Why do people legitimately think he has a chance to get in Smash over the likes of fucking Resident Evil or Monster...

Why do people legitimately think he has a chance to get in Smash over the likes of fucking Resident Evil or Monster Hunter

Attached: f52244fd0a397f7f8281392adffdbea8.jpg (700x900, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFq9fezfDZI
youtube.com/watch?v=GEgMJYpzbhM
mobile.twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1074899214503632897
youtube.com/watch?v=624fHb7Wd8I
youtube.com/watch?v=sSXxv7mQK34
youtube.com/watch?v=wOm3LIBGxps
youtube.com/watch?v=3axDVOGGofs
youtube.com/watch?v=dxb2-eRhka8
youtube.com/watch?v=wTYG2T-IxBs
youtube.com/watch?v=iapp_Dn1OnE
youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VzrJP3kOngk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2c-rfZ6uVE
youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9AVYDEeMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj6PSqjLI_c
youtube.com/watch?v=FuH3aYAr6NM
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MACOJG44
youtube.com/watch?v=rC5g5PHEFa4
youtube.com/watch?v=dXPuUse0P8c
youtube.com/watch?v=FYg0J2rE0Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=kCd4hq14WVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why do smashposters think they can post so many smash threads

Because he was a nintendo character for most of his life and he rank very high on fan polls
People like him and it could be fin
He also have a moveset in MvsC3
Monster hunter already has a stage and Rathalos
And the most important Thing is that a Capcom rep is likely, so the only problem for him could be Jill or Leon, but Phoenix wacky shit fits more for smash

Attached: 1560811410805.png (448x333, 25K)

RE2 on PS1 sold more than the entirety of the AA series.

Let's be real here.

Redpill me on these games

>"Fuck! Haha"

Because Monster Hunter would have been in the base roster and Resident Evil requires real life firearms and gore

Because Banjo Plant and Erdrick have proved that popularity doesn't matter for Smash picks

Attached: IMG_3048.jpg (1024x603, 64K)

Because I voted for him in the ballot. Also he's the most successful and beloved visual novel character, and can have Ayumi Tachibana's moveset.

Same reason as Banjo for Microsoft, he was mostly a Nintendo mainstay

>Resident Evil
Imagine being so fucking stupid you think something like Resident Evil belongs or has a chance in Smash.

MGS is more disturbing than RE but Snake got in

I like how we are collectively assuming a Capcom character is guaranteed

I hate to use the Phoenixfag excuse, but MvC did RE without gore and in a cartoony way youtube.com/watch?v=RFq9fezfDZI

Do you see what Bayonetta does to some of her opponents?

I think phoenix wright is a pretty cool guy. eh yells objection and doesn't afraid of anything

It doesnt make sense. He is a lawyer and not a fighter. He is weaker than anime girls that threaten him in court

Because Leon and Monster Hunter would be boring ass characters and Phoenix is more requested.

2/5 so far have been from existing companies, a Capcom rep is a pretty safe bet

a weaker version of Danganronpa games

Minecraft is literally the most selling game of all time and
Sakurai choose to make boomers happy instead
Honestly almost nothing matters a this point
Also Sakurai shills Danganropa wich is basically AA son

>Muh sales figures

Thats not how characters get into smash twat

Do either of those characters require gore or real life firearms to be faithfully represented in Smash?

You already know the answer.

Hello, everyone! My name is Dragon Isee, and with my assistant Evening Village (who loves burgers and who I met after her sister, Thousandfathoms Village, was killed), I investigate crimes and defend clients as a defense attorney! My rival is the prosecutor Clever Swordedge, who I was in primary school with (together with my first client, Youknow Forsure). He was mentored by Fromhell Demon, a famous prosecutor (who is now gone, but his legacy continues with his daughter, Dark Demon).

These days I've taken proteges myself, like Surprise Lawboy and Moon Heartnoise, and adopted a daughter, Seethrough. Life is swell here in Japanifornia.

Attached: 0b886737d7718b502acefdf3d5f6f82ffdf2373f_hq.gif (640x640, 1.18M)

Up to this point you can tell me that the Peashooter from PvZ is in and I wouldn't doubt it.
I just wanna see who the last slots are gonna be.

Attached: 1535925058603s.jpg (124x119, 3K)

Hero and Joker never even made it into fans polls to begin with. And Bayo broke our understanding of this polls to begin with (even is she was behind Goku and Snake, she was still higher that what any of us expected)

Nothing agains't Phoenix, but it's naive to think he has priority over RE, DMC and MH at the moment, specially with the current revival of all this franchises.

>muh sales
Dumbass

Everything about him is unique (imagine a Courtroom in a Smash trailer), he's not just another guy with a sword or a gun, he's very popular despite not being a billion seller.

I would be fucking thrilled.

Attached: 1538030883616.jpg (500x563, 128K)

He can't be in since he's already in MvC.

Imagine pitching to a room of Nintendo and Capcom executives why Phoenix, a rep from a semi-niche visual novel that barely gets his games released outside of japan, is more deserving than a rep from an existing major franchise such as Resident Evil.

You would get laughed out of the fucking room.

Attached: D112_11_018_0004_600.jpg (600x338, 21K)

It's our fucking time Wrightbros

we've been waiting so long.

>ryu
>ken
>mega man

Hero made it into polls but as Erdrick. Your point is fair tho

So is Megaman

Bayonetta shoots guns.
Again RE doesn't need gore to be represented they're in MVC.

Plus a lot of you want Doomguy and his games are very gory.

Tell me how the meetings for King K Rool and Banjo went.

Kek

Also does Maya really like burgers or is it a different dish in Japan

Order of importance for potential Capcom reps:
Devil May Cry > Resident Evil > Phoenix Wright > Okami > Monster Hunter

Okami is too niche, Monster Hunter would boring as shit and already has representation, and Phoenix Wright has no move set, unless you steal from UMvC3 which already had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for their move set. Resident Evil has no music suitable for Smash which is why it's below Devil May Cry.

Attached: 07f.png (1500x1332, 442K)

She likes Ramen in Japan

But they kind of do? Ok, Plant is the Joke Sakurai wanted to add, but Hero is here because his games sell like crazy in Japan, and both Square and Nintendo want them to sell well in the west too.

Banjo was the true character added for the fans, but Joker was shill to keep ATLUS happy, with the support of Sakurai. But still, out of three characters, two are mostly for shill, if not for Nintendo, for the company they belong too, and Nintendo is only getting benefit of it. If Capcom wants to negociate DMC, RE, or MH, with how hot they are right now, Nitnedo really doesn't have a reason to say no, it would be good sales for the pass just like Joker before, and if Sakurai say is in regard moveset... yeah, all of this IPs have a advantage over Phoenix.

>Sakurai is very good friends with Takumi
>AA7 is due for another game quite soon
he's in

sorry leonfags

I dont know how people even entertain the thought of Monster Hunter in Smash. Do people really not realize Rathalos is Monster Hunters representation. Seriously back when all the characters were revealed people were actually saying that Monster Hunter was one of the most likely DLCs which was just seriously the stupidest thought process ever.

Man I just want ANOTHER GAME

>"Ok, these characters are highly requested, let's add them."

I think if there's a new Capcom character it's up in the air between Phoenix and Resident Evil. Resident Evil is a more successful series but I'd bet Phoenix did better on the ballot which could influence things.

Why would Capcom want a D list franchise in over their top franchises?

What makes you think Phoenix isn't highly requested?

>Third party, a theme of the fighter's pass
>Not a spirit
>Not an assist
>Strong Nintendo history; all AA games have first released on a Nintendo console before reaching other platforms, if at all
>Capcom has yet to have a fighter in the Fighter's Pass
>Appears highly on a lot of polls (like top 20 material), higher than other Capcom characters
If we're reaching for theories:
>Maya is easy for the companion theory
>Strong blue color scheme - unrepresented color in color theory
Biased points:
>Strikingly good music
>Series is more character-driven than other Capcom franchises
>Unique moveset potential
>Him already being in a fighting game doesn't make a difference
>Unrepresented genre

Wrightbros...are we fucking in?

Attached: phoenix, drinking the tears of rosterfags.gif (256x192, 4K)

>he doesn't know
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Imagine pitching to a room of Nintendo and Microsoft executives why Banjo-Kazooie, a rep from a defunct two decades dead platformer that hasn't had a main series game released in 20 years and is only popular with burgers, is more deserving than a rep from the best selling game of all time that is Minecraft.

You would get laughed out of the fucking room.

Attached: depositphotos_200413818-stock-video-mature-japanese-businessman-laughing-out.jpg (608x342, 11K)

It depends on Sakurai's bias.
If pure popularity is all that counts, it will be a Resident Evil character, probably Leon. But if Sakurai wants Phoenix or Dante for whatever reason, they're in.

I can feel it in my heart. It's his time.

Gee, I wonder why Sakurai might be biased towards Naruhodo

Attached: 3lbdrh4weuk01.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

I think the hasn't been in a crossover fighting game rule only applies to like recent ones. So shit like 2B and Noctic ect. Funnily enough Phoenix not being in MvCI might've actually saved him for this game

If the "hasn't been in a crossover fighting game rule" applied for real then Ryu, Ken, Mega Man, and Link would all be fucked

He's in

what song will play for him?
youtube.com/watch?v=GEgMJYpzbhM

>ITT: Zoomers who can't comprehend the significance of the resident evil series

You're missing
>Dante deconfirmed by DMC5 devs
>Monster Hunter deconfirmed by Rathalos in base game
>All of Kamiya's other characters deconfirmed by him (and Phoenix Wright boosted by him)
>Shu Takumi and Sakurai are friends, and Hideki Kamiya has repeatedly said that Phoenix should be in

I feel like you could make cases for them though
>Ryu&Ken
they're like the main characters of Street Fighter. They're the most iconic characters from the series
>Mega Man
Mega man was a classic character first and a crossover fighter second.
>Link
You can't possibly be using this as an example. Link is literally a Nintendo character

>thinking Kamiya wouldn't be fucking ecstatic over the character that basically launched his fucking career

Attached: leon-s-kennedy.png (400x320, 89K)

Some additional points:
>Mii costume theory - Capcom has other Mii Costumes from 4 that haven't returned yet
>Due for a new game soon, could be revealed at TGS with AA7, or a nearby Autumn Nintendo Direct
>Weak point but Sakurai mentioned Ace Attorney once in his column, about a promotion video for the DS rereleases
Was just about to add some of those too. Where did Kamiya say Phoenix should be in, though? Just like the lawyer we support , we should always have the most concise and clear of evidence.
Literally the only thing in his path at this point is Resident Evil getting in first or Capcom not getting a fighter at all, which given the Mii Costume theory going, wouldn't make much sense.
Let's hope, Wrightbros.

Attached: 1560027488966.gif (256x192, 181K)

>Kamiya has repeatedly said that Phoenix should be in
Really? I know he voiced Godot in the japanese version and was a big fan of the series but I didn't think he'd go that far

After both Bayonetta, Joker, and even Duck Hunt, we need to stop pretending firearms disqualify characters.

Joker especially. I don't care if the lore says it's a fake gun, because for all intents and purposes it's an actual fucking gun. Any soccer mom watching her son and his buddies play Smash will see a REAL GUN, and these are the people the sensitivity was originally there for in the first place. She's not going to google Persona 5 and see "oh I guess it's just a BB gun that has true functionality in the Shadow Realm" NO, that will NEVER happen. She'll just see a gun.

Guns DO NOT DISQUALIFY YOU FROM SMASH ANYMORE

Attached: 1559219511741.jpg (599x681, 26K)

If he cared he would be pulling for him, instead of literally never mentioning him alongside Dante, Amaterasu, Wonder-Red, Viewtiful Joe, and of course, Phoenix, who he repeatedly complains about not being in Smash

The evidence is piling up. The truth is clear. He's. Fucking. In.

mobile.twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1074899214503632897

magic firearms don't count r-tard

Fpbp
Get a general and gtfo

He's in.

Attached: 1533453235522.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Hol' still while I glass ya.

Visual novels where you're a defense attorney. You have a hot teenage assistant girl with psychic powers. Has investigation segments which are kind of like point and click adventure games. Then you put your evidence and logic to the test in trials. Colorful cast of a shitton of side characters. Makes you feel like an attorney and a detective despite the game's linear nature.

We already got the Ballot shill character, it's pic related.

We also got Ryu and Cloud as DLC when iirc they weren't even popular requests in the ballot.

You wanna know why? Because Street Fighter and Final Fantasy (especially FF7) are beloved major franchises in gaming history with worldwide appeal.

You know what else is? Resident Evil

Attached: super_smash_bros_ultimate_banjo_kazooie_render_by_leadingdemon0_dd93xxk-pre.png (894x894, 837K)

It LOOKS LIKE A GUN. It SOUNDS LIKE A GUN. It FUNCTIONS LIKE A GUN. Saying it's MAGIC won't convince KAREN that her son's game doesn't actually have guns in it.

IT'S

A

GUN

RETARD

Attached: Phantom-Thief-KSC-Joker-Gun-696x376.jpg (696x376, 76K)

>By the way, when I was drinking yesterday, Shu Takumi said, "Why don't you put out Naruhodo" ...
Is this tweet in explicit reference to Smash? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what exactly Takumi meant by "putting out Phoenix".
Also, could Naruhodo also refer to the protag of the DGS games?

Fucking fantastic, highly recommended.

Attached: ace attorney guide 3.png (3000x2434, 2.05M)

>making people play investigations
yikes

Because I want him in as AA is one of my favorite series and AA is still a major Capcom IP. Nowhere as big as RE or MH, but still something they want to support.

Wanting Phoenix is fine.

Expecting him is retarded.

Investigations 2 is worth playing Investigations 1 for.

Why do people want another anime character

based.

Every game in the series has a good story and good dialogue/ character interactions, but there's a really annoying thing that happens sometimes where you've figured out what happened in a case and you go to present the appropriate evidence, but you actually lose points because you presented it earlier than you were supposed to. Like it makes complete sense to present the evidence at that time, but for whatever reason they want you to press every line in a victim's statement and object on the specific line they want you to object on so the story can continue the way they want it to, even if it doesn't make much sense to object on that specific line versus the line you wanted to object on.

TLDR the mechanics are sometimes retarded but the story is good.

it's not about him being anime it's about him not having a sword

Does Resident Evil even have enough fitting music for Smash?

I learned that lesson from smash 4. But hey, the only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

I'd say "swordsmen" is what causes most of the issues rather than "anime" in "anime swordsmen"

People got mad at Richter for being anime

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=624fHb7Wd8I
youtube.com/watch?v=sSXxv7mQK34
youtube.com/watch?v=wOm3LIBGxps
youtube.com/watch?v=3axDVOGGofs
youtube.com/watch?v=dxb2-eRhka8
youtube.com/watch?v=wTYG2T-IxBs
youtube.com/watch?v=iapp_Dn1OnE
youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Don't forget Cloud.

People got mad at Richter?
If they did get mad, they aren't "people", they're subhumans.

Because they can.

based

Thanks

I don't think I have ever heard such a terrible opinion before

So how would a courtroom stage for him work out?

Probably something similar to pokemon stadium to represent the two defense and prosecutor benches. But maybe they could move around in order to make it a little more interesting

>t. Butthurt stevefag

He's more likely than fucking RE character, that's for sure.

Of course, that equates to a 0.1% chance.

Should Phoenix have a gimmick or remain relatively plain in that department? You could give him the Investigation/Trial/Turnabout modes of UMvC3, a new evidence collecting deal, or whatever else you could think of.

probably because all his games have been on nintendo consoles only, until they got android ports and the original trilogy was ported to other consoles
i'd argue AA's existence is more important to capcom and nintendo's relationship compared to RE, maybe not MH
also he brings something unique to smash and has good music to bring with him

>Order of importance
>Devil May Cry > Resident Evil
DMC is comparatively niche

RE has a lot of music
No he's not

Literally look at the music in MVC

Yes he is. Neither of them are getting in.

Well, he isn't as good as Simon, regardless.

He thinks DMC is somehow a more important franchise than RE so he obviously knows nothing about RE. Leave him to it

Monster Hunter already has a rep though?

Can you bring Rathalos to a tourney? No you can't, fuck off. An uncontrollable AI isn't going to market as much as a playable character would.

Attached: rathalos bruh.jpg (680x427, 29K)

Ryu and Cloud were made before the ballot dumbass

As a Capcom rep RE has currently the best chance

An evidence system would be cool, imagine the thinker statue as a heavy attack like the Simon axe and the attorneys badge as the hardest hitting projectile in the game because justice always triumphs

Attached: 62A028C8-AB9F-4767-8929-2512BF64DDA2.jpg (240x240, 11K)

Why do people want REshit in Smash? Fuck, even if I do really like RE I'd really not want any of it in Smash. It seems out of place, and Snake already fills that niche. Even Leon and his corniness aren't enough for making me want him in. I only ever played one AC game as opposed to 5 RE games and even then I'd rather Wright in. Can't you REfags understand that in the context of Smash RE protagonists just wouldn't feel exciting ?

Attached: 1417981165778.png (311x355, 134K)

We are getting a playable Monster Hunter rep whether you fags like it or not.
>B-but Rathalos is the Monster Hunter rep!
Fuck off you can't play as him. He doesn't even fully represent Monster Hunter. It's just "Monster" not "Monster Hunter"
>B-but the MH team ABSOLUTELY DESPISES Hunters representing Monster Hunter!
No they fucking don't a Hunter was in MvCI
>B-but Capcom and Disney forced them to!
And I STILL haven't seen a source for this.
>Muh marketing quote
It's literally just PR talk you dumb nigger

Cope, seethe, and have sex. A Monster Hunter rep is in.

Attached: Monster Hunter Smash.png (984x908, 753K)

Redpill me on how a hunter would be a fun character

>It seems out of place
Heard that same argument with Bayonetta

The argument of “RE would represent horror!” is dumb too because that’s not how characters are decided and horror is represented anyway by Castlevania. If all the DLC was decided at once, it makes no sense for Joker to have a gun and a knife if an RE rep would use it later down the line anyway.

If I saw a zombie from RE as an AT I would work with the assumption that RE is probably out of the question. They obviously saw Rathalos as the best way to rep the series so they went with that

>it makes no sense for Joker to have a gun and a knife if an RE rep would use it later down the line anyway
This is the one good argument I've seen, but even then the RE rep could be given individuality with an array of guns and a few melee moves as oppose to a knife.

>14 Different weapons to choose from ranging from a axe that can turn into a sword, a lance with a gun on it, a horn, a staff with an insect weapon, bowguns, and swords
>Can use the slinger to latch onto opponents or bring them towards you. Can also shoot slinger amo
>6 different hunting styles to choose from
>The Palico could come in for support
>Potions, Barrel Bombs, Flash Bombs, Shock Traps, Pitfall Traps, and more
>Dragonator Final Smash
>Stage would be on Zorah Magdaros
>Nergigante stage boss
>Tons of great music to put in Smash with great remix potential

>let’s focus our DLC on new franchises and surprise choices like Banjo!
>let’s add a boring MH rep from a series that’s already represented and would just play like a worse snake/sword hybrid with no personality!

Look, I love MH, but I’d rather play as a monster than a hunter if they even put in a rep from it

They weren't wrong

Didn't matter though

You realize that the base game project plan was finalized in 2015 right? Before Monster Hunter World came out. They could of easily saw Rathalos as a "missed opportunity" for a playable character to market Iceborne and the leaked Monster Hunter Switch. Especially seeing how Monster Hunter World made the series more popular then ever, even becoming Capcom's best selling game.

Well yeah he's just saying he didn't like it, not that it disqualifies characters in Nintendo's mindset

Maybe importance is the wrong word, but more moveset potential and fan demand. Besides Leon, which I rarely hear anyone talk about as much anymore, I've yet to see a RE rep top any recent polls. I'd like to be proven wrong, but it feels as if everyone knows how boring an RE rep would
be.

All remixes. Do you seriously expect 10+ remixes for a single rep? It doesn't help that most tracks are cherry picked from multiple games.

The Palico would be a way more fun and unique choice then the Hunter

I think we are due for a Namco character
Not counting echoes:
>Capcom has 2 characters and a boss
>Sega has 3 charactere, kind off
>Konami and Square have 2 characters each
>Namco, the ones making the fucking game, only have one

Hes not a bad choice I just think hes a joke tier character at best but he would be pretty unique if MvC is anything to go by

Minecraft has sold more than the entirety of the Banjo-Kazooie series but that got it nowhere. Sales do not matter.

Movesets don't have to be that robust. Look at Jigglypuff, most of her moves are just generic punches and kicks with three signature specials sprinkled on top. Or fuck look at DK.

He was arguing against an RE character being in Smash and giving reasons as to why

I mean, he's been in a fighting game before (several, in fact, if you count X-Zone) and he's a Capcom character, and Capcom is touching base with Nintendo, having already had one of their flagship characters be a playable rep in two Smash games (plus a bunch of interesting content in the newest one, including a unique boss).

Personally, though, I'd choose a Monster Hunter or Amaterasu as reps over Phoenix. Not that I dislike him in the slightest, but slots are limited and they're higher up in probability and on my list respectively.

Or maybe it's because people just aren't expecting an RE rep and are too busy circle jerking the same few characters. Was Joker topping polls? What about DQ characters before the Erdrick leak?
It'll be Chosen Undead most likely

They literally added Banjo because he's been requested for years. If no one ever requested Banjo he would of never gotten in.

Honestly, what options other than Chosen Undead are available for Namco? Heihachi is essentially deconfirmed already.

Yeah, so sales don’t matter. They didn’t prioritize Minecraft just because it was more popular.

Its probably Velvet with Yuri and Lloyd as a Mii outfit or Klonoa

Attached: Velvet_Crowe.jpg (2000x2520, 367K)

He's based as fuck, well loved and has an entirely different personality and style from anybody else in smash. Resident Evil or Monster Hunter reps wouldn't be as fun as characters in comparison; because ace attorney is so brimming with personality.

(you)

Monster Hunter would be the most fucking boring character. The cool thing about MH is the monsters, and we've already got one in Smash.

You have five seconds to post your top five most wanted tracks for Phoenix's inclusion in Smash, sans Pursuit ~ Cornered because that's a fucking given.
Mine:
>youtube.com/watch?v=VzrJP3kOngk
>youtube.com/watch?v=Y2c-rfZ6uVE
>youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU
>youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9AVYDEeMQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=Kj6PSqjLI_c

Attached: Portsman_the_gunman.png (256x384, 28K)

>tfw you don't mind if both Leon or Phoenix get in

I prefer Phoenix Wright as a Smash Rep but you are a clown if you think Resident Evil has no personality

Being stoic is not a personality trait

We need some high quality AA memes to get Nick into Smash. Should I draw a suited Hobo Nick holding some grape juice?

>RE
>no personality

Original RE1 is one of the cheesiest fucking games ever made and Leon in RE4 is an absolute chad

There were games before 4, games 1-3 had a lot of personality to them

I doing get this. I've played the big resident evil games, and this series is nowhere near as mature as people make it seem. It's a horror game yes, but the main characters in the franchise are low key wacky at. You've got leon doing a comedy routine, Chris body slamming zombies and jill doing chunni af anime shit especially in the later games. Don't even get me started on fucking weaker. I think anyone would be fun, but I'm leaning towards jill because she is qt

Capcom doesnt get a say in which character gets into Smash or not. Sakurai is the only person who decides. All Capcom do is give the rights.

People shitting on RE are probably zoomers who only played 5/6/7

Based, You have our support Phoenixchads

Attached: 1556420310564.png (1000x1000, 1.57M)

I think it would have to be Jill or Chris. Leon would be based though

Based and 2hupilled

youtube.com/watch?v=FuH3aYAr6NM

Based

Because the Resident Evil character would have more guns with limited ammo, since they come from survival horror games their resources would 100% be limited

Because it's your story now... Apollo. KA-TONK!

Attached: Gyakuten.Saiban.4.600.128584.jpg (424x600, 65K)

WHy are Reimu chads So smug? Whhen will we not stop winning?

I'm still thinking Leon because of RE4's significance for the Gamecube and because he's arguably the fan favorite. Plus he'd represent modern and classic RE pretty well with RE2/4.

BASED

Why do people think we're getting another Capcom character?

Samest of faggots.

They are great. Get the ace attorney trilogy

I just want more OST remixes desu

blessed image

Kill yourself Stevefag

>No mention of Steve anywhere
>Stevefag
what did he mean by this

Falseflaggers, Reimuposters aren't like that. We don't go after people like that nor have we ever

Lol even then the series is even wackier by that point. Weskery is a literal anime villain by that point, and jill goes full chunni

If we're getting Mii Costumes with older fighters (like what happened with Joker with the other Sega costumes), Capcom had a few ones from Smash 4 that would definitely return if a Capcom character got in with the Fighter's Pass.

Little did Klavier know that after this Ema and Apollo would end up getting covered in some weird medicine

Based

Can't those costumes just return on their own in a separate update? It doesn't need to be tied to a character pack.

I think it's too coincidental to say that the old SEGA costumes returning was separate from the inclusion of a SEGA character.

Reimu!

Raymooooooooo!

>ITT dumbasses who don't understand that Ace Attorney has been a thing for just as long

>RE1: March 22, 1996
>AA1: October 12, 2001

The only RE character that I would want in Smash is HUNK, other then that it's trash. Also I want that glorious Doomguy and Phoenix combo so we can't be having a RE character in.

Lastly Phoenix would bring in a unique moveset unlike any of the RE characters who are just going to be Snake with wrestling moves

Attached: 1560978859410.jpg (403x427, 56K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

We didn't even get all the Sega mii costumes from 4 with Joker.

He's not really an anime character. His games tend to be much more light on anime tropes and the artstyle (pardoning the recent games that have fully animated anime cutscenes) is rather distinct and more realistic.

Blessed post

Did you forget that Hero and Banjo already have the limited resources gimmick?

Well, we didn't get ALL of them, but we got some from that selected company, so yes that makes me believe that we'll have at least some of the other companies' costumes returning with respective DLC fighters.

Prof Layton would be way cooler.

Dumbass that's not how the '

What makes you think they won't just release the leftover Sega costumes + any other leftovers from Capcom and Namco at the same time? You can't start a pattern with only Joker.

We can only see when (or if) they show off Mii costumes for the other DLC fighters.
If they show that only Square Enix costumes when the lowdown on Hero comes around, you owe me an ice cream cone.

It could but that subseries was unpopular in Japan and jammed two games' worth of story into the sequel because it wasn't likely they'd get a third game with those sales.

Phoenix would be another WFT clone.

I know you're baiting but please explain how Wright would share the moves of a yoga instructor

>If they show that only Square Enix costumes when the lowdown on Hero comes around, you owe me a blowjob.
you have yourself a deal

ive tried to convince my friends that reimu would be really cool but they all want western picks like master chief or something im so glad there are so many people who like characters that look different like you guys i won a small smash tournement does that mean i should have some say in what to request in smash because i really want to try and convince my friends that just because im good at smash it means i can try to convince them that she would be a cool addition and i think that maybe she could be cool but i dont really get why some people wouldnt want her everyone already got which character they wanted im assuming because we got king k rool bayonetta ridley and banjo so i think having a highly requested character such as reimu for the eastern demographic could be nice piranha plant cant really be argued that he or she isnt pandering to japanese audience because yes he or she is made from a japanese company but he doesnt really have a presence in fan picks or polls and surveys so i think that maybe japanese people could be happy that they got a pick that they wanted because i just want everyone to get what character they want i like to imagine that reimu would get a really cool reveal that would make people see how cool she is maybe even cooler than the one hero had because his trailer everyone was disappointed or at least not as happy as when banjo got announced even though his trailer was better than banjos arguably so to really sell reimu in smash i think that they need to really knock it out of the ballpark and maybe try to do something cool like maybe peach could wear reimus outfit that would be pretty cool like she finds her clothes wears them and reimu says hey thats my clothes and she would freak out and then the splash screen comes on screen and everyone whos watching can react to it in shock like what the hell just happened and i want that to happen because everyone would be happy

True, but still a bad opinion.

based

That's nice.

>>/discord/
GO back Otisfag

ost is the #1 reason to support wright desu
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8MACOJG44
youtube.com/watch?v=rC5g5PHEFa4
youtube.com/watch?v=dXPuUse0P8c
youtube.com/watch?v=FYg0J2rE0Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=kCd4hq14WVg

based autist reimubro

Attached: dab.jpg (575x603, 35K)

It would be really inappropriate for Phoenix to be wielding the weapon that killed Mia.

Screw off, falseflagger

Attached: 1533686505845.jpg (914x1249, 266K)

Then make him look sad every time he has to use it

This. Falseflagging Stevies keep trying to shill their Reimguy vs Leon narrative but it's bullshit. I have no problems with Leon or Phoenix.

>Last day of TGS
>capcom special announcement
>AA logo appears
>APOLLO JUSTICE confirmed for smash
>yfw

Attached: Godot_Portrait.png (889x1218, 837K)

Attached: DEF3D583-4774-419A-BA82-8B0341179F24.png (462x312, 201K)

Oh shit, this would be dope actually.

>wanting a bland firearm user
>instead of a character using funny Evidence items, ghost mommy and Objection! smash

Attached: 267a2d5103fc5535acc38016b9d7ebe9.jpg (900x1240, 110K)

yes

Attached: apollo-confident(a).gif (256x192, 33K)

What's Nick's Final Smash, bros?

I like the example someone suggested where the character is put on the stand and then Phoenix and Edgeworth trade objections back and forth

Justice for All dream sequence with the same ring tone

Thought Route would be better

Attached: tumblr_n1djrxkaOc1sisob9o3_500.gif (500x303, 353K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_ofo10hfuHC1qg36k6_540.png.jpg (540x359, 75K)

His MvC3 Level 3 would great if it was streamlined a bit

That’s his grab, he wouldn’t put his hands on someone like that so he’d use the magatama and let the locks break on them

Ramen. I recall the anime sub making a joke about her mentioning ramen burgers during the Berry Big Circus case.

Attached: 1556824199839.png (540x561, 212K)

Holy fuck Phoenix has God tier potential for final smashes, the thing that happends to Dahlia with the Fey Symbol is another example

>burger subs

Attached: dsag.png (457x380, 262K)

Like I fully respect resident evil for what it did for the survival horror genre and all that shit. But stuff like this and just the goofy fun playstyle he could bring to the table makes me want Phoenix all the more.

RE isn't completely without that kind of stuff. Nick would be a better fit, but there's some dumb goofy shit in those games, especially in Mercenaries movesets. Rebecca exploding heads with her ass in 5 comes to mind

Because the worst of times are when Wrightbros have to force their biggest smiles.

Attached: it_just_feels_wright.jpg (540x540, 127K)

Imagine a 1 minute long Final Smash where he goes on a full dialogue about why the opponent is guilty while presenting all kinds of evidence based on the other character's series.

Attached: Dp3RD_JW4AATcHe.jpg (825x880, 98K)

>Kirby getting a little Attorney's Badge
That's beyond adorable

We need Pheonix in

Attached: 6908b87-1.png (400x225, 141K)

>implying a RE would have any chance of getting in
gore is key to the series' identity, not a chance in smash

And yet we got a witch who brutally kills angels and demons into bloody bits.

Phoenix getting into smash would literally be one of the best underdog stories. This guy who gets berated beaten and dumped on by everyone he knows get's out of a slump and crawls his way into one of the most prolific fighters of all time

nintendo can't keep ultimate's rating with all of RE's guns

Attached: a3b1bead2e71de15d595892b8e11796b297bb4c9r1-1920-1080v2_uhq.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

That’s what sucks, if an RE rep got in they would ignore the absolute cheese and craziness of the whole series and make it incredibly “real” and serious for no reason

I doubt it, Smash newcomers have been incredibly faithful to their sources so I'm sure the campiness from the original games would be present, like Leon having a taunt saying "You're smalltime".

PHOENIX YOU HAVE NO CHANCE BUT IF YOU DO A FAVOR FOR ME AND FUCK MY SISTER CLAIRE I CAN MAYBE PULL SOME STRINGS

Attached: h5jbKl7S.jpg (416x416, 19K)

>Chris gives up his spot in smash to Phoenix if he fucks his sister. Phoenix refuses and Crhis then follows him around asking him to fuck his sister around the members of the WAA Pearl ect.

shit I'd watch that

Part of me thinks you're right, part of me hopes that Sakurai "gets" Resident Evil. Like it's a stupid B movie where you count your bullets. Give me a tone that's less action movie and more Barry Burton saying "I Have This" in 5 and Rev 2, understanding and accepting of the thick cheese but able to still play it bizarrely straight

>Part of me thinks you're right, part of me hopes that Sakurai "gets" Resident Evil.

Sakurai is so fucking autistic about games he'll probably do it justice. Was there even a character that was poorly represented in Smash? Maybe Joker but that's probably just because I don't think very highly of P5 in the first place.

I think they did the best with Joker they could've reasonably done. Actually nailing him and his series's feel would've required a lot of work and autistic mechanics to make Persona switching work. I think he could make Chris/Jill or Leon/Claire work just fine.

I'm seeing this through to the end, wrightbros. We can do it.

>Young Phoenix
>Old Phoenix
>Apollo
>Athena
>Young Edgeworth
>Old Edgeworth
>Detective Gumshoe
pls sakurai and no hobo phoenix skin pls

I can’t fucking wait to be proven Wright. I’ve literally become an autistic moron to all my friends and girlfriend because of this. I want to be vindicated

Why the heck do people want multiple lawyers as alts for Phoenix? It just wouldn't fit and the animations would have to be so homogenized between them that they'd lack character. Just make Phoenix himself.

I assumed he meant color schemes based on them like in MVC3

Then why does everyone want Doomguy?

No I want skins like the many heroes

Gore isn’t key to the series. It’s identity is based on cool sci-fi space guns vs. demons

Okay I'll give him that but why the FUCK doesn't he want a Hobo Phoenix skin? I'd main that shit day one
It's a bad idea, sorry

Oh, that sucks then. I’d accept maybe Apollo and Athena or Miles but not more than that

I don't legitimately think he has a chance. I just believe in him, and I'll do until the very end.

Attached: 1561001899.jpg (1280x720, 450K)

>A game where you can chainsaw demons in half

>gore isn't the key.

He was in a Marvel fighting game. He's got more fighting game credentials than most of the Smash roster.

The point isn’t that it’s gory, it’s that it’s a space chainsaw fighting a demon

Already being in a fighting game literally goes against his chances since Sakurai doesn't want to just reuse movesets

if you think gore is the key to doom, then you're a literal brainlet

>Ryu and Ken

>since Sakurai doesn't want to just reuse movesets
citation needed

Doom would be the same game with the gore removed. How would you remove gore from the literal body horror zombie series?

Is she going to give you a BJ if Wright gets in the game?

>Megaman
>Sonic
>Simon

dilate

She gives me BJs all the time but I imagine I’d get one for being Wright

he's the poster child of the DS era, which is the most successful period the company has ever seen.

More iconic design

It's C list. There are like 8 sequels.

Cloud was one of the most requested third party characters of all time dating back to Melee you zoomer.

Castlevania is not horror lol