Is the Yo-Kai Watch series any good? I need to find a replacement for Pokemon now that it's dead

Is the Yo-Kai Watch series any good? I need to find a replacement for Pokemon now that it's dead.

Attached: 71Ef89-NomL._SL1276_.jpg (1276x1145, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fbZFiIQpDJE
pushsquare.com/news/2018/07/ni_no_kuni_iis_season_pass_dlc_is_nowhere_to_be_seen_four_months_after_release
youtube.com/watch?v=R5-ADLj1FqU
kaialone.tumblr.com/post/185305080115/yo-kai-watch-4-first-30-minutes-of-the-game
twitter.com/game_yokai/status/1141256381153992704
twitter.com/game_yokai/status/1141522670128779265
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2lOM8qQ0U
youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ0znP2Lc8
youtube.com/watch?v=hAsKChoMMZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=E9QAq1fUcQI
vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=359253
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes actually. Its VERY good. I'd say start with the 2nd game considering its essentially a soft reboot (MC loses memory at the start of the game). I'd say to get Psychic Specters (essentially the Emerald of YKW2) as it has all version exclusives and more content than the other 2 versions. Think of it as essentially a definitive edition.

Attached: WhisperCouch.jpg (428x529, 35K)

Doing some research I found out that the next Yo-Kai Watch game is apparently adopting a completely new battle system. Now, since I haven't played any of the games I don't know how good the old battle system is, but this is what I generally consider a risky move in most cases. How do fans of the series feel about this?

3 already had a different battle system. Fans are fine with this. Better to keep it interesting than bland ya know. Better to keep innovating.

Does Yo-Kai Watch have waifubait monsters like Pokemon?

Attached: 84e74de5fab59f24d8eec02afb8d79a1.png (706x1000, 392K)

I was planning on buying 4, will I need knowledge/experience of the previous games to play this one?

>Pokemon now that it's dead.

>Pokemon is dead
>Yo-kai Watch

Bait or retard.

Attached: YW4.png (925x450, 29K)

Depends on what you consider acceptable, I guess.

Nope. The games are generally episodic

Oh yes.

Attached: 7016a.png (526x552, 164K)

I would fuck the shit out of jigglypuff, does it have monsters like that ?

Attached: 1560784724859.png (712x994, 412K)

Oh, derp. Forgot to put the image in. Does this come close?

Attached: 0061A626-7789-4BAF-ABCC-268B6E60C021.jpg (321x512, 25K)

>Better to keep it interesting than bland ya know. Better to keep innovating.
Dont let the Paper Mario losers hear you say that

oh my fucking god bro, what game is he from ? so cute

Attached: dFGiFRS.jpg (1398x1834, 299K)

that's it, these designs looks so much fucking better than every new galar pokemon we got

is the game as good as these designs ? i might finally be able to leave the shithole that is the pokeman fandom

Attached: XATU MUSCLE.jpg (600x667, 48K)

First game (?). Name is blizzaria.

Is the third game a good starting point? For reference I played the demo for the first game and the battle system bored me to tears, but I hear the sequels improve on that front.

Attached: 1463535986524.jpg (533x493, 27K)

Just play the fucking game already and decide for yourself. Holy shit are there really people really need others to even think for them

Personally speaking, I think it is. (regarding the third game) Big worlds, good humor and characters, fun combat, nice variety of things to do - including a dungeon crawler. Not all of the designs will be your cup of tea, since some are straight up ugly or goofy, but if you can deal with those and learn the game it's a good time.

im going to start with the switch one so im asking before i buy it you retard

I enjoy the show far more because its a top tier SoL anime, but the games themselves are pretty damn fun.

The Switch one has a small amount of Yo-kai at launch. They promise to add in the rest until there's about 800, however.

Not really much of an opinion, but as someone that played the games since the first it reflects the feedback.
1+2 got flak for being auto-based (aka the whole 'game play itself' debacle despite the frequent curveballs).
Blasters fixed the issue by being an action RPG, but got flak for being grindy
3 Fixes some issues of both but contains the stigma from previous games
4 is now an all out action RPG game.

It is kinda fun watching how the game adapts each time though

>this is a yokai
>this is actually what the model looks in game

Attached: YD7-003.png (283x281, 71K)

You'll miss some context of side quests, but you can jump into 3 with little to no issue.
If you want context, watch a story walkthrough of 2 online. It's amazing what having a grid for that system does.

If the battle system really bores you though I would recommend getting the Blasters game, which is an action romp than an RPG one

daddy af

daddy

Naturally, his presense attracted a very niche fanbase

Attached: El Dorago Reference.png (2958x1304, 2.72M)

>They promise to add in the rest
How? Via free patches?

what is the BEST yo-kai watch game ?

Attached: SAKURAKO.jpg (768x768, 88K)

I assume so.

3, no doubt.
Supposedly. The first major update is already being previewed and will come out later this summer

Attached: YW4 update.jpg (1200x654, 160K)

GameFreak must have really fucked up if Pokefags are jumping ship to "The Pokemon Killer"

Do we have ANY reviews or footage of YW4? The fucking thing came out today in japan

Imagine if Nintendo puts GameFreak in charge of Yo-Kai Watch.

is my bro in yo-kai watch 4?

Attached: shutendoji.png (699x885, 346K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fbZFiIQpDJE
Footage has been around for a while from early review copies.
Please stay away from my precious puffball

Attached: Smogling reference fix.png (1179x1226, 1.19M)

Do I need to play all to understand plot?
which one is best for 3dssss

Ganondorf?

Skip 1
Try 2
If you don't like 2, play 3
Wait for 4

Yes

Attached: 1542789474249.png (580x519, 272K)

see

I played YW2, put in about 100 hours cause of how insanely long the postgame is. Does the 3rd game do enough to feel fresh?

Does this answer your question

Attached: 1540101342346.jpg (700x394, 54K)

>Played YW2 when it came out
>found this little fella
>Oh fuck yes insta-grab it's so damn cute
>few levels later it evolves
>Aw sweet I wonder what cool smoke monster it's gonna beco-
>suddenly giant fucking titties in my face
I've never been so surprise-boner'd in my life

>tfw 4 wont come to the west since 3 had shit sales+zero advertisement

3 actually sold quite well over here. About as well as it possibly could have.

Attached: 1548498468893.gif (300x300, 321K)

Does yokai have good shotabait?

So how does YW4 work? You have like 5 playable characters so does that mean you're forced to balance like 5 different teams?

3 actually did really good.

No

nice! i hope he's recruitable.

GameFreak has been fucking up since XY, and they've been getting worse and lazier with each game. Now they're outright removing Pokemon, and no this isn't a one time thing but a new policy of theirs going forward.

Nope. They announced today (the launch day) that out of 700+ yokai, only 109 made it into 4.

does yo-kai watch run well on citra or does it run like shit like the newest pokemon games ? i might try it out before buying yokai watch 4

Attached: confused.jpg (600x640, 38K)

Holy fuck I love Yokai Watch now.

They announced they'd ALL be added over time via updates

List of Yokai in the base game?

Addressing the elephant in the room.

Do the monsters lewd well?

Pretty much. More post game that goes to 99+ and a sidegame (Blasters T) that has its own story and plot will definetly make one hell of a time sink

Nope. They only said some would come with updates. But when the game flops they’ll probably shelves updates like Ni no kuni 2

ah you're just baiting. ok

>XY bad cause it's not 2D

while i'm at it, is based fudou in ykw4 as well?

Attached: FudouMyouOu.jpg (290x500, 165K)

Retard it took months for them to announce anything
pushsquare.com/news/2018/07/ni_no_kuni_iis_season_pass_dlc_is_nowhere_to_be_seen_four_months_after_release

Based retard.

>They announced today (the launch day) that out of 700+ yokai, only 109 made it into 4.

Crazy considering so many of the yōkai are just reskins of the same two designs (the cat and whatever that other dog/bear/whatever is supposed to be.)

This after Level-5 delayed the game multiple times? How lazy is Level-5?!

Attached: Cat.png (1316x1964, 2.65M)

pixel art turn based rpgs are the best

Sometimes. It's a hit and miss.
They put her in a wedding outfit

Attached: Wedding_Enraenra_Reference_alt.png (1203x2000, 1.64M)

XY is basically a unfinished game, just think about it as if its pokemon Ruby/shappire but without pokemon emerald

Nobody is falling for your bait

how bad is yokai watch 1 ?

so starting with yokai 3 is okay?
the combat in the first two seems like hot garbage

When you actually play it you realize that it works

Play the demo and find out yourself.

If I ever play this game it'll be just so I can see this character.

Attached: D9PKsWcX4AEecju.jpg (1190x1200, 127K)

See

I heard you need to balance two different teams in the third game. That sounds tedious as fuck

in a perfect world, yokai watch released simultaneously worldwide and properly spaced out their games, becoming a worldwide phenomenon and pushing gamefreak into irrelevancy. then a few years later, gamefreak, humbled by their defeat, actually put in some work and produce a god tier 3d Pokémon game that brings them back into the public eye.
unfortunately yokai watch never caught on with the west and on top of that the game releases are like 2 years behind, and Pokémon continues to dominate despite consistently churning out garbage since the transition to 3d. god I hate mindless consumers and brain-dead fans so much for enabling gamefreak's shitty business practices

Attached: 1530049361581.jpg (500x488, 23K)

Well it isn't really. The first half of the game has you play as two different characters so really you just balance the yokai you get in those areas. Once you reach the halfway, you'll just have one team then with all the yokai from both areas.

hopefully ykw3 doing well in the west means that they'll localize it reasonably soon. rumor has it that snack world is also finally coming to the west.

it didnt help it has a terrible dub

Well blame Disney for that one. Considering the dub aired on Disney XD (least in America)

>DLC for Yokai watch is over 800 yokai
>all recolors of Jibanyan
LOL

If all the Nyan army gets in, it would make up about 7% of the 800 or so. I know it took up like 9% in the 3rd game, but it actually got smaller because one nyan is OCnyan, so you can make your own and that Level-5 can finally stop churning them out from the tires of trucks and cars that can't stop running over cats.

I only really wish they put in some of the Three Kingdoms Generals into the main game to mix things up.

Attached: Lady Sun reference alt.jpg (2808x2802, 2.58M)

Clunky/odd things in YKW1 that got changed/fixed in sequels:
>You can't skip dialogue faster with the B button, and the dialogue box needs to finish before you can skip it
>The Yokai Lens takes a million years to fully lock onto a target
>Unable to see what a Yokai's favorite food is or whether you've befriended them or not
>You can't use the Target Pin prior to battle
>In YKW2 and 3, the music playing prior to battle will loop the first part endlessly, and the full track will only play if you go into battle; This is not the case in YKW1
>You can't pedal faster on your bike, pressing the sprint button only makes you ring the bell
>There's no zoom out on the map, nor are there names of locations and areas of interest
>You are only permitted three cranks from the Crank-a-Kai a day
>There's no comfy train rides, and it automatically takes you from Springdale Central to Sunshine Station, which is the only place the train takes you to and fro
>Mirapo only gives you the location name and a vague idea of where that might be on the full map, and only in YKW3 was this changed to being able to see the location of where the Mirapo would transport you to
>You can't change what Yokai you wish to be accompanying you
>There's only a single portrait for every character that has them, whereas the sequels added multiple facial expressions, and in 3, added voice clips (Whether you like them or not)
>There's honestly not a whole lot to do in the post-game, outside of the Infinite Inferno and filling out the Medallium
>The Menu only has six options, making you go into Info for your Medallium and Yo-kai Spots info
>The fishing minigame used to be the exact same as bug catching
>Odd equippable items (Tags that raise one specific elemental defense/lowers regular defense, rings that do the same for attack, the tags/rings/gemstones you use for fusing those items)
>Incredibly minor detail; Mr. Zen's fusion has a bubble above him that says SHOP, while in YKW2, it says Fusion!

Attached: Sick Dunks.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

hope the game is not a mess with many MCs

Attached: D9FOVdeVUAAvE6E.jpg (664x1200, 111K)

fuck, i guess i will try to play YKW2 then

wtf I love Yo-Kai Watch now

Smogmella is bae

Oof, yeah it's probably way too hard to go back to the first game now. Especially after 200+ hours in 3.

As someone who has actually played 1, you honestly aren't missing out on a whole lot. 2 and 3 do so much in comparison that it completely trivializes 1. It should also be noted that the beginning of 2 completely retcons all of the events that happened in 1.

Attached: 1544824659865.gif (480x270, 2.5M)

I've played all the (localized) games, it's just been a long time since I played 1 so I don't remember a lot of it.

It's not very memorable compared to the others. About the only things I still remember from 1 is the stuff with Komasan and the final boss theme, which is still the best in the series imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=R5-ADLj1FqU

Attached: Pupper.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

yo-kai watch has been coming with better monsters lately than anything we've seen from swsh.

Attached: shadowside.png (800x1648, 1.6M)

Shame that Shadowside is already out the door before 4 even came out over there.

Attached: 1234.png (2122x519, 994K)

>Level-5 actually didn't Poochie her
>She's actually in 4, but got delegated to side character, but even still she appears in the intro
I'm honestly glad.

Attached: 75279516_p0.png (1750x1750, 434K)

>just make it bara or waifu material
>better
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kaialone.tumblr.com/post/185305080115/yo-kai-watch-4-first-30-minutes-of-the-game

4 looks excellent on switch

meanwhile, in swsh...

Attached: Impidimp.jpg (1860x1046, 140K)

Not the guy that makes fun of the designs, but you have to admit that shadowside really likes to use humanoid figures for the lightside/battles. I like it more when you deal with the more bizarre figures or those that return to tradition like Jorogumo

Attached: Jorogumo Shadowside reference.png (2000x1475, 3.4M)

yeah, i'm not watching this.

Attached: ykwyoutube.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

twitter.com/game_yokai/status/1141256381153992704

>hating on the Imp
I bet you hate the Ice Cream Pokemon too

Japanese onions

i like the ice creams. impidimp just sucks.

Attached: tumblr_onjit6bDzA1qioqevo1_250.gif (178x380, 1.25M)

Play SMT and collect demons

Attached: latest[1].png (494x719, 500K)

Japs unironically love their s 0 y.

chad

Attached: D9c7GzOU0AEuprf.jpg (276x647, 23K)

Yo-Kai Watch IRL gets weird.

Attached: 1552609787729.jpg (1200x1200, 196K)

The battle system is complete shit. You do almost nothing for the most part, the Yokai fight by themselves. Outside of that, it's great.

>you have to admit that shadowside really likes to use humanoid figures for the lightside/battles.
i'm a digimon fan, so i actually like that.

I love Mirapo
Underrated

Attached: jfJQxc6.png (1153x647, 614K)

Nonuttin? More like Noneck

Attached: psvnLfn.png (1150x647, 706K)

Attached: 1477155450195.png (359x482, 91K)

What episode is this from?

Some of the designs from the new movie got posted

Attached: h1D5KJO.png (1154x647, 611K)

Is that Jibanyan as a human?

Attached: koma_city_person_comic.png (500x1200, 222K)

Isn't it obvious

Attached: NuKcN2k.png (1153x646, 645K)

New movie is a school AU.
... I can dig it.

Jibanyan is also just a decent freebie Yokai in 1, while in 2 he's a main character since he became popular. Not really a gameplay change but it's pretty obvious going between games.

I'm not sure about this

Should also be worth noting that in 1, if you fuse him to make Thornyan or Baddinyan, you lose the regular Jibanyan. Whereas in 2 and 3, he always splits up with whoever he fuses with, but you keep the medal.

Attached: 47922162_p7.png (600x615, 170K)

Can you guys give me what games I Should get first? Pokemons dead to me and I would love to try yokai watch

I do recall that you can get an extra Jibanyan in the Infinite Inferno, only in the first game. So it's not a complete loss.

I am curious how 4 is going to handle Pandanoko.

read the thread, faggot. Everyone is recommending 2 Psychic Spirits, but 3 plays differently so also worth a look.
but in the end

2: Psychic Specters or 3.
You may be better off getting them digitally unless you have money to spare. Psychic Specters isn't that pricey (it's only slightly above $40) but 3 was a fairly limited printing so copies are expensive

I wouldn't know about an extra Jibanyan, but there're wild Komasan there in 1.
Also Pandanoko can go fucking fuck himself. Dozens of streetpasses and I haven't seen him at all.

Try out 2 Psychic Specters, and if you don't like that, just get 3.

>I would love to try yokai watch

1. Find a cheap copy of 2 (doesn't need to be Psychic Spectres)

2. Watch the first movie

Pokémon is ridiculously basic and almost any game with similar mechanic is better. Yokai Watch is great because it has that Level 5 comfiness to it, but check out Digimon as well. Nice story and proper bonerculture without being obscene.

Attached: 37B2C3A5-8485-4337-AE19-E4DDDD417C8A.jpg (323x690, 64K)

>not on PC or Nintendo
What the FUCK were they thinking?

You can still get them on PS4 with good conscience as was published in the good old days... before the dark times.

I don't own a Censorstation 4 and never will, fuck Snoy.

they're also available on vita.

Who the fuck owns a Vita?

What are the best Digimon games?

Cyber Sleuth and its follow up Hacker's Memory. They're turn-based RPGs with a satisfying collection mechanic.
Or Digimon World Next Order, which is a monster-raising sim where you go around the world recruiting Digimon to rebuild a city.
It's based on the original PS1 Digimon World which, while I do adore, is an absolute jank and obtuse piece of shit.

not him but currently the digimon hype got reinvigorated by the cyber sleuth series on the PSvita/PS4. Not sure about the other games though, but it's a good start.

Attached: 1527209264982.png (1128x530, 234K)

Impdimp doesn't suck.
It's just the fact that Impdimp is Pokemon trying to rip off Timidevil.

Attached: 1554610613019.png (1348x1035, 1.12M)

Post more choice yokai.

NOOO THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!
MASUDAAAAA!!!!!!!!!1 KAANTTTOOOOOOO!!!! SAVE MEEE!!!!!!

are we caught up to Japan with YKW3 US QR codes?

Attached: D1F7Cb3V4AAyEpB.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

twitter.com/game_yokai/status/1141522670128779265

New trailer
>They literally just gave Katie her own Watch
It's about goddamn time

Attached: D9LRzXBU8AAw-ca.jpg (1200x1036, 125K)

I believe so. They posted the Lord Enma QR code a few weeks ago, and I believe that's the last one needed to unlock every Yo-kai.

Psychic Specters, Yokai Watch 3, and Yokai Watch Blasters White Dog Squad.

Just a note for Blasters WDS, don't expect anything from the online until you reach rank 15, you'll sometimes find people in rank 10-14 but it's better to just find someone to put on your 3DS friend list willing to help you grind from rank 10 to 15 once you complete the main story. Once you're at rank 15, you can just go crazy with everyone else that's playing and have an easier time tackling the much harder Moon Rabbit Crew missions.

We have been since day 1 bruv
fuck 101queefy for ratting out the site that hosted the QR codes

>cutting off her sphinx body
Gashi I love you but come on man

Attached: 1461887607226.png (600x600, 529K)

Oh, I know the sites with the data mined passwords and qr codes.

The question is has the official USA source released all the QR codes they plan to release officially?

yeah, I'm pretty sure the official twiter posted the Enma one a few eeks ago. That was the last of them.

NO NO NO !!
PLEASE KEEP BUYING POKEMON!!
DONT REAVE!!
FAHK YOU REVER 5!!
YOKAI WATCH SHEET!!!
I GIVE YOU 800 POKEMON AND YOU STILL NOT HAPPY?
FAHK YOU!!!

Attached: download (3).jpg (217x232, 7K)

Is the southern accent localization in 3 as bad as I've heard people complain about it as? I know the reasoning behind it, I mean just to read.

It's fine, honestly. It honestly feels very self aware though.

Attached: 712ab5d27fa6b47fe7919ec03ba2bc4c8b98bf5bv2_00.jpg (158x158, 10K)

It's fun. Buck is good friend til the end.

Attached: 7vleebyl0d531.png (7000x2500, 3.1M)

Yeah it's a bit of a pain to read, especially in the first chapter, but it's toned down after that and one other incident.

Attached: 1484593500389.jpg (566x800, 511K)

why is keanu reeves here?

Im getting a switch next month so should I aim to get the yokai watch game for that?

The artist put him there because of E3. He's basically creating a mural of every Yo-kai in 3, one Yo-kai per day. He finished Brave a while ago and now he's doing Mysterious.

Can you read Japanese? If so, go for it.

BRAPPPP
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2lOM8qQ0U

>When you find her with her hood off
God Little Charrmer's so fucking hot

Attached: 1550801139476.jpg (849x885, 596K)

YW has had crossover Yokai in the past

Yokai Watch x Digimon WHEN

Completely skipped LGPEE (didn't even touch the shitty demo) and will do the same for every future game. FUCK GameFreak, literally the Japanese Bethesda.

Attached: 1452656114039.png (305x332, 153K)

It's not as bad as the Hailey parts of the game. A couple of characters having weird accents to their speech is no way near as bad as DUDE US OTAKUS AMIRITE LMAO

I want more inappropriate art.

uhh

why

Attached: 1552620208692.gif (480x270, 1.59M)

I JUST DO, DAMMIT!

Attached: 64004BA0-5E4E-4303-87A0-DAC1DFABF68D.jpg (2048x1536, 244K)

What's the best practices guide to Create-a-Nyan ?

Does anyone know where I can get the sound effects of this game it's too good

youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ0znP2Lc8

>That boss in 3 that has a drum solo in the middle of the battle

youtube.com/watch?v=hAsKChoMMZ0
YW3's ost is so full of bangers

Attached: 60085384_p0.png (800x800, 275K)

Is there a blizzaria sheet like this?

>tried recruiting the crossroad yokai from the start
>too many failed attempts
>I'm afraid I might've trivialized the rest of the game by grinding too much
I want to continue but I ain't continuing until that fuck is in my team

Attached: anger impact.png (201x295, 3K)

>good Digimon games

Trade for the burgerpunk later.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9QAq1fUcQI
God, this soundtrack makes me wanna dance.

Attached: 1495649862154.gif (128x176, 4K)

You can tame him extremely easily, the game gives you all the tools you need for it. Just use Usapyon, Treeter, and the little urchin dude you can recruit right away, line them up vertically with the urchin in the back, start the fight with Treeter's ult (Usapyon should be in the front and he'll probably die as you get it off) then rotate in meatshields if you need them. He'll rarely ever even get to act once he's locked down with inspirits.

I know
I've been doing that for a good while
the problem is the fuck won't become my friend

Attached: angry dome.gif (213x201, 429K)

how did you get so good at this game?

Experience with taming Snartle as early as possible in all three games
In 3 he's the easiest he's ever been since he no longer wipes your whole team if he decides to ult and you can control who he hits.

Attached: 63058510_p0.jpg (1244x1000, 697K)

Yes

Attached: Blizzaria_refs.png (2000x2000, 3.92M)

Are these just mad by fans? I’m guessing yes.

Nope, this is all official art of the characters released in some way. JP has some card game going on down there as well alongside medal art.

No, I meant the collage itself.

Oh that, yeah fans make them.
mostly me though since it makes for good drawing references

Post your work.

>we only saw barely 7 from Swsh. IT MUST ALL BE TRASH

Go to the dream wheel in BBQ and use the “extreme porous” aura, it increases rates to befriend DRASTICALLY

Attached: 1558498632934.png (180x220, 51K)

Funny, I do that too.

Attached: 4D26562D-BCFE-4C53-A601-B854D7BED4DC.jpg (2394x3000, 819K)

vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=359253
I'm still learning sadly.
It also warms my heart to see people using it too. Nice. There's a Frostina one as well.

How drastically are we talking?

>How drastically are we talking?
Y E S

Attached: 1552623676974.png (737x1000, 499K)

I decided to cave in and watch some Yo-Kai Watch 4 gameplay since it's probably like 400 years until it gets localized, and I actually seeing Charlie in-game is such a fucking joy

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 11.32.34 PM.png (350x472, 195K)

bump

Full hype mode activated.

Here's hoping to a swift switch localization.

Attached: rurqosp28e531.png (960x890, 515K)

Well thank you.
Now I don't have to search all over online or boot up the game to get some good references.