Why didn't this piece of shit have a second stick?

It fucking sucks how many games had such terrible controls because of it. I still don't know how I bothered finishing Peace Walker on that thing.

Attached: 61y17iN9dvL._SX522_[1].jpg (522x239, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/RemasteredControls
venturebeat.com/2010/10/29/sony-makes-a-profit-on-games-but-playstation-portable-is-weak-link/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/04/sony-piracy-is-a-huge-problem-for-the-psp/
eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-3-psp-and-software-sales-down-for-sony_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just use the buttons to look around, ain't that hard. Or you use the buttons to walk directions and the stick to look around, that's how I played a few fps games

>tfw never had a PSP and you instead have a vita with a the d-pad binded to the 2nd stick on which you played most PSP games (few that I played on ppsspp too)
>your vita is also hacked, has a better screen than PSP, and doesn't need proprietary memory cards

>get VitaTV
>hack VitaTV
>install Adrenaline
>get Dualshock 4 controller
>map d-pad camera controls to right stick (double-invert if you are a Giga-Chad)
>????
>profit

Attached: 1560967015900.gif (320x240, 1007K)

once you learned how to claw properly it really wasn't that bad. I had a lot of fun with MHFU and used claw grip the whole time

Eh I enjoyed more psp games than ds games.

never bothered me once, maybe you should stop being a zoomer child who emulates

the ds didn't even have one stick and nobody cared

>people unironically defending the lack of a second stick in a 2004 console
pathetic and cringe to say the least

Was the point of your post to tell us that the Vita is a better piece of hardware than its predecessor?

>console
*handheld

meanwhile on the DS

People spent several years saying it wasn't, so it doesn't exactly fall under the "master of obvious" category. The last few arguments against that crumbled only recently.

Handheld console, yes. It doesn't stop being a console because you can put it in your pocket.

>People spent several years saying it wasn't
How could anyone argue that? It objectively is superior hardware. You sure they weren't shitting on its lackluster library and the retarded way Sony managed it?

The real nightmare was the fucking PSP Go. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea.

but a handheld first. so where's the DS defense?

I don't know, I never had a DS and I never gave a shit about it or any discussion/arguments around it.

>tfw no PSP2 with dual analog sticks
>tfw no similar library and vibes

if they just called the vita the psp2 it would have been a huge hit. instead the japs fucked up the naming so it was another wiiu

Psp tried to be a portable ps2, DS didn't try to be a portable gamecube, it was its own thing and didn't need a single stick.
If you want to shit on a nintendo handheld, 3ds is the one you are looking for, only one stick in 2011 shows how much of a hack Iwata was.

>Psp tried to be a portable ps2
And it succeeded at that to be fair
Yes it sold less than the DS but it still sold what, 90 million units? That's not a small number.

No one would have bought it either way because it didn't have games people gave a shit about.

Sony twice made expensive handhelds with hardware that worked against the unit's own success. Having higher-end hardware just made them more expensive to produce and for customers to buy, as well as games more expensive and time-consuming to develop. No one wanted to make exclusives for them because they cost too much to make and would have sold too little to be worth it. DS/3DS games cost a lot less to make.

So while PSP/Vita may have had some ports that wouldn't have been possible on lesser hardware, that hardware kept them from having substantial libraries of their own, and combined with the higher price-points made them a lot less appealing than Nintendo's handhelds both for customers and for developers looking to make original titles.

Vita doesn't have an excuse for not having clickable sticks, and it only slightly has one for no L2/R2

retard. psp was hugely successful

It still had a bunch of exclusives, most of them being new entries in classic PS2 series which was exactly what the PSP was all about and what people wanted from it.

Shame it never got a third GTA Stories game set in Los Santos.

The numbers are kind of shaky but PSP was DEFINITELY over 75 million. Far from a failure.

80 million

Look at software though, PSP only sold ~318 million units, which is very low given its install base. For comparison, Nintendo sold 200 million units of DS software in FY 2009 alone, with a total of almost 950 million total units over its lifetime.

>game allows use of the left stick for look controls and face buttons for movement
>map the face buttons to the left stick, and the left stick to the right stick

Attached: 245693569.jpg (490x497, 63K)

Well piracy was massive on the PSP. I myself never bought another game after I installed CFW on mine.

see
People bought it to emulate old Nintendo games, software sales trickled down to nothing.

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/RemasteredControls
I haven't used this personally but I remember seeing it, thought you'd be interested.

That's impressive considering you didnt need to buy games at all.

I found my Pandora battery when I was helping clean out my parents place. This inspired me to dig out my PSP. I finally found it. Full of games, and Milla Jovovich nudes, and the movie Stealth for some fucking reason.

Country roads take me home.

You don't need dual analogs on your PC, do you?

>psp was hugely successful

>venturebeat.com/2010/10/29/sony-makes-a-profit-on-games-but-playstation-portable-is-weak-link/
>PlayStation revenues were $2.12, down 12.9 percent from 2009
>PlayStation Portable is in a tailspin. Unit sales were 1.5 million, down 50 percent compared to a year earlier. PSP software sold 13 million units, down 2 million from a year ago

>arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/04/sony-piracy-is-a-huge-problem-for-the-psp/
>In a 2009 interview, Peter Dillon, Sony's senior vice-president of marketing, said piracy of video games was leading to lower sales than hoped

PSP started off okay but tanked soon after, with only hardware moving any units due to rampant piracy and a lack of new software

PSP
>many 3D games
>1 stick
>80 million
3DS
>many 3D games
>1 stick
>80 million
Vita
>many 3D games
>2 sticks
>15 million

DS
>3D games
>no stick
>150 million

90 million units is successful no matter how hard you try to revise history

I genuinely liked the psvita. It was good

Had fond memories doing the Alice dungeon in soul sacrifice delta with the guys in /vg/.

Forgot about it for ages till i went on holidays recently and brought it in case of a rainy day.Rediscovered muramasa.

mgs: peace walker was a pain to play on this.

Dude there's no need to re-write history, its common, publicly available knowledge.

PSP sold some hardware but it was not making money and software sales were really bad. The articles I linked specifically say the PSP dragged profits and forecasts down because of how badly games were selling and later the hardware. The software is where the money is made.

The fucking PS2 was routinely outselling the PSP, sales for all Sony hardware were in a really, really bad spot around 2009.
>eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-3-psp-and-software-sales-down-for-sony_0

>Sales for the PlayStation business as a whole were down 37.4 per cent year-on-year "due to lower game and VAIO PC sales", said the company.
>Specifically, Sony noted a decline in software and PSP hardware sales.
>The effect of all this caused Sony as a whole to record an operating loss $268m

What where they thinking with the Vita memory cards ?

And the blatant money grab by having the saves be deleted if you uninstalled a game (except if you had ps+)

>PSP sold some hardware
>some hardware
>over 80 million units

the ps3 was failing hard at that time. psp sales were a success since 2005

>B-B-BUT IT SOLD 80 MILLIONZ!11!1!!
>He repeats over and over without analyzing any of the related data or figures that actually determine what is "successful" for a product sold for profit

The PS3 sold 80 million too, I guess that was a success despite being a financial flop by definition?

Just fucking stop man, the PSP was not "hugely successful" its fine that you loved yours but you're just being willfully ignorant if you deny that it was financially rocky and didn't meet Sony's expectations, financially or otherwise. They LOST money during the PS3/PSP years, it was not financially successful.

when people say a console is successful they are referring to sales of the hardware, not software sales

most gamers owned a psp, ergo it was very successful. keep coping

>Specifically, Sony noted a decline in software and PSP hardware sales.

I mean they flat-out cite PSP floundering but lol okay

>when people say a console is successful they are referring to sales of the hardware, not software sales
You're fucking retarded

By this logic, 2005 through 2010 was a period of RESOUNDING SUCCESS for Sony because they still sold hardware!

What? What do you mean that's literally not the definition of successful, and that they lost money due specifically to declining software ANd hardware sales? THAT DOESN'T MATTER REEEEEEEEEE PSP WAS SUCCESSFUL REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 3068150-6032787850-1btMQ.png (640x434, 29K)

lmao seething nintendie, psp was hugely successful and strengthened the playstation brand no matter how hard you cry

Why do you care so much about sales if you’re not an investor? You need to find better shit to have console wars over. It’s 2019 anyway, they’re basically the same thing now.

This honestly gives proof to nintendo's claim that normies can't into 3D movement and joysticks.

>"PSP was hugely successful"
>No it really wasn't, here's numbers and statements right from Sony
>"W-w-why do you CARE!? You're n-not an investor...."

Not an argument. PSP was not "hugely successful" just because it sold hardware. AGAIN, by this logic we can also call PS3 "hugely successful" because it also sold a good 80 million units, even though it lost literal billions of dollars.

You can't change the metric for success when you get called out.