How can you tell the difference between a business and artistic decisions...

How can you tell the difference between a business and artistic decisions? Wasn't Tifa's boobs huge in FFVII to appeal to horny teens so they could sell more copies? How is that more noble than appealing to SJWs today?

Attached: B88D2AD1-C7B7-430B-BDFA-520495749F07.jpg (320x224, 16K)

Nobody is making an appeal to art
We just want big tits period

When the creative lead says "it was the ethics department that told us to do it and not organically coming from our creative team"

this cutscene was actually created for the american release, the original JP release didnt have this big floppy titty scene

Promotional materials seemed to promote Aeris iirc so I doubt that is even true.

Tifa being waifu was a twist like Aeris dying and Cloud’s Larp

>have a literal censoring department
>its confirmed they forced the devs to censor it
>how can you tell this was not an art decision guyzz?¿¿

Are you 40IQ

Because I will continue to be horny, but the SJW will stop getting triggered eventually when they cease to exist.

>ethics department
What is this, a league of soccer moms?

Anime is sexy and violent, FF7 is an anime game

Attached: images (8).jpg (300x168, 10K)

No no no, you guys are retarded. No one's confused about her chest being shrunk because of an "ethics department". The point is that the "ethics department" exists so they can compromise the developer's vision so they don't piss off SJWs who might make a big fuss and hurt Square Enix's bottom line. The question is, weren't her boobs huge in the first place for just as corporate a reason: to sell more copies?

i like big breasts and i want the game to have them

Attached: disappointed pepe.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>How can you tell the difference between a business and artistic decisions?
Good art survives the test of time, and seeing how FF7 is still crazy popular and considered by many to be the cult classic, i would say that it succeed as art piece

>Wasn't Tifa's boobs huge in FFVII to appeal to horny teens so they could sell more copies?
FF7 sold well because it was a good game with lovable, attractive characters, it wasn't propaganda. Propaganda looses it's meaning and appeal over time.

>How is that more noble than appealing to SJWs today?
SJWs don't buy games, they are just loud minority ruining media for others. Usually rich white kids with no life experience, brainwashed in collage.

The former was at least socially progressive to some extant the latter is just neo-puritanism.

yes the devs even "jokingly" said they killed aeris just so they could include tifa and she was designed to be eye candy

>How is that more noble than appealing to SJWs today?
SJWs don't buy games.

It's pretty clear when the devs themselves say that it was a decision forced upon them and not something they wanted to do themselves in the first place.

Attached: Square Enix has an ethics department and it told the Final Fantasy 7 remake developers to restrict T (820x599, 101K)

No you are retarded
They caved to the vocal minority that doesnt play games
Therefore I will never buy an SE game again they no longer want to appeal to me

Then make a mod for the game when it comes out

Oops forgot you have no skill or talent and no matter how hard you try it will look wrong because they're not supposed to be that big

Why would a business cave to a vocal minority unless the vocal minority could hurt the bottom line?

Why are you defending a multimillion corporation that is censoring sex appeal
Get out

Because they are fucking retarded
Get woke go broke is not a meme

horny teens buy games, SJW do not.

Correct. Fertile female bodies are not unethical even if they need to be in motion. Realism is not required in a fictional setting. Large breasts are not unrealistic.

Attached: Ethics Department.gif (500x379, 863K)

because these companies still don't understand how the outrage culture of twitter/reddit work. they see an organized minority complaining and think it reflects what the majority wants. it doesn't. worst of all, these people don't buy games in the first place

the smart companies are starting to understand however. give it another decade and these fucks will be completely ignored

This, at least sexy woman made sense to appeal to the gaming demographic now its just companies jamming an agenda down everyone throats at the expense of sales.

Attached: ethicsdepartment.jpg (540x303, 29K)

>SJWs don't buy games
>SJWs don't buy games.
>They caved to the vocal minority that doesnt play games
>horny teens buy games, SJW do not.
There's something very ironic about a bunch of underemployed youth or NEETs saying that SJWs don't buy games.

Businesses only fear outrage culture because it DOES impact their finances, they're not emotional or gullible, they do market research and they figure out what sells and what doesn't. Why do you think Overwatch hit over 40 million players? Why is the ultimate teen boy power fantasy genre, JRPGs, essentially dying off outside of low-budget titles and the occasional big-budget Square-Enix effort? Why does The Last of Us Part II star the lesbian Ellie? Why does Gears of War 5 prominently feature a woman protagonist?

The answer is because young men are underemployed and undereducated are no longer the only thing businesses care about to sell to as the market has opened up to women. It's not that businesses have gotten more virtuous, or that they're wrongly "spooked" by outrage culture. They know what their business is, and it ain't you because you've lost the culture war and just don't know it yet.

Maybe the devs liked big titties? I know it's probably unheard nowadays but not back then.

They decided to appeal to me and others like me instead.

Attached: 4a2519804fb62cbd228e5be0a3246b0b.jpg (400x600, 27K)

>Why do you think Overwatch hit over 40 million players?
Tracaer's ass.

Attached: 6537d58bb6d5766513785ed8220e7025[1].jpg (460x945, 61K)

Horny teens are better than SJWs, though. Also, it doesn't matter why they made her that way originally. That's how she is. Changing her for """""ethical""""" reasons is inexcusable. Why do they even have an ethics department? That's one of those nonsense jobs that don't actually do anything productive, they're just invented to give women money so they feel like they're useful.

Attached: 1526091527106.jpg (1309x515, 213K)

grow tits

But she doesn't have any muscle definition.

>you've lost the culture war
We're going to win the real war when white people finally realize their government sold them out to give inferior people free stuff and then America and Europe will be 100% white, as they should be, and women will go back to doing women things, and people will need an encyclopedia to figure out what "Jewish" is.

because the girls are sexy?

>ethics department
this isn't a thing that exists you fucking incel. The closest thing would be the legal department, who only gives a shit if someone makes titties illegal.

The original still exists, user. Go fap to it now.

Twice the amount of women play Overwatch compared to other FPS titles. Isn't it partly because of the diverse cast of characters? At least that's the lesson Blizzard learned. A good business would do everything it can to expand their market, and that means appealing to SJWs because they've realized it benefits their business more than it alienates their angry male users. And you're all gonna be buying FFVII Remake anyway, regardless of what you all say, which just justifies the decision of Square Enix's ethics department.

Attached: Overwatch-Demographic.jpg (638x359, 33K)

One appeals to heteros,the other to faggots and other degenerates

>imagine being a girl with large tits
>now your breasts are "unethical" because some flat chested wenches are insecure because of some videogame characters
grow tits

You know how there are examples in the opposite spectrum right? BF1, LCRTR, and others. Maybe you're right and Square is finally taking that gamble of betting on a "wider audience." We'll see if it pays off at the end of the project.

>Why do they even have an ethics department?
The same reason companies have an HR department. To protect the company from backlash

THERE ARE SEVERAL THREADS ABOUT THE SAME FUCKING BROING ASS TOPIC. HAVE SEX, INCELS.

You'll find it funny how the ones praising the new design are quick to say thy have bog boobs themselves. Women are so fucking petty people.

Attached: havealook.jpg (480x480, 83K)

The fact that sjws don't buy games is irrelevant, they control all social media, they control the discourse.
You had more than enough chances to rise the fuck up bu you didnt now did you ?
Accept your fate and be glad you still get attractive females in videogames for now.

Grow tits roastie

>Businesses only fear outrage culture because it DOES impact their finances
Except it doesn't, companies are just extremely paranoid about ANY bad PR especially anything that will have them come off as un-woke because appealing to as large as humanly possibly demographic is viewed as the best way to make the most money. The gaming journos have pretty much made it their mission to slander and kick up controversy on anything that doesn't fit into their SJW worldview so companies bend to the wishes of these types even though they're a minority and don't actually represent their audience in any significant way because they create controversy which they view as driving away potential sales or demographics with "projected growth" potential like woman and minorities.

nu-tifa isn't attractive

Horny teens are normal, sjws are not.

Yes user, everybody is (insert your sexual orientation here) and just pretends to like woman

>"were her boobs big originally due to money?"
We don't know
>"did they censor the boobs in the redesign?"
Yes

>Except it doesn't, companies are just extremely paranoid about ANY bad PR especially anything that will have them come off as un-woke because appealing to as large as humanly possibly demographic is viewed as the best way to make the most money.
Are you suggesting that being un-woke or facing backlash DOESN'T impact finances? That the fear is just totally unfounded? Do you think all these businesses are that retarded? Of COURSE it impacts their finances, they're not like a kid afraid of the dark, the fear only has to do with money and nothing else. Backlash = lost sales.

user you're too smart for this board.
You have to keep in mind that a lot of the faggots on here have been saturated in the same outrage culture for the better part of a decade now.
This is all they know, the possibility of a developer's vision being influenced by anything other than SJWs never occurred to them.

Yeah, I don't think those should exist, either.
>b-but then they'll get sued!
HR departments only tell people how to behave to save them from kike lawyers. You don't need an HR department to protect you from common sense. Kill the kikes. Get rid of stupid laws. Problem solved.

No one needs to be taught how to behave, unless they're being taught to behave in an unnatural way. If they are, you should ask yourself why.

I'm not buying it if an ethics department had any amount of influence over 0%.

Attached: 1536266580794.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

Confirmed for never having had a job before

>censor
Censorship's usually used in either a political sense (to benefit the political party), or in a moral sense (to get rid of something obscene). Is everyone really so naive to think that a Square Enix's ethics department is solely concerned with virtue, and that they make that decision because first and foremost because of morality? How retarded IS everyone here? It's not censorship, it's a mandated choice to appease those outside of the company who actually do have SJW-ethics so they don't get hurt by a bunch of hit-pieces by western games media about her design.

I don't think there's any definition on Earth where censorship = business decision to minimize impact to bottom line and to appeal to wider audience.

I would say the overwatch thing is it being designed as a first person MMO more than a shooter and the Blizzard brand. The Tifa thing is probably a cost saving measure. You make the character confirm to every ratings/decency standard in every country so you don't need to remake assets for different markets over and over. Diversity moves a units but probably not enough to warrant it as a main priority in most cases.

>it's not censorship unless the government does it regardless of any possible other factor in existence
I was wondering when you'd arrive. Took you longer than usual.

Because everything should appeal to me

#BoycottFF7

Are you suggesting that Square-Enix is "censoring" Tifa's breasts because they care about obscenity or virtue, and not because of issues related to their business or bottom line? Of course businesses are capable of censoring for issues relating to obscenity or virtue, but you really think this is one of those cases? Why would you think that, when it's well-established that backlash and outrage culture hurts businesses and therefore gives them a monetary reason to change Tifa's design?

I'm not reading your nonsense. The mental gymnastics you're going through to simultaneously acknowledge that Square-Enix has changed a design in fear and that this is NOT censorship is watching psychosis in live action.

People are actually defending censorship. Actually defending it.

That you think businesses care about anything other than money tells us all that you've never had a real job.

You're not even talking to me. You're talking past me. You're not even acknowledging your own words or mine. You are a psychotic.

Actually it's official Nomura didn't like how Aerith came up so he invented Tifa to fit his taste more.
It's basically another Kitase waifufag thing except Nomura at the time was heterosexual so he actually made a fappable waifu.

>Backlash = lost sales.
How many games have legitimate backlashes though? I mean journos create "backlash" over almost anything perceived slight on their ideology, journos have actually just used this paranoia of losing money by companies to their advantage they can push their politics onto games by creating wave after wave of controversies and control the narrative, companies just don't want to lose money so they'll get rid of anything that can be perceived as offensive by these types to cover their ass giving nobody a reason to complain, of coarse in the process alienate their older demographic but since they view them as essentially being on lock they don't care.

>I'm not reading your nonsense
>You're not even talking to me. You're talking past me. You're not even acknowledging your own words or mine. You are a psychotic.

Attached: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f--meme-meme-memes.jpg (236x147, 9K)

>Using an FMV model that got a total screentime of 1-3 minutes in a 40+ hours games as the basis for anything

>We
Her new tits are fine. And the fact that I love sports bras and spats has nothing to do with it. Who said that?!

Attached: tifa 2.jpg (634x607, 24K)

like how the latest star wars movie literally made a loss due to SJW agenda with pansexual robot lovers and shit?

Why does a video game company need an "ethics department"?

So I never played any DMC games, but I heard something about outrage for the reboot, so I am curious. How outrageworthy is re:Tifa compared to the DMC reboot MC who appearently is being refered to as "Donte" around here?

To cover their ass if they release something that hurt the innocent baby feelings.

Because that's how the original was you fucking retard, these game brands got rich and successful thanks to a core fanbase that they are now shitting over in favor of people who literally don't play anything more than angry birds.

Yea Forums was nuclear regarding donte
This is nothing

You legit sound retarded, seek help immediately. You're a vocal minority exploiting the silent unaware majority, a living and breathing fallacy.
99% of customers don't know jackshit about Tifa and censorship, they are completely unaware. The left has steered the perception of corporations into believing the vocal minority impacts sales.
Have you see EA's completely revisionist poll after Battlefield V bombed?
>people want more diversity in their games
Instead of owning up to the main reason BFV bombed, they doubled down.
Why? Because they don't do market research, the crazy feminists they hired think they are in the right and they don't give a shit, they'll keep going until the luck runs out, like with Star Wars or Battlefield indeed.

In the original state the game would probably get banned by Sony.

they're selling this to the 13 year old wimps who play Fortnite and Mindcraft now, not people who were 13 in 1997 Tifa could be in a burka and they get our money.

you make these threads and you're going to buy this game

What a pathetic world we’re living in where female video game characters can’t be sexy or have big breasts because it’ll offend people that don’t play video games.
Fuck this hobby

>and you're going to buy this game
Not everybody is retarded like you.

>The point is that the "ethics department" exists so they can compromise the developer's vision so they don't piss off SJWs who might make a big fuss and hurt Square Enix's bottom line

If you honestly believe this, then you can't complain when people make a big fuss over the developer's vision being compromised when SJWs have proven it to be an effective method to get what you want.

Don't you think it has something to do with the popularity of battle royale games like Fortnite and games like Overwatch instead? There are probably a lot of reasons why BFV failed, but Overwatch is more popular than any Battlefield game and has a pretty diverse cast. What might've been the case is that BFV's demographic is the sort of male anti-SJW type that didn't like to see women front and centre in the game, and so sales were hurt, but they're obviously not that large a group anyway compared to the people who play Fortnite and Overwatch.

>The answer is because young men are underemployed and undereducated are no longer the only thing businesses care about to sell to as the market has opened up to women.
So your proof for men being underemployed compared to women is that lots of women play free game?

>It's a censorship department
>It is virtue signaling
>It's SJW
Are you fucking retarded. An Ethics Department is Human Resources aka Marketing. It's to protect against Sony or in case of backlash in order to cover their ass. Every huge company has one I guarantee you that. And Square Enix has had this since the early 90's.

Get a better hobby. I recommend books. There are other things to worry about besides a character's breast size or a low poly tree in a Pokemon game. Your world will be so much richer if you stop playing video games, leave this board and head to a library.

Attached: White_Noise.jpg (220x330, 23K)

>Human Resources aka Marketing

user...

Yes HR is within marketing. That's where they put the useless females.

What are you doing here?

>Reaching this hard for a (You)

Attached: tyrone.png (500x562, 126K)

I don't think you understand what marketing is. Protip: HR != PR

Also since when did Yea Forums start advocating for marketing departments dictating what is allowed in games?

>In its latest financial results, Activision Blizzard revealed it made a record $7.16 billion in revenue across the entire fiscal year. $4 billion of that amount came from “in-game net bookings,” which covers loot boxes, sales of DLC, and in-app purchases.
Making a lot of money for a free game.

>user you're too smart for this board
>What are you doing here?
I got lost.

This entire post is a load of bullshit

The reason game devs pander to social justice warriors is because of review scores. All of the reviewers and game journo sites are run by SJWs who review games based on their politics. There was the infamous example of Obsidian devs not getting their bonus because they didn't reach their target meta-critic score by 1 point. The publishers and investors look at these scores, scores controlled by left wing activist journalists. This why despite failures such as BFV and Wolfenstein II this shit presses on, because investors think metacritic matters. The truth is no one likes this shit aside from mouthbreathers on reddit and resetera. Look at any woke youtube trailer, or the metric shit ton of other SJW failures, marvel comics, ghostbusters. You faggots are delusional and honestly thinky your retarded ideology is normal and accepted.

>The answer is because young men are underemployed and undereducated are no longer the only thing businesses care about to sell to as the market has opened up to women

Women =/= SJW. Most women do not subscribe to your ideology or like this shit.

>Wasn't Tifa's boobs huge in FFVII to appeal to horny teens so they could sell more copies?
No. They were huge because the artist liked huge boobs.

Same reason Tifa is now a hot topic girl.

It's removing things to appeal to complainers rather than adding things to appeal to enthusiasts

If you believe that many people are playing that game you are a fool.

women play overwatch because it's a trash shooter just like women play mmo's because they are trash games

Its pretty fun watching insiders and shills defend "Ethics Departments"

FMV was usually used as the highest quality version of a character, since you could use higher fidelity assets. There's an argument to be made that FMV Tifa is what the devs actually wanted.

Fuck I forgot it's PR.

Ok, so how much of that income was brought in by female and how much by male players?

>sony relies on gimmicks like cutscenes and graphics to sell bad games
>everyone boos (rightfully)

>sony removes a gimmick like tits, so as to not distract from the game
>everyone boos

Attached: emoji-thinking-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx.jpg (500x500, 21K)

boobs aren't a gimmick, they are an asset

This.
>here are more polygons to use on the model
>make sure the titties are big
This was the original developer intention

anons always appeal to art and original intent when talking about tits and dubs

>Ethics department

I put money down on it being the animation team crying about actually having to work for once.

>Ethics Department
Well there goes that "Games are Art" argument

I think developers try but it's hard to make happen in a big company. Some of the purest artistic expressions I've found are free or near-free games I've downloaded on itch.io. They have a really low budget but it's a great change of pace from the most popular stuff everyone plays

>muh ability to jerk off is an asset

Yikes

>so as to not distract from the game
so feminists and trannies who don't even know what a final fantasy is don't feel ashamed over being fat whales

You're deluded.
White males lost the culture war in the '40.
White females lost the culture war in the '40.
You may desperately try to differentiate yourself with stupid fetishes like lesbians and so on, but the road remains the same.
The only reason devs are pandering is due to jews being angry at current political trends and using entertainment as a stress relief for themselves, not caring about losses due to all the earnings they had in the past.

Attractive characters are an asset.