Too scary :(

too scary :(

Attached: s.jpg (616x353, 264K)

But reapers are the only scary thing in the game and even those lose that once you realize thier AI is pants on head retarded.
Devs seriously needed to put in a few more predatory creatures outside of the lava portions.

Yeah, dropped the game because of those reaper niggers

im a huge pussy and stalkers still scare the everloving christ out of me even 100s of meters down

They should have added a massive deep open sea area for the cyclops part of the game.

Like 4-5 times the size of the normal map, and really, insanely deep, but just water. You'd be able to go to like 9-10000 feet deep before you started getting crushed, if you hadn't of course found yourself preyed upon by some ungodly monstrosity first. It could have had undewater islands and shit like that to find as well, but the idea should have been that with depth comes horror, and bio-luminescence and all that good stuff.

Subnautica basically goes to crap once you go to lost river.

Attached: Bigfin Squid.jpg (342x400, 51K)

You should try feeding the Stalkers to get over your fears. They become your bros and give you thier precious teeth.

What about the dokdoks?

brilliant game underappreciated
sequel when

Those teleporty guys are spooky

Already on it's way with the arctic stuff

They kind of lost the feeling of the first game with the voiced protag and knowing that you're technicaly there to dick around since your sister can pick you up at anytime.

you mean the game or the amerigoblin within it?

Dios mio...

>Devs seriously needed to put in a few more predatory creatures outside of the lava portions.
Problem is that since devs are so much against player having ways to fight back against the creatures it severely limits how dangerous creatures they can add into the game without making it annoying.

Channel your inner fucking rage and chase those little cunts off with your knife.

Attached: 1467393219100.jpg (800x650, 176K)

I actually thought I had to kill the fuckers to get the teeth originally. Was so annoyed that it wasn't lootable after stabbing and kiting the cunt

The reapers only made me jump once, but the ghost leviathans got me a few more times and creeped me out a lot more

Why would chase off the stalker bros with a knife?

They are more annoying than spooky.

Those squid/virus lookin fuckers in the deep spooked me more than the leviathans.

Those fucking assholes kept stealing all the cameras from my scanner station.

>Explore abandoned base
>Crabsquid always appears right behind
NOPE NOPE NOPE

>get chased by carnivorous wildlife
>can't use proper weapons to defend yourself because "LMAO guns are evil"

Are you kidding me? Defending yourself from animals is like the ONE universally justifiable use of firearms.

>bros
Any time I swam near the kelp forests I'd get two or three of those little shits tailing me and biting me in the ass if I ignored them.

Attached: 1545626159453.gif (656x368, 1.94M)

I can kinda understand lack of firearms since the replicator does not have blueprints for them and they would be pretty hard to craft by yourself, but holy fuck literally one of the fist things I would craft by myself would be some kind of speargun to hunt and defend myself with.

Dey good bois
Dey just wanna play

Just give them some fish and they will be your bros.

>devs won't add shit like a spear gun for self defense against giant seamonsters
>can use poison to kill harmless fish like peepers
What did they mean by this?

Speargun would be useless against anything you can't already chase off with the knife.

He just wants to be friends.

Attached: dook.png (523x467, 248K)

Spearguns are manly, poison is a woman's weapon.

ghost leviathans are just reskinned reapers without the cool animations.

I wonder how triggered the devs were when they saw people kill their precious monsters with the prawn suit drill and how they will nerf it in the DLC:

This works. Both parts. Anger is a great way to stave off spoops, and one whack with the knife ends their aggro.

Only scary part of the game was the crash site, once you get the mech everything is a joke

>What did they mean by this?
I'm fucking serious about this, its like making a hunting game where you can't kill bears but can kill rabbits with VX. What the hell is wrong with these people?

I wish it were scarier. The endgame areas are all brightly lit and once you get a grapple arm for the prawn suit leviathan's aren't very terrifying since you can just rodeo them. The only really scary part to me was the early midgame when you start venturing down into the dark trenches

No way, those fish are mine. Get your own.

>the crash site
it's not that scary if you approach it from the near side
the dunes however, are fucked from any side

These guys will just chill unless you're an asshole and shine the flashlight in their eyes or get right in their face.

theirs no point murder anything, you get nothing out of it

thank god its not a hunting game
those are boring

atmosphere and sound design are great. monster design is shit.

>you get nothing out of it
says you

Attached: 1539140591204.jpg (654x421, 116K)

Shame they dropped the sound designer over SJW nonsense.

For me the main thing that killed the scariness of the game was that the monsters just aren't dangerous enough. Most the time even if you get ambushed by a monster you can just swim/drive away and they will give up the chase and then you can just repair your vehicle and continue like nothing happened.

>tfw literally had no fear in this game because I love deep sea creatures and know that the ones we have irl are mucu more grotesque and spikey compared to the smooth cute fish in this game
>reapers, dragons, and ghosts are just cool to me and dying is meaningless
game was decent but I wish it has a seperate autogenerated mode because once you finish it the first time theres no real point to a second playthrough

also not supporting sjws, always pirate

I always liked the ghost leviathans, but otherwise yes.

Attached: GL_GR_Night.png (1920x1080, 597K)

Which is a good thing. Do you fuckers even imagine what it would be like otherwise? If enemies chased you to the end of the earth until you stabbed them to death with your knife? It'd be cancer.

>have to brutally stab them with a drill for hours until they bleed out because the devs went MUH GUNS BAD

Attached: 1560562745927.jpg (468x506, 140K)

I'm not saying that the monsters should chase you indefinitely, but it should be far more dangerous than it is to get ambushed by something like a Leviathan. Also it would add a lot more tension if you could only fix your vehicles at the moon pool or at the MVB.

the map was supposed to be semi-randomly generated and many of the earlier versions of it are. it even had terrain terraformation but they cut it for "performance" reasons but it didn't make a difference anyway.

it was a lot spookier to me when I first started and I wandered into the kelp zone, only to be chased down by stalkers until I was eaten because I was too slow.

>mfw went beyond the crater's edge to see if the map ends before knowing what's actually there

Attached: 1449719504208.jpg (500x493, 42K)

>subnautica is set on a volcano located on an ocean planet, and is one of, if not the only place on the planet where land rises near or to the surface

Imagine what lurks beyond the periphery of the volcano... imagine how deep, how dark it would get

Attached: DAA.png (797x347, 548K)

This is it. I became way less scared when I got the moth, and any fear basically disappeared when I got the cyclops. Yeah running it on silent hoping the sea dragon doesn't see you is tense, but not exactly scary. The game is initially scary because you have no idea what can hurt you and where those things live. Once you feel that out there's no variation, no risk. I wish biomes were less strongly delineated and some creatures ventured between them.
Also, late game areas should be pitch black, not a super well-lit lava zone.

>pitch black, not a super well-lit lava zone
There are ingame graphic filters for that, really makes those glowing plants shine.

Honestly the only thing I found scary about the game is the idea I'd lose my shit and have to grind forever to get it back. That reason alone is why I lost interest in the game.

But you don't unless you play permadeath

when will the arctic expansion or whatever be done
I want to play it blind when it is complete

You still have to grind.

>shitty unavoidable voice acting
>materials can only be gathered through loot crates
Bleh
What were you expecting then? That's how these games are.

They got rid of collecting materials in Sub Zero?

From what we've seen, yes.

Yeesh lmao, how did they manage to fuck up that badly

Appealing to casuals that hate video games and just want walking simulators.

wow i knew they would fuck it up but wow

You also constantly get told what to do, there is no immersion to be had, you aren't isolated to the planet, you might as well be on a tour.

>HEARD YOU TALKING SHIT

Attached: 2019-01-16_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

I didn't think I had a fear of deep water until I played Subnautica. Having almost no oxygen didn't help tho

I'm 24 hours into this game and I've just been building bases on the surface or in Jellyfish cavern. I don't think I'm ever going to beat this game at this rate.

You wanna know scary?
Try spending a night in Detroit on the streets.

Is the new game done yet?

The devs are noguns who say it's a political statement about firearms IRL, as if not including spearguns to shoot giant alien fish will somehow influence some incel not to shoot up his school.

underwater shit is scary

Attached: octopus.webm (714x1104, 2.96M)

yes, and?

Attached: untitled.webm (1080x606, 2.86M)

oops meant to post this but that's scary too

Attached: squid.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

>Draw me like one of your french girls

One dev is nogun, honestly the game would be utter shit if you could just kill stuff. It's already largely shit because of the stasis rifle, shouldn't be in the game.

Imagine exploring in a ridiculously deep zone and finding something like this, with no light coming from the surface anymore.

There's so much potential for that sort of horror in Subnautica, which is why I feel it's a shame they went with the whole virus/story route and massive, almost comical looking sea dragons as end-game monsters.

I loved the game. But for the life of me can't understand how people can find it (unironically) "scary".

Amnesia & (to a lesser degree) SOMA, in a perfectly dark, cold room are the only games in my entire life I have found, at most, "atmospheric / chilly". Literally nothing else.

imagine chilling in a ridiculously deep zone and finding some faggots shining some bitch light at your face

I'm fucking terrified of large open waters to the point where they fuck with me even in videogames and beating this game was unironically a personal achieviement.
Thank the fucking lord for the Prawn Suit. Reaper Rodeo cured my fear of them.

IIRC there's lore shit in there about how outside of the crater, only microbial and Leviathan life can sustain itself.
Now think about it. The Ghost Leviathans you meet on the edge but this time, they don't have any other Fauna to impede their growth.

Imagine if Lost River had no natural lighting

i wish this game was better developed. i liked the idea of the game taking place the majority of it's time underwater, but the buggy ai and the lack of actual threats turned the game off for me.
i'd give it like a 6/10 but there's no way in hell that i ever want to play it again.

Attached: Subnautica 2019.02.19 - 19.49.39.09.DVR.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

After learning that they got rid of the sound guy (which was my favourite part of the game), heard that they added constant contact with a base (ruining the loneliness aspect) and had the early parts of the game be heavily railroaded, I stopped looking into Below Zero.
Did it get any better? Did they fix either of those last two problems?

shit like this was infuriating, on top of the garbage framerate

Attached: untitled.webm (1920x1080, 2.31M)

The most infuriating bug I found made it impossible to really us the Cyclops.
Whenever I went to the lower deck, it started leaning to a side as if something was swimming into it. But then it would lean further and further until it would flip. It would keep doing that until it hit a wall, grind into the wall endlessly and explode after enough hull damage. Made it fucking impossible to reach a ladder to stop it.

This happened to me too much, but the most infuriating were mobs, ranging from reefbacks to reapers.