Why aren't you playing a JRPG right now?

Why aren't you playing a JRPG right now?

Attached: grandia edge of the world.jpg (640x480, 56K)

because i dont like shit gameplay

i'm going to start ff7 soon, not sure if i should finish octopath first but i am very early into that game anyway

This isn't a WRPG thread though.

Cause I just beat Kh3. Time to play something American

Attached: Why.png (1160x420, 128K)

I'm still playing Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. Not sure what it'll be after that.

Attached: file.png (2000x2883, 1.58M)

Because random encounters are gay, clicking attack on a menu when there isn't a tactical battlefield to move around on is gay and reliving the same tired fucking rainbow hair anime stories gets old after awhile.

Good 1st person dungeon crawler? Is it challenging?

Ontopic
>pic related
I'm good. :)

Attached: IMG_20190619_231809.jpg (3264x1840, 1.58M)

i wish collection of mana wasnt so expensive, i just want it for trails but that nintendo tax is a ripp off

Every time I try I get impatient and lose interest. I love anime art styles but it's just a genre I can't get into, and I've tried. Some arpg's I can handle.

I've got a list, dammit!
I just entered the final stages of Okami, and then after that I'm going to finally play through FFVII.

Attached: 7th Dragon.jpg (1067x666, 198K)

because I'm straight.

because judgment releases next week

Peak of the game for me, one of the best going-on-adventure vibe experienced

Too bad things went south fast after that

I’m trying but holy fuck Octopath Traveler is boring.

Because anime artstyle is disgusting for every person with slightest resemblance of taste, same for their game-design.

If youve played one jrpg youve played them all. Wrpgs are objectively superior.

It is expensive, I agree. But a friend bought it for me, so I'm not complaining.

I am

Attached: penis.png (640x480, 160K)

>Good 1st person dungeon crawler?
I found it pretty enjoyable, yes. I would rank it just below the Etrian Odyssey and Dungeon Travelers franchises.
>Is it challenging?
Yes and no. It's really easy to accidentally wind up over-leveled because the game lets you stockpile EXP while in a dungeon, and doing so gives it a multiplier (starting at 1.11 and ending at 2.99). If you abuse that mechanic with enemies that naturally give a lot of EXP then you'll probably roll over everything except the bosses.

I know Yea Forums and reddit are synonymous with one another but you don't have to pretend to hate anime here, you won't get downvoted for it, I assure you.

I'm kind of trying to mellow a bit right now from my Remicade infusion, but I did just start up ToV:DE the other day (literally just start, I'm at the save point in the jail). Then there's VC1 + 4 to consider, as well as XBC2 & OPT.

There are no jobs that generate less than $15/h revenue.

Random battles irritate me and I can never figure out that balance of using turns to heal, attack and figure out what type of attacks work best on what enemies. The very long scenes of story telling and going through all that text is as boring to me as VNs. It gives me a feeling of constant anticipation to get past the encounters and dialogue but that's the whole game. Watching other people who know what they're doing is fun for me though.

Thank you, user!

Brainlet

Cashiers, Janitors, Caregivers, Delivery Drivers. There's plenty

because whenever i try one, it looks like it was made in Gamemaker and the selling point is the "story"

>VX
faggot

Because I like games with actual gameplay and not just a virtual board game.

Why was my post deleted?

Criminal Girls 1 & 2
Trillion: God of Destruction
Record of Agarest War Mariage
Ar Tonelico 1,2,3

What do you think a JRPG even is?

You do realize ARPGs exist, right?

You can't say the C-word, user. Jannies are closet pedophiles and that is their trigger word.

Thanks user-kun
already played ar tonelico series and the ps2 era ateliers tho
dang hotpockets

Attached: 1537207729539.png (813x241, 44K)

I'm a big fan of Skies of Arcadia and I heard Kodama worked on this game, would you recommend it?

I've literally heard nothing about it except it has a fan translation and Kodama produced it.

I was playing Octopath Traveler but it's terrible so now i'm playing a Non-jrpg.

Kodama had little to do with actually making it. If you wanna play games she actually made there were only 2 - Phantasy Star IV and Magic Knight Rayearth on Saturn.

Same but with Dragon Quest 11
Goddamn it was boring as shit

Only if you talk from the perspective of multinational conglomerates maybe.

All you're doing by raising the minimum wage is raising the barriers to entry so high that you're giving the existing large corps de facto monopoly as they can generate more revenue per unit due to the economy of scale. Some cashier at a small local owned shop likely doesn't generate $15/h revenue, or if it does it sure as hell doesn't generate enough more to keep the business reasonably profitable.

Why are you such a corporate bootlicker?

Bout 15 hours into Dragon Quest 4 now

RPG philosophy is the most braindead in the video game world.

It shows when your attempt to make it more of a game is to gradually strip the RPG elements.

Gaining a skill or a stat that makes me do 20% more damage isn't chaning anything, userside. It's literally just the computer generating a number higher than it would have if I didn't get that. I'll beat an enemy in ~17% less time but not by doing anything different.
Gaining a new ability or weapon in action games can give me, the player, options for taking down enemies faster based on changing what I'm actually doing..

It's not like the system even allows for varied intellectual strategy or tactics because math has one answer, or else you're dealing with probablities which have no "correct" answer before the fact, you can tip the odds in your favour (in which case refer to the first point, one objectively correct answer), but selecting hatchet man and getting a crit isn't an indicator of skill even if it wasn't the most "efficientt" option available. This is especially apparent in RPG gameplay because in general there aren't enough systems to make the "correct" answer for encounters A to Z notably different. You might have to cycle through a few different "answers" depending on whether the enemy is resistant to magic or physical but you're not going to have an engaging fight every time because it'll generally be the same as the last encounter. Selecting hatchet man against a metally and getting a crit isn't a measure of skill either because it's pretty much the best option you're going to have in most cases, and the payout is wholly determinant on RNG.

So the reason I am not playing a JRPG now is because I like to play games, not have the computer play them for me. All the points I have made are ESPECIALLY prevalant in Jap games, where health pools are bloated so that encounters drag so you repeat the same moves and affinities and weaknesses are basic and obvious.

>American education

Fuck dude you seriously destroyed jrpgs for me

tl;dr I'm a huge faggot

I'm trying to set up XB1 with mods now

Attached: GRAHFPOST.jpg (422x370, 75K)

>"What is ambience, story, lore and more?"
Also, me too I can "ruin" a video game genre for you by using math shit!

This might just be the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

I sincerely disgusted by it, disgusted with passion.

>Cashiers don’t make hundreds of dollars in sales an hour
>Delivery drivers don’t deliver hundreds of dollars of merchandise an hour

>I'll beat an enemy in ~17% less time but not by doing anything different.
I've never thought about it like that. When you put it like that, it sounds very efficient.

Combat is boring, stories are either cringefests or metaphors for pollution. I tend to start them and stop caring in about ten minutes.

Attached: 1553971147950.jpg (405x280, 25K)

>nintendo tax
Naw that's just Square being fuckers as usual. Contra collection came out the same day outsourced by the same devs even and konami priced it at 20. SE just suck.

Thanks, I'll be saving this in my folder of people that are completely fucking retarded.

Attached: zzz.png (1207x299, 79K)

Finished DQV this morning, not sure if I wanna go ahead with VI now or wait for next week's Steam sale and get FF7.

Attached: A Metal Slime has appeared!.gif (250x211, 14K)

Attached: slime.gif (550x400, 25K)

Mine are all unethical I'm waiting for the Ethics Board in California to tell me which ones I'm allowed to play.

wya in RS2?
show team and skills.

20 some hours in just beat wagnas

Try to play an RPG other than persona games

Cashier's don't make sales. There job is to only ring people up as they are leaving, which is why most small places don't have dedicated cashiers.

Delivery drivers get paid on shipping cost, definitely not 15/hr in revenue

does ff14 count as a jrpg? I have a few I need to complete. Is the ff15 dlc worth completing it came with the version I bought. Also DQ7 or fire emblem brithright?

FPBP
Based, except the part where you use gay as an insult in 2019. You should try "retarded" instead
Based, anime is awful, bottom tier art style.
> Inb4 muh anime website
Go back to 2005
True
Absolutely based. Yea Forums will shit on VNs then circlejerk jrpgs which are just VNs with random interruptions to click through a menu to spam your most powerful attack.
> Board game
> Implying most jrpgs are even close to as well designed as a good board game
As someone who plays board games, I feel a bit insulted you would compare them to such a dogshit genre of video games

I don't have the patience to deal with all the bullshit in JRPGs anymore. It used to be my favorite genre but it seems like all the ones I've played lately are unnecessarily long winded and stale. I tried to get into Golden Sun, it was too boring. Tried to get into DQIII, same thing. I might buy a ps4 and get DQXI because I know it will be right up my alley. Other than that, I can't be bothered. DQVIII is my fav RPG of all time, for all those comfy feels.

Attached: grumpy.jpg (625x415, 95K)

Play Suikoden 2, perfect mix of interesting+comfy

can you elaborate? I was thinking of pirating.

HOW HOW HOW WHAT MAKES THEM BORING THESE ARE ALL GAMES I AM CONSIDERING PLAYING ONE DAY.

please explain what exactly made them boring.

but i am playing secret of mana right now.

thanks for the recommendation, friendo

Attached: 1558806849560.gif (400x197, 1.93M)

??? doesn't like DQ3????
>I know DQ11 will be more gooder
I don't know if you understand DQ or think something radically different is going to occur.

Because I've played a lot of the ones I cared to play and have nothing left to play. I coud replay a JRPG I guess, was considering doing that. Maybe Dragon Quest or something.

calm down and take your meds, virgin

I needed a break from Final Fantasy Adventure but I should be wrapping it up by the weekend.

it just felt like it was taking a long time to get started. It's different with Dragon Quest 8 and 11 because of the fully realized, immersive 3d worlds.

Attached: 1558826672748.gif (245x180, 1007K)

I'm most of the way through FF1 on the Dawn of Souls collection. Think I'll play FF2 then check out the first three Dragon Quests.

Seething weeb

Attached: 675.png (680x531, 626K)

I had to restart once after 10 hours because:
>I didn't invest in magic
>I didn't know running from battles also increases BR
Of course, Emperor is the strongest. Just got Sword Barrier spell and Mirage Blade skill for swords, fuck yes!

Attached: IMG_20190620_012808.jpg (1840x3264, 1.78M)

Playing kh chain of memories atm, holy shit this game is bad

I finished Wild Arms 3 recently, fun times despite the messed up text boxes

Attached: rivals.webm (700x400, 2.74M)

have sex

On a side note, I have no idea how to reach Wagnas when he "flies away" ... And I don't want to read FAQ.

the last one I finished was Wild Arms what's a good one to play?

I remember playing this on a demo disc. Really enjoyed it, but never able to own the full game. Are the other games in the series just as good?

Why play Vidya fast food when I can just go to Wendys?

It tastes better and doenst take 80-100 hours.

I'm doing my second run in Rance X. Hopefully I can unlock part 2 this time.

Attached: 1551929266970.jpg (800x600, 365K)

cope, incel

>order $60 game
>have to pay delivery boy $60 because he delivered $60 worth of goods
man it must suck to be a yuro

>food analogy

Attached: 1096811571945209856_@u_ka.jpg (1083x1083, 83K)

But user, I just bought The Last Remnant on switch last week and have been playing the heck out of it...

Enjoyed 1 & 2 alot, but haven't tried 4 & 5. 1 & 2 are pretty old rpgs though so not sure if you'd enjoy it

Attached: wgawgdgwa.png (1259x684, 1.29M)

4 and 5 go maximum anime if that bothers you and XF is actually pretty good.

Dilate. Only a tranny that's incapable of having sex because he cut his dick off would be this obsessed with it

I was playing one this morning, and I'm not made out of time.

Attached: splash.png (1055x666, 853K)

Because I'm at work, and Granblue is more of an mmo.

I'm ready to get back into Metal Max Returns once I get home though. It's a great game with a fun world to progress through with crazy bosses/enemies and a lot of cool tank options.

Probably gonna probably gonna pick up the Collection of Mana even though Trials can be modded for three players. Not enough JRPGS I can play with my brothers. On top of that I really want to get into Saga and Ar Tonelico, but it'll be awhile before I can get to them.

Attached: 1438586967634.jpg (563x598, 95K)

Having a blast playing DQ I. About to enter the mountain cave.

Attached: B4AEA6B2-53E6-442F-81EA-DA35F7BBB5EB.png (828x1792, 2.37M)

Tell me a JRPG and I'll play it. Bonus point for easy to emulate.

Digital Devil Saga

waiting for the steam summer sale so I can buy final fantasy XII

i'm straight

Grandia

this but unironically
it's really fucking bland and boring 99% of the time. like, "concept art for generic AAA fps" levels of boring.

I'm currently playing SD3

Angela a cute! CUTE!

Wish the second game on GOG would stop crashing on me for no apparent reason.

Defenders of Oasis on Game Gear.

more like BLANDia, if you ask me

Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana. Especially if you also like beat em ups since that's basically how it plays.

Alliance Alive

Attached: aa_logo.png (4214x3231, 970K)

This just reeks newfag.

>stories are cringefests
>he says while posting DMC

nobody asked you.

Playing FF7 for the fifth time, this time on Switch. Like usual, I'm dreading the Golden Chocobo quest.

dq11 looked pretty and colorful so i tried it
the music was bad, the characters were boring, the combat is boring, the story was boring
even if something happens it never feels like anything happens
you think you want old school games that don't have combat gimmicks but you find out you're wrong. variety is the spice of life
nips love the series because its boring.

Attached: 1553447914714.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Playing ff7 for the first time on the switch. I'm near the end of the game (right outside the crater with sephiroth). What's the golden chocobo quest and should I be concerned?

but i am!
replaying Cross Code once more, this time beating Ellie in all races and Apollo in all duels.

It's an optional quest, leads to getting some of the best materia in the game and the best summon. You don't have to worry about it, you can kill Sephiroth easily just by playing the game normally. It's more for killing two optional bosses that are the hardest in the game.

Aeris will come back to life but you need to complete the quest before she is killed by Sephiroth

Do chocobo breeding, do chocobo racing, eventually get the golden chocobo, ride it to the island that gives you Knights of the Round.

Obviously, it's optional.

Depends on the gimmick, depends on the game. Sometimes the gimmick is so fun that the rest of the game hardly matters. Sometimes the gimmick is pointless (or worse yet, actively bad) and it's not worth playing unless it's the story, characters, or some other aspect worth putting the time into.

Final Fantasy VIII had a unique combat gimmick, but that doesn't make the game worth playing.

There's also a Mew underneath the truck in Nibelheim.

>playing a pixel game on an inceLED
Cringe

SMT Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga

The World Ends With You.

Attached: 5th anniversary .jpg (696x571, 106K)

They were saying "real soon" during E3 like it's coming out within a month or something.
COME ON ALREADY

It's an MMO, but it never forgets that it's a final fantasy.
It has a very long and detailed world and story so even if the only thing you care about is the main quest you can go solo for most of the game.

Ironically it has the most traditional medieval fantasy setting (with long lost super technology of course) since ff9.

>ninty tax isnt a real thing

ok

Why is Bendy $30 on Switch compared to $20 on PS4 and XBONE?

I've tried to broaden my horizons recently, but I really don't like anything else, I just love JRPGs. I don't know how people say that it has shit gameplay when western RPGs exist.

What are the best JRPGs out there brehs? Please give me a list of your absolute best to play.

>lufia 2
>terranigma
>seiken densetsu 3
Those are the 3 best japanese role playing games ever made, have fun friend !

I played this month:
Suikoden 2
BOF 3 and 4
Grandia
Legaia 1 and 2
DQ 8
Chrono Trigger

One of my absolute faves is TWEWY. There’s nothing else like it gameplay wise and the story, aesthetics, music and characters all come together just well for me.

Those people planed Planescape Torment once and think all WRPGs are that good, basically they’re delusional and can’t acknowledge that the genre is in shambles.

Ys 7
Phantasy Star 4
Grandia

I started Pokemon Emerald for the first time a few days ago, around 5 badges in.

I always loved Breath of Fire 2 as a kid but never played any of the other games in the series, so I was thinking of trying 3 or 4, but then I figured I should at least try the original first, and boy is it janky. It's got SNES JRPG charm but the interface is rough and the story's really sparse. I've only got 3 party members so I'm sure it's still got room to pick up. The game makes me appreciate some of the things in BOF2 that I never knew were big improvements. I might have to replay that next, maybe play the series in order