Hows that iron man going Yea Forums?

Hows that iron man going Yea Forums?

Attached: 1A240A23-9BF1-4789-8FD8-B1B718C57965.jpg (640x656, 125K)

I've only ever managed to beat the 3DS games, every other attempt has had some catastrophe fuck me over. Closest game I got to beating was Path of Radiance but my fucking game cube shit itself in the middle

just emulate

I got past my ironman phase, now I'm just planning out 100% reliable tactics in a way that I could easily replicate them in an ironman run in the future.

Fantastic, thanks for asking. I've never gotten to February in a Long War Ironman before.

Attached: allahu xcom.jpg (650x366, 213K)

theres too many variables to be 100% reliable. if thats ur thing you should try low turning a game instead since its much more planning based than iron mans

emulate save scum/save states it pisses people off and i don't give a fuck LMFAO!

Attached: 1555329529854.png (128x128, 29K)

What game?

Well 99% reliable. And I do aim for low turncounts when they don't come at the expense of reliability.

fuck off savescum

Attached: 1555973411762.png (640x401, 571K)

>play OG game on Iron man
>Steamroll my way in 2-3 days to Cydonia
>Play EW\EU
>Squade wipe on Supply Ship kill my will to try it agagin.

Attached: 1545502700226.gif (300x309, 24K)

seriously fuck off and leave the thread, whats the point of playing a game with rng if ur just gonna save scum the best possible outcome every time

If you look up any 1337 fire emblem ltc run they do exactly that

they are playing with the objective of beating the game in the lowest possible amount of turns, ofcourse they will abuse rng rigging. a casual player has no reason to and i doubt that omegalul fag is an ltc'er

If the apex of fire emblem play uses rng rigging why would it not be allowed at a low level? It's the same game either way and a casual player uses it for the same reason as an experienced player: to turn low %s into sure things.

they dont use it for the same thing at all. an ltc uses it so that they can beat the game in the minimum amount of turns required. a casual uses it so that they dont have to strategize or reset when they fuck up. one is a fundemental asset of a challenge run and the other is being lazy

I play every FE game Iron Man and I am absolutely fucking stuck on Ch 7 of Binding Blade HM. Shit is so infuriatingly random and bullshit.

Look up the rescue chain strat to recruit zealot turn 2. Its pretty reliable. The wyverns will only pursue you if they can reach a player unit within 2 turns of movement so make sure you dont pull the left side wyvern on accident. Marcus with a hammer (if hes d rank by now) 1 rounds armors. Dont try to split up and mostly focus the right hand side between the houses and arena. Rutger on tree tiles is a pretty reliable dodge tank. Good luck

How many time have you played chapters 1-6 of fe6hm?

I played an Ironman run of FE3's Shadow Dragon not too long ago. Many of my typical units died pretty early in and I had to make due with units I don't usually use. Luckily some reliable guys like Navarre stayed alive and helped carry some of the rough parts.

Also Caeda gained Str for like five of her first seven levels, so that was cool too.

I didn't Ironman it but I did play through Binding Blade on Hard once and chapter 7 is why I never want to again.

Attached: Sheeda.jpg (951x825, 219K)

Chapter 7 is pretty much peak difficulty. After that the only really scary chapters are arcadia, binding blade, and the retaking illia chapter.

What the fuck? Do you think you only get to unlock save states once you reach a certain fire emblem skill level?
I've heard of experienced players depriving themselves of certain things as a challenge but this is just retarded. If a player can use save states in a CHALLENGE RUN then a casual player who is not doing a challenge run should obviously be able to use save states too. After all challenge runs are supposed to be more restrictive than casual runs, which is why they're used as a showcase of peak fire emblem play. Think about it, you can watch the most skilled player use some tactic on youtube but you're not allowed to do the exact same tactic in your own playthrough? That's nonsense.

I'm trying to think of an equivalent in some other game but I can't because this just doesn't make sense.

Well, once. I reached Chapter 7 and stopped. I don't tend to replay FE games that much, or at least currently.

You do ironman runs every time but you don't replay fire emblem games much? Does that mean you always make it from start to finish without a single game over?

The difference is ltc players plan out and execute a chapter run in one take instead of save stating before every move because they are too lazy to plan. They are only challenging because they have to be as time and resource efficient as possible. You will never see an ltc run where the guy retardedly flips through save states, every rig was planned so that they could shave off as many actions as possible, not so that they can retry when a unit dies.

I get tons of game overs, I'm not a fucking FE Chad here or something. I just play the games sometimes and make a point of not having any characters die (unless I'm confusing the meaning of what an Iron Man run is). There's always resetting and save states, I don't reset the whole game if a character dies. I do make it an explicit point not to do any save states unless I'm struggling a lot on a given map.

Attached: 1553386320712.png (406x344, 219K)

ironman = play from start to finish without resetting, game over means the game is over and you have to start from chapter 1

I did a FE7 HHM iron man. Pretty easy overall. Too scared to try with a harder game.

Oh jeez, I thought it meant just going through the games without losing a single character. Thanks for telling me what it actually means.

I'm not doing an ironman, but I'm trying to SSS rank Thracia 776.
9th reset after making it to chapter 12x and didn't have an A rank staff user to teleport Lara to Pahn.

Attached: 1551633035703.jpg (307x309, 18K)

What you're describing is just a no-death run.

That's what I meant, really. Sorry about that.

Thats not how iron man works. Its just permadeath, no restarting for objectives, and gameovers dont let you keep units who died. Starting over from the beginning after a game over is retarded.

Low turn count is low turn count. Casual is not. That doesn't matter, we're talking about using save states.

If an elite fire emblem player's unit dies, he loads his save state, rigs the RNG, and then redoes it so that the unit doesn't die. So if casual player #1 is in the same situation and he chooses to load a save state while casual player #2 doesn't load a state and just keeps going, it seems to me like casual player #1 is a lot closer to being an elite player.

Just made it to chapter nine on Path of Radiance hard mode, Shit is pretty comfy. The only casualty so far is Soren but fuck that queer anyway. Oscar is the mvp so far, for some reason as a lad I thought he was bad.

Japanese Hardmode or nonJap?

How does that even happen? You forgot to promote safy and didn't realize it? Most SSS rank runs would involve warp way before 12x. Chapter 12, 11x, 11, and 10 would benefit.
Either plan more or keep going and forget about SSS; see what turncount you can get.

POR is garbage. Hate the slow animations, ugly graphics, and bloated unit/item management.

you're wrong

the elite thing isnt resetting. idk why you have this idea in ur mind that because the best players are forced to reset to make the most optimal ltc strat that the reseting makes them elite. its the knowledge of the game and their execution to shave off turns that makes them elite, not pressing a fucking save state button. if player 1 save states before every encounter and just rigs until their brute force method works because they are too lazy to plan and player 2 restarts the chapter because they need to find a better way to tackle the map that doesnt cause them to lose a unit/objective, you cant honestly tell me you think that player 1 is better than player 2. if player 1 isnt actually challenging himself or ltcing then his resets arent to optimize his strategy to achieve a low turn count, its just brute forcing through rng because he cant be bother to just play the game well. im done arguing with a retard like you who thinks save scumming makes you an elite player.
whos ur squad so far

I like the graphics just fine ( I grew up with them so that's probably why) and the slow animations are mitigated by speeding up. Waiting through enemy turns can be agonizing. Item management was a hassle but now that I have the convoy it's absolutely no problem, although I wish there was a way to do something about those 3/45 use lances I have wasting space.
Well since I'm in the early chapter, I don't have to pick and choose everyone gets to come. I've put a heavy emphasis on Oscar and Rhys though, they keep getting those GOOD level ups. Boyd started strong but has been disappointing me lately. Mia is allowed to watch.

you should def try and use shitty meme units like rolf, it makes the iron man much more fun

yeah i always to to use meme archers and meme fighters, it makes preserving them and growing them so much more exciting