all the jewish shit and terrible system design, guys!
I don't think so.

>Win7 has close to zero hardware compatibility on its own.
Now THAT is one hot take. Holy shit.
You don't need to go further than 2013 when W10 literally starts losing compatibility and drivers for business-grade laptops and accessories, sometimes requiring you to manually search and install Windows 8 (not 8.1) versions of the drivers and firmware, where as W7 SP1 works out of the box.

>Those aren't arguments. You're being retarded.
Oh the irony

>Use Linux or W10. There are no other options. W7 is not a fucking option
Because you say so? Cute.
I will be using my W7 all the way to 2030 at this pace.
Somewhere in the early 2020s, I will start dualbooting it with Linux.

Attached: Microsoft support tale.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Windows 10 but only play video games on it.
Get a cheap linux laptop and watch porn and all other shit on that.

BOOM you're safe from spying. Extra points if you use a vpn only on the cheapo laptop.

>You don't need to go further than 2013 when W10 literally starts losing compatibility and drivers for business-grade laptops and accessories, sometimes requiring you to manually search and install Windows 8 (not 8.1) versions of the drivers and firmware, where as W7 SP1 works out of the box.
Literally false
>Still not explaining anything.
>I don't think so
>Now THAT is one hot take. Holy shit.
>Oh the irony
Literally not an argument.

The bottom line is - you have no idea what you're talking about as was stated before.
Stop being retarded anytime.

...or I could just use this same half a decade old W7 PC, that does everything and anything I need and more, all while being very competitive with more recent hardware.

>Literally false
You need to learn new words.
My HP Elitebook 8570W literally, no joke, zero hyperbole, did not work on Windows 10. Period. Once you got one function working again, something else broke, or obligatory updates reseted all the hard work back to zero.

>Stop being retarded anytime.
Apply to (You)rself first, and tell me how I am "wrong".
That's a lot of butthurr for an unaffiliated consumer.

>You don't need to go further than 2013 when W10 literally starts losing compatibility and drivers for business-grade laptops and accessories, sometimes requiring you to manually search and install Windows 8 (not 8.1) versions of the drivers and firmware, where as W7 SP1 works out of the box.

I used W7 for its entire life span. It has never included drivers for any model of Wi-Fi card out of the box. In several instances it did not include drivers for Ethernet either, necessitating the use of motherboard driver CDs. Sound cards, including Realtek onboard sound, also require driver downloads. QUIT. FUCKING. LYING.

...so is my legit W7 Ultimate SP1 disc some sort of an anomaly? I've put it on 3 or 4 desktops and almost as many laptops in the past 8 years now, and besides some rare special functions (ie. ROG's shit), at least the basic functionality seems to always be guaranteed.
Really the only thing I usually gotta go fetch is USB3 drivers.

>a lot of butthurr
You are the one throwing around pointless statements - not me. I've answered your questions directly even if with some snark. You are incapable of accepting the answer because it goes against your agenda, hence built-in VM, OS translation layer, robust scripting tool, support for the industry standards, and QOL features are "mobile device addons" and "copies".
How do you expect me to take you seriously when you're obviously uneducated on the topic?
>My HP Elitebook 8570W
HP doesn't have this problem
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8570w-mobile-workstation/5257502

It tends to be the user fault the vast majority of the time. Sure, there are unpleasant exceptions, but seeing as you have literally no idea what you're talking about, your main problem is you.

>You are incapable of accepting the answer because it goes against your agenda
The irony levels are off the chart.
Majority of your replies have been very inoriginal twists on "no u!", with only your list of apps aimed at the hi-end user being somewhat of an effort.
I still fail to see how all those developer tools would negate all the feces you need to wipe out and then pretend things to be "OK" when using W10.
Or why anyone would willingly use MS' cheap imitations when far superior 3rd party tools exist. Or how W7 would not support "industry standards", when it has been THE dominant OS around the globe up until these very days.
QOL features? Give me a break; using W10 is like juggling thin glass vases while waltzing on a mine field.

>HP doesn't have this problem
You're right. It's a Microsoft's problem, not giving a shit of perfectly serviceable hardware made before 10's time.

>your main problem is you.
Because mighty Microshit can do no wrong, and wrongthinkers are just dummy thick?

How can you write so much text and say absolutely nothing?

>some functionality missing
What functionality? Is it something important, or shit like app stores, ads and other useless stuff?

This.
steal Enterprise 2019 LTSC instead

this, best of both worlds

Nothing important.
LTSC does everything you could want it to on an as-needed basis. It's the most secure, customizable, minimal installation, there's never any reason to install another version of W10 if you have the choice.

>shit like app stores, ads and other useless stuff?
That's exactly what it is.

Whats a better mobo to upgrade to, I currently have a z390 and I eventually want off of this wild ride.