This cant be real

this cant be real

Attached: 7Mxch4j.png (1432x805, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=912dF_ltp0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the whole realism look is shit. Should have stuck to a simpler cartoonish look like the original

6 years in development will do that for you .RIP FF 7.

Nice gameplay

>Barret no longer throws everyone out because we can’t have big violent black men acting like thugs in the current year
$10 says bombing the reactor doesn’t kill civilians and jessie’s dying thoughts of the innocent people she killed is cut from the game

its not its a video game retard

>WAHHH REALISM BAD WEEBSHIT GOOD

There are two different situations of you on this train and the second time, you don't have Barett kick everyone out

>Barret no longer throws everyone out
proofs?

the npcs looks like they are from a different IP
They will be bought models from another company

this unironically

That ridiculous sword being on someone's back in public is so much more jarring with those fancy new graphics than it ever was before.

It looks like a picture of a cosplayer commuting to a con.

Looks like 8

So do they just not check for weapons before boarding the train? Never stood out in the original, but I figure the big anime sword would draw some attention.
Wouldn't it be ironic if someone assumes he's some SOLDIER LARPer?

Nah, the trailer shows the bit where they get out of the tunnel, and apparently they notice how widespread the destruction really was and comment on it, at which point Cloud says "What's done is done."

so this is the new BERSERK anime... not bad

>midgar only

Attached: 4059559454.png (249x200, 78K)

You do, the second time he makes a point of doing his “bang hard on things to impose my will on people” on the salaryman from the first time, and then has to be stopped from killing him when he realizes he works for Shinra.
The sleeping bum is the only one they leave alone.

this but ironically

Then play the latest Persona game because FFVIIre is not for you

this but sardonically

Having all of those people realistically dressed next to Cloud Strife is fucking weird, man. What were they wearing in the original game? I remember one was on their way to work and there was another dude who welcomed you to his "home" (that being the train car).

i dont remeber the trains being this full
FUCK THEY RUINED THE REMAKE
FUCK IM LITERALLY SEETHING RIGHT NOW
THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW
IM A SANE PERSON!!!

That’s why you immerse and breathe the world.

Persona is mediocre, and the original FF7 isn't anything like it.

It's going to be downgraded just like ff15.

Imagine obsessing over some 20+ year old generic game.

Too late for downgrade, also it's gonna be on nextgen too
What I don't believe is the explorable city though

kys zoomer

>the panning shot of Midgar basically shows that it's upwards to twice the size of the original city altogether, as each sector is at least a small chunk of a metropolis on their own compared to the small towns of the original
So just how the fuck is this going to expand into gameplay and story design

Attached: 1560142088174.png (1200x1183, 696K)

Hey, can you not flood the thread with you falseflagging as hard as possible? Thanks.

Looks good to me.

What are these cosplayers doing here on this train? There's no animay convention today

Attached: 1492473906110.jpg (583x435, 56K)

>everyone looks fairly normal
>obviously going for a realistic slant here
>but then you have Gun-arm McDianabol with his friend Cloud's humongous fuck-off sword just wandering around
This is so much more jarring than if everything were fantastical. Why not just choose to pursue fantasy or pursue realism?

I would've liked if they did it like this fan made model I found.

Attached: FF7-Barret-Fan-Art-by-Hunter-Mortenson-2.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

its only jarring because all the npcs are so generic modern world looking

this but unironically

>everyone standing around casually
>cloud and his goofy ass hair and big ass sword takin up all the room
this guys a weirdo

It's not supposed to look hyper realistic or anything, it's supposed to look somewhere in between realism and anime.

>Shinra-operated trains with their own guards
>you're allowed to just carry massive weapons on, it's cool
At least in the original you knew you were operating on cartoon logic. In this it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

To be fair, even in the original you have people on the train freaking out or muttering to themselves about Cloud and pals looking like a bunch of freaks and thugs.

Looks fine. The weeb stands out from the crowd just like in real life.

Oh, yeah I vaguely remember that. For some reason I thought it was just Barret they were talking about though, not the whole crew.

Attached: damn son.jpg (162x252, 28K)

ARPGs are just naturally bigger, remember. They need more room for shit to happen.

>all these people complaining about how silly/ridiculous it looks

ITT people who either never played the original or are completely retarded.

>Wouldn't it be ironic if someone assumes he's some SOLDIER LARPer?
He's wearing a soldiers uniform, too. Which I always thought should've got him in trouble, but you're probably right. People think he's some larper.

>Main characters looks like j-pop singers
>npc looks like normal people
why?

I like how everyone is like "don't make eye contact." Cloud looks like some stinky weeb on his way to an anime convention.

Attached: 1560979375682.png (800x940, 418K)

Those aren't opposing ideas. You can have anime design with hyper realistic graphics, which is what this is trying to do.

My point isn't about the expanded size of the environment, but more so how it'll play into Midgar and this part of the storyline itself. We already know an additional motorcycle scene with Jessie is in, and the city's so large that there would be a massive waste of assets if the game restrained you to two reactors, two slums, a single sector and the Tower again.

It's not that realism is bad, it's just that realism takes alot to look good, and you fuck it up it'll look like absolute dogshit.

It's more like he's looking directly at the camera.
>You seein' this shit?

Well, it's the whole game now. I'm expecting a LOT of side quests, and probably a lot of filler featuring The Fatemen of Watches.

Maybe having big hunks of metal hanging from your back are a common thing in midgar

Attached: 59485285.png (592x533, 43K)

Either there was a lot of cut content that they're bringing back, which could actually add to the experience, or they'll just pad it with random bullshit to justify the 60$ price tag just for Midgar, which is likely what will happen.

>and you fuck it up it'll look like absolute dogshit
Like having unnecessary jiggle physics in FFVIIre?

I'm curious as to how strong the DLC materia will end up being.

Did people seriously want a FF7 remake?

Attached: 1560338464877.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

Just tried sucking my own dick but couldnt really get further than getting the tip of my tongue on the tip of my dick. How do you guys do this

I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Attached: 1456522943035.jpg (1337x990, 302K)

They are hinging so much on this. Having the game look this cartoon-y would alienate a lot of people, particularly casuals. Realistic looking characters have far more potential to sell.

Blame that PS3 tech demo of the intro back in 2005. That being said, if it's decent then I can enjoy something to dick around it, so i'm not complaining. It doesn't replace the original.

Attached: havealook.jpg (480x480, 83K)

start by hanging yourself with a rope, helps stretching the neck.

SOLDIER uniform, sword which is pretty much synonym of SOLDIER, AND Mako eyes

Attached: SOLDIER_Sword.png (557x490, 63K)

Considering the biggest game right now is Fortnite, I disagree. All the casuals want is good graphics. The cartoon with quality graphics, like the image I posted, would've potentially reached even more people that it does with actual realistic proportions. What wouldn't sell is low-poly, even though I love it.

Attached: 1506716544657.gif (640x480, 622K)

It does seem odd. I feel that regular characters should have more fantasy-ish clothes designs that match the other characters. For something like Midgar, it should have more ghetto cyberpunk or something.

Looks like shit, realism is a mistake. These games that try so hard to be photorealistic end up being shit, like RDR2. Gameplay and a style always are better than gritty, balls to the wall realism.

A major point of Fortnite's success is that it's free and on every system.

I don't know how I only just realized that this is still the same street Aerith was on in the opening. Growing up I just thought the place was really shitty since this and the burning tunnel a screen back are the only places the sector show damage on, but with the whole shot panned out you basically toppled buildings with the bombing and that leaky mako pipe is what's growing in the background.

Subway stations don't have any security checks, you just walk in scan your card and go through the barriers
Some transit staff might sit in the cubicle to help but he's behind glass and he surely isn't gonna step out if he sees someone with a big sword he's just gonna call police, that's enough time for Cloud to get on the train

it's definitely a little weird when you look at the original technical demo, where everyone still looked like they were in dreary clothing instead of just being modern citizens
youtube.com/watch?v=912dF_ltp0Y

Wasn't there like five people on the car in the original game because it was the last train for the day?

Walk into a subway with a machine gun strapped to your arm and see what happens

To be fair this may be the second train ride the following day.

It's a video game dude

Sure but there are other free games on every system. The cartoon look helps to market it more than if it had realistic stuff.
I never thought Square was going to go for a cartoon look but I would've preferred it.

Fortnite is successful because of the way it keeps people addicted while also having tons of marketing.

Everyone assumes he's SOLDIER because he looks exactly like one, right down to the glowing eyes.
Sad to see that the remake doesn't do a good job of showing this, it's why literally everyone he comes across assumes he's a real SOLDIER after all.

lil ZOOM ZOOMs can't handle the real deal
have to rely on hand hold garbage of remakes/reimaginings

>i have no argument, but i must post.

Attached: 1536055223881.gif (837x717, 1.01M)

yes, tranny.

Attached: 1549248475193.jpg (3000x1700, 506K)

Oh god. I like that the sword is stuck to his back (now give him a fanny pack for all those potions) but are NPCs really not going to even stare at him? He sticks out like a sore thumb. Also what's with the high ceiling? You'd have to bore much bigger tunnels with passenger trains like that, and they don't even use the space for cargo or extra hand holds for the middle of the car.

Are you people stupid or shitposting?
We've already had two different conversations about the ethics of terrorism just in the brief trailers we've seen already.

Don't enemies from the SOLDIER program carry swords that big around too? I guess the NPCs are probably disensitized about that shit, since they have to see at least one of these guys leading a group of foot soldiers every once and a while.

I haven't seen any screenshots of other NPCs carrying swords. Still though, people stare at cops. Especially if they were are such huge and intimidating weapons. Our real world pistols might be more lethal than Cloud's buster sword, but that thing is just surf board sized.

this

Attached: screenshot000.jpg (1920x2100, 780K)

This is why Nomura had the Versus XIII characters phase away their weapons out of combat, because he realised with more realistic graphics, the more stupid this shit looks

He forgot the lesson

i'm getting horrible XV flashbacks

fellas.....

Attached: which way western man.jpg (556x241, 69K)

How old are you ?

FF7 Advent Children Cloud looks better in realistic visuals, they should have gone with that design

Soldier outfit belongs in the 1990's & you all know it

There were a few people wearing suits and dresses. It does look jarring though with the remake costumes

reminder there are retards out there who think tifa is white

Attached: tifa-ff7-remake-e3-2019.png (1600x1600, 841K)

I love women.

This, but without the irony. It doesnt look right.

I assumed he did that because he's a shitty designer who literally has no idea how to design a character with a scabbard while making them look good.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but I'm not talking about NPCs, I'm talking about the world building in general. SOLDIER are high class, well, soldiers, and they lead groups of foot soldiers like in Crisis Core, while carrying around swords like that.

And considering the world of Final Fantasy has way crazier shit than a guy walking around with a massive sword, then yeah, I don't think it looks off that people don't stare at Cloud's surf board when the world of FF has magic that come out of cristal balls, lets you summon gods and 'planet destroying' dragons, and the outside of Midgar has monsters bigger than buildings, capable of wiping out entire cities with one blast.

A guy with a man sized sword is the least of their worries.

it's the npcs that stick out, not cloud

>Nu ff7 won't have this dark grunge aesthetic
Monkeys paw bros

As if the FFVII:R threads couldn't get any worse Nomura found a way to do it

Newer one has to much of a metropolitan feel to it. Where as old one actually felt like you in the slums

Attached: 397294-final-fantasy-vii-playstation-screenshot-in-a-subway-train.png (320x256, 100K)

she's supposed to be 'eastern' in contrast to Aeris's 'western' look but Tifa more so resembles a high-caste latina from Venezuela or Columbia

Take out Cloud and Biggs and this could be a generic train full of generic people in any generic videogame set vaguely in modern times. With them in it looks really fucking silly. At least Noctis wore boring enough clothing to blend in with the boring NPCs.

>when the weeaboo brings his anime swords on the train

Attached: ugh.png (1616x1448, 703K)

she looks like a chink who's had plastic surgery

The unrealistic part is where they would be allowed to ride the underground with weapons full on display. That shit happens nowhere in the world.
Who would feel comfortable to ride closed in with freaks and potential mass murderers?

Well, the trains are implied to be running the course around the city and not just slum-exclusive. So it makes sense that it can go either way in terms of appearance.

>choker
>SPIKY choker
muh dick

Attached: Untitled.png (362x380, 253K)

You realize the trains are mostly for the top plate dwellers and the last stops are where the poorfags are thrown out into the slums yea?

I've never met a spic before, we don't have any in Canada do they actually look like that? I thought they had brown skin

In fairness, that same retardation was present in the original. Like how the Shinra building, the HQ of the most powerful force in the entire world, has a security system based solely around some random keycards with no further checks or authorizations. The only difference is the original was meant to be seen as a cartoon, while this is getting a huge and stupid realism push for some strange reason.

I don't think that's the problem, since poor people still use public transportation.
The Problem is that all of he commuters look like people you'd see on a normal train in our world, and not like people you'd see around Midgar. Their clothing is too normal.

god she is beautiful

There's a difference, but that isn't it. FF7 Midgar feels like a futuristic version of a city in the 90s. Viir's Midgar feels like a futuristic versions of a city in the 2020s.

I don't think it's too big of a deal, (especially because the compilation from what I understand axed that completely anyways) but there is a marked difference.

Yeah, Midgar had a lot of people in dumb outfits in the original and now it's JUST Cloud. I wonder if they'll make fun of it.

Why not? We have had graphics this good on PC for like 10 years.

You mean like in FFXV where everyone outside of Insomnia dressed relatively normal

>Goth talking shit about weebs
Pot calling the kettle black, huh?

>futuristic versions of a city in the 2020s.
not sure what's so futuristic about a wooden train

Shinra grunts, Turks and SOLDIERS walking around with weapons is probably common as fuck. And all SOLDIERS have oversize weapons

XV didn't have the same setting. For one, Noctis doesn't look NEARLY as ridiculous as Cloud.

Yes, I also remember that part. I guess you can have some suspension of disbelief when its shitty 3d models, but with improved realistic graphics you demand more realism. Like in previous threads mentioned they'll have to deal with a lot of weird shit to sell to the audience.

Maybe "cyberpunk version" would be a better term.

Well, be fair user. Most soldiers in the army would stick out like a sore thumb among regular civilians.

The problem is when the guy with the giant sword is right next to you in closed quarters. Thats infinitely more threatening that some hypothetical guy running around somewhere with a machine-gun.

this is actually whats happening, Cloud is still wearing SOLDIER uniform and midgardians know what they look like and know to look the other way when SOLDIERs are around.

Cloud even sticks out next to Biggs, though.

I dunno, maybe I'll get used to it.

>filling your high fantasy jrpg setting with generic gta npcs
Why does square enix do this?

Attached: 4abcOp1.jpg (1680x974, 212K)

FFVII was supposed to look realistic.

I like how everyone ignores the post pointing out how autistic you all are.

Gross, looks like f2p mobile shit

What is more autistic? Talking about a video game, or pretending to be a hyper exaggerated version of the people talking about the video game for the (you)s?

>LET ME TELL YOU
>ABOUT LUCIS

Who cares, just about everything from the 90's is better anyway, even Tifa's outfit.

>waah big sword look silly >:(
Are you all fucking 14? Go play uncharted or something if you want every character to look like a bland npc. or better yet, go play the original fucking final fantasy 7, because clearly none of you fucking teens have.

Every civilian in that train looked out of a fucking noir film, now that I think about it.

If by 'every' you mean that one dude with a waistcoat.

No one's said it yet but they're actually noticing the different shape of Remake's buster sword. Yes, they changed it for the remake, and some can notice that it looks awkward but can't pick up why. I'm used to oversized shit and worse, clipping, from souls games.

Looks realer than real life.

>misrepresenting the argument
the argument is that it didn't look too silly back in FF7 but in ReFF7 they're trying to make everything look "realistic" so Cloud stands out like a sore thumb.

Well, they did give it "veins" for some fucking reason.

I looks weird and stupid and i love it

Where are you now, those Who wanted a ff7 weirdness?

with this kind of designs?

Attached: CaitSith-FFVIIArt.png (353x417, 161K)

Why does he only have one green?

>DLC materia.
I expect preorder bonuses, but DLC will probably be sidequests and outfits (AC, Classic, KH, etc.)

Yeah FFVII looked SOO much like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Attached: 39CDFF69-4B1A-4034-993F-AF763C55C599.jpg (1440x999, 595K)

I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to do this one the most.

Oh, yeah my mistake. By DLC materia I meant the pre-order bonus.

>specifically picking the dirtiest grossest area in the game to prove your point
alright now post Chocobo ranch

Cait Sith is going to be horrendously ugly if Dirge is anything to go by.

Looks like they'll be relatively weak, but you'll likely get to start out with them, giving you some time to play around with them before you'd get something stronger.

pretty much yeah

Attached: boom02.jpg (1410x1080, 192K)

Man, this place will be soulless as fuck in the remake, i can already feel it.

Why is this pic the prime choice for trannies on social media?

What's the issue here?

This area was already soulless, though. When VIIr2 comes around, it's absolutely the part of Disc I that could use some padding. We didn't even do any jail things.

that's what happens when shinra succs

He also has never met a hispanic and he's retarded.

The remake looks soulful as fuck so... No.

Cartoons are for kids

As someone living in Korea I can confirm that when soldier bois get on the subway it looks just like that.
They generally don't carry their guns in with them though.