Starting this game (Ultimate Edition) for the first time, what am I in for?

Starting this game (Ultimate Edition) for the first time, what am I in for?

Attached: newvegas.jpg (460x215, 43K)

fun times
don't be scared to aimlessly wander

Do yourself a favor and install a few of the highest rated quest mods and quality of life mods on the nexus before you start.

>Goodsprings is actually a real fucking place

Attached: bjTHli9mzlgRX4zGLn-y_UanRQxDgHB22N2Cc5t3I8Y.jpg (1200x628, 123K)

Nah
Install 4GB ram mod and no crash mod

you just know vidya nerds go to LARP there all the time

they even got the chair ready for Pete

Every time i mod fallout new vegas i always overmod it.

Attached: 456546456456.jpg (968x928, 445K)

There's nothing wrong with going stealth archer in this one either

you're in for crappy mouse acceleration and the game being stuck in 720p until you notice that mod organiser overwrites fallout.ini at runtime and that you have to disable the acceleration within mod organiser and not by changing the ini itself

Any you recommend that are must-haves? Because I kinda want to see what the base vanilla game is like before modding any drastic changes in, unless the experience is greatly heightened by such mods.

1. Get Fallout Mod Manager
2. take all of the "packs" out of the load order
3. download the highly rated weather, multiple companions, and alternate start mods
4. go in blind with a default start
5. don't do dead money until you're done with everything else you wanted to do

the real question is what other fallouts have you played? depending it will alter your experience

Attached: NCR.jpg (295x171, 8K)

Do yourself a favor and don't install quest mods, they are all shit. Also don't install "quality of life" mods. You should only install stuff that you actually need.

Mr. House is the patrician route

Great RPG options but really boring world and quests

Yeah, so, unintrusive ones, you have stuff like Autumn leaves, New Vegas Bounties, or Coito Ergo Sum. They have great voice acting and are just there as extra content. That's all I can remember now. Also, very important, like the other user said, 4GB and no crash mods.

I've played Fallout 2 beforehand, I liked how had options to allow you to progress through the game as multiple builds, even switching through some at times. Being able to kill or steal from nearly anything was fun and useful at times. On the contrary, I felt like the combat was sort of clunky, though that's maybe because it's isometric and I often prefer builds that are combat-light and diplomacy-focused instead. also Goris best boy

I've always wondered if you get any special dialog with the DLC characters if you do the DLC in the opposite order. Meeting Ulysses before Joshua or Christine, Finding the Big Empty before the Sierra, and so on.

>fixes
4gb Loader, New Vegas Anti Crash (NVAC), New Vegas Stutter Remover, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch (YUP), Unofficial Patch Plus, Lonesome Road True Faction Allegiance, Melee Reach Fix Ultimate, Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover, Collision Meshes, Tutorial Killer, Passive Startup Messages, JIP Improved Recipe Menu

>graphicals
Vanilla UI Plus, Improved LOD Noise Texture, Enhanced Camera, Centered 3rd Person Camera, Hall of Face, HD Hi-Res Worldview Weapon Textures, Clarity

>gameplay/content
JSawyer Ultimate, Uncut Wasteland, Economy Overhaul

I wouldn't recommend JSawyer or Economy Overhaul your first time. In fact you don't really need much more than YUP, the 4gb Loader and Anti-Crash but the other fixes are nice. Ignore anyone trying to sell you on fucking quest mods for your first time.

Attached: 1500156075393.jpg (514x769, 41K)

and the inventory UI mod. jesus thats 100% necessary

>MOD THE GAME MOD THE GAME user AHHHHH
NO!
Don't mod the fucking game on your first playthrough. Its fine as it is in vanilla, and modding it into oblivion on your first run is absolutely retarded.

That would have required all the DLCs to be completely scripted before they went into production on top of setting content flags for content that didn't yet exist and hoping it all worked out when they released.

In short, no. That's stupid.

>Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover
Not needed.
>Tutorial Killer
Pointless.
>Passive Startup Messages
Just go with Simple DLC Delay.
>Hall of Face
No fucking way.
>Economy Overhaul
Not recommended for a first playthrough.

My personal suggestion is to go with JSawyer Ultimate on top with fixes, very basic QoL mods, Vanilla UI Plus, and Uncut Wasteland.

sexout is a very important mod if you want to play as a prostitute

Pretty much this.

Attached: b89.jpg (515x720, 55K)

Great game but you NEED to take some basic anti-crash measures and get some fix mods. Shit like NVAC, 4GB patch, Stutter Remover, and CASM. Without any of that you're in for an awful time, NV is notoriously unstable and you'll be crashing and having corrupted saves non-stop if you go pure vanilla.

Do not listen to this man one bit.

Just play the game vanilla first.

If you have to mod it get the 4gb patcher as well as YUP, you could try jsaywer's mod if you want to make the game challenging in any way.
Try to keep it as sparsely modded as possible if you absolutely have to mod, there is no point in wasting your time installing 50 mods that each do something extremely specific and situational that you won't even notice, you will be overwhelmed.

Avoid Project Nevada at all cost it is for plebs.

big iron

Try a vanilla playthrough to get a feel for the game then mod it to fix what you don't like. After that, the rest is up to you.

the correct order is
>dead money
>honest hearts
>old world blues
>lonesome road
they each mention each other and you do have more dialogue options in lonesome road if you do any of the other DLCs first

you might have a difficult start but you'll have a lot more fun when you reach the city. Be sure to do That Good Old Sun and Fly Me To the Moon. Don't waste time on Cass.

play dead money last or you'll never finish the game

it's incredibly ass

Thanks anons, I've decided to start a vanilla playthrough with only the mods necessary to prevent the game from crashing/corrupting and whatnot. Should be fun, I hope.

Or you could try not being a complete shitter

>implying dead money is worse than penis toes le reddit dlc

>jingle jingle

>except north/northeast at the beginning

if you cant find a way north at level 1 you dont even really deserve to play the game

Cazadors will traumatize you and you will think about them at night when you lie in bed.

Don't (or do) prioritize one skill super early, as balance is really fucked over and focusing one combat stat to 100 early can trivialize the game.
Same goes for speech - literally 95% of the problems you face can be beaten with speech checks, it's really absurd.

>Tfw no cazadore gf

Attached: 1455059250557.jpg (2309x2309, 448K)

>the game enables me to have a charismatic talky character should I choose to build one what fucking bullshit is this

Never change, Yea Forums.