Hey guys

Hey guys,

Ive got some money to upgrade one part of my PC, what should I upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Attached: What should i upgrade.png (643x399, 17K)

Your GPU

Your Operating System.

definitely GPU

SSD

inb4 install Linux

Is it really that out dated? What should i upgrade to? Any recommendations?

That depends entirely on how much money you got.
If you have enough, go for a 970 or a 1060-1070.

No, install windows 7 because windows 7 is best!

Attached: 1553442692818.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

i saw a 1050, is it a meme GPU or is is viable?

>buy new computer
>try to install windows 7
>You need some drivers or some shit to continue installing
>install 10 instead
Same shit, I just need to disable some crap and I'm done.

Your OS

The 50 series is really low-end. Don't go below 60. Unless you have no problem playing on lowered settings.

Alright cool, so hows the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 3GB GDDR5
I would still have enough to get an SSD, just dont know how to transfer my main hard drive shit to the SSD.

A 1080 at the very least, maybe a 2070 for futureproofing. 2080 is still a meme and will be for another 1-2 years.

>3GB
You'll have trouble maxing out some newer games.

What do you want to do with the PC my dude? If you're mostly just day to day stuff an SSD for your OS makes such an unbelieveable difference and if you have the desk space having 2 monitors is real fucking nice. if you want better vidya performance then GPU for sure, a 1060 would be good

I have the 6GB version of the Windforce, shop around a bit and you'll find one for the same price as the 3gb one, when I bought mine like 8 months ago the prices were like 20-40 fluctuating in different places but the 6GB was never much more than the 3gb weirdly

1. SSD
2. GPU

Thanks my dude, ill keep an eye out for a 6gb then, you think there'll be some meaningful discounts on primeday?

is possible, there's a million GPUs with 1060 chipsets so one manufacturer will probably go on sale at some point but failing that I'd say keep an eye on newegg or Ebuyer for good deals

how much money? i just got an rtx 2060 cheapish recently and its tits, 10-15% worse then a 1080 without overclocking, plays everything with a smooth 60 fps on ultra, 1440p, people say ray tracing is a meme but its actually fucking insane and you can't get a feel for good it looks until you see it yourself

>seagate
Yikes

The 2060 has raytrace support? That's pretty fucking based. How much did you pay for yours? I'm stuck on a 960 right now but itching to upgrade asap.

don't listen to these retards I had a i5 6600k oced and bought a rtx 2060 and the cpu bottleneck is huge just build a entirely new pc and use your old gpu till you can upgrade

sure does, it was around 250 euros, i got a new rig with a ryzen 2600x /rtx 2060/ 16 gigs ddr4/ssd+hdd + a mechanical keyboard for 700 euros overall, i tested it only in metro exodus and it runs smoothly on 1080p (didnt test 1440p yet sense no need), the only stutter i have had so far was kingdom come modded to hell with reshade/enb on 1440p

What mobo do you have?

I don't know anything about computers honestly.

It's an Asus one, can't say exactly which not home atm

like the average user of Yea Forums don't upgrade your gpu the cpu bottleneck is going to insane

I know a few of those words

No i mean i havent owned an actual computer, desktop or laptop, since my dad bought one in the 90s.

buy a gtx 1060 6 gb you wont have bottleneck