This looks so fucking bad. What happened?

This looks so fucking bad. What happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=klfa18JK98k

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 945K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJAxpwqtQmw
youtube.com/watch?v=ii9y97PlFwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8cVQpJuWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ei vittu mikä perustettu saatanan suomalaine

I'm so tired of movie games and unattractive females that look like trannies being shoved everywhere. Need a game industry crash.

Nothing. All games they made after Max Payne was shit.

it doesnt look that bad, just mediocre

>side character looks more detailed than the main character

no budget happened.
fuck off. Alan Wake was pure fucking comfy kino and had more soul than most games out of last gen. Easily rivals Max Payne 1.

Attached: aw.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

It was shit compared to what they aimed at first.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJAxpwqtQmw

>non-euclidean level design
>telekinetic powers
>an interesting world and artstyle
>literally endless possibilities for a great puzzle/platformer

>LOL FUCK IT JUST MAKE IT ANOTHER 3PP SHOOTER WITH A GIMMICK

>Alan Wake
>soul
>kino
>comfy
is this a fucking bait? Fuck off, retard

Looks like a cool metroidvania. Fuck off OP

Well said

Next Alan Wake when?

youtube.com/watch?v=ii9y97PlFwQ

Have you even played it?

Graphics are nice but man it looks boring

literally describes Remedy's entire catalog

>open world trash
no, I'm actually glad we got a linear singleplayer game, at the time it was sad to hear the news but looking back retroactively? fuck no am I upset, open world games are fucking trash. The focus that a linear campaign offers just can't be beat, and it was crucial to the atmosphere and mood that game was going for.

Oh boy, another grounded photorealistic story-driven game! Can't wait!

It was way before open world became a trend. You're probably a zoomer don't remember that era.

Looks ok, a little janky, might check it out

>he preordered?

Well, I agree that this game looks trash. But I'll say this, Remedy is the best in the business when it comes to how they do photorealism, they always stylize it, it is never boring. Not even Quantum Break, that game looked fantastic.

It's a metroidvania with psi powers. How is it grounded

I see this and immediately assume its a movie. My brain just subconsciously makes the association. Am I wrong?

Attached: 1536298719733.png (363x316, 161K)

>kino
>comfy
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLO
REDDIT
YOU HAVETO GO BACK, BTW

baste :DDDDD

Attached: spurdo maget.jpg (794x447, 19K)

I like Max Payne, Alan Wake, and Quantum Break.
Control looks good to me.
It's my most anticipated game I'm looking forward to.

Attached: control2.jpg (1200x799, 166K)

There is a reason these guys killed this show: Because they have shit opinions.

I'm 28, but nice try.
>before it became a trend
Yeah, but looking back, do I think highly of open world games back then? No, not really. It was a neat gimmick for a couple of years, until you realized that the open worlds were just empty and full of nothing, with zero narrative focus, unless you were Rockstar.

I have no big issues with Alan Wake, it is a game I genuinely love and adore, I look back on it the same way I look back on Max Payne 1, I still replay it at least once a year.

>tfw it looks really fun and it's Remedy. and suddenly everyone hates it

I don't get the constant threads shitting on this game. It looks like one of the more interesting games this year. Haven't had a psi game since psi ops and second sight

Attached: 3F44DBF24462468A9F6DAFD56AED13E9.jpg (576x1024, 46K)

spotted the sony queer who never got to play it

Its not Alan Wake so I hate it

you're confusing an interesting IDEA with interesting game design. This looks extremely generic and boring.
>use debris to attack bad guys
>use your powers to put the power supply into the slot to open the door

You're just an easily influenced nigger that has let Yea Forums control how you think.

did you also get excited for quantum break aka the game which is literally identical to this in every single way to the point they're literally re-using assets?

>What happened?
That's the most bland protagonist Remedy has made to this day.

The concept is GREAT, and it seems underused.
Precisely.

Yeaaaah, I'll be honest. That is some of the worst animation work in a game going for a realistic look that I have seen in quite some time.

It isn't identical. i just played QB not long ago. QB isn't a metroidvania and the powers are nothing like control.

I dunno. I think horror writer is the blandest.

Wrong.
>decide to make the protag a female
>all the Remedy fans turn out to be incels and hate Control
>everyone's argument is because she's a woman and never mention the gameplay
Fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1555840543256.png (266x333, 106K)

I'm just so fucking sick of photorealism and the games being grounded because of it. Like, you can't do anything with the world, characters, setting or physics that looks out of place or seems "impossible" in a realistic setting, it breaks that suspension of disbelief far too easily.

So even in a game like this with magic powers and shit, the tone and scope of the game is entirely grounded and rooted in reality, in a "what would happen in the real world if this happened?" kind of way, where the rules of our real world still apply and must be followed within the context of the game and its world. Whereas something with stylized, or at least not photorealistic, art direction has a lot more room with what they can do, as there is no preconceived standard for what is outside the realm of possibility within that game's world or setting.

"female"
"she"
"woman"

Have you?
>in the NEXT EPISODE
>PREVIOUSLY ON ALAN WAKE
>jinkles, Alan, you are r-really in trouble now!
>dark bad, but light good, get it, Alan?
>did you think that game had a cool spooky forest atmosphere? LOOK RIGHT THERE, DUDE, RIGHT THE FUCK THERE, DO YOU THE SEE THE MONSTER??? OMG BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A MONSTER
>here, let's slow the time down for you to see that there is a monster
>well anyway, what I was talking about? Right, light good dark bad
>or wait, was it about how the writes are tots cool and super cool dudes with fast cars and big dick and also super good and kung fu and have laser eyes? Writers are the best, man
>most creative people, Writers, right, dude?
>here, have some flashbacks about how hard it is to be a writer
>Horror game? what the fuck is a horror?
>let's just cram in fucking rock scene in, it was in left4dead 2, why the fuck not? That would be so cool
>this island is cursed, always was! or is it just started because of you? who knows!
>it's all YOUR fault, well not the PLAYER, but Alan. Well, not Alan, but someone else. OR IS IT YOUR FAULT?
>LIGHThouse? get it? with the LIGHT? Alan WAKE! Get it? PAGES! did you not get it? PREVIOUSLY ON THEN
Good premise and decent gameplay loop ruined by stupid decisions and writing. Get it? With the writing part? Cuz he is the writer, dude

Attached: 1532137161319.jpg (299x168, 5K)

But I hate it because it looks too much like Alan Wake, which was shit.

Yes, you triggered incel.

That's a pretty accurate video though.

It think it looks like Quantum Break and I thought that was fun and think this looks fun.

I'll take that as a yes.

Attached: 1556472425137.webm (480x600, 1.23M)

>I don't like it so it's bad and you're stupid for liking it!

Attached: 1448664613425.jpg (422x422, 48K)

based sam lake

I predict the janky cutscene animation, female protag, SCP aesthetic, Metroid elements, and magick powers will turn off most people from playing, but the action and shooting will be really good and it'll be one of those underrated cult titles. In 3 years people will wonder why it got no attention and praise the game for its TECHNOLOGY and LORE.

Cliff Bezinski said of the design of his game Gears of War that guns are easy for game developers and game designers to put into their games because it's such a compact meaningful action. You reach out and touch someone, with your gun.

Attached: 1544580359810.webm (1280x720, 1.54M)

>le bland faceless literally who shooty mcshoot character with zero kink to him/her placed in a drab grey styleless modern setting with a sprinkle of some whatever pseudo-scifi mystery bullshit #2
Nu-remedy is just kind of uninteresting. Not necessarily bad, just bland and pointless.
Oh and they also had that totally not twin peaks game which was inferior in every way to Deadly Premonition and gameplay-wise was a total embarrassment considering their previous project, totally forgot it existed.

Attached: 1548014687604.png (968x898, 1.23M)

cry more, tranny

It's pretty and all, but that looks like very bland gameplay.

>Cliff Bezinski said of the design of his game Gears of War that guns are easy for game developers and game designers to put into their games because it's such a compact meaningful action. You reach out and touch someone, with your gun.
Cringe

she's far from unattractive, they just made her look strange in that render

Attached: courtney-hope-chad-duell-jw.jpg (1200x675, 78K)

>decent game, but heavily flawed
>WHOAH STOP HATING BRUH
How about you quit your existence, fuckhead?

Attached: 1560133898324.jpg (1024x1433, 592K)

nobody:
literally noone:
/pol/cels: DUH WOMEN CHARACTER BAD

The caretaker looks a bit like Hinds

Attached: ciaran-hinds.jpg (2048x1536, 461K)

Quantum Break: Wahmin Edition

the guy is hotter

Woah, a woman looking classy

>comfy kino
>soul
So, no arguments?

Quantum Break has much better visuals.

take your reddit memes somewhere else, brainlet

Just because he doesn't like tps doesn't mean they are bad.

Who owns max payne by the way?

I do

This is such a dumb meme phrase. What does it even mean when "nobody" is quiet? How am I meant to interpret that?

who the fuck is noone

Wew, that looks really fucking bad. Sam needs to fuck off and write tv shows. They clearly can't translate his garbage into video games anymore.

How the fuck did these guys make something as good as Death Rally and MP1&2?

They're not bad, they're just so microwaved that it's getting boring : same for FPS like cawadudy,same for not-Wow MMORPG, same for not-Dota, same for not-PUBG,etc...

Don't read too hard into it, it originated from Twitter.

t. ranny

that's true in 100% of situations

The janitor is a finnish actor named Martti Suosalo.

yes, I will be smoking weed then playing this game. how did you know?

Attached: 1553408422931.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

no wonder why they took epic's money
im starting to notice a pattern here

>game gets bought by Epic
>turns out it's really a piece of shit
Every time

Attached: 1540729804584.png (1000x530, 124K)

Thats her with makeup
Face scans scan your actual face

Why didn't Phil buy Remedy?

DUDE

Looks neat but not neat enough for me to install the Epic store to play. I'll probably get it once it hits steam if the reviews are favorable since I don't like playing multiplats on my PS4.

WEED

rockstar, still, you gigantic retard

Am I’m missing something? How does it look bad exactly? Looks perfectly fine to me, yeah it’s not mind blowing or anything but it’s far from being terrible. The visual design is pretty cool
Also why is everyone calling it a “movie game”?

>shit tier struggling studio
Would definitely fit in with the rest they bought.

I guess Quantum Break was their trial to see if Remedy could be Microsoft's Naughty Dog but that game flopped and reviewed poorly so I reckon that's what got them dropped.

Attached: What Epic does to Steam users.png (245x190, 13K)

It's a western game, was it ever supposed to look good?

> How does it look bad exactly
it looks mediocre. Wow you can do crazy shit, bet this won't get real stale after the first time of trying it
>Also why is everyone calling it a “movie game”?
Remedy can only do movie shit while doing fuck all in term of gameplay.

I know I played some game where you can pick up and throw things like that, but I don't remember which. Saints Row 4? Either way its unoriginal

Lads

But Remedy said MS intervened repeatedly in the development in Quantum Break, telling them to change shit and attempts to add microtransactions.

Forced female lead

They didn't just suck it up and forcefully pitch an Alan Wake 2 to any publisher that would bite.

uhhhh Uncharted and TLOU have mtx :^)
When the game flopped I guarantee you the Microsoft people blamed Remedy for not listening hard enough. And I imagine Remedy got sick of Microsoft after that ordeal.

Max Payne, Alan Wake and Quantum Break were all great games.
Problem is that each time they screw over their releases somehow.
Don't know if publisher related or what.
Microsoft with Alan Wake and Quantum Break, and now EPIC with Control.
My problem with Control is that it doesn't interest me. I enjoy Remedy games set in the real world and it's what they do best. The whole HQ interior setting doesn't interest me.

the animations look unintended hilariously. kinda reminds me of andromeda a bit

I wonder why they don't try crowdfunding.
Kickstarter worked wonders for Larian.

>Alan Wake and Quantum Break
>great games
lel

I know why Control doesn't interest you. Because Remedy has only been making shit for over a decade.

The character looks awful. With such fast movement, not enough budget/skill to make animations that are top tier, and already some abstract art style with the supernatural stuff, I don't know why they're trying to do movie game style realism. The gameplay has potential IMO but I don't have much faith with the character controlling like that.

Remedy lost it, too long since Max Payne.

Why do all females talk with that weird half meek and half condescending speech pattern these days?

why hasn't remedy closed doors yet? their games have been so uninspired and bland for a long time now

>female main character
cringe, literally no game with female MC has ever been good

Idk why Remedy is so booooring these days. Quantum Break was also Booooooring

Alan wake is unironically kino. It's literally twin peaks. Also has a killer soundtrack.

Alan wake was a good game, but the game should've been more about just investigating the town and soaking in some not-Twin Peaks atmosphere instead of pointing at shadow monsters with your flashlight.

To be fair, it seems like the janitor is a Lynch love letter which probably had a lot more passion put into him then the generic main character design. He's also probably going to be a recurring main character. Still no excuse for how bad the MC looks.

Yikes

>unattractive females that look like trannies being shoved everywhere
>referring to a character that's a direct model of the actual actress that plays her

Further proof that Yea Forums has no idea what actual women look like and think waifus are real.

Same

Imagine having to keep a diary, talk to people in town, sit in the diner, soak in atmosphere, look at maps, driving to mountain cliffs, finding clues at monuments whatever...

Instead we got oooh spooky third person shadoooow people.

Attached: kino.gif (480x355, 2.81M)

cringe.

Why does Remedy refuse to do an Alan Wake 2?

She looks like she's floating or on ice or some shit. It's really bizarre.

Also what's with that shitty effect that blurs the screen when enemies die. Seems just super fucking annoying and headache inducing.

Found the tranny.

If you want that with B-movie schlock and gore you could play Harvester.

Attached: harvest_000.png (640x480, 130K)

someone fucked up her mocap

Attached: 156288721101.webm (672x416, 177K)

I was thinking more like Shenmue but with less stupid minigames and awkward dialogue.

Why is mocap getting so bad these days. I'm seeing more and more games with super wonky faces and animations.

holy shit that looks bad, like the side of her face is all numb. wtf

Attached: 1538604469022.jpg (250x236, 136K)

What are you talking about

How horrifying.

why is her mouth constantly open?

LA noire did it better in 2011 and weren't they one of the first to do it in games? it was so expensive

Both are great games.
The gameplay I could care less about, they just had to be serviceable as with all games.
The writing for both games are great though, very nuanced, lots of twists and turns, etc.

Remedy's problem is that they're actually (or used to be) good at shooter games but they want to make story based auteur cinematic games.

So we get half-assed attempts of both world with good TECHNOLOGY(besides the fucked up mocap) sprinkled on top.

Damn what a shit opinion.

"Yeah uhm... so... like I'm the uhm new director...uhm yeaaah? yeah like uhm... we need to like get the lockdown lifted... uhm"

Environments and lighting looks good, but character models and animations are trash.
Pretty normal for a low budget game.

Attached: Control-E3-2019-1.jpg (1920x1080, 667K)

the game has no mocap

they actually worked on Crossfire (2?) that was teased during E3, don't know how much

>my face is tired

models and animations aren't trash lmao

It's funny that Alan Wake was a great horror game, but seemed to have severe interference from Microsoft to be turned into a typical horror shooty instead of a Twin Peaks mystery experience.

While Alan Wake's American Nightmare, a much smaller game, felt like some of the best TPS gameplay I've had since RE4, at least on PC.

photorealism is an artistic honeytrap.

Attached: b66a04_6503437.jpg (1200x1841, 334K)

they have an inhouse mocap studio

youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8cVQpJuWQ

I can't be the only one seeing the constant underbite, right?

It's a shame that such an outlandish concept got filled up with by-the-book gamey tropes. "Fast travel", health drops from enemies and a pinacle of creativity - formless flesh cancer in a sewer. Non-stop blabber stating the obvious doesn't help either.

tyranny

Quantum Break failed so they remade it with a female lead to see if the waifu power and liberal cookie points would save them this time.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FACE
WHY DOES SHE TALK LIKE THAT

I hope the artifacts of power end up being more then just a challenge room

This. It just feels like a Quantum Break rehash

you sound like an incel

Janitor is the best looking guy of all three
why does she twitching at the end?

Attached: 1528980242138.webm (1280x720, 845K)

It looks pretty good. Did you get your panties in a bunch because you suddenly realised it has a female protagonist?

they look like pure trash especially compared to qb

Attached: 474960_screenshots_20180312052400_1.jpg (3840x2160, 774K)

I do wonder if the studio heads actually think that they are making good games that will also sell a lot or if they realize how bland the shit they develop is? like does no one over there play their own games?

Do you even filter the horseshit you parrot by command anymore? You read one of these shitheads' posts and you've read them all. It's like groundhog day of stupid with these cranial nullities in here.

looks good to me

is that guy even 56%

Epic exclusive

I do wonder if that "let's pretend to be cocksure about this game that isn't out yet because it has a female protagonist and that hurts my fee-fees also /pol/ told me it's bad" strategy ever works for you. Do you ever fool any other idiots into agreeing with you, or do you have to reply to your own posts pretending to be someone else?
Just curious.

WHY ISN'T SHE BLINKING
WHY CAN'T SHE BLINK
SHE'S TRYING TO
BUT SHE CAN'T BLINK

Attached: image09.jpg (602x452, 20K)

>hey it takes you whole 5 minutes to get a new client, divided by all the games you're going to get on it in your life time, therefore the game is bad
Is life tragicomedy?

you must have quoted the wrong person, because i don't give a shit about the gender of the protagonist in a game

She does blink but I think the animation is fucked and goes away too fast so its the tiniest blip of darkness on her eyes.

Are you attempting to communicate?

No, you're just shitting on a game that you haven't played because all the other nimrods are doing it. That's even worse.

Are you struggling with the language, Paco? Habla Ingles?

Guns are expected in most semi-realistic settings in the modern era because what else would they use? I feel like the modern setting has been overdone and so has the realistic style.

i played enough third person shooters in my life to see this for the bland and uninspired boring tripe it is.

what the fuck

are you implying that control has perfect technique? you fucking dunce

she's afraid scp 173 is in the room

Hitscan is very easy to code and not hard to make satisfying. Cliffy B is right.

>movies are shown like video games
>video games are playing like movies
I want it all to crash. The sooner the better.

Attached: yoaoIee[1].jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

Apparently not any Remedy ones, considering how good they are.

I do, it looks hideous

to add to that, the biggest offender in recent remedy games is the artstyle for me. i get bored just looking at screens from quantum break and control. it just sucks the life out of it

This is the problem with western third person shooters.
Then with Jap TPS games it's the other way around, where it's clear the game is designed around the mechanic(s) and everything else is an afterthought.
Personally, I prefer the latter, especially since most vidya writing is literally on par with a shitty CW show.

>why play ArmA 5 hyper real VR warsim when you can book a flight to Iran and fight in real life?

>Remember Me 2: Electric Boogaloo
That being said I will buy this game for the ass just like remember me

>The western gaming industry is so bad that modern chinks and Koreans are making more interesting-looking games than big western studios
What happened?

Attached: 1560897648645.webm (640x360, 3M)

>bayonetta/god of war/dmc clone
>this time with little girls
Yeah, im sure the gameplay will be absolutely acceptable and that theres flashy stuff on the screen during combat.

>Putting the trash that is God of War anywhere near Bayo or DMC
Neck yourself, thanks.

2 things
1) political brainrot
2) movie brainrot
so Hollywood poisoning basically

lol who the fuck is she talking to. This shit looks horrid. You console players are trash

>like the brutalism aesthetic and the setting, comfy interiors
>kinda HL2 like plot with alien outbreak in a contained facility
>mechanics and gameplay look fun
>force powers look fun
>"astral" sub-world looks fun and interesting and unique
>like the protag and her voice
>like the atmosphere of the game overall

>EGS exclusive 1 year
I do not like that, not one bit, ffs Remedy.

And here was a game I was actually looking forward to

Attached: 1541445225063.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

The gameplay reminds me alot of Gravity Rush.

What game is this?

>alan wake on any fucking level compared to max payne

confirmed to have never played max payne, one of the greatest franchises to exist.