Weapon durability system

>Weapon durability system

Attached: file.png (775x680, 524K)

They "can" be great if it's tied to some other gameplay aspect. If it's just a stats and you go repair once and then, it's just an annoyance.

>hunger and thirsty systems

Attached: 40345.jpg (567x633, 27K)

I honestly don't mind it when weapons are disposable and meant to be used and discarded beyond a couple you keep in reserve for tough enemies, like in BotW.

Trash systems like Fallout New Vegas where the weapons can and should be customized, thus making them unique and valuable, fucking suck though. The amount of investment needed to get solid access to repair kits, cash sufficient to maintain your gear, or the perks to make repair jobs somewhat reasonable to keep up with if you handle them are fucking crazy at the rate gear decays in that game.

>horny meter

Attached: 1552445689190.webm (610x620, 119K)

>Level scaling

Attached: 1560031272527.png (645x773, 11K)

>Open World

Attached: 1546763808103.jpg (1016x1024, 95K)

>corruption meter

Attached: 725.jpg (785x1017, 109K)

What is this image trying to convey ?

Shit I do that face all the time.
Weapon Durability is a hard thing to balance in mostly games. Just like . Almost no game get either right.

>BOTW

this shit made dead island unplayable for me back in the day, weapons broke fucking instantly, fuck that game

can be done well

what is your point

Nice twitter meme OP

Formeely seeding feed

>weapon as hyped up to be legendary and powerful
>has less durability than the common iron sword which is actually the most durable weapon in the game

Attached: 1524372184882.jpg (400x301, 25K)

Weapon durability is okay when you're constantly switching our weapons anyway like in BOTW or you're basically supposed to build a stockpile of weapons like in Fire Emblem.

wypipo be racis shieet

>crafting

Attached: 1454599140506.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

BOTW really killed the soul of Zelda forever sadly. Now it's just a generic open world with a Zelda name.

white people try do a polite smile to not look racist but it looks awkward as fuck

please name 3 games that do this

It's the 'I don't want to be around you but I'm forced to acknowledge your existence' smile.

>weapon progression is just having higher damage
>theres no trade offs or upgrade system its just new thing better

Damn white people and their non-threatening smiles

>yfw Shadow Tower

Attached: 1534298823248.jpg (220x229, 9K)

BOTW is probably the only game that did durability right.

I unironically preferred the Nioh Alpha where those shitty nips weapons would break all the time and I had to pickup a new one while saving my good weapon for the boss.

Weapon durability works great if it's implemented like in BotW where you get a weapon from most enemies you kill to replace the one you just used to kill them and there's a tradeoff system where you can throw weapons about to expire to break them immediately for bonus damage and shit.

It's NOT any good if there's a mechanic in which you're basically just going to go into a menu to repair the one good weapon in the game with consumables constantly.

>tfw weapon breaks in the midst of you fighting a zombie horde and now you only have your fists
>this is also a game where zombies always cling into your face and bite at you in a cinematic

>equipment either lasts for 20 hours or needs major repair every 4 minutes

Attached: 1544322049967.webm (230x276, 152K)

Niggas are mad that the whitey isn't threating enough to them so they can't start a race war without initiating it.

>Hunger or fatigue mechanics that need replenishing far too quickly

Oh boy I had to sprint across a street better catch my breath for two hours oh no now I'm starving!

>here's these awesome ways to kill the enemies but if you don't use our shitty stealth system you get the bad ending

>need to buy weapons in shops or farm them periodically
>dont really stock up for a while but have an alright amount of weapons
>go through a super long part of the game with tons of enemies and no shops
>everyone is running low on items and has to resort to the shittiest stuff to conserve durability

No. But nice troll fag.

corruption of champions
that one hentai succubus game
jackie chan

I rarely had trouble with low durability in FNV