Lets talk about this game

Lets talk about this game.
Post your stories.
I'll start.

>Boot up my first game of stellaris
>decide to make a race of essentially space skaven, short lived, disgusting rats hailing from a tomb world, that hate everybody besides themselves and live in an oligarchical, authoritarian dystopia.
>Spend the early game fanatically surveying the neighboring systems for shit to scan and study, but quickly realize that I am unfortunately surrounded by filthy aliens on all sides.
>to my galactic east lies a xenophobic fanatical isolationalist fallen empire, to my galactic south bunch of piratical bird people with super strong fleets, to my west a bunch of fungus people and to my north nothing, because all the hyper space links to north go either trough east of me or west of me.
>The fungus faggots, quickly became my main rivals, and I spend most of the early game waging wars against them, tearing apart their empire and pawing my way to the galactic north for more living space for my rat people.
>End up eventually just outpasing the fungus guys by repeatedly trashing them, and eventually just vassalise most of what remains of their "empire", and keeping them as slaves on their tundra planets where my rat folk can't live on.
>During this time however, my science rats were up to all kinds of shenanigans, involving, but not limited to studying black holes that whispered to them, studying one of my colonies which had some weird alien duplicant shit going on, and experimenting with the genetic code of my ratfolk.
>All of these things end up more or less in a disaster, though I still manage to survive.
>The black hole studying ended up leading some sort of dimensional monster into my home system which I only barely defeated, the duplicant shit resulted in an exterminatus on an entire colony, and the genetic experiments led to the release of a retrovirus that turned my ratmen into some sort of weird goat people but enhanced their intelligence in the process.

Attached: stellaris.jpg (329x153, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/x0SZQ1E
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819148835
realspacemod.website
youtu.be/xtODi45PQDM
youtube.com/watch?v=7YGXDYWCyoY
youtube.com/watch?v=xRtcZxzBrdg&list=PL-ohVx1aFXKFMJXx6XyxU3_zfC4cyMEJY&index=3
nexusmods.com/stellaris/mods/11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Overall, my rat/goatfolk have become relatively powerful, as I have opportunistically conquered territory from my neighbors in the north and enslaved their people.
My major concern however remains the maraudering bird faggots to my south and the fallen empire to my east.

damn that sound like a kino playthrough. I wish I had the creativity to pull of something similar. I'm planning on making a synthetic race tasked with evacuating their creators from a dying planet.

Ruined by updates

It has been fun thus far.
I am not that familiar with the game mechanics yet so I have just stumbled onto much of the shit I described above.

Such as?

you really think contrarians possess the ability to back up their opinions?

Well, as I haven't played the vanilla game, I genuinely do not know how much the game has changed due to the updates.

I've been playing 2.3 for a while now and I'm almost surprised to say, I would say Stellaris with expansions has finally managed to reach status of being "good". The core mechanics are now generally sound, it's beginning to feel complete without any "obvious" features missing (while at launch it was missing all sorts of features from trade to turning your species into cyborgs), advancements in the game feel like actual progress (contrary to T1 weapons on corvettes being optimal, that sort of thing) and there's actually a lot of things to do in the midgame now.

My main complaints now are lacking lategame (the AI simply can't keep up so the game feels pointless after a certain point even if there was endgame stuff like crisis left to do), some questionable balance decisions (half of the ascension perks are virtually useless), too many builds play identically with only marginal differences in modifiers they get, and at the end of the day I would have preferred a more simulation-esque take on the game, but ultimately I'm generally happy about the state of the game as it is now.

>Invade alien species
>Take planet
>Make food of bird aliens
>This was an agri world
>They now suffer a shortage of food
>Sell them excess food for almost nothing
>They have no idea

Attached: Dense.png (680x499, 1.4M)

I wish that there was some way to play as a Goa'Uld kind of parasitical slaver race.

I'm not a fan of the new planet economy. its really frustrating to have a new building slot open up, but then not build on it because I dont have the pop to work it (or the materials to keep the supply chain balanced). I realize the previous "tile" system had this same problem, but it was much easier to understand with the visual layout, versus now workers/housing it just a tiny number.

I love how evil you can be in this game.
When you unlock the genetic engineering techs a whole world of unethical decisions opens up for you.
Such as genetically engineering a perfect slave race out of the citizens of the worlds you conquered from your neighbors.

Here's my story
>start the game
>wtf is this
>where's my planet screen?
>remember how amazing MoO2 was
>uninstall Stellaris
>install MoO2

Attached: master_of_orion_12_gog_8.jpg (709x517, 68K)

Basically, there's no original game systems left. Planet management, economy, combat, technology - everything has been replaced in patches that have accompanied the DLCs.

How does the new stuff differ from the old?

>combat
>tech
>replaced
more or less exactly the same

How do you turn populations into food?

movement is forced to lanes mode now. military ships cant move into a system until your scientist has explored it (no more corvette scouting early game). economy is drastically different now. minerals need to be forged to alloys to make ships. planet view looks completely different. the flat planet limit has been replaced with a more granular point system called "empire sprawl" which increases your tech costs as you build more systems (there's also auto-sectors now). lots of other stuff too I'm not remembering I'm sure.

Wait, movement wasn't based on lanes at the beginning?

there was warp, hyperlanes and wormholes, you picked which one you use during empire creation

warp was slower but let you go pretty much anywhere within distance and wormholes needed gates that give warp range but you could build them anywhere, now warp is replaced and wormholes are those gateways scattered through the map

stuff has definitely been improved from 1.0 (tech cost used to depend on your population and number of planets) but aside from technology the game is practically unrecognizable from when it was made, and keeps changing drastically with every update, frustrating long time players who can't get to know the fucking game because everything goes out the window every few months

Holy shit they removed the fast travel options? That fucking sucks.

>select species rights
>turn into livestock
sectors aren't auto anymore, and "empire sprawl" existed before but in a different way
there were 3+1 ways of ftl
1) warp, basically psydrive but without the cooldown and no chance to fuck up
2) hyperdrive, what we have now
3) wormhole, basically warp but you need to connect to a wormhole in order to travel and it had almost double the range
the new system with only hyperdrive is superior in every way except that hyperlanes are static so it's really easy to create chokepoints. if they made it so you could generate new hyperlanes, it would be even better

Well, depends on how you think about it I guess. The fundamental nature of combat - fleets automatically engage hostile fleets and you don't have direct control over the fleet action, hasn't changed. The visualization is also very much the same. However, balance has been thrown on its head several times by now up to and including redefined ship roles, combat resolution is based on statistics that didn't even exist or the functionality of which has been redefined (armor works differently etc), you can choose AI behavior for each ship type, there's new mechanics like ship disengagement, etc.

>Play multiplayer
>Expand
>Find player empire
>Cucks me of expanding
>Warn him about him not letting me go or i will have to attack him
>Another player guarantees him
>Fuck
>Develop a plan
>The other empire can capture and sell slaves
>Tell him i will pay him big for 1 race i want
>Goes to war, i pay him
>Once i can be sure his fleet (which it takes a lot to move) is out of range , i tell this to the other faggot
>"Knee to me faggot, your ally is on a war and will take to much for him to come to save you, you are alone now"
>Faggot agrees
>mfw i am the bad guy

That sounds like an interesting system. Why did they scrap it?

I had fun with it with one full game before the updates ruined everything and I never played it ever again.

What an incompetent dev team.

it made wars boring since any form of defence was impossible

because wormholes were OP and there's no reason to build defenses if everyone can just bypass them

because they were balanced like shit, fighting someone with wormholes if you were warp was fucking miserable and none of it matters anyway once you get jump drives

I see your point.

Are there any mods that make the AI more erratic?

I don't like that the difficulty modes just give the AI more bonuses. I want more variation in actions.

Are there any mods that add warp back into the game? I don't think it ruins strategic play, I think it just demands a different strategy to hyperlanes.

I fucking miss battleship squads with one of each aura loadout, they've been shittier pricer cruisers ever since

Mid/lategame tech includes creation of gateways and jump drive (has a cooldown but works the way warp used to, allowing you to skip lanes). So the old options are still there, sort of, in a different form.

Personally, my preferred movement system was warp, but I see where the devs are coming from: waging war without clear frontlines is just fucking appalling and renders many other game systems (like static defenses) basically moot. It's one of those things where the original idea was conceptually compelling but execution sucked hard.

>space skaven
Based and redpilled as fuck
WHY AREN'T THEY IN 40K ALREADY?!
>MUH TYRANIDS
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Attached: 5j6k6v39oja11.png (1077x1440, 2.01M)

I don't get this argument. Surely when you're playing warp, defence becomes a matter of working out which system are acceptable losses and which aren't, and fortifying accordingly?

I think it adds an interesting dimension that emphasises that space warfare doesn't have a similar geography to ground warfare.

Of course, I play with a fair amount of mods, including some that add various planetary and system defences, so I wouldn't be surprised if the base game doesn't have much in the way of defences beyond the starbases and fleets.

Are they? I thought cruisers are the ship type that's generally considered the weakest in current meta.

warp wasn't the problem its wormholes, after tech that increases their range you can clear a retarded distance with them and just vault over half of someone's border and fuck about in the middle of their territory, and if they might be getting close you just fucking teleport back home no problem

The way I see it only way to make defenses viable if front lines can be just bypassed is by making them super fucking powerful yet also quite cheap, which in turn negates the point of even trying to bypass the front line in the first place.

I always thought destroyers are the worst kind. Cruisers are nice because they get two A slots.

That feeling when you see your primitive species reach space and through your expert guidance and focus on science above all else you achieve immortality along with the rest of your race. You seize control of the galaxy. Rescuing it from not only from itself, but from the the other-dimensional threat trying to eat all life in the universe.

Attached: Stellaris.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Was hivemind/hunger a mistake for first time playthrough? I always enjoy the LIVE FOR THE SWARM type civs/races but the midgame doesn't seem to have anything to do besides save up for hive world terraforming, and my empire is so big that it's a fucking nightmare keeping it all in check. The only techs left to research seem to be incremental increases in numbers, I've maxed out unity, and the only thing left to do seems to be fuck around slowly building up an army big enough to kill everyone, but the thought of stretching my borders even farther beyond 1 billion% over admin capacity hurts my soul.

L-gate is midgame, sometimes you get a crisis. What year are you at?

The only thing left to overhaul is diplomacy, which probably will be the next big DLC. Not sure they will do after that with the game.

>mfw a "Alien co-existence movement" pops up as a faction in my empire.

The only good xeno is a dead one.

Attached: Hitler nope.gif (149x181, 836K)

From the tests I've seen, destroyers perform their designated job of countering corvettes very well, and I guess they're a good way to get point defense.

i hate when those movements appear
they make my pops unhappy

Don't remember exactly, 24/2500? I remember stretching out the numbers when making the game because I like long games, but now I see that was a mistake.

Should one us the autodesign or design the ships oneself?

Its a cool system, but the current game has the exact same thing, you can go mega-structures and get gates, you can get jump tech as well.

Just saw
If you jump your fleet damage is reduced by 50% until you get jump back which is around 200+ days.

No.
Space rats are food for the master species.
On that note, Stellaris needs an endgame objective to research and build an intergalactic vessel, unlocking an advanced game start where (You) are the extragalactic invader.

Attached: nid.jpg (1107x1024, 243K)

What's the most evil, depraved thing you have done in stellaris?

always do it yourself

no, you make ftl inhibitors work on a sector basis, so you need to take out the ftl inhibitor in system A if you want to hit the adjacent systems B, C and D. it's basically the exact same way castles work in eu4

I don't really understand what weapons I should use tho.

yeah that's endgame, soon a crisis should start.

around 2420ish sometimes before sometimes after. If you already defeated it, nothing to really do until it hits 2500 and you win the game.

I own this game. I actually got all the expansions too. But every time I've played, I can't seem to do anything fast enough and I end up losing shit to pirates and being generally unable to continue.

I've heard the in-game tutorial blows.

How do I play Stellaris?

That would work pretty well I guess.

got kinda sick of basically playing glorified early access every update because the 10 man code team can't bugtest on their own
2.2 was particularly atrocious

Attached: 1504495293560.png (549x413, 171K)

You lose to pirates? Wowwwwwwwwww

turn off marauders they're fucking stupid, pirates are shit now because it's much easier to build up a standing fleet in the earlygame so by the time they appear you can just shit on them right away

Xeno-Compatibility

Stellaris is first and foremost, a game about managing your economy and not stretching yourself too thin. The ingame tutorial sucks dick, and I suggest you watch a couple of tutorials on jewtube as they explain the game's systems far better.

The first priority in early game is sending out science ships to explore the space around you so you can get delicious anomalies etc, and securing basic mineral and energy resources.

>Try and be economically powerful and avoid war until later
>Divine empire, one of the strongest empires excluding the fallen empires
>Was preparing to head to war against the Nations of Earth since they hate my undemocratic ways
>FUCKING WAR IN HEAVEN BREAKS OUT
>Earth immediately becomes my ally in a federation since we were the only empires apart from my vassals that decided not to be pussies and remained independent
>one of the xenophobic fallen empires is my next door neighbor and starts invading
>start a massive economic golden age using edicts and a continuous series of wars of vassalization and the endgame crisis appear, all on top of the war in heaven
>200 years later and I almost single-handedly raped the contingency to death and blew up the homeworlds of the fallen empires
>entire native population are powerful psychic elves that can summon entities from the void
>strongest power in the galaxy with half of the empires being my vassals with an immortal 400 year old psychic god emperor at the helm
>tfw did all of it because they just wouldn't leave me the fuck alone

There's so much going on a stellaris playthrough that you could turn into a Sci-Fi saga

well the weapons tell you what they do. some are good against shields, others against armor, others ignore either armor or shields or both. they have different range, fire-rate and damage. Just choose what you like, but torpedo/missile corvettes are always a good start

Attached: absolutely disgusting adolf.jpg (500x600, 71K)

Slave empires are my favorite to play.

Attached: 1555377069843.jpg (376x629, 66K)

>its the tyranids spawn right on top of your core system episode

Attached: 1560800504134.png (884x874, 714K)

there are tonnes of ways to improve the game
>ship specialities, ie not just 5 different ship sizes that perform the same job
>private sector economics, ie factions that have an actual impact on how the game is played
>interplanetary shipping, ie npc ships that travel between systems and/or planets
the ground work for the last one is sort of there, now with the new pirate mechanics and patrolling. it would probably take a heavy toll on your gpu though

>mfw I didn't realize what marauders were until a khan appeared and raped my asshole with a 20k fleet out of nowhere.

Attached: Well, I guess that's that.png (800x311, 188K)

People don't need to watch the tutorials, it was fun just playing for me. Learned something every game.

What did you think AdMech is hiding under those robes, user?

Getting raped by a surprise marauder fleet was not fun.
t.

>Declare war and AI instantly surrenders and due to shitty war system you HAVE to peace for 10 years
>All factions are literally the same, same buildings, same ships, same tech
>Devouring swarm still don't have their own unique ships and base building mechanics
>Robots still don't have their own unique ships and base building mechanics
>Had to rework the game because bads kept crying when they got rushed on Multiplayer

Vanilla was okay, but for a game that's about conquering other aliens N shit, it's not that creative. all Empires are just the same but with a different looking ass bug or bird as their race picture

>tfw khan marauders unify and expand but don't colonize
>the khan dies and the entire empire goes to shit
>tfw the entire empire disappears overnight and no traces of them remain, not even space stations

Is that supposed to happen?

>started out as egalitarian xenophiles
>many pops started immigrating cause i had gaia worlds n shit
>home planet less than 60% native
>other planets 70-90% native
>other pops have the repugnant trait
>my pops start getting xenophobic
>as time goes relationsship with the empires of the foreign pops worsen
>autoritharian and xenophobe parties now biggest
>flip to dictatorship and embrace xenophobia
>slavery and purges allowed
>one planet turned to crime planet. named it australia
it's great

You learned to build a fleet that game :)

Attached: Gamblemeow.gif (500x278, 1.47M)

the biggest problem with paradox games(apart from the fact that they eventually end up costing a billion trillion dollaridoos) is that they can change so much that the tutorial is for a different game. ie you shouldn't play the tutorial, watch some LP instead

>play as mega-immigration democracy
>pick xeno-compatibility
>look at species list a little later
jesus FUCK i regret my decision this is an eyesore

Attached: 1560923023132.jpg (601x597, 51K)

Absolutely. Marauders are a bunch of idiots high on space fumes - the moment the Big Booty Queen Bitch that keeps them in line dies, they start falling apart in short order.

This sounds amazing. Done with this shit, give us our homeworld back.

no you just learn to restart if you spawn near one

at least it's not their first inception where they were just a little ball of fuck you that was always hostile to everyone and destroyed any station between them and whoever they were supposed to be attacking

Hello, please name me a reason to reinstall this game again. Thank you.

t. stopped playing after Megacorp came out

>tfw the robot fallen empire that helps you out during the contingency then disappears afterward
>tfw named one of the ring world segments that they left behind "Roboto"

Attached: ozon.jpg (680x698, 37K)

yeah it's space mongol empire user
when space genghis dies everything splinters and goes to shit, honestly pretty neat desu

>Start up new game
>Handcraft new race
>Get to midgame and get bored
>Restart a week later maybe

I've never bothered to finish.

I had a fleet.
It was busy fighting wars elsewhere, until out of nowhere those fucking space mongols invaded my core space and tore it apart.

>look at the population demographics of United Nations of Earth after I vassalized them
>mfw humans are a minority

Attached: NEVER.png (327x316, 208K)

Really makes ya think doesn't it?

Attached: thinking intensifies.gif (235x256, 174K)

when i clicked on the reform button for dictatorship man... best feeling ever
also follow up:
>had like 5 different species
>the good ones were domestic servitude and entertainers (lucky)
>most were chattel and working in mines
>the fucking rebel species got purged right away (the repugnant ones) ugly fuckers
goal was that my homeworld was back to 100% native again

>Capture few planets from a fanatic egalitarian xenophile empire
>Can't really hold them for long since they are in an awkward spot
>Sure can genetically modify the local populace though
>Send everyone to the genelabs
>Remove every single positive trait from them
>Start adding negative traits one after another
>Turn them into complete genetic dead ends
>They are awful in every aspect but holy shit can they breed fast now
>Said empire declares war on me again, intentionally lose those planets
>The trap has been sprung
>The genetically engineered 56% start emigrating and multiplying across their empire over the years
>New planets are more often populated with worthless decadent masses than useful workers
>Leaders are replaced with double digit IQ monkeys
>Debuffs for days
>Completely roll over them years later without a single problem
>Turn entire non-modified population into foodstock
>Turn the 56% into useful mining drones

Attached: 1550972132964.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

I think they should overhaul rebellions. They're too weak and simple right now. There needs to be different reasons and event chains. Monarchic empires should be able to experience succession wars. Corporate factions should be able to rise in power and offer to buy planets from unhappy residents, making them a full fledged megacorp.

The only acceptable way to play as humans is to go full Imperium of Man and purge the galaxy from the taint of the Xenos filth.

Attached: God emperor Carl.jpg (600x1334, 156K)

yeah it's fucking nuts, even if you don't do it, at some point the species list gets really fucking obtuse with tons of sub-species with one pop lags out when I try to scroll through it

if you didn't like megacorp you won't like the game now, all that has changed is archaeology and relics

Straight up devilish.

Attached: devilish pepe.jpg (600x760, 59K)

well they were fanatic egalitarian xenophiles. they had it coming

Wow , so this is how you become a jew

>find earth as a pre-spaceflight civilization
>send in my armies to invade & conquer the pathetic human race
>my species are brood parasites, so I immediately get to work on enslaving & impregnating humanity with my alien spawn
>humanity is reduced to seedbeds, onaholes, and cheap labor for their horse-dicked alien masters
Mods are great.

Attached: 1457753196519.png (500x500, 346K)

That's what you get for making Space Murrica, you fucking racemixer.

>Current game.
>Decide to play with my Space NATO empire
>Using custom civilizations so I already know who I can encounter.
>Most of my neighbors are pretty cool, the megacorporation run by rat people even agrees to a defensive pact.
>A few decades in the space elves take a system that I was about to claim.
>AHHELLNAH.jpg
>Quickly build up my military and declare war.
>My space NATO humans absolutely destroy the space elves who should be way smarter stronger than us.
>End up taking one of their planets so now some of their people are mine.
>Over the next few decades I slowly conquer their empire.
>While this was happening I got even more aliens through immigration and refugees.
>Decide to go full xenophile and take the xenocompatability perk.
>Psionic tech spawns early so I decide to go for psychic ascension.
>At this point my empire's like a weird hyper militant mix of the Federation from Star Trek and the Republic from Star Wars.
>In order to expand I have to genocide the Devouring Swarm to the north and vassalize the imperialist squid people to the south.
>Pretty sure I'm still not totally evil yet.
>Realize the galaxy is now spit into three major powers. Myself, and two A.I made federations. Decide not the join the friendly federation because federations are terrible.

Attached: 20190617003313_1.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

Link to brood parasite mod?

Is this the design of your space vessels?

Attached: Jew ship.jpg (307x164, 7K)

>be a clan of ultrastrong dragon chads
>crime rate rises thanks to corporate operations
>sell all criminals on the slave market
>slaves overthrow an entire planet in my rival's empire

Attached: 1515872078225.jpg (330x264, 20K)

>Build race of chill religious dogmen
>Basically samurai
>Explore and learn, one day we will encounter the perfect adversary
>Home system is attacked by a race of robots looking to purge all life
>By Dog Buddah and Allah this cannot stand
>Rush back home and they have retreated to their space through a wormhole
>Very well, we must seek the teachings of the wise masters before us...
>Begin repairs on an old dialectal sentry array
>Our eyes will be the eyes that see past heaven
>I have spotted them on the other side of the galaxy, they are locked in battle with an insectoid devouring swarm
>this is why most of the map has been quiet it seems, they advanced quickly and exterminated all others
>Form an alliance with a small human empire, together we pool our resources together for a sizable fleet
>Silence again as we continue our investigations... we find another tool of the anchients, a strange clock... perhaps some things are better left untouched
>Heresy as citizens demand AI and tech worship
>The humans are acting strange now... an alert
>They have developed an AI that has gone rogue, suddenly vast swaths of the galaxy have been carved out by the AI menace
>Reach out to our gods and they award us a blessing. An avatar...
>Beat the hordes back, but the AI menace crushes us as we look to shut down their hiveworld, the avatar is lost.
>We know what we must do...
>We burn as bright as the sun, rallying the remaining humans and our forces to amass an army and together we not only decimate the remnants of the swarm, but beat back the rouge AI and the Killbots
>Then a great silence. We are gone
>The shroud has come to collect its toll and though we where a people of little, it's wrath is endless
>The End crashes against the remnants of the AI who manage to severely weaken it
>The human fleet arrives and manages to dispatch both it and the remaining AI with some of our assistance
>The galaxy is a cold place now, but a flame still flickers, an Eden beneath the nanite dust...

>Not searching the vast depths of space for wealth, adventure, and new species of sexy cat ladies to man your ships and be your paramours
I've got my Warrant of Trade, I do what I want.

Attached: Carlos_McConnell_Rogue_Trader.jpg (600x790, 66K)

Sounds good to me. Almost like mine.

Attached: 1560545603937[1].jpg (1049x764, 219K)

Lustful Void, it's on Lovers Lab.

I AM GONNA NEED A NAME OF THA MOD user

>seize planets from a bunch of fanatic purifiers
>they're given permanently to me since "end threat" war goal
>they're all incredibly impoverished because the AI spends all the shit on military
>have to displace a bunch of the species since they're causing shit by being repugnant
>suddenly the entire galaxy hates me for being """"genocidal""""

Empires overreact so much to genocide, if you go on displacing for a while you can easily rack up enough negative reputation to last CENTURIES. It took us less than a century to get off Germany's ass for the holocaust why would a random empire be pissed at us for 600 years for booting some fuckers off a planet

Fucking hell,

>capture xenos on a planet i captured
>keep enough to work the mines and slap the rest on the slave market to see what happens
>check the slave market later
>most of them are currently being turned into onions green in another xenophobe empire
outsourced purging? neat

Attached: 1559774548457.jpg (780x796, 95K)

>Instead I just declare war on the Marauders because I'm finally equal to them in fleet power and they're a bunch of filthy space barbarians.
>This turned out to be a bad idea because they had way more ships than I thought and I end up accidentally creating the The Great Khan.
>They're defeated and vassalized after a few years but not before they conquer a few planets.
>This was the start of me becoming an evil empire because over the next century I accidentally released the grey tempest, conquered several empires that were totally justified in fighting against me, destroyed an entire fallen empire for their technology, nearly destroyed one of the two galactic federations, used a colossus to wipe out several planets, made everyone who wasn't one of my vassals close their borders to me, cause the xenophile fallen empire to declare war on me, and possibly be the reason that the unbidden invaded the galaxy.
>Also the only reason my empire hasn't fallen apart is because everyone has utopian abundance and lives on a heavily developed gaia world. While the military consists almost entirely of robots and clones with only a few psychic commanders who control everything. But even with all that I'm still experiencing frequent rebellions.

Op here. How in the FUCK do I get rid of these god damn space bird mongols in this circle?
Their entire corner of space not only has blocked me from expanding south since the start of my game, but also forms a constant threat to my borders as at any moment, they could just unify attack me. I got better shit to do than just standing on endless vigil over a bunch of barbarian chickens.

Attached: nimetön.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

do you not have jump drive? Just use that

>start game as a omnicompatible breeder species of kemono friends
>my species extreme sexual compatibility has me producing tons of subspecies with every other race I meet
>this genetic lottery occasionally ends up with undesirable traits and anti-government, anti-establishment thoughts
>exile said undesirables to a desert planet that's only 20% habitable
>after dozens of years of suffering and low stability, they gene mod themselves illegally and start committing acts of terrorism against their ordinary kemono administrators
>they upgrade their innate high breeding rates, install cybernetics, declare themselves the superior, "high" race and soon are almost half of my population despite being on only one planet
>after ~100 years of escalating terrorism they now control the planet and break off from my empire
>immediately conquer them and forcibly gene mod them into masochistic huge tiddy sex slaves
and then i got conquered by the hive mind that had turned half the galaxy into its brood wombs

Attached: the face of racial terrorism.jpg (1124x659, 193K)

Are they a marauder empire? If so, you're just gonna have to wait till you've got a strong enough fleet to beat them.

you can just jump to the uncharted sector and start colonizing

this game looks fun but complex, is it turn based or RTS? how long could a game last? and are the mechanics easy to understand?

Mods?

>get The Herald literally 10 years into the game
>vassalize my immediate neighbors with my new Titan
>lose interest in the game and reroll

Is there a mod to disable this fucking thing?

That reminds me of the time a neighbor civilization asked me to join in their war against my rival, which I proceeded to steamroll and captured the majority of their planets. When the war was done, my neighbor started acting uppity and sending me insults and putting claims over systems I ALREADY CLAIMED FIRST. It’s no surprise what happened next considering that they were trying to sabotage my relationship with a nearby machine empire by cockblocking me at a chokepoint and trying to claim my systems that connected to it.

Attached: F943E96D-C5AE-4AD4-8338-1FB779A137EE.png (1200x1200, 652K)

loverslab

imgur.com/a/x0SZQ1E for screenshots NSFW

I don't.
I dunno if I am lagging behind in tech or not. This again, is my first time playing this game.

Attached: nimetön.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

It's 4x grand strategy, it's real time and you can pause to issue commands and other shit. It's easily the easiest strategy game to grasp out of the EU4, CK2 and HOI4 paradox strategy crowd

They aren't an empire. They are just a bunch of dick ass mercenary barbarians with strong fleets and space stations that occasionally demand tribute. I would have wiped them out ages ago if I had the fleet power to do so but all their ship and space stations combined are like 50k or something fleet power. It's fucking crazy.

I preferred Warp for general play and wormholes for RP empires
I always fucking hated hyperlanes in every situation and I'm pissed they're the only option now
How the fuck can you not just pick a direction in space and go? Why is there only one path between some stars? Fucking stupid

>start my first game as the UN
>the empire right next to me is also democratic but they hate aliens
>invade and take the system they have right next to sol
>it has an already colonized planet, plus two more that I immediately colonize
>despite our governments hating each other, I make the aliens full citizens with equal rights
>with them, and this other democratic empire that eventually ends up conquering them, I have enough immigrants so that humans and the other two races are more or less equal in my society, including a president of several terms that's from the other race
>unclaimed systems start running out, use the open borders to send an expedition to colonize one of the remaining clusters at the edge of the galaxy, forming an exclave
>there are some pacifistic mushroom-spiders there in a renaissance age, who I enlighten, leaving a good amount of the cluster's systems open to them to colonize
>they all have stupid-ass names like pic related
>prethoryn scourge invades, the "regulator" fallen empire awakens and holds them back - the most powerful regular empire (in whose space they spawn) wastes most of their navy and blows away a few scourge broods at catastrophic cost, including one fleet made of 100+ corvettes that gets obliterated
>the other fallen empire, the xenophile "preserver" one made of a bunch of cybernetic lobster people, awakens joins my federation and we go to war with the Commonwealth of Man, raping them
>freed the spider fungos at some point, and they expand into the empty cluster and start invading the Commonwealth's only ally
Still ongoing.

Attached: dibber.png (405x391, 239K)

eh... i think i am gonna pass for now
thanks anyways

When is the fucking diplomacy update coming? The game is constantly changing with each update, but they're just padding the game out with menial shit and changing existing mechanics which no one even asked for.

Playtimes are getting longer, war is the only valid option at the present time, mid-game is still a slog and the devs are wondering why players are getting so fucking bored with the game.

ur loss

I certainly didn't hate it, just the new growth/migration system pissed me off, you had zero control over which species lives on which world, micromanaging jobs and planets became nearly impossible.

I've read in devlogs that they rebalanced the growth of xeno species few updates ago, how true is this?

One of the things I miss most is multi-empire systems
was pretty neat to create true border systems like that

Mostly lewd void and sexy xenos found on loverslab. More events mod for the rebellion. Kemono species is on steam.

Those are old screenshots of an older mod.

Ok niggers , what if we just play a match?

Attached: 1506776640251.gif (317x237, 1.06M)

>be me
>not you
>roll egalitarian materialist
>starting scientist has psionic theory as her expertise
>wut
>eventually unlock psionic branch
>playing tall so unlock tech and traditions early
>starting ruler becomes immortal after gaining The Chosen One trait
>niggas want him to be god emperor
>decline and remain chancellor who gets elected every time anyway
>tfw fighting religious fallen empire armies with synthetics and not-jedi armies

Great minds think alike

Attached: 1560652093168[1].png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

wait until you're strong enough
pray they don't get the great Khan event

if they do they spawn multiple 25k fleets and go absolute batshit on everyone around them with their god tier "great khan" leader, this event can happen as early as 2300 on default settings

The long con.

Attached: 1539929640523.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

That might be fun. Stick Yea Forums in a galaxy together and see if anything survives.

I always played with hyperlanes before 2.0 but I'm sad to see the others go. Hyperlanes make space feel smaller.

Only real men play Fanatic Pacifist empires. Conquering your neighbors' systems to expand your territory is easymode, working with what you got is the chad playstyle.

facts

This is the biggest problem with Stellaris as it currently stands. You need to babysit your planets and resource income/expense ratios if you want to play optimally, and it's a repetitive pain in the ass with basically no important or interesting decisions involved -- you specialise a planet, and then it becomes a one-dimensional nonentity to occasionally return back to and click a button as it grows in pops and building slots. You can be lazy about it, but that brings up the other issue that there's not really anything to do in peace outside of fiddling with your planets; yeah, leave management to the AI once you get sick of the core loop and just wait for interesting things to happen, but of course the governor AI is disgustingly inefficient (not that that matters once you get big enough if you're playing against AIs). Eventually, once you start conquering other empires and building habitats, you end up with dozens and dozens of fucking planets to manage in a mechanical game design space that combines the worst aspects of pop-up/alert clicker mobile phone games and supply chain management, and so regardless you end up leaving most of the mind-numbing nonsense that is planet management to the AI in exasperation. This problem was present in the planet-tiles version of planet management, too, but at least in that version planets would eventually become basically "finished" at some point instead of an endless drain on your attention and patience, and of course once your empire got rich enough you could just pre-build on all the tiles of that newly-built habitat or newly-conquered planet and never need to worry about it again. Not great, but reasonably functional and most importantly scalable, without any need to rely on AI governors -- god help you if you decide to try and do the same in the current iteration of Stellaris once you really start getting up there in planets and population.

But, well, at least there's mods.

sometimes you just want to play as a ravenous hunger and eat the galaxy

could i play this game passively? as in i can play this and listen/watch a podcast at the same time?

I want to not be a dick but I also want to keep alien pops out of my planets. Is the only way to be friendly robots?

I know, it happened to me once already and I had to savescum to save my ratmen from becoming chicken food.
I have a space fortress with max defense platforms and a maxed out fleet at their border just in case if those chickens try to invade me this time.

Totally. It's kind of a slow burn, not much need for ten thousand input commands per three minutes.

Anyone else think that planets are a bit to generic?
Would love if each planet had it's own small wiki page containing things like atmospheric composition, gravity, temperature, type of life-forms etc
Nothing to much just enough to differentiate planets

I thought I could be nice to some colonies.
200 years later and I transformed into the Imperium of Man genociding all non-humans

And I call them chickens despite them looking more like peacocks.

Attached: Sieppaa.png (1057x591, 1.03M)

Yes, absolutely. Sound cues are minimal once you learn the UI, which granted is fucking huge. But you spend most of the game either on pause, slowmo, or super fast (to speed up exploration)

Absolutely yes, it's an excellent candidate for that sort of thing.

space forts are kind of wasted effort, they just dogpile it and take it over
you just gotta be strong enough, current game I wiped out the 2 raidings near me by 2270
fuckers had the balls to try and raid a planet of killer robots

Sometimes you just want to fight wars until you're ready to face the galactic threat you're prophesied to destroy.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Well fug. I have invested a ton of resources into space forts.

Xenophobe ethics, don't form migration treaties (most of the time these aren't worth the influence even in xenophilic playstyles anyway), purge any conquered planets.

I'm making a Yea Forums empire of rogue servitors that 3D print their waifus and faggot husbandos for worshiping

give me names/suggestions for things and I'll change them if they're funny enough

Attached: v.jpg (1069x779, 184K)

lastly is it worth a buy?

>mfw have immortal divine psionic emperor that's 500 years old

how can soulless materialists even compete?

Attached: 1526180107785.png (225x233, 135K)

what if there are 2 galactic threats?
Current galaxy is split halfway between my ravenous hunger fungi and the prethoryn
only sapient life left is hiding on the refuge ringworld

buy it and steal all the DLC

Get it on sale, it's a victim of DLC cancer like other paradox titles.

That's positively maniacal. I love it.

Some hippie shits I couldn't reach kept annoying me for trade deals so I gave them a world far away from their main cluster, but right up against a xenophobic ancient empire. The hippies went extinct within 50 years.

Best boys, you did good son.

Attached: 1557635472725.jpg (1638x2048, 843K)

buy it on sale so wait for 6 days more - Steam sale

might be cool, but I haven't played since planets were 10-25s instead of whatever they are now

at least against great khan fleets they're sort of okay, but once you get into a fight with someone who has titans (which by now someone should given your galaxy age) they just blow up all the space station defenses from range with the predition beam

>start a new game for the first time in a long while.
>To the north I got fanatic purifiers and honourbound warriors.
>Also a pacificst crime syndicate that keeps selling drugs to my pops.
>To the south I got two different hegemonic imperialists
>To the east I got marauders, behind them there is fanatic purifier hivemind
>To the west a enigmatic observers fanatic xenophiles fallen empire that cockblock me from reaching my precursor system.
>I'm a Spiritualist Authoritiarian Militarist out to convert the galaxy
My oh my, what a lovely galatic neighbourhood we got here. There can only be one but who ever wins we can all promise that the other side of the galaxy will get fucked to death.

Attached: 1528415745350.png (569x802, 530K)

>not displacing them and turning them into a problem for every single xenophile empire in the galaxy

which was my point, the lack of hyperlane mapping makes the game a lot more boring than it should be

The games yes but the dlc is maximum overjewry, I'm not even a pirate fag and I'd advocate waiting for a deep sale or pirating

I strongly disagree. You're not going to compete with a much stronger empire using just starbases, but they have a MUCH better alloy to firepower ratio than ships. Not only that, but a big ol' bastion on a chokepoint will dissuade militarist empires from going to war with you. They're for defensive and/or pacifist empires, and they're very good at what they do in that regard.

Then we'll have to fight twice as many wars to be twice as ready. That's Kilrathi Math 101.

Attached: 13-02a_13.png (640x480, 38K)

>using fear against a hivemind
maybe rethink that strategy

You can, it has fucking incredible music though.

Attached: 1533075662820.jpg (540x778, 371K)

so base game GOOD and dlcs BAD

How should you design your corvettes?
The autodesign tries force point defense and energy siphon memes on me.

Has anyone tried the StarNet AI mod? It's pretty fun, it makes the game challenging.

The most frustrating thing about vanilla Stellaris is just how *easy* it is, even on the maximum difficult setting. The AI just doesn't know how to play the game with the new economy system, and is way too passive about existential threats. I wish the AI would band up against me if I start expanding too fast, particularly if I'm playing a horrible genocidal hive empire.

Yeah, no meming the music is actually quite impressive, way too good for a jank ass paradox game. Its synth heavy and reminds me of mass effect before, yknow. EA.

the starbase firepower is deceptive as their defense stations have shit for hull and no evasion
as a result they are vulnerable to L, X and T weapons which can and will wipe them out from beyond their range

the DLCs range from good to bad but the base game will be missing a lot without them, and it's expensive to buy them all, so the ideal would be to buy the base to not deal with cracks and updates constantly and use creamapi or something to get it all for free

Even if you become a vassal to another empire you can just bide time and then annihilate them from within while they are at war with another empire.

Attached: 1543109396428.jpg (591x591, 61K)

>Listen to Isaac Arthur whilst playing for that futuristic feel
>He already puts stellaris music in background to his vids.

Attached: 1475421884412.jpg (761x568, 161K)

The dlcs are good just over fucking priced

My proud goatmen will never be slaves to filthy aliens.

You've got a few options there
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819148835
realspacemod.website

I would like an in-game wiki though. I'd like to be able to look back at the history of the galaxy I'm playing.

You only really want to invest in a space fort if its in a really good choke point.

Attached: 1560210722022.png (707x1000, 670K)

especially now that tiles are gone and you can do more abstraction

You did something about the squishies right Yea Forums?

Attached: nefarious.jpg (268x268, 24K)

Autocannon + 2 Plasma, 3 armor, and afterburners
Autocannon + missile is theoretically more dps and can be a good build endgame, but early game missiles get countered hard by PD

Yes, they're not an unbreakable defense, and the whole point of large ships is to take out starbases. Rock doesn't suck because paper beats it, because rock can still beat scissors.
Also note that I never tried to imply that someone could just build starbases and completely neglect their navy. Naval management is just as important (if not more so) in defensive playstyles, it's just that bastions let you get away with a smaller portion of your pops making alloys.

One of the proposed (non-FTL) ways for interstellar travel is to secure lanes off any debris past a certain size (after all, even a pebble hits hard if your ship is moving at relativistic speeds) and place fusion-powered stations on the way such that they can be used to accelerate or decelerate ships equipped with solar sails. This way ships wouldn't have to be equipped with outrageous forward shielding or carry much fuel (both being excess mass that would have to be accelerated and then decelerated), enabling faster or more efficient travel once the infrastructure is in place.

Whether that has anything to do with Stellaris' FTL starlanes is probably a no, but some kind of lanes between star systems might make sense.

I have only put them in choke points.
I fucking hate those birdniggers because they have been a roadblock for me since the beginning.

All of that purple space to the north east of me could have been mine if not for those fucking birds.

Attached: nimetön.png (1920x1080, 2.66M)

mfw he doesnt play based space elves

Attached: mfw.png (380x500, 163K)

No, they're good, but there's just a metric shit-ton.

I bought most of them, but as they came out. If you're joining at this point, just follow standard Paradox operating procedure and pirate the DLCs.

just so you know, if you are not able to deal with them right now you are sort of doing it wrong,
in 50 years the engame crisis can appear and they have 30 times their firepower

Space forts are basically done for if you just clear a system for a jump drive and hold it for long enough until the jump debuff goes away

Get triggered
youtu.be/xtODi45PQDM

>Not playing as Mushrooms

Attached: da1436f1a3a19caa0e9ad3dce1db0c97.jpg (430x470, 24K)

>conquers your worlds and turns them into machines
psssh... nothin peronnel... kid...

>Try new expansion
>Start expanding
>My small outpost on the edge of my territory eventually gets sandwiched between the robot mafia and a squid people dystopian megacorp
>Ok whatever
>They start having trade wars with each other around my territory
>Start flooding it with drugs and shit
>My normally chill democratic xenophile populace is so pissed off with these two chucklefucks a xenophobic party takes massive gains
>Democracy dies
>Full on Hitlarian dictatorship
>Launch a genocide on both of them to the explosive applause of my populace all because they got sick of Joltmal and Tyrse Tentacles pushing space crack

10/10 game
it was ok

>not playing fair and balanced space elves instead

Attached: elves.png (474x496, 287K)

The game tries to give me this sort of meme designs for my ships. Ever since I researched those energy leech weapons the autodesign has been spamming them everywhere.

Attached: Sieppaa.png (587x533, 421K)

Post favourite track lads
youtube.com/watch?v=7YGXDYWCyoY

This is my first game.

>the DLCs range from good to bad but the base game
>tfw want the Soldier adviser voice from the Humanoids DLC pack because I hate how Klingon the Warrior adviser is
>tfw have to activate terrible fantasy humanoid portraits to get it

Is the combat still retarded as in the biggest stack wins?

well then I can only tell you to keep going
if it's your first game it isn't all to bad, engame and war in heaven (if it triggers) are going to be interesting for you as you'll likely have to depend on AI empires to survive

>Go full robot
>Map quickly fills up
>Run into THREE genocidal terminator robot races
>Feel bad for the lesser fleshy races and offer them homes inside my worlds
>Now stuck with them as the terminators wipe out the rest of the galaxy

I'll keep you safe.

Attached: Gardening Robot.png (389x810, 438K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xRtcZxzBrdg&list=PL-ohVx1aFXKFMJXx6XyxU3_zfC4cyMEJY&index=3

On one hand you have an immortal emperor. On the other hand you have immortality available for all. Were I behind a veil of ignorance, I know I would take the latter option.

whenever I play space elves I give them the orcs as a symbiotic evolution and eventually I overthrow the elves and play as the orcs

yes

Early game generally most enemies will throw themselves at you and then warp away the second they take damage, trying to bleed you by 1,000 cuts.

Once you develop anti-warp, yes it becomes that again. Unless you somehow fuck up colossally.

tfw psionic empires btfo the contingency because when they try and infiltrate your empire people are like "wait a second you're not fucking alive" and blow their heads off

Just hope you're playing on easy and it shows up on the other side of the galaxy, kek.

depends
when was the last time you played? because admirals have a cap to how many ships they can command now

This just makes me sad how much Bioware screwed up Mass Effect.

If you play online with someone that has them you get them for free :/

Fuck if I remember man. I think it was just after megastructures.

absolutely soulless, you'll never understand the wonders of the shroud, it will always be out of your limit, keep dreaming rust bucket

Gaia planets don't really have that same 'oh shit' feeling when you get them as they used to. Seeing that giant tile map was kind of awesome in that regard.

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 8K)

Бaceд

Roguelike mode:
>randomized empire
>all three randomize boxes checked (although sliders adjusted depending on how crowded you like your galaxies)
>guaranteed habitable worlds: 0
>ironman
>try to roleplay your empire's governing ethics with all events, even if you know it'll be a bad outcome
Thoughts?

Now you have to split your giant stack so you have two giant stacks.

Attached: 1559321255630.png (678x623, 222K)

Masochistic, but potentially fun.

that's some realpolitik shit user

>autodesign

Attached: 1556533329575.gif (223x222, 147K)

throwing multiple hours into the trash if you can survive the first 100 years that is.

okay nigger, let me explain it like this then
you can't pool all your ships into a single fleet anymore, now you have to have separate fleets but this ends up working like the old system because they're retarded and can't make ships have specific roles.
there's also trade and piracy now, so you have to patrol your own empire but ~20 corvettes is often times enough so it won't affect your military capabilities too much

Rust bucket? Last time I checked, my people are faster, stronger, smarter, healthier... It's you superstitious fools who are rusty.

I can get that they're visually less exciting, but with the higher habitability penalties I still get fucking PUMPED when I see a 20+ gaia world in my claimable territory.

redpill me on the L gate
how do i open it and what does it do

Attached: D8fgydrV4AAi50j.jpg (1200x1643, 239K)

>siphon
don't. Don't.

Your should learn your first game not to trust the autodesign when it gives you point defense destroyers and you get creamed trying to go up against actual destroyers.

>L gate
DO
NOT

you gather l-gate insights
it's a gateway
have fun

It can be very good....or very very....very bad.

Attached: 1540266411606.jpg (1528x1252, 1.08M)

>how
tech
>what
bad shit, be ready

Attached: 1462235036998.png (813x813, 709K)

It says autobest.
I trusted it.

so since leaders aren't capped anymore would it be a good idea to just get a ton of science ships early to scout as much as possible?

Don't ruin the surprise you goofballs.

no, base game okay, base game and DLC good
they're just not worth the price

don't ask for spoilers if you don't want spoilers, niggroid

Autobest tests all possible combos until it finds the one with the highest DPS value, it literally takes nothing else in to consideration. There's a lot of rock-paper-scissors stuff going on with naval combat in this game, so generally you're going to want to design your ships yourself. Not just because it's useful, but once you learn it the ship design is one of the more fun aspects of this game.

the game tells you itself that it could contain bad shit

the problem is you get conditioned to think that any time the game says this it basically means "it's actually good do it anyway" while the L gate can literally end your game if you aren't prepared for whatever comes out

>how do I open?
You do not
>what does it do?
Have you tried to punch a swarm of robot bees and live? This is the future that awaits you.

Attached: 2E9512A3-9D2B-49BA-BC3F-A76B8A5F8C73.png (1427x1535, 2.79M)

>Game: This is very bad, do not do it
>Translated in Player: Delicious candy, do it and do it a lot.

Anything besides autocannons, plasma,and batteries/launchers gigacanons/arc are a meme and not worth using.

the l cluster is fucking ezpz just dont open it too early
t. 700+ hours in stellaris

Yeah, early game you want to swarm the galaxy with science ships. Whether you just build a bunch or a metric fuckton depends on what you're trying to do with your empire. Each ship costs a sizable chunk of alloys (almost an entire corvette) as well as cutting in to your energy credits, so you just kinda have to balance how much those costs outweigh the benefit.
Generally I feel like six is the default number, although I'll take it down to four if I'm going tall and eight or nine if going wide.

Dig greedily. Dig deep.

I want corvettes that can do hit&run attacks on undefended fringe systems
I want destroyers to act like the defense bulwark of your empire
I want cruisers to be the true mainstay of your armada, not a fucking backline vessel because "lol hitboxes are tied to weaponsize"
I want battleships to be the capitals they should be
I want titans to be a massive investment and an even more massive potential for your empire
I basically want Stellaris+SoaSE

its only gotten worse over time too with changes like removing the chance for anomalies to fail, basically anything that comes up you're encouraged to do it, unless it's some real shit like THE WORM or the empire destroying shroud thing

not that I particularly mind, losing your level 5 scientist to some babby anomaly was always garbage

Attached: delicious candy.jpg (263x1600, 74K)

Name one thing better than committing war crimes for paltry amounts of minerals

but it's turquoise, user
nothing bad could ever be turquoise

>Post your stories
Ok, here goes:
>Buy Stellaris after trying it during the free weekend
>Spend like an hour creating my first race
>Start a game, have some fun against AI for a while
>Eventually get boxed into a corner on the map by some barbarian bird squatters
>Get bored, quit out, get tempted by the sales on all the dlc
>repeat the above 3 things until I've unwittingly spent like $70 on all the dlc
>Spend about 7 more hours making races but never playing them
>Uninstall and regret my life decisions

just have fun lol

I started as machines so I apparently have a fuckton of energy, so I guess it isn't too much of a problem until I start getting bigger?

>this is why most of the map has been quiet it seems, they advanced quickly and exterminated all others

Television was a mistake.

Attached: 1507417129129.gif (350x300, 1.99M)

Lasers are shit too?

lasers are goat early game because they cannot miss

>you can feed intelligent beings others of their species
Okay that does it.
This is the first game I'm buying during the summer sale.

>mfw I built the pyramid thingy and accidentally summoned the fucking interdimensional worm into my home system.

Attached: skaven plans.png (640x734, 296K)

this is why you never buy and just browse threads like this and enjoy other anons highlight reels.
it's a money and time sink which few other games can or will ever achieve. It's probably over $300 easy with all the dlc by now.

Oh yeah, machines generally want more science ships. If you're playing a machine empire, you're going wide. That 200% habitability bonus is literally too strong and deserving of a nerf right now. Not to mention that you sink 200 creds in to a leader and you get to keep them forever, so it's a much smaller resource investment.

and non-sentients except voidspawns don't have shields, only armour, which is exactly what lasers are intended for

zzzzzzzzzz

that's my story, bad game

time to turn into necrons

Currently playing fanatically religious bug people that genetically engineered their own slave race.

Currently using them as cannon fodder in my war against some weird plant looking things.

How does EU4 compare to CK2?

I actually managed to beat it. My birdwatching fleet was close enough by to whack that fucking worm.
Like I said, my ratmen will not be slaves to any alien.

Even if I end up losing this game, my first playtrough of stellaris as space skaven has been fun.

The game is literally rock paper scissors.
Kinetic weapons are good vs shields
Energy is good vs hull.
So if you see your neighbor with lasers, you would buy shields.
Other things do other things, read their description.

The game gets more fun if you start playing and exploring aggressively. Have a goal to either federate your neighborhood or conquer it.

The AI is shit and diplomacy sucks. Fighting is just who has a bigger number, preferably with countering weapons. Crysises are a bandaid for this issue. You know what would be more fun than a khan magically uniting all of a special type of "empire" into one, starting a crusade and then collapsing into a ton of mini-states? A regular empire doing something similar, but completely organically.
Sadly, the devs are more interested in making a star empire roleplay simulator instead of an actual strategy game. Notice how most of the interactions in the game are "I am X". This is my goverment type, this are my policies, this is how my people look and what their abilities are, my empire is a commerce/expansion/science/... focused empire. Thisis allowed in my empire and this is not. Describing what your empire is is a great way to deepen your gameplay, but it shouldn't be half of it.

very different scale, no dynasty politics or heavy focus on religion, it's very much geared around expansion, colonialism and trade, diplomacy with other nations instead of their kings, stuff like that

it's more complex I'd argue but I don't think it's too much easier or harder than CK2 is, just a very different style of game, you can't really play them the same way.

they are fundamentally different
where eu4 is about the external politics of creating and maintaining an empire, ck2 is about the internal politics of marrying off your daughter to the neighbouring kingdom and killing everyone of the ruling family with poison so you can inherit it

I play machine empires tall lmfao, I play with bio-trophies though.

I haven't played with machines too much, what happens if a leader "breaks down" or whatever the trait says? Do you lose them or can you rebuild them or whatever?

More customization and actual random story-making than any other 4x game.

Attached: 1555960262886.png (432x432, 73K)

It's death. It is just way more rare.

>playing Stellaris for grand strategy instead of story crafting and larping
u wot

also mods can probably fix your issue because that won't be changing any time soon, the game found its niche a long time ago so it's just heaping helpings of interesting lore and events. The best part of the game is the exploration side when you're finding new things and pulling at plot threads. The devs recognized this as the strongest aspect of the game and capitalized on that.

leaders are immortal but "breaking down" is just death, meaning you will likely not have one guy survive throughout your entire playthrough

If you rush the harmony trait, you can mitigate it. If that's what you are aiming for.

this will definitely go on sale during the summer sale right?

who the fuck opens with harmony though

>Make a race of religious bug people
>Want to be friends with everyone but everyone thinks we're ugly and doesn't like our politics
>Start investing a blackhole or whatever that was sending out a signal that was basically asking one of my scientists by name to go to it
>Repeat this 3 times or so each time losing that person as it calls for a new one
>Eventually the black hole doesn't want any more scientists and I go do other things again
>After that we end up finding a pod containing a dead ayylmao
>Research a bit, one scientist thinks it was our ancestor before an intelligent race altered us to be more peaceful
>Ends up turning himself into new bug person altering his genes to match the dead pod bug
>Wants all of us to drink his green demon kool aid
>Accept it since no one likes us anyways
>End up becoming nazi space bugs and wage war on my neighbors for calling us ugly.
>Eventually stop playing that save

I was planning it for my second, expansion just seems too stupidly fucking good to not take first

fucking rip discovery what did they do to my boy

it always does and with all the gameplay DLC also on sale you'll still be spending at minimum $150 for all of it.

You don't have to open with it, you can put two points into it after your first tree or while you are doing your first tree if you want to split trees.

It has some good things in there, but sure the pop growth in the expansion tree is probably the best.

Not really, they sell the bundle for 30, and newest two expansions are like 10 and 15, so 55~. around the cost of a normal game.

That's what I said, it's a star empire roleplaying game. Except AI interaction either sucks or is prescripted. It's like an RPG, except all NPCs are retarded and they determine whether they like you based on if your hair matches colour and you gave them enough free stuff. All the crysises and events would be 10x more fun if they actually were abnormalities generated by specific circumstances of this specific universe, not just some text dialogs sprinkled around randomly by god

Give me a reason to reinstall this game Yea Forums

>First bought it years ago before it was hyperlane only
>Hated the actual fleet combat because it was just bigger number > smaller number where you would occasionally take big losses if the AI had the rock/paper/scissors advantage
>Didn't mind maintaining a large fleet to deter neighbors but hated when the combat actually happened because I found it more annoying than fun
>Just wound up using guides for optimal fleet compositions to make that aspect require as little effort as possible on my end, hated having to wait for the guides to update when balance changes would come in so I could continue largely ignoring ship design

I liked creating an interacting with various empires and basically everything else but the actual war of the game was so uninteresting for me I gave up on it before all these reworks came into play, I also hated basically every mid to end game crisis because it just felt like ck2's mongol/sunset invasions where it's just a fuckhuge doomstack the AI pulls out of its ass where the only way to beat it is to have a bigger number.

You don't HAVE to buy the species packs. Even then I don't think it would be that much.

now you've gimped your early game, gz
>hair matches colour and you gave them enough free stuff
we both know it's not that arbitrary, now get the fuck out if you dislike the game so much thirdie

>OP rejected worm-friend

You piece of shit

Attached: StarfishPurge.png (460x439, 142K)

Yet I still annihilate everything around me. Hrm. If you change your playstyle you need to play differently to support that playstyle.

>spend years excavating planet for artifact
>fucking dragon teleports behind me and steals it
agghhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 20190619185353_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

First play through i did a star trek federation style. It was super easy and i won.

I agree that the Expansions have been bad. The content is either unbalanced or very late game stuff.

You don't have to mindlessly take every planet and expand. You can try to stay under your system capacity for the science bonus.
It's called playing tall.

Attached: 1556530992245.jpg (1508x1959, 720K)

The lack of unique ship looks is honestly what bothers me most about customization. Rather than making ship types fit each species phenotype (plant, mammal, cephalopod, etc) they should have made them fit a different aesthetic theme: dark and monolithic for evil/sinister empires, elegant and pretty, functional/utilitarian, ugly and scrappy, etc.

Considering getting this mod
nexusmods.com/stellaris/mods/11

The Skake bow to no one!

Which DLCs are worth it?

playing tall still works better if you adopt a tradition more suitable to playing tall
harmony does fucking nothing for you, except for the full 5% stability buff

Why not give the player more choice in terms of altering the aesthetics?

the expansions
storypacks are optional
species packs are completely unnecessary

Yes, that is a good idea too. I'm honestly baffled why they didn't go in that direction.

If you have bio-trophies it gives you an extra bonus.

How 'bout that Star Trek mod?

Attached: 20190512103900_1.jpg (1280x1024, 221K)

because assets take time to make
especially 3d assets

I don't know what's up with Relic Worlds but for that event chain you are usually better off just colonizing that world and sitting on the site until you can make a decent like 15k fleet to kill the dragon. The relic isn't really great though, the planet is way better unless it's tiny or something.

Yeah, that'd be fantastic
>Humanoids Ship Pack 7.99

Decent. I had fun with it.

I just played Stellaris with the absolutely rare gem (mod), Iron Sky. I love everything of it.

Attached: 1560658936268[1].jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

So Megacorp Utopia and Apocolupse?

I saw someone playing it but he was so garbo I stopped watching
as far as I can tell, stellaris is (not yet) deep enough to make these types of mods anything other than constant warfare 2: new setting boogaloo

huh I guess synthetic dawn and distant stars aren't considered expansions, but yes those 3 are the most game changing

>I bought all the DLCs like a good goyim
>Johan himself once slapped my ass
How's my story

Ok, gonna play this thing for the first time ever.
What should i do? I'm slightly nationalist and kindda hate that my current government's idea of "fighting communism" is basically bending over to "non-communist" nations. Fuck that, i want my resourses to myself and the world can suck a big one, if they ask nicely i'm ok with selling whatever we are not using.
Just giving an idea of the government i want though, not trying to start a political argument here.

Militarist/xenophobe, probably. Try the premade one, the Commonwealth of Man.

How is the lewd void mod? Game breaking? Does it cause significant slowdowns?

>galactic east
Dropped

>Paradox game

Attached: 10B27E18-0678-48C6-83E1-47B1E09BA97B.jpg (359x409, 17K)

And then what do you do then? Something game breaking just ends your game?

post your chin fagget

>Not playing as the empire of abh.

>It took us less than a century to get off Germany's ass for the holocaust
What rock are you living under? The holocaust is still being treated as the worst thing that has ever happened and there are constant reminders and callbacks to it whenever any populist party starts getting favorable views. Hell yesterday they had politicians in the US mentioning it indirectly in order to try and pressure Trump to stop doing the very very little he's doing regarding the issues at the southern border

The worm loves you! It always had and always will.

So starnet? All of my neighbours hate me now.

>Hell yesterday they had politicians in the US mentioning it indirectly
Yeah, crazy how people use the words "concentration camp" when talking about concentration camps.

Seems alright. Any first time tips?

focus on your economy
you will most likely get shafted, don't let it get you down

What mods allow me to rape my xeno slaves and turn them into human cattle

Cool. Thanks user.

I killed multiple planets full of fungus and bird people with bioweapons to clear them out for human colonization as the UNE while multiple crisis's were occurring

>try to play a LARP game and constrain myself
>end up just sitting on a shit ton of resources again
>run out of other shit to spend it on so just start amassing ships
>now just sitting there with a shitton of ships
>game just becomes blobbing again so I have something to do
>other civs get too far away and become a nightmare to logistically conquer
>they join a federation so now I have to conquer every single planet of two empires to subjugate on top of this, even though I blew out their entire fleet in a single battle
>quit playing
Literally every stellaris playthrough I've had

Attached: Anderson1I1.png (619x576, 291K)

I don't know how I'm supposed to enjoy the warfare in this game. It just seems like you're supposed to make giant deathstacks? I've played it on and off since launch and every time I quit my campaigns whenever I have to go to war.

Attached: 1536715113846.jpg (400x400, 25K)

I had also managed to split the empire I was attacking in two through multiple wars beforehand. The new democratic fungus person empire sided with my federation and basically just sat back and watched as I wiped out half their species.

Essentially. They tried to fix this with command limits but fleet manager is so ass I question if it was worth it

you're not, this game isn't about battles

I don't know about you guys, but I've always spammed two models of corvettes into a swarm and camped for enemy stacks with them. They're nasty when in range.

It's rather different from ordinary gameplay. There's more focus on population growth and xenophilia. The customization it provides through traits is pretty great, even if it's all sexual traits.
If you use it with glavenus' ai mod, rivals can take advantage of that population and put up a real challenge. It's pretty fun overall.
The downsides are that brood parasites were annoying to deal with and pairing syncretic all female + all male / intercompatible womb + intercompatible sperm species will drown you in subspecies.
But I haven't played it in a while and it's gotten a bunch of updates since.

ok let's do this
>win a war and take one of the enemy systems as a reward
>the system with two planets
>one of the planets is opening rebelling from me
>send in my 7K fleet and my ground army
>but before my fleet make it the planet, I lost the planet
>ok it's just one planet I still have the over one NOPE!
>just because one of them rebelled I lost the whole system
WHAT1?
>ALSO MY FLEET IS NOW MISSING!?
NIGGER, WHAT THE FUCK?
>have yo bulled a new fleet but at the same time the rebels are invading my empire
HELP ME bros

Attached: 0JbMc1h.png (934x570, 603K)

Also I'd just like to add fuck having to patrol hyperlanes for pirates

>get 11k worth of event ships in the first 20 years as a fanatic purifier

Attached: 1499145597546.png (264x191, 6K)

Anarcho-Capitalism empire build are the best.

Attached: b6a.jpg (600x699, 48K)

whats the learning curve like in this? or is it more comparable to civ?

Yeah but my point is you don't blame current day Germany for it, and being stuck with it for 400 years is ridiculous

thats why you purge bro

I need slaves user.

It's comparably easy to learn, took me two runs to get a good grip for the game.

My biggest gripe is planet management. I prefered the tile system, was extremely simple, with a little depth due to synergies. Now it feels overly complex and really annoying to deal with. Its strange I remember when they were working on Stellaris they wanted to make a space based game like their previous games but more streamlined and refined, simple to pick up and play. Yet with each patch they've moved past their original vision.

I want to make space goblins.
Will the mod let me use the wombs of other species to make exact copies of my own species?

Attached: 95A34EFB-642A-4673-9E22-CF836C4D90B8.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

there was a mod that added civilian traffic but it stopped getting updates, it ran fine too

most of the game is just economic management

the real learning curve is logistics and fleet management against crisis stuff

properly built battleship fleets are still one of the best fleets comps, they're pretty much second only to corvette swarms but that's only because of how fucking ludicrously resource, fleet cap, and build time efficient corvette swarms are.

I don't mean just visuals. I want to be able to disrupt the shipping between two planets to potentially starve them out

If i host a game will you fags join?

Attached: 1488385729040.gif (256x256, 297K)

build a planet killer......what it's for mining, not war.
why are you looking at me like that?

Attached: rogue-one-04192015.jpg (970x545, 212K)

Tell me about it, civilian traffic was one of my favorites, along with the space defense agency. Was pretty neat, it would pop out auto defense ships for your invaded planets automatically, and their effectiveness, number, and strength depended on the size of your empire, your population, your tech, and how many branches you've built, build 1 for each planet you take and they can really gum up an enemy advance. Another mod added defense stations you could place anywhere in your system. I had a game where I was the only human faction, surrounded for the most part by dickheads. My entire Empire was only accessible via 2 planets, so I named one Cadia and the other Reach and just shit out defenses. By the time a coalition of xenoscum came calling I was the most fortified sector of space, easily wrecked them. Just in time to, because the fucking tyranids or whatever they were called started shitting into the galaxy. The tried Cadia, we won but at horrific cost. This was back when you could build as many defense armies as you wanted, I had millions of men under arms in Cadia, with easily 100 defense platforms including a giant stronghold the mod added, plus a defense fleet. We broke the main bug assault on that arm of the galaxy. The rest of the galaxy got eaten. Pic related.

Shame I don't enjoy the game anymore, way too many changes.

Attached: 1275604133955.jpg (702x1008, 780K)

But another empire can open L-gate, right? How to stop it?

can I use my mods?

No

I'm playing a race of hive mind insects, I made a federation with the weaker neighboring fungal hive mind civilization and we're stomping our human neighbors in the nuts. feels good not having to deal with happiness in my empire, plus my free federation fleet is ab 8k beast 75 years in

Ok faggots , i am gonna host a game
just let my toaster load

I love fucking with the natives.

Attached: native-american-wikimedia.jpg (700x562, 212K)

Ok faggots i am gonna host a game
Here is the ID
and if you are a faggot and dont know how to join the name has the Key word of "Tardom" on the tittle , so you cannot get lost you retard

Attached: 1487648420679.png (500x375, 291K)

the level of traffic was tied to how much money the system made so if you blew up all the stations and mines there'd be less traffic

give me a minute, the game just now needs an update.

>tfw no one came

stellaris MP is slow and boring, sorry bud

>tfw you will never play strategy vidya whit Yea Forums

my game is updating

Attached: 656ce633e7193cfb5ab2b6bb432d2824.jpg (540x540, 27K)

look fag , if yours update and the thread is still up , hit me up and i will host something

whats the Worms endgame?

Attached: 20190127170347_1.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

Play Alpha Centauri Instead.

Attached: delinquents of planet.jpg (800x602, 78K)

Tbh a lot of the relic worlds are like that. My guess is that they designed the DLC with the idea that you'd have to excavate the site before you could colonize the planet, but then changed that at the last minute.

>tfw will never play a big 10+ player stellaris game with no AIs
It would be pretty much the only thing that could make the game fun again for me.
I haven’t played since several major updates ago so I’d probably just get steamrolled by some minmaxing fanatic purifier player anyway.

>Start a Republic of Man run
>Make a shit ton of ships and enslave the closest civilization to me
>Enslave 3 Civilizations
>One major civilization left
>Give all slave civilization rights
>Use all civilizations to invade their area for war
>Win
>Enslave enemy civilization
>Enslave the civilizations I gave rights to.
This game is really one of the best games I have played in a while.

Attached: dzo1ny8kyot01.jpg (576x768, 125K)