Which version of Ocarina of Time should I play? I have never played a Zelda game before. 3DS, Wii U...

Which version of Ocarina of Time should I play? I have never played a Zelda game before. 3DS, Wii U? Where is the best experience at?

Attached: file.png (1600x800, 2.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sk6c43tSsRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3ds is objectively the superior experience. People that say otherwise are blinded by nostalgia.

Thanks

Game Cube version with texture mods is superior.

Attached: gu2Rts.png (1920x1080, 3.14M)

>high res textures on simple models
Ehhh
Has anyone figured out model porting yet?

disgusting

Attached: vom.png (501x427, 76K)

the Switch version

Attached: 1560911398483.jpg (960x795, 63K)

The 3DS version loses some of the tone and atmosphere in my opinion, I'm sure someone will post some comparisons.

For all intents and purposes, 3D WiiU. Only thing better about the original is the art style/atmosphere

N64 on a crt TV is the only way to play.

Emulate 64. OoT shouldn’t be played on a small DS, and cartoonified.

>small ds

you can emulate it in 4k on citra

depends on how much you value art style in a game, i'd say anything but 3DS imo but if you don't care how a game looks then you might as well for the portability

MM on 3DS is objectively worse due to gameplay and control changes though

Shitty art style

If you have a 3DS, definitely play the 3DS version if it's your first time playing it. It's more up-to-date and it's way less frustrating than the original N64 version. Plus it has better graphics.

PC

Attached: 1445299055187.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Unironically soulless

emulate the N64, that's it.

It's honestly hard to say. The 3DS version is certainly an improvement, but personally as a huge fan of the game I didn't like the rounded edges and playing with the circle pad. Either way it's a nice game so you're in for a good time.

Fucking nasty

Comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=sk6c43tSsRo
I personally prefer the models of the 3ds version, but the colors are better on the original. The framerate however is a big deal breaker for me, the original only runs at sub 20 fps. that plus the controls are the biggest reasons why I think the 3ds version is better.

Are they AI up-ressed or just a general texture replacement?

Anyone with half a brain would emulate anyways.

If you're gonna play Majora after, go N64, otherwise the change will fuck you up and 3DS Majora is shit

Play it on an N64 or Wii virtual console.

The 3DS version while "technically" superior in the graphics department completely ruins the tone and atmosphere with super cartoony models and insanely oversaturated colors. It is unironically soulless.

Attached: soulvssoulless.jpg (400x480, 112K)

Wii U VC is the worst way to play the game.
It has terrible input delay for some bizarre reason.
If you really want to play the N64 version you're better of with the Wii VC or Gamecube release. Gamecube is probably your best bet too since it comes with master quest as well.

3DS version there's no reason to play the original and it was literally my favorite game as a kid

Yeah the 3DS art is gorgeous & looks good in HD on citra emulator too.

The bottom looks so much better it's not even funny. Nintendo's graphics people really had no idea what they were doing during the N64 era.

>NIntendo's graphics people really had no idea what they were doing during the N64 era

Seconded so hard, it's ridiculous when comparing other Japanese studios dabbling in 3D at the time.

The framerate on OOT is fucking trash and unplayable.

Why did no one mention the Gamecube version from the Windwaker special edition?
It's the best fucking experience by far.

The 3DS version ruins the original color palette and changes Link's jump animation. Go with the N64 or one of the GameCube ports instead.

The 3DS version actually has better framerate than the original. 30FPS I believe. While the original was something ridiculous like 20FPS. Literally no reason to play the original over OoT 3D nowadays, especially since you've never played the game before, so the nostalgia of the N64 version is not there for you.

3DS version is honestly good

That's my preferred way of playing it. Shame that version of Majora's Mask always freezes between the Snowpeak and Great Bay.

NINTENDO

V.1.0 or 1.1 on a good emulator

>BROWN AND MUDDY GOOD
>COLOR BAD

And you autists screech at TP for being brown and muddy while praising WW for the pastel colorful visuals

>and changes Link's jump animation
why is this a sore point for you

Pastel colors don't fit the mood of Ocarina. The N64 version has this washed out, dreamy look to it that lends itself better to the tone of the game.

It looks retarded and wasn't necessary.

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard a few times that the Gamecube version of Majora's Mask is just running on the exact same emulator that designed for OoT, which is why it's so slow and unstable. The emulator on the disk isn't actually designed for MM.

ah right, bright and colorful doesn't fit the mood of a fucking happy town bursting with life and happiness.
Right, gray shit smears everywhere reflect that "tone" better

Fuck off

Attached: OoT-Comparison-11.jpg (720x240, 101K)

You don't get it. Hyrule is a dreary shithole even at it's best and the N64 original conveyed that perfectly with its grey-on-grey palette.

You know what, here's your (You)

The Gamecube MM port and the Wii Virtual Console one have the same problem. I've had nothing but problems with those versions.

>soul
>souless

It's not a dreary shithole at first considering Ganondorf's actions are hidden away from the world at large. The adventure Young Link shoulders through is emphasized more, only to contrast against the dark past of Hyrule and what he has to bear once he becomes an Adult. The game's mood and atmosphere mostly only get butchered on 3DS for night time and things like the Ganon battle, but the rest is fine.

Only reason I hate the 3DS version is because you can't re-catch bugs in bottles right after you dump them out. Otherwise, it's the best version. I think the colors are better. The night sky is beautiful in the 3DS version and I don't care what you fuckers say.

user, I was being ironic. Of course Hyrule isn't supposed to look dreary during the young Link sections, but it sure looks that way in the N64 version.

VC Majora's mask still crashes but it's nowhere near as bad as the Gamecube version, not even close. It also has no slowdown.

Right, guess I mixed you up with the person bitching then, sorry.

Attached: this partys gettin cuhrazy.gif (271x480, 3.07M)

Any idea why it always crashes around the same point in the game? I've had it crash anywhere between Snowfall and the start of Great Bay but never before and after.